NATION

PASSWORD

.:The BIG Collaborative List of Suggested NS Improvements:.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

.:The BIG Collaborative List of Suggested NS Improvements:.

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 pm

The BIG Collaborative List of Suggested NS Improvements

Organized by Unibot

The BIG Ideamonger Announcement Board
Keeping Ideamonger's like myself up to date with the most interesting threads for Ideamongering

If you have an idea (that hasn't been suggested before), post it in a separate tech thread and contact me about it. There is no need to post it in this thread, as it isn't a suggestion box. Thanks!

If you wanted to see the drama of NS improvements unfold for itself, I'd suggest taking a look at the ol' NS World Improvements thread which sparked a NS-wide flurry of creativity and loveable innovation.

Legend has it that a well caffeinated young cap by the name of Unibot once postponed breakfast, lunch and dinner to read through all of the posts on that legendary thread.

However for those that opt not to read through dozens of muddled comments and ideas (or can't because Jolt has gotten rid of the bloody thread), here's a neat collection of them...

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Users in Red are Moderators
Users in Purple are Admins

NationStates Customization
    Ideas that involve customizing nations or regions more.

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Security
    Ideas that seek to improve the security of regions from annexation and invasion.

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:07 pm

World Assembly
    Ideas to improve the Bureau-That-Shall-Be-Named.

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Forums
    Ideas to improve the NationStates Forums.

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Other Game Mechanics
    Ideas to improve anything from issue mechanics to Unibot's Ego.

Last edited by Unibotian WA Mission on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:09 pm

-- For Possible Expansion--

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:09 pm

-- For Possible Expansion--

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:30 pm

This is not a thread for making suggestions about improvements to the game.

Let's say that again, but louder.

This is not a thread for making suggestions about improvements to the game.

If you have a thought about an improvement for the game, do a Search on key words of your idea in the Technical forum. See if anyone has suggested it already. If by some bizarre chance you're the first, start a NEW thread on the subject. If you get a generally positive response over a few days, post a short (less than one sentence) description of your idea, and a link to your thread. Unibotian WA Mission is a player volunteer who maintains this thread, and is under no obligation to include your suggestion unless and when he sees fit, so don't bug him about it.

All other posts to this thread will be removed, unanswered.

Here are a few key moderator comments in answer to common questions:

The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Clever suggestions tend not to be adopted.

Pointless suggestions tend not to be adopted.

Sedgistan wrote:
I think there should be a sepperate forum for RP signgups, instead of throwing it in F7.

Max himself has said that he doesn't want any new forums created.

Flibbleites wrote:
Any plans on being able to search for nations by pretitle, WA category, national animal, etc.?
Flibbleites wrote:
That sounds like one of those things that would be easy, if we had a database.
Why not make a database?

Because it would involve a complete recoding of the game, and that's a lot of work to foist off onto our volunteer admin.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 pm

DO YOU WANT TO GET YOUR IDEA ON THIS LIST?

To add to Fris's instructions : the best way to get your idea on this list is to contact Unibot II (via telegram) with a link to your idea's thread.

I generally am not looking as closely or thoroughly for new ideas in threads as I once did; there's been a lot of overlaps of ideas re-stated in different threads. Contacting me with a link to your thread and asking for it to be put on the list is the best way to ensure your idea is included in the list.

Thanks!
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical