NATION

PASSWORD

Ace Combat: Broken Line (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Faction?

- Kingdom of Beiarusia
31%
- Federative Republic of Dorusia
31%
- Empire of Seian
38%

Total votes : 16

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:25 am

Rupudska wrote:
Relikai wrote:
Your first 2016 present would be my edits?

Yes please.

Meh, has already been done
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:03 am

I'll post whenever I get to a computer.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:14 am

SaintB wrote:I'll post whenever I get to a computer.

No rush.

Also, I don't why but completely forgot about your Accepting your App. Added to Roster.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Posted, let me know if any of it needs to be changed up.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:59 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:...just throwing a bunch of hired guns into the fire so they didn't start a war themselves while still reaping the rewards that came with violent action.

Summed up their purpose pretty nicely. I like it. Expect the briefing later today.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:22 pm

I will be posting later today as well. Got pulled into a game of Civ...
:\
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Kassaran wrote:I will be posting later today as well. Got pulled into a game of Civ...
:\

No problem. Was gonna try to give the remainder a chance to post their introduction before moving ahead.

Watch out for Ghandi.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Just realized something, does anybody in this squadron drink coffee any other way than black?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Tayner wrote:Just realized something, does anybody in this squadron drink coffee any other way than black?

Does not drinking coffee at all count?
Yo, that's mad.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Tayner wrote:Just realized something, does anybody in this squadron drink coffee any other way than black?

No. But whenever someone says they are drinking coffee in the IC, they always say it is black.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:48 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ubaria wrote:

No. But whenever someone says they are drinking coffee in the IC, they always say it is black.

I can't drink coffee black in real life so I doubt I would put my character through that torture.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:No. But whenever someone says they are drinking coffee in the IC, they always say it is black.

I can't drink coffee black in real life so I doubt I would put my character through that torture.

I don't drink coffee in real life. I drink Mountain Dew.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:No. But whenever someone says they are drinking coffee in the IC, they always say it is black.

I only drink coffee to wake up and black is the best way to do that.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I can't drink coffee black in real life so I doubt I would put my character through that torture.

I only drink coffee to wake up and black is the best way to do that.

Coffee actually doesn't help me wake up. If anything I feel more tired. Coke/Pepsi, on the other hand, works.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:11 pm

I hate Coffee.
And Tea.
Surprisingly as a Brit.
Yo, that's mad.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Name: Yuri Zubarev
Nationality: Estovakian Expat/Belkan
Age (18 at youngest): 28

Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3):0-3
Callsign:Vampire

Appearance: Pale Blue eyes, Small scars on face, Shaved head..
Height: 5'11
Weight:210 lbs

Aircraft: F-4 Phantom II
Aircraft Appearance: Grey Color scheme
Emblem: Dulled out Belkan air force insignia
Funds: None

Personality: Cold, weary and withdrawn.
Strengths: Experienced, Athletic.
Weaknesses: Unsympathetic to civilians.
Dislikes: Estovakia, Yukotobania, Civilians.

Bio: Born in Estovakia, Yuri is the son of a Immigrant father and a poor mother who was later exiled from his homeland due to a accident that he wishes to NEVER talk about. After the fighting in South Sotoa ended; he disappeared, wishing to leave the war behind him for good. Unable to return to his Native Estovakia, Yuri moved to his fathers homeland of Belka and broke off all ties to Anea. Wishing to fly for his new home, he enlisted in the Belkan air force and kept a low profile and was often stationed not far from a mountain range near the southern Border. Before long, Yuri resigned from the Belkan Air force and contracted himself out as a mercenary, taking up his former callsign but foregoing any thought that he would be "the good guy" in any sort of war. A good pilot but not without his demons, Yuri knows he started down a path of no return and he knows that this will eventually get him killed.

RP Example: Coming soon

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by The balkens on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:09 pm

The balkens wrote:...

1) Would an O-2 Rank be good? Need more Lieutenants.
2) You should still have some funds. $2.6 million.
That's all I have to point out.

Launfal
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Launfal » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Name: Alexander Rudolf
Nationality: Cayennian
Age (18 at youngest): 25

Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3): O-1
Callsign: Fenrir

Appearance:
Alexander is slim but well-built albino man. He has white hair, beard and grey eyes. He has good eye sight despite his albinism. He sometimes complains of Nystagmus -involuntarily eye movement- especially when he is under extreme pressure or nervousness. This has subsided with him growing up. He tries to hide it from all these around him.

Height: 181 cm (5 feet 11.7 inches)
Weight: 78 Kg (171.96 lbs)

Aircraft:McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II

Aircraft Appearance:

Emblem:

Funds 1M$

Personality: Passive, cold and a master of hiding his feelings and emotions. Very few people claim that they knew him and even fewer people swear that they really do. No one can know for sure what is inside his head. He is very formal and conservative with his dealings with others. While most people say that you can get more response from an ice cube machine, people very close to him -his mother, some of his family and his only four friends- insists that you can feel the warmth of his soul but only if he allows it. Nonetheless, he isn't arrogant and treats other people decently enough. To earn his respect however is another matter entirely. In the remote chance that this happens, you will have an ally that will protect you no matter what. He very rarely breaks his orders but you really can't know when he will do it. He has his personal moral code which he only knows about. Finally, he is a man of actions rather than words.

Strengths: Strong determination and resolve, nerves of steel and extreme loyalty -to selective persons-

Weaknesses: Absolute reservation, emotional insensitivity and some unpredictability

Dislikes: Ice cream -irony? :) -, parties, alcoholic beverages, high temperatures and harsh sunlight

Bio: Born to a small family in the outskirts of a small village in Cayenne, Alexander was treated to the harsh world very early. His father died when he was only 2 years old. His mother took up the care of him and his older sister Nadine with help from his uncle, Herman. His uncle was a fighter pilot in Cayennian Air Force and flew a Saab 29 Tunnan. Alexander would go to school in the morning and them helps his mother in the small farm when he comes back. Alexander didn't live his life as poor but he wasn't rich either.

Being an albino and originally a reserved child, he didn't have almost any friends. This allowed him to concentrate on his studies and work at home. At first, his sister tried to encourage him to make friends -or colleagues- but failed. The first friend he made -or rather chose- was a child who volunteered to climb a far tree from school to rescue the pet of some of the other children. The child, Tab; got stuck and couldn't climb back. Nobody was able to help him for fear that the rescuer may fall himself. Alexander who was walking home by himself, saw and understood the situation and very calmly climbed the tree. He helped him -and the pet- go down, made sure he was okay and resumed his way home as nothing has happened not under the eyes of all astonished people who were present. Alexander then started his friendship with Tab, helping him whenever he needed to and talking occasionally when there is something to be said -by Alexander-.

Alexander looked up to his uncle Herman and considered him a fatherly figure. Herman treated Alexander as his own son despite having a family of his own. He accepted Alexander for what he was which made Alexander only respects him more. He would give Alexander presents whenever he got back from his base. He also took him occasionally on hunting trips despite the opposition of his mother. Most importantly, he tried to work on Alexander's weak points in personality. He had a friend who had a goods shop in a busy market. He would bring Alexander to him on weekends to work. He hoped that this may help with Alexander's social reservedness. It didn't help greatly. Nonetheless, Alexander was a very good observer and learned a lot about social conduct from the few days he spent in the shop. What did Alexander enjoy greatly -more than the hunting trips- was the visits that his uncle would take him to the air force base. This was of the few times when Alexander would be excited to go and see all these huge beasts and birds of metal sitting quietly in their hangars and the sounds they made when they were moving and flying.

Before Alexander has finished his high school, a sad day had came over him. His uncle was reported MIA when he was conducting a patrol sortie close to the islands where Aurelia and Cayenne were having conflicts about. A search and rescue effort did not find any wreckage or body close to the place where the contact between the base and his plane was lost. Some colleagues of his uncles even speculated that he defected to Aurelia after claiming that he had arguments with some of his superiors in the previous months. This however, was not proved and the government of Aurelia denied any responsibility toward the accident. This was the time that Alexander decided to be an air force pilot to avenge his fallen uncle.

To be honest, Alexander didn't think he was able to join the air force due to his albinism and his Nystagmus condition. When he decided he was going to join, that was another matter completely. The surgical procedure required for the partial treatment of the condition was very costly to him. He approached one of his uncle's friends, a military ophthalmologist. He asked if he can treat him using eye exercises and vision therapy which was less costly than surgery but with debatable effectiveness. This didn't stop Alexander who believed that, "any chance is a good chance". The doctor tried to explain this to Alexander but his words fell on deaf ears. Out of respect to his passing friend and for the sheer resolve of Alexander, he did agree. On the other hand, Alexander worked anything and everything to provide the funds for this treatment. He didn't tell anybody about it. He followed the doctor's orders exactly and followed his steps no matter how exhausted or tired he might be. Finally, he applied for the air force when there were vacancies. He passed the physical exams despite the double and triple checks the military doctors made. No one was able to detect his condition.

A student in the air force school called "Sky Sentinels", he continued the trend of his relationship. His superiors liked him because he followed orders and didn't ask questions though in a few situations his unpredictability would annoy the hell out of them without them knowing the reason behind it. He was one of the chosen young students to train on the Harrier T2 which Cayenne has decided to use it -and Harrier GR.1- as a forward operating fighter in reconnaissance and close support role on the islands close to Aurelia. He proved good skills as a co-pilot on the aircraft despite being a student. Alexander liked the Harrier and worked hard to be a real pilot close to Aurelian airspace. This was to change very soon.

When he was eating in the mess hall and ignoring the annoying comments and words his colleagues would throw at him as usual, he heard some them say something new. Some of the other students talked sarcastically about his lost uncle and that he was a "traitor", a "turncoat" and "coward". Alexander felt anger rises inside him slowly and tried very hard to not show it outward. However, something must have slipped as they have noticed it and started upping the verbal attack. Alexander very slowly and calmly walked to their table, looked at the ones who insulted his uncle and punched everyone of them once in the face, breaking their noses. Alexander did receive his share of hits but he acquired himself better than them. He didn't strike anyone who surrendered or fell to the ground. After that he left the scene and gone back to his room.

News of Alexander's skirmish has reached the command of the school faster than sound. Since one of the students was the son of a high=ranking officer in the Cayennian military, Alexander was determined to be expelled from school and tried. On his last night of freedom, he was somehow able to fly an Alpha Jet aircraft who was under routine maintenance. He flew circles over the barracks and command center of the air force school while the guards were running around in panic thinking it was a raid from the Aurelian Air Force. When they scrambled aircrafts finally, they found the Alpha Jet at an abandoned air strip and Alexander was now where to be found.

Alexander has traveled around the world, working as a rookie mercenary pilot in the wars he only regarded as just. When he learned that there was a chance that the newly formed Morena Air Squadron will be conducting operations against Aurelian Air Force, he decided to join them. As he always said, "Any chance is a good chance".

RP Example: This is the first one :)

Last edited by Launfal on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The balkens wrote:...

1) Would an O-2 Rank be good? Need more Lieutenants.
2) You should still have some funds. $2.6 million.
That's all I have to point out.

Sure, ill make the changes.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Launfal wrote:Name: Alexander Rudolf

Rudolf may have been misinformed but the chance of combating Aurelia is low. In any case, aside from some grammar mistakes it looks good. ACCEPTED.

The balkens wrote:Name: Yuri Zubarev

Minor changes. ACCEPTED.

Posting. Newcomers feel free to join in.
Briefing is starting. You should know what has to be done and feel free to question authority.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Launfal
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Launfal » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Rudolf may have been misinformed but the chance of combating Aurelia is low. In any case, aside from some grammar mistakes it looks good. ACCEPTED.

Thanks for accepting my application. English is not my first language and thus grammatical mistakes are inevitable. I wouldn't mind a telegram telling me where the mistakes are. :)

Colony of Tribute
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Colony of Tribute » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:32 pm

A non-combat combat mission, the silence before the storm.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Launfal wrote:Thanks for accepting my application. English is not my first language and thus grammatical mistakes are inevitable. I wouldn't mind a telegram telling me where the mistakes are. :)

For not being your first language you got most of it right. It's mainly some picky things but everything can be understood.

Colony of Tribute wrote:A non-combat combat mission, the silence before the storm.

Shh. No spoilers.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

The balkens wrote:Name: Yuri Zubarev

Minor changes. ACCEPTED.

Posting. Newcomers feel free to join in.
Briefing is starting. You should know what has to be done and feel free to question authority.

There's always friendly fire, but I'm sure thats rather frowned upon.
Last edited by Empire of Donner land on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyo.
The Collected Entries Of Me In A Nutshell
"Donner: A chill guy who has no chill" - Esgonia
"Everything is wrong. Everything" - URA

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Empire of Donner land wrote:There's always friendly fire, but I'm sure thats rather frowned upon.

Aw, the good old days in South Sotoa. Think it was Frosty who was almost the recipient of a friendly fire incident.

But yeah, that's generally frowned upon in most societies.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse