NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC XI [closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Cerillium wrote::lol2: So much win.

One does not simply walk into Russia. :lol:

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:

Also, weird things about America: #312: you can leave the Shire and arrive in Mordor in 2hrs and 47 minutes provided the traffic stays light.
Last edited by Cerillium on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Cerillium wrote:Also, weird things about America: #312: you can leave the Shire and arrive in Mordor in 2hrs and 47 minutes provided the traffic stays light.

Ah-hah! That's what the ominous red flickering I see out of my windows is! I just figured, "Eh, New Jersey...". :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Also, weird things about America: #312: you can leave the Shire and arrive in Mordor in 2hrs and 47 minutes provided the traffic stays light.

Ah-hah! That's what the ominous red flickering I see out of my windows is! I just figured, "Eh, New Jersey...". :p

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and on the turnpike bind them,
In the Garden State where the Shadows lie.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:18 pm

Ugh... I should post later tonight. But my sleep schedule is so royally messed up... Going to sleep near 11 am and waking up at 7 pm. Forced myself back up but I feel so tired still.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:21 pm

I'll get a post up for Opa later tonight; have to update app first.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Highfort wrote:I'll get a post up for Opa later tonight; have to update app first.

*adds polish and windex as gift options for Opa*

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:

Well... no. One does not simply walk into Russia. Napoleon and Hitler both had to learn that the hard way. So it's accurate.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

Well... no. One does not simply walk into Russia. Napoleon and Hitler both had to learn that the hard way. So it's accurate.

Well you can walk in, you're just not welcome to stay. Also, your toys are not welcome. Stalin is jealous of expensive western toys.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Saleon wrote:
Saleon wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Astra Foriano

Character Gender: Female

Species: human

Appearance: Her hair glows with the orange of a fox. It is short, and only makes it to the bottom of her neck. Her eyes may seem to hold a lack of interest often, but she is always assessing her surroundings and making connections. She wears a set of glasses strewn across her face. Her face is clean-lined, as if inked fresh with the finest of writing utensils. She often wears a normal shirt and sweatshirt, with a set of jean pants.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Mistress of the light brigade

Primary Objective: To find her partner who had disappeared beyond all reason. Magical traces have correlates to magic long forgot which could jump worlds. Such magic is viewed as absolutely illegal for many reasons, including the fact that such magic is famously used to summon demons from other worlds.

Secondary Objectives: To hunt down and stop the use of magic in fashions which could be considered illegal. This is based off a set of rules set out by the wizard's council known as the Armistice of the Arcane. The Armistice is mostly a list of moral principles: "Magic may be used for individual goals as long as these goals would not cause damage to a collective. It may harm still harm another so long as they enter into a contract and so long. To the extent one can harm shall only be to the point of causing actual death, but is permissible if the person is already near-death, but not by fault of thy own. Of all knowledge, foreseen years beyond, magic shall never violate principles decided by the gods."

MUNDANE SKILLS
List Mundane skills here: Drawing, dancing, sleeping, marksmanship.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: hand-to-hand combat- 3
Ability 2 and Points Spent: deductive reasoning- 2
Ability 3 and Points Spent: magical knowledge- 2
Ability 4 and Points Spent: n/a

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
Ability 1: Light warp (spell)- A simple teleportation with limited use. The basics is that any surface that is shined on by the lantern can be phased on through.
Power Level: 3
Strengths: Allows her to move through nearly undetected. She can move through locked rooms
Weaknesses: The surface cannot be thicker than roughly three-quarters of a foot. The surface must be flat and opaque
Restrictions: can only be used while the lantern is lit.

Ability 2: Magical tracer (spell)-Can locate residual magic left over from spells using her lantern. More complex and carefully hidden spells can be more difficult to find
Power Level: 4
Strengths: Can find residual magics of most spells.
Weaknesses: Can't react to spells 2 higher than her power level, or if concealment is placed on a spell 1 power level higher. Does not work on white magic, as the lantern only reacts to other forms of magic.
Restrictions: Can only be used while the lantern is lit.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
  • Lantern of white- A magical lantern capable of illuminating the darkest areas. It works as a catalyst to each member of the light brigade, along with being what they call their powers from. The lantern can only be lit for roughly 10 minutes. After being depleted, the lantern naturally replenishes after 3 hours before being able to be used.
  • A fanciful pocket watch. It seemingly is a gift given to each member of the brigade to keep track of time while using the lantern. It may seem expensive, but the brigade isn't made of money (i.e.its a fake). They do the job.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training:
To be an active member of the Light Brigade, an acolyte is taught the ways of magic and the intricacies of the Lanterns of Light. The training is intensive, shaping one's mind, body, and resolve. Training can take upwards of ten years, and includes following other members during investigations, combat training, and extensive studies. Of the people who react to lanterns, only a handful are able to become investigators on the field.

Character Background/Biography:
The Light Brigade began as a non-governmental agency bent with regulating the supernatural. This was a modest business supported by a number of flamboyant entrepreneurs. It soon came to manage incidents involving all types of magic.

The Light Brigade has moved past the original founders. It has waxed and waned throughout the years and has long forgotten it's ways. The lanterns have existed due to the prevalence of the contraptions, yet the magical tomes which these are based have long been forgot. This has led to two separate classes of brigadiers: Seers and Tracers. Tracers exist as the detective types, who investigate magical incidents using the lantern, whereas Seers exist as the policeman types, who harness the power of a separate lantern which can spew powerful light able of disarming, dispelling, and binding others. Both tracers and seers are trained for combat situations. It is a wive's tale inside the group that Seers and Tracers were once one and the same, but the tomes that connected the two arts had been lost.

They followed a strict set of guidelines. These guidelines included that: "Members are not to give details of an investigation, they are not to go into the unknown without assistance, they are not to use their powers in ways which violate the Armistice, are to enact the principles of the Armistice, and are not to act in ways which slander the name of the Light Brigade." Anyone who violated these rules could face a range of punishments from being stripped of their rank, to purification, a process which was to "cure" members of evil impurities.

Astra started off as a normal schoolgirl until she came across a strange general store in her hometown in London. The place wasn't in good shape, with loose floorboards and dirtied glass showcase. The strip mall had mostly forgotten about the place, but that didn't stop it from having customers now and then. Inside was a number of knickknacks such as old lanterns, rings, small toys, and watches which seemed to be a focal point, making up the store counter. The vendor came out to help her only to see one of the old lanterns react to her glowing white as the stars in the sky. He seemed struck with awe for a second, before looking back at the girl and calling her forth. The old vendor had a smile to his face and asked her to follow him.

This was the point when she realized the place wasn't really a general store, but a small enclave to a group known as the Light Brigade. She was taken in and taught the ways of the Brigade. She was given training in hand-to-hand combat, she was given a watch to keep time, and a lantern of light. With time, her magic spoke for itself and she was partnered with a more experienced seer to balance her spontaneity and curiosity.

Astra had worked together with her seer for five years until one fateful day when her seer went off alone on a mission. The partner disappeared-- MIA, off the books off the grid-- without giving a warning or message to Astra. The lone tracer had little idea of what happened to her. With limited resources, inside of a small room, she found it to be related to magic similar to demonic summoning. The magic is beyond what should be capable, and sometimes known as "world jumping." Other tracers would have stopped upon there. It would be too dangerous to do so, and far too much for anyone, especially one alone. She didn't stop though, she didn't alert the proper authorities. The guidelines made explicitly clear to never enter "the unknown" without a partner.

She broke the guidelines and entered alone. The good news is she entered with a skilled fighting sense, but everyone seemed to be more skilled than the other. She walked out of that small room, and her eyes grew fuzzy. She blanked, oddly, and had no clue as to what happened

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: A secluded apartment with With nothing but the bare amenities.
Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=322985&p=24785805#p24785805

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Brief Description: A lone Mistress of the Light Brigade, her partner has disappeared without any warning, any messages, not even a change in mood. She could have told someone, but, in this instant, she took a leap into the unknown. That world is black and dark, but with only a lantern at her side and her wits, she enters...
How is this so far? is there anything I should change, revise, spellcheck, or would you consider this good?
edited this a bit. Is the objective/how she got there fine?

EDIT: brief description was altered to match the new description. The original was outdated and did not match the bio.
Last edited by Saleon on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Highfort wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Well you can walk in, you're just not welcome to stay. Also, your toys are not welcome. Stalin is jealous of expensive western toys.

Reminds me of that scene from "The Dictator" where he silently had someone sentenced to death for getting the toy from the cereal box before him.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Saleon wrote:edited this a bit. Is the objective/how she got there fine?

Astra had worked together with her seer for five years until one fateful day when her seer went off alone on a mission. The partner disappeared-- MIA, off the books off the grid-- without giving a warning or message to Astra. The lone tracer had little idea of what happened to her. With limited resources, she found it to be related to magic similar to demonic summoning. This is fine provided that's what is suspected. It wouldn't be how anyone gets to Galli, however, nor accurate.

The magic is beyond what should be capable, and sometimes known as "world jumping." Other tracers would have stopped upon there. It would be too dangerous to do so, and far too much for anyone, especially one alone. She didn't stop though, she didn't alert the proper authorities. The guidelines made explicitly clear to never enter "the unknown" without a partner. That's fine.

The gods on the other hand, also agreed to break their own guidelines. Nope. The other gods have no say when it comes to a Greater Being's actions. Chances are high that the gods governing this character's magic would be matched by the god PCs/NPCs wandering around the IC.

She broke the guidelines and entered alone. The good news is she entered with a skilled fighting sense, but everyone seemed to be more skilled than the other. That's fine.

The doors opened and from within the lobby she booked herself a room. She wasn't thinking, but at this point she needed to find her partner before she even tries to return. The place floods with magic, and only brief knowledge that her Seer was in their had given her hope. The longer it takes her to find the lost Seer, the more she loses hope. It is only due to a strong fortitude and will that she staves the course. Nope. Everyone enters the same way (unconscious) through roughly the same method (chandelier or telephone booth), with no knowledge of how they got there or what transpired while they traveled. Some may have been caught in limbo a very long time. Others may have had adventures between the time they left "home" and arrived on Galli.

An example of a new character arrival: viewtopic.php?p=27255884#p27255884

Gods are very defined in PL, with rules of engagement between pantheons. If she's using a pantheon from a known genre, please let me know.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Cerillium wrote:Could not resist the Greek.

Sleep well, Tilt.

:P

:D
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Saleon wrote:edited this a bit. Is the objective/how she got there fine?

Astra had worked together with her seer for five years until one fateful day when her seer went off alone on a mission. The partner disappeared-- MIA, off the books off the grid-- without giving a warning or message to Astra. The lone tracer had little idea of what happened to her. With limited resources, she found it to be related to magic similar to demonic summoning. This is fine provided that's what is suspected. It wouldn't be how anyone gets to Galli, however, nor accurate.

The magic is beyond what should be capable, and sometimes known as "world jumping." Other tracers would have stopped upon there. It would be too dangerous to do so, and far too much for anyone, especially one alone. She didn't stop though, she didn't alert the proper authorities. The guidelines made explicitly clear to never enter "the unknown" without a partner. That's fine.

The gods on the other hand, also agreed to break their own guidelines. Nope. The other gods have no say when it comes to a Greater Being's actions. Chances are high that the gods governing this character's magic would be matched by the god PCs/NPCs wandering around the IC.

She broke the guidelines and entered alone. The good news is she entered with a skilled fighting sense, but everyone seemed to be more skilled than the other. That's fine.

The doors opened and from within the lobby she booked herself a room. She wasn't thinking, but at this point she needed to find her partner before she even tries to return. The place floods with magic, and only brief knowledge that her Seer was in their had given her hope. The longer it takes her to find the lost Seer, the more she loses hope. It is only due to a strong fortitude and will that she staves the course. Nope. Everyone enters the same way (unconscious) through roughly the same method (chandelier or telephone booth), with no knowledge of how they got there or what transpired while they traveled. Some may have been caught in limbo a very long time. Others may have had adventures between the time they left "home" and arrived on Galli.

An example of a new character arrival: viewtopic.php?p=27255884#p27255884

Gods are very defined in PL, with rules of engagement between pantheons. If she's using a pantheon from a known genre, please let me know.
I updated it. I also expected that her partner definitely wouldn't have come to the apartments. At most, it was going to be a story of her sometimes traveling worlds to find her, while staying at the apartments.

These gods are, um, not from any known pantheon. I've created a set of gods before, but I'm not gonna force it. The gods aren't integral, I removed their influence in her story, so the only mention now is in the Armistice, in which they are more of a catalyst for having a code of sorts for magic use.

*crosses fingers and begins rubbing a rabbit's paw hoping the [urhttp://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=353987&p=27280450#p27280450]app[/url] is magically finished and ready for deployment.*

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Ugh... Stuck with a no-post bug. Just can't muster up anything tonight. Been feeling that way for a few days. Hope this doesn't go on for a while. Might be my sleep schedule that is messing with it or something.

Also, check Kale's app again. I updated her appearance description. I think it suits her better.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Family stuff today; will post tomorrow.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Monfrox wrote:

Four heads are weirder than one.

@Gio. I'm waiting for Swith to finish up part of our collab in order to solidify some history before posting for Thaddeus. She's pretty out of it today, but perhaps we'll get it done tomorrow. I apologize for the wait.

Saleon wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Character Gender: Female

Species: human

Appearance: Her hair glows with the orange of a fox. It is short, and only makes it to the bottom of her neck. Her eyes may seem to hold a lack of interest often, but she is always assessing her surroundings and making connections. She wears a set of glasses strewn across her face. Her face is clean-lined, as if inked fresh with the finest of writing utensils. She often wears a normal shirt and sweatshirt, with a set of jean pants.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Mistress of the light brigade

Primary Objective: To find her partner who had disappeared beyond all reason. Magical traces have correlates to magic long forgot which could jump worlds. Such magic is viewed as absolutely illegal for many reasons, including the fact that such magic is famously used to summon demons from other worlds.

Secondary Objectives: To hunt down and stop the use of magic in fashions which could be considered illegal. This is based off a set of rules set out by the wizard's council known as the Armistice of the Arcane. The Armistice is mostly a list of moral principles: "Magic may be used for individual goals as long as these goals would not cause damage to a collective. It may harm still harm another so long as they enter into a contract and so long. To the extent one can harm shall only be to the point of causing actual death, but is permissible if the person is already near-death, but not by fault of thy own. Of all knowledge, foreseen years beyond, magic shall never violate principles decided by the gods."

MUNDANE SKILLS
List Mundane skills here: Drawing, dancing, sleeping, marksmanship.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: hand-to-hand combat- 3
Ability 2 and Points Spent: deductive reasoning- 2
Ability 3 and Points Spent: magical knowledge- 2
Ability 4 and Points Spent: n/a

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
Ability 1: Light warp (spell)- A simple teleportation with limited use. The basics is that any surface that is shined on by the lantern can be phased on through.
Power Level: 3
Strengths: Allows her to move through nearly undetected. She can move through locked rooms
Weaknesses: The surface cannot be thicker than roughly three-quarters of a foot. The surface must be flat and opaque
Restrictions: can only be used while the lantern is lit.

Ability 2: Magical tracer (spell)-Can locate residual magic left over from spells using her lantern. More complex and carefully hidden spells can be more difficult to find
Power Level: 4
Strengths: Can find residual magics of most spells.
Weaknesses: Can't react to spells 2 higher than her power level, or if concealment is placed on a spell 1 power level higher. Does not work on white magic, as the lantern only reacts to other forms of magic.
Restrictions: Can only be used while the lantern is lit.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
  • Lantern of white- A magical lantern capable of illuminating the darkest areas. It works as a catalyst to each member of the light brigade, along with being what they call their powers from. The lantern can only be lit for roughly 10 minutes. After being depleted, the lantern naturally replenishes after 3 hours before being able to be used.
  • A fanciful pocket watch. It seemingly is a gift given to each member of the brigade to keep track of time while using the lantern. It may seem expensive, but the brigade isn't made of money (i.e.its a fake). They do the job.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training:
To be an active member of the Light Brigade, an acolyte is taught the ways of magic and the intricacies of the Lanterns of Light. The training is intensive, shaping one's mind, body, and resolve. Training can take upwards of ten years, and includes following other members during investigations, combat training, and extensive studies. Of the people who react to lanterns, only a handful are able to become investigators on the field.

Character Background/Biography:
The Light Brigade began as a non-governmental agency bent with regulating the supernatural. This was a modest business supported by a number of flamboyant entrepreneurs. It soon came to manage incidents involving all types of magic.

The Light Brigade has moved past the original founders. It has waxed and waned throughout the years and has long forgotten it's ways. The lanterns have existed due to the prevalence of the contraptions, yet the magical tomes which these are based have long been forgot. This has led to two separate classes of brigadiers: Seers and Tracers. Tracers exist as the detective types, who investigate magical incidents using the lantern, whereas Seers exist as the policeman types, who harness the power of a separate lantern which can spew powerful light able of disarming, dispelling, and binding others. Both tracers and seers are trained for combat situations. It is a wive's tale inside the group that Seers and Tracers were once one and the same, but the tomes that connected the two arts had been lost.

They followed a strict set of guidelines. These guidelines included that: "Members are not to give details of an investigation, they are not to go into the unknown without assistance, they are not to use their powers in ways which violate the Armistice, are to enact the principles of the Armistice, and are not to act in ways which slander the name of the Light Brigade." Anyone who violated these rules could face a range of punishments from being stripped of their rank, to purification, a process which was to "cure" members of evil impurities.

Astra started off as a normal schoolgirl until she came across a strange general store in her hometown in London. The place wasn't in good shape, with loose floorboards and dirtied glass showcase. The strip mall had mostly forgotten about the place, but that didn't stop it from having customers now and then. Inside was a number of knickknacks such as old lanterns, rings, small toys, and watches which seemed to be a focal point, making up the store counter. The vendor came out to help her only to see one of the old lanterns react to her glowing white as the stars in the sky. He seemed struck with awe for a second, before looking back at the girl and calling her forth. The old vendor had a smile to his face and asked her to follow him.

This was the point when she realized the place wasn't really a general store, but a small enclave to a group known as the Light Brigade. She was taken in and taught the ways of the Brigade. She was given training in hand-to-hand combat, she was given a watch to keep time, and a lantern of light. With time, her magic spoke for itself and she was partnered with a more experienced seer to balance her spontaneity and curiosity.

Astra had worked together with her seer for five years until one fateful day when her seer went off alone on a mission. The partner disappeared-- MIA, off the books off the grid-- without giving a warning or message to Astra. The lone tracer had little idea of what happened to her. With limited resources, inside of a small room, she found it to be related to magic similar to demonic summoning. The magic is beyond what should be capable, and sometimes known as "world jumping." Other tracers would have stopped upon there. It would be too dangerous to do so, and far too much for anyone, especially one alone. She didn't stop though, she didn't alert the proper authorities. The guidelines made explicitly clear to never enter "the unknown" without a partner.

She broke the guidelines and entered alone. The good news is she entered with a skilled fighting sense, but everyone seemed to be more skilled than the other. She walked out of that small room, and her eyes grew fuzzy. She blanked, oddly, and had no clue as to what happened

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: A secluded apartment with With nothing but the bare amenities.
Link to RP examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=322985&p=24785805#p24785805

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Brief Description: A lone Mistress of the Light Brigade, her partner has disappeared from within the confines of a massive array of hallways and unending mysteries of Demen's Apartments. With only a lantern at her side and her wits, she enters --despite the guidelines laid out by the Light Brigade-- to find her missing partner before it may be too late...

Approved. I'll work her in shortly.

@ALL. It will take a while for your tabs/characters to show up on the first page. Swith does the coding for them and tends the info boxes but, due to her injury, she's unable to accomplish much at the moment.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 pm

@Swith:

Update list when you can.

Apartment List

Code: Select all
Basement:
    Nikanor Family ( Bomb Shelter - door to stairwell is off main lobby)
    Chaos Quarters (door to stairwell off main lobby)
    Rodney Bodkins (utility corridor, access via back of Building)
    Neste and FUBAR (utility corridor)
    Am  (utility corridor)

Deader: on 1st somewhere

2A NVE's old appartment
    2B Bones & Co [size=5](Bones)[/size]
    2C Marcus Usseio (Naomi's old apartment) [size=5](Swith)[/size]
    2D Giovenith [size=5](Gio)[/size]
    2E Dora, Luce, Chrys, Dia [size=5](Tilt)[/size]
    2F Katya and Torii Dimitrov [size=5](Torsi)[/size]
    2G Cuisine and MB [size=5](Tilt)[/size]
    2H Volturius and Calista of Usseio aka Tipper.[size=5](Warpspace, Swith)[/size]
    2J Deuce [size=5](Cer)[/size]

3A Luxan Quarters (Primordial, Insidious, Aegis)
    3B Kei [size=5](Bran)[/size]
    3C Thriller Family [size=5](GT)[/size]
    3D Thriller's old room
    3E Dan Foster [size=5](Min)[/size]
    3F Stephen
    3G Sapphire Thriller, Vitellius Barox [size=5](GT)[/size]
    3H Superbia/Blythe [size=5](GT, Swith)[/size]
    3J Lucius Lupus/Xanthe[size=5](GT, Swith)[/size]

4A Hanselmann "Hans" Fleischer-Schaefer and Chrys
    4B Ocho Hobart Ono and Nila Trilb [size=5](Cer, Swith)[/size]
    4C Wren Usseio[size=5](Swith)[/size]
    4D Jonathan and Caroline Davenport [size=5](NVE,Swith)[/size]
    4E Myra Bones [size=5](Swith)[/size]
    4F Mezran, Son of Jag'oth, of the House of StoH'raQ [size=5](Min)[/size]
    4G Opa Two [size=5](Agy)[/size]
    4H Yuna and Drova [size=5](Bran)[/size]
    4J Septimus Itum and Neste Trilb[size=5](Agy, Swith)[/size]

(HOSPITAL occupies 5th floor.)

6A Velocidoctor [size=5](NVE)[/size]
    6B Toscha Inakov [size=5](Bran)[/size]
    6C Sandy and Amanda Bela [size=5](Slo)[/size]
    6D General Romulus Aphrodisiac [size=5](Ched)[/size]
    6E Flint [size=5](Mon)[/size]
    6F CA-11E (Callie) [size=5](Bran)[/size]
    6G Cinnamon Brittney Thompson [size=5](Mon)[/size]
    6H Macy  [size=5](Storm)[/size]
    6J Adrasta Karenis [size=5](Chermara)[/size]

7A Catrain Arkay [size=5](Zark)[/size]
    7B Nick [size=5](Fvaar)[/size]
    7C Chernaya "Shadow" Varona, Sinyaya Ptitsa [size=5](Mon)[/size]
    7D Tsu [size=5](Tsu)[/size]
    7E Elka Kazatimiru [size=5](TNEL)[/size]
    7F Kale Merilin [size=5](Carly)[/size]
    7G Crysal Iracuse  [size=5](TNEL)[/size]
    7H Jasmin [size=5](Torsi)[/size]
    7J Adrisal Iracuse [size=5](TNEL)[/size]

8A Guild House
    8B Hunter Evans [size=5](Min)[/size]
    8C Something mysterious.
    8D Raptor House
    8E Astra Foriano [size=5](Saleon)[/size]
    8F Enali Archdreamer [size=5](IJ)[/size]
    8G Brit [size=5](Mon)[/size]
    8H Maximum Security XXIII [size=5](GT)[/size]
    8J Kelly Regina [size=5](Mon)[/size]

9A Rmwtyliin Fvvarniimalasaakuuliia [size=5](Fvaar)[/size]
    9B Maghrl’laundersando’tamil’reumaur [size=5](NA)[/size]
    9C Kwa'a Bhewehg [size=5](Fvaar)[/size]
    9D Sozewe Oumech [size=5](Torsi)[/size]
    9E Nikolai-Pietr Firsov [size=5](Min)[/size]
    9F vacant
    9G Gefrei de Bataille [size=5](Warp)[/size]
    9H Colonel Fluffy [size=5](Min)[/size]
    9J vacant

10A vacant
    10B vacant
    10C vacant
    10D vacant
    10E vacant
    10F vacant
    10G vacant
    10H vacant
    10J Reserved

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Cerillium wrote:@ALL. It will take a while for your tabs/characters to show up on the first page. Swith does the coding for them and tends the info boxes but, due to her injury, she's unable to accomplish much at the moment.

Who all is new? IJ, NA and Saleon?
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cerillium wrote:@ALL. It will take a while for your tabs/characters to show up on the first page. Swith does the coding for them and tends the info boxes but, due to her injury, she's unable to accomplish much at the moment.

Who all is new? IJ, NA and Saleon?

Also Torsi's new one, and Agy's Opa Two. I haven't seen an Adrasta post from Chermara in a while. Don't know if she's sticking around. Zark's Catrain has also vanished. Storm's Macy has disappeared.

GT has a metric crapton of characters but none of them are played. I haven't had time to inquire if he's still in the game.

Unrelated: FUBAR might gather machine/cyborg Residents into a conclave to give them equal voice among the magic users, healers, soldiers etc.

UNRELATED:

The 2015 P2TM Awards nomination period is coming to an end. If any of you would like me to nominate your stuff (from PL or other RP), make your voice known here. I already have some categories filled (romance, action etc) but others are still open.

Details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=362678

Here's what we're looking for:

CATEGORY: Roleplayer
This category reflects the roleplayer, not the role play game. You may not nominate yourself.

Best Role Player By Genre
You must include a link to applicable examples to support your nomination.
  • Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:

Best Worldbuilder: (link example/s)
Best OP/GM: (link RP/s)
Most Involved in P2TM: (describe)
Funniest RP'er: (describe)
Most Improved RP'er: (describe)
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award): (link examples)

CATEGORY: Roleplay
This is for the the actual Role Play Game. You may link your own games. All nominations must have a link to both the IC and OOC threads.

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:
Best Lore/Worldbuilding RP:
Best RP Series:
Most Creative or Original RP Idea:
Best OOC Thread: (Requirements: opening post/s should be informative, explain the game and setting, kept up to date, nicely formatted, etc)

CATEGORY: Character
Most Fleshed-Out/Rounded Character: (Link to applicable examples, Character Sheets etc)
Funniest Character: (Links or explain why)
Most Original Character: (Character Sheet or other details supporting this)
Best Character Death: (IC Post Link/s)

CATEGORY: Scene
A scene is a part of a story, a glimpse into that story which takes places in the same immediate setting. Scenes take place as players post. You can have as few as two players contributing; it can be as short as 2 posts, or as many as 20. Please note: one-liner banter (as commonly found in F7) does not qualify. Sorry. Links to actual posts are required here.
Best Action or "Fight or Flight" Scene:
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Heartwarming/Tear-Jerker Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

CATEGORY: Single Post
Nominations must contain links to the actual post.
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

CATEGORY: Collaborated Post
A collaborated posts is one done by two or more players using Google Docs or TG or other features. Collaborated posts are normally posted by a single player but credit all authors. Collaborate posts should flow smoothly as a solid piece of work rather than disjointed one-liners thrown together. Nominations must contain links to the actual post.
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Down but not out due to current military and medical events.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Torsi - Sozewe
Agy - Opa Two

[b][url=http://i.imgur.com/IKijear.png]Sozewe Oumech[/url][/b]

Sozewe, a cybernetic Sith Warrior obsessed with increasing his own power and finding eternal life, Sozewe is dedicated in his search. Despite his insane obsession and brutality as a Sith, Sozewe also still has some moral compass...[post=27147939]details[/post]

[b][url=http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptrobots/2013/mandryk/mandryk_03.jpg]Alpha Six-Three-B Outer-Patrol-A-Two ("Opa Two")[/url][/b]

A riot squad droid serving on a dust world, Opa Two knows only combat and is primarily interested in returning to Falkoss-IV and to his operator....[post=27275561]details[/post]

[floatleft][spoiler=NA][tab=20][/tab]

[b][url=http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/Jacob_Humphrey/ponyWithBackground-1.png]Sterling Venture[/url][/b]
A unicorn pony born and raised in Canterlot. He specializes in levitation magic and his talent...[post=27094638]details[/post]

[b][url=http://erebos26.tumblr.com/image/95396193273]Maghrl’laundersando’tamil’reumaur[/url][/b] (Maghrl)
A Squib Jedi Knight, obsessed with robotics, junk, and mechanical creations.... [post=27088305]details[/post][/spoiler][/floatleft]

[floatleft][spoiler=IJ][tab=20][/tab]

[b][url=http://i.imgur.com/wgPf1Qc.png?1]Enali[/url] [url=http://i.imgur.com/rS4zu7C.jpg]Archdreamer[/url][/b]
A young Dark Elf that has set out to make a name for herself. She'll readily take a variety of dependable adventurer jobs, or any well paying job under the table....[post=27163706]details[/post][/spoiler][/floatleft]

[floatleft][spoiler=Saleon][tab=20][/tab]

[b][url=https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOYm6u92DNFVLOURQKDsKWPiYCGxb-4OtDpN8daa8GKXE-Jz0NLQ]Astra Foriano[/url][/b]
A lone Mistress of the Light Brigade, her partner has disappeared without any warning, any messages, not even a change in mood. She could have told someone, but, in this instant, she took a leap into the unknown. That world is black and dark, but with only a lantern at her side and her wits, she enters...[post=27239187]details[/post][/spoiler][/floatleft]

Last edited by Tiltjuice on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Torsi - Sozewe
Agy - Opa Two

[b][url=http://i.imgur.com/IKijear.png]Sozewe Oumech[/url][/b]

Sozewe, a cybernetic Sith Warrior obsessed with increasing his own power and finding eternal life, Sozewe is dedicated in his search. Despite his insane obsession and brutality as a Sith, Sozewe also still has some moral compass...[post=27147939]details[/post]

[b][url=http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/conceptrobots/2013/mandryk/mandryk_03.jpg]Alpha Six-Three-B Outer-Patrol-A-Two ("Opa Two")[/url][/b]

A riot squad droid serving on a dust world, Opa Two knows only combat and is primarily interested in returning to Falkoss-IV and to his operator....[post=27275561]details[/post]

[floatleft][spoiler=NA][tab=20][/tab]

[b][url=http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/Jacob_Humphrey/ponyWithBackground-1.png]Sterling Venture[/url][/b]
A unicorn pony born and raised in Canterlot. He specializes in levitation magic and his talent...[post=27094638]details[/post]

[b][url=http://erebos26.tumblr.com/image/95396193273]Maghrl’laundersando’tamil’reumaur[/url][/b] (Maghrl)
A Squib Jedi Knight, obsessed with robotics, junk, and mechanical creations.... [post=27088305]details[/post][/spoiler][/floatleft]

[floatleft][spoiler=IJ][tab=20][/tab]

[b][url=http://i.imgur.com/wgPf1Qc.png?1]Enali[/url] [url=http://i.imgur.com/rS4zu7C.jpg]Archdreamer[/url][/b]
A young Dark Elf that has set out to make a name for herself. She'll readily take a variety of dependable adventurer jobs, or any well paying job under the table....[post=27163706]details[/post][/spoiler][/floatleft]

[floatleft][spoiler=Saleon][tab=20][/tab]

[b][url=https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOYm6u92DNFVLOURQKDsKWPiYCGxb-4OtDpN8daa8GKXE-Jz0NLQ]Astra Foriano[/url][/b]
A lone Mistress of the Light Brigade, her partner has disappeared from within the massive hallways and unending mysteries of Demen's Apartment. With only a lantern at her side and her wits, she enters --despite the guidelines-- to find her missing partner before it may be too late...[post=27239187]details[/post][/spoiler][/floatleft]

oh frick... Can I actually change the excerpt? I forgot to change that after revising it a bit more. She is in an unknown dimension, rather than demen's... I hope it isn't much of a problem...

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Might just have to write a one-shot about Bran's parents dying. Marcus' backstory felt like an inspiration (Might start a series of one-shots from my characters' childhoods)

:p
Last edited by The BranRiech on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse