NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy Tales - UCK (FT/Closed/Attn: UCK)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Embassy Tales - UCK (FT/Closed/Attn: UCK)

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 am

First a notice and disclaimer. This and all other "Embassy Tales" threads will serve as central repository for RP between Morningstar and the nation named in the title. Whenever Morningstar needs to ICly speak to or meet with the name nation, I will post the RP into the relevant Embassy Tales thread.

Please, while my opening post makes this thread seem as if it's not RP, it is in fact to be used for such. I'm just doing things this way for a reason.

Finally, this thread is closed to all save myself and the nation named in the title. If you were not invited by myself or the other player, DO NOT POST HERE. Any and all unsolicited posts will be removed.

---Morningstar Coalition I-Comms Dispatch---
Clearance Rating: Public
Dissemination: Internal
Subject: Embassy Personnel Report

From the desk of Richard Dillinger,
Office of Resource Allocation - Diplomatic Corps - Domestic Service

Report for the allocation and assignment of the following personnel to a mission of Embassy.

Nation Receiving Embassy: United Colonies of Kobol
Duration of Mission: Indefinite
Total # of Personnel: Fifteen (15) - Four (4) senior staff, Six (6) Marines, Five (5) service staff.
Defensive Contingent: Six (6) Marine Corps Soldiers
Sepecial Considerations: All Embassy staff to be selected from Gaian species on request of host nation.

-Senior Personnel-
Senior Ambassador
Name: Karen Wilder
Species: Gaian

Senior Trade Representative
Name: James Everett

Senior Intelligence Agent
Name: Jerome Woods

Armsmaster
Name: Susan Winters

##################
###REPORT ENDS###
##################
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 am

To: Richard Dillinger
From the Quorum of Thirteen, United Colonies of Kobol
Subject: RE: Embassy Staff

Your record of staff personal for the Embassy approved by this body on 17.02.23 UE, has been approved by this body. All records of staffing operations, will be stored in the archives of Delphi, Caprica, and we are sending you the relevant passports and passes necessary to expedite your trip to Caprica.

We however feel that we must remind your nation that diplomatic immunity is not universal in the Twelve Colonies of Kobol, nor the United Colonies of Kobol as a whole. Ownership, use, or attempted devolpment of Artificial intelligence, Sapient Computers, or any electronic device which is self aware, is banned, and carries a sentence of death, to be carried out immediately.

Any attempts to smuggle weapons of mass destruction onto Colonial soil or space, as the Coredians did, will be grounds for the death penalty.

Your embassy grounds will be located at Delphi, Caprica, at 221st and 32nd street. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely yours,

Andrea Hester,
Speaker of the Quorum of Thirteen
United Colonies of Kobol
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:57 pm

****************************************************************************************************
United Colonies of Kobol - Caprica - Caprica City - Morningstar Coalition Embassy
****************************************************************************************************

For some months now Morningstar had been steadily building a solid economic relationship with the people of the United Colonies, however the men and women of the Commercial Service were always keeping an eye out for additional opportunities for both nations to profit from this relationship. A month ago one such opportunity was noticed in a news report from the Dornalians on Earth SSR. The popularity of cybernetics was seeing a dramatic rise among Dornalian culture, and Morningstar had inherited almost two hundred years of mature augmentation technologies intended for over a dozen species. By comparison, augmenting humans with prosthetics was almost trivial. After a few weeks of carefully guarded market analysis, it was decided to begin providing Morningstar augmentation in the Dornalian and Colonial markets.

James Everett, the Master Merchant assigned to the United Colonial embassy mission, requested a press conference at the Morningstar embassy and was pleased when the approval only required a short brief on the subject of the announcement. The Colonial officials had seemed somewhat skeptical, but approved the press release and distributed the invitations to the various United Colonial news agencies. By design, the first agency on this list just happened to be the very news service which had prompted this venture in the first place, offered a seat in the front row so they would be given first crack at questions following the release.

James adjusted his uniform as the members of the press settled into their seats. Taking the podium, James tapped the archaic microphone before speaking, "Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for coming. Today I am pleased to release the following information to the United Colonies. It has been decided among the officials of Morningstar's Merchant Corps that as of today, Morningstar will begin seeking business partners among the United Colonies to begin providing products and services for human augmentation to United Colonial markets. This includes but may not be limited to cybernetic and bionic prosthetics for medical use. Due to commercial policies and laws in the Morningstar Coalition, we will not be attempting to franchise, but instead to find a local partner to license our products and services for local production and sales. As per Morningstar economic laws, all profits obtained from the sale of these products and services will be used to purchase United Colonial products and services, which will then be transported to the Morningstar Home Fleets. This arrangement ensures that neither nation is loosing it's currency to foreign interests, and ensures healthy trade between nations. Now, we have scheduled a few minutes for questions."

James smiled and looked among the press members, looking first to the agent from HoloNet News's Los Angeles Bureau.

Louise Cheung, the cub reporter oft-abused by Jock and Jane, stood up to ask, "Louise Cheung, HoloNet News LA Bureau speaking. You've mentioned the Morningstar Coalition's legal side of things. Now, I must ask--what accountability measures or measures in general will be taken to comply with Colonial laws? The Anti-Cylon Act and even the relatively lenient Earth SSR Robotics and Industry Act both have very strict controls and limitations on cybernetic augmentation by both letter and subsequent case law."

James nodded slowly to Louise, "I want to assure you that every effort will be made to comply to the letter with all applicable Colonial laws. In cases where a product or service is prohibited, we simply will not sell that product or service to whatever corporate entity signs on with us. I suspect that Colonial businesses will understand these legal codes far better than we do, and simply not order any of these prohibited items." James paused to see if there were any follow-up questions from Louise.

"Also, what vendors, if you are at liberty to say, have expressed interest in this joint venture?"

"At present we've not yet been approached by any corporations. We felt that rather than veil our dealings in secrecy and perhaps alienate potential venture partners, we would make this announcement public to all interested parties at once." James nodded as Louise sat back down. The rest of the meeting had few other questions, and they ended early. Now it was just a matter of waiting until someone from Earth SSR contacted them...
Last edited by Morningstar Coalition on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 am

United Colonies of Kobol - Caprica - Caprica City - Morningstar Coalition Embassy

"Admiral. What can I do for you?" Senior Agent Jerome Woods had only ever spoken directly to High Admiral Ghen-Rotha twice in his life, once as part of a mission some years ago, and again when Jerome had been given the UCK assignment. A member of the Intelligence Corps, Jerome acted as the eyes and ears of the Admiral, and by extension the Admiralty and Morningstar as a whole. This transmission from the Home Fleets had come unexpectedly, and in the middle of Caprica's night. It was Jerome's inexperience with the lupine Admiral that let him miss what would have been evident to an agent more familliar... Namely, that right now Ghen-Rotha was pissed.

Only the slight twitching of his lips which occasionally revealing the tips of his upper teeth, and the ears which were nearly plastered to his skull betrayed his mood. His voice was always deep and gravely, and his tone right now seemed calm and even, so there was no help there, "Agent. I trust that you have been monitoring the local news broadcasts there in the Colonies and the Holonet?" When Jerome nodded and opened his mouth to reply, the canine cut him off. Now the growl rose from his throat, mixing with his words, "Good, then I don't have to explain what is wrong with this situation. MacIntryre is useful to us as President of the United Colonies. It does the Colonies absolutely no service to see him discredited, and more importantly it opens the door for someone who would see Morningstar in less favorable light!"

Jerome swallowed hard. He had never been on the receiving end of an irate Grrwrrawl, even by remote, and he hoped he never had to face the Admiral like this in person. Even incidentally he could almost feel the rage bubbling beneath the lupine visage on the screen. "Sir. I agree that it is a serious issue, however isn't this an internal matter?"

The bark that answered back caused the Gaian to physically jump, "I don't care if this is an internal matter Agent Woods! Someone is trying to destabilize the Colonial government and incite unrest among the population! We need the United Colonies to remain friendly to Morningstar! I don't give a damn how you do it Woods, but I want you to find out who is responsible for this farce so I can end their miserable lives personally! Do I make myself clear?!"

Jerome nodded and stammered out a quick affirmation, managing to salute in the process. He needn't have bothered, for no sooner had Jerome nodded when the Admiral cut the connection, leaving the stunned Agent to stare blankly at the screen for several minutes. Finally Jerome Woods shook himself and stood, breathing deeply and recalling his meditation exercises to calm his mind. He certainly did not want to report failure to the Admiral after that tirade.

It was time to track down the origin of that tape...

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

---Morningstar Coalition I-Comms Dispatch---
Clearance Rating: Secure
Dissemination: Classified
Subject: Border Control Warning

From the desk of Jerome Woods,
Senior Intelligence Agent - Unitied Colonies of Kobol Embassy - Intelligence Corps - Guardian Service

After careful review of the stated goals and activities of an agency known as "The Bloody Hand", it is the recommendation of this office that this organization and it's personnel represent a potential threat to the safety and national security of the Morningstar Coalition.

All personnel known to be members of, or to be found affiliating with "The Bloody Hand" are to be considered Persona Non Grata within Morningstar Coalition borders.

Any such persons attempting entry into Morningstar territories or vessels are to be denied or detained. Any such persons found within Morningstar borders are to be immediately detained and deported to nation of origin.

Signed,
Jerome Woods

##################
###REPORT ENDS###
##################
Last edited by Morningstar Coalition on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Mon May 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Following several recent news broadcasts on the Imperial Holonet News, a statement was delivered at a press conference called by the Morningstar embassy on Caprica. Ambassador Karen Wilder delivered the speech, but took no questions following.

"We can no longer sit by and watch idly as our friends in the United Colonies fall to internal strife. While we are bound by policies not to interfere in this civil war, we cannot condone the recent actions of the Quorum of the Twelve Colonies in their purges of those known as 'Empowereds' living within the Colonies.

We understand and sympathize with the Quorum the need to protect it's citizens from unprovoked terrorist activities, however to label an entire class of people as enemies of the state simply because they possess natural abilities which the common public do not, this is the worst form of intolerance and prejudice we have come to see from humanity. We believed that our friends in the United Colonies had managed to rise above these base motives, and we are saddened to see just how wrong we were.

This conflict within the domains of the Earth SSR are shocking and deplorable. We acknowledge the right of the Quorum, as the ruling body of the United Colonies, to take action to restore the peace. However, we once again officially condemn the pogrom conducted within the Twelve Colonies to incarcerate or terminate all Empowered individuals, regardless of guilt or innocence in participating in any terrorist activity.

We of Morningstar call upon the Quorum to listen to their better natures. Should any form of co-existence with Empowered individuals be impossible for the Quorum to consider, we wish to offer political asylum to any individuals currently imprisoned within these concentration camps. This offer is conditional on telepathic verification of innocence of any violent crime against the people or government of the United Colonies. We call upon the Quorum to permit those who chose asylum within Morningstar to leave peacefully."

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:31 am

We in the Colonial Government have seen it fit to inform the Morningstar Coalition, that as of last week, the Union between the Twelve Colonies and the nation of New Dornalia, has ceased to exist. Under declaration by the President of what was the United Colonies, the Colonials and Dornalia's are now two separate nations.

THe Dornalias are forming a provisional government centered on Earth SSR, while the Twelve Colonies have joined the Abh Empire, forming the Imperial Colonies of Kobol.

Due to the fact that the United Colonies of Kobol no longer exists, this embassy shall be closed. If you wish to apply for a new embassy for the newly founded Imperial Colonies of Kobol, that can be arranged.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents