NATION

PASSWORD

Ace Combat: Broken Line (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Faction?

- Kingdom of Beiarusia
31%
- Federative Republic of Dorusia
31%
- Empire of Seian
38%

Total votes : 16

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Albertae wrote:So, Beiarusia. I understand the main concept is that you are hired by Dorusia as a mercenary in an air squadron. Then when I scrolled down I saw those groups of people.

1. Are those people like air "platoons" inside of the air squadron?

2. Am I allowed to just pick any of those groups at the bottom(Scarecrow, Hangman, Spider, Ghost)?

3. What is it that you get for upgrading from a say: Tier 1, Grumman F9-Cougar to a Mikoyan MiG-17?

I just wanted to say sorry in advance for my ignorance toward this and that I will later on into the RP(if accepted), do my own research, but for now I require the power of the mind that is Beiarusia's.

Edit: I just realized you quoted me. I think I will be playing with the fighters at the start, so I have a more agressive way of getting at things and then as time goes on I will transition to strike planes and when I reach the Tier 4s and 5s I think I'll start using Multi-roles.

1) The squadron is broken into four semi-independent flights that are typically based on aircraft. Scarecrow and Spider have planes capable of engaging both air and ground targets while Hangman and Ghost have acted primarily as an air superiority unit.

2) You can have a say, but if you don't choose you'll be assigned wherever works best.

3) Higher tier planes are more capable in engaging, wait for it, high tier planes. A MiG-9 is gonna have a bad day taking on an F-15. In general a plane is competitive against same tier, better against lower tier, and weak against higher tier. Using a low tier plane will save you money in the beginning in case you want to save up, but you would definitely be at a disadvantage against more advanced opponents.

I welcome all questions. Better you to ask questions than to go for it and need to fix something later.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Albertae wrote:So, Beiarusia. I understand the main concept is that you are hired by Dorusia as a mercenary in an air squadron. Then when I scrolled down I saw those groups of people.

1. Are those people like air "platoons" inside of the air squadron?

2. Am I allowed to just pick any of those groups at the bottom(Scarecrow, Hangman, Spider, Ghost)?

3. What is it that you get for upgrading from a say: Tier 1, Grumman F9-Cougar to a Mikoyan MiG-17?

I just wanted to say sorry in advance for my ignorance toward this and that I will later on into the RP(if accepted), do my own research, but for now I require the power of the mind that is Beiarusia's.

Edit: I just realized you quoted me. I think I will be playing with the fighters at the start, so I have a more agressive way of getting at things and then as time goes on I will transition to strike planes and when I reach the Tier 4s and 5s I think I'll start using Multi-roles.

1) The squadron is broken into four semi-independent flights that are typically based on aircraft. Scarecrow and Spider have planes capable of engaging both air and ground targets while Hangman and Ghost have acted primarily as an air superiority unit.

2) You can have a say, but if you don't choose you'll be assigned wherever works best.

3) Higher tier planes are more capable in engaging, wait for it, high tier planes. A MiG-9 is gonna have a bad day taking on an F-15. In general a plane is competitive against same tier, better against lower tier, and weak against higher tier. Using a low tier plane will save you money in the beginning in case you want to save up, but you would definitely be at a disadvantage against more advanced opponents.

I welcome all questions. Better you to ask questions than to go for it and need to fix something later.

Ok thanks.

Edit:

1. What is the difference between Fighters and Strikers?
Last edited by Albertae on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Albertae wrote:Ok thanks.

Edit:

Strike Aircraft are capable of engaging both ground targets and air targets. They just don't do either well...
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Albertae wrote:Ok thanks.

Edit:

Strike Aircraft are capable of engaging both ground targets and air targets. They just don't do either well...

Ah... Well then. I can pick one that is overall good at killing one category of things, but almost not good at killing two categories of things. I think I'll go with the one with better chances for one category of things.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Prosorusiya
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosorusiya » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:40 pm

So, awkward blathering Nona is awkward... really nice to write so dialogue for her again, even if it is an info dump.
AH Ossetia (1921-1989)

10th Anniversary: NS User Since 2012

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Name: Haymitch Vanderdørt
Nationality: Weilvakia
Age (18 at youngest): 22

Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3): O-1
Callsign: Trident

Appearance:
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 190 lbs.

Aircraft: Dassault Mirage V
Aircraft Appearance: Image
Emblem: Image
Funds 2.5 million remaining

Personality: Serious (mostly), Sarcastic at moments, quick thinker
Strengths: adapts well
Weaknesses: relies too much on statistics, can be too serious at sometimes.
Dislikes: Annoyances and disturbances, pushy people

Bio: His father a miner, his mother a nurse. He was born into a family that had little to offer, he worked hard in academics, he got into a good university. In all this he got interested in flying it was a way to get away from bad places. So he took flying lessons. After getting a bachelors in Aeronautical engineering he took a 3 years of flight training. From here he started looking into people that needed a flyer like him, he looked into mercanary groups and found what he wanted. So he began to work for the same place he works now. Nowadays he flies pretty well making great maneuvers and such in his plane, a Dassault Mirage V.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=376318&hilit=Survivors

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

*0-3 Ranks will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.
*Bio should be a paragraph minimum, but should give a decent overview of your character's life and b

Note: not done yet
Last edited by Duestchstien on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Albertae wrote:
Kassaran wrote:

Ah... Well then. I can pick one that is overall good at killing one category of things, but almost not good at killing two categories of things. I think I'll go with the one with better chances for one category of things.

I misspoke, Strike Aircraft are good at killing things still, but they don't get the benefits at doing so that other more specialized aircraft can. An F-16 can be considered a Strike aircraft to some degree with the limited ground engagement capabilities, the same goes to craft like Mirages which actually work well as either. In the end, Strike aircraft aren't as capable in one-on-one fights and require higher pilot skill and training to make up for less capable airframe designs or weapons' capabilities.

EDIT: Proso, we're not in the Barracks, we're outside of them. Just a quick edit to make, I'll be responding here in a little while if Relikai doesn't come online... :\
Last edited by Kassaran on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Albertae wrote:Ah... Well then. I can pick one that is overall good at killing one category of things, but almost not good at killing two categories of things. I think I'll go with the one with better chances for one category of things.

Multirole may not be the best at either but they're versatile, which could be useful depending on the situation, and some of the newer multirole planes are pretty good in general. But yes, Kass is correct.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Albertae wrote:Ah... Well then. I can pick one that is overall good at killing one category of things, but almost not good at killing two categories of things. I think I'll go with the one with better chances for one category of things.

Multirole may not be the best at either but they're versatile, which could be useful depending on the situation, and some of the newer multirole planes are pretty good in general. But yes, Kass is correct.

The mention of Multiroles made me think of the Rafale. Then I realized it wasn't on the craft list.

God the US air arsenal is old.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Anowa wrote:The mention of Multiroles made me think of the Rafale. Then I realized it wasn't on the craft list.

I knew I forgot something. The Rafale is supposed to be on the list.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Anowa wrote:The mention of Multiroles made me think of the Rafale. Then I realized it wasn't on the craft list.

... I'm now happy.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 pm

Albertae wrote:Finished.

Name: Anatoly Sokolov
Nationality: Yuktobania
Age (18 at youngest): 21

Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3): O-1
Callsign: Hangman

Appearance: He's an average height, blonde haired man with piercing blue eyes.
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 142

Aircraft: Yakovlev Yak-141 Freestyle
Aircraft Appearance:http://imgur.com/WLgDUIN
Emblem:http://imgur.com/Zxt31fn
Funds $1M

Personality: Anatoly is an introverted, devious young man who often leaves many in the dust wondering, why he is such a desolate person.
Strengths: He has a quick mind.
Weaknesses: He is often hard to work with.
Likes: He likes to deviate plans and spend time alone in green fields where he can look up at the sky and ponder things.
Dislikes: He severely dislikes animals having had bad experiences in his childhood that often make many think that is the cause for his introversion.

Bio:
Anatoly was born as the runt of the litter. He had four older brothers and two older sisters. He was never close to anyone in the family except for the family's pet dog. Much of his childhood, Anatoly spent alone with his dog, never wanting to be around his family or people. Family and the populace would think that he was autistic or something, but it wasn't that. Anatoly wasn't meant to be apart of his family. He didn't have their mindset, their goals, their future. He was often picked on for his introversion by losers and strayed away by popular kids. Everything in the middle would just ignore him.

At a young age Anatoly showed signs of great intelligence, but his family neglected him and at the age of 15 he runs away into the wilderness to find his own destiny. In the process, his only friend, the family dog dies when they are preyed upon by a pack of wolves. This is known by none except himself to be the cause of his unfriendliness and brashness to animals. In the summer of the next year however, he finds he can not survive in the wilderness alone and returns to civilization only to realize what has become of his town. It is burnt to a crisp and destroyed with no traces of which family or house belongs to him. Not that he really cares of course.

At this point in Anatoly's life he is for the first time clear in what he needs to do and pursues it by going to the main center of civilization in Yuktobania to study the flying of planes. This is a way for him to remember the good ol' days when he'd sit out on a makeshift bench with his dog looking at the beautiful bluish-white sky and the birds flapping around. Nowadays, Anatoly finds no salvation other than in flying in the skies and being free to his own goals.

RP Example:(If the bio isn't acceptable as an RP example, I will just give you one, because it's 10:02pm and I'm not sure I'm putting out my best work.)

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Albertae on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Political Compass:

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Also the Mig 23.

@Albertae; I always saw Cayenne as the banana republics and whatnot...

bloody hell, mate.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I knew I forgot something. The Rafale is supposed to be on the list.

Also the Mig 23.

Really? I'm just trying to be the Russian character.
My Political Compass:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 pm

Albertae wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Also the Mig 23.

Yuktobania is the USSR/Russia
Estovakia is the Belkans/Poland/Baltics
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Albertae wrote:

Yuktobania. That's this world's Russia.

MiG-27 is a Flogger variant, but looking into it their roles are a bit different. Fix will happen soon.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:13 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Yuktobania. That's this world's Russia.

Thank you.
My Political Compass:

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Albertae wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Yuktobania. That's this world's Russia.

Thank you.

Romny is the Ukraine while Crimea is Kaluga. That's mostly it for the Yuktobanian sphere though.

bloody hell, mate.

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:30 am

Kassaran wrote:
Albertae wrote:
Thank you.

Romny is the Ukraine while Crimea is Kaluga. That's mostly it for the Yuktobanian sphere though.

Cayenne is like... New Zealand or Puerto Rico something, I thought.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:31 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Romny is the Ukraine while Crimea is Kaluga. That's mostly it for the Yuktobanian sphere though.

Oh. Well my app is finished. I think that'll be acceptable.
My Political Compass:

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:40 am

Albertae wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Cayenne is like... New Zealand or Puerto Rico something, I thought.

O-3 at 21?
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:45 am

Kassaran wrote:Romny is the Ukraine while Crimea is Kaluga. That's mostly it for the Yuktobanian sphere though.

Yeh, i think Cayenne is New Zealand because on a map, they both look practically identical.
Yo, that's mad.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:49 am

SaintB wrote:
Albertae wrote:

O-3 at 21?

Black magic, obviously.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 am

Rupudska wrote:
SaintB wrote:O-3 at 21?

Black magic, obviously.

> Is 33
> Is only O-2.

This is some class-A advanced bullshittery goin' on right here.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:54 am

Rupudska wrote:
Black magic, obviously.

> Is 33
> Is only O-2.

This is some class-A advanced bullshittery goin' on right here.

I thought O-3 was the lower ranking??? Dear god.
My Political Compass:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse