NATION

PASSWORD

Kingdom of Grays Harbor Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:59 am

Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:(this nation is 8 years old, and I've been developing it since that time.)

Jeez! Is it finished now or...?

Finished? Never. I am always adding new things and history. I'll be "finished" when they plant me, most likely.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Kalaspia-Shimarata wrote:Jeez! Is it finished now or...?

Finished? Never. I am always adding new things and history. I'll be "finished" when they plant me, most likely.

What do you mean they "plant you?"
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:52 am

"plant me", as in, die, as in, grave.
OOC time is over, please.

Not Ta'veren

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:02 am

IC: Why are there stamps from A Mean Old Man in YOUR factbook?
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:04 am

:palm:

from that post....

Issued to celebrate the AMOM art exhibition at the Royal National Museum of Art in Aberdeen.

now please stop. This is my factbook, not a Q&A thread.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:32 am

1.) The First Royal Numismatics Society national Conference was held in 1864 and has been held every 3 years since then. In 1900, the 13th Society Conference changed their name to the Royal National Numismatics Exhibition for the Kingdom Centennial in 1901. The RNNE is one of the largest numismatics exhibitions in the world, with participants from many countries.

2.) The Royal Gymnastics Federation was founded in 1911 and is the governing body for all gymnastics in the Kingdom and Commonwealth.

3.) The Otavelle Library had been the library of the Dukes of Malkier. In 1800 a new building was begun in Otavelle, a suburb of Westport. Finished in 1810, the year long process of moving the collection was begun, opening in June of 1811. In 1824 the library was opened to the public. The libarary currently houses the largest collection of books and documents in the Kingdom.

4.) Issued as a memorial for Queen Marilyn who died in January 2011. Born in 1989, she reigned as Queen from 2005-2008, abdicating when she was diagnosed with advanced cancer.

5.) Birth Centennial of Marshal Sir William Edmundsen, Commander of the Royal Army from 1949-1955, Chief Marshal of the Defense Ministry from 1955-68 and Defense Minister from 1970-1987. He died in 1998.

6.) In 1911 the alegory "Harberia" was officially adopted by Parliament as the National Symbol. First drawn in 1809, she had been the unofficial and defacto symbol until 1911. She has appeared on many coins, stamps and posters of the Kingdom.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 am

For 2011 the obverse of the ½ Pence coin has been changed from a bust of the King to the Royal Cypher "SVI". All other coins remain the same as 2010 except for a new date.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:23 am

Royal Post stamp issues for the 2nd quarter of 2011

SUBJECT: River Fish of the Kingdom, Part 4
ISSUE DATE: 6 April
DESCRIPTION: Part 4 of a series highlighting fresh water and game fish of the Kingdom

SUBJECT: Century of Harberian Arctic Exploration
ISSUE DATE: 21 April
DESCRIPTION: Commemorating the first Harberian arctic expedition in 1911

SUBJECT: Armed Forces Day
ISSUE DATE: 15 May
DESCRIPTION: The modern Royal Navy and Marines are the subject of this years Armed Forces Day issue.

SUBJECT: Fire Brigades
ISSUE DATE: 3 June
DESCRIPTION: Celebrating the 250th Anniversary of the formation of the first public fire brigade in the Kingdom, and highlighting the advances in firefighting.

SUBJECT: Birth centennial of Sir Andrew yarrow
ISSUE DATE: 19 June
DESCRIPTION: Celebrating the birth of Physicist and Educator Sir Andrew Yarrow.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:02 am

A Table of Contents for the factbook has been added here, which hopefully will simplify navigation through the factbook and finding specific information easier.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:05 am

Grant-Farley F.13
Introduced in 1920, the F.13 was used by both civil airlines and the military. The military versions were used for light equipment transport and as medical patient transport. The military versions were all retired by 1936, but many civil and private aircraft continued operating as late as the mid 50's.

General characteristics
Crew: 2
Capacity: 4 passengers
Length: 10.50 m (34 ft 5.5 in)
Wingspan: 17.75 m (58 ft 2.8 in)
Height: 3.60 m (11 ft 10 in)
Wing area: 44.0 m² (474 ft²)
Empty weight: 1,480 kg (3,262 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 2,318 kg (5,111 lb)
Powerplant: 1× L5 6 cylinder straight engine, 228 kW (310 hp)
Performance
Maximum speed: 198 km/h (123 mph)
Cruise speed: 170 km/h (106 mph)
Service ceiling: 5,090 m (16,700 ft)
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Serchar-Batelo
Envoy

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Serchar-Batelo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 am

Grays Harbor wrote:For 2011 the obverse of the ½ Pence coin has been changed from a bust of the King to the Royal Cypher "SVI". All other coins remain the same as 2010 except for a new date.

(Image)

Just wondering... What can you buy for a ½ pence in Grays Harbor?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 am

Serchar-Batelo wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:For 2011 the obverse of the ½ Pence coin has been changed from a bust of the King to the Royal Cypher "SVI". All other coins remain the same as 2010 except for a new date.

(Image)

OOC: With current value of the Crown being what it is, the ½P coin is roughly equivelent to the Canadian Penny in value, or about 4/5ths of a US Penny. It occupies much the same niche in our monetary system as those coins.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Serchar-Batelo
Envoy

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Serchar-Batelo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:07 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Serchar-Batelo wrote:

OOC: With current value of the Crown being what it is, the ½P coin is roughly equivelent to the Canadian Penny in value, or about 4/5ths of a US Penny.

So, just about nothing.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:11 am

Serchar-Batelo wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:OOC: With current value of the Crown being what it is, the ½P coin is roughly equivelent to the Canadian Penny in value, or about 4/5ths of a US Penny.

So, just about nothing.

Please confine questions and comments to the content of the factbook. Editorializing is not appreciated nor wanted.

If you have specific comments or concerns, please TG me with them.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:11 am

The Royal Coast Guard is a department of the Home Ministry and is considered a non-military member of the National Royal Forces, and as such is eligible as a choice for those subject to national service laws. The Bureau of Lighthouses is, since 1898, a department of the Coast Guard.

The primary mission statement of the Royal Coast Guard:
1.) Enforcement of Crown Law and International Maritime law within the territorial waters and inland waterways of the Kingdom and Commonwealth.
2.) Maintenance and operation of all lighthouses and navigational aides on all territorial waters and inland waterways.
3.) The conduct of Search and Rescue (SAR) services on all territorial waters and inland waterways and to include assisting the Royal National Lifeboat Service in coastal rescue as requested.
4.) Assisting the Royal Navy as necessary for SAR services in international waters.
5.) Maintain and operate all pilotage services in ports of the Kingdom and Commonwealth.
6.) Assist and cooperate with the Office of Maps, Charts and Navigation in the maintenance and reporting of navigational hazards within the territorial waters and inland waterways of the Kingdom and Commonwealth.
7.) Responsible for the inspection and licensing of private civilian watercraft registered in the Kingdom and Commonwealth.

Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 am

MILITARY AND NAVAL RANK AND PAYGRADE CHART

Not Ta'veren

Shan Khai
Political Columnist

Founded: May 01, 2010

Postby Shan Khai » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:04 am

SHAN KHAI CENTRAL RAILROAD
The SKCR was first organized by a group of businessmen from the capitol city of Tianjin in 1887. By 1893 a line had been built which extended to the port city of Shianren. Building of lines continued until 1912 to connect to other major cities as well. The railroad currently consists of over 2000 track-miles and runs both frieght and passenger trains 365 days of the year.

A typical engine of the Shan Khai Central Railroad.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Starting in the mid 1930's with the Flying Fish class submarines, the Royal Navy operated seaplanes from select subs. There were only 2 classes built, the already mentioned Flying Fish class of 1936-48, and the Skipjack class from 1943-67. The Flying Fish's operated a single Pelican seaplane, and the Skipjack's were capable of operating up to 3 Seagulls.

Both aircraft types were also used from shore bases in the scouting and SAR rolls, and by the Coast Guard for SAR. They also operated from seaplane tenders for extended operations.

While they did enjoy some measure of success operating from the submarines, their usefullness in that roll was somewhat limited oweing to the requirements for near perfect sea conditions for launch and recovery, and the time required for set up prior to launch and the take down required to stow the aircraft after recovery. They were much more successfull operating from shore installations and from the tenders. The Skipjacks had their aircraft removed in 1954, and they operated as normal submarines after that until their retirement during the 1960's.

Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Fleet Air Arm Fighters throughout History
(Does not include current active service fighters)

Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 am

CURRENT VESSELS OF THE ROYAL COAST GUARD

Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not Ta'veren

Aldeshar
Political Columnist

Postby Aldeshar » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:37 am

FLAGS AND ARMS OF THE DOMINION OF ALDESHAR

The Dominion became independent in 1884, the first of the colonies to gain independence and remain a member of the Empire and Commonwealth.

States of the Dominion

Syvorji
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Tue May 31, 2011 8:07 pm

How many Syvorjins live in Grays Harbor?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue May 31, 2011 8:12 pm

Syvorji wrote:How many Syvorjins live in Grays Harbor?

No idea. Probably just embassy and consular staff, I would imagine.

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 am

The immigration policy for the Kingdom is that any person or persons seeking to immigrate to the Kingdom must seek an immigrant visa from the Grays Harbor embassy in their current nation of residence. We only encourage legal immigration. Illegal immigrants are immediately deported. If a person is caught illegally entering our nation a second time, it is treated as a misdemeanor and can carry a penalty (if convicted) of up to 120 days in gaol and/or a 1000 Crown fine. Third and subsequent violations are treated as a felony and can carry a penalty of up to 3 years in a Crown prison and /or a 10'000 Crown fine. Anybody claiming refugee status must apply either at a Grays Harbor Embassy or Consulate, or in an emergency at the Customs Office at the Port of debarkation (airport, rail terminal, or seaport)

The bottom line is that if you wish to immigrate to the Kingdom, do so legally and by following appropriate Crown Law.

Basic requirements for legal immigration:
1.) A basic ability to communicate in either Harberian or Anglic
2.) Have not been convicted of a felony in your nation of citizenship or residence.
3.) Not seeking immigrant status to avoid prosecution in your nation of citizenship or residence.
Legal immigrant status may be revoked at any time if convicted of Class 1 or 2 felonies; if it is proven that immigration documents were falsified; or if it is proven you entered the Kingdom for criminal purposes.

Refugee status, either temporary or permanent, may be granted for the following situations:
1.) Fear of persecution for political or religious reasons.
2.) Natural disasters that make habitation impossible.
3.) War

Those seeking permanent refugee status are encouraged, after 18 months, to seek legal immigrant status. Most refugees’ are granted refugee visas for a 1-year term, and may be renewed after that on an annual basis upon review of the particular situation.

Not Ta'veren

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information