NATION

PASSWORD

Earth II [ARCHIVE THREAD #1]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Urbov and I worked out a demise of Gliskor.

• April 15, 2011: [Gliskor, Layarteb] Layartebian Black Operations Forces clandestinely insert into western Iran to observe and destroy various Islamic fundamentalist groups that have arisen.
  • April 16, 2011: [Gliskor, Layarteb] Layartebian BOF assault a warehouse belonging to the Allah's Brigade for Jihad (ABJ) in Ghareh Bagh, Iran.
  • May 10, 2011: [Gliskor, Layarteb] Layartebian security personnel at Incirlik Air Force Base begin surveillance of a Persian military team deployed as part of the Empire of Layarteb's effort against fundamentalist groups in western Iran.
  • May 21, 2011: [Gliskor, Layarteb] Layartebian SOF assault the ABJ main headquarters in Salmas during a nighttime raid. One Layartebian is killed but intelligence is recovered suggesting the formation of a super fundamentalist group. All ABJ members are killed and the organization is considered defunct.
  • May 22, 2011: [Gliskor, Layarteb] Layartebian security personnel at Incirlik arrest the Persian military liaison team in connection with the various terrorist groups.
  • June 9, 2011: [Gliskor] The super fundamentalist group identified by Layartebian forces in late May announces a Fatwa against most of the world. The group is named Al-Shams.
  • June 14, 2011: [Gliskor] Persian forces declare victory over fundamentalist groups in western Iran and the military campaign officially ends.
  • July 2011: [Gliskor, Urbov] Late in the month, Persian and Russian forces trade shots in several minor border skirmishes on the Azerbaijani-Iranian border.
  • August 1, 2011: [Gliskor] President Khudhur officially sacks the lead generals of the Persian military citing the border skirmishes as unapproved actions. In doing so, he reshuffles the military.
  • August 3, 2011: [Gliskor] Sacked generals lead a coup against President Khudhur. The fighting is intense but lasts only several hours and by the end of the day, President Khudhur is captured. General Amjad Haji Saoshyant assumes control over the country and appoints Lieutenant General Bashar as his second in command. He appoints Major General Omar Abdullah to overall command of military operations. In doing so, he promotes Bashar to general and Abdullah to Lieutenant General.
  • August 9, 2011: [Gliskor] President Khudhur is put on trial for corruption and high treason.
  • August 11, 2011: [Gliskor] A kangaroo court finds President Khudhur guilty and sentences him to death. He is executed on public television that evening by hanging.
  • August 12, 2011: [Gliskor, Layarteb] General Saoshyant resigns from the military and appoints himself President of Persia. He immediately severs all diplomatic relations with the Empire of Layarteb citing their military involvement in western Iran as unapproved and an act of war against the Persian people. In doing so, he also denounces the Russians and blames them for all border skirmishes claiming that Russian forces attacked Persian forces first.
  • August 20, 2011: [Gliskor] Secretly, President Saoshyant forms an alliance with Al-Shams and provides them with safe haven to operate training camps and provides them with equipment from the Persian military that is obsolete and due to be replaced. In doing so, Al-Shams quietly opens up cells and facilities in Iran.
  • August 29, 2011: [Gliskor, Layarteb] After significant diplomatic pressure, Persia and the Empire of Layarteb resume diplomatic relations.

This is what we are posting so far. The rest will come in a thread.
Last edited by Layarteb on Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:28 pm

• Pain Without a Cure
    • Thread Owner: Layarteb & Urbov
    • Classification: War
    • Synopsis: The Islamic Federation of Persia has undergone a catastrophic collapse thanks to a military coup. Immediate tensions between both the Empire and Russia ultimately lead into an apocalyptic end of days for the Persians.
    • Miscellaneous Notes: Participate in this thread, please.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Edvardus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Edvardus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Working on what is turning out to be a lengthy response to the Conference thread. Done with Day 3, about 75% done with Day 4.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:41 am

Edvardus wrote:Working on what is turning out to be a lengthy response to the Conference thread. Done with Day 3, about 75% done with Day 4.

Very cool Ed!
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

RomeW
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby RomeW » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Layarteb wrote:RAYS ARE IN!
BRAVES ARE OUT!
SOX ARE OUT!

OH MY GOD WHAT A GREAT END TO THE SEASON!

BEST LOSS BY THE YANKEES EVER!

That was the single greatest day of regular season baseball ever...and I watched every game. :) The playoffs are so far just as compelling...only one series that's not a 1-1 series (the Brewers kicking the Diamondbacks', er, rattle). This may be one the best seasons we've had in a while.
“ 'Altruism' is the cynic's favourite word- because it represents a goal no one will ever reach.”- Author Unknown
Check out more of my stories

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Yet TBH I still can't get into it this year. I watched maybe half a dozen Yankee games this year and not one did I watch from start to finish.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:37 am

Worlds' most boring sermon y/y?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/It ... 66548.html

RomeW I hope Earf2 Catholic Church isn't this boring man... shhessshhh!!
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

United States of Brink
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brink » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:56 am

Phils need to pull it out. Brew Crew is the team to beat.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:10 pm

United States of Brink wrote:Phils need to pull it out. Brew Crew is the team to beat.

Tigers vs. Brews maybe?

Go Tigers.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

URBOV
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Layarteb wrote:
Go Tigers.

This.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Burnett is pitching tonight so Yankees will lose to the Tigers 3 games to 1. I have to say that despite their record I don't for one second believe that the Yankees were all that impressive this year. Up until they decided to pull a Mets and give up last year [because in early September, the Yankees were washed out, had we not played the Twins we wouldn't have gotten past the ALDS] the Yankees were on pace for a record number of wins. This year they've been mediocre, at best.

Since the Tigers are my #5 team, I have to root for them when they beat the Yankees.

#1 - Yankees
#2 - Mets
#3 - Any team playing the Boston Red Sox
#4 - Dodgers [NYC needs them back]
#5 - Tigers
#29 - Braves

There is no #30 since I only respect 29 out of the 30 teams in baseball. The 30th shall not be named.
Last edited by Layarteb on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:44 am

Holy cow Burnett didn't destroy the game! That was a welcomed news story in the morning.

On top of that as the saying goes, "The Grandyman can!" Dude is effing unstoppable.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 pm

New post to come soon, FINALLY.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Application for Membership

• Nation Name: The Gusteau Confederacy
  • Demonym: Gustan
  • Capital: Clarisan
  • Independence or Founding Date: July 15, 2011
  • Population: 31,321,354
  • Official Language(s): French, English
  • Government Type: Theocracy
  • Head of State: Pope Jacques Marque V
  • Head of Government: Pope Jacques Marque V
  • Official Religion: The Church of Gusteau
  • Largest Religion: The Church of Gusteau
  • Constitution: Yes
  • Economy Type: Mixed
  • Currency: Gussa (G)
  • Summer Time: Yes
  • Time Zone(s): +1
  • Calling Code: +43
  • Internet TLD: .gus
  • Maritime Boundary (nm): 9 nautical miles
  • Military Size: .7% (219,249)
  • Special Weapons
    • Chemical: N/A
    • Biological: N/A
    • Radiological: N/A
    • Nuclear: Nuclear-tipped cruise missiles
  • Examples of Previous RPs
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: I was invited, but I also look forward to joining an active RPing community which encompasses a type of RP that I enjoy: Earth roleplaying. I look forward to hopefully becoming an influential member of Earth II in both IC and OOC.
  • Real-Life Age: 17
  • Fluency in English: Very fluent.
  • Land(s) Claiming:
      France (Upper Normandy, Rhône-Alpes [Savoie], Rhône-Alpes [Loire], Rhône-Alpes [Isère], Alsace, Burgundy, Champagne - Ardenne, Corsica, Rhône-Alpes [Drôme], Rhône-Alpes [Ain], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Var], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Hautes Alpes], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Alpes Maritimes], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Alpes De Haute Provence], Picardy, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Lorraine, Île-de-France, Franche-Comté
  • History
    • September 29 10, 2011: [Minnysota]
      n a bloodless, peaceful coup, the Lorranian Republic is toppled after just months of governing the provinces it originally united. In its place, the leaders of the coup, the heads of the Church of Gusteau, formed a theocracy that was created as a place to practice Gusteaunism freely.
    • September 30, 2011: [Minnysota]
      The Gusteau Confederacy, a coalition of states that answer to the representatives of Gusta (the divine being of the Church of Gustea), declares sovereignty over much of Western France to the international community.

• October 5, 2011: [Minnysota]
      The First Council of Gustea meets to discuss the threat of Mount Kip to the West. After a vote among the bishops, they choose to seek international support and to take the defensive in any war at the start.
[/box]
Last edited by Minnysota on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Minnysota wrote:

• Head of State: Pope Jacques Bordeaux IV
  • Head of Government: Pope Jacques Bordeaux IV
  • Special Weapons
  • Reason why you want to join Earth II?: I was invited, but I also look forward to joining an active RPing community which encompasses a type of RP that I enjoy: Earth roleplaying. I look forward to hopefully becoming an influential member of Earth II in both IC and OOC.
  • Land(s) Claiming:
      France (Upper Normandy, Rhône-Alpes [Savoie], Rhône-Alpes [Loire], Rhône-Alpes [Isère], Alsace, Burgundy, Champagne - Ardenne, Corsica, Rhône-Alpes [Drôme], Rhône-Alpes [Ain], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Var], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Hautes Alpes], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Alpes Maritimes], Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur [Alpes De Haute Provence], Picardy, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Lorraine, Île-de-France, Franche-Comté
  • History
    • July 15, 2011: [Gusteau Confederacy]
      July 10, 2011: In a bloodless, peaceful coup, the Lorranian Republic is toppled after just months of governing the provinces it originally united. In its place, the leaders of the coup, the heads of the Church of Gusteau, formed a theocracy that was created as a place to practice Gusteaunism freely.
      July 15, 2011: The Gusteau Confederacy, a coalition of states that answer to the representatives of Gusta (the divine being of the Church of Gustea), declares sovereignty over much of Western France to the international community.
      July 21, 2011: The Gusteau Council seeks to expand its territories to increase international influence and to expand the boundaries for the Church of Gusteau. The highest on the list of desired territories are the remaining territories of France.

Accepted for much glory.

Welcome Minn, engage Intro thread!

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:04 pm

So Sunday I jogged & walked a total of 3 km in 1/2 hour for the first time in 11 years. I jogged 1.2 km out of that and my best was an initial 500m run without stopping. This evening I went 4.35 km with an initial ~800m run without stopping and I jogged a total of 2.8 km out of that much for 45 minutes. I keep this up and eventually I'll half no issues jogging 1-1/2 mi [2,400m] in < 14 min.

Go me!

Now I'm going to go collapse of sheer exhaustion lol...
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Lay, I shall come to New York and together we will complete the New York Marathon.
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Abruzi wrote:Lay, I shall come to New York and together we will complete the New York Marathon.

You must be out of your strangefetishcottonpickingcopperstealing mind.
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Mount Kip
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Kip » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:08 pm

URBOV wrote:
Minnysota wrote:

• Head of State: Pope Jacques Bordeaux IV
  • Head of Government: Pope Jacques Bordeaux IV
  • Special Weapons
  • Land(s) Claiming:
  • History
    • July 15, 2011: [Gusteau Confederacy]
      July 10, 2011: In a bloodless, peaceful coup, the Lorranian Republic is toppled after just months of governing the provinces it originally united. In its place, the leaders of the coup, the heads of the Church of Gusteau, formed a theocracy that was created as a place to practice Gusteaunism freely.
      July 15, 2011: The Gusteau Confederacy, a coalition of states that answer to the representatives of Gusta (the divine being of the Church of Gustea), declares sovereignty over much of Western France to the international community.
      July 21, 2011: The Gusteau Council seeks to expand its territories to increase international influence and to expand the boundaries for the Church of Gusteau. The highest on the list of desired territories are the remaining territories of France.

Accepted for much glory.

Welcome Minn, engage Intro thread!

I hope you don't have some gigantic plans for your intro because I wanted to let you know the Parisian Republic is not going to be friendly...
La République Parisienne
Président Paul Maginot
₱1.00 = $1.79
"Dieu Avec Nous"

|Earth II|Factbook|
Economic Left/Right: 7.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.00
One Big Ass Mistake America

URBOV
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby URBOV » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:39 pm

/me mutters something about Gazprom and controlling energy and fuel...

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm not going to war until my next intro post is completed. But still, lulululululululululul.
Last edited by Minnysota on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Minnysota wrote:I'm not going to war until my next intro post is completed. But still, lulululululululululul.

Did you post your intro yet? I don't see any links for it and please fix up the history format from what I mentioned on IRC. You have some coding errors and instead of your 'given name' please put your 'username' in the bracket ([ ]).

Thanks
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •

Mount Kip
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Kip » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Ile-de-France needs to be partitioned because technically Paris is still my capital.
La République Parisienne
Président Paul Maginot
₱1.00 = $1.79
"Dieu Avec Nous"

|Earth II|Factbook|
Economic Left/Right: 7.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.00
One Big Ass Mistake America

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Mount Kip wrote:Ile-de-France needs to be partitioned because technically Paris is still my capital.

It was accepted under my claims so it is technically my capital.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=144257

^My intro, by the way.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads