NATION

PASSWORD

Ace Combat: Broken Line (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:37 pm

For only the second time in his entire career as a pilot Garret found himself having to eject from a fighter. The canopy tore itself away from the fuselage as the explosive bolts that held it in place blew away and then with a loud bang his seat was catapulted from the top of the jet at a 45 degree angle. The seat's rocket engines kicked to life and rudely threw the man into the lowest reaches of the stratosphere as the aircraft he had been piloting plummeted toward the ground below and once the rockets lost their fuel source he too found himself free falling but only for a split second before the drogue chute deployed and the pilot and chair were forced into an upright position with such force that Jones lost consciousness.

It could have only been a few seconds since he had lost consciousness but after blinking himself back into awareness from the fog he realized he was in a predicament. The main chute had deployed but the seat's separator had failed to initialize, there was too much weight and while the nylon fabric was holding up it was unable to slow the descent of both man and chair and sea level was approaching quickly. He needed to act or die. Garret did the first thing he could think of, it was probably the worst idea possible aside from saying a prayer and trusting Jesus to save him but Garret carried a folding survival knife clipped to his suit in case of emergency and this counted as one for sure; he opened the knife and slashed the strap around his waste that held him too the chair. Next his the strap around his left leg, he held his breath and tried to be as steady as he could as he quickly but gingerly slipped the blade between his flight suit and the strap without cutting himself and then sawing through to free his leg. Suddenly the seat fell away from the pilot but his right leg was still attached by the other strap and the whole weight of the 130 pound ejection seat was being held up by it- Garret felt a tug and heard something pop but the adrenaline was already pumping so hard he didn't feel a thing.

Reaching down against the force of the wind rushing up and the weight on his leg pulling him apart Garret tried to slash at the strap still clinging too him. In a desperate and panicked act he tried to get the knife between his thigh and the strap once again but misjudged, the knife penetrated the flight suit and the flesh below and this time he felt pain. With an agonized scream Garret did the first thing he could think of and did what under most circumstances was unthinkable - pulled the knife up through his own flesh and then sawing through the strap, the seat was finally freed and began to freefall while Garret rapidly descended before drifting 'gently' to the ground below. He chose to lay where he landed after he detached the suit and wait for help.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:19 am

1st Lt. Jax "Ranger" Bradford

Jax didn't get a response from Null or Shark so he started to panic a little but remained calm. He kept walking through the Forrest and then found a small clesring, with a chute and a man laying on the ground. He then Recognized Garret.

"Shark, it's Ranger. Coming from your 7 O'clock........." Jax started to say but saw blood and rushed into the clearing to treat Garrett's wound.

Without being told what to do, Jax cleaned and closed up the wound as best he could, using his Combat Knife, and Sleeves to his flight suit, leaving Jax in a now sleeveless flight suit, that had black shirt sleeves poking out.

Not long after that Jax heard a helo, dragged Garret to under a Tree, and Jax, using his Radio and glass from his broken flight helmet visor, directed in the helo to wrench him and Garret into the Chopper.

On the flight back, Jax reexamined his actions, looking for anything that may have caused the failure but he kept coming back to a internal stress fracture was what caused the failure and probably the shaking he had felt during the hard maneuvers, which was reinforced by his mechanical engineering degree as they flew back to base.

Not long after that The Helo land back at Koga, and Jax helped Garret out of the Chopper. Then two Medics came for Garret.

Jax saw Null and shouted "NULL, WE ARE BACK SAFE AND MOSTLY SOUND!"

Jax walked over with a little bit of a limp and said "I think I know what Happened sir. Most have had a stress fracture in my right wing sir."
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Major Aleksi Tallow “Null”
Koga Airbase, Seian

Kyraina wrote:"NULL, WE ARE BACK SAFE AND MOSTLY SOUND!"

Null and Angel both turned to see Ranger coming over with a limp in his step. Angel offered a small wave; Null took note of the apparent injury. The downed pilot then explained his theory on what had happened. A stress fracture in the right wing. Null had already assumed something along those lines, after all he had been right being Ranger when the breakage occurred and it was the only explanation that made sense outside of sabotage. Protocol would see to it that an investigation was carried out, after which someone would be losing their job as a maintenance technician. Null couldn’t say that he felt pity for the poor sod whoever it may be. Their carelessness had almost claimed the lives of three pilots.

Speaking of which: “Where’s Shark?” Null asked as he stole a glance towards where the rescue choppers could just be seen on the tarmac. Emergency vehicles blocked visual but it was clear that some activity was taking place.

Angel looked to Null and then Ranger and then back again. “Shark can’t be too bad off.” She turned to Ranger. “Right? I mean, that would have been the first thing out of your mouth.”

Null grunted a small I suppose and then added, “Take care of that leg. The Major is probably looking for me so… I’m glad you made it back in one piece.” Null said his goodbyes and then proceeded towards the barracks to confront the no doubt irate Major Cocoran.

“Nothing goes right,” Angel commented as she watched Null go. She offered Ranger a sincere grin. “Don’t worry. He’ll be fine once this war is over. I think we’ll all be.”

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:51 am

Beiarusia wrote:Major Aleksi Tallow “Null”
Koga Airbase, Seian

Kyraina wrote:"NULL, WE ARE BACK SAFE AND MOSTLY SOUND!"

Null and Angel both turned to see Ranger coming over with a limp in his step. Angel offered a small wave; Null took note of the apparent injury. The downed pilot then explained his theory on what had happened. A stress fracture in the right wing. Null had already assumed something along those lines, after all he had been right being Ranger when the breakage occurred and it was the only explanation that made sense outside of sabotage. Protocol would see to it that an investigation was carried out, after which someone would be losing their job as a maintenance technician. Null couldn’t say that he felt pity for the poor sod whoever it may be. Their carelessness had almost claimed the lives of three pilots.

Speaking of which: “Where’s Shark?” Null asked as he stole a glance towards where the rescue choppers could just be seen on the tarmac. Emergency vehicles blocked visual but it was clear that some activity was taking place.

Angel looked to Null and then Ranger and then back again. “Shark can’t be too bad off.” She turned to Ranger. “Right? I mean, that would have been the first thing out of your mouth.”

Null grunted a small I suppose and then added, “Take care of that leg. The Major is probably looking for me so… I’m glad you made it back in one piece.” Null said his goodbyes and then proceeded towards the barracks to confront the no doubt irate Major Cocoran.

“Nothing goes right,” Angel commented as she watched Null go. She offered Ranger a sincere grin. “Don’t worry. He’ll be fine once this war is over. I think we’ll all be.”

"Shark is fine, nothing to serious, Shallow cut, and something to do with his hip. Maybe been dislocated, hard to truly say till he has been seen by a doctor. Me, I'm just bruised alitttle, with either a twisted or sprained ankle, we should both be fine for the next Op." Jax replied to Null, and Angel before Null left to go find the Major.

"I would say it went right. Null, Shark, and I are still here instead of taking a permanent dirt nap. As for m, I doubt I will be fine after this war if Belka has anything to say about it. War takes alot out of people, especially the pilots and the front line troops, xand the only time they are truly fine after war is when they are back in war. I know, I was in special operations before I was a pilot." Joseph said as he looked at Angel.

Neadar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neadar » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:18 am

2nd lieutenant Erika Mannock
2nd Lieutenant Harriet Atkinson

Her hand was kept above her brow shielding her bright blue eyes from the encroaching sun as she stared out across the tarmac. Aircraft were still coming in and several helicopters had returned only a few moments ago. The space was a ring of activity as dozens of emergency vehicles danced around the field.

"If I am not mistaken, this was supposed to be a training exercise," the voice next to her said as she took a long drag on her fag.

She stood on her tip toes to try and get a better view more out of instinct than any logical reason. Finally, she came down on her heels and sighed, "I wonder what happened out there".

"It does not matter," the other woman said dropping her cigarette to the ground and twisting the toe of her boot into the black tar. "Come along now Erika, we should not keep the Major waiting," she stepped off with Erika on her heels. "Now we will just report to him, after that we should probably make ourselves scarce. I do not think he will be in a talking mood".

Erika followed her to the barracks with their duffle bags slung over their shoulders. She opened the door and their eyes slowly adjusted to the new surroundings. “Sir,” they both said in unison snapping to attention their duffle bags landing near their left feet and their gloves making solid contact with their right brown. “2nd Lieutenant Harriet Atkinson reporting for duty sir,” Harriet said.

“2nd lieutenant Erika Mannock, reporting for duty Sir,” Erika said holding the salute until told otherwise. They were looking at the figure just in front of them awaiting a reply. He was a major and they assumed the units commanding officer though they could not be sure.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:53 am

After the completely unnecessary mock battle became an infinitely more completely unnecessary loss of aircraft - and possibly pilots too - Hound quickly lost interest in continuing the battle. Luckily for her, so did both Null and base command - the battle was immediately called off, and everyone ordered to RTB to make way for the rescue helicopters.

Hound was happy to oblige, but nonetheless waited for the other aircraft that weren't in several pieces to leave first, flying close to each of them in turn. Just to make sure nobody else broke their rent-a-jets. She was the last to touch down, even after the damaged aircraft.

She landed, taxiing right up to the hangar, climbed out, and practically ripped off her helmet.

"Fuck's sake," she muttered. "Can't we even go through training without someone dying or getting nearly killed?"
Last edited by Rupudska on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:57 am

Captain Noel 'Aguila' Silva
Koga AFB, Seian

Everybody was a little on edge, which was perfectly reasonable considering what had just occurred, a wing tearing off mid-air during a training operation no less wasn't a laughing matter, people could have been horrifically injured and it was a miracle that those involved had come out as lucky as they did, nobody had been fatally injured and the Search and Rescue birds were able to pick the pilots up with relative speed and ease, alleviating the emotional pressure. The rest of the F-5's were able to land without a hitch, a slew of rescue and emergency vehicles awaited on standby anyway, leaving nothing to chance the moment the F-5 rolled to a stop, a mob of aircrew set upon the bird and Noel whisked himself out of the cockpit and slid down towards the ground. Turning to the nearest Seianese airman he offered them only a stern glance, and a few parting words.

"The Major is going to have somebodies balls on a plate for this"

2nd Lieutenant Maria 'Outlaw' Ferrerio
Koga AFB, Seian

A single olive drab Humvee bounced its way through the Seianese countryside, it's occupants jostling with every sudden depression and imperfection in the ill-maintained rural road surfaces. A dust and mud caked ballistic glass window was the only portal to the world outside that Maria had been able to observe during her multiple hour trip through a foreign and frankly strange foreign land. She had been driven from San Martin through North Leasath by an 'independent courier' before being picked up at the Seianese border by a single, unassuming Army Humvee, making her feel like a piece of cargo being carted around more than a person, Maria had tried to occupy her mind with other thoughts by observing the sights but found it hard, the country thus far was rather depressing and grey, nothing but fields of grey and military checkpoints every few miles, coupled with the three accompanying soldiers in the Humvee constantly laughing, shouting and smoking the entire way.

Up ahead lay the destination and the end to the couple days journey Maria had endured, her entire lower body ached and creaked from the rough ride of the Humvee, for the first time since...well for the first time, one of the soldiers turned from the passenger seat to face her and spoke in rough and broken Osean.

"Koga is ahead, we five minutes, maybe more"

Maria could just make out the spire of an Air Traffic Control tower and the low but unmistakable rumble of multiple jet turbines in the not to far distance, the sound closed in from the hills and before long they were visible as they closed in for their landing run, the grey forms of F-5 Tigers descended out of view behind the blocks of buildings that made up the Air Base, the sound of their engines whined out and were drowned by the chatter from the vehicles radio, the Humvee turned onto an offshoot road that led to the main gate of the facility, a pair of sliding chainlink gates as well as a manned guard post awaited them, nearby the barrel of an MG could be seen poking from a small blind on the grass to one side. A single guard wandered over to the drivers side window with a rifle cradled in one arm, he greeted the driver with a more casual wave than a salute and the two conversed briefly in Seianse, making it impossible for Maria to know what they were saying, though the guards eyes constantly shifting from her to the driver made it more than obvious it was about her. She fidgeted uncomfortably when the guard paused and stared at her, as if deep in thought, but before anything else could be said or done, the guard waved the vehicle through.

"He said you are very beautiful" The driver said with a slight grin, Maria replied by furrowing her brow and shifted in her seat. When the Humvee had been cleared through the sets of gates, it proceeded through a network of buildings where for very brief moments, one could see the main tarmac where sets of identical F-5's were taxing to their respective hangars, there was no sight of the F-4 Phantom that she was assigned to however, momentarily she pulled a folded paper from her duffel bag and glanced down at the name written in red ink. 'Noel Silva' it simply read, it was the contact that Sven had arranged for her to meet but would also serve as her pilot, she had no idea what he looked like or even if he knew she was arriving.

Eventually the Humvee stopped outside what was presumably the administrative building, a gaunt looking office block with armed guards and a few desk personnel milling in and out the front doors, the other passengers disembarked first and pulled open the door for Maria to get out, with her bags in quick tow.

"In there, tell them you are here" Was the only parting words to be said by the driver before he drove off into the bustle of the base, leaving Maria stood with two duffel bags slung over her shoulder and a piece of paper with a name, the guards gave her a shifty eye when she entered the building but did nothing to stop her, nobody even offered her a hand with the bags she was obviously straining with. Stumbling to the desk, the secretary behind offered only a questioning glare at the obviously bewildered woman before her.

"Uh hello. I'm looking for a...Captain Noel Silva, is he available?" Maria spoke rather quietly, perhaps a combination of her strange accent or speaking volume had her repeat it a second time.

"Captain Noel Silva....?" Maria by now was getting quite flustered, perhaps the soldiers had accidentally dropped her off at the wrong base? Perhaps Silva didn't infact exist and he went by a different name? A whole array of possibilities and paranoid conclusions filled her head, but before she became certain of anything, the lady nodded and picked up a phone from the desk and chattered into it in Seianese. After a couple minutes of talking, the secretary pressed the phone down.

"Captain Silva has just returned from a training exercise. He will be with you shortly." She said politely as possible and gestured to one of the metal benches in the 'waiting room'. Maria obliged and slung her bags to the floor, using them as a footrest she waited.

15 Minutes later.#

Many people had entered and exited the building in the meanwhile, none of them being Silva. Almost getting ready to nod off, Maria was alerted by a strange, Sapinese accented voice from behind.

"Second Lieutenant Ferrerio i presume?"

Maria snapped her head around and stumbled to her feet, almost tangling her ankles around the duffel bags she had been using as a footrest.

"Yes Sir. Captain Silva...Sir" She stumbled around and offered a quick and off balance salute, shaking the duffel strap off her foot.

"Easy there, Maria isn't it?"

"Uh. Yes sir. Maria Ferrerio" She handed him a small identification card which Noel flipped over in his fingers, giving it a quick glance before handing it back.

"Mr Christiansen said you would be coming, he failed to notify me to when that would exactly be, but you're here now so that doesn't matter. You have your papers with you?"

"Uh. Yes sir. One second" Maria dug around the surface of one of the duffels and pulled out a wad of papers of various origin, attached together by clips and offered them to Silva who waved them off.

"I don't need them. We'll get your bags sorted and i'll take you to see Major Tallow, Squadron C-O" Noel scooped up one of the bags but was quickly stopped by Maria who clutched it with her own two hands, recoiling Silva with a bemused glance.

"Sorry. Not that one." Maria awkwardly replied.

A few minutes later

Noel led Maria down through the network of corridors of the admin building, hopefully Null would be lurking around somewhere, avoiding Corocan at any expense. Ducking in and out of various office's gave the two time to talk.

"You've picked quite an unfortunate moment to arrive today Ferrerio"

"Why is that?"

"We've just finished conducting a training operation, we almost lost three of our guys due to some shoddy maintenance work on one of the birds. Everybody is a little edgy right now."

"Oh i'm sorry to hear...What happened if you don't mind me asking?"

"Structural wing fault. Bolts sheared and ripped the thing straight off, a couple of other aircraft got caught in the debris field, no fatalities but a couple of shaken pilots and a few angry superiors. The Major included."

"Major Tallow?"

"Tallow and Corocan. You really don't want to meet Corocan on a good day" Noel made sure to say the last bit in a rather hushed tone, lest the man was around to hear him.

"Oh. Who is Major Tallow then?"

"Our Squadron C-O, recently promoted by the Dorusian Air Force, our benefactors. He's rather laid back, he won't give you hassle. He also hates being called Sir, as do i for that matter."

Maria quizzically looked down to the ground, which Silva picked up on.

"Don't worry, we're a pretty relaxed outfit. We've got people from Yuktobania, Osea, Belkans, Sapin and even Seianese natives rolled in, works surprisingly well when we're not falling out of the sky" Noel joked, though Maria didn't pick up on it and gave Silva a look of shock, but saw that the Captain was trying not to crack a smile, a joke but in many aspects, it was true.

"Right. Tallow's office." Noel gave two sharp knocks on the wooden door before proceeding inside with Maria meekly in tow.

"Null? Bad timing i know but i've got a Maria Ferrerio here to see you, the one i told you about. She only arrived earlier and has her papers."
Yo, that's mad.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:46 am

Neadar wrote:...
Ubaria wrote:...

Koga Airbase, Seian

Null paused mid-step, turning to look upon the two women who had addressed him in unison. They snapped a salute and Null lazily waved them at ease. The two then introduced themselves as Second Lieutenants Atkinson and Mannock.

“Major Tallow,” Null informed. His flight helmet hung limply from his hand as he looked over the pair. Young and with a vibrance to their eyes. Null almost wanted to turn them down for their own sake. “Welcome to the squadron. We just had a mishap so don’t take it personal if the others seem on edge. Just know that whatever you read in those reports is much worse out here. Don’t expect an easy time.” The lost rate alone was over 40%, though Null left out that little bit of information. “Follow orders and stick with the team and you’ll be fine.”

Their paperwork was handed over and Null, bidding them farewell, continued on to his bunk. He didn’t have time to shower but he changed out of his flight suit at the very least. Done with that he headed over to the little office afforded him in the admin building. A report of the incident needed to be written up before confronting the Major, which was something that Null did not look forward to doing, and since he was over here he figured he might as well take care of the new arrivals. Sitting at the little desk he filed the paperwork away and added the new recruits to the roster, afterwards he proceeded to document his take on what had occurred in the air so that a physical record would exist for the investigation. He had maybe written two words when their was a knock on the door. Fearing the worst Null was pleasantly surprised to see Noel and a young woman enter instead.

“It’s fine,” Null said as Noel apologized for the poor timing. Looking over to the new recruit (the latest of many) he added, “Welcome to the squadron. I’m certain Noel’s given you his own introduction so I’ll spare mine. You’re a WSO, correct? Anything you need answered?”

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:12 pm

2nd Lieutenant Maria 'Outlaw' Ferrerio
Koga AFB, Seian

Beiarusia wrote:---

"No sir, i mean uh....Major Tallow, just here to hand you my transfer papers" She blew a stray lock of hair from her eye and flipped the papers around onto the desk. The documents themselves were mostly of fabricated origin, falsified by Sven but to a high degree of accuracy to ensure nobody would identify them as so, Maria being under criminal investigation and also now technically a deserter, the Brasalium government would have never let her go willingly, though nobody outside of a few group of people knew that so far, not even Noel, she intended for it to stay that way.

Noel parked himself in the doorway and glanced towards Null's report that he had barely started, no doubt he would have one hell of a time trying to explain this one to Corocan.

"Well, i'm sure Null has a lot on his plate right now. I'll give Maria the induction and...good luck with Corocan" Noel chuckled and held the door as Maria exited.

"So. Brasalium Air Force, what are they flying now?" Noel inquired as the pair made way to exit the office building against a flow of workers.

"Well most of our new strike fighers are Osean Tiger 2 imports...but on these ones the wings don't fall off" She teased.

"Right...and what were you trained for?"

"Me? I'm qualified to operate the Tiger in both Pilot and Weapon systems officer positions, and can operate the weapons station on the AMX".

"Well, let me show you around the Phantom"
Yo, that's mad.

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:04 pm

2nd Lieutenant Amabel "Knot" Allard
Koga AFB, Seian

After the events of the training gone wrong, she had immediately said goodbye to the two people she had not recognized and Tombstones in a rush. Though she left to quick to see what they did either. She had watched from afar, but it seemed everyone was okay, thankfully. She hadn't known that the Squadron was up until an Aircraft or two fell from the sky. There was injured, as expected, but no one died.

After things had settled, Amabel thought she'd meet Null to get things straight and back into the swing of things, though by the time she had gotten to his Office he was already visiting some other people. She took a seat next to the door, thinking.

It'd been an awful drive to Koga. At first she first she got word that Morena was back at the Capital, then somewhere else, then here as she traveled. But she found an old friend from the AAF at Ansan again, Amabel still felt bad about tearing him away from his own Unit, but felt nothing but gratefulness that they did. They were the last surviving true members of their old Squadron from back over Aurelia, it was a good feeling that for a moment felt like the Squadron had never been gone.

A minute or so passed and a few people walked out, apparently talking to Null, she stood up after they left and opened the door walking in, seeing a somewhat familiar face but at the same time being different. "Sir." She said, saluting.
Heyo.
The Collected Entries Of Me In A Nutshell
"Donner: A chill guy who has no chill" - Esgonia
"Everything is wrong. Everything" - URA

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:03 am

2nd Lieutenant Katerina Volikov
Koga Airbase, Seian

She arrived at the airbase, not on the fastest speed but better than worse, right? Aircraft coming in and out, so does with the helicopters. Personnel running around doing their own stuffs, but so far she hasn't asks anyone on the direction to the officer where Major Tallow is. Finally, she was able to approached one of the personnel, a male personnel. "Excuse me, sir, may I know the direction to Major Tallow's office?"

"Null? Oh sure, there, right there," said him as he pointed out the directions. Before she could asked what is the meaning of Null, he went away, bid a wave. She shrugged to herself and then went to the directions of the office.

She approached the office, but she also saw two people already inside and with someone who most likely is Major Tallow. "Sir?" as she called for the Major Tallow's attention. "2nd Lieutenant Katerina Volikov, reporting for duty, Sir!" as she saluted to him.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:28 pm

1400 October 13, 1992 // Koga Airbase, Seian

An investigation had been carried out following the incident. Eyewitness accounts and what remained of the wrecked F-5 indicated a structural failure at the joint of the right wing and the fuselage brought on by a stress fracture that had been overlooked during maintenance. The hard maneuvering of the mock battle had been too much for the weakened joint and the wing had been sheared off. Shark’s aircraft had suffered catastrophic engine damage from inhaled debris and had caught fire from a ruptured fuel line; Null’s aircraft was deemed a lost as well from irreparable damage to the fuselage and both engines. The maintenance failure was traced back to a work crew that had serviced the planes shortly after the retaking of Koga, however, due to the occupation a separate inquiry was ongoing to rule out sabotage, though regardless the men were suspended until further notice.

That was the end of it as Morena was concerned.

The last few days had been anything but relaxing. Aside from the investigation and the hassles associated with it the DAF was moving ahead with its plans to liberate Ansan despite the failure to cut enemy supply lines at Tiananmen. DAF aircraft had been rerouted to Koga for the time being and the pilots briefed for the eventual sortie.

In two days time there would be a major offensive on the cities of Ansan and Kaesong, both of which were currently in the hands of the enemy. The DAF and Morena would be leading the initial assault on Kaesong with the assistance of the Seianese Second Naval Fleet, the goal being to draw most of the enemy defensive forces away from Ansan in preparation for the SAF liberation. It would no doubt be the largest battle thus far, fought in the air, on land, and from the sea, but if successful the enemy would be expelled from the country with their tails between their legs. Of course Morena had been given a special assignment. The assault on Tiananmen had failed due to the intervention of a Belkan mercenary squadron (a handful of F-15C’s and a lone CF-105), one that had held its own against the 101st, and so the mercenaries would be cooperating with Reaper and Warrior to eliminate the threat the moment they appeared. Otherwise the plan was to support the land and naval engagements. More details would be given once they were en route but that was the gist of the mission. Simple on paper.

“We’re almost done. Can you believe that?” Angel said between bites of rice. She, Null, and Skull Kid (2nd Lt. Rowan Forrester) were in the mess hall, grabbing a late lunch after the briefing that had been headed by Major Cocoran and Colonel Kwan.

The 101st had arrived the evening before alongside a contingent of DAF forces in preparation of the assault – infantry was assembling at military base to the south. Graves had been preoccupied with Daemon (Lt. Bernd Olek) serving as his right hand. Skull Kid, however, was allowed to do as he pleased since he was in no position of responsibility, so grabbing lunch with his squadmates had been the first course of action.

Skull Kid didn’t find the food all too palatable but ate with little complaint. “We just got here and it looks like it’s over. You guys really took care of things.”

Angel’s usual grin faltered a tiny bit with the comment. “Yeah, but we lost a lot of people getting just this far. But one we retake Ansan-”

“The war won’t be over for a long while, not if the generals have a say in things,” Null added solemnly. The DAF wasn’t one to leave things half finished. Until Beiarusia admitted defeat or sued for peace this war would continue until one or both sides were unable to throw another punch. If what Graves said was true – and he had little reason to lie – the generals had worked this little incursion into a patriotic fervor against an enemy that had spilled the nation’s blood. Sewek and Zelenko hadn’t died for nothing it would seem.

“I hope you’re wrong.” Angel took another bite of her food.

“But you were the best of us rookies. This should be a cakewalk for you,” Skull Kid said with some hint of admiration.

Null glanced at the kid. Still green. “Being good at war and seeking it are two different things.”

Maybe he’d be wrong. Maybe after the liberation of Ansan the war would fizzle down to nothing more than political bickering until both sides agreed to an armistice or, better yet, a full fledged treaty. In a perfect world the coming battle would end with negotiations before another shot could even be fired.

But this wasn’t a perfect world.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Second Lieutenant Dan
1400 October 13, 1992
Koga AFB

The last sortie was now a faint memory for Dan. One minute he was hanging on by his fingernails trying to survive Angel's mock target locks, then the next he next he's dodging debris from three different aircraft. Luckily God had spared all three pilots from any critical injuries, but the maintenance crew for the F-5s would have hell to pay. That's all Dan could think about that, besides building up some more teamworking skills and a five hundred thousand dollar deposit to his account.

He had woken up early that morning, doing some simple exercises to keep in shape and eating chow. He had also looked over the Super Hornet to make sure the crew had efficiently done their jobs, and was satisfied with what he inspected. After doing some simple paperwork for the repairs and passing it off for Garret to finalize, he went to eat lunch. After he had retrieved the standard minimal cost meal the cook had heated up, he went to sit with Null and Angel and their DAF friend.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asked, grabbing the chair next to Angel, and acknowledging Null with a short 'sir' as he sat down. "I'm glad you two are on our side, ya gave me a hell of a run for my money." He said, offering the compliment to the two pilots who he and Ranger unsuccessfully tried to out maneuver in the mock battle. "Although I'm sure another two minutes we would've got your number." He playfully jabbed before taking a bite of his food.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Yuria blacked out as she was resting on Haruna's lap, requiring medics to stretcher her over to the infirmary. Haruna followed, taking a while off to attend the squadron briefing where she explained Yuria's absence in the medical bay.

Returning to Yuria's side, Haruna noticed that there was someone familiar coming in, Garret Jones, aka Shark, aka the man who Haruna paired up with Yuria.

"Hey." Haruna hailed as Garret was placed on a bed a distance away. Haruna walked over, pulling her chair as well before sitting next to the Major.

"Glad that you're alive." Haruna said solemnly, taking a look at Yuria before turning back to Garret. "She had a shock, partly because of... Her past, but she's resting now..."

A hand motioned to the leg, Haruna guessing it must be from the ejection. Yuria and her got lucky, only receiving backbone pains which could be healed by treatment.

"How's the leg?"
___
Jones had been wheeled in on a gurney, his right leg wrapped in gauze and bandages but it didn't seem to be a major concern to him while he sat upright on the mobile bed as he was being pushed around. When they parked him he adjusted the thing to prop him up and leaned back in as he waited for the base's old X-Ray machine to be fired up, he seemed to be in good spirits as he looked to Haruna, "I'll live. Jax and the doctor both say I'm going to regret it once the painkillers and adrenaline wear off. I can't move this leg though, " he said as he patted the bandaged leg "They think something has been displaced and they are going to do X-rays. What's wrong with Yuria?"

He tried for a second to get up so he could have a look at her, "Did she get hurt somehow?!"
____
"That's good to hear... it really... gave us a scare in the air..." The little pilot replied as she looked at the leg, and back at Jones before she registered his question. Haruna turned to the sleeping Yuria, looking at her face of worry and unease. Turning back to Jones, the Seianese sighed as she contemplated whether she should explain in Yuria's place, especially when it was the history of her best friend.

"Yuria... she had a shock, a pretty bad one." Haruna said, leaning forward. "Because... she... she had a past history... I think... I think she'll be up soon, you should be able to ask her in a while..."

Sighing again, Haruna thought of something, before turning to Jones.

"Hey, do you want me to get Yuria next to you? She's not hooked up to anything. I can do it for you quick."
____
It seemed like a silly question. Of course he wanted Yuria next to him! But then again he could be carted off at any moment for them to do an examination of his leg. He decided not to worry about that and nodded to Haruna, "Yes, I'd like that very much."
____
Haruna was prompt, standing so quickly that it almost seemed like she leapt from the chair. She did not wish to purposely drag Yuria's bed over without Jones' consent, almost as if she was trying to... initiate... something.

Yuria was still sleeping on her bed, although the lines of worry on her face seemed gone. Haruna looked at her friend, her features indicating a peaceful rest. Releasing the locks on the mobile bed, Haruna rolled the bed over, pushing and pulling it gently before shifting any obstacles in the way. Instead of positioning it where the previous bed was, Haruna rolled the bed right next to Jones', locking it and giving a satisfied nod at the end of her work.

"She's looking much better..." Haruna said, "Previously she was so worried..." A hand went over to Yuria's forehead, and for a moment, the older woman seemed to take in a sharp breath, before her eyes shot open, Yuria bolting up as her hand reached for Haruna's wrist, gripping it hard as she breathes heavily.

"Garret!" Yuria cried, before she seemed to calm upon seeing Haruna. Yuria seemed confused for a while, before recognizing the infirmary, and the bed she was in.

"Garret, he..."

A turn to the side cut the words from Yuria as she saw Jones lying on the bed next to her. Immediately, Yuria's face turned red, as her grip relaxed on Haruna's wrist. The pilot withdrew her hand, before placing it on Yuria's shoulder as the WSO placed a hand to her face, seemingly dabbing away tears which seemed to form out of nowhere.

"I'll leave you two for now." Haruna said, giving Yuria a small hug before nodding at Jones, turning to leave the infirmary for her bunk to get a deserved rest.

Left alone with Jones, and a couple of other injured personnel. Yuria turned to face the Osean as she tried to speak, but needing to compose herself a little more.

"Ga-Garret... You...your leg!" Yuria exclaimed with an open degree of concern. "You... I was... So... Worried..."
____
Garret just offered Yuria a gentle smile while she came too and had her mini panic attack as he looked down on her from his sitting position. As Haruna excused herself he gave the girl a nod and mouthed the words 'thank you' to her. His attention returned to Yuria who was recovering from her stupor and quickly noticed his leg. He tried to calm her day, "Its nothing. A small price to pay to get a room with you." he teased.

"I ejected safely once I realized the jet couldn't be saved but the seat didn't separate from me once the parachute opened so I had to cut it off. I missed the leg strap once or twice but I'm going to be ok though. It doesn't even hurt right now."
_____
Yuria sighed as Garret teased her with his words, shaking her head but with a small smile on her face. Somehow, his words and light-hearted manner gave her a slight sense of peace, no longer was Yuria in an uncharacteristic state of panic. Her colleagues once said that Kanzaki Yuria could only fall into a panic when a plane she cleared returned with a mechanical fault, and over four years of working as a team, none of the mechanics ever saw their chief lose her head on the line of duty.

"Oh you..." Yuria whispered, placing a hand on Garret's thigh and patting it softly. She had little to say, listening intently as Garret explained the events leading to them being stuck in the infirmary. Nodding as he explained the injury, Yuria sighed as she rubbed her face once again, trying to erase traces of sleep still stuck on her.

"I... I'm sorry to worry you... You must not be expecting me to be here..." Yuria said, hands back to her side gripping the bedsheets. What would Garret think if he knew the reason why she was sent here? Was she ready to tell him her past? Would they even be able to progress from the early stages of understanding each other, if Yuria wasn't ready to reveal her source of anguish? Yuria's expression was shaken for a moment, as she turned to Garret again, giving him a smile, albeit a strained one.

"I guess they should be getting ready to check that leg... Hopefully it's nothing... We'll still need everyone we have in the sky."
_____
Garret snatched up Yuria's hand and held it in both of his own as she talked to him and assured her he wasn't going to be grounded for long, "They'll need to cut my leg off to keep me from getting back into the sky as soon as possible. I can move the leg but not very well, I felt it separate from my hip when I cut the straps too the seat - I think maybe it was pulled out of place. I've seen runners with similar injuries be ready for running in weeks - I might need a little traction and physical therapy but it shouldn't stop me from flying."

If she allowed he'd pull her hand up to kiss it before letting it go, "I didn't hurt my back or anything in the ejection and managed to get out of a second situation that should have killed me in as many days. I'm charmed and I think its because of you. Besides maybe getting stuck in the seat was a good thing, maybe I won't have shrunk any from spinal compression, or maybe I'll be taller." he laughed, "Most people expect me to be taller when they hear about me.
_____
Yuria's face burned, and her eyes grew as her hands were gripped by Garret, the Seianese blushing furiously as she listened to the Osean speak, nodding as he explained his scenario. Yuria was often one to worry in excess, but the kiss on her hand seemed to calm her down. The tension seemed to die down, as Yuria nodded slightly, shifting herself closer to Garret as she gave him a smile. This time, it was more relaxed, but the slight blush on her fair cheeks remained.

"Ah..." Yuria whispered, looking away shyly as Garret explained his lucky escape. Being credited for his fortunate escape, Yuria could only shake her head and join Garret in his chuckle, and taking a moment to look at his back as well as his height.

"You're already too tall!" Yuria joked, giving him a soft nudge on the arm with a balled fist. "Any more and I might need to wear those horrible heels just to look at you..." Her face became a pout, as Yuria slouched a little, arranging her hair so it won't seem like a frizzled mane after her rest on the bed. "What time would they come in to check up on you?"
____
"I am not too tall...In Osea I'm about average. Or i was before I ejected, I might be shorter than average now." he joked, "A big damn hero like myself needs to be taller its like a law or something." he laughed again and watched her rearrange her hair.

"You don't ever need to wear any stupid shoes to impress me. The less you wear the more impressed I get." he said with a wink.

His joviality was covering the pain he was starting to feel in his hip, a dull ache that would soon become a sharper and more severe pain as medications that dulled his nerves wore off. She asked about when they'd be checking on him and he shrugged, "Well... they have to fire the old X-Ray machine up if it even works. That could take a while. In the next 20 minutes or so at the most I think? I'm not life threateningly wounded."
____
Yuria's hand flew to give Garret's arm a soft slap as she squealed at his tease, arms wrapping around her chest as if he was ogling at her proportions. This man was such a tease! Yuria was giving a soft giggle as she threw Garret a look, shaking her head as if she was ticking Garret off.

"You! Goodness me." Yuria said, trying to see if anyone heard the teasing of this man. "Well..." Yuria leaned in closer "That depends on how the Shark gets his woman..."

Nodding as Garret explained the usage of the X-Ray machine, Yuria thought for a while before giving a chuckle. "That machine? It was old... We didn't use it much for the past three years. Even the most serious were sent straight to hospital... But I did my own maintenance on it before this mess started, it kind of works." Yuria said reassuringly.

Small talk dominated the rest of the conversation, before several orderlies came into room, indicating that the machine was ready. With a nod, Yuria raised a hand to bid Garret goodbye, before laying back on her bed, glad to get a good conversation which did wonders to her mental state. Still, she'd slap herself if she could, for Yuria's expression turned into a sad look as she glanced at the window, wondering if she was going to be a problem to this kind Osean.

Shimazaki Haruna

"Is she alright?"

Haruna nodded, giving the man a scowl as she tried to push past him. Hiro stood his ground though, placing both hands gently on Haruna's shoulders, effectively stopping the little pilot from passing him by. He could see the hurt in her eyes, and knew that the connection between the two was strong. However, his groin still ached from the massive blow he received before the training mission, and he suspected that it might have affected his flight performance.

"Hey, Shimazaki." Hiro said, before gently guiding her away from the infirmary. They walked in the silence for a while, Haruna saying nothing but allowing his hand to rest on her shoulder. The base was still sparsely populated, even the infantry battalion providing security has taken residence in an evacuated village nearby. Technicians were going apeshit over the accident, leaving the pilots mostly to do what they'd want.

"Erm, Shimzaki... Major Kwan... would like a word with you."

"Colonel Kwan?" Haruna blinked, as if she was hearing things. Why would Colonel Kwan want her for? Haruna was confused as she nodded, following Hiro towards the administration building, where the base commander's office was located in. Before Haruna knew what happened, she was sitting on a chair with a cup of hot tea in front of her, served by the Colonel himself as Hiro observed from the side.

"Second Lieutenant Shimazaki Haruna." Colonel Kwan addressed her with a clipboard in front of him. The man was warm and friendly, not requiring Haruna to address his rank due to the different services they belong to. "Nine aerial victories, two in an OV-10 Bronco. Flying experience, one sortie in a Republic Thunderstreak, destroyed in a ground attack. Three sorties in the Bronco including the improvised mission at Tiananmen, where you attacked a Beiarusian destroyer with Sting here." The man gestured to Hiro, who nodded, before returning to his notes. "Unfortunately you went down due to damage from ground fire. Currently you fly a Tornado, the first batch of operational Usean warplanes as an aerial support and dedicated SEAD attacker."

Haruna nodded, knowing that her records were displayed on the lists. The Seianese media needed to know who their heroes were, and the basics of why they were even heroes could be found in their contributions to the war.

"Yes sir. That is my role." Haruna replied.

"And... I did notice that you tried to sign on with the Air Force a year ago. You passed all tests, succeeded in all challenges except... You were erroneously discharged after you failed to complete an optional mission which should not even be attempted in the first place. Now with us being able to communicate properly..."

The man leaned over, clearing his throat. This was an important task for the Seianese command, the loss of several pilots could be replaced by the acquisition of an ace who could uplift the morale of the Seianese military. The ideal story of a girl who went against all odds and fought her way back into the Seianese Air Force, it would be propaganda gold.

"I would like to extend to you a formal invitation back into the Seianese Air Force. Sting here has appraised your performance, and we agree that you were wrongfully discharged. Your WSO, Kanzaki Yuria, is still part of the Seianese Air Force, and you two would be provided with a new state-of-the-art Fighting Falcon to continue pushing Seian towards victory. We hope you can consider this offer, especially when your country needs you. Instead of doing it purely for money, imagine the pride and honor you stand to gain, as a member of the Seianese Air Force."
Last edited by Relikai on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:54 pm

3 Days Later

Lunch was one of the times Knot felt at peace. She typically sat herself down anywhere far from another person and sat in quiet eating. Then went to her business afterwards, that was before Rainer showed up again, now she sat with someone else. Replacing the silence with typical chit-chat about the old days and the Squadron, as well as where they had been for the past years.

Rainer, being a Mechanic for the Aircraft in service, was also blamed for the humiliating defeat that their Squadron and Flight had suffered from the Cayenne Air Force. He was thrown out and discharged and found himself in work for other nations in Mercenary service. Luckily his unit was also contracted for work in Saien, though he was sure that his time in the Unit was now surely over since he had gone missing over a week ago. He did now however find service with Morena as an extra hand for Aircraft management. They and Knot were both simply outcasts from their native Country, Aurelia wanted nothing to do with them, and they didn't want anything to do with Aurelia. All they could do now is stick together.

The accident days before had an effect on Knot, she gave her sympathies for Shark who was wounded in it. It was the least she could do after being gone for so long. Rainer though did not know what had happened until he had gotten back to Amabel, but shared less care for the event, he didn't know the Squadron as well.

"Remember when us and a few other of the flight members started lighting fire crackers and kicked them around to each other?" Rainer said laughing to himself a bit. "Who ever had the thing blow up on them lost and had to buy drinks. Used to always settle the tabs we had." Rainer said in his native tongue and smiled, seeming to remember fondly of the past, as he poked through his food.

"Yeah, Lieutenant Joseph always acted like he was punishing us when the Captain caught us doing it. Said it was... 'unprofessional for a Soldier and we should be ashamed!'" Amabel said in her native tongue mocking her former Flight Leader of whom had a ridiculous accent, even for being Aurelian, they were almost sure he was faking it. Lieutenant Joseph had unfortunately like the rest of the Squadron, been lost over the sea. Though Rainer and Amabel alike we're glad to have good last memories of their comrades. Something they relished with a somewhat loud laugh from both of them from the corner of the room.

"Whatever happened to David? Your Co-Pilot." Rainer asked taking a bite. He hadn't known David well or remembered what happened to him. To Knot, it seemed Rainer was just ignoring them, or even disregarding their existence as a whole.

Knot looked away then back at Rainer and sighed her hand stopping as it was scooping more food. "David... was killed, in the furball." Knot said being quiet for a second more "He took a lot of shrapnel from a missile hit and a cannon. Died on landing, D.O.A when the medics came." Knot finished somberly. The two were sternly quiet now, simply finishing their food. David despite his faults, was a friend to Knot, one if the first people she met when joining the Squadron and Flight and the first to call Amabel by her given Callsign. Knot knew him as a Pacifist, he was against the war but still wanted to serve but couldn't get Concentious Objector status, so he became a Co-Pilot so he wouldn't have to pull the trigger on anyone directly.

Knot wasn't well after his death, not even now years after it was she able to forgive herself. There was always something she could have done to protect him, but not one thing would have in actuality. The Squadron Leader ordered them to keep fighting for tradition but Knot knew they were going to lose, so she ran. Now one of the only survivors from the incident. The Military went as far as to say her Squadron never existed to cover up the humiliation, and that anything in the news was simply a hoax. Her Family was neither notified of her being alive or being dead.

To Amabel, it was all a wrong turn, a bad decision. So many mistakes, too little time.

"So, Koga is nice." Rainer said trying to break the awkward silence. He shifted what left on his plate he had, playing with it. Though Rainer didn't know David, he knew Amabels connection to him and knew how deep it went. He regretted asking about him, hoping Amabel had something left unlike him.

"It is, kinda humid, but that's what you get for working in a Jungle I guess. Alot different than the mountains, that's for sure." Knot said tapping the table with a fork. "Are you settling in nicely?" Amabel asked.

"It's nice here, quaint compared to some of the other places I've been actually." Rainer said. "Bit of a shame the war is ending too soon to enjoy it." He said with a bit of relief in his voice. The War was going well for their side and many thought it wouldn't be too long before they went home. They had taken back Koga, and they had taken back a lot of land in addition, they were back where they started almost, how long until they went into Beiarusia it's self? Or maybe a Peace would be found before that would become an option.

"I wouldn't count on that." Knot said "You were in our Squadron, Cayenne and Aurelia still haven't found peace. And that isn't even really a total war, this is. We're going to be here for a little while longer." Knot said, sighing shortly afterwards. She wasn't very optimistic for a shorter war, no matter if they were winning or not, the Beirusians weren't done. They had even been briefed earlier that a mission was coming.

Rainer stayed quiet again, looking away and at other areas of the room though changing his mind he looked up sternly at Knot, deciding to confront her. "Time hasn't been very well to you has it?" Before Knot had a chance to argue he spoke again "I'm sorry, you lost people, but so did I, we both did." Rainer said with a quiet rough tone of voice. "Stop acting like you're the only one hurt by this... I lost family too. But you don't see me acting like it was my fault, Amabel."

"You don't know anything, Rainer. You weren't in that Pilot Seat." Knot said plainly, staring at the man across from him.

"Maybe I wasnt, but at least I can move on." Rainer said as if stating a fact, packing up his trash and other things and walking away. Looking behind him briefly at Knot, but then leaving. Knot growled quietly, angry. Rainer was right, she needed to fine closure, but Knot didn't believe him. She sat there thinking, as she usually did before Rainer arrived. Thinking of what if.
Last edited by Empire of Donner land on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyo.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:50 pm

1400 October 13, 1992 // Koga Airbase, Seian

“Mind if we sit here?”

The trio looked up to see Gunny with a tray of food in his hands, and though it had been asked the man didn’t really give them the option of denying him as he slid down next to Angel. The North Pointer was soon praising the two DAF pilots, stating how he was thankful that they were on his side, though of course he ended the comment with how he would have won out in the end. Not cocky but not entirely joking as he dug into his food.

“I beg to differ,” Angel said with a mischievous grin. “The way I saw it you were dead in the air before Dragon came to the rescue. The rookie saved you up there.”

“And yet you only shot down the rookie,” Null said, his teasing remark lost in his deadpan.

Angel pouted. “I would have had both of them if not for you guys smashing into each other. Can’t believe they’d send us up with faulty planes. Honestly, isn’t there some sort of redundancy for that sort of thing? You could have been killed.”

“I think I won out all things considered.” Null raised a hand to his neck and stretched. “And I told Zeeger to go over our planes from now on. He won’t let something like that slip through.”

“Zeeger’s really good about that sort of thing. He worked with us back in Vostok and hasn’t let us down since,” Skull Kid explained to Gunny who was the odd one out of the four. “I remember this one time when Zeeger nearly took the head of the new mechanic after he had accidentally damaged the wiring of one of our Eagles during some botched maintenance. The guy quit the very next day after nearly having a break down. The man takes his job seriously.”

“That was mean,” Angel said.

“But it was your Eagle that was down for a week,” Null pointed out.

“Yeah, but…” With little warning the girl’s eyes brightened and in one fluid motion she was on the tips of her toes, waving and yelling to grab someone’s attention. “Hey! Knot! Why are you over there all by yourself? More than enough room here for everyone.”

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:31 am

Koga Air Force Base, Seian

Knot was finishing the rest of her food, calmed down from the previous confrontation with Rainer. She was trying her best to get refreshed with how life outside of a HUMVEE was after basically living in one for over a week. She had practically been knocked unconcious lying her head on an actual pillow for once in her old Room on the Base the first day being back.

Knot's head jolted up from her food when she heard a familiar voice from across the room. A Girl waving her hands stood up high and her face was only able to be mistaken for their twin by Amabel. Angel was calling for her. "Hey! Knot! Why are you over there all by yourself? More than enough room here for everyone.” She yelled. Uncomfortable now, called out in front of others, Amabel stood up grabbing her tray and made her way quickly down the aisle to the table sitting next to Gunny, giving a single nod to those at the table.

"Salut, désolé, je viens de parler à un de mes amis." Amabel said, forgetting she was no longer talking to someone who knew her language. "Ah, sorry." She said embarrassed, "I was just talking to a friend who left." She added nervously. It had been a while since she had even talked to some of the Morena members, let alone seen them.
Heyo.

Armellenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armellenia » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Lieutenant Wulf "Serpent" Hetzenauer
Spider Flight, 13th Mercenary Air Squadron Morena

Wulf returned to his hangar, where his A-4 resided, with the reason in mind being that he wanted to check up on things. But in reality he just wanted to make sure that such choppy maintenance that had caused so many issues during the exercise on the F-5's hadn't occurred on his A-4 as well. After all, the aircraft were similar in era and philosophy, so why not just be sure?

He arrived at his aircraft, eyeballing it many times around. Truth be told, he had no idea what he was looking for. But a little voice in his mind told him he should at least try something.

His rather blind fear was about to subside when he spotted a small, white rectangle taped to the glass of his A-4. Upon further examination, it was a letter. It was, to say the least, an odd way to deliver mail. He climbed the ladder to his cockpit and ripped the paper off the aircraft's surface. It had no return address, or anything included as to give out the sender's location or identity, but it was very clearly addressed to him. Whatever the contents were, they were ill-fit to be sent in the envelope, with the little package nearly bursting open. He tore it open, and a small card fell out, a signature that Wulf seemed to recall from years ago written alongside a Belkan Air Force ensign.

Inside the envelope was a wrinkled clipping from a Belkan state-run newspaper from three weeks prior to the present, along with several official looking documents dotted with various signatures of officials.

"Mr. Hetzenauer, former Belkan national and Air Force Lieutenant, has been found guilty by a military court of manslaughter, theft of government property, and treason and faces fifty years to life imprisonment upon return to Belka or apprehension by Belkan authorities."

The sentence was underlined in black marker.

Wulf felt sick to his stomach. He began to rip the contents of the letter up as he exited the hangar and almost made it to a nearby trashcan before he noticed, in the same black marker, scribbling on the back of the letter.

"We can change this, Wulf. Return to Belka."

Under it was an address, but he need not read it. He threw the rest of the paper in the trash and proceeded to the mess hall, where he found several members of Morena at a table, eating a late lunch. He sat down, too confused and nervous to eat, only purchasing a soda from a vending machine. He was uneasy, and the sweet beverage hardly calmed his nerves.
Last edited by Armellenia on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:59 pm

2nd Lieutenant Katerina Volikov
Koga Airbase, Seian

For starter, she hadn't made any good moves to introduced herself to the pilots, though perhaps it will be fixed once they enter briefing for the next mission. Of course, on the other hand she had relaxed herself with the staffs, although not all of the staffs within the airbase. She picked up a tray and pulled up in the cafeteria, munched in through her own food. Gravy and porridge, eh, not a bad choice. And few vegetables, like boiled carrots. Only boiled carrots, actually.

She didn't actually knew what to do on the field, since despite her extensive air experience, San Martin Air Force (SMAF) is small and mainly for ceremonial purposes. What field combat she has are just few run with bandits on the sea and no attacks on them, just flying above them. And acrobatic tricks for flight and ceremonial purposes. San Martin is not exactly rich either, limestone and timber are hardly relevant in modern constructions. She actually had worse diet in the past, closely linked to San Martin's standard food diet.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:26 am

1st Lt. Jax "Ranger" Bradford, 1st Lt. Zach "Knight"Steele

Jax was taking Zach out for a walk around the hospital, as Zach healed from the ordeal in the C130, and the busted stitches it had brought.

The dou was currently outside, watching in Silence as Planes took off and landed, but soon Zach had to sat down and so the diu headed back inside.

"We need to go check on Garret," Zach said to Joseph, who just nodded as they walked through the halls of the hospital.

They walked a few more minutes in silence, before arriving at Garrett's hospital room door, and saw it closed.

Jax raised a fist and knocked rather loudly.

"Hey Garrett, it's Jax and Zach. Mind if we come in?" Jax said as he waited for a reply.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Operation: Snare Trap

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:34 pm

1715 October 16, 1992 // Kaesong, Seian

The day had finally come.

Null looked out at the many aircraft flying north towards Kaesong. An invasion force intent on displacing the occupying Beiarusians. The DAF was throwing its all into this one battle, and should they succeed the enemy would be forced out of Seian once and for all. A risky maneuver given the defeat at Tiananmen only a week prior. The DAF was confident if nothing else.

The mission briefing the evening before had been a simple affair headed by the Major. No dramatic speech; no inspirational words of do or die. Just the facts. Short and to the point. The invasion was two fold: the main contingent would enter the city from the south while a second force attacked from the sea, the main objective being the capture of city hall. The objective was mostly symbolic, but a success would decimate enemy defenses regardless of tactical value, and if only to drive home this point it was the duty of the air force to see to it that this objective was accomplished no matter the obstacle. As stated, the main force (comprised almost entirely of Dorusian soldiers) would push north into Kaesong with most of the fighting expected to take place just outside the city limits – enemy artillery was likely to be a detriment given the open space and, as such, was designated a priority target. The secondary force would make landfall in the city’s southeast before joining the main force on the objective. Enemy naval vessels were a very real threat, and even with the assistance of the Seianese Second Fleet this was to be a challenging endeavour, but if successful would force the enemy to defend an additional front. Air superiority and close-air-support would be key to this mission. Of course this was only a feint. With the DAF fighting for control of Kaesong it was expected that enemy units currently based at Park AFB would be scrambled to defend against the invasion. Once this occurred, and the enemy was effectively split, the SAF would begin its own operation to liberate Ansan across the gulf. Come nightfall and the two cities would be back in allied hands. Morena was to assist in the retaking of Kaesong, providing support as needed, but the 13th had also been given a special assignment: the elimination of Belkan mercenaries currently employed by the enemy. The very same mercenaries that had taken on the 101st at Tiananmen. The DAF couldn’t allow a repeat showing.

Null and the others had gone airborne a few hours prior and had taken an extended flight path through Nonsan and then south towards an auxiliary airbase where they were refueled for the final leg of the journey. An aerial tanker had accompanied them so as to top off their tanks before crossing the point of no return. A line that was quickly approaching. As the allied ground forces marched on the city DAF planes would push ahead to establish air superiority, thus allowing the handful of bomber aircraft a chance to soften the enemy defenses before the inevitable clash. It was then only a matter of holding the airspace.

The flight had been uneventful, and though some pilots chatted amongst themselves Null had taken the time to reflect, thinking back to his discussion with Angel and Skull Kid a few days back. Regardless of whether they won or loss here today this war would no doubt continue. Until the enemy was absolutely defeated – or sued for peace, whichever came first – the DAF would continue with this one track goal until it was simply too costly to justify, though with the government drumming up support back home this conflict was likely to last to its bitter end. Both sides would fight like lions squabbling over a kill, arrogant and with teeth ready to sink into the other’s throat, and caught in the middle would be Seian, a country that had already suffered greatly because of this war. As for Null, well, war was all that he really knew. His life had been shaped by conflict. Shaped by the civil war that had claimed his family and by the war in South Sotoa six years ago. He was a soldier. It was his purpose to fight and to win, and though he did not question his orders he had since grown weary of this needless conflict.

Especially so after having watched those under him perish in battle.

A deep and somewhat accented voice came over the plane’s radio. The DAF AWACS assigned to the Seianese detachment. A veteran of the previous war who, supposedly, was active in Verusea.

<< Bannik: This is Lieutenant Traver of the Dorusian Air Force, callsign Bannik. I will be serving as your AWACS for the duration of this mission. I heard about you mercenaries. If the stories are true then I expect an easy time up here. >>

<< Reaver: I’m sure they won’t disappoint. >>

Null looked to his right and ahead. High above was the E-3 Sentry of Bannik, a far larger presence than Kokkuri had ever been (the SAF AWACS). Trailing behind and just under were the eight F-15C’s of Warrior, and leading were the three planes of Reaper. Further back were the B-52’s flying in a standard V formation. The aerial tankers had already turned off and RTB. The remaining DAF aircraft were spread out in a loose formation with Morena watching the rear, of which Null was taking point. Compared to the uniformed appeared of the DAF the mercenaries were a sore thumb.

<< Angel: Since when did we disappoint. >>

<< Reaver: Never, which is why you two were chosen for the job. Couldn’t have done better myself. Consider that a compliment. >>

<< Estoc: If this is success then I’d hate to see failure. >>

The aggressive tone of Warrior’s flight lead interjected rather rudely into the conversation. Though Warrior and Reaper both belonged to the 101st the two flights rarely got along, a divide that was further deepened when Graves (Reaver) was chosen over Emile (Estoc), the more veteran and arguably the better tactician of the two, as the squadron’s commander. Not to say that they allowed this rivalry to get between them and their coordination. They fought well together, but they would make it plain as day that there was some bad blood between them.

Truthfully, Null didn’t care much, but realistically he was not above enjoying the moment whenever his fight bested Warrior during a training exercise, which was often times the case.

<< Skull Kid: I’d like to see you do better. >>

<< Pugio: And do better we would. Emile would fly circles around your little errand boy. >>

<< Angel: Hey! >>

<< Reaver: Now now. Let’s not bicker amongst ourselves when the enemy is right there in front of us. Take it out on them if you must, or save it for later, I don’t care, but we got a job to do. Though, I must say, Seaver you really are one to talk given that brown nose of yours. >>

Seaver (Pugio) said nothing, at least, nothing over the comms.

The conversation, like many others, died away as they came close to the AO. Maybe it was a nervous tension, or a focusing of what was to come, but for a long moment it was silent until again the AWACS broke through the radio.

<< Bannik: We are approaching the area of operations. All aircraft are to support the ground and sea invasions without fail. Enemy reinforcements are expected to arrive from the northeast from Park Air Force Base, afterwhich the SAF will begin their own operation across the gulf. Do not allow any enemy aircraft to egress towards Ansan. >>

There a moment’s pause.

<< Bannik: All aircraft are free to engage. >>

<< Ally-G Commander: This is Commander Kavok of the Eighteenth Mechanized Battalion. I can hear your planes. The enemy stands between us and the city. We won’t back down. >>

<< Ally-N Commander: This is the Seianese Second Fleet, flagship Sapporo. We still owe you mercenaries from the last time. Visual has been confirmed of enemy surface vessels. They intend to fight as do we. >>

<< Reaver: Going feet wet. Emile, you handle the grunts. Let’s end this. >>

The three F-15’s of Reaver broke east alongside several DAF squadrons to assist in the naval landings, leaving Warrior to oversee the battle on the ground. Morena wasn’t confined to any one sector and thus split between the two fronts: Ghost and Spider would assist the Seianese Second Fleet while Scarecrow and Hangman cleared the skies over Kaesong. Currently the enemy could only field so many aircraft, a meager defensive unit using a small runway at some regional airstrip, but soon the bulk of their force would arrive. Best to take advantage now while the enemy was still weak.

<< This is Null to all aircraft. We are free to engage. Stick with your teammates and work together. No one goes down this time. We win here and the enemy goes packing. Let’s make it count. >>[/color]

And with that the battle began.

Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balkenreich
Senator

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Balkenreich » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:04 pm

Yuri "Vampire" Zubarev
<<Vampire here, good to be back in the air with you guys. Rejoining the formation In hangman.>> Vlad grunted in the back seat a Yuri guided the Tomcat into the position that he had chosen, the rear of the formation. <<[Bit rough there, Boss.]>> <<[Quit complaining and keep your eyes glued to the radar.]>> <<Talk to me, Nosferatu.>> Yuri wanted info and Vlad was ready to hand it out to the flight. Suddenly the alarm rang out. <<Heads up, Vamp. We've been spiked by enemy radar.>> <<[Roger that, hang on.]>> Yuri calming worked the foot pedals and the stick and threw his rather large fighter into a dive but straightens out once he felt for comfortable. <<Talk to me, Nos.>> <<Spike came from enemy aircraft, position is at angels 5, heading our way.>> <<How many?>> <<Two ship element. Probably has friends at higher altitude. Lets kill these guys and let the others feed on them.>>

Yuri pondered his next move as the next spike alarm came on. <<If that fucker was smart, he'd shot at us right n->>ME AND MY BIG MOUTH." Yuri called as the missile alarm came on. Violently twisting the F-14 and releasing countermeasures, the alarm went away. <<We need a visual! AWACS , requesting info on the element thats shooting at us.>>
Mattis/Puller 2020
I don't gotta prove shit
American, full of vinegar and out of fucks to give.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:06 am

Lt. Jason ‘Tombstone’ Cain
2ndLt. Holly ‘Fantasy’ Clark

“This is gonna be fun...”

Tombstone’s own thought likely coincided with everyone else’s who were already on the ground, or who would eventually be on the ground. The sarcasm was absolutely palpable.

Regardless, as Fantasy surveyed the AO with the LITENING, Tombstone made a choice. While the ‘burbs were holding the ground forces, and the Downtown was likely holding immediate reinforcements the beach was the biggest problem.

Amphibious landings were a bitch and a half to fight in. Pillboxes, artillery, machine gun nests, all the fucking ships and boats trying to cave your asshole in… It wouldn’t be fun for the swabbies or the marines… If Seian called them marines.

So the waterfront is where Hangman 2 would take it’s fight. Tombstone slightly adjusted course when Fantasy spoke up, “Lotta ground targets, not gonna go well if we go without a wingman.”

Tombstone slowed the throttle, and looked around at the rest of Hangman, he spotted a prime target, “Yo Knot, wanna help our swabbies by making a beach head?”

Tombstone really hoped the fighter gone Attacker pilot would come with, frigates and destroyers were worth quite the bounty.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:43 am

Katerina Volikov/Scarecrow-Five
Kaesong

This is it, Katerina. This is the field. Test whatever skills you have until now.

In hindsight, it was supposed to be able to encouraged her much. Of course, pretty much of it is not good enough for her. As Soko J-22 Orao of hers flew across the sky in the addition to provide CAS and SEAD, she should be able to be fine.

<<This is Scarecrow Five, Scarecrow Five heading in for CAS and SEAD, over.>>

To look over for the targets, downtown is definitely not the target she's looking for considering the expected resistance will be heavy and outnumbered. Vastly outnumbered, in fact, so she looked into WATERFRONT as it is probably the place where the allies and the enemies encountered together and with any luck, she can contributes. Asking permission if possible, firstly.

<<Scarecrow One, this is Scarecrow Five, heading to the WATERFRONT, over?>>
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Neadar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neadar » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:14 am

2nd Lt. Erika Mannock
2nd Lt. Harriet Atkinson

Erikas pulse started to quicken as the orders came through over the radio. "Well," she said tightening her fingers against the throttle, "you ready"?

"But of course," Harriet said over the internal comms, "do not worry dear, this will be just like the training back home". She checked the radar and spotted the enemy vessels. "Well no time to lose let get this over with and be back in time for tea and medal".

"Of course," she said taking a deep breath before switching to radio communications, "Ghost flight lead this is Ghost Four- One descending to approach altitude to begin attack run over". She tightened her grip on the stick and shoved her boot to the firewall. The Tornado rolled over to the left and she shoved the stick into a steep dive rapidly building up speed. The wings folded back to maximum retraction and suddenly the plane stopped shaking as the sonic boom erupted from their wake. Her ears popped as they dropped below 5,000 feet and she proceeded to level out the Tornado. Their speed dropped to just under Mach 0.95 and the instruments read 500 feet above sea level.

"Target 70 miles out," Harriet said over the come, " 1 minute to firing." She flicked over her weapon station selecting one of the Sea Eagles, "acquiring first target now. It looks like a bloody mess out there". She saw on the radar the friendly and enemy ships beginning to fire at one another. ASMs began to fill the sky and CIWS opened up sending the missile tumbling from the sky. No one was going to give an inch in this. "5, 4, 3, 2, in range," she said the missile gaining a lock on an enemy cruiser.

"Ghost flight lead this is Ghost Four- One, beginning are attack run now. Over," Erika pulled back on the throttle and dropped speed to Mach .89. She took a deep breath and the squeezed the black tip of her gloves finger against the trigger. The missile dropped from the aircraft 115 feet above the sea and then the engine ignited. The missile flew off towards the nearest frigate at just a hair over 10 feet above the ocean. "Missile away," she said as it flew off. She pulled the trigger again and the next missile rocked away. “Missile away”.

"Next target marked," Harriet said from behind her. It was a smaller cruiser.

Erika tightened her grip on the trigger, they had already closed the gap to just under 50 miles and were at present out pacing the missiles. The missile fell from the rack and splashed down into the water. "Misfire misfire," she said releasing the trigger and unconsciously pushing out the throttle.

"Slow us down to Mach .9," Harriet said as she keeping the target marked.

Erika slowed down to Mach .9 and was about to squeeze the trigger. The the warning light started flashing red and the siren started blaring.

"Lock, lock, lock," Harriet called over the comms, "break hard left".

Erika pulled up hard on the stick and pulled the throttle back reducing speed rapidly. She then hit the chaff and several pieces of foil were ejected from the back of the Tornado. She began to feel lightheaded and but kept the joystick held tight. She heard a splash as the came around.

"Get us out of here," Harriet said into her headset.

She straightened out and jammed the throttle all the way forward. The aircraft plowed forward bursting past the speed of sound once and then a few seconds later twice. She pressed against each of the pedals in turn to keep her weaving and avoid flying in a straight line. She didn't dare use the stick for anything too violent at this altitude. The alarm was still blaring into her ears. The Ships had begun opening up on them with their SAMs and they had to get out of there fast.
Last edited by Neadar on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse