NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Feast for Crows [OOC/Concluded]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

For the next Game of Thrones RP what time period would you like to see?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Century of Blood/Aegon's Conquest (OOC is already made)
45%
The First Blackfyre Rebellion
No votes
War of the Five Kings (reboot)
9%
Robert's Rebellion (reboot)
No votes
War of the Ninepenny Kings
No votes
The Dance of Dragons
18%
A Game of Thrones (Start at Jon Arryn's Death)
No votes
Year of the False Spring (Year before Robert's Rebellion)
9%
The Holy King (Baelor the Blessed's reign)
No votes
Other (Make a suggestion in a post)
18%

Total votes : 11

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

Argentumurbem wrote:
The Independent Hazerls wrote:I wouldn't think Euron would use all his ships for the landing. How many are you planning to use?

Mate you have already meta'ed knowing Euron and his destination (considering that no one knows he is back, that the Kingsmoot ended, and everyone still thinks the ironborn are fighting in the North). I think a massive defeat is in order for balance :p
(EDIT: And I'd honestly just use the fact that the ironborn would have been moving at the same time as the Tyrells so that the Shield Isles fell before certain reinforcements arrived, considering that most of the men and ships went from Kingslanding.)
Using the canon tactic the Redwyne ships will be destroyed as they flounder near the shallower waters of the Mander and the Shield longboats will simply be too small to stand up to the vast war vessels of the iron fleet. Then the garrisons (who may or may not sally forth) will be traumatised by the crushing defeat handed to them by the ironborn and in a brief and bloody series of sieges the Shield Isles will fall.

The Iron Fleet musters 100 warships but every major house can muster another 100 longships (which amounts to 500 longships) so 600 in total. Add to that 20k soldiers (well 18k minus those lost to the north)
Warg the Immortal wrote:Its not as though we need to make more, my shield scorchers already use it in regular battles, so they would have a reserve of it. And I looked on the wiki of ice and fire, and it said the Alchemists Guild are the only one in the Seven Kingdoms to know its recipe, didn't say anything about Essos

Asshai is the only Essosi city known to house pyromancers in any quantity and they are basically out-of-bounds. Its more the fact that you are a sellsword. Sellswords don't use wildfire as they simply do not have the infrastructure to do so. Take the Golden Company for example: 10k men at arguably their weakest point (post Step Stones) well respected, has the money (presumably, based on the wealth of its leaders) and yet doesn't field it. They have elephants and yet no access to wildfire. But as the OP has green lit it this argument became academic so I'll drop it.
The Valyria Empire wrote:Going by what I believed most houses reactions would be I've determined pretty much which houses will be on what side since Jon is helping rallying them.

Stannis and Jon-Umber, Reed, Mormont, Manderly, Hills Clans, Skagos, Cerywn, Flint of Widow's Watch

Neutral (Trying to recover from WOTFK and the Ironborn presence)-House Flint of Flint's Finger, House Glover, House Dustin, House Tallhart

Bolton-House Whitehill(plus all houses that are vassals of the Dreadfort), House Karstark, House Frey

Don't forget that Rickon is on Skagos with Osha. I bet once they hear word of Jon marching south they'll reveal him..

Just to clarify are these the public stances of the Houses or will some have to have work done?

Secondly, I am assuming that defeating the ironborn threat will win over Glover and Tallhart (since it is their keeps which are taken)?

Barbrey Dustin/Ryswell is very anti-Stark though, so would it be more amicable to have them pro-Bolton initially? Also what of Ryswell? (I'd assume in the same boat as Dustin, but more out of Lord Ryswell's desire to aid his daughter than love for Bolton)

(EDIT: Yeah, Rickon would probably arrive with the Skagos as I was just going to have Davos "pass the word" to Magnar then high tail it to White Harbour)

Yes to all of this. Also I gave them the five pots, and that's all they have. He can't make more.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Argentumurbem wrote:
Mate you have already meta'ed knowing Euron and his destination (considering that no one knows he is back, that the Kingsmoot ended, and everyone still thinks the ironborn are fighting in the North). I think a massive defeat is in order for balance :p
(EDIT: And I'd honestly just use the fact that the ironborn would have been moving at the same time as the Tyrells so that the Shield Isles fell before certain reinforcements arrived, considering that most of the men and ships went from Kingslanding.)
Using the canon tactic the Redwyne ships will be destroyed as they flounder near the shallower waters of the Mander and the Shield longboats will simply be too small to stand up to the vast war vessels of the iron fleet. Then the garrisons (who may or may not sally forth) will be traumatised by the crushing defeat handed to them by the ironborn and in a brief and bloody series of sieges the Shield Isles will fall.

The Iron Fleet musters 100 warships but every major house can muster another 100 longships (which amounts to 500 longships) so 600 in total. Add to that 20k soldiers (well 18k minus those lost to the north)

Asshai is the only Essosi city known to house pyromancers in any quantity and they are basically out-of-bounds. Its more the fact that you are a sellsword. Sellswords don't use wildfire as they simply do not have the infrastructure to do so. Take the Golden Company for example: 10k men at arguably their weakest point (post Step Stones) well respected, has the money (presumably, based on the wealth of its leaders) and yet doesn't field it. They have elephants and yet no access to wildfire. But as the OP has green lit it this argument became academic so I'll drop it.

Just to clarify are these the public stances of the Houses or will some have to have work done?

Secondly, I am assuming that defeating the ironborn threat will win over Glover and Tallhart (since it is their keeps which are taken)?

Barbrey Dustin/Ryswell is very anti-Stark though, so would it be more amicable to have them pro-Bolton initially? Also what of Ryswell? (I'd assume in the same boat as Dustin, but more out of Lord Ryswell's desire to aid his daughter than love for Bolton)

(EDIT: Yeah, Rickon would probably arrive with the Skagos as I was just going to have Davos "pass the word" to Magnar then high tail it to White Harbour)

Yes to all of this. Also I gave them the five pots, and that's all they have. He can't make more.

I'll just let the islands fall, I guess

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:43 pm

The Independent Hazerls wrote:And according to AWOIAF, the Iron Fleet is around 100 strong.
On the Shields I'll have 40 Redwyne ships, 40 local ships, and some Tyrell ships. So in total about 90 I'd say.
Plus we have the advantage that we are defending

That's just the Iron Fleet, there are other ships of the Iron Islands. So the reserve fleet will be destroyed and the Shields taken, however it's easy to take them back and the Iron Fleet will lose a few ships.

Also Warg the Immortal you only get five jars of wildfire, use them wisely.

Aight, but how large are these jars (preferably in litres or gallons) so I can know how much I have to use.

Also once Daenerys arrives in Westeros how likely would it be that the Alchemists guild would be willing to sell Wildfire to her forces?
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:That's just the Iron Fleet, there are other ships of the Iron Islands. So the reserve fleet will be destroyed and the Shields taken, however it's easy to take them back and the Iron Fleet will lose a few ships.

Also Warg the Immortal you only get five jars of wildfire, use them wisely.

Aight, but how large are these jars (preferably in litres or gallons) so I can know how much I have to use.

Also once Daenerys arrives in Westeros how likely would it be that the Alchemists guild would be willing to sell Wildfire to her forces?

Unlikely, they serve the crown only. She's more likely to set them off with Dragon fire honestly. (She doesn't know about them.) Also you got one gallon and four liters.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Aight, but how large are these jars (preferably in litres or gallons) so I can know how much I have to use.

Unlikely, they serve the crown only. She's more likely to set them off with Dragon fire honestly. (She doesn't know about them.) Also you got one gallon and four liters.

So when are you gonna make the Euron post?

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Aight, but how large are these jars (preferably in litres or gallons) so I can know how much I have to use.

So basically I got five milk-jugs-worth of green hellfire :lol: :twisted:
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:32 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Unlikely, they serve the crown only. She's more likely to set them off with Dragon fire honestly. (She doesn't know about them.) Also you got one gallon and four liters.

So basically I got five milk-jugs-worth of green hellfire :lol: :twisted:

Yup. Though once you use them, they're gone. Let's say that a Blackfyre supporter was exiled but was able to steal some jars before leaving King's Landing instead of you making them.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:So basically I got five milk-jugs-worth of green hellfire :lol: :twisted:

Yup. Though once you use them, they're gone. Let's say that a Blackfyre supporter was exiled but was able to steal some jars before leaving King's Landing instead of you making them.

The Independent Hazerls wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Unlikely, they serve the crown only. She's more likely to set them off with Dragon fire honestly. (She doesn't know about them.) Also you got one gallon and four liters.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:So basically I got five milk-jugs-worth of green hellfire :lol: :twisted:

I was gonna say an Alchemist acolyte in exile paid the Shield Scorchers with it in return for their service, some time before Daegon began searching for Daenerys

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:11 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Yup. Though once you use them, they're gone. Let's say that a Blackfyre supporter was exiled but was able to steal some jars before leaving King's Landing instead of you making them.

I was gonna say an Alchemist acolyte in exile paid the Shield Scorchers with it in return for their service, some time before Daegon began searching for Daenerys

That works better.

High Republic of Portugal
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby High Republic of Portugal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:12 pm

App:
Name: Rickard Voltano
Titles: Lord of the Volt and Voltano Plains
House: House Voltano
House Seat: Volt in the Voltano Plains (southern Reach, near Horn's Hill and the Dornish border)
House Sigil: https://s4.postimg.org/iwyizyo5p/Join_The_Realm_sigil.png
Allegiance paid to: House Tarly » House Tyrell » Iron Throne
Appearance (Picture appreciated):https://dvdbash.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/lost_henry_ian_cusick_desmond_hume_dvdbash_302.jpg
Personality: friendly, dislikes dornishmen, always open to learning, honorable, dutiful (soldier-style)
Skills: veteran and good field commander, capable swordsman
Weaponry (If any): sword and shield
Military Strength: Can muster up to 1,600 soldiers (keeps a professional and active force of 400)
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Rickard is the son of the former Lord Luthor Voltano, a good and loyal friend to Lord Randyll Tarly. Since a young age, Rickard and his younger brother Robert, were trained by their father in the arts of tactical warfare. At age 12, Rickard was sent to Horn Hill to serve his liege lord Tarly. Randyll teached Rickard furthermore in the tactics of warfare for years but with the breaking of Robert's Rebellion and the calling of the Reach's banners, Rickard was sent home back to his family while his father marched with Lord Randyll to war against the Stormlands. With the defeat of the Targaryens, Robert Baratheon rose to the Iron Throne and Rickard was sent as a hostage to Storm's End for a while. A few years later, he was returned home and led the Voltanos forces in King Robert's name during the Greyjoy's Rebellion. Rickard eventually created a standing army of a few hundred to protect his lands from pending threats.
RP Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=352731&p=25878374#p25878374 http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=351987&p=25855820#p25855820
Notes: -

House Name: House Voltano
House Words: Fire and Iron
Allegiance Paid to: House Tarly » House Tyrell » Iron Throne
House Seat: Volt in the Voltano Plains (southern Reach, near Horn's Hill and the Dornish border)
https://applesandwormholes.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/castle8.jpg
Approx Number of military at command: up to 1,600 (450 active; 400 of which professionals)
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please): House Voltano was born from marriage between a powerful local family of First Men (remained mostly untouched by the Andal invaders) in the Reach and a group of Valyrians exiled from Valyria itself a few centuries before the Doom. Eventually, House Voltano was annexed by the Gardeners peacefully and ended up mixing its bloodline with some minor Andal houses. The Voltanos were saddened by the Doom since they always hoped of visiting Valyria, the home of their ancestors. Some Voltanos, cousins of the main branch, adventured to the destroyed Valyria and were never heard from again.

During Aegon's Conquest, House Voltano wasn't summoned by their liege lords of House Gardener to join their army due to mistrust that they might betray the Gardeners for their kin of House Targaryen. After the Field of Fire, the Voltanos welcomed House Tyrell and House Targaryen's rule and were known to befriend several lower Targaryens and even Egg (later known as King Aegon V Targaryen). After some time, House Voltano became subjected to the rule of House Tarly and during Robert's Rebellion, the Voltanos summoned their forces under Lord Randyll and fought the Baratheons in favor of House Targaryen and the Mad King. After the war, they were pardoned and the Voltano heir, Rickard, was sent to Storm's End to act as page and hostage for two years.
Last edited by High Republic of Portugal on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:15 pm

High Republic of Portugal wrote:App:
Name: Rickard Voltano
Titles: Lord of the Volt and Voltano Plains
House: House Voltano
Allegiance paid to: House Tarly » House Tyrell » Iron Throne
Appearance (Picture appreciated):https://dvdbash.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/lost_henry_ian_cusick_desmond_hume_dvdbash_302.jpg
Personality: friendly, dislikes dornishmen, always open to learning, honorable, dutiful (soldier-style)
Skills: veteran and good field commander, capable swordsman
Weaponry (If any): sword and shield
Military Strength: Can muster up to 1,600 soldiers (keeps a professional and active force of 400)
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Rickard is the son of the former Lord Luthor Voltano, a good and loyal friend to Lord Randyll Tarly. Since a young age, Rickard and his younger brother Robert, were trained by their father in the arts of tactical warfare. At age 12, Rickard was sent to Horn Hill to serve his liege lord Tarly. Randyll teached Rickard furthermore in the tactics of warfare for years but with the breaking of Robert's Rebellion and the calling of the Reach's banners, Rickard was sent home back to his family while his father marched with Lord Randyll to war against the Stormlands. With the defeat of the Targaryens, Robert Baratheon rose to the Iron Throne and Rickard was sent as a hostage to Storm's End for a while. A few years later, he was returned home and led the Voltanos forces in King Robert's name during the Greyjoy's Rebellion. Rickard eventually created a standing army of a few hundred to protect his lands from pending threats.
RP Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=352731&p=25878374#p25878374 http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=351987&p=25855820#p25855820
Notes: -

House Name: House Voltano
House Words: Fire and Iron
Allegiance Paid to: House Tarly » House Tyrell » Iron Throne
https://applesandwormholes.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/castle8.jpg
Approx Number of military at command: up to 1,600 (450 active; 400 of which professionals)
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please): House Voltano was born from marriage between a powerful local family of First Men (remained mostly untouched by the Andal invaders) in the Reach and a group of Valyrians exiled from Valyria itself a few centuries before the Doom. Eventually, House Voltano was annexed by the Gardeners peacefully and ended up mixing its bloodline with some minor Andal houses. The Voltanos were saddened by the Doom since they always hoped of visiting Valyria, the home of their ancestors. Some Voltanos, cousins of the main branch, adventured to the destroyed Valyria and were never heard from again.

During Aegon's Conquest, House Voltano wasn't summoned by their liege lords of House Gardener to join their army due to mistrust that they might betray the Gardeners for their kin of House Targaryen. After the Field of Fire, the Voltanos welcomed House Tyrell and House Targaryen's rule and were known to befriend several lower Targaryens and even Egg (later known as King Aegon V Targaryen). After some time, House Voltano became subjected to the rule of House Tarly and during Robert's Rebellion, the Voltanos summoned their forces under Lord Randyll and fought the Baratheons in favor of House Targaryen and the Mad King. After the war, they were pardoned and the Voltano heir, Rickard, was sent to Storm's End to act as page and hostage for two years.

Accepted. Good stuff.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby High Republic of Portugal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Cheers.

Lord Hazerls, I'm at your command.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:21 pm

@Valyria, may want to update roster again

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:49 pm

I'll make it here in a second, however that post you just made is gonna have to be retconned. You're really meta gaming at this point.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:52 pm

I'll make it here in a second, however that post you just made is gonna have to be retconned. You're really meta gaming at this point.

Which one?

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:54 pm

High Republic of Portugal wrote:Cheers.

Lord Hazerls, I'm at your command.

Yay!
Brace yourself, Euron is coming.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby High Republic of Portugal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Your eastern borders are well protect, my fatty liege.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:56 pm

High Republic of Portugal wrote:Your eastern borders are well protect, my fatty liege.

Great stuff, my fatty vassal.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:57 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I'll make it here in a second, however that post you just made is gonna have to be retconned. You're really meta gaming at this point.

Which one?

That recent one where you sent ships to reinforce the river.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm

I am blockading the Mander because it seems reasonable that when the Shields are taken (and you have made it clear that they will be) part of the fleet will turn on Highgarden. I have no way of knowing for sure that in-RP Euron will do that, but it is highly likely and Willas wouldn't risk Highgarden.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:01 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I'll make it here in a second, however that post you just made is gonna have to be retconned. You're really meta gaming at this point.

I am blockading the Mander because it seems reasonable that when the Shields are taken (and you have made it clear that they will be) part of the fleet will turn on Highgarden. I have no way of knowing for sure that in-RP Euron will do that, but it is highly likely and Willas wouldn't risk Highgarden.

I'm not saying you can't block it, but block it after the Shields are taken as the Shields will be taken canon style.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:04 pm

The Independent Hazerls wrote:I am blockading the Mander because it seems reasonable that when the Shields are taken (and you have made it clear that they will be) part of the fleet will turn on Highgarden. I have no way of knowing for sure that in-RP Euron will do that, but it is highly likely and Willas wouldn't risk Highgarden.

I'm not saying you can't block it, but block it after the Shields are taken as the Shields will be taken canon style.

Oh so basically you need the Mander free for the in-series plan to work... sad but true. Got it.
But after you've taken the Shields, no more canon stuff pleasee.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:07 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I'm not saying you can't block it, but block it after the Shields are taken as the Shields will be taken canon style.

Oh so basically you need the Mander free for the in-series plan to work... sad but true. Got it.

Keep the post the same, however the ships won't reach the area in time till after the Shields are taken.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Keep the post the same, however the ships won't reach the area in time till after the Shields are taken.

I'll just re-do it once your Euron post is up.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse