NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Feast for Crows [OOC/Concluded]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

For the next Game of Thrones RP what time period would you like to see?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Century of Blood/Aegon's Conquest (OOC is already made)
45%
The First Blackfyre Rebellion
No votes
War of the Five Kings (reboot)
9%
Robert's Rebellion (reboot)
No votes
War of the Ninepenny Kings
No votes
The Dance of Dragons
18%
A Game of Thrones (Start at Jon Arryn's Death)
No votes
Year of the False Spring (Year before Robert's Rebellion)
9%
The Holy King (Baelor the Blessed's reign)
No votes
Other (Make a suggestion in a post)
18%

Total votes : 11

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:54 am

Argentumurbem wrote:I reject the notion that some sellsword knows the secrets to harnessing Wildfire. It is as far as we know known only to the Alchemist Guild (which is a dying institute) who protect it jealously and even with their great knowledge of the creation of the substance they can make only limited quantities (granted limited is all that is necessary). If Blackfyre somehow managed to get a hold of the recipe (however far removed that is) actually making it is another thing entirely: you will cause a fire in Meereen no question about that and even for the sake of argument some is created, you will literally have one or two jars available by the time the enemy approaches for battle and definitely not enough to really affect the battle.

OP: Would it be OK if you decide/roll to determine the responses from the Northern Houses? At the time of them being sent Wyman's son and the Lords Umber and Karstark will still be captives I believe, if that affects anything.

Its not as though we need to make more, my shield scorchers already use it in regular battles, so they would have a reserve of it. And I looked on the wiki of ice and fire, and it said the Alchemists Guild are the only one in the Seven Kingdoms to know its recipe, didn't say anything about Essos
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:11 am

Argentumurbem wrote:I reject the notion that some sellsword knows the secrets to harnessing Wildfire. It is as far as we know known only to the Alchemist Guild (which is a dying institute) who protect it jealously and even with their great knowledge of the creation of the substance they can make only limited quantities (granted limited is all that is necessary). If Blackfyre somehow managed to get a hold of the recipe (however far removed that is) actually making it is another thing entirely: you will cause a fire in Meereen no question about that and even for the sake of argument some is created, you will literally have one or two jars available by the time the enemy approaches for battle and definitely not enough to really affect the battle.

OP: Would it be OK if you decide/roll to determine the responses from the Northern Houses? At the time of them being sent Wyman's son and the Lords Umber and Karstark will still be captives I believe, if that affects anything.

Going by what I believed most houses reactions would be I've determined pretty much which houses will be on what side since Jon is helping rallying them.

Stannis and Jon-Umber, Reed, Mormont, Manderly, Hills Clans, Skagos, Cerywn, Flint of Widow's Watch

Neutral (Trying to recover from WOTFK and the Ironborn presence)-House Flint of Flint's Finger, House Glover, House Dustin, House Tallhart

Bolton-House Whitehill(plus all houses that are vassals of the Dreadfort), House Karstark, House Frey

Don't forget that Rickon is on Skagos with Osha. I bet once they hear word of Jon marching south they'll reveal him.

Also Warg the Immortal keep the wildfire stock low. That shit is OP, and I don't want you flinging it around every battle. You have a small stock saved for important battles.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:48 am

How many men would it take to hold the shield islands from Euron?

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:50 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:

Going by what I believed most houses reactions would be I've determined pretty much which houses will be on what side since Jon is helping rallying them.

Stannis and Jon-Umber, Reed, Mormont, Manderly, Hills Clans, Skagos, Cerywn, Flint of Widow's Watch

Neutral (Trying to recover from WOTFK and the Ironborn presence)-House Flint of Flint's Finger, House Glover, House Dustin, House Tallhart

Bolton-House Whitehill(plus all houses that are vassals of the Dreadfort), House Karstark, House Frey

Don't forget that Rickon is on Skagos with Osha. I bet once they hear word of Jon marching south they'll reveal him.

Also Warg the Immortal keep the wildfire stock low. That shit is OP, and I don't want you flinging it around every battle. You have a small stock saved for important battles.

Fine, but I'll def, be using in upcoming battle Daenerys has sent me on, 40,000 guys is gonna require some op firepower
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:How many men would it take to hold the shield islands from Euron?

Information

Considering the forces in place should be easy to take them. However hold off the posts, I'll be posting an event post today where the Shields are captured. From there you can go and retake them as is part of Euron's plan.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:17 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:How many men would it take to hold the shield islands from Euron?

Information

Considering the forces in place should be easy to take them. However hold off the posts, I'll be posting an event post today where the Shields are captured. From there you can go and retake them as is part of Euron's plan.

Wait... we're in non-canon by now, so we don't have to have Euron take the Shields, do we? I mean, in my posts I'm fortifying them

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:32 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Information

Wait... we're in non-canon by now, so we don't have to have Euron take the Shields, do we? I mean, in my posts I'm fortifying them

I highly doubt the ships that are in Blackwater Bay could reinforce the Shields before Euron arrives. Unless I read one of your posts wrong.

If that's the case then he'll attack a less fortified point.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:38 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:Wait... we're in non-canon by now, so we don't have to have Euron take the Shields, do we? I mean, in my posts I'm fortifying them

I highly doubt the ships that are in Blackwater Bay could reinforce the Shields before Euron arrives. Unless I read one of your posts wrong.

Apart from the ships, I have a lot of men guarding the Shields, the Arbor, and the reach' west coast.
The ships I am using were part of the reserve of the Redwyne fleet, not used at the blackwater.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:56 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:I highly doubt the ships that are in Blackwater Bay could reinforce the Shields before Euron arrives. Unless I read one of your posts wrong.

Apart from the ships, I have a lot of men guarding the Shields, the Arbor, and the reach' west coast.
The ships I am using were part of the reserve of the Redwyne fleet, not used at the blackwater.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but Euron's fleet is greatly higher than that reserve. Anyway, I'll be making a event post for Aegon, Euron, and probably the High Sparrow today.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:Apart from the ships, I have a lot of men guarding the Shields, the Arbor, and the reach' west coast.

Don't mean to burst your bubble but Euron's fleet is greatly higher than that reserve. Anyway, I'll be making a event post for Aegon, Euron, and probably the High Sparrow today.

Yeah I know but I can't do much about it, I have other plans as well, and ai'd rather Eruon didn't know them... 8)

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:04 am

And according to AWOIAF, the Iron Fleet is around 100 strong.
On the Shields I'll have 40 Redwyne ships, 40 local ships, and some Tyrell ships. So in total about 90 I'd say.
Plus we have the advantage that we are defending

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:24 am

Name: Aegon IV
House: Targaryen
Titles: King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.
House Seat: Dragon Stone
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: House Targaryen
Appearance: He is exceptionally handsome and has the Valyrian features of silver hair and purple eyes, the known Targaryen features, both of which are also present in his aunt Daenerys. Jon Connington notes that Aegon's eyes are a lighter shade of purple than Rhaegar's eyes had been.

Personality: Aegon has been shaped for rule before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid.

Skills: Aegon is well educated and intelligent, speaking several languages, and is well versed in history. He speaks the Common Tongue as a native speaker. He is fluent in High Valyrian, in the Bastard Valyrian dialects of Pentos, Tyrosh, Myr, and Lys, and in Trade Talk. He is a novice at speaking the dialect of Volantis, only familiar with a few of its words. The dialect of Meereen, whose terms derive from both Valyrian and Ghiscari, gives him trouble. He has some training in mathematics, with a decent knowledge of sums and a limited understanding of geometry. He also has been trained in songs. Tyrion notes that Aegon is more learned than "half the lords in Westeros".

Weaponry: Valyrian sword Blackfyre
Military Strength: 10,000

Biography:
RP Example:

Notes: (Please put here any ancillary characters you will likely play as, for example, Tywin Lannister would probably control Jaime, Hoster Tully would also control Brynden Tully, Rabert and Stannis etc etc. Keep in mind your ancillary characters can still be apped by other nations.)

House Name: The Golden Company

House Sigil:

House Words: beneath the gold, the bitter steal

Allegiance Paid to: whoever holds the contract

House Seat: none

Approx Number of military at command: 10,000

History of the House: The Golden Company was founded by Aegor Rivers, called "Bittersteel", a legitimized bastard of King Aegon IV Targaryen, after he fled Westeros with the younger sons of Daemon I Blackfyre at the end of the First Blackfyre Rebellion. When Aegor saw all the exiled lords and knights signing on with other sellsword companies, such as the Ragged Standard or the Maiden's Men, and saw the support of House Blackfyre ebbing away, he created his own sellsword company 212 AC. Since then they have fought mainly in the Disputed Lands.

The Golden Company's reputation was quickly established when Qohor refused to honor the contract it had made. The sellswords of the Golden Company sacked Qohor as an answer to Qohor's refusal.

The Golden Company is said to be made up of exiles and the sons of exiles. The Golden Company were once headed by Maelys the Monstrous, the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders. Daemon Blackfyre, a cousin to Maelys, fought him over command of the Golden Company. Maelys killed Daemon by twisting his head until it was torn from his shoulders. During the War of the Ninepenny Kings, Ser Barristan Selmy cut a bloody path though the Golden Company's ranks to slay Maelys in single combat.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:24 am

I will add sigil a later

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:44 am

Nasaira wrote:Name: Aegon IV
Titles: King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.
House Seat: Dragon Stone
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: House Targaryen
Appearance: He is exceptionally handsome and has the Valyrian features of silver hair and purple eyes, the known Targaryen features, both of which are also present in his aunt Daenerys. Jon Connington notes that Aegon's eyes are a lighter shade of purple than Rhaegar's eyes had been.

Personality: Aegon has been shaped for rule before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid.

Skills: Aegon is well educated and intelligent, speaking several languages, and is well versed in history. He speaks the Common Tongue as a native speaker. He is fluent in High Valyrian, in the Bastard Valyrian dialects of Pentos, Tyrosh, Myr, and Lys, and in Trade Talk. He is a novice at speaking the dialect of Volantis, only familiar with a few of its words. The dialect of Meereen, whose terms derive from both Valyrian and Ghiscari, gives him trouble. He has some training in mathematics, with a decent knowledge of sums and a limited understanding of geometry. He also has been trained in songs. Tyrion notes that Aegon is more learned than "half the lords in Westeros".

Weaponry: Valyrian sword Blackfyre
Military Strength: 10,000

Biography:
RP Example:

Notes: (Please put here any ancillary characters you will likely play as, for example, Tywin Lannister would probably control Jaime, Hoster Tully would also control Brynden Tully, Rabert and Stannis etc etc. Keep in mind your ancillary characters can still be apped by other nations.)

House Name: The Golden Company

House Sigil:

House Words: beneath the gold, the bitter steal

Allegiance Paid to: whoever holds the contract

House Seat: none

Approx Number of military at command: 10,000

History of the House: The Golden Company was founded by Aegor Rivers, called "Bittersteel", a legitimized bastard of King Aegon IV Targaryen, after he fled Westeros with the younger sons of Daemon I Blackfyre at the end of the First Blackfyre Rebellion. When Aegor saw all the exiled lords and knights signing on with other sellsword companies, such as the Ragged Standard or the Maiden's Men, and saw the support of House Blackfyre ebbing away, he created his own sellsword company 212 AC. Since then they have fought mainly in the Disputed Lands.

The Golden Company's reputation was quickly established when Qohor refused to honor the contract it had made. The sellswords of the Golden Company sacked Qohor as an answer to Qohor's refusal.

The Golden Company is said to be made up of exiles and the sons of exiles. The Golden Company were once headed by Maelys the Monstrous, the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders. Daemon Blackfyre, a cousin to Maelys, fought him over command of the Golden Company. Maelys killed Daemon by twisting his head until it was torn from his shoulders. During the War of the Ninepenny Kings, Ser Barristan Selmy cut a bloody path though the Golden Company's ranks to slay Maelys in single combat.

Accepted, fix a few of your spelling mistakes like "Steal" and you're fine. Also you don't want to control Varys, Jon Connington or Duck?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:49 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:And according to AWOIAF, the Iron Fleet is around 100 strong.
On the Shields I'll have 40 Redwyne ships, 40 local ships, and some Tyrell ships. So in total about 90 I'd say.

That's just the Iron Fleet, there are other ships of the Iron Islands. So the reserve fleet will be destroyed and the Shields taken, however it's easy to take them back and the Iron Fleet will lose a few ships.

Also Warg the Immortal you only get five jars of wildfire, use them wisely.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:14 am

I may want to take Varys as well

Great Eldaria
Diplomat

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Eldaria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 am

Will Dany be attending any smaler fighting pits, or should I make Jorah win one first, to then fight before her?

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:34 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:And according to AWOIAF, the Iron Fleet is around 100 strong.

That's just the Iron Fleet, there are other ships of the Iron Islands. So the reserve fleet will be destroyed and the Shields taken, however it's easy to take them back and the Iron Fleet will lose a few ships.

I wouldn't think all 90 ships would get destroyed, maybe like... 40 and the rest flee
But I also have land soldiers who can wait for Euron to land and then fight

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:04 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:That's just the Iron Fleet, there are other ships of the Iron Islands. So the reserve fleet will be destroyed and the Shields taken, however it's easy to take them back and the Iron Fleet will lose a few ships.

I wouldn't think all 90 ships would get destroyed, maybe like... 40 and the rest flee

Sounds good enough, but the Shields can't be reinforced that much. Taking the shields is only a small part of his plan.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:07 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:I wouldn't think all 90 ships would get destroyed, maybe like... 40 and the rest flee

Sounds good enough, but the Shields can't be reinforced that much. Taking the shields is only a small part of his plan.

I wouldn't think Euron would use all his ships for the landing. How many are you planning to use?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:09 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Sounds good enough, but the Shields can't be reinforced that much. Taking the shields is only a small part of his plan.

I wouldn't think Euron would use all his ships for the landing. How many are you planning to use?

All of them, then after the shields he splits his forces, sending Victarion with the Dragonhorn to Meeren.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:09 am

The Independent Hazerls wrote:I wouldn't think Euron would use all his ships for the landing. How many are you planning to use?

All of them, then after the shields he splits his forces, sending Victarion with the Dragonhorn to Meeren.

So all of them is... 200?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:18 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:All of them, then after the shields he splits his forces, sending Victarion with the Dragonhorn to Meeren.

So all of them is... 200?

I'd about 300ish something 286 or so.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:24 am

So who in the seven kingdoms would like to start a dialogue with Aegon?

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:31 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Sounds good enough, but the Shields can't be reinforced that much. Taking the shields is only a small part of his plan.

Mate you have already meta'ed knowing Euron and his destination (considering that no one knows he is back, that the Kingsmoot ended, and everyone still thinks the ironborn are fighting in the North). I think a massive defeat is in order for balance :p
(EDIT: And I'd honestly just use the fact that the ironborn would have been moving at the same time as the Tyrells so that the Shield Isles fell before certain reinforcements arrived, considering that most of the men and ships went from Kingslanding.)
Using the canon tactic the Redwyne ships will be destroyed as they flounder near the shallower waters of the Mander and the Shield longboats will simply be too small to stand up to the vast war vessels of the iron fleet. Then the garrisons (who may or may not sally forth) will be traumatised by the crushing defeat handed to them by the ironborn and in a brief and bloody series of sieges the Shield Isles will fall.

The Iron Fleet musters 100 warships but every major house can muster another 100 longships (which amounts to 500 longships) so 600 in total. Add to that 20k soldiers (well 18k minus those lost to the north)
Warg the Immortal wrote:Its not as though we need to make more, my shield scorchers already use it in regular battles, so they would have a reserve of it. And I looked on the wiki of ice and fire, and it said the Alchemists Guild are the only one in the Seven Kingdoms to know its recipe, didn't say anything about Essos

Asshai is the only Essosi city known to house pyromancers in any quantity and they are basically out-of-bounds. Its more the fact that you are a sellsword. Sellswords don't use wildfire as they simply do not have the infrastructure to do so. Take the Golden Company for example: 10k men at arguably their weakest point (post Step Stones) well respected, has the money (presumably, based on the wealth of its leaders) and yet doesn't field it. They have elephants and yet no access to wildfire. But as the OP has green lit it this argument became academic so I'll drop it.
The Valyria Empire wrote:Going by what I believed most houses reactions would be I've determined pretty much which houses will be on what side since Jon is helping rallying them.

Don't forget that Rickon is on Skagos with Osha. I bet once they hear word of Jon marching south they'll reveal him..

Just to clarify are these the public stances of the Houses or will some have to have work done?

Secondly, I am assuming that defeating the ironborn threat will win over Glover and Tallhart (since it is their keeps which are taken)?

Barbrey Dustin/Ryswell is very anti-Stark though, so would it be more amicable to have them pro-Bolton initially? Also what of Ryswell? (I'd assume in the same boat as Dustin, but more out of Lord Ryswell's desire to aid his daughter than love for Bolton)

(EDIT: Yeah, Rickon would probably arrive with the Skagos as I was just going to have Davos "pass the word" to Magnar then high tail it to White Harbour)
Last edited by Argentumurbem on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse