NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars Galaxy Short Stories [Reboot, Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:21 pm

TGSC HQ, Ilum Colony
Sometime after the Coruscant Shenanigans
The Tough Stuff

OOC: Credits to OG for inspiring this discussion. The Uncle Walt bit was a variant on an idea he had.

IC:

The TGSC Workshop was a veritable house of wonders. Here, the Mastersmiths and the finest scientists and magitechnologically inclined worked in harmony, developing new and better tools to both heal and harm.

It was here in this shop that Terry Tadanobu found herself looking at a peculiar object, nibbling on a random chorizo she had produced from those amazing pockets she always had. It was, by all accounts, a Kalashnikov Rifle. That mechanical contrivance which, for centuries, had sprung forth from armories across the Eurasian steppe to make its own mark on the world at large. There were certainly better weapons. Blasters. Menelmacari plasma guns. Huntarian Clones. Congressional Orbital Strikes. And yet the Kalashnikov held a special place in the hearts of Dornalians, especially those of the Order of the Vanguards who adopted it as a kind of ceremonial/religious weapon, in a manner akin to the Sikh kirpan. Call it sentimental value, perhaps, appreciating how something stupidly simple could make such a difference.

This Kalashnikov however, was anything but simple. Firearms connoisseurs would notice the AK would look like a Chinese Type 56, with its hooded sight and permanently affixed bayonet which swung out. But there was something more to it. Namely, the front end was a semi-futuristic handguard, with three vent holes, and an attached short foregrip on rails. The buttstock resembled a Zenitco PT-1 stock, and there was a dust cover with a rear mounted rear sight on it and with a rail on top, currently empty. The pistol grip was there, but it was black like the rest of the gun, and reshaped into something found normally on a M16A1. Finally, the lightsaber bayonet was permanently affixed, and in the rear position—that is, it was off, and folded back. The gun itself had an unusual matte sheen that was somewhere in between that of plastic, and of metal. Terry picked it up and looked at it skeptically.

“It’s an AK. Weren’t you gonna show me some new wonder metal, Dr. Sanchez?”

“Well, yes, Ma’am, but see, this AK is an example of the wonder metal in question.” The speaker was a young woman, comparatively short, with cat ears and a tail in a lab coat and wirerimmed glasses. “If you’ll notice, it’s at least two to three pounds lighter than a comparable model made using normal means. We fashioned everything in this gun from the wonder metal. Everything from the piston and bolt to the receiver and even the trigger group. Even with all the cool stuff on there.”

“I see.” Terry lifted it up, and looked down the sights as she aimed at the ceiling. “Keep talking.”

Dr. Sanchez then continued, gesturing to some specifications being projected onto the wall. “Now, in terms of weight savings, that’s not the only obvious thing we’ve done. We’ve also taken the liberty of making the new material resistant to a large variety of damage types. We’ve tested it on everything from extreme cold…”

There was footage of the AK being left out in the snowdrifts of Ilum, with fast forward used to skip the boring step of watching it sit there for seventy two hours before a man picked it up, aimed it into the air and fired a long burst into the air with a hearty “WOOOHOOO!” Sanchez continued, showing video of all the torture tests being done to the Kalashnikov in Terry’s hands. Said footage included scientists dropping the Kalashnikov into an acid bath. It also included the Kalashnikov being smacked into by everything from Allanean gravbikes—this footage had the test pilot wipe out and tumble to the ground after failing to perform a powerslide to celebrate his collision with the Kalashnikov—to a A-34 tank and even a large piece of rebar with Jabba the Hutt’s face on it dropped from a height of fifty feet. It was even lathered in petroleum jelly and all sorts of slimy looking substances on the inside and out and used in a deluded game of curling, before the AK was fired in long bursts at a side of beef, spraying out gunk from its insides as it did so and not breaking a sweat.

Terry winced at some of the more graphic footage, especially the bit where the AK was doused with napalm and white phosphorous and set on fire, with the testers picking it up and firing the gun as it was on fire singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic with naught but special gloves and a gas mask. The look she shot Sanchez expressed a mix of disapproval and astonishment, to which Sanchez merely shrugged.

Sanchez then went, “But enough footage of torture testing!” with a hearty grin that put Terry on edge. She then went, “Now, its time for the main attraction. Ma’am, I’m gonna need the AK back. And for you and your staff to step back fifty feet.”

Terry nodded and returned the AK, and then received safety glasses and ear protection in return, as did all others in the room.

The AK being duly returned, it was then suspended from the ceiling so it would remain stable, and fixed. Sanchez then picked up a lightsaber, igniting it and putting on a pair of safety goggles. She then shouted, “STAND CLEAR!!!!” and people obeyed. Then, like a piñata at a child’s birthday party, she began to smack the Kalashnikov repeatedly, striking it on all sides. Every inch of the AK from the receiver to the barrel was smacked with the saber using diagonal slashes, thrusts and even constant exposure by holding the ignited blade for long periods over the weapon. There was some sparking and so on, and it was impressive to see, and it lasted for a lot longer than one expected--namely, a good, solid fifteen minutes.

The catgirl then de-powered the saber, and took the AK from its location with the help of a stepladder before she nodded and loaded a fresh magazine, charging the weapon by pulling back on the handle and slamming it home. Then, she walked into an area of the lab surrounded by ballistics glass and energy shields, shouted “FIRE IN THE HOLE!” and turned to a nearby ballistics gel dummy next to a pyramid of watermelons and a side of rotted beef, setting the gun to full auto. Then, to no one’s great surprise, Sanchez proceeded to dump two magazines in one long orgy of thunderous sound and violence, reducing the targets to shreds in a glorious shower of green, generated by the TGSC-made plasma cartridges which could be fed into a standard AK.

The catgirl then walked out of the room, and handed the AK to Terry after making sure the chamber was empty. Sanchez went, “As you can tell, the metal has the ability to resist environmental damage, impacts, and being hit by a fucking lightsaber over and over again! Not bad for a substance made of carbon fiber, impregnated with silksteel, heat resistant artificial fibers and metals, and even the odd bit of ceramic normally used in industrial and spacefaring applications!”

As the staff wondered how they were going to clean up the mess in the shooting test area, Terry nodded and stroked her chin in thought. She liked what she saw. This had grand potential as the next big composite, especially for building things to be used when Jedi were involved. However, there was one thing she thought of—Nick had taught her to never, ever waste money when something perfectly good was available that did the same job for less. In that spirit, Terry asked, “Wait. Don’t we have phrik? I mean, I’m not sure making a new super composite is worth….that stuff you showed me.”

Sanchez took off her safety goggles, and continued with confidence.

“I’d love to use phrik, but the problem is that some demented, reality warping Womp Rat named Uncle Walt decided to buy the SWG and then buy up the majority of the phrik supply. Now it’s rare as hell, and only found in lightsabers.” Sighing, Sanchez declared, “Worst day of my life.” Pausing, Sanchez simply indicated, “Now, I did test this stuff out in our manufacturing equipment. It’ll work with standard fabbers and industrial replicators. The bitch of it is just making batches of the stuff. It’s not cheap. But it’s sure as hell more available than phrik.”

Terry nodded, her expression turning impressed. She hadn’t even felt the heavy hand of Uncle Walt altering the universe at large, but if what Sanchez said was true…this stuff was needed more than ever.

“Well, it’s got my vote! It can resist lightsaber strikes and it makes already good, rugged items even more so! But what do we call it!?”

“Funny you should say that. I was thinking Territanium.”

Terry paused for a moment, and laughed.

“Thanks for the gesture. Alright, get some more test runs on this stuff, and run some comparison tests against actual phrik. If this works, you’ve got something here I’d like!”

Terry then turned to the mess made of the gel dummy. Her tone grew more worried, as she eyed the mess and motioned for the staff to bring her a mop and bucket. And some help.

“Just make sure you don’t….make any more messes.”
Last edited by New Dornalia on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:41 am

Please Delete Me
Last edited by Balrogga on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:23 am

Ok sounds good. But as it's own thread, are you hoping others will join you, or do you want to keep it as a Ta'Nar short story theme?
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Please Delete Me
Last edited by Balrogga on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:28 am

Balrogga wrote:I am viewing the blockade as a sort of UN thing made of member nations so it would be reasonable to have vessels from other players in the blockade but most of them will be NPC ships which we all can play to an extent.

I'll take that into account then and probably have a few ships show up.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Huntaer
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Huntaer » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Some decades before the fall of Coruscant...

Twas the night before christmas when all through the Palace,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a sign of malice;
the stockings were hung by barbed wire with slack,
giving the appearance the Empire was ran by holiday hacks.

Our daughters were nestled all snug in their beds,
no doubt with visions of colts aimed at their heads;
and mamma in her kerchief and I in my cap,
had just settled our brains after a game of pinch and slap.
I started ranting about how Santa was just a big oafish lout,
When out of no where, there arose lightning from her which bolted about.
I sprung from my seat, spilling nog all over my hands.
"What the actual fuck!?" I cried, as lightning surrounded my lands.
Oh surely she didn't forget about the chip in me,
The chip that would make me go nuts with glee.
Just then, something miraculous did happen!
An idea sprang into my noggin!

Away to my closet, I flew like a flash
I tore open the drawers and took out my stash.
A red robed suit… Modified with some white stuff...
Behold! I was now dressed in red and no longer bare
Despite the obviousness of my wife's evil glare.
With the illusion complete, I needed a sleigh to fly
Sadly there was only a jet pack, for what reason I could only wonder why.

As I grabbed a couple of spray cans and a sack of "presents," I noticed some guards nearby
I decided to give their red robes a good flyby.
More rapid than eagles in my pack I came,
I whistled and shouted and called them by their names:
"Now Trasher! Now Smasher! Now Thrasher, you too you damned Vixen!
On Moper, on Humper, on Boner and Drunken!
To the top of the palace! To the top of the wall!
Bring out the Rock! Kick out the Jams!
Show me your holiday cheer you fat fucking hams!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky
so away the guardsmen did flee, with their guns aimed high
aimed high… At me! Crappy half-assed help.
And then, in a twinkling, I heard lasers upon the air
just barely missing my precious red hairs.
I drew in my head and threw presents all around,
down the gifts did go, they fell with a bound.

They tried to fire, in their red armor looking mean,
but now all their clothes were now branded with white, blue and green!
Their guns, how they twinkled with bolts of blue and yellow,
But they were no match for this good cheered fellow!
More people! Oh their droll little guns were drawn out and aimed like bows,
Their armor was as white as Hoth's snow.
The Stump of a grenade, held tight in their hands
They pulled their pins and away, they throw like little school girl bands.
I laughed, and laughed in spite of myself.
Fuck, no one can be that bad, not even those blue-skinned elves!
With a wink of my eye and a twist of my head,
I soon gave those white fucks a hint that they had a lot to dread.

I spoke not a word and went straight to work,
and began to deal with them all; then turned at them with a jerk
and laying my hands on my sides,
I sprayed them with my cans, covering all of their hides!
Green and white, mixed with red and blue!
Yes, these new additions gave their armor a much needed color hue.
Still hovering in air, I sprang myself together, asmy jet pack blew like a whistle
I dropped a few more presents, and those guards flew like the down of a thistle.
Despite my distance, I wanted everyone to hear
That no one else had anything to fear.
So I shouted over my loud mic as I flew out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a GOOD FUCKING NIGHT!"

The previous scene contained explicit language and adult situations and should not have been viewed by Children.
Last edited by Huntaer on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear."

SWG OOC Factbook. Under Construction!

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Return of the Empire

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:26 am

Rise in Revolution

“It has been too long. For a while we didn’t think you’d ever come back.” Lord Khal said as he gave a half bow to the woman standing before him. Her long white dress, her pale skin and dark brown eyes barely acknowledged the man standing before her, one of the highest ranking Admirals in the Galactic Imperium.

Her finger gently touched her outer right hip, as she turned her attention to him, only enough to satisfy the coming question. “Has everything been prepared?”
Khal nodded, as he straightened his back. “Yes. The conflict has burned out the weak as you had hoped, although I am concerned that we lost too many ships in your plan. If I may…” Grand Admiral Khal began, but the woman in white turned her attention away.

“The amount of ships that we lost is of no concern. I have instructed the World Devastators to increase production of raw material and birth 30% more of the Construction fleet, Kamino to replace your missing crews, and the ship yards to increase production of the newest ships. In a year’s time the fleet will be back to full strength.”

It was a short sighted plan. Yes, troops can be replaced, ships rebuilt, but that all takes time, and Khal knew that in the short term, the Empire and the Congress were weakened. The Javin Sector was the latest example, and the Empire was forced to cede the sector to the newly formed CIS. Khal wondered if the Sith’s plan was worth the cost.

“I understand, Lady Eclipse, but the near term security concerns are more pressing.” He spoke, before she turned to him, and extended her finger towards his face. “The near term does not concern me, Admiral. It is your job to maintain the Imperium, or do I need to find someone else capable of it?”
He shook his head, “Of course not, my lady.”

“Good.” The Lady in White said as she approached the royal chambers of Empress Eve of Huntaria. “If you would, please let my daughter know I am here. We have much to discuss.”

Breaking News

A young attractive woman who appeared to be in her Early Twenties smiled on the screen, as the camera panned out slightly to reveal a man with slight grey in his hair, yet still physically built, staring at the screen.

“This is a breaking news report!” the guy said as he looked in the screen. “We are sorry for interrupting your regularly scheduled program.

The camera focused in on the blond woman, who smiled sweetly and innocently into the camera. “This is Rachael Noel for GI-Span news, the official news of the Galactic Imperium. Today, a peace treaty has been signed by two of the founding members of the Galactic Imperium, the Starways Congress and the Huntarian Empire.”

A clip shows with no audio of several delegates of the Congress shaking hands with a woman with short brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a red dress. To her left and right were two Inquisitors, each with the standard issue circular double bladed light sabers.

“Our internal strife is officially over. The Starways Congress and our glorious Empress, Eve Agatheon have signed the Galactic Unity Treaty this afternoon. Officials in the Ministry of War have hailed the treaty as an end to the short but bloody war that consumed six worlds and billions of clone lives.”

“We have with us, Grand Admiral Khal, of the Galactic Imperium Fleet. Greetings Grand Admiral, you must be excited about the treaty.”

The Grand Admiral looked stoically into the camera. “Excitement is hardly the word. It was a tragedy that those who favored a republic started this bloody strife. I am only glad that I no longer have to give orders to kill our fellow citizens. This short strife has cost the Imperium dearly, and it’s our hopes that now, we can all pick up the pieces of our society, and begin to live and work together in harmony.”

The man nodded, “I couldn’t agree more with you Admiral. Can you please tell us, what this treaty means for the Congress and the Empire, and perhaps the Galactic Imperium as a whole?”

“Yes.” Grand Admiral Khal continued, “This treaty binds the Empire and the Congress into one galactic unit. As per our agreements, the Congress will retain full authority to declare a species a threat to humanity, and can still organize the total extinction of any species that is considered a threat to the Human Race.”

“Under the terms negotiated however, full civil authority has been given to our Empress, Her Majesty Eve the first of that name, who has full rights to foreign diplomacy, acts of war, and governing. All government institutions, except for our Weapons of Planetary and Stellar destruction, are under the direct control of Her Majesty, and her ministers. As Grand Admiral of the Galactic Imperium, I give my full support and pledge my allegiance to her throne.”

The woman smiled into the Camera. “What a fantastic day this is.” She said following the script on the prompter. “Are there any other changes to our way of life?”
The Grand Admiral shook his head slightly. “No, your day to day life will continue much as it already has.”

“What about the issue of Alien Slavery?” The older male anchor reporter asked. “It was one of the pressing questions during the great strife. Has that question been answered by the treaty?”

Admiral Khal’s smile faded slightly, as he looked into the screen, seemingly caught off guard. “I wasn’t expecting that question, but I can answer yes. All slavery in the Imperium is officially outlawed for any sentient being who is of natural birth. If you have a mother, or a father, regardless of if you are human, or Raman, you will be born with all the rights and privileges that the force has granted your species.”

“What of Apartheid?” the older man asked.

The Grand Admiral smiled once more, “As I have said, all natural born species will be given full rights of their species station as deemed by the force, and her Majesty Empress Eve. With her Advisers in the force, and her inquisition, she will consult with her priests to determine the will of the force. If the force tells her that their station should be improved, I can assure you that she will uplift their station.”

“That is all we have time for today. Thank you, Grand Admiral, for taking time out of your very busy schedule to talk to the citizens of the Imperium. We now return you to your scheduled program.”

“Intro to As the Galaxy Turns” appears on the screen.
Last edited by Orthodox Gnosticism on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Dornalia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Tyrol Industries Cloning Facility, Kamino, SWC

The Lawman Cometh

OOC: Done with cooperation of OG.

IC:

Ekaterina Vasilyeva Persky stepped out of the small, nondescript Raptor. Her clothing was painfully mundane, if stylish. A long trenchcoat, slacks, and a polo/golf shirt with a small logo on the left breast. The small logo of course, clued one in as to her real job was--if the smart haircut, the disciplined bearing and the professional demeanor didn’t clue one in, as did the residual stains on the coat. Then again, it wasn’t hard to miss the small five pointed star symbol on her trenchcoat, and the small Helvetica font-rendered title “New Chicago Sheriff’s Department.” That, and the Lawgiver Pistol she had holstered on her belt. One could never be safe doing business, especially in the chaos of the SWG.

The woman paused for a moment, and felt an itch in her wolf’s ears. Having extra wolf’s ears and a tail--even if one like her looked like an attractive, even “milfy,” Russo-Polish Jewish woman otherwise--was a distinctive marker of her people, the Forest Sisters--Bonks for those who couldn’t interpret Cyrillic. Being a bit wolflike wasn’t an issue--after all, many a gunfight had ended because she sniffed out enemies before they could see her.

Still, the two in front of her would hopefully not be enemies. Then again, they had to be better than the previous management.

It was a very uncomfortable moment for Nick, as he slipped his flask back inside his inner black sports jacket. His shirt was a soft white egyptian cotton button up, with creased black suit pants. It was not uncomfortable due to the negotiations, or for the fact that his wife was with him when he did so. It was uncomfortable due to what the product was.

Nicholas loved women, this was a fact that was well known, and a fact that caused his wife both amusement and an equal share of distress. No matter which mood Crysanthea would choose to be in, Nick knew that this evening would only have one ending, being mercilessly teased by “Blue” for the foreseeable future.

“Something wrong?” Blue asked as she walked next to her husband? NIck turned to look at her. Throughout the years, Nick marvelled at how the Abh seemed to never age. Her hair was as dark blue as ever, her porcelain skin, still as white and smooth as the day they met so many decades ago.

“No.” he said in his obvious lie, that he could almost count the seconds down until she called him on it. “I just can’t find a good cigarette on this world.” Blue slipped her hand in to her green dress, that went down just past her upper thigh, and reached into the skin tight black pants underneath and pulled out a pack of “Caprican Lights.”

Nick turned to her and gave a small smile, “I love you.” he said as he reached for the pack. “I am aware.” she said as she offered him the smallest smile back. Pulling out a lighter, he flicked the zippo, and inhaled the gray calming smoke.
“What do we know of this product?” Crysanthea asked as she turned down the hallway towards the hanger. Nick had seen the picture and the portfolio, and he knew that once Crysanthea laid eyes on the “Template” that his night was shot.

“She’s a Bonk.” Nick said as he took another drag. “From Earth originally, but took a job out in New Chicago.” he told her as he looked down to the portfolio.

“Is she from the warsaw pact, or Russia?”

“Nyet!” Nick said meaning no, in the little russian he knew. “She’s from outside the economic pact, maybe Israel, or New York. I’m not sure, Dornie records seem to be spotty. Either way, she’s quite a looker. I think she’s the new Fuzzy or something.”

Blue turned to him. “I wasn’t aware Antionia was being replaced.” Nick laughed, “No, no, I mean she’s, um…. The Template… is the new hero of Dornielands. Fuzzy’s kinda gone soft in her mommahood you know.”

“I wasn’t aware.” Blue said. Nick just chuckled a moment, as they reached the end of the hall. Slipping his hand over the door, two white doors slid to the opposite side, revealing a lone raptor in the bay.

Nick and Blue both saw the woman across the bay, and characteristically Nick walked towards her, with a giant grin on his face. “Ekaterina” he said as he opened his arms up and embraced the new Bonk. His arms wrapped around her for a simple yet firm hug, that Nick was known for giving any woman. “How was your flight, I hope it wasn’t too long or boring.”

Ekaterina nodded. Nick Tyrol wasn’t known for being subtle--a trait which suited the Bonk just fine. Subtlety had its place, but there were times when dealing with a situation straight was best. Like now. She nodded and went, in Russian-accented English, “It was long, but not boring. I had time to review what we were discussing.” Smiling, she added, “Of course, given that I was one of several donors for this project, it behooved me to stay informed.”

The Bonk was surprised she was compared to Fuzzy--then again, it wasn’t a surprise. Antonia Markham had become a byword for courage and sex appeal, wrapped in a distinct package. Ekaterina hadn’t had her share of pornographic film acting, but being someone known for hunting down some of the most dangerous criminals in a life worthy of a Western more than made up for it. The Hound had earned her name, and although Nick didn’t quite remember all the details, she knew he had recalled enough about the Kosher Cavalier to chat with the wife.

Nick smiled and took the Bonk gently by the arm. “That is awesome.” he said with a quick smile, as he walked towards Crysanthea. “This is my beautiful little star, Crysanthea, but you can call her blue, everyone does!” he said smirking towards her.

Blue reached her hand forward, remembering Dornie customs to give a firm handshake, “You can call me Crysanthea.” she said detesting Nick’s overly informal ways in business contracts. “If you will follow us, we will begin the final phase of your evaluation.” Blue said with the typical cold Abh lack of empathy in her voice.

Nick just smiled, “Would you like some?” he asked flipping out his silver flask. “Makes interviews and exams go by so much better.”

“No, Nick!” Blue said turning around quickly, “It will distort the tests. The subject’s blood must be as clean as possible.” Nick shrugged, “I didn’t think it would hurt!” he said in response.

“Why do you think the Huntclones were vastly inferior. They didn’t have as strict of controls as we do, and they allowed their templates into the same vices that you enjoy.”

Nick sighed, “Maybe but the templates had more fun.”

“We can give her a season passes at Busch Gardens then, if amusement is her priority.”

Ekaterina laughed a very subtle laugh, and said, “Thank you for the offer of alcohol, but sadly, I must follow Crysanthea’s advice. We are on business, after all. I am not sure what the other Donors have done, but I would not be averse to drinks afterwards though…”

Remembering Crysanthea was in the area, she added, “...but that is neither here nor there” in a tone which was meant to assure all and sundry there’d be no hankypanky involved. Besides, one could never tell if Blue would decide to, like some jealous Greco-Roman goddess, incinerate a planet due to unwarranted flirtation.

Quickly regaining her composure, Ekaterina added, “Anyway, I am here to have blood samples drawn, yes? I am eager to see what the Kaminoans do in that regard, especially since Tyrol Industries has assumed command of this world.” She didn’t speak of the prior management in her speech, but that was because Ekaterina figured that Blue had covered their issues.

“That depends.” Crysanthea said, as they walked into a small empty room with only a couple of chairs that gently fell from the ceiling being held only by a thin rod that looked like it was made of liquid. Nick walked in as well as he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.

Blue held her hand out gesturing for the Bonk to have a seat, as she sat opposite of her, and crossed her legs. “The acquisition of this world has been very taxing. After my spouse decided to spend over Three trillion credits in its sale, without consulting me after the Huntarian Annexation, I’ve had to spend more than enough time trying to make it into a product of quality and restore Kamino’s reputation.” she said, “It’s been rather taxing.”

“I want you to understand that so far no other “subject” has passed our quality control standards. I have little reason to believe that you will either. Tell me about yourself.”

Ekaterina raised an eyebrow. She had remembered filling out the long, boring questionnaire--and she was used to doing paperwork. Especially after that one incident with the Bus Full of Nuns fighting the Rolling Forties. Basically, she had given them a memoir. Now, she was being quizzed again on the same subject. Nodding, she began to speak in stoic, calm, clipped sentences.

“Right. Full name, Ekaterina Vasilyeva Persky. Father was Basil Perski of Lublin, Poland, from the Silesian Pack. Itinerant engineer and mechanic. Mother was Vasilisa Petrovina Gurevich. Politsiya officer. I have several sisters and brothers, ours was a big family. Including a niece of which I am proud. But anyway. Our family participated in the Civil War, fighting in General Sklodowska’s Kosciusko Battalion. The same one which now declassified records show was assisted by the current Director of Central Intelligence and her comrade Colby. I spent my teenage years during the war acting as a scout. Tracking, stalking, getting a bead on enemy formations. During several scouting missions, I became proficient in the use of a pistol to defend myself. First a Nagant revolver, then a 1911 pistol provided to me by a Romanian.

After the war, our family--both my close and extended--moved to New Chicago County along with other Jews, attracted by promises of a new start. Crime was rampant in those days. Law enforcement was in short supply. I followed in my mother’s footsteps and became a police officer, hired by the Sheriff’s Department’s Main Force Patrol due to my tracking skills and gunfighting skills.” Pausing, Ekaterina said simply, and humbly, “I put them to use. Tracked wanted men--robbers, gangs of ex-Mahdist outlaws that turned to crime, serial killers--in both urban and rural settings, riding long patrols out in a Raptor and a motorbike, armed with both a M72 Gauss Rifle and a Wagner Arms Lawgiver pistol.

In one such instance, I tracked the head of the Loco Moco Boyz, a man named Shrimpy Lok, to an arroyo outside Taikograd, capital of the planet of New Hong Kong--a place within the County. He and his colleagues had a young woman. A captive they had taken. They had her in a noose, standing on a stool, much like one would use to stand on when painting a wall. I looked at her through the scope on my Gauss Rifle. Saw that she had signs of assault, perhaps more. The men surrounded her, and one of them called out to the others. I acted. I fired one shot, which slew one of the men. Then another, which severed the rope from the tree and freed the captive.” Pausing, Ekaterina then added, “I then pulled out my Lawgiver and took out the rest with Hi-Explosive shot, dashing in from the ridge of the arroyo on my motorbike and seizing Shrimpy with my bare hands. I would have stayed at range, but I sensed more were coming and I had to take the head into custody and recapture the captive in a most expedient manner.”

Ekaterina added, “Of course, people began calling me The Hound after such acts. Mostly as hounds get their man, and never stop. I really got people’s attention however, when I was assigned to escort a prisoner, Mikey Yauch. His brother, a notorious thug and gunslinger and head of a group of vicious anti-Semitic thugs called the Dirlewanger Posse, tried to stop me with a group of six heavily armed men, all in power armor with miniguns. Said I had to let him go.” Pausing, Ekaterina remarked with a thin smile, “There was a duel at high noon, with just me and my Lawbringer. I shoved Yauch to the side, and then after taking out Yauch, I got the better of them all using a combination of armor piercing and incendiary shot and the fact there were several nearby automobiles with full fuel tanks.

Anyway, for such acts of creative bravery and dedicated service, I was promoted to Chief of Police for the entire County. Some say it's an honor, but it really involves a lot of paperwork and it is quite dull. I think it was because I was getting too good. People hate that. Even now, I still make foot patrols on the streets. Keeps me sharp. Keeps me real. Last week, I engaged a member of a shoplifting ring on a six mile parkour run. Caught up with her in a shopping mall, caught her by surprise as she entered a car park. It is an eventful career, but I feel longwinded celebrations of my past are somehow...inappropriate for someone of my profession.”

“I see” Blue said, as she crossed her right leg over her left. “And how do you feel about these experiences? Does it excite you to chase your prey?” Blue asked.

Ekaterina nodded.

“I feel that my actions were necessary, given the threat many of these individuals posed. Many of them were highly armed. Some were quite mentally unstable. All showed a disregard for human life in the course of their lawbreaking. I did make an effort to capture these individuals--many were taken alive--a preferable outcome. But there were many gunfights as well. Ultimately, to answer question part one--I feel I had a job to do. Therefore, I would do it professionally as possible.

As for your second question, I would say no. It does satisfy me to see a threat to law and order detained and kept off of the streets, and I do find the challenge of investigating and locating suspects without being taken unawares to be both a rewarding intellectual and strategic challenge and a duty. But in terms of any ‘thrill from the chase’ or other possibly psychopathic or sadistic enjoyment of the tracking of criminals, I do not experience any of that, no. I neither toy with suspects, nor would I have time to. Lives are at stake.”

Blue glanced up to the Bonk. “I see. I will need you to walk down to room 34A. There you will disrobe, and stand in the center of the room. Scanners and droids will scan your body for any form of deformation in your DNA, as well as recessive traits that may lead to undesired mutations in the future. We are done here.”

As the Bonk stood and left, Nick reached into his pocket and lite up a smoke. “So what do you think?”

“The Subject seems to be the most mentally stable of the potential templates, but the scanners will determine how much of that is true.”
Nick smiled, “Yeah, she certainly seems to have the assets for the Template we’re looking for.” he said with a smile.

“It’s not all about the physical, Nicholas.” Blue said, as Nick shook his head. “Blue, I didn’t mean it like I that. I meant she’s got the experience. Hell if half of what she said was true, I’d offer to hire her in the pixies.”

Blue glanced at him, “If she passes the next series of tests, you won’t need to.” Nick stopped as he looked down. “I know the Starways Congress and the GI are looking for a bonk division, and the Dornies are as well. How many clones will the Dornies be requiring?”

As Ekaterina went to get ready for the tests, Blue then indicated, “If I recall the Supreme Commander and the Secretary of State’s estimates, they were looking for a ‘model unit.’ Five thousand to start. They were understandably skeptical, given the point of origin of the clones.”

Nick knew that the Bonks had enhanced hearing and smell but even when Eka answered, Nick was surprised the Bonk heard him so clearly. “Alright, so then.” he said as he turned to Blue. “Based on the rate of pay, we usually give the donor, what, five credits per clone.”

Blue sighed, as she pulled up the account. “A Bonk division for the Dornies, and a single campaign theater for the Congress, comes down to five million, five thousand units.”

A moment later, the computer gave a green light, showing that her DNA was 96% within accepted parameters.

NIck leaned over to the wall. “Congratulations, you just earned $25,025,000 Imperial Credits or, $625,625,000 dollars, whichever you prefer. You will also get a residual check, five Imperial Credits or twenty five dollars whichever you prefer, per clone ordered after the initial batch. Once you sign our non compete clause for your DNA, and also our NDA, which is extremely ironclad, then you’ll be rich enough to enjoy a lifetime on Zeltron.”

Blue stopped Nick, “You may now get dressed, once you sign the paperwork, we’re done here.

Ekaterina got up, and then dusted herself off. Getting dressed, she noted that aside from the grilling, it was surprisingly...quick. The idea of an ironclad nondisclosure and noncompete agreement was understandable, as was the fortune she was slated to receive. She then added, as she signed the agreement, “I will take the payments in Dollars. The initial lump sum can be wired to an account at the Bank of New Chicago, the number of which I am writing here. Likewise, the residuals.”

“It’s a deal.” Nick said with a smile. “It’s been grand working with you, Eek.”

Blue shook her head at her husband's inability to let people have the name they were born with. “Thank you for your sample. Have a good trip home.”

Ekaterina nodded, adding, “It was a pleasure.” The Bonk was already thinking of what to do with the money….perhaps something interestingly charitable for the Sheriff’s Department. Either way, the Perskys were going places. First Anita getting in with the Rohanians, and now, she being used as a genetic template. Things were interesting...
Last edited by New Dornalia on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sat May 21, 2016 10:39 am

Thrashian Space
~1AMC
An Engineering Discussion

Chief Engineer's Lecture | Aboard the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Farstrider

“Today’s topic: how to abuse a tensor field,” the chief engineer began.

That raised a few eyebrows. The audience was a mixture of junior officers who needed to know, senior officers in for a refresher and members of other departments who wanted to know what Engineering was up to. A hand went up, belonging to Gunnery's port battery commander.

“Abuse, Commander?”

“Nine tenths of the technology we use- 91.2% to be exact-,” only the engineers realised it was a joke, “- is described by the function it performs, or by the manufacturer’s advertising department. Don’t get me started on the subject of durasteel.

“And we have ‘power converters’, that in the forces they convert, from and to, are entirely separate technologies from each other. It’s as loose and woolly a term as 'flying machine'.”

The ‘lecture hall’ was actually one of the bays of Main Machinery, subsection 2. Sub-1 was the MCR, the master control center for the ship’s engineering functions, whereas sub-2 was central repair and reconstruction center. Most of the audience was sitting or leaning against disabled component parts; the chief engineer’s lectern was an auxiliary power unit from one of the main turrets, and there were about eight hundred manufacturing droids stored on the gantry behind him.

“The specifications come from the same sources. Abuse is a loose term – properly, used to it’s limits. Basically it is the 'force field architecture' of an Imperator-class destroyer.” A holoprojector turned on and showed an image of an Imperial-class Star Destroyer with it's force field contrasted in a blue light.

A secondary display appeared with the force field architecture of a Venator-class Star Destroyer beside that of the ISD.

“Basic observation, people: what changed from one generation to the next?” asked the chief.

“Modularity?” one of the main drive technical officers – Lieutenant Marquet – asked.

“Correct. A good decision, made for the wrong reasons.” The displays showed colored dots, red tensor, blue stasis, green relative inertial, turquoise hyperdrive, orange atmospheric, yellow particle and violet ray shielding generators, haze around them showing areas of effect. It was quite a colorful display for what was suppose to be a fearsome-looking warship.

“The Venator-class is wartime construction. Of the ship, rather, than combat functions. One of each plus a secondary/backup. To improve, it is necessary – and I mean it this time – to abuse it, or replace it; necessarily frequent, after abusing it in any event.”

“Why wasn’t she designed to the limits of the technology to begin with?” one of the senior damage control officers, Lieutenant Sprenger, asked.

“Cost, safety, and diminishing returns. Cost: two hyperdrive cores are more expensive than one plus the support machinery to expand the hyperfield to the same area.

“Safety: our multiples have to be integrated with each other. This places a burden on the skills and computing resources of the ship that is non-trivial.

“Diminishing returns...take a hypothetical: with a 100kps2 relative inertial field, this ship becomes a danger to her crew. Power hungry, inefficient, causing unnecessary strain, you now stand a good chance of being slammed to your death against the fore, rather than aft, bulkheads.”

There was a slight ripple of laughter at that. The chief engineer carried on, grinning slightly.

“The Imperator is post war construction. This changes the design objectives. The Venator is more efficient in the short term, but their service life is two centuries at best, and the single large generator format makes them expensive and difficult to refit.

“The Imperator-class, one of whose design objectives was to deal with the refuse left over by the unification wars, is more efficient in the long term. The redundant multiple medium generator format makes us more damage tolerant with proper system management, easier to repair by replacing damaged elements of the network, easier to upgrade if the investment becomes materially or politically possible.

“Also, the convolutions of baffling and mirroring necessary to get an even field intensity out of generators which obey the inverse square law become more manageable.”

The chief paused for a moment to look at the holofield display before looking at his audience.

“If I ever allow any of you to slack off long enough to read it,” Mirannon said, looking at the engineering personnel, “I have a file of the considered-and-rejected design proposals for the Imperator that rewards study. Particularly as, given KDY’s other commitments and the politically driven haste the Imperator design was finalised with, those yards licensed to build them filled in the blanks largely with their own ideas. Frequently with elements rejected in the official design.”

The projected image was replaced by several Imperial-class Star Destroyers. They looked identical, until you started looking closer.

“Sienar built ships, recognizable by their more centralized hyperdrive arrangements, have the worst maintenance and serviceability records in the fleet; carelessness caused by corporate envy.

“Even KDY/Fondor versions are different from KDY/Kuat: more heavily armored and fractionally slower, sub-control centers separately armored, fire control and sensors more sensitive but less jam resistant; their most serious flaw is an old school ring-main power system.”

“This ship?” a nearby engine tech asked, indicating the last in line.

“Corellian built – which is good! Not luck, but determinism, informed it's construction and design variations. We wouldn’t have survived this long unless she had been. The 695 to 782 production batch were assembled to very stringent specifications because Corellian Engineering were aiming for a larger share of the construction contracts and so tried their best – much good it did them.

“They actually tried to win a contract by producing a superior product, instead of resorting to bribery and corruption as is more usual. Show of hands: who thinks it worked?”

Roughly a third of the personnel present raised their hands.

“I wish!” the chief half-roared, “They do a lot of refit business, though. KDY/Kuat’s build quality started high but declined with growing complacency, Fondor’s began as mediocre and improved, Loronar’s are distinctively more fragile, lighter and faster, and Rendili stuck their own bridge tower design on the 11280 to 11431 batch as well as replacing between ten to thirty of the LTL’s with medium turbolaser clusters and missile tubes. Those are the ones that made it into production.”

“Sir, I know we’re supposed to be here to learn about structural reinforcement fields, but could you tell us more about the rejected elements of the design?” Sprenger asked.

“You’re going to go away knowing what I want you to know. The only variable is how much time you sidetrack me into wasting on other matters first. The most interesting is a massively parallel multiple micro generator design.

“That would have broken the ship up into fifteen thousand separate zones, each with it’s own fighter class or better hyper, stasis, tensor and relative inertial nodes. It failed, primarily, because of the massive overload it would have placed on the human component. Also, because the individual nodes, as a consequence of their size, had limited capability.

“There were two further developments; one which ventured into utter lunacy, by encapsulating each zone. The ship would have resembled fifteen thousand light freighters glued together. Combined and separate combat modes for a ship like that would have been interesting verging on bizarre.

“Not everything possible is good to do- there are very good reasons that one stayed on the drawing board.”

“Massive overload on the human component? Sir, is that a euphemism for 'splat'?” one of the fighter wing hangar crew, a tech sergeant, asked.

“No, it means that by the time you’d finished learning how to look after them properly you would have been eight years dead.

“Well, actually, it is frequently a euphemism for 'splat'. This splinter version would have had a malfunction and accident rate well beyond any sustainable or acceptable limit. Believe it or not, the engineering department at KDY does respect human limitations. Occasionally. Most of the time, we just bitch about them.”

He drank from his glass of water.

He went on. “Maintenance and upgrade feasibility is my hobby-bantha, not the topic at hand, and I will ramble on it at the end of the lecture, not the beginning. Tensor fields; what are they?’ He looked for a non- engineer to get an answer from.

“They, ah, reduce tension on the ship’s hull by exporting part of her mass into subspace…?” one of the galley staff asked.

“Droids, lynch that man,” the chief turned to them. They were inhibited from anything of the sort, but most of them had acquired enough personality to act it. They activated and turned glowing eyes on the offending person and started to clank forward.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean it!” he garbled.

The chief turned to the droids. “Stand down.”

“Although,” he continued, turning back to the cook, “You probably do deserve it.

“In short? No. Relative inertial fields don’t rely on subspace either, something else described by function rather than mechanics.

“N+5th generation relative inertials are a multiple supporting mechanism, entanglement momentum transfer, field couplings from drive to hull frame, a mesh of compartment-localized gravitic nodes, and how many lectures do you expect me to give at once? Tensors.’

Another holodiagram appeared. “If you go far enough back, you find stress fields- the ancestors of our tensor field, and another backwards description. The tensor field counteracts stresses in the members of the ship.”

“Stress fields do this literally, creating opposing and canceling pressures – converting to more easily withstood forms – which do relatively little for the service lives of the ships they were fitted to. A tensor field generates a binding and stabilizing force within the hull material on the order of the binding energy of an atomic nucleus; this is very easy for it, because that’s exactly what it is.”

“So how do we abuse it?” another engine tech asked.

“A strong nuclear force field deploys, anyone who is surprised by this will have their brain remedially overclocked, nuclear levels of energy. If we lose power trunking, the tensor field can be tapped from the nearest local generator as a capacitor bank and input to the local grid.

“This is less efficient than doing it properly, but provides a valuable interim measure until we can rig a proper DC cable. This has further synergistic benefits: it means we need fewer APUs, which gives us a better mass distribution; improving agility, therefore evasion, and inherently reducing the need for them.

“It can also be used to fill in jobs that no structural member could do. Members which may or are required to deform – durasteel doesn’t flex well. In context. There are as many different compositions of durasteel as there are of steel, a detail we will go into later.

“Most of the elasticity of the hull comes from the tensor field. The hull frame attachments points are minimal material, majority field.

“The tensor field also serves as the retaining wall for most of the rest of the force fields. It would be possible to project a tensor field without a material carrier, and have it perform most of the functions of a ship – and if any of you are crazy enough to volunteer to test the idea, then you’re too stupid to live anyway and I just might let you try.”

“No, thank you, sir. But why do we have a two meter thick armored hull if the force field is tougher than the hull anyway? Why all that material? Why not simple plating?” Sprenger, again, asked.

“Short version: we need a framework to bolt the other force field generators to. If properly designed, the fields are mutually supportive. The relative inertials reduce stress on the hull which reduces the load on the tensors, lowering power requirement out of or increasing margin of safety in combat.

“There are some interesting things you can do with a stasis field, thermal conductivity and incoming turbolaser fire, too.”

“So if the hull’s just a metrology aid – ,”

“The stresses imposed on it by the force field architecture are substantial,” the chief completed. “Orders of magnitude better than bare metal, but still demanding. The hull is also our fail safe. It has to possess sufficient strength to function without the force fields. If properly put together, and dockyard workmanship plays at least as large a part in this as basic design, it should be able to support and withstand a failing force field complex long enough for us to remedy or execute a controlled shutdown.

“Lastly it must be a material or composite of materials that can benefit from tensor and relative inertial fields. Iron, at the lowest point of the binding energy curve, is too stable for this.

“Depleted-electron-shell materials are advantageous – nuclei are closer together and we turn a disadvantage into an advantage – by using the opportunity to apply active electromagnetic binding and stabilization also.

“Neutronium would be perfect, if we had drives capable of, literal, infinite power. Stealth is nearly irrelevant, because when we are emitting stellar power levels from the ion drive, we’re approximately as visible as if we did.”

The chief looked back around his audience and grinned sardonically.

“Until that happy day, we will employ as much as we have the mass budget for. Those of you who have no head for numbers may wish to leave now. Now consider a material structure of composition…”
Last edited by Thrashia on Sat May 21, 2016 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

New Terminus
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Ione Salvage

Postby New Terminus » Mon May 23, 2016 2:25 am

Ione System - Javin Sector
~1AMC
Ione Salvage

The airlock cycled open, the hefty bulkhead locks before parting in the middle slowly to reveal the interior of the ship. Malak Fornost peered into the interior of the Lucrehulk freighter and impromptu salvage vessel, noting the particular smell of ozone and grease intermingled with the recycled air that kept the entire crew alive. On the other side of the airlock door stood the Captain of the vessel Jannis Gornol a Tall human with weathered features and a brilliant white beard. Next to him stood a Neimoidian, Nashar Tyko a representative of the Trade Federation who had kindly loaned several of its freighters for the salvaging operations that were currently happening across the Javin Sector.

Behind them stood two stood two BX Commando droids their blasters held in a relaxed fashion. their optical sensors locked squarely on him and his own pair of human Navy marines that had accompanied him on the journey from Terminus itself. Stepping through the threshold Malak watched as Jannis smiled stepping forward giving him a curt bow before expanding his hand out to shake Malak’s “Welcome to Ione Admiral Fornost, I trust your trip was pleasant?”

“Pleasant enough makes a change travelling via shuttle than on the Ludicrous” Malak smiled back shaking the Captains hand. he turned to Nashar Tyko who had remained a step back nervously rubbing his hands together.

“Once again Admiral I must apologise that we could not receive you on the hangar deck instead of one of the external air locks, but as you can imagine there is very little room to move on down there at the moment.” Janis apologised as he moved aside to allow Malak to address the Neimoidian.

“Not a problem Im just interested to see whats been found, aaaah Nashar a pleasure to finally meet you please convey my thanks and the Navies thanks to the Trade Federation and their assistance in these matters” Malak spoke to try and calm the Neimoidian, He had very little love for the Trade Federation they had to many fingers in to many pots of the old Conglomerate and now they were weaving their long fidgety fingers into the Confederacy as well. Still the conquest of the Javin sector and with things tense over at Eriadu the Navy had very little left in reserve to perform cleanup operations in the Javin sector.

The Trade Federation and several other mega corporations had offered to assist in the clean up of the massive wrecks that were prominent in many systems now. For a fee and some access to any technology that may be of benefit. Nashar seemed to calm almost instantly he cupped his hands into a ball and made a respectful long bow. “No thanks are necessary Admiral Fornost, the Confederate navy is a valued partner anything we can do to help our biggest benefactors is never to much.

Malak Feigned a smile and bowed to Nashar, Neimoidians were spineless if they weren't excellent backroom dealers there was no way their Trade Federation would have ever managed to become so powerful… at least before the conclave tried to tear them apart for their aborted attempt to blockade Naboo. Still they had the ships big enough to handle the sheer volume of ship wreckage that was floating around stars in the Javin sector. The liberation of the sector from the Huntear
occupation had been quite costly. Their ships and fighters had proven to be quite superior something the old Conglomerate intelligence network failed to pick up on. If it wasn't for the disruption of the massive uprisings from the local non human populations in the sector the navies efforts may have ended in defeat of the conglomerate and the Confederacy might never have been born.

Malak was keen not to make the same mistakes in the future, the Huntearians had allies and it stood to reason that they were using much of the same technology. The Galactic Imperium was a threat to the new Confederacy of Independent Systems just as much as the Empire of Thrashia was. Malak has made the case that they could learn a lot from the wrecks of Huntear ships and possibly reverse engineer the technology that had made them superior in the first place finally putting the CIS on an equal footing at least militarily.

“If you would like to follow me Admiral” Jannis started taking his attention away from Nashar. “The team you sent has been working tirelessly to get one of captured viper fighters working. Your chief engineer also has some interesting theories on the armour their vessels used. I assume your eager to find out why they are so excited?” Jannis motioned for Malak to follow him down the corridor.

The Ione system had been the site of a particularly fierce battle between the Confederate forces and the Hunterian’s. After the liberation os the Isde Naha System, the empire fell back and made a stand in the Ione System. Malak had not been part of the battle or the operation he had been tasked with keeping the Atravis sector and the sectors surrounding it secure from any potential threat from the Thrashian’s. Now with the re-organisation happening across the new Confederate fleet he had been put in command of Naval Advanced Research Section or NAVARS for short.

He had read the after action reports, he had read how the Huntaer fighter craft vastly out manoeuvred the x-wings and Aurek Strike craft the Confederacy was fielding. He had read how the Armour of the enemy Capital ships had meant that even when Confederate vessels managed to take down their shields they continued to stay in the fight much longer than everything the Confederacy could field with the exception of the Bulwark Battlecruisers. So he had made it his mission to ensure that the Confederacy was on par with any of the other major powers of the galaxy. The Galactic Imperium threatened the Confederacy on one border and the Thrashians
on another. The Confederacy needed all the advantages it could get and to quickly close the technological gap that was present.

The first steps to this was to see what put his enemies ahead of him and to reverse engineer it and eventually improve on it. This meant salvaging what was left of the huntearian wreckage and that was why he was here in Ione. The trip through the Lucrehulk was long but straight to the point, the massive Trade Federation haulers were roughly the same size as a star destroyer in length but their height and radius have them a much much larger internal super structure that took a while to get across even with turbo lifts capable of taking you any direction you pleased. It was the main reason the Conglomerate long before the confederacy had started buying Lucrehulks in bulk and converting them into the Lucrehulk battleships that were starting to become common place in the new Confederate Navy. They were capable of mounting many more guns than a Star destroyer along with a huge fighter compliment allowing for a relatively cheap warship which was capable of standing its ground against the Star Destroyers of the Thrashings and Imperials.

The Turbo lift doors opened with a soft tone revealing the cavernous hangar deck that was abuzz with activity. It looked like a scrap yard with bits of destroyed hardware placed all over, with cranes overhead moving large pieces of hull section and guns. Broken vipers were strewn all over with teams of mechanics stripping them down to find out what they were made of. Jannis lead the way weaving through the crews of trade federation mechanics and droids carrying pieces of salvage from one point to the other. They weaved for a little longer until Jannis lead them into an opening he stopped and turned to Malek with one of the largest grins he had ever seen.

Before them stood a Gun Star, a Huntearian gunboat. Its hull was riddled with blaster holes but it mostly stood intact on its landing gear. From the battle reports Malek had read the Gun Star had been immobilised by a concentrated Ion barrage then boarded by a company of marines. Several crew members were working away on the outside cranes were removing Gauss cannons whilst a single figure came down on of the loading bay ramps. Aliaz Yongar was a Confederate Engineer and the head of the salvaging operations in the Ione System. She was a female Thakwaash at 6ft ‘8 tall she towered over most of her staff and engineers. He wondered what frame of mind she was currently. The Thakwaash were unique in that they had multiple personalities each one specific to a job or a social function making them very hard to read and exceptionally good at what ever their current personality was specialised in.

“Admiral,” she spoke looking down at him and Jannis. “Thank you for letting me tinker with this gun star it has been very informative.”

Malek nodded, she was very tall and had an air of coolant about her that fitted in with the grease stained overhauls she was sporting. A stark contrast to his pristine uniform. “You very welcome chief engineer, plenty more out there floating in space for you once your finished here, tell me what have we learned so far”

Aliaz nodded a curt nod pulling a data slate from her overalls back pocket, “Ill have a full report for you by the end of the week for you but what we have so far is still very interesting. The enemy armour is using a form of Durasteel Alloy that we previously didn't know about, Its lighter and more durable than anything our ships use meaning they are able to put have more layers of armour for the same tonnage. I would need look further into it but i believe with some time we will be able to replicate the process and start applying the same armour principles.”

Aliaz paused for a moment as she flicked to another section of her findings. “Ah here we are, as you are no doubt aware the Huntearians relied heavily on kinetic weapons which were… very effective against our vessels shielding systems.” Her eyes flicked to Malek as if trying to reassure herself that she had not said anything to offend him. He had read the reports and came to the same conclusions himself. He had not been involved in the campaign so whilst he did not enjoy reading reports of his sides ships being destroyed or heavily damaged, he had no adverse feelings to hearing the facts laid out bare for him. He nodded motioning for her to continue.

“I have not had enough to to thoroughly study the mechanisms and munitions used by the Huntearians but I believe there are some tweaks we can make to existing shield systems on all Confederate vessels to make them much more resistant to Kinetic weaponry. As for their strike craft the reports i read suggested we had very limited success in combatting them due to their small profile and very nimble structure… I was impressed by their ability to turn on a point whilst still moving along their vectored trust without turning their pilots to mush. We may not be able to reverse engineer their strike craft technology for some time but i have had some ideas on ways we can maybe mimic their strike craft agility.”

Malek nodded slowly looking to both Jannis and the Neimoidian Nashar Tyko who had no doubt been taking mental notes all the way through in order to maybe get an edge in the coming contracts that the confederacy would be putting out based on the findings in the wreckage. He knew however that Aliaz had left some important information out. There had been reports of material matter transfer systems aboard many of the vessels in the Huntear fleet very fragile and most had been damaged beyond repair in the battles. It would take years to piece together a working module never mind understand the principles behind it but the implications of being able to transfer matter from one point to another in the galaxy has far reaching connotations that he simply could not ignore and could now allow to fall into civilians hands just yet.

“Now Admiral….” Alias spoke one more time. “Would you like a tour around your new ship?”
Last edited by New Terminus on Mon May 23, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terminus Factbook - FT

Puppet of: Arch Islands for use in SWG Galaxy

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents