NATION

PASSWORD

[GLITCH] Mine Collapse Rocks Macadus

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Macadus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

[GLITCH] Mine Collapse Rocks Macadus

Postby Macadus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 am

#208: Mine Collapse Rocks @@NAME@@ [Emperor Matthuis; ed:Sirocco]

The Issue
A mine has collapsed in @@NAME@@ burying hundreds of workers. Calls have been made by the families to tighten up mining safety laws.

The Debate
1. "We need tighter laws to protect vulnerable miners!" moans @@RANDOMNAME@@, a family member of one of the victims. "The mines are being propped up by twigs, the hard hats might as well be made of polystyrene, and the inspectors are all bribed! New laws must be made and the people responsible for allowing this to happen brought to justice."

2. "These allegations are ludicrous and unfounded," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, CEO of the South @@NAME@@ Mining Company. "We use the finest twigs to build our mines and the last thing we need is the government tying us down with yet more rules. More safety laws means more expense means less profit and less profit means companies will look elsewhere to get their goods. You should leave us alone before you destroy thousands of jobs - do you really want that on your conscience?"

Went with the second option, brought down my economy from Frightening (just reached that) to All-Consuming. Can't imagine that being intentional since there's no way that'll bring your economy down, and usually listening to a CEO brings it up... :/

edit: I'm not in the WA either, and I'm 100% sure it was still Frightening before I answered this issue.
Last edited by Macadus on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZellDincht
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ZellDincht » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:19 am

Option2 should not have lowered your economy, it should have increased.
Real Life example: China
China has some of the worse working conditions within the world. China also had a 8% increase in economy compared to the U.S. 1%.
( numbers are not exact, just as an example)
Last edited by ZellDincht on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You must be the change you want to see in the World."-Ghandi
"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

Macadus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Macadus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:52 pm

I know, and I'm kinda pissed since I've spent the past month or so trying to get my economy to Frightening. :/

ZellDincht
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby ZellDincht » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:41 am

Lol, been there before.
"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

Macadus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Macadus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:23 am

It gets worse...

#081: Close Encounters Of The Sci-fi Kind? [Spyr; ed:SalusaSecondus]

The Issue
A recent, well-publicized UFO sighting over rural areas of @@NAME@@ has turned people's attention to the skies, and what... or who... might be up there.

The Debate
1. "This event proves one thing: there are other life-forms out there," says eccentric astronomer @@RANDOMNAME@@, "All we have to do is find them! What is the price of a few hundred Radio Telescopes compared to the benefit of living in peace and harmony with our brethren of the stars?"

2. "Spies! It's gotta be spies! A few planes or satellites from our enemies or 'allies' in our region," rages General @@RANDOMNAME@@, head of @@NAME@@'s military, "The only way to keep those snoops out of our airspace is to patrol the streets 'n skies, and shoot 'em down! Even if they are some sort of little green aliens, a couple of SAM batteries and a few flak cannons'll keep 'em from abducting our @@ANIMAL@@s."

3. "Extraterrestrial lifeforms? Alien invaders? I don't know why we even have to listen to such idiocy!" complains prize-winning physicist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "In my opinion, the idea of 'aliens' on another planet is highly unlikely, and even if they did exist, getting from there to here is technically impossible! I say we forget this nonsense and stop spending our tax @@CURRENCY@@s on it. Leave this sort of foolishness to the people who attend those 'trekkie' conventions."

The bolded option brought my economy up again... for whatever reason.

ZellDincht
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby ZellDincht » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:10 pm

The only thing I can think of is that they suppossedly started to produce more of these weapons which created more jobs.

Fornicators United
Political Columnist

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fornicators United » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 am

For the original issue, the mine collapse one, would going with the first option somehow increase the economy? Or, more likely, lower the economy even more.

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Fornicators United wrote:For the original issue, the mine collapse one, would going with the first option somehow increase the economy? Or, more likely, lower the economy even more.

Please don't gravedig.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?