NATION

PASSWORD

The United Defenders League

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 pm

The post in question was deleted by the moderators. I'm not sure if anything happened to the nation, because obviously I can't see the post anymore. I wasn't watching that raid too closely, so I actually didn't even see the post before it got disappeared.

Also, just because natives complain doesn't mean that their complaints are valid evidence about the actions of raiding regions. In NC, one person stepped out of line. If you recall correctly, soon after, the entire raiding force was forbidden from posting on the RMB by the point nation: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=866853
Last edited by Crushing Our Enemies on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Argo Rhos
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Argo Rhos » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Casl wrote:
Rachel Anumia wrote:Look, I don't see the big reason to be so upset. There has been no malice shown towards natives and hence, there is no reason to believe that Belgium is in danger. It is just like Stargate and North Carolina. Much of the animosity has been due to people who were already pre-disposed. But even with that animosity, this raid has been very peaceful. Why bring the fire and brimstone when it does no good and simply escalates situations?

Actually everyone hated the raiders in Stargate, they were ejecting some of our members for not posting on the RMB or just saying you suck.

Stargate was a nightmare that decreased my regions activity ten fold from before the raid.

That i doubt. Raiders have zero influence to boot anyone. Maybe you were mistaken and thought one of the fendas was a native?
✯ ✯ ✯ Raider and Proud ✯ ✯ ✯
I'm not a bully. I voted Obama.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:The post in question was deleted by the moderators. I'm not sure if anything happened to the nation, because obviously I can't see the post anymore. I wasn't watching that raid too closely, so I actually didn't even see the post before it got disappeared.

Also, just because natives complain doesn't mean that their complaints are valid evidence about the actions of raiding regions. In NC, one person stepped out of line. If you recall correctly, soon after, the entire raiding force was forbidden from posting on the RMB by the point nation: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=866853

The 'sister grabbing' joke was on the raider WFE.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:49 pm

Some people found it funny, others didn't. It all depends on your type of humour and perspective; I can laugh about jokes about Canada.
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Whoops - sorry for the factual error. As I said, I wasn't following the raid that carefully.

As for myself, I thought the joke was a little funny, and I'm a RL North Carolinian.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:Whoops - sorry for the factual error. As I said, I wasn't following the raid that carefully.
Clearly this means I win. :P

St George vs Crushing Our Enemies = 2012's real ns gameplay rivalry ;)

As for myself, I thought the joke was a little funny, and I'm a RL North Carolinian.

I must now find you when I'm in NC :P
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
Кромартий

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:The post in question was deleted by the moderators.

Just to clarify, the post in question was deleted by Go Go Gadget Defender, who appears to have been an invader/defender delegate. The poster, Siddhartha gautama buddha, CTE'd about a week ago completely normally in a different region. To the best of my knowledge, the moderators were totally uninvolved in any recent North Carolina raids.

Edit: I missed earlier points about the joke on the raider WFE or RMB. In any event, I don't think we interfered with NC at all.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:47 pm

Casl wrote:Stargate was a nightmare that decreased my regions activity ten fold from before the raid.

There have been an average of 5 posts on the Stargete RMB per day since General Hammond has returned to the delegacy. I'm not really seeing the evidence of permanent damage to your activity levels...

We were averaging around 20 posts a day before, something that took weeks and weeks of effort to get up.

Argo Rhos wrote:
Casl wrote:Actually everyone hated the raiders in Stargate, they were ejecting some of our members for not posting on the RMB or just saying you suck.

Stargate was a nightmare that decreased my regions activity ten fold from before the raid.

That i doubt. Raiders have zero influence to boot anyone. Maybe you were mistaken and thought one of the fendas was a native?

Weeks and 50+ endos put his influence about long term residents.

We gathered in another region until you left.
Last edited by Casl on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Casl wrote:We were averaging around 20 posts a day before, something that took weeks and weeks of effort to get up.

In the 25 days preceeding the raid, there were 156 posts on the RMB, at an average of 6.24 per day. I call BS. Stargate is fine.
Last edited by Crushing Our Enemies on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Casl wrote:
Casl wrote:Stargate was a nightmare that decreased my regions activity ten fold from before the raid.

There have been an average of 5 posts on the Stargete RMB per day since General Hammond has returned to the delegacy. I'm not really seeing the evidence of permanent damage to your activity levels...

We were averaging around 20 posts a day before, something that took weeks and weeks of effort to get up.

Is it just me or does this read as massively schizophrenic?
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Fixed my post. Casl was quoting me in his earlier post, not himself.

Crushing Our Enemies wrote:

Last edited by Crushing Our Enemies on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Wow, that wasn't cool Casl :P

Hopefully we won't see more of that in the future.
Self-Lighting Firework

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh shushie i am allowed to exaggerate anything i want about Stargate.

Lol it made you do math :P

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Casl wrote:Oh shushie i am allowed to exaggerate anything i want about Stargate.

Lol it made you do math :P

Right but now you've given us a case study that shows that piling raids have been shown to do know harm to regions such as Stargate, ultimately showing that raider action taken there was by no means excessive or brutal.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Casl
Diplomat

Postby Casl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Random banning was damaging you idiot.

We lost several members permanently....

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 am

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League,

Our eyes and our hearts are have been possessed by Belgium; in the past week, we saw a large foreign hindrance to that community develop internally. Raiders seized the region in large numbers. We have felt the struggles and the frustration of the Belgians. We had thought of strategy, we dreamt of resolution.

I had written this great speech to go here because when I had written it, Belgium was still occupied and we were preparing for a liberation in a week’s time. As of late night, the Belgium occupation was over; raiders used a cliché technique to take the Rejected Realms briefly for twelve hours before being overwhelmed by forces from TITO, UDL, RRA and the FRA. Nonetheless, I’ll keep the speech lying around since it will apply to us again in the near future, if it be a week from now, or two weeks. This is the time to recruit, this is the time to learn and prepare. Charles Darwin said that "it is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

*excuse me* >_>

1 minute ago: Unibot II was commended by Security Council Resolution # 78.

<_<

The commendation is indeed a great honor. I’ve had the opportunity to commend some amazing players like The Cat-Tribe and Commerce Heights and have had the opportunity to get know some other amazing players like A Mean Old Man, Ballotonia, Goobergunchia, Kandarin, Naivetry and Todd McCloud who are all in the commendation “clubbie”. I wouldn’t have written the commendations I have if I didn’t think it was one of the biggest honours that the NationStates community could bestow on a player. So, this is a really pleasant surprise; thank you.

On the subject of our administration, this past week we’ve had some great new members join us. Just to drop some names: Rhodmhire, Gidetisms, Auremena and Neo Arcad may ring a bell from the generalite and F7 crowd, Saugeais and Burchadinger from the NS-Sports crowd, Nullarni and Lowell Leber from the New Warsaw Pact. From the roleplay community, we’re honoured to welcome New Azura from Gholgoth, Praetonia from Haven, In addition to New Emperica, YellowApple, Libaries and Rastynhaven. I’m also very happy to invite LadyRebels back to the battlefield; she’s been lightening up the mood around the place and working very hard. LadyRebels, of course, is a former delegate of The South Pacific and a former prominent member of the Atlantic Alliance, one of the most famous invader organizations in NS History. So we’re very happy and very fortunate to have her join our team.

Finally, last update, I announced that our organization was in need of a new Chief Lieutenant as Spartzerium, our past Chief Lieutenant is transitioning out of the League to join the Black Hawks. It’s my pleasure to announce that Carta (also known as Milograd) will be The United Defenders League’s new Chief Lieutenant. When I was creating The United Defenders League --not many people know this-- but it was actually Carta who designed our organization’s symbol. I asked for a design which would become iconic and I thought he had nailed it at the time and still do. The task of the Chief Lieutenant is often to keep the forum tidy and looking nice and act as my confidant and consultant; like Spartz, Carta has a heart of gold and a subtle wisdom that will serve him well in this capacity.

Oh and Movie Night: Saturday, Feb 4th 20:00 EST. No idea what we’re watching, but I’ll figure it out. Come join us on the night; we’ll be opening up our military channel (#udl on Espernet) to the public as usual.

And your Moments of Zen to make up for the admittedly crappy one last update,
<Riemstagrad> we're just chatting Unibot
<Ballotonia> Spotting, Riemst. It's called spotting.
<Blaat|learning> like that movie... raidspotting... where a bunch of scottish drug addicts do stuff.

<@Unibot> According to Europeia's voting thread, I'm a misogynist, rules-breaking fenda with a "dark side".
<@Milograd> unibot is jack bauer

<+Sanctaria> "did we do a minor today?"
<@Mahaj> lol
<@Mahaj> i'm a minor...
<@Mahaj> this might not be that bad ;)

<@Unibot> "The All Things Must Pass of Unibot II" <-- this pre-title was classier when I was grieving the retirement of Spartz more so than when my commendation is up to vote. >_>
<@Ballotonia> :D
* @Ballotonia had not noticed that yet
<@Milograd> looooooool @ unibot
<@Milograd> YOU SHALL NOT PASS D:<

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
Last edited by Unibot II on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm

How you all missed it I will never understand... Unless there's some game afoot that I don't see, that is. Campina sees it now at least. Or I sure hope he does.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:How you all missed it I will never understand... Unless there's some game afoot that I don't see, that is. Campina sees it now at least. Or I sure hope he does.

The person who signs off on new members (moi) is me and I just logged on. I knew he wasn't clean the moment I looked at his nation; however Campina made it much easier, having already posted on the RMB, a full exposé on Mr. Newbie Spy.
Last edited by Unibot II on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:How you all missed it I will never understand... Unless there's some game afoot that I don't see, that is. Campina sees it now at least. Or I sure hope he does.

Thanks for posting something so vague, it took me 10 minutes to realize what you meant :p
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:48 pm

The last IRC quote. Chuckleworthy.

The rest of the update, as you said... was meh
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Charles Darwin said that "it is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

Democratic institutions have shown themselves to be the most capable of this.
Self-Lighting Firework

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Rachel Anumia wrote:
Charles Darwin said that "it is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

Democratic institutions have shown themselves to be the most capable of this.

No not really. Democratic institutions have frequently broken down across the world, forcing, in some cases entire rewrites of constitutions *cough*france*cough*.

Just because Europeia/some parts of the West (ns example/rl example) are allegedly better responsive to change doesn't mean this is the norm.
Кромартий

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Cromarty wrote:
Rachel Anumia wrote:Democratic institutions have shown themselves to be the most capable of this.

No not really. Democratic institutions have frequently broken down across the world, forcing, in some cases entire rewrites of constitutions *cough*france*cough*.

Just because Europeia/some parts of the West (ns example/rl example) are allegedly better responsive to change doesn't mean this is the norm.

I'm not saying that they are always good at it, but that it's the best system for it. Your handful of democratic examples could be countered with the much larger example of non-democratic ones.

So yes, I'd agree that they have shown themselves to be the most capable.
Self-Lighting Firework

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Regions that adapt best to change are the ones with people in them who have the best ideas of how to adapt.

At that point, it's just a matter of how efficiently he can convince the people with power (be they one nation, more than one nation, or ALL the nations)in that region to adopt his plan. One could make the case that an individual with a plan has more power to implement it in a democracy, but that's not necessarily true. If it's actually a good idea, it'll happen. We all have a telegram inbox - it's not a matter of access to those in power. If a Private in The Black Hawks has an idea, he can tell a General about it, and if it's a good idea, the General will probably do it. That might even be MORE efficient than a democratic system, wherein he might have to convince half the legislature, and make sure that it's not only a good idea, it's also a popular idea. Those two things aren't always alike.

EDIT: How did an argument about democracy creep into this thread? Did I skip a few posts somewhere?
Last edited by Crushing Our Enemies on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:26 pm

I like razzing the UDL about it because it claims to advance it :P
Self-Lighting Firework

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay