NATION

PASSWORD

Problems in Submitting a Repeal (uncalled for removal)

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Kesheru
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Problems in Submitting a Repeal (uncalled for removal)

Postby Kesheru » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:48 pm

I have run into unnessisary crud trying to submit my legislation, requested that the "Clean Water Act" be repealed twice, the first time I submitted the repeal as a form of WA legislation, my bad I didnt know that repeals were their own thing. Now this time I have a problem, this is the second time ive sent it and i went through the proper channels this time, i searched through all the GA posts to find the original document and then I clicked Repeal and submitted my repeal of this act but it was removed. If the mods cannot keep records of their actions and remove a piece of legislation that should not be removed who do I go to? I will go to an Admin or freaking Max Berry himself if I gotta, this is tripe, i havent been explained anything clearly. I know my first submission was a noob mistake but this time there is no reasoning for my repeal.
Grand Holy Empire of Kesheru
__________GHEoK___________
FACTBOOK
viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=99389&p=4968429#p4968429

Motto
Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

Battle Cry
"For the Great Sculptor!"

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Moved to Moderation, the appropriate place to bring this up. I'm leaving this to a Game Mod, as I can't see what messages you've been sent when your proposals were removed.

Kesheru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kesheru » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Thankyou for moving Segistan. My problem I guess is that a moderator did not communicate to another that my previous proposal entitled "Repeal 'Clean Water Act'" was removed as it was submitted as a proposal and not a repeal. Now I resubmitted the repeal as a proper repeal this time but entitled "Repeal 'Clean Water Act'" also. It is legitamate to repeal this act I guess it was a miscommunication but I really really dont want to have to get an Admin involved, Ive been trying to pass this thing for 3 days now.
FACTBOOK

Motto

Battle Cry

Kesheru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kesheru » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:02 pm

If it will help I will post a copy of the repeal here so that any mods can help me determine EXACTLY why it is illigal and not just refering me to that Proposal page which I have read over and from how I understand it my repeal is not illigal.
FACTBOOK

Motto

Battle Cry

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:05 pm

From what I can see, your repeal (the 2nd proposal you submitted) was removed because it tried to introduce new legislation through a repeal. A repeal can only repeal the designated resolution - it cannot make any further impositions on nations or the World Assembly.

Kesheru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kesheru » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 pm

So my "repeal" is both? To get an actual repeal of the bill all I need to do is post:

Repeal "Clean Water Act"
Advancement of Industry
Significant

The purpose of this repeal is to deregulate the methods of water usage in industry and military endeavours and grant more freedom to corporations and governments subject to the WA resolution "Clean Water Act"

Though obviously not in orange.
FACTBOOK

Motto

Battle Cry

Kesheru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kesheru » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Am I correct on my last post?
FACTBOOK

Motto

Battle Cry

Kesheru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kesheru » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I am guessing that is the correct answer and if my appeal is rejected again on "illigal" grounds I will be back.
FACTBOOK

Motto

Battle Cry

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Kesheru wrote:So my "repeal" is both? To get an actual repeal of the bill all I need to do is post:

Repeal "Clean Water Act"
Advancement of Industry
Significant

The purpose of this repeal is to deregulate the methods of water usage in industry and military endeavours and grant more freedom to corporations and governments subject to the WA resolution "Clean Water Act"

Though obviously not in orange.

No. Your proposal should explicitly state that you're repealing the designated resolution, and should include arguments for doing so, and should comply with the Rules for GA Proposals.
Kesheru wrote:Am I correct on my last post?

Why don't you wait more than 4 minutes before bumping a thread in Moderation? I, like the other Moderators here, am an unpaid volunteer, who moderates this site in my own time. Show some patience.
Kesheru wrote:I am guessing that is the correct answer and if my appeal is rejected again on "illigal" grounds I will be back.

And that was a total of 9 minutes you waited, before giving up and submitting?

I'm not making a ruling on your proposal - I'm leaving that to a Game Mod to decide. However, given that the two arguments in your repeal are effectively "it's unfair" and "it's unjust", with no justification given for either, I think you'll find your proposal is probably illegal. I'm not sure it even clearly says it's repealing "Clean Water Act".

My recommendation is that you submit a Getting Help Request asking a Game Mod to remove it, so that you can post the text of your proposal in the drafting thread you have, and get some feedback on improving it. Alternatively, you could leave it up, and take your chances on it getting deleted (and you getting warned again) - but I really wouldn't advise that.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation