NATION

PASSWORD

The United Defenders League

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Demphor
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Demphor wrote:
OK, I was interested in signing the region up as a militia regiment

The UDL does possess a militia, so whichever region members are interested should sign up for the militia.

Ah, I see, thank you for the advice.
Get money out of politics, join Wolf PAC
iiWikiNational Anthem of Demphor
“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
~ John Maynard Keynes

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:56 pm

A Letter from the Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League,

Wow, it’s the end of the year already! Tis’ been a great year for NationStates and NationStates Gameplay; we saw a game-changing coup in the South Pacific that lead to a greater concern for the protection of democracy and freedom of speech there and elsewhere and the creation of our institution in response to the bureaucratic nature of some of the defence that came to the aid of the South Pacific. This year we also saw a re-emergence of blitzkrieg raiding during the early part of the year, which carried into the summer. Raiders were attacking defenceless and smaller targets with greater frequency during update; going thro’ region to region, leaving their tag behind. This preceded a re-emergence of stockpile raiding, where regions are taken with a very small number of raiders (two or three), then non-updaters are moved in to “cushion” their raid’s security – the numbers of which have been ludicrous, at times the infamous raid on the Proletariat Coalition had forty or fifty raiders endorsing the lead, for example. Currently, The Black Riders’ raid of Rome and Europeia’s raid of North Carolina are also using those tactics and that forces us to focus on recruiting and organizing; estimations suggest that if the United Defenders League wants to be a viable force to be reckoned with against these types of raids, it would need to quadruple its membership and thus overshadow almost all of the raider groups combined -- this is what I intend to do and thus the new year will mark a year of expansion. Consider that my new year’s “resolution” to our current problem plaguing the safety of native communities around NationStates.

Some of the ways in which we’re advertising for new members are rather creative; thanks to one very beloved member, we are now advertising using nation mottos which still warms the cockles of my promotional heart. Also, earlier this month, we sponsored a life expectancy calculator for nations which some of you may enjoy. As Yogurt once said in a thick Jewish accent, “Meuuurwwwchandise! Meuuurwwwchandise!” Eventually we’ll actually get recruiting sometime in the New Year. You know the whole “holidays” and “having fun” seems to interfere with mass recruitment programs and the hefty emotional labour thereof – but give it time and I’ll get the staff whipped into shape, don’t you worry!

We’ve had a good week or two of military action; defenses occured all over the place. We stopped the Red Army from conquering “Dictators of the world Unite” (they ‘strategically retreated’) as well as defences in The United Kingdom Alliance, The Federation of Allied Nations, East Pacific, Western Europe, Esperivira. There were also liberations in The Roman Empire of Independent States, Koeln (from these troll-face guys) and there was an exciting liberation of The Crimson Dawn from the Black Hawks and DEN; a very close liberation that was attained with a remarkably close margin. Great work guys!

Anyways this week has been pretty chill, the holidays are starting to set in; I’d like to wish everyone in NationStates has a happy holidays and seasonal lull. I’ve been spending the last day or so sending out holiday messages to our members; for some members I preferred to post on their region’s RMB (to embarrass them) and others I’ve telegrammed them or included it in this update.

And your Moment of Zen is St. George’s drunk understanding of the United Defenders League’s membership:

<@stgeeorgee> Ballotonia|sleep iss cooool. Eluvatar osa mappopoing. Goobergunch is mod and will thus becoe tyrannnnnnnny. Mahaj is 12. spartz is um Unibot must bedn oves Bazlantis|RestingEyes i shero. Carta is hudin in gholgoth. Embolalia is wa. E|study is cooler than iiiii ithought. Grack ids ossomeone Griff is earths biiiiiitcch??????? Jamie is cute n hot n cute. splm is ssamsolm

Happy Holidays from The United Defenders League

May Justice Never Be Abandoned,
Unibot
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 pm

>_>
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm not 12. >_>
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

94 block
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby 94 block » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:50 am

Can I please meet Jamie?
Brigadier General and Director of Foreign Affairs for DEN
Elder of Grand Centraland Root Administrator of http://s15.zetaboards.com/Grand_Central/index/

Spartzerium
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Spartzerium » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 am

94 block wrote:Can I please meet Jamie?

I suppose that could be arranged, but he's gone for a few days, so...
NS Married to Tramiar <3
Father of Rawr, Mall, Jakker, Severisen, and Talisi
I once was a defender...
Former Chief Lieutenant - UDL
Former AC, VC (2 terms), CoDF (2 terms), RRO, General of the Alliance, and more - FRA
Former King, VC, and IA Minister - CoN
Former Vice Commander, Chief of Defense - CoJ

I once was a Forum 7'er...
Founder of The United Church of Reppy
Also started various other random forum games

And I once... had other random info I didn't know where to put...
Originally joined NationStates May 25, 2008.
Formerly known as Spartzerina/New Spartzerina.
Retired Major / Field Marshal - The Black Hawks
TBH Forum - TBH News Thread

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:33 am

URGENT

Stargate has fallen.

Starkindler
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkindler » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:41 am

Stargate has been assimilated by The Black Riders at around 6:00 am GMT. They have 12 endorsements on The Kingdom of Deviot versus 3 endorsements to George Hammond We suspect that Goauld System Lords was behind this. We are able to offer you Starkindler as a puppet state if required, or can agree on other forms of payment.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 am

Casl wrote:URGENT

Stargate has fallen.

Well we'll just have to lib it then.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
Кромартий

Marina and The Diamonds
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marina and The Diamonds » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:45 am

Spartzerium wrote:
94 block wrote:Can I please meet Jamie?

I suppose that could be arranged, but he's gone for a few days, so...

I am back now though :P
~ Lady of Mystery ~
Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads. ~ Erica Jong
Also Known as Jamie Anumia

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 am

Stargate has fallen.

Well aware of it last night. Looks like the Black Riders have put out a call to every raider organization to cushion their lead, this makes it much harder for us to organize a liberation and thus much easier for an incompetent raider to hold the region. But rest assured Casl I'm cutting my holidays short and I'll make sure if there is an opportunity to liberate the region we will capitalize on it. I'm sorry you have to spend at least a portion of your holidays under a regime but until an opportunity emerges or is made, stay classy and keep a cool head -- I've seen many natives deleted after flamebaiting or replying to a flamebait from a raider; I wouldn't want that to happen to you or another Stargate native. A calm but deeply concerned manner will keep you safe from moderator fury and attract more interregional pressure on the raiding world to leave your community alone. Have a good day, Casl and pass this message onto Hammond, thanks.

EDIT: Riders not Hawks. Sowee.
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:07 pm

There's nothing incompetent about the raider lead, Uni. It seems you do more name-calling than defending these days.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:29 pm

unibot never said the raider-lead was incompetent.

Unibot said that just any incompetent raider lead can hold on a region stacked with non-updaters.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Spin it however you want, you know what he was saying as well as I do.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Unibot II wrote:

Stargate has fallen.

Well aware of it last night. Looks like the Black Riders have put out a call to every raider organization to cushion their lead, this makes it much harder for us to organize a liberation and thus much easier for an incompetent raider to hold the region. But rest assured Casl I'm cutting my holidays short and I'll make sure if there is an opportunity to liberate the region we will capitalize on it. I'm sorry you have to spend at least a portion of your holidays under a regime but until an opportunity emerges or is made, stay classy and keep a cool head -- I've seen many natives deleted after flamebaiting or replying to a flamebait from a raider; I wouldn't want that to happen to you or another Stargate native. A calm but deeply concerned manner will keep you safe from moderator fury and attract more interregional pressure on the raiding world to leave your community alone. Have a good day, Casl and pass this message onto Hammond, thanks.

EDIT: Riders not Hawks. Sowee.

i'll quote him and put the words you're talking about in bold

maybe that helps.
Last edited by Riemstagrad on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swift Atalanta
Secretary

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Atalanta » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:25 pm

It makes it difficult for incompetent defenders.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Riemstagrad wrote:

maybe that helps.

I know how to use the bold code too. Doesn't change what he was saying, which is the same thing he is always saying. He likes to belittle raiders to try and make us look stupid. He does it all the time, and your bold tag doesn't change that.
Last edited by SunRawr on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandemicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandemicia » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:25 pm

SunRawr wrote:
Riemstagrad wrote:

maybe that helps.

I know how to use the bold code too. Doesn't change what he was saying, which is the same thing he is always saying. He likes to belittle raiders to try and make us look stupid. He does it all the time, and your bold tag doesn't change that.

As do some of your raider friends, silly. :p
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

ALWAYS Trollin'

Party all night long in the: UDL

Swift Atalanta
Secretary

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Atalanta » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:30 pm

SunRawr wrote:
Riemstagrad wrote:

maybe that helps.

And on a more serious note (for me anyhow), the skill of the person has nothing to do with the difficulty in holding a region. No matter their skill level, having more people will always make things easier. Putting "incompetent" in front is simply a snide remark.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Pandemicia wrote:
SunRawr wrote:I know how to use the bold code too. Doesn't change what he was saying, which is the same thing he is always saying. He likes to belittle raiders to try and make us look stupid. He does it all the time, and your bold tag doesn't change that.

This may be true, but they do not do it with malicious intent :P Like Ms. Swift said, it was a snide remark.

Pandemicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandemicia » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:47 pm

SunRawr wrote:
Pandemicia wrote:

This may be true, but they do not do it with malicious intent :P Like Ms. Swift said, it was a snide remark.

A point.

There I must disagree with you, good sir/ma'dam. I would know, because when I used to raid I would always insult defenders with malicious intent (and glee). XD
Last edited by Pandemicia on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

ALWAYS Trollin'

Party all night long in the: UDL

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Pandemicia wrote:
SunRawr wrote:This may be true, but they do not do it with malicious intent :P Like Ms. Swift said, it was a snide remark.

A point.

There I must disagree with you, good sir/ma'dam. I would know, because when I used to raid I would always insult defenders with malicious intent (and glee). XD

I thought you were talking about some raiders making raiders look stupid >.> In that case, I withdraw my objection to your statement.

Wait, isn't he supposed to be "better" than the raider scum? >.>

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:43 pm

SunRawr wrote:Wait, isn't he supposed to be "better" than the raider scum? >.>

Anybody making this argument ('this argument' being defenders are somehow 'morally' better than raiders) needs to remember this is a game.

I, personally, would do almost anything, short of outright griefing, I'm not TGC, after all, to ensure UDL victories over raiders.
Кромартий

SunRawr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Cromarty wrote:
SunRawr wrote:Wait, isn't he supposed to be "better" than the raider scum? >.>

Anybody making this argument ('this argument' being defenders are somehow 'morally' better than raiders) needs to remember this is a game.

I, personally, would do almost anything, short of outright griefing, I'm not TGC, after all, to ensure UDL victories over raiders.

It was parody, St George. I don't believe that stuff.

EDIT: Actually, I did in the past. I was one of those die-hard "RAIDING IS EVIL AND MUST BE STOPPED!" kind of defenders. It was when I woke up and realized that I was just playing a game that I switched to the side that has more fun.
Last edited by SunRawr on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:15 pm

SunRawr wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Anybody making this argument ('this argument' being defenders are somehow 'morally' better than raiders) needs to remember this is a game.

It was parody, St George. I don't believe that stuff.
Oh I knew that. Was just registering my lol @white knight defenderism :P

EDIT: Actually, I did in the past. I was one of those die-hard "RAIDING IS EVIL AND MUST BE STOPPED!" kind of defenders. It was when I woke up and realized that I was just playing a game that I switched to the side that has more fun.
Eh, i sorta feel being 'neutral' would be more fun if you were part of an org that did shit for the lulz more than anything.
Кромартий

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay