NATION

PASSWORD

The United Defenders League

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Horak wrote:
Isn't that exactly what you do? :eyebrow:

There is nothing wrong with ribbons btw. Cool images Unibot.

Except for getting everybody and facing opposition and making sure people know what they're doing and making sure people move on time, yeah.
We do every one of those things.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 pm

A valiant effort, gentlemen.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 pm

SunRawr wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Except for getting everybody and facing opposition and making sure people know what they're doing and making sure people move on time, yeah.
We do every one of those things.

You have more time to get people, you don't face opposition getting into the region and you can share the lead nation, meaning that fighting the opposition is easier. the last two, yeah.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Mahaj wrote:
SunRawr wrote:We do every one of those things.

You have more time to get people, you don't face opposition getting into the region and you can share the lead nation, meaning that fighting the opposition is easier. the last two, yeah.

I'll give you the first and last points, but the second is bs.

Horak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Horak » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Mahaj and Muffins need to sit around the peace pipe and hug it out.

:hug:
Muffins are tasty.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Horak wrote:Mahaj and Muffins need to sit around the peace pipe and hug it out.

Haha i forgot about that name. Mahaj knows i love him, i reminded him this morning.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:22 pm

SunRawr wrote:
Horak wrote:Mahaj and Muffins need to sit around the peace pipe and hug it out.

Haha i forgot about that name. Mahaj knows i love him, i reminded him this morning.

Muffins? rofl.

<3 you rawr.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Unibot II wrote:A valiant effort, gentlemen.

:kiss:

There there. It'll get better.
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Mahaj wrote:
SunRawr wrote:We do every one of those things.

You two want a cookie?

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Mahaj wrote:You have more time to get people, you don't face opposition getting into the region and you can share the lead nation, meaning that fighting the opposition is easier. the last two, yeah.

You two want a cookie?

I find it hard to believe that you have anything sweet to offer.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:23 pm

SunRawr wrote:
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:You two want a cookie?

I find it hard to believe that you have anything sweet to offer.

Well I'd like a cookie.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Mahaj wrote:
SunRawr wrote:I find it hard to believe that you have anything sweet to offer.

Well I'd like a cookie.

I was being sarcastic. There are no cookies. At least not for you.

Tim Tebow of the Broncos
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tim Tebow of the Broncos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 pm

What about me?

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 am

Tim Tebow of the Broncos wrote:What about me?

I'm a Pats fan. So you already got your gift, a reality check.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 am

Try completing a pass first.

Argo Rhos
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Argo Rhos » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Pray.
✯ ✯ ✯ Raider and Proud ✯ ✯ ✯
I'm not a bully. I voted Obama.

Coruscant-
Civilian

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Coruscant- » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Mahaj wrote:

Try completing a pass first.

This...this right here made my day.

Earth22
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth22 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:29 am

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:

I'm a Pats fan. So you already got your gift, a reality check.

Bahahahah, oh my gosh. That was absolutely wonderful.

I love this thread so much more now. :P

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 pm

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of the United Defenders League,

On a high-note of every institution must come somewhat divergent notes to closely follow; I will speak of our successes in the end part of the update, but for now I’d like to discuss the rather turbulent past day this has been for The United Defenders League in regards to its leadership.

Our well wishes to Mallorea and Riva, a former Lieutenant, who has unexpectedly decided to switch to the Black Hawks. We all hope that he gets the enjoyable gaming experience and life-changer to which he has been looking forward. He was a great soldier and a dedicated spotter and I’m glad I had the pleasure to help train him all the way from a WA Author to a seasoned soldier.

Shortly after, for different reasons (real life), Harmoneia, one of our beloved lieutenants decided that she ought to retire from NationStates with real life becoming too demanding. It’s been a really great experience having Harmoneia on our staff; of course she was also my wife in our gameplay “marriage”, so I’m going to miss her dearly, but she was also a really strong and positive force in our ranks. Harmoneia’s job was generally to assist our new players during missions and she did it often with a charming approach from which our newbies always benefited. Of course, Harmoneia’s NationStates career spans way beyond The United Defenders League; she’s served years in Lazarus and Jethnea and in the ADN-Reloaded and the Founderless Regions Alliance of course.

Lastly, yesterday, Spartzerium, our Chief Lieutenant and good friend has confirmed with me that he’s been participating in raids with the Black Hawks for the past month and has enjoy that experience, so he’ll be phasing out his service with the UDL and switching to the Black Hawks over the next three weeks. Spartzerium has worked long and hard with both the United Defenders League and the Founderless Regions Alliance and has contributed a lot, in the latter as I believe the most accomplished spotter and soldier they’ve ever had and in the former, he’s been our quiet friend whose good-heartedness, knowledge and talents has always made him an excellent and reliable second-in-command and I know his presence –however subtle– will be sorely missed. I invite all defenders to honour Spartz’s choice and his long and contributive career as a defender. I know I will be campaigning for Spartz to be honored with “The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending” in the Founderless Regions Alliance’s Sixth Defender Awards and I encourage others who have appreciated all of Spartz’s contributions over the years to come out and vote.

We also will be co-organizing a “Freaky Friday” night, in three weeks’ time, which will entail UDL officers taking a night off to “raid” somewhere (obviously not in a real native target) with Spartz; raiders from across NationStates will be encouraged to take part in the challenge as the “defenders” In the event (spotting, defending etc.). It’s our way of bringing a nice finale to Spartz’s career as a defender; these next few weeks will be a transition of course as we have to get everything in order for Spartz’s switch: being the admin of our forums, the founder of our main headquarters and someone with a quite a bit of knowledge, there’s obviously a lot of things that need to be resolved and it’s my hope that Spartz can enjoy his last little while as a defender and leave with everything in order.

Obviously these events are going to be an impetus for some more promotions to fill the voids; since our organization is expanding, I had already intended to promote several of these individuals for their dedication, expertise and demonstrations of leadership but now is a fine opportunity too: congratulations to Belschaft, Mahaj and St. George on their new appointments to the position of lieutenant in The United Defenders League. Belschaft of course, is the former delegate of the South Pacific and has been a defender and a major contributor to the United Defenders League, The Founderless Regions Alliance and the Eastern Islands of Dharma and he also wrote a draft to commend me. Mahaj, is the founder of the South and a well-known WA Author and has been really dedicating himself to the United Defenders League in these past few months since he’s joined, also he wrote a draft to commend me. Last, but definitely least since he didn’t try to commend me is St. George, our lovely drunk roleplayer/defender/F7er who really has picked up the ropes quickly and is just such a colorful and beloved personality.

Now obviously this update has probably been rather gloomy, which seems rather ironic when otherwise our organization has been doing splendid lately. We had two back-to-back successful liberations against Unknown and Lone Wolves United and the Black Riders and a nifty liberation only a few days before that in the Corporate Profit Alliance against Democratium. We’ve also been conducting a recruitment drive between our members and have seen some very lovely new entries like the NS-Sports legend, creator of NSEconomy and commended genius of Commerce Heights; the beloved F7ers: Nightkill the Emperor, Nude East Ireland and Zeppy ; Former ALL and ADN defender :ninja: and beloved generalite, The Blaatschapen; North Wiedna, Hassett and Alevuss; Maurepas, generalite extraordinaire whose fellow Issue Editors, Luna Amore and Lenyo also have joined; Yelda and Glenn from the WA community and Northrop-Grumman and Wewtlandem have joined us from the roleplay community. I know there are still a lot of members still planning to join us and their memberships are sort of caught up in beaucratic limbo. But nonetheless, I really want to thank these guys and gals for signing up; it’s with volunteers like them that we can keep NationStates safe and free for all native communities.

FINALLY, the conclusion to last update’s survey challenge: The Right to Life Army (RTLA) was voted as the worst raider organization of the past few months (by 21 votes), followed by Awesomespaceland (14 votes) and The Defender Alliance (12 votes). The most active poll in all of the UDL’s embassies was Europeia, so they win their own selection of pro-life t-shirts! Europeia was followed by the Founderless Regions Alliance who will all receive their choice of pro-life keychains. Thanks for everyone who responded!

Oh and our Moment of Zen:
<@Unibot> I need help with the Moment of Zen.
<@Unibot> Anything funny that was said recently?
<+SBI> yeah
<+SBI> "anything funny that was recently"
<@Unibot> Wait...
<@Unibot> You quoted me wrong...

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
Last edited by Unibot II on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 am, edited 7 times in total.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Fratt Armed Forces
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt Armed Forces » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Spartz, you'll be missed.

*salutes*
RRA High Commander

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:42 pm

I'm a Generalite and a RPer, not an F7er!
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'm a Generalite and a RPer, not an F7er!

Ooops. :p

My apologies. *blushes*

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Unibot II wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'm a Generalite and a RPer, not an F7er!

Ooops. :p

My apologies. *blushes*

Edit or die. :p
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Glenn
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Glenn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Glad to be a part of the effort!
Dr. Jessica Blight,
WA Ambassador for the Free Land of Glenn
Glenn's NS Tracker
"Na bean don chat gun lamhainn"

Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Maurepas