NATION

PASSWORD

[NSNS] When a sinker is born...

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
NS News Service
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

[NSNS] When a sinker is born...

Postby NS News Service » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 am

When a sinker is born

Today we witnessed a most magical happening: the birth of not one, but 2 new sinkers.
The new sinker twins are named Balder and Osiris.

And as with any newly created game region, the battle for the delegacy has begun!

In Balder we see Unibot (Robin Hood) trying to take the spot, while in Osiris we see TITO (Sichuan Pepper) battling some raiders (Kain_The_Dragoon). Who will win? We'll find out in the next update.

It's also, as of yet, unknown if the new regions have the same set up as in Lazarus, or if nations can be ejected from there. Or even if this discussion will spark any changes in the regional controls for Lazarus.

Stay tuned as this story plays and the battle for the baby-sinkers continues!

Mother Lazarus, holding over 6000 nations, is now getting a well-deserved rest. Well done!

UPDATE: Osiris has been taken by TITO's Sichuan Pepper. The battle for Balder still continues, and we expect the race in Osiris not to be quite over yet.

Second UPDATE: UDL has taken Balder and seems to be organising elections and a constitutional convention. Not much is known yet about TITO's plans for Osiris. It does appear that the new sinkers have the ability to eject and ban, unlike mother Lazarus.
Last edited by NS News Service on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 am

For the historical record:

Osiris was founded before Balder. Testlandia was in Warzone Airspace then moved to Osiris then Balder.

The original WFE is

Something stirs...

The first nation born in Osiris is Kanoshii.

The first arrival to Osiris is Revert (as well as first WA nation)

The first delegate of Osiris is Sichuan Pepper

The first nation born in Balder is Indraha.

The first arrival to Balder is Tao

The first delegate of Balder is Robin Hood
It should also be noted that the first adspam in both regions is by Unibot for UDL...
Last edited by Warzone Codger on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Kumbaya
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kumbaya » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:34 am

Somebody's mythological knowledge is apparently a bit spotty: Balder/Baldur didn't manage to return from the dead, despite Odin's efforts towards that end, because his return was contingent on everything that lived weeping for him but one giantess -- widely suspected of being Loki in shapeshifted disguise -- refused to do so...

:ugeek:

Revert
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Revert » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:39 am

Warzone Codger wrote:For the historical record:

Osiris was founded before Balder. Testlandia was in Warzone Airspace then moved to Osiris then Balder.

The original WFE is

Code: Select all
Something stirs...

The first nation born in Osiris is Kanoshii.

The first nation born in Balder is Indraha.

It should also be noted that the first adspam in both regions is by Unibot for UDL...

Don't forget the first nations to immigrate to both:
Osiris: Revert (as well as first WA nation)

Balder: Tao
Last edited by Revert on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:26 am

Will all resurrected nations appear in these two regions? It don't surprise me that fendas want to control these two regions. They are after all full blooded imperialists.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:38 am

Thanks for posting the extra info and facts, guys :)

East Triludia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby East Triludia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:27 am

Osiris is enjoying the TITO invasion force.

Kain_The_Dragoon
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kain_The_Dragoon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:31 am

TITO -- to my knowledge -- isn't endorsing a neutral party, but is using classical invader tactics to take the region. We have already established forums for the region, and we plea for help against this invasion. We have support from the native population, whereas TITO lacks said support and is forcing their WAD upon the region.

Notice: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=sichuan_pepper
Last edited by Kain_The_Dragoon on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cde. Kain T. Dragoon

Zarvarza wrote:I would recommend, that if you want a world where everyone is friendly and informational, then you should invent the game 'hippistates' where everyone gets along,and raiding isn't a mechanic of the game.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 am

Kain_The_Dragoon wrote:TITO -- to my knowledge -- isn't endorsing a neutral party, but is using classical invader tactics to take the region. We have already established forums for the region, and we plea for help against this invasion. We have support from the native population, whereas TITO lacks said support and is forcing their WAD upon the region.

They have always cared for their own WA nations. Their claims that they're restoring the power to the "natives" is pure bs. The new regions clearly demonstrates this, as there is no previous power base to support.
Last edited by Cinistra on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

East Triludia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby East Triludia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 am

Oh yes, this is no a surprise. I really wonder why someone doesn't just found a defender region and raid with it, given how well all of TITO's raids go.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:36 am

:palm:
So a game-created region that's only been around for a day or so already has a "native population" to worry about? This claim from a raider, despite the quite frequent claims from various other raiders (when people have complained that raider actions in various other regions were offensive to the natives there...) that since the introduction of Influence the term 'native' has been meaningless? Can't you folks get together and agree on your terminology?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:04 am

Kain_The_Dragoon wrote:TITO -- to my knowledge -- isn't endorsing a neutral party, but is using classical invader tactics to take the region. We have already established forums for the region, and we plea for help against this invasion. We have support from the native population, whereas TITO lacks said support and is forcing their WAD upon the region.

I find it surprising that TITO supporters are so energetic in their support here but quiet on the RMB, where the best arguments seem to be being made.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Your Mum and Yo Mamma
Secretary

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Your Mum and Yo Mamma » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:08 am

Note that East Triludia and Kain the Dragoon have already contributed massively to the fledging region of Osiris by starting a regional forum! :)

http://s11.zetaboards.com/Osiris/index/

oh and in the interests of transparency, and I am ex-The East Pacific Magister YaM / Your Mum, and for the raider/defender conflict, I stand on the raider side as Face Dancers in TBH. I have served honourably in a feeder's government without my raider ideals intruding, and so I think I'm good enough for Osiris as well.
Last edited by Your Mum and Yo Mamma on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:13 am

I think I effectively summarized it here: @Your Mum and Yo Mamma: Any support is appreciated, this region of course has a world census report, where you can clearly see the eight native nations, after which Kain and others joined, only to be invaded by TITO, either for an empire grab or some kind of trophy.

Edit: If the natives are forced to vacate the premises and move to a new region: http://www.nationstates.net/region=new_osiris
Last edited by New Rogernomics on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Solidarity forever..."

Augustus Este
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Este » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 am

Interesting...

Sadly, it will probably be difficult for communities to emerge in these regions, what ever their purpose, simply because of outside interference as it is a tempting target for raiders.

Perhaps these will serve the same purpose as Lazarus? Their names hint at it, as I believe both were gods from mythology, one having to do with death, and the other according to a website I found, being someone who came back from the dead.
Last edited by Augustus Este on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:53 am

Also from: "The Yoctosecond of Revert

4 minutes ago

Well, I was going to blow it up, but I guess I can wait.

A word on natives: being a native has to be about more than simply being in some region first, it should also be about being invested in the development and sustaining of a community. I'd caution the TITO representitives to consider this. If they're here solely to stop Kain from becoming delegate, then they are doing this region a disservice."
"Solidarity forever..."

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:57 am

How in Max's name does a fenda raid a region before I do? I suppose you can argue about whether it's a raid, coup, power grab, or whatnot, but it's no defense operation. Sure, raiders're involved. But a raider does not a raid make.
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Revert
Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby Revert » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:00 am

I think if TITO were concerned about any 'native' population, they'd have endorsed a neutral WA, of which there are a few.

Given the silence of everyone but SP, it seems like their motivations lie elsewhere.

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:03 am

I've heard it suggested and would not be wholly surprised if their goal is some sort of colonization. Doesn't seem very XKIish to me and I personally doubt that in the end it'll be worth it to them, but I guess we'll see, won't we.
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:10 am

My personal view is that they might try a "Devonitians done right". Hold power for a limited term to establish a democratic process etc.

Done right is of course subjective, a lot of people said Devonitians/Sedge done it wrong. ;)
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Revert
Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby Revert » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:16 am

It's a brand new region, which was begin to form regional government. We didn't need a silent blitz to come and rescue us, because there is nothing for us to be rescued from.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:19 am

Warzone Codger wrote:My personal view is that they might try a "Devonitians done right". Hold power for a limited term to establish a democratic process etc.

Done right is of course subjective, a lot of people said Devonitians/Sedge done it wrong. ;)

@Codger: Yes, which would mean TITO would have to leave, and since Kain has been invited to stay by Revert, as I understand it, TITO has no grounds to be here. If free and fair elections were allowed here, then that would be the case, given the chance of what TITO perceives as 'raider influence' it naturally opposes free and fair elections. I am not a raider either, though I could at least justify my presence here under grounds of regional patriotism in this case, and secondly due to some kind of sympathy for the actual natives of this region.
^I said this earlier on the RMB, it won't be a democratic process. :eyebrow:
"Solidarity forever..."

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 am

That said, the raiders are kinda annoying me cause every turn they want to rant about TITO. Even when I try to make other conversation, they instead turn back to talk about TITO. :roll:

I really believe for the regions own sake and for 'outside' observers, the best option is for everyone to just ignore rt and concentrate on developing own regional activities...

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 am

Augustus Este wrote:Perhaps these will serve the same purpose as Lazarus? Their names hint at it, as I believe both were gods from mythology, one having to do with death, and the other according to a website I found, being someone who came back from the dead.

Considering that refounded nations have already appeared in these regions, I'd say that's a safe bet.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:24 am

Warzone Codger wrote:That said, the raiders are kinda annoying me cause every turn they want to rant about TITO. Even when I try to make other conversation, they instead turn back to talk about TITO. :roll:

I really believe for the regions own sake and for 'outside' observers, the best option is for everyone to just ignore rt and concentrate on developing own regional activities...

Which is kinda what was happening till TITO invaded, it might be a Pyrrhic victory for TITO in some form or another however.
"Solidarity forever..."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay