NATION

PASSWORD

Mikoyan-Guryevich Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Mikoyan-Guryevich Factbook

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 pm

The Global Powerhouse of Mikoyan-Guryevich

Mikoyan-Guryevich was founded in 1901, as part of a union between the two states of Mikoyan and Guryevich. Although the union occured a nearly a year earlier, the formation of the new nation did not become official until January 1st 1901, marking a fresh start with a new year. Previously, the two states suffered a heated relationships with numerous border wars over land and resourses.

Geography
Population
Politics & Government
Military
Economy
Communications
History
Last edited by Mikoyan-Guryevich on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[strike]I'm a former NS Mentor! If you have any roleplaying related questions, feel free to ask me over telegram!

If I ever appear to be inactive, it's because I am.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Geography

Mikoyan-Guryevich is a very large nation in terms of area, and is blessed with having a widely fertile land. The nation is split into three sections. Mikoyan, the largest district, Guryevich, which is seperated from Mikoyan by the Shajar River, and Barcelona Island, which is off the mainland. The most populated area of the country is the south east corner of Mikoyan, containing 70% of the nations population Mineral mining in north west Mikoyan has led to a boom in population in recent decades. Guryevich and central Mikoyan is sparsely populated.

Map

Mikoyan-Guryevich is located in the south of Texas.

Area:
Total: 32,946,024 sq km
Land: 26,762,236 sq km
Water: 6,183,788 sq km

Shared Boundaries:
8,739km

Maritime Claims:
Territorial sea: 50 km
Economic zone: 300 km

Climate:
Mikoyan-Guryevich has a mostly dry and temperate climate. The southern parts of Mikoyan-Guryevich extend pass the tropic of Cancer and experience mildly tropical conditions. The northern parts experience cool winters with hot summers, and significant rainfall during the winter and spring months.

Terrain:
Mikoyan-Guryevich is mostly comprised of flat plains, with many large rives running through them, making the ground highly fertile. In the southern region of Southern Mikoyan-Guryevich, the center of the region is highly mountainous, with one long mountain range extending through the region. The island region of Barcelona is also mountainous in the center.

Elevation Extremes
Lowest point: Eppalock Basin: -20m
Highest point: Edwards Ridge: 5564m

Natural Resources:
Oil, Natural Gas, Gold, Silver, Iron Ore, Copper Ore, Coal, Uranium, Platinum, Titanium, Diamonds, Tunsgten, Bauxite, Timber, Magnesium.

Land Use:
Crops: 5.84%
Urban: 4.78%
Other: 89.38%

Natural Disaster Risks
Forest Fire, Drought

Environmental Issues:
Deforestation in the far south and on Barcelona isle. The center of the nation is still home to open prarie with scattered forest. Discovery of oil in the far north has led to some minor river pollution, however this has been cleaned in recent years.
Last edited by Mikoyan-Guryevich on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[strike]I'm a former NS Mentor! If you have any roleplaying related questions, feel free to ask me over telegram!

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Population

Population:
3,700,000,000 (est 2010)

Age Group Structure:
0-14 years: 23.4% (male 49.8%/female 50.2%)
15-64 years: 68% (male 49.3%/female 50.7%)
65 years and over: 8.6% (male 48.5%/female 51.5%)

Birth rate:
30.1/1,000 population

Death Rate:
3.8 deaths/1,000 population

Life Expectancy at Birth:
Total population: 84.5 years
Male: 82.5 years
Female: 86.5 years

Fertility Rate:
3.13 children born per female

Nationality & Denonym
Mikoyan noun
Mikoyan adjective

Ethnic & Race
White 78.25%, Arabic 12.35%, Asian 4.53%, Other 4.87%

Religion:
Christianity 56.2%, Islam 10.4%, Atheist 30.97%, Other 2.43%

Major Languages
English Official 100% spoken
Arabic 9.5% spoken
German
French
Spanish

Literacy:
100% Literate

HDI

Social & Economic issues
All citizens have access to free healthcare and running water. Welfare programs are not well recieved, however hundreds of shelters have been erected nationwide to combat homelessness. Disability and aged pensions are available for those unable to work for a legitimate reason.

Education is of the highest standard in the region, and in the world. Schooling is free for all public school students, university is heavily subsidised by the government with selected courses being completely free.

Sporting is taken very seriously within Mikoyan-Guryevich, with every child under the age of 18 being involved in an individual or team sporting activity, and one in every three adults participate within an organized sport regularly, with the remaining two out of the three participating in some kind of lifestyle activity on a regular basis. Mikoyan-Guryevich is one of the most successful sporting nations and has one of the lowest levels of obesity.

Education
Primary years: Ages 4-12
Secondary years: Ages 12-16
Senior Secondary years: Ages 16-18
Last edited by Mikoyan-Guryevich on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:12 pm

Politics & Government

Country Name:
Official Name: The Global Powerhouse of Mikoyan-Guryevich
Accepted Shortform: Mikoyan-Guryevich
Abbreviation: MiG

Government Type
Federal bi-cameral Parliamentary Democray

Capital City
Carada
Population: 24,235,560

States & State Government
State - Capital
Mikoyan Federal Territory - Carada
East Mikoyan - Espada
Central Mikoyan - Canberra
Southern Mikoyan - Dallas
Western Mikoyan - Gemballa
Northern Mikoyan - Yakov
North Guryevich - York
South Guryevich - Falken
Barcelona - Embraer

Date Founded
January 1st, 1901

Dates of Significance
New Years Day, 1 January
Day of Union, 26 January
Rememberence Day, 1 April
MiG Australian Rules Football Leauge Grand Final Day, 20th September

National Anthem:
Minstrel Boy

Legal system:
There are six Law Courts in effect. Magistrate's Court, County Court, State Court, Federal Court, High Court and Coroners Court, listed in order of precedence. Coroner's court does not sentence criminals. High Court judges are chosen by government ministers.

Current Government
President Richard Wilson
Governing Political Party Mikoyan Federal Party (69%)
Opposing Political Parties Mikoyan Democratic Party (24%) Environmental Party (5%) Independent (2%)
Seats Available 200
Senate Mikoyan Federal Party (64%) Mikoyan Democratic Party (28%) Environmental Party (5%) Independents (3%)
Last edited by Mikoyan-Guryevich on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Military

Branches & Organisation
Mikoyan-Guryevich Defence Force
- Mikoyan-Guryevich Air Defence Force
- Mikoyan-Guryevich Land Defence Force
- Mikoyan-Guryevich Sea Defence Force
- Mikoyan-Guryevich Immortals (Elite Special Forces)

Military Service
Service Ages - 16 - 65
Population Available for service - 1,500,000,000

Standard Issue Rifle
- R2 Advanced Infantry Armament Rifle
- SPR55 Assault Rifle

Mikoyan-Guryevich Air Defence Force

Serving Members: 6,600,000
InventoryNumber
GM-24 Caballero Air Superiority Fighter7,500
GM-23 Czapka Strike Fighter12,500
RM-30 San Real Supersonic Bomber1,000
E-5A National Airborne Command Post20
E-55A Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircraft80
KC-40A Aerial Refueling Aircraft220
E-9 Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System Mark II100
E-10A "Looking Glass"20
SM-10 Daimyo500
C-10 Minotaur300
CM-7 Courer200
T-4 Trainer700

Mikoyan-Guryevich Naval Force

Serving Members: 9,600,000
InventoryNumber
Wilhelm von Seelow class aircraft carrier50
Icarus class aircraft carrier250
Battleaxe class cruiser300
Overseer class destroyer400
Hatchet class frigate200
Darfolk class fast attack craft220
Lazarus Amphibious Landing Vessel400
Cheeseekau SSBN50
Tenskwatawa SSN150
Tecumseh SSK100

Mikoyan-Guryevich Land Force

Serving Members: 10,200,000
InventoryNumber
LY4A1 Wolfhound MBT20,000
LY224 Sorcha HIFV25,000
LY219 Ironheart Armoured Multirole Tactical Vehicle (Various)70,000
LY300 Manticore Multiple Rocket System4,000
LY6 Werewolf Assault Gun/Tank Destroyer2,000
Forza DD020X Truck22,000
Forza G500 4WD40,000
TH-300 Utility Helicopter5,000
TH-400 Celestial Transport Helicopter4,000
RH-77 Attack Helicopter5,500

Military Ranks
  • Private
  • Lance Bombadier
  • Bombadier
  • Sergeant
  • Commanding Sergeant
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant Captain
  • Captain
  • Major
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Colonel
  • Brigadier
  • Lieutenant General
  • General
  • Commander
  • Commander of the Force
Last edited by Mikoyan-Guryevich on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 pm

Economy

Mikoyan-Guryevich is an economic powerhouse with a large trade surplus. The free-market economy is dominated by large corporations who are free to do business as they wish within the nation. Power, water, telecom, postal services and many other government services have been privatised recently. Although business taxes are lower than in other nations, employees enjoy many more rights than in nations elsewhere. Environmental Regulations have failed to make an impact on the profitablility of business.

Unemployment
2.84%

GDP Per Capita
$42,350

Inflation
2.25%

Trade Surplus
$50,430,204,340

Primary Industries
Heavy Engineering
Automobiles
Electronics
Appliances
Textiles
Mining
Food Processing
Agriculture

Exports: Raw Resources, Processed Resourses, Metals, Aerospace, Locomotives, Consumer Goods, Automobiles, Lumber, Rice, Wheat, Corn, Beef, Lamb, Chicken

Imports: Automobiles, Consumer Goods, Resources, Metals, Fruits, Vegetables.

Currency: Bank Card (100 Bank Cents)
Last edited by Mikoyan-Guryevich on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Communications

Calling Code
+565

Internet TLD
.mig

Major FTA Television Stations
Channel One
One Sport
Channel Four
Four News
Channel Ten
Channel Ten 2
Invicta
History

Percent of Population with a television
%94

Percent of Population with a Radio
%99

Number of Radio Stations
AM: 2,100
FM: 16,300

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 pm

History

Ancient Times

Modern Mikoyan-Guryevich was one of the few places not reached by the human population until some time during the second century AD. The island of Barcelona was first discovered by merchant traders blown off course by a storm, who returned supposedly months later on an expeditionary mission. The traders christened the land 'Rayo'. Along with their way of life, the traders also brought ancient democracy to Rayo, and this crude system of parliament lasted for over seventeen centures. Although Rayo was one of the earliest nations to adopt true democracy, the system was highly subject to bribery.

The ancient inhabitents curiously did not stray outside the borders of the land which is now Barcelona Island, and either the remaining parts of the modern nation lay undiscovered for many centuries, or the inhabitants chose not to colonize the other land.

The capital and largest city of Rayo was Schigera, a bustling and important port city on the eastern coastline of Barcelona Island. Schigera was founded during the second century and has enjoyed a remarkably peaceful existence in its near 1900 years of existence. Schigera was home to approximately 500,000 people during the early 1500's.

Rayo existed as a near perfectly preserved piece of the Roman & Greek Empires. Its architectural styles and government were reminiscent of the two ancient empires, and remained largely intact due to the lack of foreign visitors to the nation. It is extremely hard to date ancient buildings as architectural stlyes effectively remained dormant for centuries. Unlike many nations, its isolation kept it from the Dark Ages and led to an extended golden period.

Discovery & Founding of Mikoyan & Guryevich

In the late 1500's, the landmass of what is now Mikoyan was discovered by sea faring traders, again lost and off course. The eastern seaboard of the nation is prone to many currents during the stormy, winter months. The traders then returned to the landmass the following summer, and claimed it as their own nation, named Carada after the ship they had discovered it upon.
Last edited by Mikoyan-Guryevich on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 pm

thought I might reserve this post

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:21 pm

This post as well, for s & g's

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

while I'm at it, Ill reserve this one as well

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

One more reservation for luck

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 pm

This one just because I tried to post the last one within thirty seconds of the previous

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:23 pm

And this one is for the F.A.Qs

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information