NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 13 everything thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

World Cup of Hockey 13 everything thread

Postby Kelssek » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:26 pm

The World Cup of Hockey enters its 13th iteration in the land of ice, snow, and reckless beer consumption. Please go right ahead posting a rosters, RPing, and the like, while confining OOC to the appropriate thread.

The following 36 teams will be competing for the title. Unfortunately, it was necessary to leave out later signups to have something approaching a proper group stage. The top 2 will advance directly to the round of 16. Third place teams and the two best fourth-place teams will enter a playoff stage with the winners advancing to the round of 16.

16 Oct: MD1 (1v6, 2v5, 3v4)
17 Oct: MD2 (1v2, 3v5, 4v6)
19 Oct: MD3 (1v3, 2v6, 4v5)
20 Oct: MD4 (1v4, 2v3, 5v6)
21 Oct: MD5 (1v5, 2v4, 3v6)

23 Oct: Play-ins
24 Oct: Round of 16
26 Oct: QFs
28 Oct: SFs
29 Oct: 3rd-place playoff
30 Oct: Final

GROUP A
Plutoni [1]
Narsora
Teinohikira [20]
Tocrowkia [8]
Octinstine
Cosumar [45]

GROUP B
Cassadaigua [2]
Achtervolging
Churchma [45]
Krytenia [40]
OCR1
Sibirsky [17]

GROUP C
Valanora [3]
Qazox [10]
Cotdelapoms
Dutch Africa
Orlkjestad
Eizen [22]

GROUP D
Sarzonia [5]
Jepstonia
Estnorden
Mossulia
Quintessence of Dust [18]
Sorthern Northland [14]

GROUP E
Kelssek [6]
Corraidh
Ganjapolis
Allamunic States [8]
Shoferica [26]
Knomasia

GROUP F
Toyur [6]
Greater Costwalds
Vulshain
Delaclava [13]
D Land and Isles
Ad'ihan [25]

Venues
Place Gauchetière, Laneux
Lupinissia Place, Ulyanov
Centre Belle, Outineau
False Creek Arena, Burnaby
Federation Arena, Neorvins
Arèna de la Pacifique, Langlois
Colisée de Saint-Rémy, Saint-Rémy
Northlands Coliseum, Vickery
Air Kelssek Centre, Kirkenes
Great Bear Arena, Latrobe
Exhibition Centre, Redswyth
Emerald City Arena, Breton
Last edited by Kelssek on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Qazox Roster

Postby Qazox » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:50 pm

In past Qazox has used various combinations of teams at both the original Aglukark-Cherry Cup (editions 19 and 20) and all previous 12 editions of the World Cup of Hockey. Every thing from normal humans, to X-men to cartoon characters have competed under the Qazoxian banner. Twice the team had taken home the Cup (WCoH 4 & 6) and almost took it home at the first edition to take place within Qazox (WCoH 7). Qazox was the 2nd nation (Quakmybush) to win 2 titles and the 2nd nation (Valanora) to have Completely placed (finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at the WCoH). With such a distingished history, one would think Qazox would be amongst the favorites to win the title. Only bad news, that history was all before World Cup of Hockey 6. Since then, Plutoni (3 titles) and Valanora (1st back-to-back champs) have dominated winning 5 of the past 6 titles while Qazox has only had one finals appearence and 2 other semifinal trips.

But is a Qazoxian resurgence emminent? Plutoni, Kelssek and Valanora are aging powers; and other than Sarzonia and Cassadaigua, no other team besides ourselves, and the KPV trio have reached multiple semifinals in the past 6 editions. True, it has been 12 years since Qazox has reached a semifinal, and 24 since they've been in a final; this team has been consistent in their international matches over the past 3 years. They had won 16 of 19 matches (16-1-2) and only a 4-1 loss at Plutoni 2 years ago has seen them fail internationally.

Over the next couple of weeks, Qazox will seek to re-emerge as a Hockey power once again.

WCoH XIII Roster:
NICKNAME: EAGLES
Style modifier: Maximum offense (+3/+5)

STARTERS
#9 Goalie: Danielle Chalmers- (23) Butterfly type. Great stick work, but does wander from net on occasion.
#55 Defender Greg Thorson- (24) Enforcer. 6'7" 240 lbs of muscle. A grinder and banger, does draw a few roughing penalties.
#19 Defender Harvey Driscoll- (25) Checker. Not as big as Thorson, but hits like a car crash. Good positional player.
#33 Left Winger Brianna Mizrachi- (20) Sniper. Youngest starter on team. Fearless, despite being only 5' 5". Can put the puck in from almost anywhere.
#38 Center C Kevin Emery- (25) Playmaker. Combine Sidney Gretsky and Mario Messier and you get Kevin Emery. Finds team-mates on passes that shoudl nto get through, but they do.
#82 Right Winger Nate Racner- (25) Scorer. Emery and Racner have played together since elementary school. While not twins, they seem like it on the ice. Racner also has a good wristshot.

BENCH
Red- 2nd line
Blue- 3rd line
Black- checking line
#11 GOALIE- Ryan Chase 
#7 GOALIE- David Meire
#43 DEF- Grace Delphi
#41 DEF- William Lee

#30 DEF- Thomas Fuqua
#12 DEF- Remy de'Ha

#64 LW- Chelsea Issacs
#73 LW- Tonya Samin
#6 LW- Craig Ratner
#13 C- Debbie Woods
#29 C- Esperanza Fuller
#17 C- Mike Pavloic
#22 RW- Oliver Santor
#65 RW- Ji Jueong (F)
#90 RW- Haina Tanil

SCHEDULE
Orlkjestad
Valanora
Eizen
Cotdelapoms
Dutch Africa
Last edited by Qazox on Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:10 am

Edit:

Style modifier + 2

If my opponent RPs first, they may:
Choose my scorers: Yes
Penalise my players: Yes, but not on overkill; i.e. don't make me play shorthanded for a third of the game :p
Eject my players: No
Injure my players: nothing serious
Godmod scoring: Yes
Godmod injuries: nothing serious, and I get to determine when he recovers
Godmod other events: TG me first

"After a humiliating finish at the last World Cup of Hockey, Shofercia's Team is back. Sure they spent their time looking for culprits, who doesn't? But a week after their defeat, Team Shofercia made a commitment: to train, train, and train for the next World Cup of Hockey. Now that they had some experience, and an idea of what to expect, they were going to win! Well, ok, maybe winning meant getting into the playoffs, but they were going to win! Something. Hopefully. Definetely. Maybe. Hmm, Definetely Maybe makes a great movie title."

"Chuck - remind me again why I invited you here?" asked the SSF member turned hockey commentator. "And last WCoH wasn't all bad, I finally a wife that could handle me! Right Baby?"

"Sure honey" stated the wife, and threw a pen at the switch. The fan turned on. "Remind me again, why I cannot play?" She was also SSF.*

"Baby, that's because we want the other hockey players to live, which might be impossible, after a game with you" stated the husband.

"Guys, can we focus on hockey here?" asked Chuck. "Anyways, I'm sure we're all wondering where Ozerov is, right? He's getting ready for his pre-game analysis. In the meantime, here is our team!"

* For those who missed my last hockey RP, SSF means Shofercian Special Forces. Delta Force Weaponry, SpetzNaz training, can kick Chuck Norris' butt in a minute, those guys. In another RP they saved a bunch of civvies from a hostage situation. Long story short, SSF male and SSF female were invited to watch and comment on the previous game, and as a the team lost, they left on a date. Let's just say the relationship progressed significantly :P

Roster:

Line 1 (Torpedo):
LW Pashka Bren
C Sergei Sergeev
RW Lev Koper
D Dmitri Turchinsky
D Oleg Harding

Style of play: power forwards!

Line 2 (Rockets):
LW Frolik Aleksandrov
C Dat Pashkov
RW Afi Maksimov
D Mark Andreev
D Mark Danilov

Style of play: passing, passing, passing, GOAL!

Line 3 (Tigers):
LW Sam Ivanov
C Phil Tigrov
RW Slavik Milikov
D Ivan Markeev
D Artem Ushatik

Style of play: Start out in own zone, lure the opponent in, and counterattack!

Line 4 (Waves):
LW Cake Adamov
C Gordo Bomb
RW Charlie Shen
D Rob Smit
D Rob Kashpirski

Style of Play: tough on defense, hitting for turnovers, trying to intercept the puck, stretch passes

Goaltenders:
Victor Stolichnuy - had a 96% overall saving percentage, faced a lot of shots. Team lost in the semis, as they couldn't score
Basil Catnip - despite the humorous surname, Basil's team, the Rockets, took second place, in a large part due to Basil's 92% overall saving percentage. If Basil could play with stability, he would rival Stolichnuy, as his talent surpasses Victor's, but he's still young.
Erema Aleksandrov - Taken as a sub-goaltender, because his team, the Torpedo, won Gold. His 90% average saving percentage is not the best, and considering his defensive support, it should be better.

Head Coach: Steve Uriev
Manager/CEO: Ivan Moneybags
Domestic Clubs: Torpedo, Rockets, Tigers and Waves (Yes, there were a lot of jokes in Shofercia when Torpedo defeated Rockets in the finals.)

"This just in," stated Chuck. "One of the roster names is mispelled. The defender of line three is Artem Ushastik, not Artem Ushatik. Sorry about that Artem".
"Chuck, if his slap shot nails you in the face, I'm going to laugh."
"Luckily we have this thing, called a glass!"
"That's removable ;)"

The commentators suddenly became silent. Ozerov was on the air.

"Greetings my fellow Shofercians. Today is our first upcoming game. Let me say that with all this competition going on, we forgot what hockey was about. It wasn't about winning, or getting drunk out of the Victory Cup. It was always about having fun. Making that perfect pass. Taking a shot, and nailing the corner of the net. Making a great save. Nailing your opponent to the wall. Winning a fight. Hugging your teammate. Insively following the game from the bench. Having your loved ones heart sink when you lose the puck, or having them exalt in joy when you make the perfect pass, or score, or even make a nice hit. That's what hockey is about.

Now there are those who say that winning is everything. And those who say that winning's not important. I disagree with both. Playing the game you love is everything. Winning is important. But not everything. This doesn't mean that we're just going to skate and have fun. We're in it, to win it. We are a dark horse. Nobody expects us to win. Last time no one even expected us to make the playoffs, and we were two victories away from making it to the first round. And that was only with two weeks of us working as a team. This time will be different.

We analyzed our past mistakes. We were too cocky - and that led to our initial loss. We were too cautious. We weren't unpredictable enough. Tonight, as we begin skating, that changes. There are a lot of new nations, that were in our shoes the last time we played. Like we were the victims of experienced team last WCoH, they will be our victims. We have trained together for several months. We are ready. BRING IT ON!!!"
Last edited by Shofercia on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Corraidh
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

MEET DA B'YS! 2010 CORRISH HOCKEY TEAM ANNOUNCED.

Postby Corraidh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:12 am

Despite vehement support for the great game of hockey and consistent sellouts at CHL games across Corraidh, the NS World Cup of Hockey 13 will be the first time the Corrish national team competed since 2002. With the national league still months away from beginning it's fourteenth season, twenty-six of Corraidh's greatest athletes will leave the nation's great shores to set sail and berth in Kesslek where thirty-six nations will compete for the NS World Cup of Hockey.
The roster is full of familiar faces but does include several fresh faces as well. Chris Hendricks of the Schayle Dearga will man the right-wing on the team's top-line. The two-hundred-and-thirty-pounder will have plenty of opportunities to introduce himself to the country when he skates alongside the CHL's 2010 MVP, Erik Lawler.
Mining the net for the Corrish, Johnny McNab certainly feels the heat.
"I think it's a big opportunity for (the players)... we have the spotlight on us and it's a great place to be at."
After a poor playoff performance with the Wollyaye-Drumman Rangers, Johnny McNab is once again under the radar of the Corrish fans. This year's CHL Draft saw Emmet Cooley - who made the team as a third-string goalie - go second overall and some fans wonder how long McNab's reign of being the nation's top goalie will last.
"It's not something I think about. He's a great kid with tons of potential but I can't think about anything other than stopping pucks," McNab said.
The pressure, though, goes beyond the blue crease. After coming off a terrific season last year with the Grado Oilers, Erik Lawler will be looked to again for offensive production.
"It's nice. We were kind of just getting back into training (for next season) when we heard the news... I'm looking forward to playing hockey and wearing the Ochtrayalta on my chest will just make it that much better; I'm very prepared for this and I'm very honored".
Lawler, who recently signed with the Agmadree Iolar, scored thirteen times and added nineteen assists for a league leading thirty-two points last season.
Marcas O'Sheridan was named captain; Mark Johnson was named head coach.

JERSEYS:

Style +1

Penalize my players: Yes
Eject my players: Yes
Injure my players: Yes (nothing career or life threatening)
Godmod scoring: No
Godmod injuries: No

Godmod other events: No
Last edited by Corraidh on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Anarchy

Postby Plutoni » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:22 pm

We're Plutoni. We're the defending champions, again! Hooray! Also, we have robots, who are in italics.

RPers can do whatsoever they want. Most of the team generally doesn't tend to start fights, though will fight back if provoked. The last couple seasons have seen the Northeast Demons get good, however. They and Difire are a little more likely to instigate stuff.

Coach: Tlatt Koff, Downtown Divers

Goaltenders (in priority order, Fassly starts):
#2, Karkin Fassly (Downtown Divers) (first tournament)
#4, Kyma Felsam (Western Jacks) (debuted in WCoH 12)
#8, Folzin Coopim (Northwest Endurance (first tournament)

Defenders (left defenders on top):
Line 1:
#10, Seppy Lomplop (Downtown Divers) (debuted in WCoH 12)
#16, Stefim Kalsy (Northwest Endurance) (one goal since WCoH 12)

Line 2:
#3, Mylak Feelkee (Northwest Demons) (first tournament)
#7, Dave Strand (Midtown Monks) (debuted in WCoH 12) (assistant captain)

Line 3:
#17, Kyle Fleet (Northwest Combatants) (first tournament)
#14, Pesling Flard (Northwest Demons) (first tournament)

Forwards: (left wing, then center, then right)
Line 1:
#18, Mack Chase (West Minotaurs) (one goal since WCoH 12)
#19, Amakar Flurian (Western Jacks) (4 goals since WCoH 11)
#15, Mirsh Atzin (Northeast Demons) (15 goals since WCoH 11) (captain)

Line 2:
#1, Mukwal Kuyem (Northeast Demons) (2 goals since WCoH 11)
#9, Pensban Gamela (Southern Superstars) (4 goals since WCoH 12) (assistant captain)
#20, Effs Manash (Northern Pinnacles) (first tournament)

Line 3:
#6, Marty Plough (Char Bloodhounds) (first tournament)
#11, Joshen Kamble (Southern Soarers) (2 goals since WCoH 12)
#21, Spenkil Difire (Eastern Gunners) (2 goals since WCoH 11)

Line 4:
#12, Kikik Ninins (Southern Superstars) (first tournament)
#13, Kasten Mogla (Upper Force) 12 (debuted in WCoH 12)

#5, Nicole Hellmers (East Anteaters) (first tournament)
Last edited by Plutoni on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 pm

GOALIES
Jean-Claude Gorges (Burnaby MLHC)
The type of goalie who seems to get better the more shots he faces. Likes to come out to challenge shooters.

Joseph Akin (Dinamo Lupinissia)
Good flexibility and positioning, excellent glove work, but has a tendency to cough up unfortunate rebounds.

Lewis Belani (Breton Emeralds)
Experienced starter getting his first shot at the national team.

DEFENCEMEN
Sven Stefanovic (Neorvins Wolves)
A very ungentle giant equally prized for his fearless shotblocking and his "sandpaper" factor; gets under the skin and invokes frustration amongst opposition forwards, but also has a reputation as a dirty player.

Rob Fletcher (Kirkenes Dragons)
Hard-nosed and hardworking, doesn't hesitate to block shots and clear the brush in front of the net.

Stephane Lefèvre (CS Val d'Argent)
A fast and skilled player who can make great breakout passes and quarterback the powerplay.

Frédéric Arnal (Colwyn HC)
Scrappy offensive defenceman who comes out of the corners with the puck more often than not.

Colin Calderwood (Internationale Latrobe) A
Hard-hitting stay-at-home defenceman who camps out on the points waiting to unleash his wicked slap shot.

Josh Mulroney (Mazinaw Knights)
Skilled and quick defenceman who doesn't hesitate to join an offensive rush.

Louis Guillemot (Olympique Langlois)
Technically sound and doesn't often let opponents get past him, but has a tendency to take undisciplined penalties.

Kevin Sheridan (Breton Emeralds)
Young and exciting defensive player with good speed and a quick release shot.

FORWARDS
Laurent Oberforsky (CH Outineau)
Playmaking skill forward who likes to dump the puck and set up plays from behind the net.

Pierre Dubois (Burnaby MLHC)
Uses his good hand-eye coordination to lurk near the net trying to score deflections.

Phillip Adams (Dinamo Lupinissia)
A great puckhandler who skates circles around most defencemen. Doesn't have the best shot, however.

Gary Bavarillo (Internationale Latrobe)
A physical player, he's quick to pounce on rebounds and it's not easy to clear this guy away from the net. Enjoys trying to wind up the opposition goalie.

Séverin Jeanne (CH Outineau) C
Sporting and determined, the heart-and-soul captain of one of the KHL's most history and tradition-laden teams. A deadly sniper as far as shooting bits of rubber is concerned.

Harry White (Kirkenes Dragons)
Occasionally impulsive, as his running off during a previous World Cup to get married to one of the Secristan ice girls shows, but a solid and reliable two-way player.

Ben Connaught (Internationale Latrobe)
Young playmaking forward who uses his skill to deke past defenders.

Taylor Austin (Faucons de Saint-Rémy)
Big and speedy power forward, shot doesn't have the best accuracy but a good run of form got him the call-up.

Marko Russlund (Jokerit Arvika)
Intimidating presence on the ice, his size belies his excellent technique and grasp of the tactical aspects of the game. Can thread tape-to-tape passes through forests of legs and sticks.

Denis Roche (CH Outineau)
Rough and tumble player who likes to forecheck and pressure the breakout pass.

Sydney Crawford (Red Star Clayquot) A
Exciting young star with franchise player potential. Fast, skilled and deadly accurate with his shooting.

Shaun O'Leary (Partisans Clayquot)
Deceptive shooter who can often fool the goalie with a quick release or a backhander.

Leigh Blunt (Olympique Langlois)
A pretty boy who reels in his share of puck bunnies, but isn't afraid to battle through bigger and tougher defenders to get to the net.

Evan Chong (Burnaby MLHC)
Another young 'un with much potential to fulfil, widely tipped for a breakout year anytime now. A complete package, he shoots, passes and checks well.

TYPICAL LINES/PAIRS
Oberforsky-Crawford-Dubois
Bavarillo-White-Jeanne
Adams-Connaught-Roche
O'Leary-Austin-Chong

Stefanovic-Calderwood
Arnal-Mulroney
Guillemot-Lefevre

FIRST-CHOICE POWERPLAY UNIT
O'Leary-Crawford-Jeanne
Calderwood-Arnal

FIRST-CHOICE PENALTY KILLERS
O'Leary-White-Stefanovic-Lefèvre

Choose the scorers, anything less than or equal to to a major penalty, make them fight, etc., but don't get specific about injuries or how badly they're injured and ask me if there's anything you think I might want to know about you doing to my players.
Last edited by Kelssek on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cotdelapoms
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cotdelapoms » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Despite being a hockey-mad nation with a long history in the sport, up until now the years of isolationism led to Cotdelapoms' non-participation in the Hockey World Cup. Thankfully, with our entrance into the rest of the world, there are now opportunities for the Pommes de Glace to show off their skills to the world, and what better way to remind everybody we really do have hockey heritage than by wearing awesome throwback sweaters to remind everybody of the 1974 Cotdelapoms' Cup, a tournament for the current and former commonwealths of French Albion hosted here in Cotdelapoms, which we famously won. This year's team features a wide array of players and talents, all of whom are culled from the former Toussaint Superligue, and now the new Anser Premier League, also featuring teams from Greater Cotswalds and Non-Equatorial Corolla.

Centres:
1. Pierre Drouin (Outremont Owls)
The best two-way player in the league, Drouin scores highlight worthy goals, makes some of the most impressive passes in the league, is a phenomenal stick handler, and is also fairly defensively responsible. He gets hit often, and hard, so he sometimes is known for playing a little bit dirty, but he also tends to get away with it at the league level. It'll be interesting to see if he can internationally.
2. Jean-André Vlemincx (Côte-Est Mariners)
An excellent passer of the puck with truly tremendous vision and pretty adequate stick handling skills. His speed is also a huge tool in his arsenal, as is his drive.
3. Claude Dupuis (Hamilton Tigers)
Also a penalty killing specialist, Dupuis is the best face-off winner on the team, and is more of a defensively responsible centre. He is a pretty smooth skater and generally does a good job of avoiding penalties as well.
4. Serge Laliberté (PBI Rangers)
This guy is quick and can snipe, but is sort of one dimensional. An ex-winger, but got converted to centre because he volunteered to in juniors and for whatever reason it stuck, but it's probably not his best position.

Left Wingers:
1. Rick Jones (Outremont Owls)
Smooth skating, high scoring, hard hitting winger, always a contender for the league's top scorer. Shoots first, asks questions later, passes never.
2. Jérôme Cyr (Worcester Snowbirds)
Plays well with Vleminckx partially because he is also extraordinarily quick and has great positioning. Not a natural scorer but his positioning leads to him getting a lot of good rebound goals.
3. Frédéric Blouin (St-Fortunat Saints)
Very scrappy player, definitely considered a pest and a nuisance, but also an underrated scorer.
4. Rémy Tremblay (Saint-Urbain Citadelles)
All flash, no substance, but when he's on his game he can be a real goal threat- and the goals will almost certainly be dazzling.
5. Roch Cormier (Lacs d'Été Lakers)
A quiet workhorse, likely won't get much time on the ice, but will probably be a difference maker against scrappier teams.

Right Wingers:
1. Guillaume Lajeunesse (PBI Rangers)
A true "power forward", pounds other teams and stands in front of the net to get tip-ins and redirects, a force to be reckoned with, and will protect Jones and Drouin.
2. Andrew Rice (Albionpool Oak Leafs)
A crafty little guy, very quick and agile and scores a few, the line with Vleminckx and Cyr is regarded for its' speed.
3. Luc Dionne (Montréal Royals)
Creates most of the offensive chances for his line, has deft hands and fleet feet, but won't help out much defensively and will need to be weary of retaliation for Blouin's actions.
4. Louis Saint-Laurent (Albionpool Oak Leafs)
Perhaps the most wildly popular player in the league, bemusingly. Not actually particularly talented, but a wild personality who loves to party and joke and is always the first and last one to talk to the press.
5. Julien Champagne (Montréal Cotdelapomais)
The future. At only 18, will likely be kept away from much action, but he is expected to be a mega-star in the coming years.

Defencemen:
1. Alexandre Briére (Montréal Cotdelapomais)
2. Émile D'Aoust (Cap Nordique Drakkar)

Briére is a giant bruiser with a great slapshot who is at home in any circumstance- he is a good 5-on-5 defenceman, he is a power play quarterback and he is willing to block shots on the PK. D'Aoust is a little guy willing to move the puck and block shots, although not an amazing hitter.

3. Marc Berri (Worcester Snowbirds)
4. Joseph Powell (Chambly Brewers)

Berri is the old man of Cotdelapomais hockey, still a good puck mover, although his physical side has dropped a little bit and he's occasionally guilty of dirty hits. Still a great player. Powell is smoother and faster.

5. Isaac Gagnon (Hamilton Tigers)
6. Gaston Yelle (Gradiel Ibex)

Yelle is a regular on the PK because he's super disciplined, Gagnon commits a lot of penalties but also is an excellent defenceman overall.

7. Michel Gingras (Kingston Musketeers)
Another power play specialist, has the league's hardest slap-shot and may be called upon intermittently.

Goalies:
1. Maxime Deslaurier (Île-d'Elisabeth Osprey)
2. Pascal Sévigny (Montréal Cotdelapomais)
3. Mark Crow (Albionpool Oak Leafs)
There's a big of controversy as all three goalies are quite good, Deslaurier is the most talented but Sévigny and Crow play for bigger market teams. Essentially all three bring something to the table- Deslaurier is the best actual goalie, Sévigny is the winningest and Crow has the longest history of greatness. Deslaurier is a very comfortable, very agile butterfly goalie, Sévigny is a spectacle to behold- a whirling dervish who makes some amazing highlight reel saves but occasionally lets in the beach ball, and Crow is an old-fashioned stand up goalie who loves using angles and coming out to challenge opponents.

RP Permissions:
Do whatever you want within reality, give people game misconducts, et cetera. Feel very free to make Blouin a jerk, Berri a dirty player and get Cormier into fights if you need a scrapper.

The team will play with a -1 defensive style.
Last edited by Cotdelapoms on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Teinohikira
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teinohikira » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Teinohikira will use a +5 style

Roster:
Kevin Hautifi/G/#16/AGE: 24
Kevin is a strong 24 year-old man that owns and pwns everyone at goalie. He has only let 9 pucks in the net his whole carrer. Also, If you get a puck in, you will die!!...In the morning. Kevin has never been injuried or stuck to something in any way.

Daylon Orali/LDM/#2/AGE: 23
Standing at 6,3 and weighing at 202 lbs is none other than the great Left defense man Daylon Orali! He is a beast at defending and can stop anyone dead in their tracks, Literally, he stops people and kills them. Be afraid! Anyhow, Daylon is a good hockey player and an average person.

Connor Sakillai/RDM/#3/AGE: 27
Connor isn't good at defending, nor does he know what a Right Defense man is. But, he does know that he can play hockey better than anyone on the team. He is a pro at hockey. Just like how Jaleel White was good at basketball.

Jake Gaisdui/C/#7/AGE: 24
Jake is a German-American who can play just like everyone else. He is good at centerfowarding, he's a nice person, and loves the game of hockey. He is often reffered to as a "hockey fantic or fanboy" but he only likes the game, he doesn't worship it! Why? Do you think he goes to The Holy Church of Hockey Pucks?! Seriously?!!

Dimitri Roberazzi/LWF/#5/AGE: 20
Dimitri is a freshly drafted Russian hockey player. Russians are good at hockey, right? (no offense). Dimitri is from Vladivostok, Russia and played as a foward in the Russia Men's Olympic Hockey Team in the winter Olympics. He dreams of becoming a pro hockey player and move to Anarctica to play in the Anarctica Hockey Team, which doesn't exist but try telling him that! Dimitri is a nice person and has little temper issues.

Zephaniah Buiagetrz/RWF/#10/AGE: 19
Zephaniah is an Hungarian-American who isn't familiar with hockey. His natural sport is soccer or "Futball" as he calls it. Though, he is getting better at the game and improves everyday. He is nice, strong, and ready to play anytime of the day.

Head Coach: Mark Bilbo

Uniforms:

Choose my scorers: Y
Penalise my players: Y
Eject my players: N
Injure my players: Y
Godmod scoring: N
Godmod injuries: Y nothing fatal.
Godmod other events: N

Mossulia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mossulia » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:58 am

GROUP D
Sarzonia [5]
Jepstonia
Estnorden
Mossulia
Quintessence of Dust [18]
Sorthern Northland [14]

The fans weren't too bothered about the draw. The thing is that there are two teams that we could beat with ease and QoD's rank isn't that envy-able. The thing is though, we are still a nation of emos and pessimists so we are thinking that we are out already. There is a chance we might make it to a play off, but we still don't believe we can.

Sarzonia will defiantly be impossible to beat. They are one of the best in the world and we seriously don't have a chance against them. I don't think they will give us a second glance on the fixture list and won't even give the game between them and us a second thought, so basically everything is on first impressions.

Jepstonia is a team we must beat. Although we still think that they will thrash us, it's our view on most things. It will be a must win game for both sides and they will also be looking at us on the fixture list thinking there is a good game there.

Estnorden is a country we know little about. Apart from competing in the same Baptism of Fire as us and having similar levels of failure they haven't really been out on the sports stage much yet. They will be surely looking at our team think they can eek out a win.

Quintessence of Dust are a country that I know little about. At school I did an assignment on them, but I only half did it gave up and never handed it in. That was one detention that I'll never forget. The fact is the newspaper editors made me do some homework on it today and I handed it in late after spending ten hard minutes on it. Basically cup before last they didn't compete because they just didn't. Then last cup they made it to the round of 16. SO basically what I'm saying is with some hard work a win is available here. Of course many people will beg to differ.

Sorthern Northlands, well they have a tendency to do well in the group and then fail and die in the next round. We have no idea how to handle them, so all we can do is pray that the fail won't be too big.
2nd In the Baptism of Iron 6 | Sufferer of the biggest defeat in football
DEFCON: [3] Laid back [2] Small international crisis[1] Large war
New parliament being elected
Our best and least bias Newspaper!

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:45 pm

IIHF_WCoH13_Qazox

SCHEDULE
Orlkjestad
Valanora
Eizen
Cotdelapoms
Dutch Africa

An average schedule for Qazox this time around. Eizen and Valanora are the other 2 ranked teams in the group, and while recent history for Qazox against the Elves isn't great, they haven't been as dominate as of late. Eizen is an up and coming team, but Qazox has more experience and shoudl win that match-up. Against the 3 unranked teams, Cotdelapoms seems to be the toughest of the 3, but since we've not seen Orlkjestad or Dutch Africa in action, they could be tough teams as well.

GROUP PREDICTIONS
Valanora: 4-0-1 8pts
Qazox: 4-0-1 8pts
Cotdelapoms: 3-0-2 6pts
Eizen: 2-0-3 4pts
Orlkjestad: 1-0-4 2pts
Dutch Africa: 1-0-4 2pts
(Ties broken by H2H record)

NEW BRUXEN HOTEL CASINO LINES (TOP 10 odds to win WCoH 13)

Sarzonia 4:1
Cassadaigua 4:1
Plutoni 5:1
Valanora 7:1
Toyur 10:1
Qazox 10:1
Kelssek 10:1
Allamunnic States 12:1
Tocrowkia 15:1
Delaclava 15:1
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Teinohikira
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teinohikira » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:27 pm

SCHEDULE
[8]Tocrowkia
Octinstine
[1]Plutoni
Narsora*
[45]Consumar

An average schedule for Teinohikira this time. Tocrowkia, Plutoni, and Consumar are the other ranked teams in the group, and while recent history for Teinohikira against Tocrowkia isn't great, they haven't been as dominate as of late. Plutoni is an up and coming team, as well as the defending champs, but Teinohikira has a 1 in 1 million chance of winning against them. Consumar is an average team, much like Mohawk Clans last WCoH, they should be a good match-up. Against the 2 unranked teams, seems to be the easiest of the 3, but since we've not seen Octinstine or Narsora in action, they could be tough teams as well.

For tomorrow, Teinohikira will match-up against Tocrowkia, the team they lost to in the Round of 16 last time around. Teinohikira is wanting revenge. Maybe Alexei Borodin will watch from home, considering he and 3 others left the team after they lost to Tocrowkia last time. The game will be tomorrow at 11:00am TST on TSN.

*Teinohikira and Narsora are rivals, this rivalry is called "Battle for the Carton of Lemonade".
Last edited by Teinohikira on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Sorthern Northland national ice hockey team

Style Mod: +4

Bold denotes starter.
Name, age, club

Goaltenders
Thibaut Bélair, 34, CH Septentrionien de Finistère
Jérôme Benoist, 31, Français de Beningrad
Janise Markham, 29, Rothsbere Reindeer

Denfencemen
Matty Joyce, 22, Heathfield Hamsters
Michel Thérriault (alternate captain), 33, CH Septentrionien de Finistère
Naomi Paige, 25, Gratnesborugh Feral Goats
Ionatán Ó Gallchóir (captain), 32, Inisnadún Islanders
Ríona O'Flattery, 30, Beningrad St. Patrick's
Jenifer Pengelley, 25, Huntingsdon Kernowyon
Didier Fortier, 24, CH Septentrionien de Finistère

Left wingers
Breixo Mosquera (captain), 34, Castrograd Burros
Sinéad Ní Dhubhghaill, 19, Beningrad St. Patrick's
Rémy Bélanger (alternate captain), 29, CH Septentrionien de Finistère
Joanna MacLeod, 20, Beningrad St. Patrick's

Centres
Oisín Mac Innes, 25, Deilfeanna Corcaigh
Adéla Kovaříková, 29, Marsham Meerkats
Sétanta de Búrca, 20, Deilfeanna Corcaigh
Zuzene Aurrekoetxea, 28, Portuezki Iratxoak

Right wingers
Aileen Ní Dheághaidh (alternate captain), 30, Inisnadún Islanders
Cillín Ó Murchain, 23, Beningrad St. Patrick's
Amber Harding, 24, Marsham Meerkats
Aracelia Rojo Reynoso, 25, Castrograd Burros

Staff
Head coach - Théophile Brodeur
Assistant coach - Felicien Rouze
Assistant coach - Lewis Rowley

O-Lines
Mosquera – Kovaříková – Harding
Bélanger – Aurrekoetxea – Rojo Reynoso
Ní Dhubhghaill – Mac Innes – Ní Dhrághaidh
MacLeod - de Búrca – Ó Murchain

D-Lines
Thérriault – Ó Gallchóir
Joyce – O'Flattery
Fortier - Pengelley

Kits
Red and gold. A surprise choice of colours or what?

Choose my scorers: Oh, go on then.
Penalise my players: Yup, a fair bit. Not for playing dirty though, Snorths are finally starting to grasp the finer points of ice hockey. They are still prone to bouts of naïveté and giving away silly fouls though.
Eject my players: Yup
Injure my players: Ye, go on. You know you want to.
Godmod scoring: To an extent, yes.
Godmod injuries: Yep, stray biscuits on the rink can cause a lot of harm, ye know. Jammy dodgers in particular.
Godmod other events: Eh, might as well say yep.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:03 am

A team in transition

In a way it's a generational change in the air as Kelssek's national team prepares for the 13th World Cup of Hockey, as the home team but without two of the lynchpins of previous national sides.

With goaltending legend Brian Duborny having retired in the off-season and Neville Keanes having declined selection as talk of his own retirement plays up, the torch passes to the rest of the team's mainstays to write a new set of legends. Séverin Jeanne, already captain of the storied CH Outineau club, was an obvious choice for Keane's successor as the leader of the national team, and if anyone can match Keane's gritty, determined exploits he surely is the man.

The torch is also being passed in the coaching department, with the choice of Jeanne the first major decision of the tenure of former Clayquot Partisans and Neorvins Wolves boss Gareth Fremlin, Craig Gilbert having decided to move on after repeatedly coming close to the World Cup title and collecting an assortment of bronze medals, but never being able to clinch it or even reach the final, for that matter.

Fans' hopes are surprisingly low, unsurprisingly, with general consensus being that the team will get as far as the quarterfinals, while making the last 4 would not be a bad accomplishment. More change will need to come to the national team before a charge for the top can be seen as realistic, but the expectation is there, nonetheless, that this home ground outing will set the stage for greater things to come.

Octinstine
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Octinstine » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:38 am

Octinstine Team roster

Hockey is considered the third sport in Octinstine behind Rugby and Football. As such this is the first time they have appeared on the world stage.
Octinstine have a solid defense and like to build from the back, as such the team will never win any awards for style. They had a simple qualifying campaign against mostly footballing nations so this will be there first big test.

Bold = starter

They play a -2 deffensive based style

Goalkeepers
1. Georgiy Akimov
2. Timofei Anisimov
3. Pavel Ignatev

Defense
1. Aleksei Danilov
2. Petya Filippov
3. Boris Belyakov
4. Eduard Anisimov
5. Roman Filippov
6. Anton Savin

Forwards
1. Vladimir Polyakov - center
2. Oleg Baranov - center
3. Kesha Vlasov - center
4. Yaroslav Tarasov - left wing
5. Pasha Tikhonov - left wing
6. Sergei Mironov - left wing
7. Sergei Semenov - right wing
8. Roman Mikhailov - right wing
9. Aleksandr Loginov - right wing

Penalise my players: Yes
Godmod scoring: yep
Godmod injuries: again nothing serious
Last edited by Octinstine on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Narsora
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Narsora » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:34 am

SCHEDULE:
Octinstine
[1]Plutoni
[45]Consumar
[20]Teinohikira*
[8]Tocrowkia

Bold= Starter

Goalies:
Michael Keasler
Saverio Camacho Ponce
Peter Smith

Defense:
Ademaro Perea Raya
Federigo Tafoya Herrera
Rocky Pippin
Douglas Mcclean

Fowards:
Apólito Mota Alfaro-center
Floro Comejo Alcalá-center
Michael Flynn-center
Willis Kinsey-left wing
Jason Richardson-left wing
Gabelo Ocasio Lebrón-left wing
Meliton Esquibel Negrón-right wing
Reyes Urías Valverde-right wing
Mack Workman-right wing

Penalise my players: Yes
Godmod scoring: yep
Godmod injuries: again nothing serious

*Narsora and Teinohikira are rivals, this rivalry is called "Battle for the Carton of Lemonade".
The wiki page to my nation: Democracy of Narsora
"Tubby? Nobody calls me tubby"! ~Patrick Star

Corraidh
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

PUCK DROP

Postby Corraidh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:30 am

Saturday has come and it has brought with it the first game of the 13th World Cup of Hockey. Erik Lawler and the Corrish national team will begin their quest for glory as they do battle with Shoferica. Ranked 26th overall, Shoferica brings international experience that Corraidh lacks but that doesn't dismay the men in white and black.
"You have to start sometime," coach Mark Johnson said. "We're very confident in ourselves and that's the mentality we'll bring with us... We're new, but we're not rookies in any sense of the word. We're not going to focus on our opponent as much as we're going to focus on our own game". Johnson, who won the Corrish Cup last season while coaching the Grado Oilers, is already encouraged with what he's seen in pre-tournament practices and scrimmages.
"I'm really happy with how the team has come together. I'm confident in our game plan and I'm confident in our players executing it. We expect to win the whole thing; that's what we came here to do. This isn't about experiencing NS hockey, this is about winning the NS World Cup."
Corraidh will play five division games before the play-ins begin on Saturday, October 23rd.

SCHEDULE:
Saturday, October 16th: Corraidh vs. Shoferica (26)
Sunday, October 17th: Corraidh vs. Kelssek (6)
Monday, October 18th: Corraidh vs. Knomasia
Tuesday, October 19th: Corraidh vs. Ganjapolis
Wednesday, October 20th: Corraidh vs. Allamunic States (8)

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:28 pm

After a general lack of success in past WCoH editions, the Quintessential Hockey Federation has decided on a different approach for the 13th, and has submitted its national women's team instead. They won the silver medal at the most recent Winter Olympics, but otherwise lack experience.

In some ways, the team is actually a better fit than the men's team, as almost all of the players come from just two teams: Kynythin MSC's women's team (the Finnish ones) and Sporting Með Blódnasir (the Icelandic ones), and are used to playing together. Though not quite to the extent of the notoriously brutal men's team, the women are still big hitters, but they hit with caution against bigger male opponents. The overall speed and skill levels are also higher, particularly on the tricky third line, "The Three Ls".

Coach: Carolina Danielsson. The only woman in recent history to play in the HHL, Danielsson was captain and goalie of the Olympic finalist team, after which she announced her retirement. She has little previous coaching experience, and until recently was on the same team with many of the players, so she's not an unknown by any means.

Instead of being split into lines by "first", "reserve", "checking", etc., the players have been sorted by the extent to which they embody the hipster vogue currently popular among Quodite youth.

She has a few alt.folk albums on her qPod
She rides a fixie bike on her way to work as a magazine graphic designer
The irony of her tattoo designs change on an hourly basis
Even her stick is day-glo

Goaltenders

Jasmin Ackermann
Mæja Snorrisdóttir

Defencewomen

Anni Petäjä - A
Elisabeth Perälä
Laura Glöckner
Ragnheiður Þórsdóttir
Riikka Haajanen
Klaudia Schäfer
Julia Johanna Lehtomäki
Sirkka Sjöström

Wingers

Anna Valdís Eysteinnsdóttir
Frida Gunnarsson
Maija Vähälä
Lilja Ólafsdóttir
Lyyti Lepistö
Lára Hrafnsdóttir - A
Zara Lindström
Fríða Haraldsdóttir

Centers

Jóhanna Jónsdóttir - C
Maria Hákonsdóttir
Laila Salpa
Brynja Kristjánsdóttir

RP Permissions

Choose my scorers: Y
Penalise/eject my players: Y
Injure my players: Y
Godmod stuff: Y
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Shofercians rented a nearby rink, and were doing a light pregame skate practice, passing, getting the potential zones of scoring, figuring out how to counter the defenses set up by their foes. They watched videos of how Corraidh played, analyzing potential counters. Shofercians played hockey as it should be, with skillful passes, quality shots, but also with numerous hitting and net crashing. The light skate ended early, so that Shofercians could rest for the big upcoming game. Hopefully everything will go well *knock on wood*

Meanwhile Ozerov was commenting:

"In a few hours, the puck will drop, in a game between Shofercia and Corraidh. Let's go over the schedule:

16 Oct: Shofercia v. Corraidh
17 Oct: Shofercia v. Ganjapolis
19 Oct: Shofercia v. Allamunic States (8)
20 Oct: Shofercia v. Knomasia
21 Oct: Shofercia v. Kellsek (6)

Shofercia needs to start the game with a bang and a victory. Corraidh is a newbie hockey team on the International stage, but they have great spirit. So do the Shofercians; the only difference is that Shofercia has one season of WCoH behind their backs. Alright! We just got news of the starting line up for Shofercia:

Starting as the left wing - Froooliiik Aleksandrov!
Starting as the center - Daaat Pashkov!
Starting as the right wing - Afiiii Maksimov!
Starting as left defenseman - Maaark Andreev!
Starting as the right defenseman - Maaark Danilov!
Starting in goal - Viiictooor Stolichnuy!"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

"Well technically speaking, Shofercia rotates her lines quite a bit, to confuse the opponent, and all lines average roughly 16 minutes of ice time, give or take five minutes. All of them know how to play hockey, nor are newbies. It's just that the Rocket Line played superbly well in the 12 World Cup of Hockey, so they have the honor of starting this one.

The choice of goaltender is interesting. Stolichnuy had several games in the previous World Cup, and underperformed. On the other hand, he's been phenomenal in the Shofercian League, and in practice. He's also the one with the most international experience. Hopefully the trust in Stolichnuy will pay off. And we'll be right back after these messages!"

Are you tired of a corrupt dictator ruling your country? Does the above mentioned dictator have no popular support? Not even 2%? Is your country fairly small? If you answered yes to all of the above questions - you may qualify for liberation by the Shofercian Special Forces. We have an excellent record. We follow human rights, and provide humane treatment. We provide instant food, water, shelter, and better healthcare than any of our competitors. And all we ask for in return, is a training base, and your dictator's Swiss Bank Account. It's not like you'll be using it anyways. Call 1-800-Freedom to obtain vital information on how you may qualify!
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

D Land and Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

D land and isles Hockey

Postby D Land and Isles » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Roster Alphabetical
1 Jhonas Enroth G 5' 10" 175
3 T.J. Brennan D 6' 0" 205 starter
4 Alex Biega D 5'11" 195
8 Dennis Persson D 6' 1" 187 starter
9 Travis Turnbull C 6' 0" 193
10 Colin Stuart LW 6'2" 200
12 Paul Byron C 5' 9" 170
13 Mark Parrish RW 5'11" 200
14 Corey Tropp RW 6'0" 185
15 Felix Schutz C 5' 11" 187
17 Marc-Andre Gragnani D 6' 2" 200
20 Nick Crawford D 6'1" 188
21 Derek Whitmore LW 5' 10" 185
25 Mark Mancari RW 6' 4" 215 starter
26 Brian Roloff C 5'10" 190 starter
28 Dennis McCauley LW 6'3" 243
29 Maxime Legault RW 6' 2"
33 David Leggio G 6'0" 180 starter
37 Matt Ellis C 6'1" 213
38 Tim Conboy D 6'2" 210
39 Luke Adam LW 6'2" 215 starter
44 Drew Schiestel D 6' 2" 192
54 Jacob Lagace RW 5' 11" 195

style +2
f my opponent RPs first, they may:

Penalize my players: Yes
Injure my players: Yes
Godmod scoring: yes
Godmod injuries: No
Godmod other events: no
Last edited by D Land and Isles on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Companies:
D Air
D City International Airport
Destination Hotel Group
Allez Cycles
Stone Furnitures
Francisport International Aeroport
Columbia Cruises

Olympic Medal Tally: 1 G, 3 S, 2 B
Cycling: Winner D City-Crumpston, Points Jersey 1st, 2nd, Island Tour. Stage 2,3, 2nd Island Tour, Stages 1,5, 1st Island Tour

Located in the Northwest

Kelssek
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Group A
Plutoni 3–0 Cosumar
Narsora 1–1 Octinstine (2-1 OT)
Teinohikira 0–2 Tocrowkia

Group A P W L OTW OTL GF GA GD Pts
1 Plutoni 1 1 0 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 Tocrowkia 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Narsora 1 0 0 1 0 2 1 +1 2
4 Octinstine 1 0 0 0 1 1 2 −1 1
5 Teinohikira 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 -2 0
6 Cosumar 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 -3 0

Group B
Cassadaigua 3–0 Sibirsky
Achtervolging 2–2 OCR1 (3-2 SO)
Churchma 1–3 Krytenia

Group B P W L OTW OTL GF GA GD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 1 1 0 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 Krytenia 1 1 0 0 0 3 1 +2 3
3 Achtervolging 1 0 0 1 0 3 2 +1 2
4 OCR1 1 0 0 0 1 2 3 -1 1
5 Churchma 1 0 1 0 0 1 3 −2 0
6 Sibirsky 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 −3 0

Group C
Valanora 2–1 Eizen
Qazox 5–1 Orlkjestad
Cotdelapoms 2–2 Dutch Africa (2-3 OT)

Group C P W L OTW OTL GF GA GD Pts
1 Qazox 1 1 0 0 0 5 1 +4 3
2 Valanora 1 1 0 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Dutch Africa 1 0 0 1 0 3 2 +2 2
4 Cotdelapoms 1 0 0 0 1 2 3 -1 1
5 Eizen 1 0 1 0 0 1 2 −1 0
6 Orlkjestad 1 0 1 0 0 1 5 −4 0

Group D
Sarzonia 3–1 Sorthern Northland
Jepstonia 0–5 Quintessence of Dust
Estnorden 0–0 Mossulia (1–2 SO)

Group D P W L OTW OTL GF GA GD Pts
1 Quintessence of Dust 1 1 0 0 0 5 0 +5 3
2 Sarzonia 1 1 0 0 0 3 1 +2 3
3 Estnorden 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 -1 1
4 Mossulia 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 +1 1
5 Sorthern Northland 1 0 1 0 0 1 3 −2 0
6 Jepstonia 1 0 1 0 0 0 5 −5 0

Group E
Kelssek 2–0 Knomasia
Corraidh 0–4 Shoferica
Ganjapolis 0–4 Allamunic States

Group E P W L OTW OTL GF GA GD Pts
1 Allamunic States 1 1 0 0 0 4 0 +4 3
Shoferica 1 1 0 0 0 4 0 +4 3
3 Kelssek 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 +2 3
4 Knomasia 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 −2 0
5 Corraidh 1 0 1 0 0 0 4 −4 0
Ganjapolis 1 0 1 0 0 0 4 −4 0

Group F
Toyur 0–0 Ad'ihan (2–1 SO)
Greater Costwalds 2–2 D Land and Isles (3-2 OT)
Vulshain 0–4 Delaclava

Group E P W L OTW OTL GF GA GD Pts
1 Delaclava 1 1 0 0 0 4 0 +4 3
2 Greater Costwalds 1 0 0 1 0 3 2 +1 2
3 Toyur 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 +1 2
4 D Land and Isles 1 0 0 0 1 2 3 -1 1
5 Ad'ihan 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 -1 1
6 Vulshain 1 0 1 0 0 0 4 −4 0
Last edited by Kelssek on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 pm

IIHF_WCoH13_Qazox

QAZ  2 1 2  5
ORJ 0 1 0 1

SCORING SUMMARY
First Period
Brianna Mizrachi (12:09) 1-0 Qazox
Chelsea Issacs (5:42) 2-0 Qazox
Second Period
Nate Racner PP (16:07) 3-0 Qazox
ORJ- Forw #2 (6:13) 3-1 Qazox
Third Period
Nate Racner (2) (12:09) 4-1 Qazox
Ji Jueong (3:16) 5-1 Qazox

A dominating 5-1 opening night victory for Qazox over Orlkjestad behind a pair of Racner goals. Mizrachi opened the scoring at the 7:51 mark with a blast from just inside the blueline the was deflected by a defender's stick. Issacs made it 2-0, just 7 minutes later on a beautiful wrap-around that had the Orlkjestadian goalie chewing out his defense. Racner scored the next to Qazoxian goals, sandwiched around a Orlkjestadian goal that was deflected off Greg Thorson's skate past Danielle Chalmers that cut the lead down to 3-1. Ji Jueong finished the scoring with 3:16 left in the 3rd period ona 3-on-1 breakaway. Up next for Qazox is Valanora who defeated Eizen 2-1 earlier in the day. This should be a classic offensive battle.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Plutoni
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2007
Anarchy

Postby Plutoni » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 pm

(OOC: IRC thing, don't ask.)

hockey17.plu/desc/features/wcoh13md1
THE SITE ADMINISTRATION,
FEARING that we would need overtime, or something,
NOTING that we actually didn't,
APPRECIATING Mirsh Atzin's sleek goal 15:02 into the first period, while also
RECOGNIZING that Atzin needed Mack Chase and Kyle Fleet to assist,
NEWLY CONFIDENT, after Mylak Feelkee's goal 7:33 into the second, of how to spell "Mylak"
BUT TOTALLY AWARE that Feelkee actually plays for the Demons, who are really good, and therefore
NOT BEING just a bandwagon-hopper or something else that sucks,
IMPRESSED BY Pensban Gamela's slapshot 3:04 into the third period,
A LITTLE SORRY FOR, BUT MOSTLY JUST LAUGHING AT, the opposing goalie's doomed effort to save it,
APPROPRIATELY CONSCIOUS OF how Mukwal Kuyem picked up a couple penalties, yeah, but it wasn't like they made a difference or anything,
COMMENDS THE TEAM for just being awesome,
AND EXPRESSES OUR HOPE that we don't actually need overtime, or anything, or that we wind up winning if we do need it.

Comments:
1. icebaby: Have you promoted somebody "named" combatant94? Because I'm not sure who else is paranoid enough to assume we'd need overtime against the Cosumars of the world.
You're not a vacuum; you're a black hole!

84th Lowest Police Ratios

Mossulia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mossulia » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:04 am

Mossulia Echo

Win for the first game

Well the first game was a win, so we should be proud. But really all it was, was an overtime fluke. The fact is you can't count it as a win and that's that. Mossulia still think this is an okay result, so we just have to live with it. The thing is the match itself is very boring and in the end the result was our only consolation.

The game itself was uneventful and very little happened. The fact is we were very settled and not very violent like usual. We didn't look like we were trying and neither was the other team. We only had a couple of attempts on goal and they were all crap, so no one was really watching by the end of the match. Still overtime started and things got more interesting.

Overtime was a lot more exciting. It all started with us getting a goal and from then it got very exciting and violent. Not only on the pitch, but there was a large riot in the crowd. In the end they got an equaliser and thing really started hotting up. With minutes left we scored the winner and the crowd went wilder.

Next we have Sorthern Northlands, who won't be an easy team to play and they are amazing to be honest. They at least in the group stage do very well so we won't be taking the game lightly. We will still be aiming for a win, just too be optimistic for once. Although a defeat would be expected, just because it is.
2nd In the Baptism of Iron 6 | Sufferer of the biggest defeat in football
DEFCON: [3] Laid back [2] Small international crisis[1] Large war
New parliament being elected
Our best and least bias Newspaper!

Octinstine
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Octinstine » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:38 am

The Octinstine national team suffered a heart breaking over time loss in there first game at the world cup. Narsora's star striker Apólito Mota Alfaro got the last minute goal to stop it from going to a shootout. The match its self was a fairly even one with both sides getting an early goal. Narsora scored first with a great bit of passing play to seemingly glide through the Octinian defense, Apólito Mota Alfaro got his first goal of the night with it. But barely 2 minutes later Octinstine responded with a typical slow build up from the back that culminated with Sergei Semenov coming off the right for a pretty simple tap in. After that it was quite a boring match actually for the next 2 periods with both teams canceling each other out. Before you knew it the match finished and it was over-time. It began the same way as the first period with both teams scoring early on. This time Octinstine scored first with Petya Filippov coming up from the back to hit one of his typical long range shots that went straight into the back of the net. Narsora responded quickly enough with a long ranger of their own from left winger Willis Kinsey. With the score tied it looked to all the world like the match was going to a shootout but then, Apólito Mota Alfaro broke Octinian hearts with one final goal from distance. The national team to there credit tried to make a comeback but it was too late. The buzzer sounded for the final time, Octinstine had lost.

Overall it was not a bad performance the team were never dominated by the opposition. On the other hand though they never dominated the opposition themselves. The needs to be some improvement if they want to reach the nations expectations of getting out of the group.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:09 am

CASSADAIGUA WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY 13 ROSTER

Coach: Stephanie Grabowski, 59
Assistant: Courtney Rangen, 48
Assistant: Sarah Kennedy, 42

Goalies:

Starter: #31- Jennifer Griffin, 31 (6’1”, 186)- First time as starter
Backup: #35- Christina Randolph, 26 (6’3”, 204)

Line 1:

LW: #18- Andrew Preston (C), 33 (6’3”, 227)
C: #16- Meghan Stafford (A), 22 (5'11" 166)
RW: #21- Danielle Castleberry, 30 (6’4”, 214)

Line 2:
LW: #37- Stefanie Hughes, 21 (5'10, 162)
C: #23- Megan Sommerville, 23 (6’2”, 210)
RW: #19- Allen Johnson, 30 (6’4”, 216)

Line 3:

LW: #12- Bridget Ashford, 22 (6'6", 220)
C: #25- Julie O’Connell, 28 (5’8”, 168)
RW: #10- Byron Washington, 21 (6'7" 240)- First time starter

Line 4:

LW: #22- John Brown, 20 (6'4" 227)- First time starter
C: #17- Natalie Conroy, 20 (5'10, 160)- First time starter
RW: #20- Amanda Luciano, 27 (6’3”, 212)

D Pair 1:

LD: #2- Kim Garrett, 26 (6'3" 202)
RD: #4- Adrienne Gaucher (A), 31 (6'2" 198)

D Pair 2:

LD: #3- Samantha Preston, 23 (6'1", 203)
RD: #7- Cheryl Tollner, 27 (6'5" 223)

D Pair 3:

LD: #5- Brian Zuchovitsky, 29 (6'1" 190)
RD: #6- Nicole Rouse, 31 (6'1" 182)

PP Unit 1: A. Preston-Stafford-Castleberry; S. Preston-Garrett
PP Unit 2: Hughes-Sommerville-Johnson; Gaucher-Zuchovitsky
PK Unit 1: Ashford-Johnson; Garrett-Tollner
PK Unit 2: O’Connell-Conroy; Gaucher-Rouse

Reserves:

W: #44- David Stoddard, 20 (6'7", 228)- First time on team.
W: #9- Brenda McGuire, 26 (5’8”, 176)
W: #11- Danielle Martin, 18 (6'0", 184)- First time on team.
W: #27- Eugene Sorella, 33 (6’5”, 221)
C: #61- Kiersten Woodford, 19 (5'10", 169)- First time on team.
C: #13- Vincent Mastriano, 31 (6’0” 194)
D: #8- Anthony Dennin, 31 (6’6”, 239)
D: #32- Timothy Lyons, 23 (6’4”, 212)
D: #34- Susan Hornung, 27 (5’11”, 195)
D: #36- Charlotte Stanley, 22 (6’2”, 209)
G: #33- Stacie Dupree, 20 (6'1", 190)- First time on team.

Style Modifier: +1

RP Permissions: Don't kill or seriously injure anyone. Do not have anyone under 6' 0" fight, taller people can. Otherwise have fun.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports