NATION

PASSWORD

Two slight additions

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Central Dice-Topia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Two slight additions

Postby Central Dice-Topia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:50 am

This just popped into my head. Kind of randomly, you might say.

1. A notification like the World Assembly and News ones for new messages on the Regional Message Board. Although I can see how some people may not like that, so a 'disable' button would probably be neccessary too.

2. Is best summed up by this:

http://i53.tinypic.com/259xqnd.png

(Or it could say "Region" I suppose, but it's called "Location" on the nation pages.)

Both game-changing modifications... not. Still, I think they'd both be useful.
Previously known on the forums as Maurdohpia. My first nation was created about 6 months before Central Dice-Topia.

I don't save flags I create for other nations. It's your own responsibility to save them.

North Mack
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby North Mack » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 am

Why am I a tinypic... :S

Both ideas seem pretty good. Another idea would be if the "location" item was a clickable link that led to the region itself.
T H E S T E L L A R R E P U B L I C O F N O R T H M A C K
Forged in Fire, Reforged in Blood
[ DeviantArt | NS FT Discord | The Local Cluster | FT Advice and Assistance Thread | The State of the Galaxy ]

Central Dice-Topia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Dice-Topia » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:41 pm

North Mack wrote:Why am I a tinypic... :S

Both ideas seem pretty good. Another idea would be if the "location" item was a clickable link that led to the region itself.

Because... yours is the first nation I stumbled upon. :)
Previously known on the forums as Maurdohpia. My first nation was created about 6 months before Central Dice-Topia.

I don't save flags I create for other nations. It's your own responsibility to save them.

Colonel Skranz
Secretary

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonel Skranz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:01 am

Well... any word on this?
Original join date: Somewhere in June-July '10.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Ha! I was just about to create a new thread to request #2.

Namely, that the region a nation is in could also appear on the forum next to your posts. I like the "Location" label for that, although I think "Region" might work, too.

It'd be useful to know which region people are located in when they post in the WA and Gameplay, especially.

EDIT: Oh, just thought of something else potentially useful... a little WA logo on the forum if your nation is a member of the World Assembly.
Last edited by Naivetry on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:38 pm

I've suggested #2 before.

And Nai's idea is a good one too. Especially for II roleplay that does recognize the WA -- that's slowly emerging.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Colonel Skranz
Secretary

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonel Skranz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:30 am

Unibotian WA Mission wrote:I've suggested #2 before.

And Nai's idea is a good one too. Especially for II roleplay that does recognize the WA -- that's slowly emerging.

Ah, sorry.

I can add the WA idea to the OP if that's okay with you, Naivetry?
Original join date: Somewhere in June-July '10.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:12 am

Sure! I was a little concerned that I was partially hijacking your thread, actually - thanks for adding it. :)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical