NATION

PASSWORD

The Nephilim Rising [Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Automagfreek
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Nephilim Rising [Open]

Postby Automagfreek » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:01 pm

A single flag bearing the red and black insignia of the Freekish nation fluttered gently in the dusky air, flying solemnly high above the square outside the Great Hall. Fifty thousand souls stood cloaked in silence as the last rays of sunlight licked the horizon, leaving in its wake a haunting swirl of deep purple, orange, and red. These were the Sentinels of Automagfreek, the fiercest fighters known throughout history... born of fire and madness many centuries before. As darkness enveloped the land, a faint glimmer of light could be seen from the balcony of the ancient palace as the Imperial Warlord, Vladius Dreadfire, stepped out into view. Flanked by two torch bearing Death Dealers, he advanced towards the microphone that had been set up on the railing and stood silently for but a moment, his eyes scanning the endless masses that had gathered to hear his decree.

It had been many years since the presence of Automagfreek had been felt on the global stage. The Imperial Warlord had halted all of its long running conquests in order to rebuild an economy that had been ravaged by decades of nearly endless warfare, and the military machine that drove the engine of Imperial expansion was in need of revitalization. All of these things had now been accomplished, but the cost was high; AMF no longer commanded the same fear and respect that it once did on the international stage, but this was of little to no consequence. Vladius cared not for the musings of infidels and lesser nations, and soon the greased and repairs gears of war would start turning once more.

My children... sons of Automagfreek, you stand before me as a great monolith; defiant and eternal. The pages of history were writ with the blood of those slain by your predecessors, and by the blood of those who wore the Sentinel uniform before you. I speak to you now at the coming of a New Dawn, for this great nation has been awakened from its slumber once more to take its rightful place as host of all nations. Our strength and our resolve has been rebuilt in the time you have given me, and now the wheels of conquest are beginning to turn. Expand or die, this has been the philosophy that has guided our great nation to glory and riches unknown to anyone but we fortunate few. No longer shall we be content to lurk in the shadows while lesser men take what is rightfully ours!

The mass of motionless figures erupted in cheers, hailing their leader and raising high the banners of their great nation; the crimson and black of House Dreadfire; the green, grey, and gold of the Advocate; the silver and blue of the West Wind. They were roused and ready for whatever the fates held in store for them, and they would be honored to fight, bleed, and die to achieve new glory just as it was earned through the blood-price paid by their ancestors.

The God of War speaks to me, and he curses our names and our houses. He grows angry at our complacency and indifference, and demands a blood sacrifice of ten billion souls to stay his wrath... and you, brave sons of Automagfreek, have been tasked with filling his cup. Let the blood flow, and let the fires burn! We march now, to the ends of the Earth if the Gods command it. By the Winds, let their will be done!

The news that evening spoke ominously of the war drums now beating throughout the Imperial Republic. Seventeen billion souls within Automagfreek stood in solidarity, for their hard earned glory and honor had all but faded into oblivion. The time had come for the Sentinel hordes to descend upon the world and lay claim to lands, riches, and resources that rightfully belonged to the people of AMF. Across almighty Gholgoth, Freekish military units began to prepare themselves for immediate deployment, with the intention of bolstering Freekish holdings first on the outskirts of the region, and then eventually across the planet....
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Motuka
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:38 pm

The room sparkles. The tapestries are gaudy, their patterns constantly shifting through some trickery. The floors are carpeted, overladen with expensive furniture. The glass covering the south wall in intricately fascinating patterns of angles and polygons is not a window but a mirror.

"Tell me a story," says the fat man, reclining upon an immaculate divan, his robes stained with expensive brandy.

The thin man speaks in grave, saturnine tones: "Once upon a time, in a land called Automagfreek, there was a man named Damien Dreadfire, who divided his time between being dead and invading other nations. Eventually he gained a small degree of notoriety.—Finger food?"

A servant, materialising from beyond a beaded curtain, passes the plate on to the thin man. From the plate the fat man's fingers take a finger.

"He conquered many nations, and found new and exciting ways of being peed on by gypsies; but when he passed from the limelight, the Freeks went with him. But it is said that sometimes, if you are passing by Gholgoth late at night and you listen hard, you can hear the sounds of sabre rattling."

"And what is the moral of the story?"

"Hmm? No idea, something about all glory being fleeting or whatever." The thin man draws a finger of his own and chews on it thoughtfully, taking small dainty bites. "I bring this up only because there is some noise coming out of Gholgoth again. Something may genuinely happen in the next few months or so. Perhaps whoever's in charge at the moment will mysteriously come back from the dead."

"And how relevant exactly is that to Atraxa?" asks the fat man, trying and failing to raise himself to a sitting position.

"Don't worry your pretty face about it," says the thin man, glancing at the fat man's decidedly non-pretty face. "I assure you I shall do nothing to waste Atraxians' tax money -- particularly not on something like this. Could be worth following, however."

"How so? If it concerns us, the Elohai Kashri will convene all of the city-states to determine a course of action. If it doesn't, why care? The Goths are nothing more than barbarians. Irrelevant in the modern, civilised day and age. Is the tongue as tough as it was yesterday?"

"Hopefully not," says the thin man. "You may have the cook shot if so."

The tongue is, indeed, not terribly tough. Giving in to a sudden attack of curiosity, the fat man asks: "What sort of noise are the Goths making, anyway?"

"Something about going to war too often and suffering economically as a result. Now that prosperity is restored, they are naturally going to war again. It's the most logical decision possible in the circumstances." The thin man sets down the plate on one of apparently countless small tables.

The fat man laughs, not raucously. "I told you they were barbarians."

"Indeed. I'll wager they don't even eat their enemies."
Last edited by Motuka on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

The Naacal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2009

Postby The Naacal » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Alythren-Naras glowed at night, with it's eerie, almost otherworldly luminescence emanating from many of the glass and crystalline towers and pyramids. At the 120th floor of the Imperial Pyramid, tallest building in the city, a man looked out over the city and smiled.

The past few weeks had been tumultuous, at least as far as Naacalian internal politics got. A man claiming his decent from the Lerian Dynasty had challenged Emperor Nerys XV to the Tests of Competence. Nerys XV had led the Empire well, but many were begining to show signs of dissaffection. Many had begun to feel the hunger for war. Indeed, in an ironic twist of fate the Adranielists of the Motherland had seen more action recently. The Tests had been long and trying, consisting of both mental and physical trials, as well as other testing involving some of the Ebon Class items stored in the Vault of Eternity. When it was over, Nerys XV admitted his defeat, and turned the Crown and Sceptre over to his challenger, who was coronated as Emperor Lerian XII. A name forever steeped in Naacalian history...and in blood.

The name Lerian was held in the highest regard in Naacal, and was even thought of in the Motherland, albeit in a more infamous context. Centuries ago, Lerian IX had been faced with chaos and insurrection in the newly conquered territory of Ne'Threl. The indigenous Muslim rebels had avoided battle with the Imperial Army, and instead had resorted to tactics that in the current age would be called Terrorism. Lerian IX, then dwelling in the city of Adraniel's Light on the Motherland, had resorted to harsher and harsher tactics to put down the rebels. Then finally, the insurrectionists kidnapped a number of Mu citizens and tortured them to death, mutilating the bodies.

Lerian IX had listened to the reports come in, and then stayed silent as if contemplating. Then he turned to face his advisors and generals, and said simply "Let their people know pain, let their children know despair, erase these subcreatures from the earth!" Over the next 40 years, a campaign of extermination began, with fire and steel, the lands of Ne'Threl were Purified of chaos, and purified of human life. Legend had it that even Ebon technology was used in the scourging. By the time the Purification was over, no muslim walked the sands or streets of Ne'Threl. Unfortunately, the Mu population reacted aghast to the horror Lerian IX unleashed on the natives, and to prevent civil war and chaos, Lerian IX and a great many of the Order of the Warbringer left Mu, along with their families and supporters.

Eventually settling in Gholgoth, the people took their racial name of Naacal as the name of their new state, a state devoted to Almighty Enrial of the First Triune. Enigmatic like his two companions, Enrial was known as a general and conquerer, earning the title "Warbringer" among ancient and modern Naacal alike. Lerian XII now promised the people what Nerys XV could not deliver. War.

Lerian XII did not to the surface appear terrifying or imposing. Androgynous like most Mu, he had long blond hair that reached down to his waist and was even by high Naacalian standards considered beautiful. He wore traditional Mu formal grab, a light robe of shimmering fabric complemented by a black, dark blue, and amber trimmed cape. Anyone looking into his eyes though could sense a will in them, and something undefinable...something terrifying.Those eyes turned now from the skyline of the capital and to Fleet Admiral Nalreth, CinC of the Naacal Imperial Fleet. "Can you feel it Admiral? The Hunger?"

Nalreth looked at his sovereign and nodded. "Yes, All-Highest. The people hunger for war, they want to bring Judgment to this world of Chaos, like the FIrst Triune once did to our own people." Lerian laughed, a soft yet somehow sinister laugh. "Automagfreek stirs as well, they can sense it too. War is coming. Those who have forgotten the fear our regions name generated are due for a wake-up call. Naacalians and Freeks shall bring the terror...and the joy of war to the world."

Looking closer at Nalreth, Lerian XII spoke in a softer, almost kind tone. One tinged with an odd hint of almost reverie. "Your family has sworn fealty to Enrial ever since the Judgment War, Admiral. I am sure the Warbringer would be proud of you. Now, let us go to the Operations room, we have a campaign to plan."

Throughout Naacal, Military units of all the services began increasing the time spent drilling. New ships were completing their fitting out, including the Invasion Fortress aptly named Lerian IX. In darker factories, Conversion Units were being prepared. Not to the level of the devices of the same name used by the Ancients, these would nethertheless ensure that even death would be no salvation to the enemies of the Mu. War was coming.
Last edited by The Naacal on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crimmond
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimmond » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:20 pm

"The God of War speaks to me, and he curses our names and our houses. He grows angry at our complacency and indifference, and demands a blood sacrifice of ten billion souls to stay his wrath... and you, brave sons of Automagfreek, have been tasked with filling his cup. Let the blood flow, and let the fires burn! We march now, to the ends of the Earth if the Gods comm-"

The image on the video screen froze and one of Dreadfire's fellow Gothic Lords sat back in her chair, considering the options. The empress sighed. "I will think on these events and reach a decision shortly. Leave me." After the last of her advisors left, Ursala stood and walked up to the screen, looking into Dreadfire's frozen eyes. "And what do you think I should do?"

A voice behind her spoke. "He's not the person you should be asking such things." She turned and saw it was her dear brother Koro, still a Captain and still a submarine skipper despite his age and the Navy's attempts to promote him off his boat. "He's not to be trusted. If you sail with Vladius, you will find Sentinels in the streets when you return... if you return. He has annexed Gothic nations before... the Reavers fell to him. What makes you think we won't be his next target?"

"You really think he would invade us?" She asked walking around the study, slowly. "The last time Freek and Crimm fully clashed swords, a whole alliance broke apart. Our nations would destroy each other."

"Unless we make him back down."

====

One Week Later

====

The battleship Empire, a relic from World War II that had been kept in service as a matter of pride and served through two more such wars rose and fell in the swells. It was the flagship of a surface fleet 3/4 the size that of Automagfreek and a submarine fleet larger than any in Gholgoth. And on it's bridge stood Ursala Mobuto. She had a full half the fleet with her, pulled in from patrols. the other half was patrolling the waters of Crimmond. Not one ship that was rated for fleet combat was left in port.

Ahead, just over the horizon, was the lands of Automagfreek. "Cut speed to one quarter. Contact Dreadfire... if you can't get him, get me Hartman."

Ten minutes later, Mobuto stood in front of a video screen. "I am here because of the call put out by the Freeks. I am here not to join your quest... but to ensure that Crimmond does not become your next target. We will hold a station here, on your doorstep, until such time as I am personally satisfied that you will not attempt to annex my nation as you did to your other unshakable ally, the Evenstar. To put it bluntly, I don't trust the Freeks so long as the wrong Dreadfire is on the throne. Crimmond has seen nothing but treachery from the Freeks since Damien Dreadfire stepped down... a dark cloud has settled permanently over your lands and I will not see it appear over my own. We will not be moved from these waters... and any attempt to do so will be seen as an act of war. A war that will cost both of us our Empires... but will see mine die free, not as a conquered land." She cuts the transmission before any reply can be made and the fleet spreads out into a very loose, sprawling congregation that effectively blocks the most direct route around the Gothic mainland to Crimm waters. Below the fleet and all around it, the screws of submarines can be heard from time to time... hundreds of them.

Mobuto strode back onto the bridge, then out onto one of the outer walkways and stared out into the sea. "Now what, Vladius?" She muttered, looking towards AMF. This was the second time she had dared oppose the Freek warlord. Once was an ill fated attempt to keep Pantera a free land... and now an attempt to keep her own lands free. History would show how it was fated to be, as a recording of the message to AMF was broadcast across the region.

Empress Ursala Mobuto

(because of the time jump in the post, feel free to ignore it until the appropriate amount of time has passed in your own posts.)
Last edited by Crimmond on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Being More Awesome Than You Since March 26, 2003.

Third Founding Lord of Gholgoth

Borman Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Borman Empire » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Official Imperial Statement:

The ever-mighty Borman Empire is troubled to see Crimmond, a declared ally of Automagfreek, acting in such a hostile fashion and deploying a massive naval force off Freekish shores. We'd like to remind Crimmond that given the most basic tenants of alliance - hostilities are not to occur between Gholgoth nations. This is not because it is expressly forbidden, but common courtesy, function, loyalty, basic operable intelligence, and more, prevent allied nations from engaging in hostile actions against each other. This is especially true in Gholgoth, the most powerful of alliances. The Empire will not tolerate any military action directed against Ghologh nations, and if such action comes from another Gholgoth nation, we will ensure that the only souls left to regret it serve the rest of their lives in slave camps.

On another note, The Empire would like to warn Automagfreek - both our nations have been absent from the world stage for too long. We should not underestimate our enemies...we should proceed with extreme prejudice.

Crimmond
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimmond » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Ursala read the message from the Borman Empire and considered her response. She would have liked to have consulted Koro, but he was not on board the Empire... he was instead somewhere beneath the armada she commanded, on the Democracy's Bane. It had been his command for nearly a decade now and the sub was among the best crewed in the fleet.

So she turned her thoughts inward. How would the leaders of the past have progressed? After some amount of deliberation, she found herself inspecting her left hand... or rather the steel cap that covered the bony stump where that hand used to be. It had been almost twenty years since the day she lost it. In those years, she had risen through the ranks and fought for control over the Empire. She had personally executed her predecessor and took that woman's throne, placing the Empire effectively under the Imperial Navy's authority.

She finally pressed a button on the desk in front of her and started to dictate to the computer...

We would like to remind the Borman Empire that we are one of the founding members of this alliance you speak of. I know full well what it means to be a Gothic Lord. I also know that the current warlord of Automagfreek made his first goal the subjugation of the Reavers. Let me ask you... if Pantera is not safe from Sentinel attack, what makes you think you are? And why should I think Crimmond will be?

This alliance started with three nations... Automagfreek, Pantera and Crimmond. Others came soon enough, but we were the first three. And one of these three has proven to be treacherous and fully annexed another. Why should the third not wonder if they are next?

I commend your commitment to the cause. I share that commitment. That is why my fleet is here... to ensure that the Freeks are equally committed and to show them the price of not being so. It is the Freeks that dictate my next course of action. Vladius... not me. He has made his declaration and I have made mine.

Now I wait to hear the response for the Supreme Warlord.

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Postby Automagfreek » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:18 pm

This Mobuto continues to be a thorn in my side. Her eagerness to prove herself is a dangerous gamble... Vladius mumbled as he scanned over the transmission. Quickly he took up the keyboard on his personal computer and crafted a brief but to the point message, for he could not be bothered to feed the Empress's ego for too long.

Your suspicion is indeed misplaced should you think that the Freekish nation would turn its attentions inward. You speak of the Panteran tragedy but yet fail to see that the Reavers have taken charge of their destiny once more, and an heir to their throne has emerged. Celebrated this moment has been throughout Automagfreek, for our valiant Reaver allies have been reborn through fury and hellfire, ready to pillage and conquer as their ancestors once did. I took no personal pleasure in my actions, but they were for the best and have born fruit.... for Pantera lives.

This new calling, this new rallying cry, has nothing to do with spreading strife across almighty Gholgoth, oh no. This is a call to arms for all Gothic Lords to unite once more and take up the swords of our forefathers. This world has been bastardized by the rule of lesser men, and it is our duty as the eternal guardians of this planet to reclaim our place. A tall order, some may say, but well within our grasp. Now, will Crimmond stand beside Automagfreek as it once did, taking what we pleased and answering to none? Or will Crimmond stand in the way of what may be our last chance to reclaim the glory of old? Our ships set sail for international waters in two days. Your answer will come soon enough, for if we sail without incident we will know where Crimmond's true loyalties lie.

Having said all he cared to say to the Empress, Vladius returned to his chambers to continue preparations for the coming campaigns with his top generals and advisers. AMF was well rehearsed in the art of mobilizations, having participated in more than thirty wars and numerous other small scale interventions, and the millions of soldiers and personnel knew exactly what had to be done. In total, some one hundred million men were called upon to serve their Imperial Warlord and almighty Gholgoth.... a force that Automagfreek could easily muster. Only those within the privileged halls of the Gothic Lords would know who would be on the receiving end of Sentinel wrath, for it would soon be loosed on a scale never before seen throughout the long history of the Freekish nation.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Abruzi
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Abruzi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:32 pm

The stirring in Gholgoth were not beneath the notice of the “Ashen Tsar”. Minister of Contentment, Dmitri Siloviki had requested hourly reports when the Freeks had first called for war, now he received them almost constantly. The Neo Bolshevist Union was tied up in several locations, the troubles in Europa, the Dissolution of the Conglomerate and the formation of the Phoenix Conglomeration. The growing conflict over Sanctuary and the construction of Bastion also taxed the Neo Bolshevists. Still, the thought of going to war alongside the ancient and powerful nations of Gholgoth was tempting. Tempting, the thought of going to war merely for glory and honor was tempting to the Ashen Tsar, the man who could with a word mobilize the rest of the Neo Bolshevist Union.

The Politburo was called and the other members informed. There was no possibility that they would vote against Dmitri Siloviki, Minister of Contentment and de facto leader of the Neo Bolshevist Union. To do so would be Other-Think, other think of an almost counterrevolution sort. To voice such thoughts or even be accused of them was instant death. Traitor to the Party would warrant either elimination of existence or public trial and execution. The really lucky ones would be sent to a Special Settlement in Urdustan. There death would come slowly but marginally less painful then the methods the Ministry of Contentment used. Marginally.

The meeting room was like always, dark. Hardly illuminated by a large fireplace that was set against the far wall. The fire cast an almost primitive air upon the meeting and the Ashen Tsar’s personage reminded those older Politburo members of the final Forge King, the barbaric Usurper. His steely eyes like always swept the room and even here he did his job. Weeding out the non-orthodox thinkers was a constant task and even as he paced behind the Politburo he had one of the members taken from the room. Satisfied that this would force the rest of the Politburo to heed his words the Ashen Tsar stopped pacing and sat. The quiet smush of the leather was the only sound in the room as the Politburo as one sat. All eyes were upon Dmitri and many wore looks of open admiration or awe on their faces.

In an almost whisper the Minister of Contentment spoke,

"Товарищи, друзья, это было в течение пяти десятилетий после революции. Пять десятилетий эксплуатации Forge короля Густава заручился поддержкой Пролетарская и Neo большевистской партии. Пять десятилетий, так как я взял на себя мантию Министерство удовлетворения. Пять десятилетий, что я не променяла бы далеко ни за что. Я горжусь тем, что служил Neo большевистской Союза до тех пор, как я. Я боюсь, что время быстро подходит к концу. Я старых товарищей, я не могу найти его, но я. "

“Comrades, friends, it’s been over five decades since the revolution. Five decades since the Exploitative Forge King Gustav enlisted the support of the Proletarian and the Neo Bolshevist Party. Five decades since I’ve taken up the mantle of the Ministry of Contentment. Five decades that I would not trade away for anything. I’m honored to have served the Neo Bolshevist Union for as long as I have. I fear that time is fast coming to an end. I am old Comrades, I may not look it but I am.”

The Minister rose and walked to the door. Knocking on it he stepped aside and smiled as his son was ushered into the room. Rurik’s wheel chair moved across the floor, the young man’s muscular arms pushing it along. He was clad in a simple ash colored tunic. He was clothed simply but his eyes expressed such rage, such rage. He made his way to the head of the table and sat, all knew what was to be suggested and all knew that they would either vote yes or perish. Reactionary Thought had a very vague definition in the minds of the Ministry of Contentment and voting against Dmitri Siloviki was well within it’s bounds.

"Товарищи, я двигаюсь, что мой сын, Рюрик силовиков, возьми мою должность министра удовлетворение."

“Comrades, I move that my son, Rurik Siloviki, take my post as Minister of Contentment.”

The votes were of course unanimously in approval. Unanimously ushering in a new era in the history of the Neo Bolshevist Union. A new era of expansion and destruction. For the rest of the meeting Rurik spoke and already he proved to be more brutal and forceful than his father. His voice was less soothing, less deceptively kind. It was gravely, a deep rumble that invoked fear, a natural primal fear. His was also more obvious in his dominance of the Politburo. He even went so far as to proclaim that the Military should have a seat that was equal with the Ministry of Contentment. Naturally the second man of the Revolution, Petrov Ivanovitch Molotov was elevated to this pedestal despite his advanced years.

Together the two proclaimed the Neo Bolshevist Union’s intent to aid the Gothic Crusade, yet how would they make this known to the Freeks? How would they relay their word that they would join them amidst the blood and fire? Even as this question was voiced Rurik knew how it would be relayed. He would visit the Freekish Nation and speak with their lord directly. He would cement Neo Bolshevist-Freek ties with his own hand, his own toil. He would do this and upon his return the mighty Red Army would march, and the world would quake.

Кому: Императорский Республики
От: Neo Союза большевистской, комиссариат иностранных дел
Уровень шифрования: 5 (максимум)
Мысль дня: Вперед к государству!

Товарищи,

Neo большевистской союз давно жаждала возможность марта в бой вместе с могучим Freeks. Мы давно жаждал крови и грязи станом борьбы. Мы заинтересованы в присоединении к кампании, кампании по возвращению имя Gholgoth в устах тех, недостойным существования. Таким министр удовлетворенность, Рюрик Силовики желания прийти к вам на могущественный народ и обсудить ход кампании. Вы бы его?

To: The Imperial Republic
From: The Neo Bolshevist Union, Commissariat of Foreign Affairs
Encryption Level: 5 (maximum)
Thought for the Day: Forward for the State!

Comrades,

The Neo Bolshevist Union has long hungered for a chance to march into combat alongside the mighty Freeks. We have long thirsted for the blood and the mud of pitched combat. We are interested in joining your campaign, the campaign to return the name of Gholgoth to the lips of those unworthy of existence. As such the Minister of Contentment, Rurik Siloviki desires to come to your mighty nation and discuss the course of the Campaign. Would you have him?
02:01 RomanEmpire Because I dont know about you
02:01 RomanEmpire But I want to monger some fucking fish

Forward for the #Sanc!
Nationstates 40,000, In the grim darkness of the far future there is only retcon -Oz
SSO's map of Abruzi: http://i41.tinypic.com/33ope9i.png
SSO For Mod

Katganistan wrote:Sanctuary space
Channel on the Esper Net
Fun times are had there

Kybrutirat

Crimmond
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Crimmond » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Ursala considered the message from Vladius, sitting in the darkness of her cabin. It was the middle of the night and she was none too pleased that the message had arrived so late. She had not liked the idea of someone other than Damien Dreadfire on the throne of the Freeks from the start. He was doing little to improve her opinion of the situation. "Panteran tragedy... a tragedy of your cause, Vladius..." She muttered and continued to read. The words were stirring... but she still had her doubts. However, Vladius had never once shown to be a liar. Never once shown that he would renounce his word. If he said that this operation was to be outward facing, that was confirmation enough for her.

She strode onto the bridge minutes later, closing the last claps on her duty jacket. "Captain Munro... we have recieved word from the Supreme Warlord of Automagfreek." She almost always spoke of Vladius by his formal title, rather than his name... a small sign that she was remaining distant from him. It had not gone unnoticed in the media, either. That was a matter for another time though. "Alter course to merge our forces with those of the rest of Gholgoth at the Freek designated rallying point. And send the call to the Marines to mobilize all troop ships. I want them with us in no more than four days."

She turned her attention out the windows of the dimly lit bridge and saw the points of light that were the other ships in the armada. This would be the first major action of her tenure as Empress. There were small actions, but this was a full mobilization. The last time anything of this scale was ordered, it was Delta who had done so. Oh, she was no wet behind the ears politician who was playing military strategist... no, she was an Admiral in the Imperial Navy and a highly decorated war hero. All that would mean nothing if this war was not a success, though.

Borman Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Borman Empire » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:47 pm

OOC: So I dislocated my shoulder yesterday and it's sitting strapped to my chest, making typing rather difficult. I apologize, but my posts will be smaller than normal.

Official Imperial Communique:

To:Admiral Ursala

Pantera was a difficult situation to navigate. Had it been black and white, such as an attack on Crimmond would have been, The Empire would have leapt to their aid, with all of Gholgoth and all our allies. If the Freeks, formalities, tradition, honor, respect, allegiance and more aside did decide to attack Crimmond or The Empire, I have full faith that we could rally a force to push them back AND install a friendly regime. That is not and will not be necessary, though.

I understand that you have realized the safety not just of our situation, but of our ally, and have decided to go to war with us. I congratulate you on such a decision, once more an indication of your wisdom.

As we speak, the empire is mobilizing millions of units - I'm glad we can count on your support.

Yours in Gholgoth,
Chancellor Licinius

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 pm

[ Edited out ]
Last edited by Milograd on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 pm

A cursory review of the Vetalian armed forces showed the futility of any resistance to a renewed Automagfreek. While certainly capable of holding its own against many other nations, the raw might of this opponent would render war an exercise in futility, producing nothing more than unnecessary deaths, and perhaps even worse, total economic collapse. It was this latter part that was rapidly identified as Vetalia's sole strength; the country's economy was ferocious enough to serve as a backbone for that of both region and world, and any serious shocks would trigger a cascade effect throughout the system serious enough to endanger any war effort. Of course, the Freeks could simply weather the storm through force of will and politics but the cost was undoubtedly sufficient to encourage them to reconsider.

Furthermore, such a move would endanger Vetalia's most important assets, assets that could be leveraged to support the Freekish remilitarization effort and to sustain its forces during their campaigns. Vetalians were not merely spectacular financiers but also possessed world-class talent in the realm of manufacturing. The nation's engineering talent could be used in any number of capacities beneficial to the Freeks; Vetalia was a world-class producer of synthetic fuels and materials and had the technical knowledge to significantly improve the efficiency and efficacy of Freekish industry, enabling them to produce more of superior quality for less. Its economy could produce inexhaustible amounts of materials and supplies to bolster their war effort and support operations. Its merchant marine was first class and easily repurposed to support military objectives, and the Vetalian Navy was more than capable of holding its own against potential commerce raiders.

The fallback plan would be full collaboration under Freekish oversight as ally and puppet state under their full control. Of course, such a drastic option would be pursued as a last resort but it was still a superior option to war and occupation should the situation come to such an end. Annexation was a remote possibility, if only for the simple reason that only Vetalians could make Vetalia work as well as it did. There were those who privately relished the opportunity of a newly minted puppet state to remake Vetalia in their own image but for now they remained silent on such feelings. Of course, if annexation did occur it would be catastrophic...but there was no reason to worry about such a remote possibility, let alone the possibility of war and violence within the nation itself.

For the time being, the goal would be to slowly bolster relations and examine the possibility for greater economic cooperation with Automagfreek. Diplomats were advised as to this position and a meeting of the Proconsular council would be called the following morning to discuss the options followed by a formal delegation to Automagfreek to discuss the finer points of such an arrangement. The Vetalian government hoped the Freeks recognized Vetalia's usefulness for their remilitarization efforts...and those same officials privately recognized the potential for substantial profit were economic cooperation arrangements established. What was good for the economy was good for Vetalia, after all.
Last edited by Vetalia on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents