NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 21 Discussion

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tsianlov
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

UPTADE on Tsianlov's entry

Postby Tsianlov » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:29 am

The song is in the style of this Song:OMG-Usher

Phoenigetuzstha
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenigetuzstha » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 am

Phoenigetuzstha National Final
QEP - Bringing Colour to Phoenigetuzstha

Hello and welcome to the results of Phoenigetuzstha's National Final, the first of it's kind. Hundreds turned out to see the event at the beautiful Tigran Odeon. Now here are the results.

Elissa Haira - Combustion
Paradoxia - The Mist of the Night
Tanis Harakia - Hollow Words
Esmee - Chivalry
Belthshazaar Darumika - Triumphant
Badon - Lycanthropy

And the winner, with 43% of the vote is....
Elissa Haira with Combustion!

Congratulations Elissa, and good luck at WorldVision 21!
WHF5: 1st (24 points)
WHF6: 15th (7 points)
WHF7: 7th (24 points)
WHF8: 5th (29 points)
WHF9: 13th (13 points)
WHF10: 4th (31 points)
WV20: 6th (75 points)
WV21: 9th (72 points)
WV22: 4th (135 points)
WV23: 10th (76 points)

Tsianlov
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsianlov » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 am

Breaking news from the Backyard Band!!

These came all the Way from Kartov Grand Hotel that Alekeij Von Ochenstraat Died because of Drugs,He Died at the age of 37 at 06:35 Am., he has been Struggling with that problem for over 3 Years. Many say the reason why he began to use drugs is because of his Wife that died with a Dreadful Heartattack, After that he quit his job, He is well know with the Police and began to sing in a rockband, But Alekeij is a well known Rock singer and some fans are just falling in tears. The Melody grand prix will start in a bit.

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:22 am

Tsianlov wrote:The song is in the style of this Song:OMG-Usher

You realize that you will have to write the lyrics yourself? As that song is called the same as your entry... Just asking.

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:35 am

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Whitney Houston is dead. :(

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 am

Tsianlov wrote:
Chenkorya wrote:This is absolutely an extremely bad host bid, but also, Tsianlov can not bid, as it is debuting in the competition. Debuting nations can't bid for hosting WV.

Man.... But what the heck is a Host bid? I thought it was justing wanting to host it and showing their AWESOME consert halls :P

You must participate in at least one contest before you can submit a host bid.
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:32 am

ChenkorVision is being broadcasted by CBU-Euskirribakondara, and on EUSK1 as well... Achieving incredible figures. From the 2nd SF, Mademoiselle's song "Buonanotte" has reached number 5 on the Kingdom Charts... Something incredible taking into account that currently the top 4 is being held by WHF songs.

Mademoiselle's mother is Euskirribakondaran, and maybe her Euskal fame is due to that. But, the song is now being played in all clubs of the Kingdom!
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Albertasby
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertasby » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 am

Madrin, The City of 1, 000 Tunes

Madrin, the so-called City of 1, 000 Tunes, is a city that thrives off its music and art business, and is a hub for Albertasbian and world culture, attracting thousands of budding musicians and artists to its streets to learn and perfect their trade. The city is famed for its numerous piazzas and parks, where bandstands are filled daily with performers, and street artists can be found on almost every corner. Boasting some of the best weather in Albertasby, it is a welcome spot for tourists and workers alike. Located on Lake Tonnta, the city has a relaxed but vibrant feel, where visitors can choose to bathe and relax, or party and get involved. All of this makes Madrin the perfect place to host WorldVision.

Madrin, The City of Boats

Both arriving to and moving around Madrin is both easy and practical. Served by the Madrin International Airport, flights can be taken from almost all over the world and it has a large capacity for the amount of aeroplanes flying in; taking about thirty planes at a time. Once into the city, getting around is easy, with an integrated transport system that is both clean and reliable. There is an underground rail line, with trains running every ten minutes. The underground is one of the best in the world, boasting awards for cleanliness, reliability and eco-friendliness. The underground can take you almost any where in the city, with stations located all over the city. As well as a subway, the city boasts an ultra-modern bus service, with all the buses leading to a central hub in the centre of the city. The buses are clean and reliable, and have been designed to produce the minimum amount of carbon emissions as possible. If, however, buses and trains aren't your thing, you can take one of the numerous ferries that are constantly on the move on the lake. The ferries can direct you all the way over the lake, or to one of the many ferry stops along the Madrin coast on the lake. All in all, Madrin has one of the best transport systems within Albertasby, Rushmore and the world.

Madrin, The City of Life

The city has both a vibrant, busy feel as well as a calmer, relaxed vibe. Whether you want to party and let your hair down in one of the city's many nightclubs and discos or whether you'd rather sit in a park and sip on lemonade; there is something for everyone. The night life in the city is famous worldwide for being fun, vibrant and most importantly cheap. Although all of the clubs are of the highest standard, alcohol is extremely cheap in the city, making it ideal for anyone who enjoys clubbing and the buzz of night life. Another key thing to experience in the city are the numerous outdoor concerts. Almost every day the city hosts an open air performance in one of the many parks, and they vary from global superstars to local folk bands; there will be a music show of every genre at some point during the year. Already confirmed for the dates of WorldVision are local indie band Honour Amongst Thieves, soprano singer Emilia Fox and pop star Charlotta DeBreeze. If concerts aren't your thing, then take a trip towards the lake and experience one of the many piazza markets that make the city famous. Although small individually, the sheer amount of them means that there is a stall selling everything; and at cheap prices they are ideal for picking up bargains of some sort.

Madrin, The City of Slumber

Throughout the city, places to sleep can be found in abundance. Some, such as The Majestic, are huge hotels that reach high up into the sky. Others, such as LakeSide Cottage, are small little cottages hidden in amongst the trees and hills. For a truly unique experience, a night in the floating hotel Iridescent should be taken. The hotel is a building built upon a floating platform and is located in the centre of the lake floats gently and lightly. To reach the hotel, a small ferry can be taken, and leaving the hotel is exactly the same, with a small ferry running continually between the hotel and the shore. The city is filled with hotels, totalling around five hundred all in all. There is also a hotel to meet all budgets, with one star hostels and camping all the way up to six star luxury penthouse suites. All of the hotels have signed up to a scheme to provide cheaper rooms specifically for the contest; meaning that accommodation will be widely available and also quite affordable for all budgets.

Madrin, The City of Cuisine

Food is one of the most important focuses of Madrin, and plays an integral part in the overall culture of the city and is an important factor in how the city developed. Because of food playing such a key role in the city's history and development, it has remained a strong influence and key factor within how the city operates. Street food is extremely common in Madrin, with markets and streets filled with stalls selling all sorts of food from barbecued meats to freshly made pancakes and everything in between. If you'd rather go upmarket, then head down to the lake's shore, which contains numerous high class fish restaurants and steakhouses. As well as restaurants, the city is famed for its cafés and bakeries, which both serve freshly made hot drinks and bread products. Madrin prides itself on the exceptional service and standards of the cafés and bakeries, that can be found on most streets within the city. If, however, you would want to grab a takeaway, then head to the Rue de la Fruce; a street specifically dedicated to takeaways and fast food joints. Here, a meal of any kind of cuisine can be picked up and taken home.

Madrin, The City of Dreams

Built specifically for WorldVision 21, the Snail Shell Opera House is ultra modern, sleek and absolutely ideal to host a contest of this size. The building is located in the centre of the lake, attached to the land by a long stretching pier, and can be seen for miles around due to its gigantic size and also its dominating appearance. The building is made of glass fitted with hundreds of LED lights, which can be used by performers to set an overall atmosphere that engulfs the whole building rather than just the stage. The building itself can hold up to 75, 000 people, making it ideal to house the huge number of spectators that the contest brings with it. As it was built in late 2011, it is extremely modern and up-to-date, and cost just over $100 million NSD to build. Because of this, almost anything can be used within a performance, including pyrotechnics, trap doors, bungees, revolving floors, slides... The list goes on. The stage itself (third image in the title) is completely kitted out with fully operational LED screens, an LED floor and has an orchestral pit in front of the stage, as well as on the left hand side. Numerous spotlights and lights focus upon the stage as well, making it the perfect venue for the contest to be hosted at.

Madrin, The City of Unity

"United Through Music" has been the slogan that has been adopted to go with the contest, and the theme of friendship and togetherness will be present throughout the contest. It is an homage to the older contests, that stood for peace and equality, and has been chosen as Madrin and the world have such a diverse range of people, who can all relate to music in some way or another. Music is something that everyone has an opinion on, and something that everyone can enjoy and experience. Because of this, it is one of the few things that can actually unite everyone, and so the slogan and theme seem quite fitting to the contest.

Madrin, The City of Beauty

The postcards of the contest are always something that are both interesting and spectacular, and create a talking point amongst the world. Because of this, gifted and talented artists have been dispatched throughout Albertasby to paint specific areas of natural beauty or famous buildings that are iconic of our nation. These paintings will become the postcards of the contest, with the country's name featured as well as the contest's slogan in their national language. Postcards will be explained to all broadcasters and commentators, so they know what they are seeing, and the paintings will be on display in a gallery in Madrin, complete with which country they are matched to.
Call me Alby // I'm a She

China and hong kong
Secretary

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby China and hong kong » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:26 am

Chinavision Final:

Miku = 293 points, Alice Mordavile= 312 points, Boys time = 263 point, Yonta Ding = 301 points, Yao Yao = 327 points, Yung Mow = 276 points, Lee Tong = 287 points.

Top 4: Yao Yao Alice Mordavile, Yonta Ding, Miku.

Hong Kongavision Final:

Danny Chan = 231 points, Twins = 390 points, Dalita = 191 points, Ping Pong = 201, Rosima Khan = 283 points, Oman Barnak = 213, Russle Howerd = 301 points, Tamona Tie = 381 points.

Top 4: Twins, Tamona Tie, Russle Howerd, Rosima Khan.

Overall Final:
Yao Yao = 493 points, Alice Mordavile = 491 points, Yonta Ding = 331 points, Miku = 411 points, Twins = 491 points, Russle Howerd = 489, Rosima Khan = 321 point, Tamona Tie = 501 points.

Top 4:
4th = Russle Howerd with The Queen Gets Wasted. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQcpXBk ... re=related

3rd = Twins with 明爱暗恋补习社 Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthpZwK795k

2nd = Yao Yao With Di Di Da Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIeEbjMC_M4

1st = Tamona Tie With Bullet Proof Tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg&ob=av2n

Our entry is:
Artist: Tamona Tie
Song: Bullet Proof
Broudcaster: CHKITV (China and Hong Kong Imireal Televition)

Saintrabina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintrabina » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 pm

I need everybody here to take part in voting in Saintrabinian preselection. Please, help me!
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163423&start=50#p8417014

Tsianlov
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Terrible News

Postby Tsianlov » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Sorry but Tsianlov will NOT Participate. Reason is: Because we are newbs.... Wee might sing up in WVSC 22-25.

Central Lothian
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Lothian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Central Lothian held their National Final over the weekend. A public vote decided that our song will be I'm Going Home sung by the Strawberries.

OOC - Fuller details will follow in due course.
Please note: Central Lothian is the direct successor to Mid Lothian*. As a result, I am still called Rebecca, I am still a Grammar Nazi and most information pertaining to ML also applies to CL (although I will be taking this time to change a few things).

* - And I may refer to the country as Mid Lothian. If I do, assume that I mean Central Lothian. (And not to be confused with "Midlothian" - I'm using that as a fascist version of CL.)

Zersium wrote:I actually meant England. Scotland uses the pound?

Milograd wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:We are a MEGA POWER-A combination between Hyperpower and Smart Power

Obviously. If there is one word that describes Kalasparata, it is obviously "smart."

China and hong kong
Secretary

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby China and hong kong » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Reythan wrote:I'm already doing something like this in Euski. Why not here? I'm in.

There are two song contests: WV and WHF :D

whats WHF?

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 pm

China and hong kong wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:
There are two song contests: WV and WHF :D

whats WHF?

World Hit Festival, a contest created by Saintrabina and overseed by him until WHF5. I took over since WHF6, and we have a webpage thread where I post news about the artists/songs/etc. (the link is on my signature); and currently we're on WHF7... The edition being hosted in Harrikes, my capital city.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Tsianlov wrote:Sorry but Tsianlov will NOT Participate. Reason is: Because we are newbs.... Wee might sing up in WVSC 22-25.

OOC: If you do not participate, you will NOT be eligible to run for host in WV22. :palm: Don't think, "Oh, I'll participate only if I get my bid," this all about COMPROMISE.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Tsianlov wrote:Sorry but Tsianlov will NOT Participate. Reason is: Because we are newbs.... Wee might sing up in WVSC 22-25.

OOC: If you do not participate, you will NOT be eligible to run for host in WV22. :palm: Don't think, "Oh, I'll participate only if I get my bid," this all about COMPROMISE.

You're one to talk about this, always bidding on your debut and Syvorjis' debut. I bet you're going to make a new nation and bid for the next contest with it. :p
Last edited by Swilatia on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:04 am

I'm getting tired of the negative treatment these potential new contestants are recieving. You treat them like they're stupid... joke about them.

I think a certain member of the organising committee should look at the way they respond to newcomers enquiries.
Because that committee member themselves could be considered fairly new to the contest, compared to committee members such as myself who has been involved since the 8th edition. So I would expect them to understand how it is when you start out.Obviously not.

The first time in a contest is always going to be the trickiest for a contestant. They don't know the rules like we do, they havn't seen it before and then they get treated like dirt when they try and put an input.

If they don't understand something, then explain it to them. In a civilised, calm and friendly matter. I saw very aggressive response to a newcomers post and I am very disappointed in the committee member who wrote it. Now our newcomer has withdrawn because they feel they don't know enough, because the posts here are making them look like they are stupid.

Valcluse
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Valcluse » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

On a more light-hearted topic, Valcluse's entry is Il y a Toujours Demain (There is Always Tomorrow) by Henri Bachmann.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:33 am

KB, I personally think that you saying this is a little bit hypocrite. I don't know which edition it was, I think previous one, when newer nations were just trying to give ideas and you were immediately snarling at them in caps et cetera.
I've heard from pretty much nations they don't feel like they can give ideas and such IN WV because of you not reacting friendly to them, gag them, not giving them a chance at all to say what they want to.

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 am

Chenkorya wrote:KB, I personally think that you saying this is a little bit hypocrite. I don't know which edition it was, I think previous one, when newer nations were just trying to give ideas and you were immediately snarling at them in caps et cetera.
I've heard from pretty much nations they don't feel like they can give ideas and such IN WV because of you not reacting friendly to them, gag them, not giving them a chance at all to say what they want to.

Well I think you're forgetting something here. You don't run things by anyone... and give me the names of those nations. Because right now I'd love to hear them... And Chenkorya... I'm not the only one here who thinks the same way. At least I try and honour the contest Swilatia founded.

And do you know who invited the newcomer to participate???

I DID!
So excuse me for being angry that they were driven out...

And if anyone has a problem with me... then speak to me about it. I don't bite for gods sake.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:42 am

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Chenkorya wrote:KB, I personally think that you saying this is a little bit hypocrite. I don't know which edition it was, I think previous one, when newer nations were just trying to give ideas and you were immediately snarling at them in caps et cetera.

Well I think you're forgetting something here. You don't run things by anyone... and give me the names of those nations. Because right now I'd love to hear them... And Chenkorya... I'm not the only one here who thinks the same way. At least I try and honour the contest Swilatia founded.

And do you know who invited the newcomer to participate???

I DID!
So excuse me for being angry that they were driven out...

And if anyone has a problem with me... then speak to me about it. I don't bite for gods sake.

I've never said I'm running anything. And no, I am not going to give you those names. I know they don't want me to do it , and I think that if they wanted everyone, or you in particular, to know, they would have posted it here in the thread or TG you. So no, sorry, I'm not listening to this command. I don't think you are honouring the contest Swilatia founded when you snarl at people like they are saying the stupidest thing ever.

Oh, how great you invited him. He's welcome, but I don't think it's important information.

One more example of the snarling is this post...
Kingsley Bedford wrote:Cimitara... DO NOT EDIT YOUR VOTES ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN POSTED!

Caps is on again. Later, it just turned out to be a joke in the signature, one that was pretty easy to find. You also could have just looked, instead of just posting, blinded by rage.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:31 am

Just wanted to know, Swilatia, would you be interested to be the overseer again, totally on your own, instead of being in the committee?

Because I actually think that's a much better idea.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:48 am

I think the winner of each contest should be the overseer for that edition. That way, it will eliminate the hassles, and one more reason to win.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 am

Luziyca wrote:I think the winner of each contest should be the overseer for that edition. That way, it will eliminate the hassles, and one more reason to win.

:palm:

Haha, and what if you win?

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:04 am

Chenkorya wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I think the winner of each contest should be the overseer for that edition. That way, it will eliminate the hassles, and one more reason to win.

:palm:

Haha, and what if you win?

Then I get oversee it until the next edition, obviously.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates