NATION

PASSWORD

The Native Story Index [Open; All Techs]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zypra
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zypra » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 am

[ Mature ]

The City of Death (MT)

"I'll get back right at you, I'll punch your face more this time!"

Fawkes apparently did not give a fuck. Punch? That was nothing compared to what ran through his head.

"Pfft, punch me. What a fucker."

Hearing this, Roy turned around and confronted the crutch-ridden Fawkes. He had just escalated hostility, and he continued to ignore his conscience to let it go.

"What did you say?" came the curt reply, prompting Roy to give him a slight push from his hand.

"I said you're a fucker, did you not hear my voice booming through your fucking ears?"

"Are you called me a fucker?"

"Fuck yeah I am. Punch me, sure. Then what?"

Of course, the only response was a slow swing of the fist, to which Fawkes dodged fortunately. He did not, however, heed further warning from Roy as another fist punched into his stomach, leaving Fawkes with his back onto the ground. The rush of adrenaline filled him instantly. Fawkes grabbed one of this crutches and swept Roy off his feet, where both men almost simultaneously rose up for another confrontation, Fawkes being the slower due to his bad right leg. Roy approached closer towards Fawkes as the entire canteen succumbed into silence, eager to see who would win the fight.

Mimicking Fawkes' swing of the crutch, Roy kicked him in the right leg, expecting a fall, but was totally surprised as Fawkes did not even stumble, who swiftly used his crutches for stabilization. Fawkes released his crutches for his next counterattack, hopped on his left leg briefly towards Roy and grabbed the back of his hair, masking the pain left by Roy's kick to his leg. He swiftly and vigorously clutched the head of Roy, smashing his face onto the first canteen table that was ridden with hot soup, followed by the second table which had plates filled with chicken and mashed potatoes. His final strike proved to incapacitate Roy in a quick blow to the head by slamming him onto the notice board. He was knocked out cold, rendered incapable to fight, leaving Fawkes to emerge as victor. Others were astonished to see Fawkes, a smaller teenager with a broken leg, dominate over someone twice his size and strength, and perfectly capable of knocking him out. The battle between David and Goliath was over.

Blood flowed down from his nose as he stood on his left leg, bruised and broken. Fawkes approached towards Roy's lifeless body and squat down to his ear.

"Come close to me again, and I'll fucking cut you open, rape your loved ones, and piss in the cavity of your dead body."

The memories Fawkes had experienced as he went through high school were still omnipresent after that fateful day. No longer would he regard himself as a weaker person to bully upon, but a formidable foe when it came to conflict. Of course, now he had to leave that behind, and focus on the life ahead of him. He pondered on what happened to Roy after high school, running scenarios in his head over and over again. He probably had end up as a slacker, or better, even dead after all this time.

Crouching behind a wall whilst fixing his gaze over the ruins ahead of him, he scanned the buildings for any possible signs of life. Nothing. He signaled the rest of his peers to rendezvous with him. Faye and Sam ran with their heads down low and quickly slid into cover, each surrounding Fawkes on both sides. Faye rested her AK-47 rifle onto her lap, who also had a steady gaze over the buildings ahead of them. Sam did not really pay close attention to his surroundings as he was busy addressing to the cuts and bruises on his leg. After what seemed like an eternity, both of them shifted their heads towards Fawkes, who laid motionless.

"What now?" asked Faye, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Fawkes?"

"Yeah yeah. Sorry. I was a bit preoccupied here."

"Occupied with what? You've been staring at the same space for more than a few minutes!" hissed Faye.

"Nothing.. Alright, so anyway.."

"We either take the apartments on the left, the open field in the center or the short walls on the right." interrupted Sam.

"Right, so.."

"If we take the left, we'll be in tight situation; out in the open means we'll be vulnerable targets to snipers and probably hit a minefield, and.." interrupted Faye this time.

"Taking the right means we'll need to have our heads down low most of them time." finished Sam.

"Will you stop interrupting me for one fucking second? Jesus, you guys are worst that my parents."

"It's obvious we are your parents, right Sam?" laughed Faye, who spat out her gum.

Sam nodded his head in laughter, before turning dead serious as he quickly responded to the faint sound of gunfire in the distance. An awkward silence preceded over them as they paid close attention to the sharp, yet ever so distant bursts of bullets piercing the air. The cease in gunfire for the past ten minutes were to be interrupted again, possibly dragging on for hours.

"That sounds like it's coming from the west." added Fawkes.

A few shouts in the air from the apartments, followed by the distinct sound of caterpillar tracks rumbling closer, prompted the three to go for the low walls on the right. Sam panted away as he carelessly dropped some of his ammunition cartridges, but there was no time to go back and pick it up, as the sound of a tank rumbling became more louder and closer with each footstep they made. Suddenly, muzzle flares lit up the building on their left as they could hear some ricocheting onto the tank. Apparently there was life inside the apartments, and since they opened fire onto the tank, it meant hostiles.

The sleeping giant awoke, bringing down the entire complex with just a few shells. The roar of the building crashing down muffled the screams and cries of it's residents who took refuge, which finally became silent once the apartment razed itself into the ground. They could hear nothing more but the rumbling of the tank and the distant gunfire closing in on them. They were the resistance fighters of Port Gibson, and they were up against an enemy far beyond what they have imagined. Fortunately, they are on the right side to begin with.

"I feel bad for the people in there." giggled Faye.

The trio laughed, appearing to be insensitive to the loss of life and the tragedy that had unfolded before their eyes, for it has been part of their day to day lives for more than a year.
Last edited by Zypra on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Deus-
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Giving Blood----[Mature]

“Hey faggot…” A loud, gruff voice echoed out from directly behind me. Of course it was directed at me, I was the only other person on the sidewalk. I turned around, wiping off my ink black hair and squinting with my one, good eye – the other one was swollen and black. Comes with the life, I suppose. The man was tall, and bulky, tattoos lining his bare arms, his shirt flamboyantly graphic, his shorts and boots tracked with mud. He had no hair though and his eyes were light blue, perhaps pointing back to a gentler time.

He took hold of my and pushed me into an alley. I had no idea what I had done, but I wasn’t afraid. He spat on me twice, and kicked me in the gut after throwing me to the ground. “Fight back, faggot!” He yelled at me, and kicked me more. I didn’t say anything; I didn’t acknowledge his existence enough to care. I’ve always been abused or looked down on. I’m a scrawny kid, only about 5’5 and skinny as can be. This man looked like a fighter though, like all he ever did was fight and…and war. I ignored him as best I could as he rolled me on my back and began to track mud on my light tan shirt with his boots, scraping the mud onto it.

“I told you faggot, fight back! We don’t want your bullshit kind here, eh.” I just lay there. All I had done was walk in this particular city district. I had committed no crime, no harsh injustice. I hadn’t even spoke to a soul, unless required to. He stomped his feet atop of me, and spit in my face once again. He was eroding away at my spirit; I could feel the anger and hate boiling in me. The pain. The suffering. But for what? What had I done to deserve this?

He cracked his knuckles, picking me up by my collar and slammed me against the wall. “Eh, you sure are pale for your kind. Why don’t yea’ fight back, faggot? Hehe, stupid pussy; shouldn’t have come ‘ere.” I was pale; I couldn’t help the way I look. I couldn’t be as sun burnt red as he was – my attacker.

He punched me in the face, the ‘wall’ that kept my hate back seemingly cracking a bit. He punched again, and again and again, each time the ‘wall’ cracking even more. My face was a bloody mess, spurts of blood dripping from my nose and my previously good eye bleeding profusely. I couldn’t see anything but black through that eye. He hit me once again in the face, and this time I made a noise, I flinched and make a sound. I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t. I wanted to fight back, but the hate only commanded me to wait. I wanted to run, but my legs were overtaken with pain.

He kneed me in the stomach, and I slumped to the ground, defeated, and beaten. I could barely hear him now, but I heard him laugh and chuckle as he spit on my hair once again. He unzipped his pants and began to urinate on me, his gargles of speech incoherent as my ears were in blistering pain from his attacks. My head ached and all I wanted to do was die. He zipped his pants back up and walked off now, still talking, still basking in his victory as I lay there beaten, nearly dead and enraged.

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:04 pm

[ MT ]

[ Mature ]

Price of Fascism.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You Arabic fuck!, If i catch you out here again il fucking kill you!" That was the words that came out of the Police officer's mouth that Abir could hear from being beaten with baton's and spit on, He coughed and cried as the officer stood over him hitting him over and over with the wooden black nightstick.

Abir was Muslim and had not been properly admitted into Arabia, The city camp for all Muslims because of UWO's Segregation Act of 2002 with made all Muslims have to live in Arabia and leave there current lives.

Abir stood up bloody and broken, He heard the police car screech out of the area, he limped down the sidewalk passing a few Bystanders with Swastika Armbands looking at him with disgust, He always wondered "Do they have souls?, Do they not care about other human beings" those were the questions he always was botherd by.

Abir as he walked by one of the people, a rather tall white male wearing a blue jacket with a Swastika arm band and wearing Khaki army pants tripped Abir on the ground as the others rushed Abir and punched and kicked him, Abir didnt care anymore, He wanted to die and wanted to be reunited with Allah and the virgins.

A siren wailed in the distance as the sounds of the people beating him stopped as the wailing grew lounder and lounder and the sound of a door slamming shut, He knew he would be reunited soon. A cock of a pistol and then the cold feeling in his body.

The officer pointed the gun at Abir's temple and without remorse or regret fired, Abir now laid face first on the sidewalk with a bullet in his temple, He was shot by the same cop who beat him up earlier.

Vlack Sturm
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlack Sturm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:06 pm

[Mature]

The Path is Difficult Alone (MT)

This is going to be like going to Agnostic Hell... if there is such a place, I thought to myself as the minute hand reached 5:39 PM. I had gotten home from the dreaded Catholic school of Bishop Slade Catholic High School, thank God they don't have nuns and military drilling as in other private and public schools. In public school, a kid could wear what they want, but they had to pay attention to what was being said. They drilled with rifles and were shouted at by the teachers; mostly retired military personnel. I didn't really mind the military, as seeing as I was born to two Naval Captains.

Anyway, I just stared at the clock waiting for my ride out to the "Peace, Unity, and Friendship Ranch"... It wasn't really a ranch, more like a location for religious retreats. I had been invited by several friends of mine; a person I barely knew was taking me to the retreat. Eh, oh well. I'm relatively open to most peoples' opinions, but I would not accept the Catholic faith... Because in middle school (7th grade to be exact) I was made fun of; I'm not the coolest guy anyone's met. I even contemplated suicide.

I was a member of the Catholic Church from birth to 7th grade, then didn't really care about religion or the Faith. This was all running through my mind when I realized it was nearing six o'clock, but my ride wasn't here yet. So I picked up my cell phone and texted my close friend saying, "dude, wat if they forgot bout me?"

He texted back, "dont worry, bro... theyll be there."

I was still waiting, I'm pretty impatient... GOD! I want this to be over, now and not put up with this!!! Then finally my ride arrived, and a very (almost angelic) beautiful girl stepped out of the passenger door. Her father also hopped out, but from the driver's side of the car. My dad, Chris Allen, greeted the other father. I simply put my bags in the front, afraid to acknowledge the girl's presence... I would soon change my mindset by the end of the night. She was very beautiful, but I wished not to love anyone. So I just said, "Hello."

She got in the back seat. And I sat in the front passenger seat as her father slipped into the driver's seat. We talked for the entire thirty minute drive, and I tried to forget my school and a girl that goes to my school. The girl that went to my school (and that I was trying to put out of my head) was beautiful and if I had known that she would be there, i would never have gone.

Anyway, we arrived Chesapeake County, at the ranch. We greeted our Youth Group friends; such as Tyler Fellowes, Marc Escobar, Jack Nash, Ashley Vaccarella, Aaron Hostetter (our youth group minister), Angel Rapp, Andrew Rapp, and others we knew. That's when I saw the girl who went to my school, I just adverted my gaze. Most of the dudes I knew were already set for the night, but Jack, Andrew, and me were not. So we were guided to the males' cabin by a guy who went by "John." We walked in the pitch black night to the cabin and we found an empty room. Andrew, Jack, and I conveniently picked the top bunks and put our stuff on those particular beds.

We caught a ride by one of the John's pals and another adult. We arrived back at the main building to have a shake-down of the rules. Top rule was what they called the "purple rule." See the boys in this case were red and the girls were blue and mixing of those colors would be bad. Also we couldn't smoke nor drink (awesome, don't do drugs and I definitely don't drink). Also there was no swearing; uh oh, not able to do that (and surprisingly I didn't swear... SWEET!) We were also told to have an open mind, I could do that.

The guy who was giving us the rules was named Josh Dart, at first I thought, Aw heck naw. I'm going to hate this aren't I? I actually thought the guy was slightly crazy, but I'm crazy too, soooo whatever. I just sat against a pillar with "Scotland Rising" hoodie, my eyes moving from one person to another; studying them; I could assume most of them were either there for false reasons or for true reasons. I continued to study them when the adults came up with an activity; to see who was motivated to get dollar and to see who they should watch for the weekend; everyone was amused at a guy named 'Alexon' did anything to to get the dollar. So I guess that made him motivated and should be watched.

Then it was time to split into groups, the adults got up and said, "Now, everyone... Time for groups." I groaned in agony and pain as I thought with horror of how these people would see me as, an Agnostic Stratocrat. The guy who had given the rules, had gotten up again and began the names: Kyle Illy, Sean Dusek, William Melhuish (I scowled when they pronounced my name wrong), Sebastian Munson, and Diego Rivera. We were put in a room next to the meeting room, and we begun by saying our names, birthday school name, favorite color, and finely favorite hobby/activity. Within two minutes it was down to me to speak, aw crap, so I said the truth, "Will Melhuish;Birthday, January 14; School, Catholic High; favorite colors, black, gray, and red; and favorite activity/hobby, writing stories." I found out that Kyle Illy had the same birthday as me.

After, introductions we talked about Jesus and our relationship with him. Everyone said they were trying to get closer to God and His Son... except me. After fifteen minutes of discussing we re-assembled in the meeting room, where they said we would be going outside for a huge fire they made.
Last edited by Vlack Sturm on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Federation of Burzia
Pardes

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Where are you?

It was dark in the street. A tall, slim woman dressed in black stood directly under the only streetlight, nothing in her hands besides an envelope. She wore sunglasses. She wore a suit which was rather nicely made and adorned in only a single, silver cross. There were few houses, save for the one she was right in front of which was a large, colourful estate. The woman had a glum, sullen look on her face. It twitched and moved about as she took in a breath and moved towards the estate. She was nervous, the twitches, heavy breathe and sweating in the middle of winter gave it away. It was almost as if she was whispering for someone to come and save her from whatever monster lurked inside this home.

She stepped off of the street and onto the sidewalk, stopping briefly to calm her nerves. She was jittery, and the sunglasses only masked the emotion in her eyes to a point. Her subtle body movements all pointed to fear though. Fear and perhaps anger, even sadness or nervous excitement. She cleared her throat, and continued on her way. The small glimpses of her eyes showed that she was thinking, scanning over some thought or situation or something of the sort. Something was on her mind.

The sun began to come up slowly behind her. It was six o’clock, as she could tell by the hands on her watch. And these people were obviously either Christians or Christmas celebrators as the estate she was approaching was colourful – as in, adorned with decorations. She seemed to be taking her time, stopping every so often to take a breath, take in the scenery or think something through. It was December Twenty-Seventh, not Christmas yet, but near enough for people to enjoy this time with their family and friends.

The woman was nearly their now, her teeth clenched down tightly on her lip, the jitters growing, her thoughts racing, her heart pounding. She looked for any excuse to stop and turn around. The front lawn was a standard lawn in December, with decorations, and snow and even a big tree that the family had apparently named ‘Issac’ by carving it into the tree. There was a snowman that was rather crudely done, decorated with flowers and hearts – the work of young girls no doubt, and a boy as evident by the reproduction military combat helmet atop the snowman’s head.

The woman was in fear now, as she was only a few feet away from the door. There was something tapped to the door, a small, tattered picture drawn with crayon of stick figure people holding hands as children like to do. The picture showed two girls, and an older boy holding hands and holding the hand of a mother-figure on the far right. On the far left, however, were a plane and a man, large, dressed in brown and green, or perhaps camouflage as he appeared to be walking home.

However, in the time that it had taken her to inspect the picture, it had taken her to walk straight up to the door without noticing it. She swallowed and took a deep breath, clamping onto the envelope as her eyes glued towards the door. She knocked on it twice, the sound of heavy yet swift running echoing out from inside the house. Two faces appeared on the windows next to the door, a small girl around five on the left and another about seven on the right. She heard heavier footsteps still, a pair of them, slower though, as it appeared to be the mother and the brother perhaps. The door creaked open, a woman behind it, her face blank and disappointed, as if she was expecting someone else.

The woman dressed in black bit her lip and began to stutter. She tried to speak, but she couldn’t. The children simply clambered around their mother, waiting for this ‘guest’ to speak – even the son, who was around ten or eleven. The woman in black tried to speak, lifting up the envelope rather slowly, prodding it towards the mother. And then it began to dawn on the other woman, the mother, as her skin went pale and her expression forming into one of sadness. She began to wail and scream, the children in shock, the woman in black keeping her composure ever so slightly.

“No! NO!” The mother cried out, snatching the envelope from the woman in black’s hand, clutching it tightly as if it were some life giving object. The two girls didn’t understand, only frowning up and trying to figure it out. The son only kept a blank, sullen look, breathing heavily as he simply turned around and disappeared into the house, the sound of destruction erupting from inside once he was gown. The mother wailed and thrashed around while the woman in black only put her head down.

The mother continued to cry, now slumped on the ground, the daughters still confused but catching on rather quickly as one of them, the seven year old to be exact, walked towards the woman in black and grabbed onto her suit, looking up at the woman who also had small droplets of tears in her eyes. The little girl was pale and calmed, as if unmoved by the news. She tugged on the woman’s suit and slowly asked “Where is my dad? When is he coming back?”

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:48 pm

[ PMT/FT ]

The Day and The Mouse
#Two

Six o’clock AM. Just arrived after three hour walk, good night’s rest and prepared. Nigel is in the apartment, should be safe when I get back.

I stood there, calm, hardly moving, my gaze fixated on the large, black building in front of me. It was a three hour walk here, mostly because I needed to get accustomed to the area, to this city of Nai’Than. I was amused and surprised that they had already moved their building here and hidden it amongst the other city buildings. It was an enormous tower, ink blank with no windows – thus, more like a huge, black block of nothing besides a small, white door. Of course, only I and others like me or them could see it, so to anyone else it simply looked like I was gazing at an old apartment, probably reminiscing over good times or so crap.

I covered my mouth and coughed violently, wiping my face off once the fit was over. I started to walk then, my suit pants irritating my legs. I had to come in uniform this time – black suit, white dress shirt, optional tie and dress shoes. Very nice clothing, just not what I liked to wear. I marched through and stopped at the door, knocking on it and then placing my hands behind my back, holding them. There was nothing at first, just silence and the bustle of the city behind me. Yet soon the door creaked open, only the pale, white skin of the greeters face, his solid black eye catching mine.

“Quid dormit in medio?” He asked me slowly and creepily, his voice hoarse and rough. It crept me out just a bit, but I hid it well enough, I suppose.

I looked around like I was juggling the answer, as was customary before looking back into his cold, seemingly dead eyes. I finally replied back “Akuma wa ma~tsu tada-chū ni nemuru.”

At first there was only more silence, before the door slowly creaked fully open, the door greeter staring down at me in his own, full-body ink black cloak. His skin was bleach white as if he was blood-less and his eyes were ‘empty’. He groaned and moved out of my way, allowing me to step into the building. I stepped past him and heard him shut the door behind me, but I wasn’t worried about that. I looked around to see a fairly standard looking office block lobby, with rows of chairs to my left and right, the door behind me and the receptionist desk, elevator and stairways in front of me.

I walked slowly towards the desk, uneasy but hiding that fact well enough as I walked. It was only last night that I pondered over coming here and killing everyone. I came to a stop in front of the desk, leaning on it and eyeing up the receptionist, a tiny little man with a bald head. He looked up to me, nodded and pointed behind him to the left, to one of the elevators. “They want you on the fifth floor, Dzień. Better hurry.”

I nodded and walked off into that direction, practically slamming my thumb forcefully against the elevator button. I only had to wait for a few moments before it pinged and opened up and I stepped inside, again slamming my thumb on the fifth floor button. I don’t know why I kept slamming my thumb, but it was hurting anything for the moment. I couldn’t help but feel a bit sick in my stomach. They usually never had anything for me unless…unless it was something big. I sighed and dug my hands into my pocket; staring dead ahead before walking out of the elevator as soon as the door pinged open.

I looked around to see nothing but doors and hallways, unsure where to go or what to do. It clicked inside my mind suddenly as I blinked as fast as any other person, only to end up in a completely other room. This room was large and square, practically empty besides a desk, a large window encompassing the while wall behind the desk and three chairs in front of the desk. It had white walls, a small ceiling fan and wooden plank floors. The sun light from the window eased the feeling in my gut, albeit only briefly as I blinked again, to be greeted by two people, one of which I knew as ‘Boss’ and the other that I had no real clue of.

I feigned a smile, and walked towards the desk, plopping myself down on the furthest chair to the right. Boss was behind the desk, sitting down, staring at me and this other man next to me. I couldn’t read him very well or even track and predict his movements without straining.

Must have upgraded since I was last here.

The other man next to me was tall, and somewhat lanky. He wore a suit like I did, but he also wore a tie that was rather casually worn – most likely in an attempt to look cool or what not, which only ended up annoying me. I’m assuming he was around 6'3 and 148 lbs., about four inches taller than myself, and about ten pounds lighter. I had no idea what his face or head looked like – it was covered by a gas mask, a GP-5 gas mask to be exact, except this one had a nozzle attached to it, with said nozzle seemingly attached to…his back.

Eh, freak.

I looked at Boss and nodded, the old man standing to his feet now and turning to face the window. “Dzień, glad to see you. I heard you didn’t much like your new arrangements, but…we’ll try and get that worked out for you. I can’t run this business efficiently with you bitching on me, can I?”

Stupid old man.

“Yeah, right, whatever. What do you want? I got a call and…”

“And, I have a job for you; obviously that’s why you’re here.” I really don’t like Boss, I’d much rather be getting jobs the usual way – Wake up, eat cereal, watch TV, go out, check the mail around noon and get an envelope. I had to actually wake up early for these type of jobs and they’re usually the highest paying – and more dangerous. The man to my side kept quiet as I twiddled my thumb and let this old man speak; I wasn’t much paying attention anyway and he of course knew this because he was the Boss. “Dzień, let me just cut to the chase. This job is top priority, class-1. You’ll be paid an excess of around five thousand dollars now and three million after-.”

He stopped, turning around to face me now and placing himself back on his chair. “You’ll be operating on your own. No support. The mission parameters are here, in Nai’Than. This is a rescue job-.”

“Whoa, hold on for about a moment. A ‘rescue job’? I don’t do rescue jobs…Well, actually…three million is a lot. Nevermind, go on.”

He stopped, and gave me an angered glare before shifting gaze to the man next to me and then back to me. “Er, right. This is Abruzi; he’ll be your partner for this job. He’s new …”

Oh god. I know where this is going

“…So I want you to evaluate him. From his recommendation, he’s extremely talented.” The man, this…Abruzi, looked at me, nodding to me slowly before turning back around and staring at the old man.

“Eh, so who’s the target and who’s the client?” I perked up just a bit, scratching my head as I expected to hear him say some big shot corporation owner or some crap like that.

The man took in a heavy breath and spoke. “I’m the client. And you’ll be looking for my daughter.”

Damn. :\

Heliocalypse
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Heliocalypse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 am

[ Fantasy ]

Old Memories

Sometimes...what forgotten better left forgotten...

#One

A lone Magi sat within a misty enclave of a small hut. With sunlight tracing the terrain, it was a peaceful day with tunes of birds chirping can be heard across the placcid atmosphere. Accompanying the lone Magi, is three of small humanoid, named as Ariela, Cryle and Reda. Whirls of magical energies slithered the atmosphere, not choking nor suffocating, but instead it's a calm tone, tone of serenity. And the owner of such exquisite form of energy is no other than the Magi that stands braven directly in the middle of the thicket. The Magi's hut is no more basic, a stone wall and a simple wooden roof but vast expanse of old books marks the Magi's domain which floated on the whim of the Magi.

Holding a rustic book, the Magi asked the three of them with one simple question, “What is the basis of all magics, Ariela, Cryle and Reda?”

“Is it pure power?” answered Reda as he single-handedly lifted a trove of large books with his left hand. Reda walked peacefully as colours of brown marks his hair and a set of flaming red irises serve as his eyes.

“No, Reda.” calmed the Magi as the trove of books held by Reda slowly returned to their places, shuffling to and fro amidst the air and into the waiting cabinets.

Seeing the shuffling books, Cryle's green eyes glittered amongst her blond hair and she replied to the Magi's light action, “Then, unfathomable intelligence I might add?”

“Not even, my dear Cryle.”
answered the Magi while more books lying on the floor started to set afloat by the Magi's power.

Ariela, the smallest of the trio rolled over the ground while innocently smiled, “An indomitable will, Magi?”

“Neither, the basis of all magics, is simply belief. With belief, comes will, intelligence and power.” looked the Magi to the trio while smiling lightly. The trio, saw Magi stretched out hands and the sudden thump of air which had caused most of the lying books on the ground to shuffle themselves in their respective subjects.

“Why is that, Magi? Ariele wants to know!” asked the brown eyed Ariele as her flowing black hair tattered to her sudden risen movement.

Heard of Ariele's short inquiry, the trio in resonance asked the Magi, “Yes, we three want to know!”

The Magi, heard of their harmonious voices decided to expand a few tones of melody, “Let me sing a song then. Ha-hum-ha-him, From chalice of Ca-”

One lone High Priest noticed, that someone or something is currently using the Divination Crystal as he can feel the intense rosy tint of subtle yet harmonious magical energy slithering the misty enclave. An entity which is a genius it must be, as the priest had never felt the same energy sequence no more than the enclave from the grandest expanse of Tiria Continent. Jet black tint flowed from the simple ceiling, to the pillars and into the obsidian dark floor of the enclave. It's not fancy nor royal but a simplistic enclave which darkness set alight by occasional orbs of fire, stacked gracefully in periodically placed holders.

Wearing a face of expectation while coloured grey with his heavy ceremonial robe, the priest noticed a lone soul currently stands near the crystal and figured out that the entity is no more than a wizard, and not of incomprehensible sly beasts that lurk across Tiria. The crystal floated gently above its archaic frame, indicative that it's currently active.

“What do you divine of, Wizard?” asked the priest as he witnessed crimson waves of magical energies rippling through the air from the entity's hand like appendages and into the waiting crystal.

A pair of gloves it is, as the entity declared itself as a wizard, as it answered politely while emanating no malice nor deception, “No, just trawling my old memories. It seems that something is or was off, sigh.”

“Think no more, Wizard. You will only hurt yourself knowing. Certain things are best left forgotten.” stared the priest slightly at the proclaimed wizard while continuing to analyze the new entity.

The entity replied shortly after cutting the magic link to the crystal, “Oh really?”

“Yes, and the Grand Sage had beseeched His new revelation. Time to alight on current affairs, Wizard.” answered the priest as he is adamant that the entity is indeed a real wizard, untainted by the ravenous chaos that lurk across Tiria's large plains.

The wizard quickly kneeled, “I, the King Wizard of Reda Kingdom shall carry out your orders then.”

“Such humility, a noble cause. Arise and shall you go then. May the Regallion of Cryle bestow protection upon thee.” gazed the priest lightly to the wizard and yet slightly startled that His Highness himself would dare to descend upon such enclave. Truly a honour it was as the priest quickly moved his vision away from the wizard.

For the wizard named Reda, of what he met is no ordinary priest but one of the twelve Sanctioned Praetors that held close to the Grand Sage. Acknowledged of the priest's inherent power, he kneeled automatically although it's not customary for a King to kneel towards Sanctioned Praetors. A tone of humility and respect it was, that drove King Reda to kneel but his action was intercepted by the priest, as the priest unwilling to let a King to kneel upon his mere presence. And thus went King Reda upon the uncertain future as the priest advised him to depart swiftly in accordance of the Grand Sage's recent action.
Last edited by Heliocalypse on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Forged from Weapons, United by Diplomacy
A FT nation. I r electron D:<

Misc Links : - Dangerous Species Index[FT] Dangerous Species Index[FT] Application Thread Shields & Swords of Principality
RPs : - The Arrival (Intro) , Trouble In Paradise
<Vernii>Helio how does your nation even work, lol
<Vernii>seems like its full of crazies

So much true. A dash of insanity, a puff of recklessness with a tinge hint of zesty lime flavor my nation.
The State of the Galaxy

-Deus-
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:28 pm

The Gas

Thii sat quietly, his hands gently clasped atop his lap, his eyes set forward, his short, blonde hair neatly brushed and combed with his face dirty from the mud and grim of the training fields, yet still possessing a ‘clean shine’ to them. It had already been six years since he had arrived here with the Kythan, the boy excelling in his studies more and more with each passing day it seemed. Today, as he sat in his room, staring at the wall, the moon brightly lit outside, easily seen from his window, he thought. His room was small and square, empty besides a desk, a cabinet, the bed and a tiny closet. He was of course assigned to the top bunk, and it was long past time to sleep, but still the boy sat and stared at the wall, his insomnia, his fear, keeping him awake this night.

He was afraid of the full moon, he always had been. He just never understood what he was afraid of. He twitched slightly as his dark grey tunic and pants scrapped against his skin, the itchy fabric something he hated yet never spoke out against – he was already learning the path of cold, he assumed he might as well always practice. He was a natural at the path even though he was a member of the volatile Casar Clan. He kept his gaze fixated on that one wall, his mind blank, and his other senses going crazy. He could feel the itching fabric, the tiny beads of sweat trickle down his forehead and cool him off. He could hear Inu sleeping below him, the girl talking in her cryptic language as she dreamt of something. He could tell she was scared to.

And then he smelt something. Something that raised his interest.

He leapt from his bunk, landing softly on his feet and extended left arm and palm. He kept as quiet as he could, his feet being tickled by the black dust that immediately covered the soles. He kept in the laugh, standing up straight and staring at his partner, taking in every quick detail he could about her before turning away. He took in a breath, walking as slowly as he could towards the door, ready to explore this scent. The sweat continued to build up on his forehead, rolling down his face and falling through the air, falling with a tiny splat on the ground.

“Yūjin-Thii…”

The boy groaned and swiftly turned to the eight year old girl who was now wide awake, standing and staring him in the face. Her eyes always shocked Thii a little bit, the solid white-colour giving her an unnatural look. Her bleach white hair and light grey skin gave her an odd look as well. Thii knew she wasn’t human. Yet they shared the same mark – the dark red forehead tattoo given to them by the Kythan that forever linked them together.

He nodded in her direction, and slowly opened the door, creeping out of it as Inu followed. The corridors of this Kythan enclave were dark, only light by candle-light which only encompassed a small area. Still, Thii and Inu knew this place well enough for them to easily navigate through the corridors, Thii in the lead for only he knew where the smell originated. Of course it was dangerous to roam the halls at night, when curfew had already been instilled, but if they were supposed to have been caught, they would have already. Must have been fate at work or even perhaps luck; either way, they didn’t care.

They weaved from corridor to corridor, silent and dead-set on their ‘mission’ just as they had been taught. Thii walked swiftly, yet quietly, moving as if he knew exactly where he was going, even as he began to lead them further underground. Inu was afraid, Thii could tell – he could hear her breath loudly as they went further underground, the darkness all around them closing in as the candle light became more and more frequent. She even clamped on his arm more than once when the fear was more then she could handle. He had never known her to be like this, to be afraid. He had always known her to be calm and collected, never…never frantic and frightened like any other girl afraid of the dark – or perhaps, it was something else.

Thii suddenly stopped, standing up perfectly straight in front of a door. They must have been far underground because some of the corridor was still unsmoothed rock. Inu stopped behind him, holding onto his arm tightly, her eyes glaring ahead of her at the door. “You smell that? Smells like a dying animal. I could smell it in our room.”

He looked down at her and nodded, knowing he wouldn’t get a reply of any kind. He knew she could smell it by the way her nose twitched, so he only had to move forward as he crept towards the tall, iron door. He placed his hand on the handle, opening it up slowly, unleashing a torrent of horrible scents. He flinched and twitched as he pushed through into the room, Inu right behind him as always. He looked around and inspected the room, interested by the assortment of jars, vials, barrels and other such canisters. He sniffed around the small room, everything blending into one horrible smell.

Only one stood out.

He crept towards the canister that held the smell. It was small, barely the size of his hand or even his finger, yet it smelt like multiple dead animals all left out to rot in the sun. “Yūjin-Thii…Don’t.” The girl spoke up, staring at him, seemingly pleading with him not to open the canister. She knew what it was, he was sure of it. He knew enough that if she was telling him to stop, then it must have been dangerous. Yet his curiosity got the better of him as he opened the canister, a thick, light purple cloud of gas spreading around his body and area. The boy fell to the ground, his partner far enough to be spared the effects of this gas. She didn’t run off, she didn’t speak or attempt to help. She simply stood, and stared, letting the boy experience it for himself.

Physically, he was fine, the boy alive and well, as healthy as you would expect. But inside, in his mind, he was in pain. The gas would only be in effect for thirty minutes, but already the boy was going through pain that felt like an hour. He imagined being caught, of being dragged out to the training fields and tied to a post, the birds coming to feast on his body as punishment for disrupting this gas. It felt as real as the birds flocked over him, purposely attracted to his body and made to attack him, piercing him with their talons, forcing him through unbearable pain. He cried and yelled out as the other students only watched, even Inu, the sight of her only watching, seemingly taking joy in his suffering, hurting the boy further as he grasped for breath and even to die.

The birds tore at his flesh, his chest nearly bare and open as the poked at his muscles and even openly exposed organs. He couldn’t die. He cried and cried, even his tears putting him in pain as it burned any part of his face that hadn’t already been ripped to shreds by the attacking birds. It seemed to go on for hours, even days as the birds just kept stripping flesh off his bones bit by bit. The crowds eventually left, but Inu remained, watching him as the earth and sky slowly turned into black, horrible smelling stone. He closed his eyes and screamed, thrashing around once he opened his eyes back up to the scene he was previously in – of the foul smelling room, the little canister to his side, Inu right in front of him now, staring down at him and offering her hand to him.

The boy was sweating profusely, his nose bleeding and his eyes wide. He grabbed at his body and face, reassuring himself that he was indeed okay. That all he had experienced was only a trick, a hallucination. He gasped and sucked in air, breaking into tears of neither pain nor happiness. Inu saw this, fell to her feet and hugged the boy, holding him tightly. “Yūjin-Thii…you’ll be okay. You’ll be alright.”

Oh how he loved this girl, his tears still flowing down his face freely, wetting the ground. He heard footsteps in the distance, heavy and slow – the headmaster. The old, lumbering man appeared behind both children, only a calm gaze on his face as he looked down. “That gas is dangerous, Thii. You should listen to Inu and be glad she was here to keep you alive. Now…shape up and go to bed you two. There is work to be done in the morning.”

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Pain Is All One Feels...

[ PT ]

[ Mature ]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Pain Is All One Feels...Understand that boy or bad things will happen, and you'll never learn" Said Joshua Wills as he marched down a road with several other men in orange jumpsuits labeled "JUDEN" three Armed gaurds escorted them all wearing black buttoned shirts with black rough khaki type pants and steel toed black boots and a red beret.

The soliders were armed with Mauser rifles and MP40s, the year was 1939 and the Jewish Resolution Act had officaly been approved by the Fuhrer and would be put into action, as Joshua and the others approached a train station where more men and women and children wearing Orange jumpsuits were all waiting for the train to arrive to transport them to Hell as most who lived called it.

The train's horn wailed in the distance as the sound scared most on the inside because most knew once they were on the train they would never see there families or anyone for good. Joshua glanced at the train as it arrived in the station and screeched to a stop and released smoke from its exhaust tube.

Twelve more armed gaurds exited the trian after slideing open three large wooden doors, One of the gaurds who wore a brown overcoat with a black and red army vest and was wearing a black beret, The man blew his whistle as the men pushed and shoved every last Man,Women and child inside the train as they slid the doors closed, Joshua knew he wouldent see soicety for a long time.

The train passed through the dense country side complete with its forests and plains that had several small farmhouses and towns, Joshua sat inside the train in the far corner next to a very skinny male who was shaking and looked cold.

"Hey, are you alright ?" Joshua said to the man who turned his head and had a scared more horrified look like he saw a ghost then he studdered and replied in a scared manner.

"I- I- Im, Fine...Pl- Please they're gonna kill us- kill us all, end my li- life now please..." He said in a horrifed tone as he passed Joshua a kitchen knife that had dried blood on it

"Umm..." Joshua had nothing to say he was too shocked to even reply, he pushed the knife away and turned away from the horrifed man and shook his head and closed his eyes to sleep.

"When Will The Suffering End.."

A loud bang woke Joshua to his feet, one of the gaurds shot off his Walther P38 Lugger into the air, The screams of women and cries of children were rampant as the several gaurds yelled and shoved the people out of the train which had stopped inside a fortified prison like area, The outside where they stepped into was a large concreate courtyard with armed observation towers and metal doors and buildings

The gaurds then orderd them into three rows, they all rushed to make it and Joshua was on the second row and made it, A man tripped and fell before making it, One of the gaurds walked up to him and helped him up suddenly the same gaurd unslung his Mauser and shot the man in the back three times, He layed there on the ground in a pool of blood.

"Attention Jewish Filth!, Welcome to Camp Outswitz, the current place you will be living till you all die from labor or..we decide to brutaly murder you" The man said standing outside one of the observation towers

"Now we have rules here that will be followed perfectly, and if they are not followed as we say then you will be shot, " Said the man who paced on the balcony type railing as he continued his speech.

"Escape? and you will be shot...Try to revolt...You will be shot,...Slip up once?...You will be shot" He said as he rested his arms agaisnt the railing and continued as the gaurds next to him stood there

"Alright, now you will all report to your bunks and stay there" Said the man as he blew the whistle and the gaurds pushed and shoved them into there barracks and locked the Metal hatch doors.

Too Be Continued...

Garimidia
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Garimidia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:39 am

[ MT ]

The Blue

I found myself standing out on the deck with a glass of juice at about 2 or 3 am in the summer, everyone else asleep. Nothing but me and the vast openness of the city and neighborhood in front of me, the lights of the place illuminated against an expansive and impeccable backdrop of darkness.

I don't know what it was, the slight breeze wrapping around my shirt, the peacefulness of the night. It was a place of memories. What really got me was the tinge of blueness that the sky offered, the slight silhouette of buildings against the nothingness that was the sky. The brilliant, shining 2am moon positioned above me. Why the hell was I here, I don't know. All I knew is that I could not stop looking.

A place of memories. Flashbacks to my childhood; the many hours spent with friends in this backyard. The stories shared, the laughs had, the indestructible moments of fun. Now here I was, leaning on the deck fence, glass carelessly over the edge. The fact that I could hear nothing but the faint whim of cars and beeps in the distance and that very faint ringing noise your ears produce in complete silence overwhelmed me with emotion, the source of which I do not understand.

Everyone was asleep; my brothers bedroom was dark, the curtains drawn. Neighbors on all sides in the world of sleep, lights off, curtains drawn. The only sign of life was the slow movement and flicker of cars in the distance, traveling up and down a road I had been up and down many times myself, but yet was so suddenly intrigued with. The small flicker of a plane gliding slowly up in the sky that was still tinged blue. It was just me and the world; the morning was in it's infancy.

By now I was almost in tears. Honestly, I'm not a person - far from it actually - who would succumb to emotion over scenery, a picture or a painting, or a sad story on a TV show. But there was just something so incredibly overwhelming about standing alone on the deck, the ambient low-key light everywhere, small movements of civilization and the moon shining hugely above me. The silhouette of buildings, trees, life. Faint hums of cars, lights twinkling. There was something goddamn magical about this early morning.
[align=center]Federative Republic of Garimidia
Conquered by Liberty, United in Strength

Storm Gard
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Storm Gard » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:22 am

Replay

[ FT ]

Henry woke up from what seemed to be a standing sleep, his hand pressed against one of the odd red squares he'd seen throughout the town. The sensation of meddling fingers groping through his brain was stronger than ever, and he jerked away instantly, nursing his fingers as though they'd been bitten.
He'd never slept standing up. He hadn't thought it possible.

There had been times, during the last stages of his wife's illness, when he'd fallen asleep while standing. He'd always woken up in a puddle on the floor, or tucked into one of the ward beds by one of the nurses. Susan had been bedridden, and the illness had taken any strength she could have used to shift Henry - sometimes, even to shift her teacup. The nurses, always kind, had helped her when Henry wasn't there.

Nurses. Henry restrained a shudder, and told himself to move.

This place - he'd named it the Labyrinth, and wondered what Minotaur lay at the centre, and rather suspected he knew - was full of twists and turns and odd ladders. The map he'd made, scribbling on the backs of abandoned messages from the insane, only made sense when considered piecemeal - taken as a whole, it nearly physically hurt when he tried to resolve it. He thought, however, that he knew which way to go. A ladder in a corner looked promising, insofar as anything was promising in whatever hell the previously idyllic town had become. What the new ladder promised was a new place with new monsters, new strangeness, and new horror.

We must go through bitter water in order to reach the sweet, Henry steeled himself. He wondered what sweet water warranted this kind of bitterness, but for Henry Cutter, the question was idiocy with an instant response. Susan.

He gripped the top rung of the ladder, and climbed down. He moved more slowly, perhaps, than he would have under normal circumstances.
When his feet touched down in sewer water - of course - he pulled open his jacket to grab at his handgun, and in doing so exposed the speaker of his pocket radio to open air. It was hissing and shrieking static that didn't echo against the walls at all.
Henry stared at it with a sick sort of surprise.

He then took a tighter hold of his handgun, checked to make sure it was loaded, and preceded cautiously through the sewer tunnels until he saw a dark shape ahead of him. Henry carefully leveled his handgun - his aim was improving, he knew that much, and wondered if he should thank the town for that, or perhaps he should thank Susan - and fired off four shots.

The monster turned around, and Henry' flashlight reflected off tall red almost-metal, and a too-long spear at its side. It was the Labyrinth's Minotaur after all.
Henry fired again, in quick, panicked succession, and emptied the gun's clip. The Minotaur – Shamseal, Henry thought, that was the name the monster had given itself at his first meeting with it - was totally unfazed. It didn't even bother to walk fast as it approached, lifting its spear as if it had all the time there was. Yet Henry didn't think to run, staring at Shamseal with terror and a detached fascination and an empty gun.

Shamseal raised its spear and stabbed forward, and Henry felt every pain he had ever known scream open in his belly. He died quickly - Shamseal was massively strong - but his last thought was strangely detached. He thought that his blood soaking into the countless other blood spatters on Shamseal's clothing looked almost good. Right, somehow.
Henry woke up, leaning against a pillar, both arms around himself, shielding his belly. The sensation of meddling fingers groping through his brain was stronger than ever, and he jerked away from the pillar as though he'd been bitten. There was a red square on the pillar; Henry saw, one of the odd symbols he'd seen throughout the town. The back of his head must have been touching it. Henry restrained a shudder, and told himself to move.

Studying his senseless map of this senseless place with his pocket flashlight, Henry worked out the ladder he had to go down. Looking at it, he felt mild trepidation, but forced himself to move anyway. We must walk through bitterness to reach sweetness, he told himself, wondering if he was remembering that right.

At the bottom, his boots squelched with rank sewer water - of course - and he pulled the radio from his inside pocket to listen for a warning. It was hissing and shrieking static that didn't echo off the walls at all.

Henry stared at it, feeling sick.

He cast the beam of his flashlight around the sewer passages, in front, behind, even right next to him. In the claustrophobia-inspiring tunnels, if a monster had been right next to him, he would be dead.

There were no monsters, but coming around the soft bend of the tunnels, the water was rippling, a harbinger. A harbinger of what, Henry didn't really want to know.

It came around the corner anyway, lanky, the massive geometry of its head marking it instantly. It was walking quickly, raising the spear at its side, and Henry immediately broke into a run. He didn't even consider the ladders, or the door. His one thought was to get away, and to do so as quickly and simply as he could.

The thought was so all-consuming that it even blocked out Henry' knowledge that these sewers went in a circle.

Shamseal was waiting for him, and as he stumbled towards it, it raised its spear and simply allowed Henry to impale himself on it.

Looking into that not-metal, Henry had an odd sensation of victory, and then he died.
Henry woke up, sitting, with his back against a pillar. He wondered why he had slept, for a moment, and then noticed the sensation of meddling fingers in his brain, stronger than ever. Instinctively, he looked up, and saw one of the odd square symbols on the pillar, and jerked away as though he had been bitten.

One of the old kings of England had been impaled on an iron stake, Henry' brain reminded him, for no reason he could think of. What had his crime been?

Even though he didn't remember falling asleep, Henry found that he didn't even need his nonsense map to know which ladder to follow. One of the ladders was at the same time perfect and terrible. Henry restrained a shudder and told himself to move. Bitterness comes before sweetness, he thought. What was that meant to mean?

Before he even reached the bottom of the ladder, he reached into his jacket and pulled out his pocket radio. It was hissing and shrieking static that didn't echo off the walls at all.

Henry stared at it with a sick certainty.

Then he dropped into the water, grabbed his shotgun from the ersatz sling he'd made for it, and moved into the sewers. When he saw movement, he fired all six shells from the shotgun, which didn't seem to slow the monster down at all.

As Henry brought the butt of the shotgun down hard onto Shamseal, and Shamseal stabbed upwards into Henry, but both of them were totally silent.

Henry woke up, lying against something, holding it protectively in his arms. Susan, he thought fuzzily, though it may have been Maria. But then the meddling fingers groped through his brain, stronger than ever, and he jerked away as though the mere thought of a woman other than his wife had physically bitten him.

It was a pillar - just a pillar, with one of the odd red squares stuck to it.

The square is Susan, Henry thought before he could stop himself. Susan's fingers, meddling, groping through his brain. Henry restrained a shudder, and told himself to move.

He looked at the ladder, and the ladder was the ladder, the only possible ladder. There was no ladder so right and no ladder so wrong. A thought flashed through Henry mind unbidden - Bitterness is sweetness - and he grabbed hold of the ladder, descending.

There was no need for the radio. His mind was hissing and shrieking static that didn't echo off the walls at all.

The sewers were as familiar as his home, as Susan's hospital. He walked fast, splashing through sewer water, reached a door, wrenched it open. The thumping
sound of the fan filled the room, filled Henry' body. Shamseal Henry thought. His room.

There were any number of things scattered around the room, but Henry only cared for one of them, lying on a blood-spattered table to his right. The knife. His knife.

An absurdly brilliant, absurdly simple thought was drifting through Henry' mind with the force of a revelation. He would kill Shamseal with his own weapon.
He grabbed the knife - it was heavier than it should have been - and dragged it towards the door, striking sparks along the ground. When he opened it, the monstrous form of Shamseal was waiting outside, spear in hand. That much, Henry had expected.

He ran towards the monster, through the rank water, completely silent. Both hands raised the great knife over his right shoulder, slashed it down across the torso of Shamseal. It felt like he had pulled every muscle in his body - his torso was a line of pain. Shamseal seemed almost curious, and definitely unhurt, as he raised his spear and thrust it through Henry.

Misty Day, Remains Of The Judgment, thought Henry, dying.

Henry woke up by the pillar. He went down the ladder and ran and died.

Henry woke up by the pillar. He went down the ladder and hid and died.

Henry woke up by the pillar. He went down the ladder and knelt and died. (We offer you blood to atone for our sins.)

Henry woke up by the pillar. He stared at a red square, and his mind screamed and screamed, and he did not know why.

And the Watcher savored man’s despair.

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:16 pm

For the Emperor!

FT

He was a Guardsman, it was his duty. The notion that this confused battle was his proper place, the notion that he could and would do anything other than shit himself and die, that was the foundation of his sense of duty. Unfortunately for him and his men, that notion was mostly false. It had been fine and good during training, he had shown himself to be a competent Platoon Leader and had even graduated from the Scholam at the top of his class. The first engagement, the battle against the green skins on Icarus VI, that too had been a decent performance. Fighting the Green Tide was simple, load your gun and shoot until either they’re all dead or you are.

Hell the armored action his unit had been pushed into on Noctis Prime was easy enough. Ride in the Chimera until you were close enough to spit on the enemy, then jump out and stab the rebels on the end of your Remiel Pattern Lasgun. This fight here though, this blasted city fight on some shit world called Nis III, this was hell on earth. Rebels, that’s who they were fighting. Traitors who had turned their backs upon the Gods of Humanity and the Imperium. Traitors who it was rumored had some kind of Astartes.

He was a religious man. He knew his mythology well, particularly the mythology of the Tears of Darkness. He knew very well that they had come into the domain of the Emperor by the favor of the Gods. He knew that there were whispers of some other galaxy or dimension or something that contained an entirely different universe.

One of the Mocnih had told him of it once. He said that there was a corpse on a throne that a different Imperium hailed as a god, yet this god did nothing to defend his chosen sons. The Mocnih had softly laughed, a strange sound that was entirely unbecoming of an Astartes as he told him of this realm, a profound laugh that spoke of hatred yet also a sense of loss or mourning. He had told of a place where Astartes were ruled by the laws of fragile mortals, a place where a man had no past, no future, and no hope.

Here, in the ruins of Nis III, there was no hope. He had come to accept that all he and his Platoon could do would be to fight until destroyed as a unit, fight until the Gods granted them rest. Nervous fingers ran over his battered lasgun, the charge and slightly depleted and his rear sight was coated in a fine spray of dust. The howl of a low flying attack craft forced him to duck and as the high caliber explosive rounds rolled over his position in the rubble, the vox operator called out,

“Lieutenant Blanc, what are your orders? “

The Lt. tilted his head slightly, hearing and vision were greatly disrupted by the volley they had just taken and for a moment he had no idea what the man had said. When Blanc could understand low gothic again though, he immediately shouted in reply.

“Have Squads A and B push ahead and secure a foothold near the Munitorium Depot!”

The vox operator knelt over his set and screamed into the vox horn. All around him the men of the Platoon Command Squad fired upon their unseen attackers in the windows and shattered doorways of the hive. The bright crimson streaks of lasfire intermingled with the unseen but not unheard solid rounds that pummeled their position. The Platoon was spread thinly between several strongpoints on an unnamed roadway that ran across the Imperial Forces’ advance. To either side of them was the other untold dozens of Strazari Units, fighting and dieing in their own hells.

A roar that was louder than the small arms and distant explosions drifted over the battlefield. The Lt. had been on Totoalis, he had been on Iskrander, he knew the sound of drop pods and for a brief moment he allowed himself to feel a small measure of hope. They had come. From and through the fires of the void war above, the Astartes had come. The first of the pods he saw was majestic, ornately stylized in a way that no other drop pod he has seen was. Unlike the utilitarian grey of the Tears of Darkness, this one was bright red and orange. It slammed into the ground fifty meters ahead of the Lt.’s position, the bolts holding in the mighty warriors exploding outwards in a spray of molten metal.

The hulking warriors within emerged with an inhuman roar, towering over the traitors who rallied around their pod. Instead of brutally butchering the heretics, the Astartes instead turned and charged towards the Lt.’s position! This was not right! The men on either side of the Lt. died, bolter rounds popping them like over inflated balloons. He rose to run, emptying his bowels and shaming himself even as he ran away. Then, like Tears from the Darkness, they came.

The first simply stepped from the shadows of a burning hive block and opened fire, his heavy bolter bucking. The high caliber shells whizzed by Blanc’s head to impact or ricochet off of the armor of the first of the traitor Astartes, slowly cracking the warrior open. The second dropped from the sky with a howl of fury, duel chain blades growling. With an eager roar he dived into the enemy and began to reap a bloody tally with his vibrating weapons. The third simply walked out of the ruins and began to fire selective shots from his bolter, killing five men with as many rounds. The final one was the most fearsome however, with a bestial roar he jumped from the burning hive’s roof and soared to the ground upon wings that had grown from his back. A great glowing axe was cradled in his claw like hand and his exposed skin was blood red.

The squad of Loyalists clashed with the traitors, killing the rebel mortals almost as an after thought. Astartes batteled Astartes, and in the confusion Blanc could not tell who had the upper hand. The Mocnih that as gifted by the Gods quite clearly killed one of the traitors, cleaving his head in two with his pulsing axe. Meanwhile one of the traitors stabbed a Loyalist in the throat with his combat blade and pumped five bolt rounds into his chest plate. The Lt. himself nearly became a casualty when one of the traitors hurled a fragmentation grenade into the little hole the man had thrown himself. The Mocnih with the heavy bolter however had saved him by scooping it and a handful of gravel up and heaving it into the distance.

Astartes versus Astartes combat is always savage, superhuman warriors rarely fought any other way. The combat that the Lt. witnessed though was worse than simple Astartes on Astartes, but Battle Brother on Battle Brother. One by one the traitors were cut down, the subtle mutations or simple ruthlessness of the Mocnih taking it’s toll. Finally only one Heretical Marine still stood, broken and bloody, surrounded by the four Mocnih. As one the Mocnih removed their helms (save the mutated wing guy). The battered Heretic did the same, showing a face that was scared and pock marked as the armor he wore.

“Brother Captain, it is good to see you.”

The Astartes with wings said. In response the Heretic spit upon the broken pavement and replied,

“Damn you to hell Heretic!”

The winged Marine laughed and remarked,

“Brother Cicero, you are the Heretic here. You follow that Corpse that saw our Chapter cast from our home universe.”

Shaking his head, the battered Astartes roared,

“By all the hells of Imperial Creed, you are insane Habitus!”

Slowly, almost gently the winged Astartes hissed,

“You Cicero are insane. Have you seen the power of the Imperium of Chaos? Lord Remiel has as many warriors and worlds as the old Imperium ever did. More importantly, he is alive. He and his Patrons interact with their worshippers, something your ancient corpse fails to do!”

Cicero stared at Habitus defiantly and said,

“I weep for the future of our Chapter, knowing that it is steered by fools such as you.”

The squeal of the mutated Marine’s vox cut into the conversation, and the voice of another Mocnih was audible even to Blanc.

“Kneze Habitus, we have received converts from the Fifth Company. About twenty brothers have sworn fealty to the true Gods!”

Kneze Habitus flapped his wings happily and switched off the vox, replying only with a short blip that signaled “acknowledged”. He allowed the silence to grow for a moment before saying,

“Brother Cicero, you know that you only have fifty Marines. If twenty have joined the winning side that makes thirty that will die for their corpse on a chair. This does not matter for you though, no I shall end you right now and eat your geneseed. All glory to the Seventh…brother.”

Kneze Habitus raised his power axe above his head and with a mighty roar swung it downward. Captain Cicero didn’t even try to evade or resist as the powered blade arched down and then cut him head almost to the jaw. The body fell slowly, the armor’s joint hesitantly giving way. True to his word, Habitus knelt over the corpse and dug the fallen Astartes’ geenseed out through his neck. Feasting on it before the eyes of his Comrades, the Kneze finally said,

“And so another of the lost Companies are destroyed, come we shall finish them for Lord Remiel!”

There was a brief pause, then the other Mocnih shouted,

"For the Emperor!"
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:39 pm

[MT, with flashbacks to the early 1990s]

[Mature for language and sexual references]

War Stories: Episode 1

‹‹Chris›› Hello, and welcome to War Stories with Chris Parkinson. Today I'm with Confederate Air Force retired Colonel James McIntyre. Hello, James.

‹‹James›› Hi, Chris.

‹‹Chris›› So, Colonel McIntyre—

‹‹James›› It's okay, Chris, you can just call me James. I'm retired.

‹‹Chris›› Uh…right. So, James, tell me your story.

‹‹James›› Well, in 1992 I signed up for the Federal Air Force. It was always a dream of mine to fly a fighter jet, more particularly the F-16C.

‹‹Chris›› Okay. And I have it on pretty good authority in the defense community that made it into one of your songs? How about telling the audience about your music.

‹‹James›› [laughs] Yeah, my music. Well, I'm one of two parts of a band called Dua Bule which is a name I picked up while stationed near Kotaselatan. The name means "Two White Guys" in Indonesian, which is what the Indonesian guys on the base called us, so the name stuck.

‹‹Chris›› So what about this song telling your story of what you wanted to fly?

‹‹James›› Well, we had heard this Amerikian band who had pretty much the same story and even a similar name as us. There was a verse from the song…[James grabs his guitar]…lemme play it for ya.

When I was a young-in, my daddy said to me
"Son, I wanna know what it is you wanna be"
I said "I'll never wear a tie, but I like the color green
"I think I'm gonna wanna fly the fuckin' F-16"

Well I heard my momma screamin' 'cuz I yelled it right out loud
So daddy had to wash my mouth, I knew that he was proud
He gave me a shot, there was somethin' in between
The Lysol and alcohol, a touch of gasoline

I even remember saying that as a little kid. I had been with my dad to pilot meets and things and I had grown up around that kind of language. When I came to the air force a lot of the chatter was pretty much coming naturally and many of the guys in the school thought I was some kind of undercover guy or something.

‹‹Chris›› Well, that's quite a song there. Now, there's one song in particular that you cover from these Amerikian guys that you like to play quite a bit, and it was something that made you…quite famous at the Air Force Academy. 'Mind playing that one for us, or at least, the part you made famous?

‹‹James›› [laughs] Oh, that one. Well, back home at the bar I frequented, there were four drinking tunes the guitarist knew. You'd call out 1, 2, 3, or 4 when you wanted one. Part of the initiation was hearing each tune. I learned tune 2 like I knew a bedtime lullaby, and came up with my air force theme song. I got to the academy and the guy in charge asked me what I wanted to fly, and I said "the F-16." He looked me over and said "are you sure?" To which I replied—and—don't mind, I'll sing it a capella please.

‹‹Chris›› Sure, go right ahead.

‹‹James›› It's a slight alteration of a song from those Amerikian guys.

[James started playing the tune]

The most beautiful girl that I did ever see
I dream that I will one day get insiiiide her
I'll finally have my way
I'll ride her every day
‹short pause›
She's the only one for me and she's a Viiiiper!

I literally said that right to this straight, clean-cut training pilot. He had the most baffled look on his face. Made my week.

‹‹Chris›› So, James, tell me about your first day in training academy…

To be continued
Last edited by Arkinesia on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Herlda
Spokesperson

Founded: May 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Herlda » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:55 pm

[ Future Tech ]

[ Mature: For Sexual and violent references ]

Origins of Galactus

"Some may ask why I do this, but they never ask how this began, it seems strange and my fate is what makes me do this. In the Multiverse there is no mortal, no nation, no man that can even come close to matching me in any form, however the gods and other cosmic entities do, one has been more powerful the being that killed by galaxy was imprisoned by the gods, this former god become the cosmic being known only as Abraxas, I have to feed, I have been labeled as a menace, as a villain, as Satan, but what i really am is peace, I am natural, I am a protector, I care not for what they demand, as long as I feed I save the universe from the fate mine had to suffer. This is my story, the story of how I came to be, this is the origins of Galactus, the devourer of worlds."

Anyways yeah I will work on it later, and this will be a good origin for people to understand how I made Galactus more, personal.

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:12 pm

[ Fantasy/PT ]

Look here; those who doubt God

Russo-Spain
Late 10th Century

"You claim to be Luciella?" Alexi Yordanov's voice was even and wise, the Emperor in his mid-forties mere years from death; of natural causes. The young woman before him was ethereal beyond imagining and her beauty unparalleled by all means of eye. Silver armor covered her breast; but white cloth covered all else from head to toe, a silvery diadem resting on her crown. Rumor of her coming preceded her as she gallivanted across the countryside performing her miracles and healing the unwell, easing the suffering of the common person. The Emperor was not impressed; in a land of magic where magicians wandered yet none were so bold to claim to be God.

The young woman spoke then, her voice resonated like the choir of angels all at once and Alexi felt his spine shiver; his entire body washed over by a feeling neither comfortable nor uncomfortable; simply alien. "I claim nothing." As she spoke the long ridiculously golden locks of her hair floated around her as if on an invisible breeze. "I simply state what I am; you who call yourself Emperor of Man." Luciella said, her eyes which were silver, kind and gentle yet they seemed dangerous.

"If you are God; why do you allow such suffering in this land?" Alexi reasoned softly, his voice not very loud. Luciella gave a smile again. "Did you not unite this land upon my mandate? Did you not answer when I called?"

The Emperor stared at the Goddess a long moment before he spoke again. "What service can this mere mortal be of you, my sovereign?"

"That you might preach ways. Pass on my word." Luciella said as Alexi nodded slightly. "To your warriors; Be humble, but mighty; hold fast to the truth and speak no lies, defend the innocent and safeguard the defenseless. Be upright and just that heaven may love thee and do no evil." Alexi nodded, taking in the information, memorizing instantly.

"To your people. Do what is right, because it is right. Do not harm one another needlessly; do not partake of goods not yours, do not feel accomplishment over no goal." Again, Alexi nodded.

"To your queen, and all queens of her yet to come. Lead well the people of this land, my so chosen. That they may not know suffering at the hands of man, and worry only of nature; that they take care of them into the far future of years to come without their worrying of tyrants or dictators. Be benevolent always." Again, Alexi nodded.

"To you. You who have done so well in my name, I welcome you, but not yet, to rest in eternal slumber; gentle and calm until such a time you are needed again, my champion." Alexi nodded a final time as Luciella beckoned to the Empress; who without much control of her own self approached the Goddess; she was shorter than her by mere inches.

Luciella lifted the diadem on her head and rested it upon the empress's own crown. "With this, I do deplore you to rule well, to know things, and to understand them, that you may rule well. May it serve as a link between yourself and my being; that when ever you need, you need merely call." The Empress nodded softly; nearly bowing before the Goddess stopped her. "And with this; may you live forever; Cecilia." She removed her own armor, revealing just more white cloth and molded it around the empress with a gentle smile until it fit more than perfectly.

"Know always that I love you all without exception; and that I am not evil, or cruel, and do not depict me as such." Luciella said with a note of finality before she faded on the spot into nothing.

The old man who spoke the last words of the story smiled at his many grandchildren toothlessly. "Which is why there is no such thing as an Atheist here; in Estainia. Because we know that the Goddess is real; even if others may doubt her."
Last edited by Estainia on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of the Etai
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Abruzi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:00 pm

We were all human at some point.

MT

Warmth. It was blissfully warm, the sun high above keeping the temperature just under unbearable. When the wind, the gentle southern breeze, stopped blowing, it quickly rose to be uncomfortably warm. That was when he would jump into the water with his friends, the cool clear water of the northern boundary. It was fresh water, smooth on the skin, and deliciously cool. It was him, four friends, and the girlfriend of one of his friends. These six enjoyed the day as only bored teenagers can.

He regularly sat on a rigid wooden bench that overlooked the stretch of river where they swam. Warmed by the sun, he allowed himself to nap quietly while his comrades enjoyed the river. It was so comfortable, so enjoyable, it was as close to Elysium of ancient myth as one could get. There were other people around, laughing and enjoying the day. Rolling his head to gaze into the clear blue sky, he opened his eyes.

The river remained, sickly gray and toxic. The once bright and warm sun was obscured by the clouds of nuclear fallout that now dominated his homeland. The warmth of the sun’s tender rays was now replaced with cold, a stinging cold that bit the face and ears. Laughter, the laughter of recreational swimmers and the coy laugh of the girls was replaced instead by a distain wail, the inhuman wail of the wind through the skeleton of the town. In the ruins there were many bad things, cannibals, Gas Mask and Kalash Gangs, and mutants among others. He ignored them for now though and instead simply stared ahead.

He could see the distant land, the foreign nation where they did not have to ration out their food, where they did not have to guard against roving packs of Lurkers or the unseen dangers of a Bloodsucker. A foreign land that was not doomed to the slow death his homeland was. Here on the northern fringe, they had escaped the worst of the nuclear bombardment. The towns and cities had survived almost intact until the fourth winter, when the Neo Bolshevists had returned from the East. Burning and fighting a running battle with the locals, they had completely taken Marinograd and Guron before fierce resistance and winter weather forced them to fortify Guron and settle in.

Foreigners had come and claimed Forgeheim, within months constructing a huge slum that encased the Forgeheim Exclusionary Zone. The real locals regarded the slums with disdain, fearful of the Gas Mask and Kalash Gangs that quickly spread outwards from them. He was a local, living in a rural home between the towns of Marinograd and Algonak. His home was no a veritable fortress, a refuge in the storm of post Age of Strife Abruzi. Within were his parents, some friends, and several relatives who had been gathered. He was the only one who regularly left, sneaking out early in the morning to go where he willed.

Sitting on the once pleasant wooden bench, he almost remembered why he did it.

The crumble of some loose concrete in the ruins behind him awoke him from his recollections, he quickly slid his backpack onto the ground and laid behind it. He quickly slotted a fresh clip into his Kalash and slowly balanced it atop his pack. Using it as a support, he turned himself from a loner who was susceptible to ambush, into a marksman with a stable rest and a very lethal disposition. Panning his rifle back and forth, he quickly located the source of the noise.

Four Gas Mask and Kalash men sat under a small overhang, waiting for passers by. Each man wore a battered leather overcoat and jet black Gasmask, marking them as former members of the Ministry of Contentment, or Black Army. They had seen him, but his alertness marked him as a less than easy target, something that was not appealing for these predators. Like any good prey beast that was above the capability of the predators, he did not immediately run, but instead slowly slung his backpack and proudly walked away. Just before he passed out of sight, he gave them a wave which was returned. It did well to show respect and acknowledgement to those types, the types who could’ve easily killed him and did not only because he would’ve taken a few minutes.

About half a kilometer away he heard the rapid chatter of the Kalashnikov and the long low scream of a wounded man. Several excited voices drifted over to him on the winds, just as he passed the ruins of a Supermarket that had been reserved for upper party members during the Neo Bolshevist Times. On a spur of the moment he kicked open the locked doors and played his flashlight across the empty food racks. Dust and mice were the only things in the market, dust mice and the body of some unfortunate Stalker. Kneeling over the dead man, he quickly detected how the stalker had died. An artifact in his bag was one of the types that made the blood thinner, a slight cut on the man’s leg had bled and bled to the point of death, and now he was a lump of rotting bones and soiled clothes in a store in the ass end of nowhere. He quickly patted him down, running his hands over the man’s pockets and through his pack. The artifact was safely contained in his own pack now, wrapped in several layers of cloth to negate it’s blood thinning aura. He took the man’s ammunition and Kalash, slinging the rifle up onto his back and holding his casually by the hand guard.

Stripping the man of his clothes and equipment was dirty work, but worth it in terms of loot. He recovered not only a Kalash, but a nice Makarov PMM sidearm, and a bayonet. The man’s jacket and pants alone were a good find, both being former Red Army gear. The quilted jacket was immediately donned, it’s warmth far surpassing the little wool jacket that most civilians had been given.

When he came out, they were waiting for him. The four Gas Mask and Kalash men stood ominously in a wide circle around the doors, rifles and submachine guns trained on the lone local. The leader, was a bit man, his face was the only one not concealed by a gasmask and it was a patchwork of scars and burns. His face was twisted in what should be a smile, but was only a way of showing his brutishly wide teeth. The man laughed once, a single laugh that was more annoying than dramatic. He spread his arms slowly and said,

"Privet moĭ chelovek , ya dumayu , vy uznali chto-nibudʹ horoshyee tam? "

“Hello there my man, I wonder, did you find anything good in there?”

The local trained his Kalash on the man’s head and replied,

"Неt"

“No.”

The gang leader nodded slowly and said,

" Eto kurtku ... YA znal odnogo cheloveka v etoĭ oblasti s odnoĭ takoĭ. Vy stolknetesʹ s Krasnoĭ Petr ? "

“That jacket…I knew a man in this area with one like that. You run into Red Pyotr?”

The local shook his head and said,

" SushchestvovalStalker tam, davno mertv . YA osvobodil yego ruzhʹe i kurtku, ryukzak byl pust. "

“There was a Stalker in there, long dead. I relived him of his rifle and jacket, his pack was empty.”

The leader seemed to buy it, and focused in on the rifle at the local’s back. He twisted his head to the side and said,

" Vot kak eto budet , vy budete mesto, zapasnye Kalash na zemlyu i datʹ za vashi denʹgi ... skolʹko deneg u vas yestʹ? "

“This is how it will be, you will place that spare Kalash on the ground and give over your money…how much money do you have?”

The local carried five hundred Rubles on him at all times, but those were for supplies that were critical. Instead of lying outright he tried a calculated gamble by saying,

" U menya yestʹ pyatʹsot rublyeĭ , no moya zhenshchina bolʹna. YA dam tebe tristaKalash ".

“I have five hundred Rubles, but my woman is sick. I’ll give you three hundred and the Kalash.”

Shaking his head, the leader replied,

"Vasha zhenshchina ne bolen ".

“Your woman is not sick.”

The local smiled, trying to defuse the situation. He quickly thought up an alternate ploy and instead said,

" Vy pravy, ona horosho . Dvesti dlya produktov pitaniya i medikamentov dlya moego rebenka , hotya. Ona tolʹko chto rodila , i on nuzhdaet·sya v vitaminah ".

“You’re right, she is well. The two hundred is for food and medicine for my child though. She just gave birth and he needs vitamins.”

The gang leader smiled, and replied,

" Ah, yasam otets . Kak ob etom , vy razmeshchaeteKalash ipyatʹsot rublyeĭ na palube, my dadim vam vse produkty pitaniya u nas yestʹ na nas, i dva nashih komplektov med. "

“Ah, I’m a father myself. How about this, you place the Kalash and the five hundred Rubles on the deck, we’ll give you all the food we have on us and two of our med kits.”

Nodding, the local slowly said,

"да."

“Yes.”

Two of the Gas Mask and Kalash men stepped forward and slowly placed the medicine and food on the ground, while the local set the rifle and his money on the ground. The two parties exchanged goods and the Gas Mask and Kalash Gang slowly melted away. With a smile, the leader tossed the local an extra tin of canned meat and said,

" Do etogo derʹma , ya bylottsom, no moĭ rebenok umer ot goloda okoloUtopiya isklyuchenii zony ".

“Before this shit, I was a father, but my child died of starvation near the Utopia Exclusionary Zone.”

Shaking his head, the local shouted back,

" YA dumayu, my vse chelovecheskoe v opredelennyĭ moment. "

“I guess we were all human at some point.”
Last edited by Abruzi on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO For Mod

Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:11 pm

At 239 Stories, this thread has been updated.

Lovaniye
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lovaniye » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:56 pm

The Silencers
[ PMT ]

[ Mature ]

There's a sort of slick, wet, sound when one of them goes in. All the Wasters know about it, and all the revolutionaries do to. Alexis Jones, she wished she'd known about it the afternoon that Civil Defense knocked on the rotting wooden door of her apartment in the slums. She heard this strange noise just after she opened the door and felt cold on the front of her neck. There was no pain as the Silencer went in. The Civil Defense officer standing before her held a small device which looked like a staple-gun had finally made the decision to enter a lowrider competition, a cold steam oozing off of its barrel. The small cartoon face on the forehead of the officer's helmet displayed a bored look as he holstered the device and began reading words which streamed across a small screen beneath his visor.

"Citizen Alexis Jones," his voice echoed from the helmet's external speakers and the cartoon face on his forehead boredly mouthed the words along with him, "You have been found tried in your absence and found guilty of Discount Fraud and Teaching Fraudulent Behavior. In accordance with the law, your children have been removed from their school and placed into Adoptive Services. You have also been equipped with a VX-450c Silencer Unit. This unit will prevent you from speaking. For your convenience, it comes programmed with twenty-three essential communicative phrases that it can sound out for you, so that you can still conduct business, work, and acquire sustenance."

There was a pause in the explanation as the screen inside of the officer's helmet flickered out for a moment. A sigh could be heard inside the shell as he fumbled with the reset controls. The cartoon face on his forehead had taken on a frustrated glare. Finally, he managed to reset the helmet's display system and find his place in the warrant's text. Alexis just stood there, unwillingly silent. Her eyes asked questions to the officer, but her mouth movements provided no sound.

The officer went on, ignoring her silent pleas, "Ah, here we go: The Silencer Unit will also track your movements, allowing us to determine whether or not your fraudulent behavior has ceased. After one year, the data will be gathered for re-evaluation of your case, at which point the Silencer can be removed for a processing fee of seven-hundred Dimes. Until that point, any Tax Immunities you currently enjoy will be removed. Your children will not be returned to you. Have a productive day, Citizen."

The officer finished his speech with little enthusiasm. It seemed he'd been making it all day. As he turned to leave, Alexis softly grasped one of his arms to catch his attention. She mouthed the words, 'What did I do?' to the officer. The cartoon face on his helmet looked back at her incredulously.

"Come on, lady, you must know what you did."

Alexis shook her head vigorously, frayed greying brown hair falling over her face, now tearing up.

"Oh, fine, I'll tell you. Let me consult your case report." A picture of her face flashed in front of his eyes, followed by more streams of text. When he finally saw it, the officer let out a short guffaw. The cartoon face snickered silently with him. "I can't believe this," he murmured, quiet enough for the microphone in his helmet not to broadcast it aloud, "From children, of all things..." Then, he read aloud the description of her crime.

"It says this, lady: 'Citizen Jones was caught using her children's Youth Discount to purchase items for adult consumption. She was also reportedly telling her co-workers at the Malcom Enterprises Manufacturing Center about this transgression, thereby spreading the fraudulent idea. Therefore, this court has decided to remove her children to cease her fraudulent behavior, as well as install a Silencer to keep her from spreading the behavior any further'... Really, lady, you oughtta be ashamed of yourself. Stealin' from kids like that."

Without another word, the officer pulled himself out of her grip and plodded down the hallway, around the corner and out of view. Alexis went back inside her apartment, pulling the door closed behind her. She went to the room where her children usually slept, now emptied forever. Her eyes scanned over the furniture, trying to gather a rough estimate of its value. Then, her gaze settled on a mirror sat up on her daughter's bureau. Her saddened expression gazed back at her. She watched as her thin fingers crawled up her chest to rest softly on the black steel disc protruding from her throat. She watched her other hand reach for the letter opener sitting on her daughter's end-table. She watched the sharpened tip of the blade slide flat up to the disc in her neck, feeling its cold weight against her. Her fist tensed tight around the handle of the knife and she closed her eyes.

She didn't want to watch the next part.

Zypra
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zypra » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 am

[ Mature ]

Menthol (MT)

Ahh, the fresh breeze of air being sucked into your lungs. For many, it's something to love about on a hot day. For some, smoking a menthol cigarette would cool yourself inside. For me, it's something I would really loathe. I mean, imagine a perfectly cold night, snow pouring down, the chilling breeze going into your bones, your spine, everywhere, and all you have is a menthol cigarette in your hands. As much as I'd love to smoke one to feed my addiction, I would certainly throw it away. It's the worst thing you would ever suck into your own, cold lungs on a very chilling night.

For me, a menthol cigarette would ruin the day. Really. Often, if I planned to quit smoking for a certain period, or even perhaps my entire life, a pack of menthols would do the trick. It would not only put me off from smoking for quite a while, there is a possibility I would loathe it forever.

Of course, often I would be incredibly desperate to have one, so I have no choice but to bear the pain. In some circumstances, I wouldn't actually finish the whole thing. I would probably have a few puffs before throwing it away in disgust. I would choose cheap normal cigarettes for a menthol, a date with an undesirable for a menthol; I wouldn't have one until I really outweighed the cons and pros. Nonetheless, it would be quite reasonable to have one on a very hot day.

My hate for menthol stemmed from my early days of smoking. My mother loved these cigarettes more than I did. Stealing a stick or two, I was alright before I tried normal cigarettes. The warm fog in my lungs, mhmm. Now, I can't possibly end a day with a warm session.

In my envisage, menthols contain more nicotine than most regular cigarettes. Fuck me if I'm wrong, but my personal views often contradict scientific research, even if I'm wrong. But do I really need impotence in the middle of the night? Do I really need to get sick in the morning just because of a silly addiction? Herewith, perhaps I could smoke another menthol on any given day, if the mood was right, even if it was freezing outside. Feed your cravings. Have a smoke now, and you'll feel better. Live your life. Don't complain if you have lung cancer at the end of the day, because it's all part of your cravings.

Garimidia
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Garimidia » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 pm

[ MT ]

[ Mature ]

The Beginning is Behind Us, But We'll Never See the End

“I hate this,” murmured Jason as he kicked a large gravel stone across the road, if you could call it that. The numerous potholes that littered it made it more of an extreme hazard than a road. They were there not because of poor government maintenance or vandalism, but because of artillery shells and IED’s. This was Vasaari, in Alsager, and the entire city and country was in the midst of a violent war which had no end in sight. It was a war that Jason and his brother, Amadeus, failed to understand. They knew why the war had begun, but they couldn’t understand the very worst of human nature when it came closer to them every day. No one could blame them.

Jason, 15, was only one year older than his brother, but since their dad had been forcibly conscripted into the Alsagan Authority Security Forces when the war began and their mother had long since disappeared, it had been just them to brave the horrors of war since it began in 1991, three years ago. That seemed like a long time ago. Vasaari, the capital of Alsager, had been home to many attacks and air bombings, but none had been more intense than what was happening now. It was August 1994, and the Battle for Vasaari had been raging since May. The peak of the battle had passed but that made no difference to Jason and his brother, and rightly so, for the city was still extremely dangerous.

The whole country was dangerous. Things had been bad in the early days but were worse now as the war looked to have no end. Garimidia, of which Alsager is a territory, had intervened with the mother of all invasions back in February. Jason took his mind back to that early morning. The air raid sirens had started whining their impending apocalypse cries at 4:00 am, a very unusual time. Instead of heading for the basement of his apartment building, he had run out onto the balcony, and sure enough hell had broken loose. In the distance, flashes from bombs and explosions lit up the sky for a second at a time – but that was all you needed to see the thousands of silhouetted parachutes and soldiers falling to the ground.

"Hurry the fuck up," hissed Jason as his brother almost missed the road they were supposed to be walking on. They were heading towards the store, a regular life-or-death trip. The guy operating the store gave them food for a very discounted price as they were effectively the only customers. The city center was deserted, a ghost-town, and the guy running the store lived there. Stepping outside was much too risky.

"Shh," Amadeus responded. At first it seemed like a crappy comeback, but he had a good reason to be quiet. "What's that?" He asked, pointing down the street, which held towering apartment and business buildings on either side. Formerly occupied buildings. Now they no longer held businesses and families, rather snipers and militias. Keeping to the shadows was the best option.

"I don't know. Let's get out of here, come on-" but Jacob's request for a quick exit was shut down by a volley of shots from the other end of the street. "Fuck! Get down!" he shouted, ducking behind a street light. It wasn't great cover. His brother had better chances, behind a park bench. "Fuck, who is it?" Amadeus started to sob at the situation they were in. Many before them had come down this street and had been killed.

"I don't know!" Jacob hissed. He was stuck. More shots rang out, and he could feel them whizzing past his head. He focused on running to the other side of the street where his brother, who's loud cries gave their position away, was. "Shit, shit!" Jacob whispered as he prepared his run. Oh well, you can die or die trying.

Jacob moved quickly at first. But the first bullet piercing his ribcage knocked him a few feet to the left and on the ground, where the impact with the jagged cement resulted in a broken leg. The shock of the initial shot was enough to make Jacob fail to realize that the sniper in the fourth floor of the apartment building at the end of the street had just fired another shot, hitting him in the stomach. Amadeus screamed out for help, but was silenced as he caught view of the shopkeeper they were trying to get to dead on the street about 50 meters in front of them. He looked at his brother, who lay motionless, a large pool of blood forming around him.

Amadeus' life had just been ruined. He had no idea what to do, nowhere to go. He was stuck, exposed, sobbing, behind this damn bench. He was going to make a run for it when he heard a voice talk to him. "Come out now and you wont get hurt, eh?" It was a distinctly native Alsagan voice. Amadeus had no choice. Trembling, he stood, to see four native Alsagan Liberation Army soldiers, smoking, rough-looking and holding weapons.

One of them laughed. "Oh, did I say you wouldn't get hurt? I meant you might not get hurt," said the leading man, who's eyes were concealed behind large black glasses. His laugh was distinctly evil. "What should we do with him?" he asked his three compatriots. They just laughed and shrugged, not giving a fuck. The lead man shrugged in return.

"May as well make this quick then, huh?" he turned to face Amadeus, who's eyes were full of trepidation. He laughed again before lifting his gun and firing the rest of his magazine.

No-one heard the shots.
Last edited by Garimidia on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Federative Republic of Garimidia
Conquered by Liberty, United in Strength

Rhods
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhods » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Untamed

MT|Mature

Ajput Sasa, Grand Rider of the Sare people urged his mount forward naught but a foot before pausing again; catching naught but a faint wisp of white smoke on the horizon. Reaching to his back slowly he gripped the familiar form of his Ujarae, while simultaneously gazing around at the other twenty riders; caught in the same ritualistic practice. Content with his unit he slid his left hand down to the hip holster that adorned his thigh, slowly sliding the slick form of a revolver from the leather carrying device.

Pressing his spurs to the mount again the Rider took lead of the small party, slowly weaving in and out of various tree conglomerations that adorned the Taiga/Tundra of The Great Expanse. Paying no mind to the blistering wind the party pushed out against the snow drifts that remained here, even in mid summer. The game they were about to play was familiar, but the folly a new breed entirely.

Blinking for just a moment the Rider experienced the strongest feeling of nostalgia to ever penetrate his thoughts. For just a moment he was a young boy, stalking through a similar land, yet a land that was to the far east of here near the western coasts of the Great Expanse. Riding his Nubu Pony the boy enjoyed the smell of lilac and daffodil as his father led the way through the unfamiliar terrain.

That had been the last time the boy had seen his father, being killed by Urjak tribesmen after a raid went wrong. Suffice to say the funeral hearth had burnt for a fortnight before the final ember went to ash, consuming the body of Jur the great. Ajput had of course mourned for the allotted time, grieving the death of his father, also looking towards the future as he would now command a great Sare force...or rather would in time.

As the blistering snow whipped against his face, Ajput realized the time to take the mantle of Jur had come. Today he would ride forth and bring glory to the forgotten memory of his father. Once again elevating his clan among the Sare Federation, distinguishing them once more as champions of warfare and raiding. Urging his horse into a gallant sprint the young man lead his party through the last shields of the forest, screaming his war-cry as the clan raced down the hill.

"Utta tourin va, Jur, Jur, Jur!"
"All for our lord, Jur, Jur, Jur"

Breaking into the small village in a flurry of motion the riders dispersed firing their weapons at passer-byes, and striking forth with their blades. In a mob those people left on the street ran for cover or door ways, forcing their way past those who fell to the mysterious riders. Those who fell died, those who fled died as well. The streets of the village ran red with the blood of Rhodians as the Sare began to clasp chains on those who survived and loot the various homes of the village.

While this occurred a single man, clad in a parka-trench coat combination; adorning the typical gasmask of the Rhodian army clambered to the highest point in the village. The town hall itself, clenching hard to his chest; his military grade Kalashnikov assault rifle. With a scream of unmatched furry the village's constable took aim at a group of riders, and left loose a hell storm of bullets. Screaming with pleasure as the three riders fell to the sneak attack.

Continuing to fire at any thing that looked remotely like a horse, the man threw back clip after clip after clip of empties. Until finally a solemn click broke the clatter of automatic gunfire. Slowly moving his hand down, he felt nothing but empty cloth. Jerking back quickly the man was thrown against the confines of the tower as a lone Sare warrior burst through the door cornering him against the placid blue sky.

"Ви будете платити за це, ви знаєте, це вбивство, вона буде помстився в десять разів."
"You'll pay for this you know, this slaughter, it will be avenged ten fold."

The words slurred as he remained on the verge of tears, daring a glance behind; finally catching sight of the true destruction he fell to his knees. Clutching his chest in a bear hug motion he wrapped his cold fingers around the familiar shape of his TT-112 pistol, positioning his finger just so the tip was concealed yet on the trigger.

"Mubia, vetest olivn ourk intself understand."
"You will die here, unaware of the final words I speak to you.

Unsheathing his sword in a slow, ceremonial fashion the Sare warrior brought it to rest directly above the Constables head. Raising it to sit above his own head he began to bring it down swiftly, just as the constable drew his pistol. Smashing his finger into the trigger, and leaving a small cluster of bullet holes conglomerated upon the warriors chest. With a last ditch effort, he pulled himself over the dead warrior; and into the town hall.

The sound of an engine firing to life was wholly new to Alexi Boursh, a boy of no more than eight that gazed upon the IFV that set before him. Smiling he extended his small hand to graze the cool metal that shielded the soldiers crammed inside, liking the feel he let his hand rest for a moment before a curious onlooker approached; half smiling half scowling at the little boy who was flushed with excitement.

"Ви там, піти від цього! Це властивість Rhodian Союзу!"
"You there, get away from that! That's property of the Rhodian Union!"

The man said half seriously as he shooed the boy away, before he himself let his hand rest on the metal for a moment. Still smiling as he walked away Alexi uttered a boyish laugh as he watched the man just as fascinated as himself jerk back as the machine began to move. Rumbling away from the small village the pair of winterized APCs, along with a company of soldiers moved out beyond the last stretch of official Rhodian territory; racing forth to meet the wild.

"Ці Сарі Riders, вони, як Cozzar з Гуансі?"
"These Sare Riders, they are like the Cozzar of Guanxi?"

A young corporal mused to his sergeant as the company pressed forth into the cold taiga of the area.

Немного, хотя Саре использовать меньше модернизированных weaponry, луки и болт действия для большей части.Cozzar по крайней мере Калаш использования и противогаз.
"Somewhat, albeit the Sare use less modernized weaponry, bows and bolt actions for the most part. The Cozzar at least use Kalash and Gasmask."

"Хе должно быть быстрым борьбе, то а?"
"Heh, should be a quick fight then eh?"

"Я сподіваюся на це, я не кицька, але це погано навіть для Rhodian а?"
I hope so, I'm no pussy; but this is bad even for a Rhodian eh?

Ні, мій батько був рибалки, я провів багато днів у холодному північному морі. Повірте мені, це ніщо порівняно з цим!
Nah, my father was a fishermen, I spent many a day on the cold northern sea. Trust me, this is nothing compared to that!

"Якщо це ваша ідея не так вже погано, то я не хотів би бачити погоду, коли ви тремтіння ти син сука!"
If this is your idea of not too bad, then I'd hate to see the weather when you shiver you son of a bitch!

"Ха! Ти і я як брат, коли ви подорожуєте по цій проклятій море вона відчуває, як ніби ваші легкі будуть заморожувати!"
Ha! You and me both brother, when your out on that damned sea it feels as if your lungs will freeze!

"Ну, принаймні вітри не погано ще."
"At the very least the winds aren't too bad yet.

Then as if pre-planned a mass gust of wind broke down onto the company, stirring up massive amounts of snow and casting it against their winter gear. In a flurry of motion each of the one hundred and twenty men clipped together, breaking into forty man groups that in turn clipped onto the bulky form of the APCs that trudged against the drifts that began to reform. All around men gripped to each other, but none dared stop; lest they be trampled upon by the rest of their column, or freeze to death should they not march fast enough and be forcibly un-clipped.

"Ти приніс пекло на нас з цим твердженням! Але принаймні, ні один кінь буде їздити в пеклі!"
"You've brought hell upon us with that statement! But at the very least no horse will ride in hell!"

Furjen Taur, heir to Caucazian Domain, grand rider of Furmentaria, and lord-to-be of Vermania; set atop what he gauged to be the finest mount to ever be birthed. A mount, he insisted, that should be raiding and grazing in the lush grasslands of the Fumentarian Planes; not trudging through snow drifts after a force that was likely nonexistent and threatened his most inhospitable raiding ground he so named "domain." This in it's own right irked him, yet even more so the biting cold that contrasted the planes he was accustomed to set his teeth to grind.

Worse still was the tension that brewed within the Sare host, even with only 100 meters separating the two forces visibility remained unconfirmed as the snow, and a steep incline kept the Rhodian forces in the dark, and Sare forces on edge. The incline in it's own right could be a godsend, or a hell-trap for the Sare riders. They would after all gain tremendous momentum by charging down the slope. Yet the slippery conditions and lack of recon also meant the Rhodian forces lay mostly unobserved.

A smart tactician would have waited another day or so for the Rhodians to clear the inclination and camp somewhere more suitable to a charge. A smart tactician however, Furjen Taur was not. No the great warrior-rider was just that, a mindless berserker who would take momentum over scouting and weather conditions any day. So like any fool he chose the worst time to attack as well.

At two and a half hour in the morning, the Sare host began to stir and saddle their mounts; a full force of some three hundred men. Each in his own right wielding a small pistol and stereotypical Ujarae, they set their mounts to trot at three in the morning. Making slow pace against the storm the men braced for what many had dared to call. "Durin" or the greatest victory of the Sare over the foreign peoples.

Ivan Gorbave woke with a start, turning on his side and ramming his back straight into the uncomfortable form of his pallet post. Gazing at the luminescent green numbers on the watch his father had given him he discovered the odd hour he had awoken. 2:51 A.M. Stretching a bit he dared to touch his back, not feeling the warm trickle of blood he gave a content sigh and sat up slowly and carefully.

Reaching towards the coat that hung next to his pallet he sighed happily as he gripped the small shotgun that had cost him an entire seasons trapping. Reaching into his coat pockets he withdrew a trio of twelve gauge shells and slid them into to join the twins that already rested within the weapon. Finally managing to stand up he creaked like an automaton as his sore joints protested the movements of throwing his coat on and slinging the large .300 Rifle he used to hunt Rhodian bear.

Finally clambering out of his tent he grabbed the stereotypical Kalashnikov rifle that rested against the outer workings of his tent. A weapon that would stay out in the wet snow all night and still never jam. Slinging the weapon so that it rested next to the large rifle he at last slid on the cool and ominous form of a gasmask. Smelling the sharp plastic aroma that hung within the confines of the solitary piece of equipment that no Rhodian felt whole without.

Half-stumbling over to the fire he had started two nights ago he allowed the smallest of smiles. The Turgan wood that burnt within his fire was a bitch to start, but it sure did hold a flame for a long time if one could catch fire to it. Sitting down quietly as to not disturb the soldiers that lay in their tents he grabbed for a small prodding stick and began to poke the fire with his left hand, while his right hand shot into his jacket and withdrew a bundle of money.

One thousand Rhodian Rubles, a fortune to any trapper or wilderness man in the frontier. The money he had been rewarded would make him a rich, and therefore powerful man among the frontier councils that reported back to the greater Rhodian government. But of course the reward came with risk, and no man led a party against the famed Sare riders without a rewarded big enough to coax his dangerous side.

Glancing at the watch again he caught sight of the time, 3:11 A.M. Nearly twenty minutes had slipped out of his hands, not that he had any pressing maters to attend to. Lounging back against a large rock he was almost allured back into sleep before the snarl of his dog roused him. Peter was a loyal dog of stout breed and even stouter fighting skills, to this day Ivan swore he had watched the big Rhodian frontier dog kill a full grown bear. Therefore the dogs irritation not only set him on edge, it also drove him to shoulder the ever deadly shotgun.

Then he heard it...the pitter-patter of well trained horses, churning up snow; a sound that would not have lulled a sleeping man from his slumber. Turning towards the incline that dominated the western part of the camp he let out a loud cry, just as the three hundred horsemen broke into a full blown charge.

Down the slope they came, turning up great clouds of snow and giving the illusion of an avalanche. The first riders were into the outskirts of the camp before many had awoken, ramming their long spears into sleeping men and those who struggled to free themselves from their pallets and bags.

In the mist of this stood Ivan and a determined group of Rhodian defenders. Lashing out with Kalashnikov and shotgun, bayonet and skinning knife the Rhodians fought the Sare to a stand still, before they were encircled. Many a man fall as the Sare pressed towards the thinning group of defenders, before an ominous sound broke the qualms of death and battle. The rotating of a vehicle mounted machine gun. The APC crewmen had taken advantage of the confusion and in a flurry of motion they set their guns upon the Sare riders, retreating now in a blur.

Some one hundred and eleven Rhodian soldiers died that day, victory had been at a high cost. The battle reports told of a Sare host shook, battered, and near death. Many speculated they might take to their ships and flee the whole land, but of all things speculated every man agreed on one thing. The Sare Riders might not ravage the frontier anymore, but they still remained free and Untamed.
Last edited by Rhods on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

THEFORTRESSSTATEOFRHODS

The Honorable Enlightened Supreme General of the Fortress State
Emeka Chukwuemeka'desta Dakarai Olufemi Abioye Toure
High Lord of the Victorious Insurrection of the Chosen Emissaries' Army

Abruzi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 am

Live to Forget.
FT.

The dead were watching.

Blood Brother Uvech knelt in the mud and slowly raised his bolter, taking care to place the targeting reticule in the center of the unknowing man atop the fortress wall. Headshots didn’t work, the heavy bolt would just fly through him and quite likely fail to explode. Either way, the man was dead but if a bolt round happened to pop his carcass like an overfilled balloon, the other enemy soldiers would be more hesitant to stand atop their great walls and towers. Alongside Uvech the rest of the First Blood Clan was making ready, the majority of them were gifted with ancient and mighty Terminator Armor, one of the perks of being in the First Company of the Tears of Darkness.

Blood Father Azoth was somewhere down the line, clad in his magnificent Daemon Armor and simply waiting for the advance teams to gain the wall before blowing the gate in. The entire First Blood Clan was here, an even that was itself unheard of. Their enemy must be one of the important lost companies, perhaps the followers of Longus? In the end though, it did not really matter who they fought. Uvech’s task was the same regardless of what former Brother Captain they battled, he had to kill the sentry atop the wall and allow his Blood Brothers to ascend the great fortification.

Squeezing the trigger slowly, Uvech blinked just as his weapon fired. The great bark that would’ve immediately betrayed his presence was dulled to a quiet cough by the silencer that was installed just for this mission, making the sentry unsuspecting up until the round found it’s mark in the trunk of his body. Having aimed for the man’s center, Uvech had succeeded in placing enough organic material between the entry and exit wounds for the round to explode. The once recognizably human sentry as such became both a puddle and a ragged husk of a corpse that caused the men on either side of him to cry out in fear and surprise.

Taking the shouts as their cue, the Assault Squads under Blood Brother Luka engaged their jump packs and quickly ascended the wall. Landing, they howled as they began to rend and tear, reducing the sentries and guards to mere savaged corpses. Luka was an old Marine, one of the few from the original founding back in M40; his skills were more than enough to kill humans. By the time Uvech and his Blood Family reached the top, he was sure that the older Marine would’ve swept the walls clear.

Uvech and his own Blood Family ascended the walls, climbing hand over hand. The growl of their engine power sources and the whine of their servos almost drowned out the noises of the slaughter atop the wall; almost. As he finally crested the battlements, the chaos and “combat” had finally subsided. Broken bodies lined the walkways and the Assault Marines knelt amidst the corpses, taking trophies and muttering prayers to the Gospodar Lubanja. Uvech and his men moved past them with little more than a glance and established their firing positions that would assist the main force. As his men took their positions, Uvech whispered into his Armor’s Vox,

“Supporting Positions Secured Blood Father!”

There was a moment’s pause before the ancient voice of his leader and master replied,

“Assault Commencing. Blood for the blood god Brother!”

Again there was a brief silence, a quiet rush of anti-sound, then it began. The wail of warp energies was audible from the other side of the fortress keep. The slobbering roar of beings that were too ancient and too savage for existence could be heard as the very fabric of reality wore thin. Chattering small arms followed, punctuated by the roar of massed bolter fire. The few heavy weapons employed by the Tears then opened up, Uvech could pick out the cough of a lascannon, the whine of a missile launcher, and the deep bass throb of a heavy bolter. All together, the assault was one of the few instances where the Tears let fly all guns.

Before them, the courtyard was rapidly filling with a mixture of Loyalist Chapter Serfs and Conscripted Soldiers. The remaining Purgators had yet to appear and the Warriors atop the wall had orders to only engage their former brethren. The Assault Marines however had no such orders and just as it seemed that the Loyalist Astartes were about to appear, the Angels of Death activated their jump packs.
Luka enjoyed the whip of the wind and the speed of his dive, like some avian predator he let our a piercing shriek from his helm mere milliseconds before crashing into one of the human prey. His cermite boots landed first and crushed the man’s leg, earning him a wail of pain-terror before he ended the man’s life with another stomp. His bolt pistol was already drawn and firing, each round finding a home in the tightly pressed ranks of the enemy. In his other hand his chainsword growled, the Machine Spirit hungry for blood and carnage. With a sigh of relish he let it loose, marveling as the blade directed him as much as he directed the blade.

The wet tearing of flesh and the rending of bone filled the air as the Assault Marines began to reap their bloody tally from amongst the mortals, with what little resistance they had offered so far, Uvech was quite certain that the humans would be massacred within two point four five minutes. Laughing quietly, the Marines atop the wall watched as their blood maddened brethren slaughtered the cannon fodder of their former brothers.

His chainsword was wet with the biological fluid of the weaklings they had just exterminated. Kneeling over the corpse of the last man to be killed, Luka softly muttered a prayer to the Lord of Skulls. The combat had been short, too short, and the Blood God was surely angered. His insatiable thirst for blood had not even been wetted let alone quenched by the paltry resistance of the humans! As if in answer to his prayers one of his nearby brothers’ head suddenly jerked backwards unnaturally. A smoking hole dominated the man’s faceplate and the sludge like brain matter of the Marine began to leak out. Smiling, Luka roared,

“Kraken Pattern!”

Out of the gloom of their Fortress, the Purgators came. Clad in slightly brighter suits of gray Mark 6 Plate, they clashed with their damned Brothers. The combat was savage, Luka and his men trading blows with foes who were their equal. Uvech and his men watched in near awe as the most savage of their War Band displayed their prowess. Judging that the time was right, Uvech signaled his men to open fire just as their initial wonder wore off. Their own Kraken Pattern Bolts zipped into their former Comrades, puncturing neck joins and eye pieces.

Uvech himself had to swap out his Stalker pattern loaded magazine for one of the armor piercing ones, causing him to miss the first furious seconds of the combat. Finally his weapon began to kick in his hands, ending the lives of his one time brothers just as quickly as they killed off the Assault Marines. Luka’s men were already paying a heavy price for every foe they killed, and in only a few minutes it was down to Luka alone. He was an avatar of violence, a crimson blur that moved as quickly as the light from the distant sun. A hack would end one loyalist just as a well timed thrust spitted another followed by an ornate twirl that severed a third’s arm, it was almost too fast to follow.

The Savage close quarters skill of the Veteran coupled with the gunfire from the wall ensured that the valiant Purgators were finished in short order. Standing alone, knee deep in the corpses, Luka slowly turned to look upwards to Uvech. Raising his blade in salute, the Astartes keyed his vox and said,

“I salute you Br-”

Luka would never finish his hail, as a great iron power fist seized him from behind. Brother Captain Longus’ close quarters weapon crushed the grizzled warrior as easily as if he was a bug. The hulking venerable dreadnought moved quietly it seemed, with his great bulk and the background roar of his machine being drowned out first by the chaos of the melee and then the roar of the distant attack. Roaring wordlessly, the dreadnought hosed the battlements with it’s assault cannon, shredding two of Uvech’s men.

With a shout of hate, Uvech responded to the dreadnought with a short burst from his bolter. The armor piercing slugs bounced off and with a laugh Longus said,

“Heretic, you cannot harm me!”

A quiet voice from behind the Captain replied,

“But I can.”

Standing tall again, Assault Marine Luka held in each fist a primed melta charge. Smiling, the battered Marine shrugged off his shattered armor and howled,

“Blood for the Blood God, Death to the False Emperor!”

He charged and detonated his devices just as he slammed into Longus’ weaker rear armor. The resulting explosion was magnificent and as the gloom of dusk returned, Uvech softly whispered,

“Another blow to our former brothers. I wonder how long we can last, killing our own memories?”

Forward for the #Sanc!
SSO For Mod

Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Fumos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fumos » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:51 am

[ FT ]

[ I Remember ]

I
t is a tale almost as old as I am. Something that stretches back to before we took to the stars on our crusade and found ourselves in this accursed place. I know this, for I was so much younger when we mounted our mighty warships and headed away into the night. The story was one I first heard as a young recruit, something that was no secret to those who listened to our elders. How that one day, the Knights on their crusade would come to our world and choose the strongest of us, the most devoted and the cleverest to join their ranks.

I remember seeing them for the first time. I must have been no more than sixteen years of age when they came again, at the end of a brutal and bloody conflict many worlds away. The gleaming white armour, the imposing helms. The Angels of Death. They chose the strongest, the devoted and the intelligent, and they left once more. I never saw those people again. Whatever happened to them, I never found out.

And then they came again. Some five years later, looking for new recruits again. And this time I was amongst those ready to present myself. Standing with my fellows, I watched as the armoured giants perused those present, discussing with each other. Since they had come last, we had all faced something. Something that would test us. I still bore the scar upon my face where the beast had slashed me, but I wore the scars with pride knowing that the beasts' head was my trophy.

He looks at me, red eye-lenses boring into my soul, as if he can see right through me. The giant, clad in a black armour, in contrast to his brothers, looks down on me through the skull-helm. I stare back, awe and defiance in equal measure bolstering my confidence.

'What happened to you, boy?' the giant asks, the vox-link turning his voice into a grated, machine-like noise.

'I battled a Grox, sir.' I reply, trying not to look too proud of gash across my cheek. He leans in closer.

'An adult?' he asks.

'Yes.' I answer, keeping eye contact with the skull-helm's lenses

Under the vox-static, I swear I hear the giant laugh, quietly but heartily. He calls one of his brothers over, and they take me from the group. Later, I find myself flying away from my world.

I do not know that I will never return.

T
hat was almost seven hundred years ago. Seven hundred years, countless lives and now so many worlds away. So many worlds even I do not know how to find my way back home. Our entire crusade has brought us to an unholy place where the Emperor does not see us.

I spend time in the Chapel often. Reading the scripture contained aboard Excaliber. In these dark times, I tell myself it keeps me sane. The scripture speaks of the great crusade that we have striven for, and are now on. And of someone who will eventually lead us out of this crusade in a blaze of glory. But it feels like a punishment, a penance for something we did not commit. And that saviour is no-where to be seen.

I say a short prayer to the Emperor, praying that His light will one day find us. And I thank him, for we Knights are not alone. The fleet of our warships transporting our entire chapter is thankfully joined by one of the largest joint Imperial-Ecclesiarchal fleets ever known to man. And although we are in this most unholy of places, galaxy away from the light with little chance of finding a way back, we continue to do his bidding.

Fumos, that is it's name. Old Terran for Smoke. The world we land on has already seen it's fair share of invaders from our Galaxy. The smouldering ruins of cities showed evidence of plasma impacts and battered anti-grav vehicles. But the owners of these are nowhere to be seen. Upon first inspection, the world was dead.

Now, I stare down into the eyes of it's inhabitants. They know us as the Knights Of Avalon, and they watch with bated breath as I step from my Thunderhawk to review potential recruits. My brothers are with me, but I stand out. The death-mask's eye-lenses bore into the souls of each man willing to commit himself to our war.

And I remember that feeling.
.: The Fortress World Of Fumos :.
Warhammer 40,000-esque Puppet Nation Of Ozymos/Ustio

Fartsniffage wrote:Elvis ain't got shit on that Greatest Hits list.

Abruzi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 am

Education

MT

"Teperʹ klassa, chto yavlyaet·sya osnovoĭRespubliki Abruzi ? "

“Now class, what is the foundation of the Republic of Abruzi?”

The question hung in the classroom for several minutes, none of the young children daring to answer. The room was brightly lit, the walls a special shade of white that prohibited relaxation. Prefabricated and surrounded by Militia Checkpoints and Razor Wire, the Public School Number 0337 was situated some fifteen kilometers from the perimeter walls of the Utopia Shield City; fifteen kilometers from civilization. Gas Mask and Kalash violence was a regular occurrence, and the majority of the children were themselves illegitimate.

They were a rag tag bunch, but they were a community of small children in the only world they had ever known. Each young one had friends, stable social circles, and in many cases a loving family. The normal cliques that could be found in any first world school were completely absent, replaced by a potent “Us or Them” mentality. For the most part, “Us” consisted of the children who had a relatively stable family life, while the “Them” consisted of the outsiders. The outsiders were usually Gas Mask and Kalash children, doomed to a life of violence and an early departure from school.

Teachers were hard to come by in Abruzi, and the teacher of this class was a beautiful looking woman who’s name was Sarah. She had come from some modern nation that had taken pity upon the destitute kids from the former Neo Bolshevist Union. Her body curved in all the correct ways and she was forced to live on the school campus for fear of rape. She was friendly and the children loved her; so out of kindness she asked the question a second time with a very kindly tone.

Bravely, one of the children raised their hands and replied,

" Svoboda?"

“Freedom?”

Sarah smiled, showing off her pearly straight teeth and replied;

" Ochenʹ horosho, noidyealimya ... ".

“Very good, but the ideal has a name….”

A second child said,

" Schastʹe?"

“Happiness?”

Again the teacher said,

" Horosho, no ne tiho ..."

“Good, but not quite….”

From the back of the room a slightly larger hand slowly rose. The school consisted of three room, one of which was home to all twelve grade levels though it was rare for a student to be in school past seventh grade. The child, no, man; in the back of the room was slated for City access it was whispered. He had a natural charisma that had allowed him to convince the Gas Mask and Kalash thugs to leave him be, and he was easily the brightest of the pupils in the class. With a slight pause Sarah nodded and said,

" Da, g-n Ulanov ? "

“Yes Mr. Ulanov?”

The student stood and said,

"IdyealyRespubliki Abruzi luchshe opredelitʹ kak demokraticheskogo tsentralizma . Idyeologiya, kotoraya stavit yego nemnogo vpravo po bolʹshinstvu voprosov. Eto sushchestvenno povliyalo naidyealahKonglomerat Natsiĭ, kotorye pristupil k vypolneniyu obyazannostyeĭ , chtoby osvoboditʹvoennyĭ Respubliki , chtoby vysleditʹumirayut Neo Insurgency bolʹshevist·skoĭ v selʹskoĭ mestnosti ".

“The ideals of the Republic of Abruzi are best defined as Democratic Centralism. An ideology that places it slightly to the right on the majority of issues. It is considerably influenced by the ideals of the Conglomerate Nations that have assumed duties to free up the Military of the Republic to hunt down the dying Neo Bolshevist Insurgency in the countryside.”

Sarah smiled and said,

" Ochenʹ horosho. Klass , prinimatʹ eto blizko k serdtsu ,idyealy Abruzi yavlyayut·sya demokraticheskogo tsentralizma ".

“Very good. Class, take this to heart, the ideals of Abruzi are democratic centralism.”

Mikhail Ulanov slowly herded his younger students into the largest of the three schoolhouse rooms, the cafeteria. The children were an unruly lot, and it took him several tries to lead them into the room in a quiet and orderly manner. Once they had all been seated and given a tasteless patty of synthesized meat, Mikhail himself sat down to eat. He had just finished his own patty when his teacher Sarah sat down timidly across from him. Offering him a smile, she awkwardly said,

" Horoshiĭ denʹ segodnya? "

“Nice day today?”

Mikhail smiled at her poor Abruzian, replying,

" YA ne videlsolntsa v techenie trinadtsati let. Segodnya nichem ne otlichaet·sya ot zavtra ili vchera. "

“I have not seen the sun in over thirteen years. Today is no different from tomorrow or yesterday.”

His “teacher” was only one or two years older than him, one of those Peace Corps types who went abroad as soon as possible to find themselves. The look she wore was one of rejection, he had quiet clearly stopped her clumsy advance. Taking pity, Mikhail quietly said,

" Vy vyglyadite ochenʹ krasivaya segodnya".

“You look very pretty today.”

Sarah smiled and timidly said,

" Spasibo".

“Thank you.”

The rest of the lunch period they ate in silence.

The class ended at approximately five o’clock in the afternoon every day. The children filed out and made the best possible speed to their little slum shacks, taking shelter from the impending storm that was night. Nighttime in the Slums was a violent time, a chaotic time when the Gas Mask and Kalash Men killed, fought, and fucked in that order. All the children ran, all of them; the tough and the weak. The only one who stayed on after hours to help Sarah clean the classroom, was Mikhail.

It was a daily ritual, the two cleaned up the messes caused by a full day of school. Sarah and Mikhail flirted casually and occasionally exchanged a gentle kiss. Mikhail deliberately kept himself mysterious enough for Sarah to hunger for more, he almost goaded her into wanting him. Today, he broke the ritual.

They were slowly erasing the cracked blackboard when he quietly said,

" Hoteli by Vy poĭti vypitʹ ? "

“Would you like to go get a drink?”

Sarah smiled, and shyly replied,

"Konechno".

“Sure.”

The bar was a dingy place that was surrounded by a thong of Gas Mask and Kalash men. The haze of smoke was heavy enough that the gasmasks the thugs wore were for once, justified. They turned slowly as Mikhail and Sarah approached, raising Kalashnikovs. Mikhail merely raised a hand in greeting and the mod spread aside, moving to allow him entry unmolested. He smiled to them as he passed, savoring the mixed looks of fear and false bravado that glared out from behind the eye pieces of their masks.
When they entered, the bar fell silent for a few minutes until the noise resumed slowly.

They made their way though the tight corridor between tables and sat in an isolated corner booth. A thin greasy film coated the chairs and table, rubbing off as Mikhail slowly slid his hand across it. Smiling he gestured for Sarah to sit before diving back into the crowds. He returned ten minutes later with two potent drinks in his hands which he set on the table. Sliding one over to Sarah, Mikhail opened the conversation with,

" Tak ... kak dela? "

“So…how are things?”

Sarah smiled coyly and replied,

"Vse horosho ... ".

“Things…are well.”

The rest of the night passed in a pleasant haze brought on by the alcohol. As the two left, Sarah knew that she was a very happy girl.

Sarah couldn’t quite remember how she ended up in Mikhail’s small room in a dingy looking apartment complex. She couldn’t remember how her clothes had come off and exactly how long they had made love. She really didn’t remember if they had indeed made love at all. All she knew, was that she was naked, tied up, and laying next to a very awake Mikhail. This was the first time she saw his chest and body, surprised to find that it was coated with tattoos of cathedrals and ornate symbols. Standing apart from it all however was a stenciled, “MCCR”. As if sensing her attention to his tat, Mikhail smiled and slowly said in English,

“Ministry of Contentment, Commissariat of Revolution.”

Her eyes widened suddenly and Mikhail only smiled. She tried to speak but found that she had a gag tied firmly around her mouth. Nodding, Mikhail continued in English,

“You fucking foreigners, coming into the Neo Bolshevist Union to 'help' us. You worms, your little pathetic worms think that your are doing some good, that you are something more than trash that infests my country like a fucking plague! You corrupt our children with your Democratic bullshit. Yet you all fail to remember how valiantly the Neo Bolshevist Union fought to defend the Conglomerate. You fucking forget that we fought to maintain our Union of Freeborn Republics!”

He rose, his naked body suddenly revealing more devotional tattoos as well as a host of scars. Gesturing to the shadows, he continued with,

“We fought and died for the fucking Azurans, we fought and died for the fucking Brewdomians, we fought and died for the fucking Mians, we fought and died for the fucking Variants, and how do you repay us? Instead of coming to the aid of the legitimate and rightful government, you establish armed enclaves and spread your own pathetic ideology. Well you know what? Fuck you.”

Drawing a wickedly curved blade, Mikhail slowly cut Sarah’s bonds. Just as she was free, he grabbed onto her and whispered,

“You know who I am now, and I know you. Spread the words of the Otet and Siloviki. Teach Neo Bolshevism. Or I will kill you and the children. If you turn me over to the fucking Collaborators, my friends from the club will kill not only you, the children, and the children's families, but we will find out who you are and give an order to our over seas assets. Say goodbye to your family.”

Looking into his eyes, Sarah knew that he meant every word.

The class was quiet, hushed by the unspoken words of their teacher. Her eyes betrayed a fear that had not been there before and her body language betrayed a lack of confidence that was alien to the adoring children. She had just copied today’s plans onto the board when from the back of the room a lone hand was raised. She knew who it was even before looking, and she knew what he would ask. Gesturing at Mikhail, Sarah gave him leave to ask his question. With a small smile, the Ministry man slowly asked,

" Chto takoepoliticheskaya idyeologiya Abruzi Sara ? YA zabyl."

“What is the political ideology of Abruzi Sarah? I have forgotten.”

Sarah swallowed and timidly replied,

"Politicheskaya idyeologiya Abruzi yavlyaet·syaNeo Idyealʹno bolʹshevist·skoĭ , v sootvet·stvii s kotorymstrana dobilasʹ bolʹshih ".

“The political ideology of Abruzi is the Neo Bolshevist Ideal, under which the country was made great.”

The children looked back and forth in confusion, but from the back of the classroom Mikhail quiet shouted in English, a language that none of the other students had even heard;

“Forward for the State, Comrade?”

Sarah looked at the floor and quietly replied,

"Forward for the State."
Last edited by Abruzi on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Forward for the #Sanc!
SSO For Mod

Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Abruzi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 am

Home Again

MT

The fire crackles gently in the night, illuminating only a very small area and casting mysterious shadows across the lone man who sits beside it. In the distance a wolf or some similar beast howls, answered in kind by at least a dozen of it’s fellows. Far in the distance the rough cough of artillery and the whine of military aircraft are just audible over the crackle of the flames, the flames that illuminate so very little. Moon and stars gaze down upon this lone traveler, casting their own illumination across him as if to mock his petty fire. The figure does not respond to mother nature’s jeer, he does not react to the howl of the wolves, in truth he hardly hears them. Instead, he slowly runs a hand across his face caressing his weary mind as much as his rubberized skin.

Something stirs in the undergrowth near his camp, the figure responds only with a slight nod. Running his hands along the small patch that said, “Уголовный отдел 74602” (Penal Division 74602) he allowed himself a moment of reminiscence. So many Comrades lost, so many friends brutalized before his eyes by either the Commissars, the Ministry of Contentment, or the enemy. A victim, perhaps the first victim, of the Penal Division days had been his personality, and he knew it. It was hell, he had concluded early on, it was hell. In hell, a man had everything taken from him, in the Penal Division he had even lost his name. Both those few Comrades who survived somewhere out in the wastes, and the man himself knew that his only label other than “Comrade” was “8436”.

8436, a simple Party issued number that had come to not only label but also define the man. The simple numbers, recognizable by any culture contained the essence of over ten years of hatred, of bloodlust, of indescribable pain. Of his previous life he remembered very little, he knew that at some point he had lived in an apartment complex in Utopia, he knew that he had had friends, he knew that for some reason he was looking for someone…or maybe it was something. All he knew was that the purpose for his continued existence, the purpose of 8436 was to find another number, 2734. For what or why, 8436 did not consciously know, but he knew that in his heart of hearts he could not rest until he had located 2734.

The bush rattled again, someone or some beast trying hard to stealthily edge closer. It was probably a mutant, some kind of predator that even now gazed upon the seemingly oblivious man, or perhaps it was one of The Contented hoping to snag another man to throw back into the system. Unseen by them, 8436 was gently unbuckling his pistol’s holster, caressing the Nagant Revolver that he kept by his side at all times. There was a final shake of the bush, a final little movement that was followed up with a low and ominous growl. In response, the man swiftly pulled his pistol and in one fluid motion fired four rounds into the bush at varying heights. Rising slowly, he kept the gun raised as he searched around with his left hand.

After several seconds of searching, he grabbed hold of what appeared to be the corpse of some Pseudo-Wolf. Dragging the balding beast out from the bush, he calmly thrust his barrel into the thing’s eye and fired a final round that obliterated the animal’s brains. Sitting heavily next to the corpse, 8436 regarded his final round. Did he have the courage to place it just below his mouth? Did he have the courage to end himself, in the name of preserving his sanity which was already worn so thin? Slowly lowering the gun, 8436 determined he did not. Sliding the revolver back into his holster, the lone man returned to his fire and grabbed hold of his rifle.

The battered Kalashnikov AK-74M was his only valuable possession, and it was the only thing that comforted him. It was something about the curves, about the glint of the moon on it’s stock. Light, reflection, they reminded him of a time when he could smell, when he could hear properly, when his skin was not rubberized but proper skin. Running his free hand along the scar line that marked where his mask had been melted then pressed to his face, he came very close to tears. It had been so long! So long since he had eaten without the use of a direct nutrient and paste injection into his stomach via the surgically emplaced receptacle. So long since he had smiled, or felt the breeze on his proper face. His lenses, they obscured more than just the details of his peripheral vision, they concealed the window to his soul, they concealed the only evidence that he had a soul anymore.

Perhaps he did not have a soul? Perhaps no one did after the blast? Most of the Neo Bolshevist Union was scorched wasteland, who’s to say that Heaven, Hell, and Purgator had not also been atomized? The Gospodar Lubanja supposedly remained with his people, or at least that was what the Divisional Chaplain had said before he was butchered by the angry remnants of the Division. Who was he to say this though? The Lubanja surely had abandoned 8436, so who was to say he had not left all of his children behind? Shaking his head again, the lone man determined that the point was moot. He was alone in what surely was the Ochagi Dead Zone, he had not seen another sane person for weeks, and the fucking mask was still on his face.

Hating himself, hating the State, hating the world, the lone man slowly closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. If another mutant wanted to slay him in the night, then 8436 hoped that the beast would have the decency to cut off his mask before he died.

It was cold in Utopia, it was always cold. Ash and rain fell in equal measure, the ash from the massive radioactive ruins that marked where the city’s world famous industry once stood. He did not know why he had come back here. It had been weeks since the Pseudo Wolf in the night, and in that time he had just trudged west; as if pulled by some force that he could not control. The slums had arisen where once stood Worker and Proletarian housing, the occupants largely the same people or immigrants from other parts of the Land of Socialism and Eternal Bliss.

Echoes from his past life flickered in and out, shadows of buildings stood where only shanty shacks or blasted ruins towered. Gas Mask and Kalash men walked through rapidly dissipating memory-ghosts of Ministry of Contentment men, and at one point a gaggle of former Red Army men walked exactly where a recruitment procession had once marched. 8436 was sick, sick of not only his mask and life in general, but physically sick. He needed shelter, somewhere where he could rest and collect the broken fragments of his mind. He felt close now, close to 2734, close to destiny.

Passing by small groups of Gas Mask and Kalash men and youths, he stumbled into a small schoolyard where he saw two people diligently wiping away the remnants of a lesson on a chalk board. The women was pretty, young and sweet looking. Her slightly darker skin and wider frame marked her as a foreigner, while the man was a classic Abruzian. The women could not see, but 8436 was watching them. They appeared normal, until the man leaned over, 8436 saw the mark, the small scar at the base of the neck where a miniscule brand was set. The man was Ministry, the man was Ministry and if he saw 8436, he would be damned to returning to the System. Turning quickly, he walked rapidly away from the school and continued on; deeper into the slums.

Instinctively, his feet pulled him to the south. Angrier and more violent Gas Mask and Kalash men were walking on both sides of him, yet they did not react to his presence. Perhaps it was the obvious way he held his rifle, or perhaps it was the horrendous scarring around the melt-marks. Either way he was allowed to travel unmolested. The shanties grew thicker, more populated until finally he emerged onto a building that stood tall and proud where the others shrank and hid. A battered sign marked it as the,

"Центр Товарищи!" (Center for Comrades)

8436 stood uncertainly outside of it, the guards that patrolled it mixing and flashing in and out of focus. Amongst them walked the overcoat clad ghosts of a few Ministry men, men that had nodded to him, men that had allowed him to go home. Home…what was home? Where was home? Did he live here? As soon as he asked the question a small and timid voice whispered, “No.” Turning slowly, 8436 gazed down upon a child, a child that like the ghosts shimmered in and out of reality and focus. The lone man was surely sick, surely insane, yet the child’s image was so familiar, almost comforting. As if to quiet his unspoken thoughts, the child raised a tender hand and took 8436’s.

Leading him through the ruins, the child did not speak. Instead he stopped before an abandoned and quiet derelict ruin. A few shanties were constructed around and inside of it, but the occupants were either out, asleep, or dead. Utter silence crashed in on 8436, utter silence in the midst of the largest and most chaotic slum in all of Abruzi if not the world. Pulling him onwards after a moment’s reflection, the Child pushed aside a mighty pile of junk to reveal a narrow staircase. 8436 ascended of his own accord, the child now following him. It was so familiar! Echoes of the past quietly reminding him that this was not the first time he had been here. He finally came out into a small room, molded papers and a rotting desk sat against a cracked window. Not quiet understanding, 8436 walked over to the desk slowly and sat in a chair that squeaked suggestively. The squeak, it was as familiar as the room! Surrendering to muscle memory, he reached into the recesses of the desk’s slide out drawer and pulled out an old intercom.

Why was he here?! What did this mean? Raising it to his lips, his hands trembling, 8436 went to say something into it, something that he felt would shatter and reform him, and yet he was stopped by his face. The fucking mask, the fucking rubberized mask had robbed him of his speech! Throwing the microphone down, 8436 turned to regard the immaterial child but instead saw only a skeleton. Displayed prominently behind the previously unnoticed remains was a sign that read,

“Хорошая работа рада Товарищи работы завода Силовики Мемориал золамер 032453!”
Good work is happy work Comrades of the Siloviki Memorial Factory No. 032453!

Siloviki Memorial Factory No. 032453.…was that here? Did it mean something? 8463 did not know. He did not know anything anymore. Was he real? Was this place real? Was he dead in the woods outside of Ochagi? He began to question his sanity, then the child returned and quieted his fear. Like an aurora of benevolence he silenced the dissenting voices in the man’s head. Taking his hand again, 8463 was led out of the factory and back into the ruins. Heading east, he passed Gas Mask and Kalash men again, silently fearing their ominous looking clubs or hideouts.

The child was silent, 8463 could not speak, together they passed through the waves of insanity and depression that it seemed only the pair could detect. They came off of those around them, washing over them like the waves of the surely corrupted oceans. The silent pair marched onwards. Yet within seconds of 8463 resigning himself to not asking questions they stopped. Before them stood a building that was pockmarked by warfare but recognizable as an apartment complex. Towering over the left side of the street, it seemed to shout to 8463, “Here is your end.”

Once again he surrendered to the ghosts of the past that flickered all around, allowing the ghost bus to nearly clip him as he jogged across the ruin covered street. He stood before the doorway and for some reason cracked a smile beneath his thrice cursed Gas Mask. Turning his head to make sure the ghosts of the Ministry of Contentment men who were surely watching could see that he was happy and content, he reached into the breast pocket of his fatigues and drew out a set of shimmering keys. Hunting for the right one, he turned it slowly in the door that was laying shattered upon the ground and quietly deposited his jacket on a hook that did not exist. Before his eyes however another man came upon him and took it, muttering some nonsense about smoking together after his shift at the factory that was now in ruins.

His mind in a haze, 8463 wearily walked into the remains of what once must have been a kitchen and felt a rush of warmth race to his heart. Before him stood a battered stove and a dented pot that for some reason he was sure once contained a thin potato soup. He tried to see into it, but his lenses, the fucking lenses were reflecting just so that the shadows were impenetrable. Suddenly, a thought popped unbidden into his mind,

"Я должен обеспечить внутренний паспорт движения, чтобы увидеть Храм революции на следующей неделе."
“I must secure an internal movement passport to see the Shrine of the Revolution next week.”

What did that mean? Why did that occur to him just after he looked at the pot?! Where was he? Almost as soon as he asked the final question the child returned to softly whisper in his ear,

"Квартира 000023424.”
“Apartment 000023424.”

Again the ghosts of the past came flooding in, unknown people chatting with him. Compelled upwards he paused to glance in on a recreation room that was now a molding ruin. A broken telescreen dominated the far wall, an image of a masculine youth forever muttering that it was 4:00 in the afternoon. A shattered table and a deck of cards thrown upon the ground pulled at things just beyond 8463’s consciousness. Why was he here? The child reappeared to softly say,

“Старый товарищ Пролетарская работа по дому для нее Братский Братьев"
“Old Comrade Proletarian doing housework for her Fraternal Brothers”

Was this a game? In that second he knew that it was a game, a game he played a lot of. Or at least he thought he played a lot of it. Moving to sit, he suddenly turned slowly and continued up to what once must’ve been a bunk room. An unknown force compelled him to sit heavily upon the bead, which he did with a soft sigh. He reached below, motivated by the unknown force as much as by some inner force; his fingers grasping a bit of yellowed paper. With a slight shiver he raised it to his head and tried to make out what it said. The words were unreadable save the final phrase,

"Я люблю тебя".
“I love you.”

Shuddering, 8463 fought, he fought harder than he had in the retreat from Unity, harder than the forced march through the nuclear marshes, he fought not foreigners or anarchists, but his own mind. He was so close, so close to freedom, if only he could take off this mask! This fucking mask! This mask that symbolized not only the domination of his mind but his very soul. He hoped that the child would come, he always quieted the rising insanity, but as soon as he hoped he knew it would not be. Instead of a child, there was a simple feeling, a magnetic pull or urge that forced his mask covered head to turn to the left. Against that wall sat an age blackened skeletal figure. Sheltered from the elements and the looters, the body displayed a bit of name tape that read,

“Ivana 2734”

2734.…it was her. Why was she important…wh-….he remembered. 8463 remembered the days at the factory, the playing of cards with his friends Illium and Yuri. He remembered the thin potato soup and the trip to the Center for Comrades. He remembered his lost lover who it seemed had returned to find him then finally he remembered his lost son, given over to the system that had placed the fucking mask upon his head. The child, that was his son the day before they had sent him to the State, to the schools that would supposedly teach him and raise him. That was the final piece of the family he had lost. As if called the child returned and quietly said,

"Отец, добро пожаловать в ваш новый дом."
“Father, welcome to your new home.”

8463 slowly pulled out his Kalashnikov’s bayonet and painfully thrust it up through the melt-scars. Dragging it across his face he suffered unimaginable agony but in the end finally managed to cut off his mask. The battered thing fell to the floor with a soft bump that was the voice of destiny. Slowly, ever so slowly 8463 drew his Revolver, smiling at the final round. Placing an arm around the skeletal remains of his lover Ivana, he smiled to the ghostly image of his son and said,

"Это всегда было моим домом".
“This was always my home.”

Outside of some blasted Apartment ruin, former Ministry of Contentment Penal Division Liaison Uvech 101197 was startled out of his uneasy sleep by a lone gunshot. With it came a dread sense that finally, a lost soul had gone home.

Forward for the #Sanc!
SSO For Mod

Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents