NATION

PASSWORD

Rise of a Phoenix [MT/PMT | Semi-Open | IC Thread Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Rise of a Phoenix [MT/PMT | Semi-Open | IC Thread Only]

Postby Kylarnatia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Rise of a Phoenix

The Winter Palace, The Ancient Capital of Krytopia
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia
الامبراطورية القديمة Kylarnatia
7:25am | GMT + 2
Imperial Study | Character(s): Princess Silvier

[Part I]

[Spreading of the Ashes]

"At the death of the monarch, the bells in Krytopia shall ring, the candles will be lit, the people will mourn and prepare. It will be the end of an era as said monarchs ashes will pile up, though out from them will hopefully cast out the phoenix - their heir. Their child. Their joy. The countries new hope..."
- On Kylarnatia, by Dr. Alex Fox

Princess Silvier, soon to be Tsarina Silvier IV, stood on the balcony outside what would soon be her Imperial Study. Hand on her 'baby lump', as it was nicknamed, she sighed as she looked out onto the very early morning horizon, the last streams of starlight fading away into the morning. Krytopia, the capital of Kylarnatia, had been at buzz all night, with some business and general visitors, though mainly in grief, as she had been in the past few days. Both her father and mother, Tsar Kain II and Empress Eadion, died in action in the city of Bad Sirau after, Eadion was shot down and Kain put his life in for somebody elses. It was definatly a shock to everyone, literally everyone, that they both died at once, even though the battle was a very successful strategic victory for both Kylarnatia and its ally, Aquilinia.

Candles were lit in every window, as was the belief, that they would shine the way for Kain and Eadion to heaven. This, among with many other ceremonial acts, would go along with the funeral of both of them, who would be buried in a dual coffin together, to prehaps symbolise togetherness; or perhaps just because it was a way to save money and ground space. People flocked to the tall golden gates of the Winter Palace, named so because it was finished during the coldest winter in Kylarnatian History at the time, which was infact, only -1oC. Though to them, in the usually sweltering heat, it was pretty cold to them at the time. Now people, due to extensive travel and so on, were more able to cope with all types of climates, though visitors here still didn't seem ready to get use to theirs.

The tourists and citizens alike looked up to the future Tsarina on the balcony, chanting up to her modest sorrys and so on, as some threw a variety of flowers through the gates. Ceremonial Units of Empress Dragoons, Horseback Units, were deployed outside the palace in formation, their blades lowered, though their backs stiff and faces looking outright, though the ceremonial helmets slightly went over their viewline. The horses, huge white stallions which were three times the size of a regular horse, stood silently also, making almost no noise apart from the one or two times they stamped their front hoofs, as if there was something stuck or they were just getting tetchy, but it was more or less just a usual thing they did; the two suggestions neither being the answer. It was just another pointless query in life, though that never meant it couldn't be questioned or had to be a dull thing. Infact, it could be quite amusing to the intreped thinker.

Silvier continued to stand there and think herself, as to what she was going to do. The Pervisional Government had been summoned in the Imperial Court, as it always had done after a monarchs death, and would follow her fathers ideals still until she was crowned. However, the time had been extended because of her pregnancy, so she wouldn't be coronated until she had given birth, which was almost two months away. This would mean that it'd be the longest time the Pervisional Government would be in power, though that wasn't as if it was a bad thing. Silvier could still override any of their decisions, though she probably wouldn't. All this time would probably be dedicated to the creation of her ideals, as she never thought her fathers death would come so fast. True, he had taught her how the country works and how to run it, and everything else important to her soon to be role; but she still didn't have any ideas of her own. It was going to be a rough two months ahead of her, not including the stress of the birthing.

A light knock came from the door. Turning around to face it, Silvier walked over, passing the drinks cabinet that held all traditional drinks and alchols, along with her fathers favourites. She also passed the tall bookcases, that held row apon row of books, mainly based around history and sociology, including the compulsory written memoirs of past monarchs, now including her fathers which would soon be released to the public. Though all these shelfs were drawfed compared to those held in the Winter Palaces Library. Opening the door, she came to see Lord Fredrick Constantine, with his short grey hair and black-suit with bowtie. He was her fathers former advisor, and therefore head of the current Provisional Government, but he was also a member of the Sphinx Order. With him was Pope Julius XX, Head of the Kylarnatian Orthodox Church, in his simple preist robes. He would be conducting the funeral at the Grand Kylarnatian Orthodox Church in the Capital Complex of the capital, not far from the Winter Palace.

Silvier, slightly grogged by their apperance as she wasn't in the mood for any business, allowed them in none the less, both of them bowing honourably as they stepped in, Silvier closing the door softly behind them all as she made her way back to the balcony to continue with her fresh air moment, the other two following her like sheep. Ignoring them for a moment, she looked out onto the crowd again, some of them showing their Orthodox crosses as Pope Julius appeared, but he generally took no notice of them either as he and Lord Fredrick kept their eyes on the Princess, who eventually turned to them with a slightly stern face, something that wasn't usually written across her. They lowered their heads in respect for a moment before sharing looks with each other, then looking back to her as Lord Fredrick eventually spoke on behalf of both of them.

"Your Highness, we both know this is a very difficult and trying time for you and in some cases it will get harder, but these issues must be dealt with. Now, I know you're probably sick of seeing us already due to all the preperation we had to do together, but there's one last issue we must discuss..." Lord Constantine spoke in a low and shallow voice, something he always had. Pope Julius simply nodded to her, as if he agreed with what Lord Constantine was saying to her. Looking over both men, Silvier mused as she turned her attention back out onto the city for a moment before looking back to them, rolling her eyes but pulling a faint smile in the process. "Go on, what is it?"

"Well, Ma'am, it is generally just the case of who shall be attending from the international community, and if they will be able to access your parents during their...lying in state at the far end of the Winter Palace, if they wish to speak quietly with them one las time; if it is their wish. There's also the matter if any wish to make any words at the official ceremony, as I'm sure both your parents had a positive impact on the international community at best..." Now Pope Julius spoke, his voice high-pitched and somewhat annoying, though amazingly it bellowed whenever he spoke inside the Grand Orthodox Church, with no particular reason in Silviers opinion. She sighed, waving her hand to them as if to move them out the way as she moved over to her future desk, pulling out a pen and a scarp piece of paper from the 'scrap draw', a designated draw from her fathers time, and began to jot some names down. Lord Fredrick and Pope Julius continuously peered over her shoulder, trying to see what she was writing, when she was finished, she pushed it into Fredricks chest, looking into the eyes of both men with a slightly tired and annoyed look.

"There. I'm sure that'll direct you in the right direction. Now you two are to write the letter, as I'm in no position to do so with all that has come apon me. I entrust you to be able to carry this out, as you were both capable of many things under my fathers reign and you never disappointed him. Therefore, don't disappoint me..." They all nodded to each other as Silvier quickly waved the gentlemen out the door, who looked to the piece of paper, nodding at one or two of the names in agreement of their overall attendence, then left together to go and make out the communique.

To: The desired guests and dignatories assigned
From: The Honourary Lord Fredrick Constantine and Pope Julius XX the Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia
Encryption: SECURE

To whom it may concern,

As we're sure you're well aware of, or atleast some of you by now, both Tsar Kain II and Empress Eadion, have been sadly, shot down in action whilst in combat on the island of Sirius. Therefore, their funeral will be carried out all in one, and they shall be buried together in a dual coffin in the next two days. Now, most things have been prepared and set, though there's one last thing that has to be finished, which is why you're recieving this communique now.

You've been selected by Her Imperial Highness, Princess Silvier Catherine Hyuga to attend the funeral, unless you wish not to. If you do decide to attend, you may also be added to the attendence list for her coronation in two months time, unless if you state that you don't want to attend it, even if you attend this. Those of you that will be attending, please firstly confirm to us through a decent reply, and then please follow the next step of arriving in Krytopia either by plane at the Krytopia Imperial Airfield or by boat at the Krytopia Outer-Capital Docks. We ask that NO armed person(s) come with you, as security shall be our priority. We also reccomend you bring some suitable attire for the various times of day, including some sleeping ware, as you wil be staying at the Winter Palace for a night. Other attire includes clothes for the funeral, and perhaps more 'loose' clothes whilst you're in and around the palace or any privately owned monarchy building, or perhaps when you wish to go about the capital, on the eve of the funeral when you arrive.

We'd also like to ask that any of you notify us, if perhaps, you wish to go and visit the deceased couple in their lying in state or if you wish to say any words on the official day. We've already predicted some of you who may wish to do this, though we would like official confirmation from yourselves. Words on the day are not limited, aslong as they are suitable and just. We shall insist we read your prepared maniurscripts on the eve of the funeral, unless some of the setencing is sensitive to you until the day, which in the case we will trust you. However, that is only with the certain few this country knows well, those who we don't will be checked regardless, for obvious reasons. Though anyone is open to say anything, if they wish.

Please respond as soon as possible to make your reservation, though the appropriate numbers have been set out so all you on the list can attend if you all wish to. Those who choose to give up their seats shall have them donated to other international leaders/groups who wish to attend, or V.I.Ps, or the general public if neccassary. Regardless, all seats shall be filled.

Thank you, and God Bless,

The Honourable Lord Fredrick Constantine
Former High Advisor to the Ancient Caesar of the Imperium Antiquus Tsar Kain II of The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia, Head of the Pervisional Government, Speaker in the Imperial Court, Cheif Cashier of the Imperial Bank of Kylarnatia, Aid of Kylarnatian Imperial Foreign Affairs, 1st High General of the Kylarnatian Imperial Army, Follower of the Kylarnatian Orthodox Faith.

His Holiness Pope Julius XX
Holy Father of the Kylarnatian Orthodox Faith, Head of the Spiritual Council, Former Spiritual Advisor to the Ancient Caesar of the Imperium Antiquus Tsar Kain II of the Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia, Brother of the Divine Chapel, Overseer of the Sisterhood of Kylarnatian Grand Orthodox Nuns, Patron to the Kylarnatian Red Cross and many other charities, Preacher of Almighty God and the Heavens.
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Crontor
Minister

Founded: Jun 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crontor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Crontor;
Columbia Province;
Vienna;
Crontorian Federal Building:

"It is getting hard to work in here," remarked Crontorian President Christian Cranico, as he looked solemnly out the window of the presidential office out onto the plaza below. At this point, like so many other points in Crontorian history, the plaza was filled to the brim with protestors of every and all parties, as they paraded their posters and slogans in front of the Federal Building. Across the plaza, more than a kilometer away, sat the black glass mostrosity that served as the headquarters for the Crontorian Armed Forces. Gleaming in the midday sun, the Crontorian Military Pyramid was also facing these protestors, taking the guise of a castle under siege, as Crontorian Federal Military Police situated themselves in a ring around the building.

Cranico turned back to the occupants of his expansive and lavishly decorated office. His wife, Katie, sat sniffling on the black leather sofa in front of his desk, holding a picture of Tsar Kain and his wife Eadion. Beside her was Minister of State Alan Suderity, who was typing furiously on a laptop and generally ignoring everyone else in the room. Supreme Commander Rockepeller, who stood in the corner of the office, observing a hanging Crontorian flag, was the only one to take notice of Cranico's remark.

"Yes Cranico, and I am the one who will have to head back across the plaza in about 20 minutes. It is not easy, who knows if any of those nut cases has some sort of SAM weapon to shoot down my helicopter."

"Your too paranoid," responded Cranico, chuckling as he took a seat at his majestically carved oak desk, "lighten up a bit and that will be less of a risk."

Rockepeller rolled his eyes, and went back to what he was doing, as Minister Suderity turned to face Cranico, but before he could speak the sound of sirens met the ears of all those in the office. Peering through the windows of the Federal Building, the group could see a row of vans marked CRSU roll into the plaza right in front of the federal building. As soon as each truck ground to a halt, streams of riot police outfitted with shields and clubs made their way out of their respective trucks before moving in on the increasingly violent protestors.

Cranico pulled the shades closed, as the sounds of screaming began to permeate the air. Rockepeller smirked a bit upon seeing the riot police enter, but a quick glare from Suderity sent him back to his corner. Katie, who after seeing the riot police began wailing, gathered her box of tissues and stormed out of the office, leaving Cranico to shake his head in dissapointment and return to his desk.

"Kain would have given us quite a bit of shit for that, right Cranico?" teased Rockepeller. He ignored another death stare from Suderity as he walked up to Cranico at his desk, "This provisional government shouldn't be much of a threat...I mean, when has one ever worked, and Kain's daughter, this Silvier, I highly doubt she will be able to stand up to the rigors of holding such an important position in the region."

"What are you sugguesting Rockepeller?" yawned Cranico as he pretended to look un-interested.

"I am sugguesting nothing, merely saying that we shouldn't expect that much flak from up north when we crush these protests, well, not all the protests, just the parties deemed...questionable. The three parties in power are fine, why elect reformers when the nation is fine as it is?"

"It's not fine," replied a now annoyed Cranico, "the value of the Credit has dropped significantly, our GDP has dropped, average income has dropped, and above all else, revenue has dropped. We are in the middle of an economic slump, and even this government's pass successes aren't going to save us. Face it, the more radical parties are gaining steam."

"If you two are done bitching, can you sign this communique to Kylarnatia?" asked Suderity, quickly looking away from the two as Rockepeller went and ripped the laptop out of his hands.

RE: Funeral And Attendance At Said Funeral

Dear Friends;

First off, let us say that the entire nation of Crontor was deeply saddened by the news of the deaths of Kain and Eadion, and a candle light vigil was held attended by millions of citizens and our government. The leadership of the Imperial Federation will be attending both the funeral and coronation if that is at all possible.

Supreme Commander Rockepeller, President Christian Cranico, and his wife Katie Cranico will be arriving at Krytopia Imperial Airfield shortly. They have expressed a desire to visit the couple in their lying state, as they feel that a more personal good bye is needed for such good friends of the Imperial Federation.

We look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Signed;

President Christian Cranico

Supreme Commander Rockepeller
Last edited by Crontor on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yustonian SSR
Attaché

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yustonian SSR » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Tsar Jacksov I looked at the letter that had been sent out by the Kylarnartian Lord, yes it was very sad but his Defense Minister did not trust the stability of the region. Nevertheless he still felt that it would be respectful to attend the funeral as a result of paying their respects to the great Tsar and his wife. The death nearly made him think about himself, even though he did not have a wife he would make sure that this would not happen to him.

The two royals being shot fatally only contributed to the idea that war could tear families apart even if they were all on the same side, as asked he pulled out paper and began writing a communique to offer proper condolences to the family. Or maybe not he thought. If he knew anything about funerals the family does not want to hear about it at that moment and a few months after. But he sent a letter anyway.

][align=center]Image
Tsari Empire of Yustonia

Origin: Tsar Jacksov I
Recipient: The Honourable Lord Fredrick Constantine
Encryption: Open

Dear Sir,

Hello and let me introduce myself, I am Tsar Jacksov of Yustonia and I have recieved your letter and wish to R.S.V.P. Also pass my condoloences along to the Imperial Family for the death of a family member is indeed as sad time, I also wish to speak during the funeral and I will send the manuscript along threw telegram. Again, I am heartily sorry for the deaths of the two Royals.

Sincerely,
Jacksov I
Tsar of Yustonia
MT/PMT:Yustonian Bastion of Milograd
FT: Yustonian Galactic Empire

Tsar Jacksov I
Sovereign of Yustonia

Oterro
-The Official God of NS General Sarcasm

I prefer that everyone I rp with is decent

I Like Little Girls
Secretary

Founded: Jan 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby I Like Little Girls » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:06 pm

~ ~ snip
Last edited by I Like Little Girls on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Braaains.

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 am

tagged for now until I find the time to write a post
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

Bladian Imperium Embassy Program

Aquilinia
Senator

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 am

Schloss Salzburg
Neustadt
Aquilinia

It had been only a few days since Empress Felicia had returned from Sirius, but she was already back at work. Earlier in the morning, a kybernetics expert had come to measure her remaining left hand as well as the remains of her right wrist, so a fitting, fully functional prosthesis could be made within a week or so. Until then, she would have to make do with a temporary prostesis that had almost no functionality at all. Nevertheless, she was back at work.

News of the Tsar's death had hit Aquilinia hard. Kain had been one of the closest friends of the Empress, and had given his life for both her and a childhood friend of hers, Grand Admiral Violette de Lune. While everyone was working to bring the county back to peacetime operation after the end of the Civil War, Violette had disappeared. Rumours had it that she was out at sea with her partner Katharina, to spend some time on her own. She had told Felicia that she would not attend Kain's funeral, not out of lack of respect, but because she felt she wouldn't be able to handle it. After all, Kain had thrown himself between her and the gun of a madman, sacrificing his life to save hers. Meanwhile, the Empress, her Chancellor and best friend Dr. Norina Müller, the Empress' husband Ulrich, their adopted daughter Mindy, and the mysterious Sakura, who had joined Felicia's privy council, were working hard to restore order in the state of Sirius, after its short-lived independence as a communist "republic". All self-government rights had been stripped away from Sirius, and it was now under joint Aquilinian and Kylarnatian military occupation, under direct rule from the palace. The surviving leaders of the SIrian revolution had been arrested, and would be put to trials for crimes against the Empire and high treason.

After a long day of work, Felicia was sitting in her living room with her family and Sakura, who was living in the palace now, watching the news together. As a report on Tsar Kain's death came on, followed by the promise of a two-hour-documentary about his life to follow after the news, Ulrich turned the TV off. "Now that is the one thing all of us don't want to watch. Am I right?" Felicia and Sakura both nodded. "No matter how painful it is we have to accept what has happened," Sakura said silently. "But that doesn't mean we have to listen to all of this." Felicia sighed. "You are of course right. We cannot change the past." Her husband smiled and wrapped an arm around her as she continued. "I received an invitation to Kain's funeral earlier today. Of course I'll accept it, no question there, but it also asked if any of us wanted to speak at the ceremony." She looked at Sakura. "You have a history with Kylarnatia that is almost as long as the nation's history itself. Don't you want to say something?" The other woman shook her head. "No. Youare right that I have a close bond with Kylarnatia - but I never knew Kain in person. No, Felicia, you are the one who should speak." "She's right, you know," Ulrich added, looking down at his wife, who just nodded. "Yes, I know. I still don't like it. I don't know if I'll be up to it." Ulrich gave her an encouraging squeeze. "Come on, now, do you want to be like Vi and just run away? You can do it, Felicia. I know it, and you know it." The Empress gave a long sigh, before she nodded. "Yes, I know. After all, I am 'Her Imperial and Royal Majesty, Felicia, by the Grace of God, Empress of Aquilinia, Queen of Francia, Grand Duchess of Sylvaria, Grand Duchess of Albmark, Countess of New Francia, Countess of Neustadt'" She laughed ironically. "Sometimes I think we are overdoing it with that title." Sakura laughed as well. "It actually is quite a modest title. Anyway, titles are just words. It's the person behind them that counts. And even in the few days I've been your advisor I could see that you are more than worthy of your titles." The Empress managed a smile. "Thanks. Right then, I'll better go write a reply." She was about to stand, when the useless piece of plastic that didn't even really look like a prosthetic hand caught her eye again. Cursing, she sat down again. "Damn them medical engineers. Okay, I'll better go and find somebody I can dictate the reply to. At least I can do a remotely convincing imitation of my signature with my left hand..."

From the desk of the Empress of Aquilinia

To:The representatives of the Kylarnatian transitional government
Subject:The funeral of HM Tsar Kain II
Encrypion:OPEN

Gentlemen,

I once again offer my condolences and grief over the deaths of Tsar Kain and Empress Eadion, who died fighting for the freedom and stability of my own nation. I will be attending the funeral, accompanied by my husband Emperor-Consort Ulrich, our adopted daughter Mindy, our daughter Princess Lucille, Chancellor Dr. Norina Müller, and my advisor Sakura. Sakura, Dr. Müller and myself will also be visiting the Imperial couple at their lying in state. It would furthermore be a great honour if I be permitted to speat at his Majesty's funeral.

In grief
Her Imperial and Royal Majesty, Felicia, by the Grace of God, Empress of Aquilinia, Queen of Francia, Grand Duchess of Sylvaria, Grand Duchess of Albmark, Countess of New Francia, Countess of Neustadt
Etat Liber Aquilini - Freistaat Aquilinien - Free State of Aquilinia
Libertas et Unitas - Freiheit und Einheit - Freedom and Unity

Empress: Lucille II of the House of Silvanus Aquili
Consul: Dr. Zoé Metelli

Proud member of Esvanovia
Formerly of Sondria

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 am

Dear Fellow Nation,

We send our condolences to your people during your time of mourning, We will happily send one of our diplomats to your nation to be involved in your activity your hosting for Nations around the world.
Sincerely Yours,

Bisgea
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bisgea » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:28 am

Royal Palace, Batarinduque
The Royal Monarchy of Bisgea
01:58pm GMT+08

"Anything new, Antonino?" The Monarch asked as he eyed the Foreign Affairs Secretary who stood before him, wiping the beads of sweat which had formed on the Secretary's forehead due to the heat despite the air conditioning being turned on at full blast. "And please take a seat."

Antonino sat down as ordered, his arm bumping on a glass paperweight just almost tipping it order. With excited reflexes, his right arm instantly shot out to catch the object which didn't fall at all causing the man to turn a light shade of red with embarrassment.

Giving a soft laugh, King Miguel watched as the man's red slowly faded and his color returned to a pale white. "You seem tense today. Anything wrong? And I ask again, anything new?"

"Everything's okay, Your Majesty. Just a bit nervous. But I can tell you about that later, business first. We received a communique from Kylarnatia just about a half hour ago." The King's face which had frowned upon the mention of "Your Majesty" showed interest once the nation of Kylarnatia was mentioned.

"We're in a private place, Antonino. No need for all these formal titles, Miguel will do." Smiling softly, he added. "A message from Kylarnatia? How unexpected. What's it about?"

Placing his briefcase on his lap, the Foreign Affairs Man opened the black container and retrieved the diplomatic communique which he then added to the Monarch.

THE ROYAL MONARCHY OF BISGEA
Department of Foreign Affairs
1 C Street, SE Quadrant, Batarinduque

To: The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia; Foreign Affairs Department or equivalent

To whom it may concern,

We have received your letter and various parts of the nation was saddened by the news of Tsar Kain and Empress Eadion's sudden deaths. We send our condolences and wish to declare our intent of visiting the couple and hope that a reservation can be made.

King Miguel Atienza and myself shall attend the said funeral and Princess Silvier's coronation if at all possible. We shall be arriving via the Krytopia Imperial Airfield and wish to visit the couple in their lying state however, we shall not be giving any words.

Again, we offer our condolences to the nation of Kylarnatia.

On behalf of His Excellency King Miguel Atienza, by the grace of God, Reigning Monarch of Bisgea, and Bisgean Dominions beyond the Seas, founder of the House of Atienza, Sovereign of the House of Atienza.

Signed,
Foreign Affairs Secretary
OOC: All posts and events before 2015 are retconned.

Bellganamos
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellganamos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 am

Secret-in-Character
Major characters:
  • President Jonathon Lapointe
  • Secretary of Foreign Affairs Lyndon McConnell
Presidential Residence
Bellan, Capital Province, Bellganamos
Judea
0853 Judean Standard Time

The Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Federation of Bellganamos strode quickly down the long corridor to the Presidential Office, causing his custom-made dress shoes to omit a loud click-clack with each step he took. The man wore a black suit as was the customary in the Federation of Bellganamos' government. He thought silently about his dress choice. I look too much like that guy from Pulp...what was it? He gave up thinking about it. An old man with more important tasks and duties, Lyndon McConnell did not have time to think about useless entertainment sources. He was the Secretary of Foreign Affairs; the top diplomat. Although he didn't really attend diplomatic meetings, McConnell did travel the world, and, based on the short note the President had sent him earlier today, he would be going overseas again.

The man rounded a corner which led directly to the Presidential Office. The door was open, but with the two menacing Presidential Protection Service agents flanking the door, it didn't appear to be. He walked over to them. The agents, without saying a word, thoroughly patted him down. It was a waste of course, as the PPS agents found nothing that could harm the President, but it was necessary. They smiled and shook their heads, which McConnell returned. The agents ushered him into the Presidential Executive Secretary's room, and with their job done, the agents wandered off to do other tasks. The President's executive secretary, who was around thirty and quite attractive, was behind her desk on the right side of the room. She looked up from some paperwork and smiled at McConnell as he walked in.

"Hello Mr. Secretary. How are you today?" Liz asked him.

"I'm good thanks," he replied. "How about you, Liz?"

"Tired. Had to wake up at four this morning. Again." she said, with emphasis on "again" and an eyeroll. "You can go in."

The Foreign Affairs Secretary nodded and proceeded to the twin oak doors that led to the President's room. He grasped the handle, pulled, and walked inside. The room itself was a square, but the simplicity of the shape of the room was irrelevant compared to the beauty and luxury of what it contained. On the carpeted floor was the Presidential Seal. The white walls were decorated with paintings of former Presidents and historical figures. Huge windows exposed the room to the Sun, which cascaded into the room and lit up everything inside. Lapointe was sitting behind his desk, a dark oak antique that was probably older than the two men combined. He looked up and grinned before gesturing for his longtime friend to take a seat. McConnell walked around the two sofas that faced each other and put himself down in a comfortable chair on the opposite side of the President. Greetings were not exchanged. President Jonathon Lapointe and Secretary McConnell were the closest of friends.

"So, Lyndon, I suppose you got my memo earlier?" the President asked in a more serious tone.

"Yes, Mr. President. I already have my bags packed." McConnell's response drew a laugh from both men.

The President closed a binder that he was looking at before looking up at McConnell. "Apparently, Tsar Kain II and Empress Eadion of Kylarnatia have been killed in combat," he said with a slight frown on his face. "They are hosting a funeral in Kylarnatia's capital, Krytopia. To show our support-" he was cut off by McConnell.

"Wait wait wait, did you say combat? Combat? Their national leaders got killed in combat?" he asked with a confused look.

The President, surprisingly, was not irritated by McConnell's interruption. Rather, he smiled. "Yeah. On Sirius," he explained. "I thought FIS explained this to you?" Lapointe asked.

McConnell shrugged and shook his head before answering. "I was not notified by FIS."

"Alright, I'll talk to them about that," Lapointe said as he uncapped a pen and jotted something down on a notepad. "So anyway, to show our support for our Incursus allies, I want you to attend the funeral. I will get the details for you shortly."

McConnell was still shaking his head. "How do you get your leader killed in combat? Monarchs." he said with disgust.

"Be careful now. Many of the attendees are from monarchies," the President warned. "Keep your opinions to yourself. We want to make a good first impression on our new allies. I also believe that the hip term for this would be, uhh, epic fail."

Both McConnell and Lapointe laughed loudly. The President continued before McConnell could answer. "Can your people write up a communique to the Kylarnatians?"

"Of course, sir. I'll call my people." McConnell replied.

"Good," the President said. "And, as a side note, monarchs."
Federation of Bellganamos Diplomatic Communiqué

Bellganamos Department of Foreign Affairs
To: The Honourable Lord Fredrick Constantine
Subject: Funeral attendance
Classification: TANGO FOUR ECHO OSCAR

Dear Sir and honored ally,

The Federation of Bellganamos is extremely saddened at the loss of Tsar Kain II and Empress Eadion. Their heroic actions in combat shall be honored in Bellganamos tonight at approximately 1600 Judean Standard Time. We will hold a ceremony of mourning, and President Lapointe will address the nation regarding your leaders' deaths. The Tsar and the Empress were true leaders; leading from the front and by example. Their deaths shall not be in vain. Our hearts and minds go out to you today.

The Federation of Bellganamos is also honored to see that we have been invited to the funeral. President Lapointe has decided to send our Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Lyndon McConnell, to the event to show our support for Kylarnatia in this time of great sorrow. We also think that this would be a perfect moment to improve relations between our two nations.

Secretary McConnell shall arrive at around 1000 zulu time tomorrow at Krytopia International Airport, along with several other staffers. As you requested, they shall bring no weapons.

Bellganamos Department of Foreign Affairs
-Emily Stone, Undersecretary for Diplomatic Relations
Last edited by Bellganamos on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
00:34 Minn: I suddenly fear Bell now.

Millsa
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Millsa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 am

New Sandusky, Millsa
Capitol Building

The mid-morning sun lit up the hallways of the capitol building. A tall dark-haired man in his 40s made his way down the hall from his personal quarters. Premeir Alexander McSteel was more chipper then usual, he was on his way to the briefing room for his administrations anual monthly meeting. Today was the day he would adress the two astronauts aboard the asenscion mission. He stopped two doors from the last on the left. He turned the gold knob and opened the door. Inside sat 10-12 of his secetaries, ranging from defence to education. The sea of people rose and faced the Premeir. A chorus of Good Morning Mr. Premeir rang out throughout the room. "Please take your seat's" The mass of people sat in their designated seats, the premeir's about 3 inches higher off the ground than the others. "Today's top prioritees for this meeting are, one, the recent deaths of Tsar Kain and his wife, two, updates on the asenscion mission and three, status of our economy. Secretary Seavers, please enlighten us."

The lights dimmed and a large led screen dropped from the ceiling as the secretary of Foreign Affairs began to speak. "Over the past 5 days or so, Aquilinia was locked in a heated war with it's former island of sirius. The war dragged both Kylarnatia and our ally the L.C.U into the conflict. The war was a desicive victory for Aquilinia. However Kylarnatia lost both of her reigning monarchs. Earlier this morning I recieved a communique from their daughter, Princess Silvier, inviting our heads of state to the funeral. I must ask sir, will you be attending the service?" The premeir thought for a moment. All eyes and ears waiting for the desicion.

"Mr.Seavers, I have been in and out of the country for the past two months, I need to attend to internal matters before I head out on diplomatic escapades throughout gaunxi. If they permit it, I will send you in my place aswell as my condolences."

"Very well sir, I will head to Kylarnatia to attend the funeral."

The premeir stoodup rather quickly. "We will have to adjourn for a couple of hours so I can send the RSVP and the what not, if there is anything of extreme national interest. Please see me in my office immediately." Almost all the secretaries other than two left the room. The Premeir gestured for them to follow him as he made his way back to his office.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:01 pm

The office was spacious, sumptuously decorated and the vast windows overlooked a view into the harbour of Tagmatium’s capital. The harbour itself was rarely used for commercial traffic these days and usually just provided a starting point for riverine and marine tours, often using ex-military amphibious vehicles. At the moment, one of these old military transports was floundering in the wake of a light destroyer. The Greater Holy Empire was on a war footing, after all, and the harbour which part of the Imperial Palace Complex overlooked was heavily, albeit discreetly, guarded.

The office itself was currently occupied by a single man, dressed in a sober business suit that was almost the uniform of members of the Imperial Government, from the lowliest notary to Holy Emperor himself. A badge with a small representation of Tagmatium’s flag marked him out as a member of the Imperial Government, although a minor one. The man in the office wasn’t the usual occupant, as the Minister of Foreign Affairs himself was currently in a meeting with foreign heads of state deep within the bowels of the Imperial Palace Complex. The multifarious internal politics and security demands meant that the man didn’t know what part of ancient building it was being held in.

As he was alone for the moment and in his superior’s office, he couldn’t resist twirling in the office chair before coming to a stop as the door opened. Irritatingly for him, he didn’t stop soon enough and one of more minor Under-Ministers within the ministry was treated to the sight of her superior desperately trying to stop the heavy wooden chair as it continued its revolution. The Under-Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Wider World stood up, attempting to maintain as much dignity as possible in front of his inferior. It failed as he had to scramble out of the chair and physically point it in the direction of the desk before sitting down in it.

“Good morning, Under-Minister Makarios. I hope you are well?” said the woman as she stood opposite the desk, giving the traditional half-bow. As she straightened up, Makarios studied her for a moment, trying to work out if her blank expression was hiding mirth. Deciding it wasn’t, he sat back in the offending chair, brushing a hand through his short blond hair.

“Good morning, Under-Minister Vatatzkes,” he replied with a bit of grunt. He knew that he’d made a fool of himself and that it would be disseminated quickly throughout the Ministry. This would weaken his own standing within the Ministry, thereby lessening the chances that he would be able to replace the Minister of Foreign Affairs when he retired sometime in the future. The incident then could reflect well on Vatatzkes, if she told the right people. But he had a trump card, one that would prevent her from doing such a thing.

As if these malicious thoughts hadn’t been going through his head, Makarios then smiled. “May I offer you some tea, Ioannina? And please, do sit.”

“Yes, thank you.” She recognised the power play going on. The use of her given name without any title meant that Makarios was attempting to remind her of where she stood within the hierarchy of the ministry. Makarios pressed a button on the desk and shortly a flunkey entered the room and placed a tea set between them. The man poured two cups of tea and set them in front of each Under-Minister before bowing and leaving them.

Makarios added milk to his tea before ladling in what seemed to Vatatzkes an appallingly large amount of sugar. He took a sip, grimaced and then added another spoonful, although the woman doubted that there was much left in the cup other than sugar. Makarios, however, took another sip and made an appreciative noise to himself.

“Well, Ioannina, let me get down to business.” Before he did, he took another drink of tea. “To get to the bare bones of it, the Imperial Government has received an invitation to a funeral. It seems that the monarchs of one of our allies managed to get themselves killed. In combat, no less.”

That raised the eyebrows of Under-Minister Vatatzkes. The last Tagmatine monarch to be killed in combat was some seven hundred years ago. She shook her head at the idea of this happening in the modern day. “Barbaroi.”

“Indeed. Could you imagine the propaganda coup if old Kommodos had been killed on the front lines during the AdSoc War?” The reigning Holy Emperor wasn’t the sort of man who do such a thing, but the mental image of the cold, distant sovereign fighting alongside the People’s Guard was amusing. “Anyway, the ridiculousness of their ends aside, the Imperial Government needs to send a representative. In light of the fact that the Holy Emperor, the High Chancellor and our Minister are currently meeting with the League nations, and Kommenos is still… indisposed, that task falls to the more minor of us amongst the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.”

“And you’re volunteering me,” replied Under-Minister Vatatzkes. It dawned on her what was going on. At first, she had suspected that Makarios would take the role on, as it was obvious that the Foreign Ministry was to send a representative of Tagmatium and Makarios could benefit from doing so. It would allow him to be seen and it could bring his name to the attention of the Holy Emperor, which would undoubtedly improve his career. But that would leave him isolated and alone in a foreign, and undoubtedly savage nation, if the manner of deaths of their rulers was anything to go by. No, that was where she was going to go. In the meantime, Makarios could manoeuvre all he wanted, since in the absence of Eugenios Goulielmos he was virtually in charge of the Foreign Ministry, possessing the green ink of a full Minister and the authority to use it.

Makarios’ thin features became all the more predatory as his smile broadened and he leant forwards across the desk.

“Yes. I want you to go there. Indeed, I have already drafted, revised and sent a message from the Imperial Government to Kylarnatia which mentions you as our envoy.” All Tagmatines loathed calling any other nation an ‘empire’. It reduced the commonly held opinion that, as there was one kingdom in Heaven, there was one empire on earth. “You’ll be outfitted with clothes befitting the dignity of a representative of the Greater Holy Empire. I’d suggest you hurry up, I’ve organised the meeting with the Imperial Outfitter in about” – he looked at his watch, although he didn’t need to –“ten minutes. Oh, and the weather’s bloody hot down there.”

When Under-Minister Vatatzkes left the room, Makarios’ smile broadened even more. One of his most ardent opponents within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had been expertly outwitted. He was so happy with himself that he twirled in the chair again.

And cackled.

To: the Honorary Lord Frederick Constantine and Pope Julius XX of the Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia
From: the Imperial Government of the Greater Holy Empire of Tagmatium
Re: this Sad Occasion

Honoured allies,

It saddens the Imperial Government and the people of Tagmatium to hear of your loss. Undoubtedly, it is a great and most tragic blow. Whilst the distance between our two illustrious nations has not been frequent, the reputation of Tsar Kain and Empress Eadion reached even the shores of our faraway nation.

To this end, the Imperial Government would like to send a delegate to represent the Greater Holy Empire and as a mark of respect and mourning. The flags of the Imperial will be lowered to half mast in honour of the Tsar and the Empress. Their names will be added to the diptychs set aside within the Basilika of Tagmatika for the holy yet heretical. This is so that they might be commemorated at the correct times and on certain holy days kept by the Iconoclastic Orthodox Church.

The delegate we are to send to represent the people and government of the Greater Holy Empire will be Ioannina Vatatzkes, Under-Minister of Foreign Affairs for Locations Bordering the Rivdon Bay. She will be arrived around 10:00 local time, at Krytopia Imperial Airfield aboard a jet aircraft from a pool maintained by the Imperial Government.

The Imperial Government and the Tagmatine People are sorry for your shocking and dreadful blow,

Georgios Makarios,

Under-Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Wider World,

On behalf of

Eugenios Goulielmos,

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Of the

Greater Holy Empire

Of

Tagmatium
Last edited by Tagmatium on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:56 pm

10:21am | GMT + 2
Imperial Sitting Room | Character(s): Princess Silvier

The day had now fully shown itself, and more crowds had gathered, and more flowers began to pile up near or just inside the gates. People waved flags, sang solemn songs, and held up various banners that spoke a variety of comments, mostly ones of support and comfort. Or atleast, they tried to be supportive and comforting. Silvier admired them all, but some were too soft for her liking, one or two actually cringworthy. Therefore, she made her way away from the Imperial Study and entered the Imperial Sitting Room, a much more comforting and quiet room, not so noticing of the existance of noise outside. Like the Imperial Study it featured book cases and drinks cabinets, followed by a much more simplar desk that her father used to use for 'quick diplomacy' if he was not already in his study. However, what made the room unique was its lush furniture and wide variety of wooden-vanished tables and cabinets, which were in an illustrated phase that went around the room. The whole palace was its own work of art.

Reading over a book called On Kylarnatia by Dr. Alex Fox, a renouned sociologist of his time. She seemed to have flicked through quite a few pages, as if she wasn't infact reading over it at all but moreover just wanting to find something specific. Though she was interrupted by another light knock on the door, oh how they were beginning to annoy her. It seemed that the ideology was that whenever somebody was sad, you had to lock lightly in order to what was described as 'not to tense them further'. The knock came again. "Come in."

In stepped Lord Constantine, again, in the same suite, though his hair slightly more ruffled, as if he had been moving around more in the last three hours or so, as there had indeed been a provisional government meeting since then. Closing the door behind him, he came over with a yellow folder under his shoulder, a slight smile on his face as he placing it on the oak table before Silvier, who was still deep within the book. It took her some time to react to its appearance, and once she noticed it, she gestured for Constantine to sit on one of the sofas nearest to hers as she opened the folder, though didn't actually pull out its contents. All she could see from her brief investigation was that they were a pile of papers, clipped together with a paper clip. The papers were decorated with many diffrent colours and signatures. She looked to him and raised an eyebrow, before letting the flap of the folder go and pushing the folder further across the table. After a moment of silence, whilst placing a bookmark in the place she got to in the book, Silvier looked to Constantine once more, who now had a slightly confused look on his face. "I suppose those are the responses..."

Constantine nodded almost enthusiastically as he pulled out the cotents of the folder, unclipping them then bringing them up and showing them to the future Tsarina one-by-one. The first one to come to her was Crontor, and she looked over it with slightly dull eyes, but the text did bring her a small smile. Constantine spoke throughout. "As you can see, our immediate first responders were President Christian Cranico and Supreme Commander Rockepeller of Crontor, or as the region knows them as the L.C.U. The Presidents wife shall be attending with them, First Lady Katie Cranico. They have also asked, as you can see, to visit your mother and father in their lying-in-state. I'm sure you'd be happy to permit this?"

Silvier grinned to herself for a moment, looking to Constantine and shaking her head. His eyes widened. "No? But Highness, they're our allies, you cannot simply deny them that right..." Silvier looked to him again, now annoyed, as she shook her head at him again. "It wasn't that, Fredrick, ofcourse they'll be allowed to see them for one last time. I just find it quite amusing. As my father once said, they're our worst best friend. Mainly due to the 'Supreme' Commander, who we all know despised my father, though I have no problem with the president and his wife, him even bothering to sign this letter and perhaps mean it will come as a shock to me."

The Princess spoke sarcastically about the Supreme Commander as she stood and went over to one of the drinks cabinets, pouring herself a glass of orange juice, also pulling out a bottle of Winian Islands Belle Grande, showing the bottle to Constantine as if to offer it. He simply declined, getting back to the subject at hand. "Though Ma'am, that'd be suggesting that our friendship is false? Is that what you're truely saying?" Silvier shook her head, once again, at him with this time some cunning look on her face. "Not at all, though it mearly points out that he, and perhaps some others in their government are jealous, if not scared, of our society. Mr. Rockepeller knew, ever since we ever came into contact with them, that our influence was strong and was bringing alot out in his people which he didn't want us to see, therefore he'd use all his power to silence them. My father and mother didn't agree to this, and asked him simply to tell the truth. He arrogantly refused, and still does, but we all knew from then on that we give them huge pressure from the north, and with their recent economic slump, I can gurantee you he'll be more tetchy then usual when he arrives."

Somewhat shocked by the statement he just heard, Lord Constantine sat there silently for a moment as Silvier moved back over to her seat, the grin still on her face as she took another gulp of her juice, placing it on the table then bringing her legs around, so she could fully face the former advisor to her father. Putting the communique from Crontor to one side, he pulled out the next one and passed it to her, and this brought a slight surprise to her face. "This one, Ma'am, is from the apparant Tsari Empire of Yustonia, a new nation in the region, therefore they have the right to attend as you put the region members on the list..." Constantine spoke as if she would have forgotten, which brought slight grimice to her face. After some time, Constantine continued. "...And as you can see, Tsar Jacksov wishes to speak at the funeral. His speech will ofcourse be checked, but if you do not wish him to speak then we can simply deny him that ordeal." Silvier shook her head. "No, we shall allow them to attend and speak, and I do hope his speech will be checked. Is it just me, or do they sound similar to somebody else..."

The two of them chuckled about the actual coincidence, though they let it pass as they moved onto the other communiques, Silvier now seeming to take much more interest then in the beginning. Constantine passed her the next one. "Now this one, seemed to be a fault in the system I'm afraid...got sent off to completely the wrong person. However, seeing as they have voiced intrest we might as well consider them. Called Astaire County, we've had a response from a slightly unheardof Mr. Perry, who only asks to attend both the funeral and coronation. I'm sure that's permitable? Maybe we could influence them heavily, you never know..." He cracked a sly smile, but she waved it away with the shake of her hand. "Stop sounding so corrupt, that's not our peoples way. However, yes they may attend, as we said all seats need to be filled and it wouldn't bring any harm in meeting someone new. Now, who's next?"

"Well..." Constantine dragged his sentence along as he went through the folder and found the next communique, something that made him smile as he knew she'd enjoy hearing from them. "...We have Aquilinia, Ma'am. I'm sure you'd immediatly accept them, and their requests for visiting your parents in lying in state and the Kaiserin wishes to make a speech at the funeral. They have a pretty big group attending, as you can see..." He passed the communique to her, she nodded in agreement as she read through the list of names. However, there seemed to be one person missing. "And what of Grand Admiral Violette de Lune? I would have thought she'd wish to attend aswell..." Constantine simply shrugged. "I have no idea, Ma'am, but I'm sure she has her reasons. We can query for you, if you wish?" Silvier nodded as she passed the communique back so it could go on their now growing little read pile.

The next two communiques he'd pull out in a pair, as they had similarity in one respect; they were both property to the same person. Constantine passed the two of them to Silvier, who frowned slightly as she saw them. Before he could speak, she spoke first. "So I see that their colony and future prefecture have decided to respond on their behalf. Yes they may come, and the delegations from Bisgea may visit my parents. Now, lets move on, shall we?" Her quickness surprising to Constantine, he simply took them back and put them on the pile before pulling out the next communique, from an alliance ally. He passed it to Silvier, and she grinned slightly as she read it over. "The Federation of Bellganamos from Incursus was the next to respond as you can see, and they'll be sending Secretary of Foreign Affairs Lyndon McConnell to represent them. I'm sure that you're happy for them to attend?" Silvier nodded to him. "Yes. They may despise monarchies for the most part, which their history has shown us before, but they're still an ally and I cannot deny them the privalege. As to wether they're actually grieving or not is still left to be unaswered..."

Lord Constantine raised an eyebrow at her comment for a moment before pulling out the last communique to arrive so far, from the Holy Empire of Tagmatium. He passed it to Silvier, who lighted up at the appearance of the communique, but only a little bit. "And as you can see, the latest to reply is another ally from Incursus. I think their honours are respectful, are they not?" Silvier tilted her head side-to-side, as if to say she was wavering on her thoughts. "Absolutely...but you know how their people get...all self-important and what not...Oh well, guess we can't argue; I know they're nice people really. Let them in also, I suppose..."

There was another moment of silence until Fredrick took all the communiques back, as those were all that responded at the time. He saw a slight look of disappointment on her face, as if she'd wished more of her desired guests had already replied. He smiled to her, and patted her on the shoulder. "Don't worry, it's still an early day. I'm sure there will be more responses over the coming hours..." He then left the room, to go and make out the letters to everyone, informing them of what they were going to do and so on. Silvier sighed as he left, finishing her orange juice and finally picking up her book again as she then continued to flick through the pages, still trying to find something...

I hope so, Fredrick, I hope so...

Notice from the Pervisional Government of the Imperium Antiquus

On Behalf of Her Imperial Highness, Princess Silvier Catherine Hyuga

On Behalf of the Heir to the Throne, I message you all to inform you about your replies to attend the funeral of the Ancient Caesar Tsar Kain II and his wife, Her Imperial Highness Empress Eadion. I find it right to inform you now that apon your arrival you shall be greeted by either an envoy of the pervisional government, or your ambassador to us if you have one with us at this time. From where you arrive you shall be taken immediatly to the Winter Palace, to familarise yourselves with the rooms you'll be staying in for the night aswell as spending sometime with Her Imperial Highness, Princess Silvier, or doing whatever else you request to do.

The Imperial Federation of Crontor, we're now preparing for your arrival. Rooms are also now being prepared for you, and Her Imperial Highness awaits your appearance. You have also been granted permission to go and visit the past monarchs in their lying-in-state. Please note that you are not set to a specific time to go and visit, so please inform any of the staff of Her Imperial Highness when you're ready to go and see them. Please note that you shall also be greeted by your Ambassador to us at the Krytopia Imperial Airfield. Thank you.

The Tsari Empire of Yustonia, we're now preparing for your arrival. A Room is being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness wishes to thank you for wanting to attend. You have also been granted permission to speak at the funeral, providing you do send us the manurscript immediatly, if possible. Please note that you shall be greeted by an envoy of our government when you arrive. Thank you.

Astaire County, we're now preparing for your arrival. A Room is being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness wishes to thank you for wanting to attend. Please note that you'll be greeted by an envoy of our government when you arrive. Thank you.

The Empire of Aquilinia, we're now preparing for your arrival. Rooms are being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness is heart-warmed that you're attending. You have been granted permission to go and visit the past monarchs in their lying-in-state. Please note that you are not set to a specific time to go and visit, so please inform any of the staff of Her Imperial Highness when you're ready to go and see them. You have also been granted permission to speak at the funeral, providing you do send us the manurscript immediatly, if possible. However, as trusted allies of the Imperium, if it is sensitive to you, then we do not ask for you to do so. Please note that you'll be greeted by your Ambassador to us when you arrive. Thank you.

The Milogradian Colony of the United World Order, we're now preparing for your arrival. Rooms are being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness wishes to thank you for wanting to attend. Please note you will be greeted by an envoy of our government when you arrive. Thank you.

The Royal Monarchy of Bisgea, we're now preparing for your arrival. Rooms are being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness wishes to thank you for wanting to attend. You have been granted permission to go and visit the past monarchs in their lying-in-state. Please note that you are not set to a specific time to go and visit, so please inform any of the staff of Her Imperial Highness when you're ready to go and see them. Please note you will be greeted by an envoy of our government when you arrive. Thank you.

The Federation of Bellganamos, we're now preparing for your arrival. A Room is being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness wishes to thank you for wanting to attend. Please note that you will be greeted by an envoy of our government when you arrive. Thank you.

The Greater Holy Empire of Tagmatium, we're now preparing for your arrival. A room is being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness wishes to give a special thank you for your honours you've bestowed apon her parents. Please note that you will be greeted by an envoy of our government when you arrive. Thank you.

Last edited by Kylarnatia on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 pm

International Airspace
July 7th, 2011
Deputy Chancellor Andrew Hoffman

The private jet was above international airspace and heading towards Kylarnatia with normal pace as any jet would, Inside the Jet sat Andrew who was the current Deputy Chancellor who personaly decided to come himself to the funeral, Andrew was dressed in a black suit with a white tie, His black silk pants were the best pair of dress pants he had.

His assistant Nathan accompined him along to the trip so he could help Andrew discuss the Non Agression Pact that would be negotiated properly after the funeral, Andrew sat right across from Nathan sipping a glass of tea.

"Nathan, why do you like tea so much...I dont see whats wrong with a nice cold glass of whiskey" He remarked as he rubbed his chin turning his attention to the window looking out at the bright afternoon skies.

"I don't drink Andrew, I thought i told you about this earlier" Nathan sighed and sipped more of his ice cold tea which had a lemon sticking on the rim of the glass

"You dont drink, Saying you dont drink is like saying you dont like Vagina" He chuckled and covered his mouth as he lightly gagged from laughing to his comment, Andrew always had a good sense of Humor but sometimes he used it at the worst of times.

"I like..Women's private parts alright, I just don't think Alcohol is best for me" He sighed and shook his head knowing one day he would personaly slap the humor our of Andrew's mouth.

"Alright i understand, But come on just have a taste" Andrew replied with a grin offering him a shot glass of whiskey

Nathan shook his head and ignored it looking off to the window not paying attention to Andrew and his foolishness, Nathan had hoped not to go because he knew he would have to go along with Andrew and deal with his foolish behavior.

The cockpit door opened as one of the pilots entered, The pilot was wearing a white uniform with a blue label that made it offical that he was a pilot, His hair was brown and jelled back as if he was an italian.

"We'll be arriving in 12 minutes, the pilot suggest you buckle in" He said with a young person tone as if he was only a boy compared to Andrew and Nathan who were in there meer thirties but argued like they were five at some times.

"Thank you for the heads up" Andrew said as both Andrew and Nathan buckled in, They sat in silence and waited to land at the airport to attend the Tsars and Empresses Funeral

Cockpit

The pilot entered the cockpit and shut the door and locked it, he moved into his seat and flipped several switches as he picked up the radio and made a call to the watchtower for permission to land.

"This is Aircraft United World Order requesting permission to land over" He set the radio down as the pilot next to him clicked several buttons and glanced at the screen of Altitude.

"So how you think this is going to play out Brian" Peter was the pilot steering the jet towards the runway, Brian was his Co-Pilot and personal friend of his from Flight school, they knew eachother very well

"Heh, they might pull it off i guess..depends if the person likes fascism or doesnt mind" Brian said with a shrug as he looked at the screen

"Well i think they'll do it, I dont think they care about our government anyway, were just a small fish in a big pond' Peter said with a sigh as he rubbed his forehead slightly with his right arm

"We'll find out when they get back on the plane in several days" Brian said as he sighed and rubbed his chin
Last edited by United World Order on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yustonian SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yustonian SSR » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:25 pm

The Tsar looked out the plane window with wide eyes as the began to land at the Krytopian Airport, it had been a short time since the Tsar had visited a nation since Milograd, not that everything was well he had decided that attending the funeral were in the best interests of the country as a whole but also to himself. It was not often he was able to attend the funeral of a monarch and more often than not he would not have the time.

As the plane landed he folded the newspaper he was reading and pulled out his bags and began to move to the nearest exit with the Pope, he felt a slight increase of the speed of his heartbeat as he stepped into the sun....

Tsar Jacksov I
Sovereign of Yustonia

Oterro

Bellganamos
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellganamos » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:07 am

Secret-in-Character
Major characters:
  • Secretary of Foreign Affairs Lyndon McConnell
Near Krytopia International Airport
Krytopia, Kylarnatia
Guanxi
0957 Guanxian Standard Time

The light drone of the aircraft's engines that annoyed many had no effect on McConnell and his aides. They were used to international travel. Even the horrendous jet lag that some suffered from did not impact the Department of Foreign Affairs staffers. As they were on McConnel's personal staff, they traveled out of Bellganamos or Judea at least three times a month. Despite the frequent international diplomatic visits, McConnell had never visited Kylarnatia before. In fact, Bellganamos in general, as a nation, had little interaction with Kylarnatia before they joined Incursus. Now, they were allies, and McConnell would should the Kylarnatians the dedication Bellganamos had to its allies.

The FAD-71A Peacemaker, appropriately named for a diplomatic jet, was essentially a juiced-up Bellganamosian Air Force version of the D7 jet from AeroBell, a large aircraft manufacturing corporation in Bellganamos. It was the second largest aircraft manufacturing company in Bellganamos behind Skylance, Inc. The plane was sleek, shiny, brand new, and cost approximately fifty-six million dollars. The latter of which made Foreign Affairs people groan. While the military was not the utmost priority in the government's spending, it did take a sizable chunk at roughly 1.3 trillion dollars. Anyone in DoFA would agree that the number should be reduced.

The pilot's voice suddenly came on the intercom. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are making our final approach to Krytopia International Airport. Fasten your seat belts."

With that done, he asked his co-pilot to try to get ahold of Krytopia International Airport.

"Krytopia tower, this is Bellganamosian diplomatic aircraft Delta Three-Four, we are requesting permission to land."

There was a a short delay before a voice in the tower gave the pilots confirmation to land. "Delta Three-Four, Krytopia tower, you have permission to land. Proceed to course zero one eight and land on runway two. Welcome to Kylarnatia."

The pilot, who had been in the Air Force ferrying diplomats for thirteen years, slightly adjusted his aircraft in response to the Kylarnatian's orders. He expertly angled the plane down onto runway two. There were no jinks, no problems, and a perfectly smooth landing confirmed the pilot's occupation as a Bellganamosian airman.
00:34 Minn: I suddenly fear Bell now.

Aquilinia
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 am

Somewhere over Kylarnatia

The travel preparations had been completed quickly, and the Imperial delegation was sitting in the Empress' personal Airbus on their way to Krytopia. Most of the passengers were asleep, but Felicia just couldn't put her mind to rest. She had finally been told that her kybernetic prosthesis would be ready when she returned - until then, she'd have to tolerate the piece of junk that hung from her right arm at the moment. It didn't work, it didn't fit properly, and it was ugly as hell. To counter that, she had decided to wear black leather gloves, to hide the hideousness of the so-called prosthesis, but she still had to adjust it every now and then. And the hand wasn't her only problem. Ever since the death of Kain, she hadn't had a good night of sleep. Often she would sudenly wake in the middle of the night, tears streaming down her face. She told herself she couldn't have prevented it, but her heart didn't listen to her mind.

Sakura, the only other person on board, had her mind full of an entirely different matter. It had been centuries since she had last been to Kylarnatia - and this was the first time she saw it from above. Flying didn't bother her - she had been on one of the first ever comercial flights, and in the 1940s, she had even been a test pilot. No, she loved flying. It was returning to Kylarnatia that bothered her. She had lived in Kylarnatia for over two centuries, first hiding in the mountains as a refugee, then in the royal palace as advisor and close friend of Queen Silver. Some suggested she was even more than just a close friend. After Silvier's death she had travelled through the land to find the Black Cobra, and then lived with them for almost a century, before leaving Kylarnatia for ever. She still didn't know why she had left, but she hadn't returned - until now. She turned to Felicia, who she knew had been to Kylarnatia quite a lot recently. "So," she asked, with excitement in her voice, "you've been to Kylarnatia before, right?" Felicia nodded. "Yes, a lot. Why do you ask?" Sakura hesitated. "Well, I haven't been here for some seven hundred years, and I'm sure it has changed a lot. What's it like nowadays?" The Empress laughed. "Krytopia is a beautiful city. You'll see for yourself. And the people are the best hosts I've ever visited. I'm sure you like it." Sakura smiled. Even centuries ago, when she had lived in Kylarnatia, the local people had been known for their hospitality. She was very much looking forward to this, despite the sad occasion.

Formerly of Sondria

Millsa
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Millsa » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:42 am

New Sandusky,Millsa
Office of Foreign Affairs

Secretary Xzavior Seavers was busy writing the RSVP letter that would be sent to Kylarnatia for the funeral. The Secretary was very anxious to head out of Millsa to attend the funeral. He had not been out of country in a while and was looking forward to the chance at meeting other political figures.

Seal of the Independent Republic of Millsa

To: Princess Silvier,

I sadly must inform that the Premeir has declined to attend the funeral in Kylarnatia so that he may attend to internal affairs. I hope you will understand. However I Secretary of Foreign Affairs Xzavior Seavers will be attending the funeral of your parents. Enclosed is another letter from Premeir Alexander McSteel expressing his thoughts on the matter.

Xzavior Seavers- Secretary of Foreign Affairs

Dear Princess Silvier
The news of your parent's deaths greatly saddens me. It is not usual that a dignitaries death is brought on through such noble sacrifice. Putting their lives on the line for their people is a excellent trait of a leader. I was lucky enough to meet your father during many of the conferences on international matters he and myself both attended. He was a man who led with a fair and firm hand. His generocity knew no bounds, opening his nation up to peace talks during one of the most unstable times in our region. Once again I send my greatest condolenses to you and your family in this dificult time. I have no doubt that you will be as great a leader as your parents were.

Sincerely,

Premeir Alexander McSteel

Winian Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Winian Islands » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:40 am

Le Royaume fédéral de Winian îles comminication diplomatique officiel
Kerajaan Persekutuan Comminication Islands Winian Diplomatik Rasmi
The Federal Kingdom of Winian Islands Official Diplomatic Comminication

To: The Honourable Lord Frederick Constatine

The nation has been deeply saddened by the loss of two great people: Kain and Eadion. I remember at a function long ago when my wife held in her arms the giggling baby Kain. To see such a loss reminds one of how valuable life really is, and that one must live a full life. I send my sincerest apologies to The people of Kylarnatia, and to Tsarina Silvier.

We will arrive soon, bringing a teak Palwei, or flute, widely used in traditional Winian orchestras, and a stand for display. For Silvier, there is a 17th century gold and freshwater pearl necklace adorned with white silk tassels in an elaborate pattern.

Godspeed,
His Royal Majesty King James Thomas Sayi

The thump of the front wheels of the BBJ 737 meant the plane had landed. James got up and placed the two empty glasses in the cabinet and thanked the stewardess and pilot for the flight. He grabbed both suitcases and looked at his wife.

"Are you ready, Isabel?"
"I am." She said, adjusting her faille sarong and stepping out with him into Kylarnatia.
"It's been quite a while since we've been here, and- look! Another Winian Airways jet."
"Seems they'res a lot of Kylarnatians in the islands."
"Sure is."

They stepped into the car and buckled up, making their way to the palace.
Royaume-Winien / ဝင်ယကျွန်းများာနိုင်ငံတော် / The Kingdom of the Winian Islands
Ni peur ni vaincu
Head of State: Her Majesty Queen Amélie Hélène Sayi
Head of Government: His Excellency Prime Minister Thierry Aung Than
Capital City: Naïam
Currency: Winian Franc
Factbook

Aquilinia
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Krytopia Imperial Airfield
Krytopia
Kylarnatia

As the imperial jet touched down, Sakura was the first to almostjump down to the tarmac. After seven hundred years, she was finally back in Kylarnatia. She was home again, and hell did it feel good to breath Kylarnatian air again. For a moment, she only stood there with her eyes closed, breathing, until she felt somebody puling her dress. She opened her eyes to find little Mindy standing there, looking up at her. "It must be a strange feeling to come back here after such a long time," she said, smiling nervously. Sakura knelt down to Mindy's height, and gave her a squeeze. "Of course it does. This was my home once, many years ago. But I can already tell that it has changed a lot since I was last here. Of course, back then, life was very different." She grinned. "Whenever your history teacher annoys you, ask me. Most of the events he'll tell you of - I was there. And I have a very good memory." Mindy nodded. "Okay! Actually, we were just talking about the reign of Queen Silvier in class..."

As Sakura gave Mindy her history lesson in the middle of the runway, Felicia and Norina looked around themselves. Oddly enough, ambassador Wolfrom wasn't there. Just as Norina took her phone out of her handbag to give the ambassador a call, a black VW van with the Aquilinian Imperial Coat of Arms painted on the front doors and the Kylarnatian flag as well as the personal standard of the Empress fitted to the bonnet appeared, and ambassador Wolfrom jumped out of the driver's door. "Sorry about the wait," she said, smiling. "We had a bit of trouble with our vehicle fleet recently, and it took a while to find a working car big enough for all of you. And after that, traffic jams without end.Right then, everyone, get in quick, I want to beat the traffic. The city's been hell ever since the news of Kain's death." When everyone was in the van, they drove off into the city.

Sakura's eyes were almost glued to the sights of Krytopia. Even the transport system caught her interest. A lot had chanced since she had last been to the city, yet it still was obviously the same place - only massively expanded. When they arrived in Old Krytopia, Sakura was astonished. She had witnessed the construction of some of the buildings - and when they passed Krytopia University, she couldn't believe her own eyes. She had been there when it had been first opened - and it looked just like it had back then. Well, apart from the obvious modernization, like the road leading past it, of course. And there, Sakura got a good long luck at the building. The ambassador turned at her passengers, and sighed. "It's been like this the past three days. You can't get anywhere." Felicia, who was in the front passenger seat, put her hand on the ambassador's shoulder. "It's okay. We have time."

After a five minute wait, the traffic finally started moving again, and soon, they crossed into the Government District, the administrative heart of the Imperium Antiquus. Sakura was surprised at the number of people that had lined the streets to greet the visitors. It reminded her of a procession she had once accompanied Queen Silvier on - the Kylarnatian people hadn't really changed over the past centuries, she felt. While most of the buildings had changed, their layout still was the same as all those years ago.

After the Government District, the ambassador took them into the Arts Plaza. Here, the traffic lessened, and the ambassador put her foot down. "Since it's for once possible to do so, I'll actually go at the speed limit. Sorry if you can't continue your sightseeing," she said in an apologetic tone as the rennaisance buildings whizzed past. She knew none of them, but the area reminded her of a small plaza where she had sometimes watched plays with Silvier, back in the day.

The free traffic didn't last long, as they once again slowed to a halt right in front of the Imperial Court. Sakura frowned as she looked around her, noticing the massive Grand Orthodox Church across the road. "Hang on...if that is the Grand Orthodox...over there, where that huge basilica stands, that was where I sat with Silvier for hours at times, discussing matters of state..." She sighed. So many years had passed, and so much had changed. And Silvier...she was long gone. A solitary tear rolled down her cheek as she saw the statue of her old friend on top of the cathedral as they finally moved on. After driving past the massive statues of Tsar Yuri and his wife Alice they reached the Imperial Gardens.

Sakura immediately recognized them, of course. "Stop!," she said, her voice wavering, and the ambassador pulled up at the side of the road. Sakura threw the door open, and got out, sinking to her knees in the grass. This was her Krytopia. Oh how many hours she had spent in these gardens together with Silvier, just relishing each others' company. Hit hard by the memory, she broke into tears. Silvier was dead, and everything had changed. Now she knew why she had left Krytopia only two years after her death, and never returned. It was because of her. Just seeing the familiar gardens brought all the memories back. She had left Kylarnatia to run from the facts. She had been foolish. After saving her life, she had felt attached to Silvier. They became friends, and soon far more. How silly of her, Sakura thought bitterly. She, a Kitsune, measuring her life in generations, falling in love with an ordinary, mortal woman. As she knelt there, sobbing, she felt something brush past her bare feet, and looked up again. A young Kylarnatian fox was sitting before her, tilting her head. Kitsune such as Sakura had always been in touch with foxes - after all, they were also called fox-spirits. Sakura had spent almost a century living with Kylarnatian foxes in the mountains. Seeing this little creature sitting there in front of her brought her smile back. Not everything had changed. Not everything had passed. The foxes were still there. Stroking the little fox across its head, she rose again, wiping her face. She had delayed the others for too long already. Smiling, she got back into the van. As she sat down next to Norina, the chancellor put an arm around her. "See, I told you, not everything has changed. Wait until you see the Winter Palace. Remember what I told you about it?" Sakura nodded slowly. "Yes. My home- I mean, Silvier's palace, burnt down, and was rebuilt with even more splend-" She almost choked as the magificent palace came into sight, and she realized the extents of the crowd in front of it. She laughed. "Norina, you lied to me. This place can't be the new Imperial Palace. I mean...look at it! It's huge! And so beautiful..." As they got out in front of the palace, Sakura just stared at the beautiful building, until Felicia gave her a nudge. "Come on, Sakura, you can look at the palace all day. We need to go find Silvier." With a sigh, the Kitsune tore her eyes off the facade and nodded, just as Ulrich walked towards her and Felicia. "Okay," he said, "I've asked the guard commander, Silvier is waiting in the Imperial Sitting Room." He nodded at Felicia. "You know the palace the best of us - you lead the way."

Inside, Sakura was astonished by the beauty of the palace - a fact that Mindy soon noticed. "You know, Empress Eadion once gave me a tour. I can show you around perhaps, tell you what I remember." Sakura ruffled the little girl's hair. "Good plan. I'll get back to you on that." Soon, they had arrived outside of the sitting room, and Felicia knocked at the door with her gloved fake hand. "Well, at least it's good for that," she said, laughing, waiting for a reply from inside.

Formerly of Sondria

Bisgea
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bisgea » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Air Squad Alpha
International Airspace
Destination: Kylarnatia
10:36am local time

The large diplomatic jet soared through the skies, some twelve thousand meters above the Earth's surface. Within the craft were only two passengers, the Monarch King Miguel who wished to visit the Kylarnatian couple despite little to no previous relations with them and Antonino Manzano, the Foreign Affairs Secretary who had come along as an assistant to the King.

Air Squad Alpha was not the name of the jet, it was the BisAForce-34R Pioneer. Air Squad Alpha was simply the air traffic control call sign of any Air Force aircraft carrying the Monarch. The jet was brand new, having come into service just a few days ago. Worth a cool thirty-seven million NationStates Standard Dollars, it was a small price to pay for jet.

Inside, Miguel slept away while the Foreign Affairs man waited patiently in his seat for them to arrive. He was nervous, despite the occasional diplomatic trips he had taken to other nations, he had never come over his fear of flying. He couldn't defeat his phobia and he couldn't resign from his position as well, it gave him a nice salary and quitting a job just over a phobia seemed absurd to him.

As he sat and waited, memories flocked to him. He was a small child then, only seven years old. Travelling with his parents from the capital, Batarinduque, to their hometown of Martilb which was an hour's travel away. He was asleep at the time, a peaceful quiet sleep. But when he woke, his surroundings were not peaceful. People were panicking everywhere, one of the engines had failed and they were losing altitude fast. Scared as hell, he closed his eyes. The next thing he knew, he was in the hospital. His entire body hurt and he was covered head to toe with bandages. His mother had not survived the crash, which left him with his father who had lost his right leg.

He heard a voice, which brought him back to the present. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are approaching our destination, Krytopia International Airport. Please fasten your seatbelts and we will be arriving shortly."
OOC: All posts and events before 2015 are retconned.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 am

11:30am | GMT + 2

Another hour or so had passed, not much happening in the course of disturbance for Silvier, as she had requested not be disturbed until guests arrived after recieving word of the transition to absolute power in the United Empire of Bristain and Ireland, which they had not recognised as an official soverign state yet, as the Provisional Government did not have the individual power to do so, though they were able to do many other things. And Silvier thought it best to see how the new 'empire' progressed before recognising it. If anything, they had been informed of the funeral, so if they decided to ask to attend, maybe that'd persuade her to recognise them. Though that was another matter, and she couldn't be bumbling on that all day now. When another knock came on the door, she looked to her watch to see the time, and judged it was prehaps the start of coming arrivals. She stood, and went over to the door.

Listening to the noise outside, she could instantly recognise the voices. She listened to their conversation for a moment, smiling herself as Mindy promised Sakura a tour. However, she wasn't listening in for that. She was trying to see if she could hear Grand Admiral Violette de Lune, the women her father gave his life for. But to her dismay, she couldn't hear her. So, with enough of the semi-evesdropping, she took a deep breath and opened the door, to see Felicia with her temporary arm, Mindy, Sakura with dried tears on her face, Ulrich and Norina. They all shone beaming smiles, which also made her respond with one as she stood out of the way of the door, to allow them all in. Once they were all in, she closed the door again and extended her arms out to them one by one, as she also spoke to them.

"Felicia, Ulrich, Norina, Mindy! It's so good to see you all, and I'm heartwarmed that you were able to make it." She gave hugs to all of the family before turning to Sakura, smile still on her face as she nodded to her. "Sakura, it's good to have you back. I know of you the same as my mother did, so the description of your looks matches you right off. I notice from the dried tears on your face that your return has been quite an emotional experience, no?" She said as she wrapped her arms around her for a moment, before guiding them all over to the sitting area. "Please, help yourselves to anything in the drinks cabinets, and that includes soft drinks and things for little Mindy. If you could also all fill in the visitors tome, as you've all done previously, and then sit and take some time to relax before others arrive, then you'll be shown to your rooms for the night so you can familarise yourselves with them and then come back out to do other business and whatnot. Felicia..." She went over to the Kaiserin quietly, and spoke to her calmly in the ear. "If I may ask, where is the Grand Admiral? I would have hoped she would have come and joined you..."

While they spoke together, another messanger came to the door and peering in, knocking on it lightly as she opened it. Silvier turned to her, and went over to read the message that she had recieved. Millsa and the Winian Islands had confirmed their wish to attend, and Silvier was happy that both of them did. All she had to do was simply look to the messanger and nod to her, which triggered her to bow and then leave again, Silvier shutting the doors once more and turning back to her guests, moving back over to Felicia to hopefully recieve and answer.

On Behalf of the Heir to the Throne, I message you all to inform you about your replies to attend the funeral of the Ancient Caesar Tsar Kain II and his wife, Her Imperial Highness Empress Eadion. I find it right to inform you now that apon your arrival you shall be greeted by either an envoy of the pervisional government, or your ambassador to us if you have one with us at this time. From where you arrive you shall be taken immediatly to the Winter Palace, to familarise yourselves with the rooms you'll be staying in for the night aswell as spending sometime with Her Imperial Highness, Princess Silvier, or doing whatever else you request to do.

The Independant Republic of Millsa, we're now preparing for your arrival. A Room is being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness wishes to thank you for wanting to attend and thanks the Premier for his kind words. Please note that you'll be greeted by your ambassador to us when you arrive. Thank you.

The Royaume Fédéral of Winian Islands, we're now preparing for your arrival. A Room is being prepared, and Her Imperial Highness is heartwarmed that you wish to attend and thanks you dearly for the gifts you're bringing. Please note that you'll be greeted by an envoy of our government when you arrive. Thank you.

Krytopia Imperial Airfield, The Ancient Capital of Krytopia
11:32am | GMT + 2
Air Tower | Character(s): None of Importance.

The Operators at the Air Tower of Krytopia Imperial Airfield knew their task. They were one of the many entrances into the capital, along with the Krytopia Outer-Capital Docks and the variety of transport services that passed through the gates of the capital. Today was perhaps one of the most exhausting days in their lives. Hundreds of commercial planes were coming in from all over the place, twice as many as usual though it was usually busy due to Tourism being a major industry in the Imperium Antiquus. People had obviously wished to come to Kylarnatia to make their respect known, and to see the spectacle of the funeral and also the coronation, which was famous mostly to those who were closest to the sphere of influence of the nation or to nations that had long ties to the nation, regardless of where they were in the world. Most of the people actually getting of the planes were Kylarnatian, but there were the few foreign nationalities, who were just as welcome. There were many problems with this however, one being that this made business at the terminal and traffic on the roads and sidewalks an absolute nightmare. Luckily, mostly public transport was used and the few cars that did emerge were Kylarnatian made; which were powered by Bio-fuels. Therefore, this was actually giving some wealth to the environment more then harm.

However, what was more of a problem was the fact that they had to keep the airways clear enough so the diplomatic arrivals could arrive. Obviously people knew that foriegn dignatories were coming, but this made them cram the airways, wanting to see them arrive; though they had to be kindly asked to move along, which didn't bring such a great response from some foreign visitors, though the Kylarnatians were fine with it. Envoys stood by on the side of the runways, standing out from the crowds with their transport as they waited to greet their guests. The first to emerge was Tsar Jacksov of Yustonia, whose envoy came forward, gave him a slight bow, and extended his arm out for a handshake whilst they led him to the transport. The next would be the Secretery of Foriegn Affairs from Bellganamos, whose envoy waited for him at the door of the aircraft and when he emerged, would give him a handshake and took him over to the transport. Then, it was the Royals of Winian Islands, whose envoy greeted them with a bow and then extended their arm out for a handshake, before guiding them over to the transport. The planes were then quickly guided off the runway, and with confirmation of the pilot, either set off again after being re-fueled or they would be stationed in one of the hangers and the piolets would be given a free spot in one of the hotels if possible and would be cared for until they set off again.

The Air Tower, however, dealed with those who called in and were yet to land. Along with the commercial flights, there were the select few who dealt with the diplomatic and foreign dignatories. The first was the Milogradian Colony of the United World Order, who was responded to almost immediatly. "Aircraft United World Order, Permission Granted. Please land on the airstrip designated with the emerald lights and please wait to be greete by your envoy. Welcome to Krytopia, heart of Kylarnatia - enjoy your stay." Then, it was the Royal Monarchy of Bisgea, who were picked up on satillite. "Air Squad Alpha, Permission to land granted. Please land on the airstrip designated with the jasmine purple lights and please wait to be greeted by your envoy. Welcome to Krytopia, heart of Kylarnatia - enjoy your stay."

The route towards the Winter Palace was a golden and luxurious one. Firstly, from the terminal the convoys carrying in the foreign dignatories would pass through old Krytopia, where some of the first ever settled buildings of the capital still stood like Krytopia University, along with the Imperial Archives and Capital Museum. Obviously the foundations had to be tended for over and over again, though it was worth it. Then they would enter the Government District, the administering arteries of the empires heart, with buildings designated as the Imperial Foriegn Affairs and the Imperial Ministry of Defence, all still standing on old foundations but the rest of the buildings more modern. Rows apon rows of statues also decorated the district, some being past monarchs and political figureheads, and some being foriegn dignatories who had been honoured by the Imperium Antiquus. The flags of Kylarnatia and its dominions also flew here, at a huge war memorial which stood on the left side of the road, infront of the Ministry of Defence. Thousands of people had lined the street, to greet the foreign visitors, able to give them a smile and a wave even in these dark times.

Then there was the Arts Plaza, where all sorts of cultures clashed together to paint, sing and act together, surrounded by a huge variety of coffee shops converted from old rennisance buildings. It was much bigger then it used to be, once just being a private area for the monarchs to go and watch some productions, but it had now obviously been released to the public domain. But then, came the grandest spectacle; the Capital Complex. Just before the Winter Palace, this was the heart of the capital itself - the main chamber of the heart. To the left was the Imperial Court, a huge golden basilica guarded like a fortress, but still kindly opened to visitors to have a look whilst not in session. To the right, was the Kylarnatian Grand Orthodox Church, which had built up from once just being a small old chapel. Its spire stretching up into the clouds, a statue of Queen Silvier, the first ever Kylarnatian Monarch, sat apon it, preying to the heavens, with actual diamonds in her stone crown. Then, at the center of the Capital Complex, was a gigantic statue of Tsar Yuri Volte Hyuga, father of Tsar Kain II, who was celebrated as one of the best Kylarnatian Rulers of all time. Before him was a statue of his consort, Empress Alice, who held a baby Tsaraviech Kain in her hands. It was surrounded by a huge fountain, which gathered many people and at certain street parties gave them permission to enter it like a pool, as it was technically big enough to be one. It'd certainly be dunked in at the coronation by visitors and citizens, that's for sure.

Then, on the final strait, they'd pass through the Imperial Gardens, one of the oldest environmental habitats in the city. They were owned privatly by the Monarchy, and were used as a public sanctuary for visitors. Not only could you go there to camp, picnic and see rare plants, you could go there to interact with the Kylarnatian Foxs, the national animal, who were now quite used to human behavior. After passing through there, they'd come to the Winter Palace, which stretched out like a giant as they'd pass through the crowds, who continued to throw flowers through the gate, then pull up before the Empress Dragoons and their enormous horses, and then they'd be guided into the palace and towards the Imperial Sitting Room, to meet the Tsarina, sign the visitors tome, and have all their things arranged...

Aquilinia
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Aquilinia » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:41 am

The Winter Palace
Krytopia
Kylarnatia

Felicia smiled. "Good to see you again too, Silvier." She leaned closer. "I'm afraid Violette decided against coming. She has also taken an indefinite leave of absence from her navy duties, and last thing I heard she left the port of Schweinfurt on her partner's ship. Kain's sacrifice has hit her extremely hard, she was crying for about a day without break when we got home, and soon went off." She shook her head sadly. "We have no clue where she is right now. I hope she'll be okay." As the others signed the tome and went to get some drinks, Sakura turned to Silvier with a melancholic smile on her face. "It has been seven hundred years since I last set foot on Kylarnatian soil. Much has changed, and it's hard to get used to it. When we got to the Imperial Gardens, the memories just overwhelmed me. I was surprised to see them almost exactly the same as they were during Queen Silvier's reign."

After signing the visitor's tome, Sakura followed the others to the drinks cabinet, where Felicia, Norina and Ulrich had al helped themselves to some Scotch and given Mindy some orange juice. Due to their frequent visits, Norina and Felicia both knew the selection of drinks provided almost by heart, so it didn't take them long at all. Sakura, on the other hand, thoroughly read the label of every single bottle, before taking out a bottle of red wine. She smiled as she poured herself a glass. "I see you still have the same wines," she said, smiling, as she put the bottle back and joined the others. "I remember sitting at the fire with Silvier all those years ago. One day we had a bottle each - quite some hilarity ensued. But that story is for another place." Felicia nodded as the Kitsune sat down next to her, and turned to the soon-to-be Tsarina. "So, who else is being expected?"

Formerly of Sondria

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 pm

A cup of tea rested on the green leather writing surface of an ancient, heavy desk. The wood of the desk was polished almost to a mirror shine, but that didn’t hide the dents and marks on the wood that had accumulated over time. A new addition to the ancient desk, a plasma screen monitor recessed on the left had side, bore an image of the seal of Kylarnatia. Below it was the text of the message sent by their government, thanking the Greater Holy Empire’s government. Next to the cup of tea was a sugar bowl, although this had been virtually emptied by the sole occupant of the room, who wore the expression of one who has just stepped in something unpleasant.

Perhaps he had been too free in offering things he might not be able to back up. Getting the Imperial Palace Complex to hang its flags at half mast was easy – a courtesy that would be readily extended to any ally, no matter how little contact had occurred between the two nations. However, the Iconoclastic Orthodox Church might not be so amenable. Or, rather, they might as for something in return. That made the Under-Minister tremble, as the Holy Emperor himself might not be too happy to concede anything to the already-powerful state religion of the Greater Holy Empire. Makarios wanted his career to progress within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and making the Holy Emperor unhappy was a sure fire way of preventing that from happening. It could even make the career regress.

And Under-Minister Vatatzkes would undoubtedly profit from this funeral. Makarios took a long pull from his cup, staring into the distance. He wondered how he could try to tweak things so that the offers made on behalf of the Church were, in fact, made by Vatatzkes rather than himself. And he realised that that could work, as Makarios was currently the in charge of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he couldn’t be expected to manage every task himself – delegation, after all, was the key to success.

He grinned to himself and leant back in the wingback office chair. That could work. The idea of the overly ambitious minor Under-Minister taking matters in to her own hands in order to further her own career. And, after all, she was in a foreign nation. Makarios could easily make it look like that was the case and that bitch Vatatzkes would be too far away to do anything about it.

The aeroplane was a significantly larger than Under-Minister Vatatzkes entourage needed. There were just ten of them, the Under-Minister included. Two of them were members of the Imperial Household Guard, the bodyguards of the Holy Emperor. There were several notaries and flunkies from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs itself as well as a priest from the Iconoclast Orthodox Church. Whether that body had been offended by Makarios’ offer, he wasn’t letting on. The man wore an expression of bewildered wonder and Vatatzkes thought that the man had never left his parish, let alone Europa. She made a point of being courteous and polite to him, but he seemed to offer nothing more than a puzzled grin whenever she tried to speak to him. In the end, she had given up.

The Under-Minister was also sure that at least one of the flunkies from her own Ministry was also a member of the Tagmatine Intelligence Network, the intelligence organisation of Tagmatium. She couldn’t tell which one, but they were undoubtedly there to watch and learn about the Ancient Empire as well as report back on the activities of herself and the rest of her entourage. As she didn’t know who it was, the Under-Minister felt that she was being watched all the time, which began to breed a sense of isolation. The Imperial Household Guards, resplendent in their black lacquered armour and red robes stood apart as well, spending their time playing the silent sentinel role. On top of that, she knew that Makarios was plotting her downfall back in Tagmatium.

She sighed to herself and looked at her watch. The Tagmatine aircraft was approaching its destination, Krytopia Imperial Airfield. The Under-Minister touch a button on the armrest of her chair, patching herself into the plane’s communication system. Doing so must have sent some sort of alert to the pilot, who immediately answered and pre-empted her question.

“We’re getting close to the destination, Under-Minister. We’ll be landing within half an hour.”

The Under-Minister nodded, before realising that such a gesture was pointless. She thanked the pilot and made herself comfortable in the chair she felt she had been sitting in for far too long. In twenty minutes or so, she would change in to the ceremonial clothes for an Under-Minister, designed to show the importance of her rank and, she thought, to overawe the barbarians would be gathering at this funeral.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Yustonian SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yustonian SSR » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:17 pm

The Tsar looked out towards the envoy who was standing there waiting for him, he walked down the airplane entry steps an shook the envoy's hand."How are you good sir?"
Last edited by Yustonian SSR on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tsar Jacksov I
Sovereign of Yustonia

Oterro

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm

11:35am | GMT + 2

Silvier sat back in some sadness at the news that Violette would not be attending, but it was completely understandable. Having a head monarch give their life for you was very tough on some people, and could even rip them apart at times because they feel it was a more valueble loss then if they had died, which was somewhat upsetting to think of for one or two people looking at it from the other viewpoint. Getting back up again to obtain another glass of orange juice, she came back to her guests and answered Felicias question. "Quite a few, by the looks of it. Some of our allies from Incursus, some of the members of Guanxi, notably Crontor..." Silvier somewhat hesitated at the end of the sentence, knowing that perhaps her current guests wouldn't like to hear the mention of that particular nation as such. Some Kylarnatians felt that the Crontorians were one of the key triggers towards the previous war and therefore their monarchs death, but it wasn't in the Kylarnatian heart to generally be so spiteful, therefore that feeling was generally kept deep down inside them.

Turning to Sakura, who seemed to be deep in exploration at all the things around the palace room, she sighed slightly. Knowing the things coming ahead, would this all be too much for her? Some very old traditions from the time of Silvier would appear in the funeral, and that might be a core thing that could infact rip the poor Kitsune apart. Grabbing her attention, Silvier spoke softly to her. "Sakura, are you comfortable getting used to all this again? I feel that some of the things that you'll see here over the next couple of days may upset you too much, and the things you may witness. At the funeral for example, Silviers Last Breath will be sung, as it always has been since you first sung it..." Silvier quietened as she finished her sentence, waiting for Sakura to react, and for the others to think why the hell there might be such a reaction, if there was the one Silvier was anticipating...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents