NATION

PASSWORD

The Prelude (Closed, Attn Malaysii, SPR)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Winian Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

The Prelude (Closed, Attn Malaysii, SPR)

Postby Winian Islands » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Ville de Winian, 5:21 AM

The sun rose over the already bustling city. Ville de Winian was the capital and largest city in the Winian Islands, the city itself was a mix of old an new. The financial district, with its pristine glass windows, gleamed in the orange light. The Palatial district, Garden Quarter, Port Area, and the rest of the city gradually awoke from its quietness. The unique styled streetlights turned off, and cabs began their runs for commuters. The city became alive again, and ferries went up and down the rivers. The sound of planes landing could be heard for miles. Cars zoomed and honked in the neighborhoods. In one of the oldest neighborhoods of the Garden Quarter, lived Albert Sayi. He was the oldest and only son of one of King James' siblings. He had invited Malaysii's Jack Vurell and San Pellegrino Romana's princess Alexandra and her brother for the upcoming three day weekend. They were to enjoy themselves and go about the city. He wrote them a telegram while sipping his morning coffee.

ImageAlbert Sayi
410 Rue de Tulanie
Ville de Winian, Winian Islands

Hello,

Looking forward to the upcoming weekend? I know I am. I booked you all tickets on Winian Airways First Class from Rome to here. I'm certain you's enjoy the flight, as the airline is rated 5 star by Auremena's Airtrax. I got you a three bedroom suite in the Marigny Hotel, and that's where my sisters live as well.

Thanks,
Albert Sayi.

At the moment he pressed the send button, Albert's sister Claudine came into the townhouse. She was the older of the twin sisters, her twin being Ariane. Claudine was engaged to Alexandra's brother. She had on a lilac sundress with purple edges, which complemented her dark brown hair and sea green eyes. As she poured herself some coffee, Albert came down and hugged her.

"They're coming."
"Great, I'll tell Ariane."
Royaume-Winien / ဝင်ယကျွန်းများာနိုင်ငံတော် / The Kingdom of the Winian Islands
Ni peur ni vaincu
Head of State: Her Majesty Queen Amélie Hélène Sayi
Head of Government: His Excellency Prime Minister Thierry Aung Than
Capital City: Naïam
Currency: Winian Franc
Factbook

Malaysii
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaysii » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 am

The Grand Palace, Toscana, Malaysii, 6:55 PM Malaysian Time

Jack had just gotten out of his evening shower when he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Who is it?" He asked, grabbing another towel to dry his hair.

"Its Frederick." A voice said from the other side of the door. Frederick was Jack's trusted servant and friend, who had been serving him since he was about 5. The man came in, holding a telegram. Jack took it.

"You may go, Fred." He said, calling him a nickname he used to use for him. He left, and Jack sat down at his desk, still in just a towel. He quickly read the telegram from Winian Island's Albert Sayi, and grabbed his pen and paper to write back.

Jack Anthony Vurell
101 Grand Duke Lane
The Grand Palace, Toscana, Malaysii

Ciao,

Of course! Thank you for booking the tickets, I'll pay you back when I get to your home? Anyways, I can't wait. Very good, I have heard good things about the Marigny. Right, then. I shall see you soon!

Best Regards,
Jack Vurell

OOCly; Just a quick note, I guess I shall have Jack traveling next post.

Winian Islands
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Winian Islands » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Albert was chatting with Claudine about the upcoming stay while the computer beeped. Albert got up and looked at the telegram from Jack Vurell. He marked the telegram as read before saying,

"God, I haven't seen Jack in so long, it's been maybe 8 years."
"And how did you count that up?" Asked Claudine, who was holding her handbag.
"Oh, the person who counted it was-"
"Ariane?"
"Actually, yes."
"It's so obvious she fawns over him."

The shower was turned off and Ariane walked out. Slipping on a silky pink robe, Ariane sat down at a medium sized vanity. Seeing that Claudine had left, Ariane thought to herself, "Good, they're coming." She brushed her hair, ignoring the water in her eyes. Spraying vanilla perfume on her self, the phone rang.

"Hello?" She asked, with her Osthian accent. "Oh sorry, wrong number."

Being an designer, Ariane was more fashion-conscious than her sister. She slid on black skintight jeans and a pale blue voile blouse with shoulder pads. She out on silver earrings before heading downstairs to the lobby. She walked out of the hotel.

"Would you like me to get your car miss?"
"No thanks."

Before long, Ariane's silver sedan swerved out onto the stone road.
Last edited by Winian Islands on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ni peur ni vaincu
Factbook

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:09 am

Princess Alexandra and her brothers, Prince Paolo and Prince Francesco, were all sitting on the patio of Le Petit Triagé, the "vacation home" of their family. It was a lazy summer day, with the sun setting over the glistening waters of Lake Garda and the crickets chirping as night approached.

All three royals chatted about various topics when Paolo got up to pour some more lemonade and said, "I wish we could go somewhere instead of just sitting here. I mean, it's nice and all, but this is routine is getting old.

Suddenly, Francisco Aldo, the head butler of their household, strolled across the lawn with a leather sack across his shoulder - this was the daily ritual of bringing the day's mail. Fan letters, charity requests, ads for new televisions, and usual packages of online shopping purchases made up the contents of the bag - but there was an exception.

As Alexandra looked through envelopes, she said, "Paolo, you may get your wish - we just received a letter from our old friends in the Winian Islands." With that being said, Alexandra opened the letter (with her brothers over her shoulders) and started writing a response.

From the Desk of HRH Alexandra of Piedmont

TO: Albert Sayi & Family
FROM: Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Piedmont & Family
RE: Accepting Your Invitation

Greetings Albert!

I am happy to say that my brothers and I have accepted your invitation to visit you and your sisters! It's been such a long time, I can hardly remember when we last met for a fun and relaxing get-together. Anyways, my brothers and I will board the Winian Airways flight and be there as soon as we can! Thanks for making all of the arrangements! See you soon!

Sincerely,

Alexandra & Family

P.S. By the way, Francesco can't wait to see Claudine!
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Winian Islands
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Winian Islands » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:53 am

The telegram was received as the beep of the computer was received.Albert quickly replied a thank you note ans screamed down to Claudine,

"He can't wait to see you!"
"Well I can't wait to see him!" She said, laughing.

At that moment, Ariane's silver car pulled up. Ariane got out, a silver clutch purse in her hands. Fumbling through it for the keys as she walked up to the front steps, a Green Peafowl walked out onto the lawn slowly. Ariane did not notice this, and quickly entered the house.

"You're here!"
"I am. When are they?"
"Flight comes in at 12 PM."

Ariane nodded at this and sat down in a plush leather chair and began to take out a small novella from her purse and began to read. Claudine poured another cup of coffee for Ariane and set down in front of her.
Ni peur ni vaincu
Factbook

Malaysii
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaysii » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 am

Over Ocean, Near Winian Islands, 9:55 PM Malaysian Time

Jack sat in his seat on the plane, reading a book that looked about as thick as a brick. It was a 'short' history of the Malaysian Monarchy, starting with his great-great-great-great Grandfather King Alexander Vurell I.

OOcly: I have to go for a bit, I'll get back to this later.

Winian Islands
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Winian Islands » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:00 pm

The time was now 11:10 AM Ville de Winian time. Albert looked at the clock before saying,

"It's almost time. Since there are four coming and my car is a 5-seater, why don't you two catch a Tuk-Tuk?"
"That's fine" called out Claudine, putting on her black shoes.
"I'm alright with that" said Ariane as she put her book back into the purse.

Albert started up his red 4 door car and asked the two,

"Are you alright with getting a Tuk-Tuk?"
'Yes, it's fine!" Claudine replied.

Albert then closed the door and drove off to the airport. Ariane and Claudine walked further down the road and Ariane raised her hand. A tuk-tuk driver stopped and asked,

"Di manakah anda mahu pergi?"
"Lapangan terbang sila." Ariane replied.
"Dua puluh Rhong."
"Itu baik."

The plane made its descent.
Ni peur ni vaincu
Factbook

Advertisement

Remove ads