NATION

PASSWORD

Klentian Aggregated Press

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Klentian Aggregated Press

Postby East Klent » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:50 pm

• Welcome!

Welcome to the Klentian Aggregated Press (KAP), "We bring you all the news that's fit to cover*".

• Mission Statement

It is our goal to represent the various news media of Klent to the world and to report on the stories affecting Klentians as well as the citizens of the world everyday.

• About Us

Originally, KAP was the brainchild of the executives of several news organizations who wanted to expand their companies' exposure to the international community. Unfortunately, due to the continual state of war that existed within Klent until recently, KAP had to close its doors. Following the conclusion of the Independence War in 2010, the newspapers, magazines and networks that remained came together to carry on the torch of KAP's purpose by signing the Press United Charter in 2012, essentially reestablishing KAP.

Since then, KAP has been printing, broadcasting and airing the news of the Klentian Republic to the world and vice versa. Now the headlines of The Klent Tribune, The Williamsburg Post, and others can be read in cities all over the globe. The trustworthy anchors of TNN, NPN, Federation News and News Flash may now bring fair and balanced news to people everywhere.

KAP is also a news service in our own right with independent journalists who bring you the stories with just the same level of commitment and quality as the companies who formed it. We keep the powerful in check with our investigative reporting, and you, the people keep us in check by telling us how to improve ourselves.

At KAP, our first priority is the people, for they decide how the news in interpreted and thus, how it will affect the world.

• Archives

Here you will find some of our earlier stories; they are sorted chronologically and by company:

• Our Members

• Members of the Board

This website is sponsored in part by The Klent Tribune Company, The Klent Times, Paper Corp, Post Holdings, Qua Incorporated, and the Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014

*And some that isn't.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 am

Excerpt from;

ISSUE 213
FRIDAY AUGUST 1, 2014
VOLUME IX

CONNER TRIAL BEGINS

Alleged terrorist and traitor, Nicholas Conner, testifying on his own behalf.

WRITTEN BY:
Clara Dwight

...Nicholas Conner, a war hero turned fugitive is now on trial.

Having been believed to be killed in action as a Sergeant during the Western Cuban invasion in 1994, Conner revealed to the world that he was indeed alive when he allegedly bombed the Capitol Building in 2000. Ever since then, he's been a fugitive being just barely out of the authorities' grasp committing several more acts of terror, until now.

Conner was detained after a firefight with INTERPOL agents in the nation of New Edom a little over a year ago. The arresting agent, while their identity has been withheld from the media, is believed to be related to Conner, but these claims have as of yet gone unsubstantiated. The preliminary hearing on Wednesday took an interesting turn when Conner's court-appointed counsel, Willard Norrison, entered a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity and a motion for Conner to be the first witness called in the trial, circumventing the commonly held practice of the prosecution making its case first. Yet, as Norrison pointed out, that practice does not have any foundation in law. The judge sided with the defense, granting Conner the right to defend himself before being prosecuted.

The trial itself started at noon yesterday with Conner's testimony highlighting the day's events. Though reporters inside the courtroom were only allowed to take photos, they did relay that Conner appeared ill at ease and was having difficulty explaining what he dubbed his 'mental conditioning' after he was supposedly captured by Western cuban soldiers twenty years ago. It would appear that the defense is grasping at straws, but in adherence to this paper's ideal of balanced news, we shall continue to put Mr. Conner in as fair a light as possible.

While he is charged with numerous counts of murder, assault, espionage, grand larceny and treason, there are several more international incidents that Conner is allegedly connected to that would only be prosecuted under the guise of the now defunct International Criminal Court: the assassination of Stoniasoan MP Lorenzo Arlio in 2000, a 2003 bank robbery and bombing in Stoniaso, the 2005 hijacking of a foreign (undisclosed) military aircraft, an attempted assassination of a Mostrovite official in 2011, not to mention the rampage in New Edom just this past year.

Some wonder if this trial will receive the attention it's due, being overshadowed by the political sparring between Willows administration and the government of New Klent. Come what may, this case has already made history and will certainly make more as it continues...
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project

The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sun May 10, 2015 11:54 am

SECRET WAR

Williamsburg, D.K., Klent 11/05/2014 - "Good afternoon, I'm Paul Foster and this is a TNN special broadcast as we bring you breaking news. In a press statement released by Secretary of Defense & Security Franklin Gerrald, it has been revealed that the recent military activity in the nation of Brasilistan has been carried out by the Klentian Armed Forces. News of the recent bombings and skirmishes from the country had been explained as a coup, but today we've learned that it was a campaign to stop the kidnapping of our citizens into slavery.

Operation Odyssey Rise as it has been officially named, was the response of the Klentian Military to the kidnapping of tourists in Brasilistan by the country's government and forcing them to work in appalling conditions in the nation's diamond mines. Apparently all diplomatic overtures were ignored, forcing President Willows to order military action. What were initially reported as wild fires last week were actually the result of napalm being dropped by the Air Force. The bombings were followed by special forces being deployed to the capitol, taking out the dictatorial government and military command."

A Falcon X-22 fighter jet from the aircraft carrier UKS Terris refueling above a Brasilistani military compound.

"The remnants of the Brasilistani forces battled with Klentian troops for the ensuing week. They were overwhelmed and surrendered last night, and there were minimal civilian casualties according to Secretary Gerrald's statement. Free elections to replace the ousted government are reportedly scheduled to take place next month

Despite the seeming justification for military action and the resounding success thereof, the questions remain; why did the administration keep the two-week long war a secret? How were they able to keep such a large operation covert in an age where nothing is secret? With the next presidential election coming in a year's time, these questions will certainly take center stage, and President Willows unprecedented popularity will be tested.

We are being told that there will be a press conference at the Executive House regarding Operation Odyssey Rise tomorrow at noon. The president will be taking questions. May we will get the answers we seek then. In a nation whose history is filled with government deceit, this may have not been the wisest decision on the administrations part."

This broadcast has been brought to you by Turner News Network, A Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Tue May 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Excerpt from;

ISSUE 310
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2014
VOLUME XXII

Stuart Stands Against Willows

Governor Nathan Stuart criticized President Cash Willows.

WRITTEN BY:
Bill Tanner

...Over the past several weeks, the leadership of the colony of New Klent and the Willows administration have been sparring over the issue of statehood. Even though the president approved a referendum that has since passed in favor of statehood for the colony, he has seemed to be hesitant on the issue, even citing possible advantages for New Klent to remain a colony. Governor Nathan Stuart (R-NK) has made no secret of the president's stance and openly called him a coward at a press function last month. The Executive House responded to this by citing Willows' record as a hero during the Jlop and Independence Wars and demanding an apology. Stuart did amend his statement saying that the president was acting cowardly on the subject of statehood; this did little to appease the president's supporters.

Fuel was added to the fire yesterday when Secretary Franklin Gerrald of Defense & Security revealed that Klent had taken military action against Brasilistan two weeks ago. The nation's government was kidnapping Klentian tourists and forcing them to work in diamond mines, so the action has been seen as justified, but the fact that the administration had kept it secret from the public has had no end of criticism. Such an operation would have had overwhelming public support, so why did they feel the need to keep it quiet?

Governor Stuart provided an answer in a press conference outside of his residence yesterday evening, "Instead of trusting the people he's supposed to serve, President Willows went behind our backs and carried out a full scale invasion. He ignored the democratic process and commanded our brave soldiers as though he were an emperor. He has proven time and again that he cares not for the people but only for himself. It is time for Willows' empire to fall."

Critics of Stuart have condemned his words as treason. Pundits have said that the governor could be hinting at a presidential run in the new year. We shall learn what the truth is when the president gives his scheduled press conference at noon today...

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Wed May 13, 2015 10:02 am

President Willows Speaks

Executive House 11/06/2014 - "We're here in the East Room of the Executive House where President Willows will address the revelations of a secret military campaign against the country of Brasilistan carried out over the past two weeks. He might also address the remarks of Governor Nathan Stuart of New Klent, who seemingly called for his removal from office. New Press Secretary Emily Gerrald will introduce the president."

"The president has been accused of bypassing Congress as well as the Klentian people, and as such his near perfect approval rating has declined greatly. At the beginning of October, President Willows had an approval rating of ninety-five percent; in a TNN/PRC poll conducted soon after the Brasilistani revelation, the president's approval has dropped drastically to forty-eight percent. This will undoubtedly affect the landscape for the upcoming election in 2015... We're getting word now the the president is about to arrive..."

"Hello everyone; the president will address the nature of Operation Odyssey Rise; questions will be taken at a later briefing at the Defense & Security Department. So here now, the President of the United Republic of Klent."

"Thank you, Emily. My fellow Klentians, as you are now aware, I ordered the bombing and siege of strategic areas of Brasilistan. I did not make this decision lightly, as I do every time I place our brave men and women in harms way. However action had to be taken as our innocent citizens were being forced into slavery by the Brasilistani government. This atrocity had to be stopped and I saw to it that it was. Despite erroneous reports that I bypassed Congress, I did consult the gang of six, and they agreed with my reasoning; Klentians were dieing, and they needed to be rescued."

"Our people were not the only ones suffer, though. The Brasilistani citizens had too long been oppressed by the dictatorial government, and I could not in good conscious save a few and leave so many to die. That is why I sent in special forces to take down the evil leadership. The remaining loyalist forces surrendered to our troops at 1400 hours or two o' clock Tuesday afternoon. All Klentians have been brought back home, the living and the dead. There were limited Brasilistani civilian casualties, and the native democratic movement have indeed taken power and have scheduled elections within the next month."

"I decided to keep the initial bombing and landing secret so that enemy forces would be taken by surprise. My reasoning to keep the rest of Operation Odyssey Rise was prevent the families of those taken from worrying. No one should have to go through the fear of not knowing whether or not their loved ones are dead. Instead the families are now happily being reunited."

"I took a militaristic approach to a military situation. I used my experience in the Army and took command of that situation. If that makes me a coward, if that makes me a tyrant, then you should elect someone else. I did what I thought was right and in the end lives were saved. Let us rejoice that our people have come home. May God bless them, and may God bless us all. Thank you."

"President Willows has confirmed the attack on Brasilistan, gave the reason why his administration kept it secret; he said it was to keep the hostages' families from worrying. He also announced that all Klentians have returned. We will see what the reaction will be of the president's opponents and the Klentian people in the following hours, stay tuned for that coverage."

This broadcast has been brought to you by National People News, A Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Thu May 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Secretary Franklin Gerrald confirms that Operation Odyssey Rise was kept secret to protect the families of those taken.

Klent's 'Fact of the Week' has been brought to you by Turner News Network, A Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Fri May 15, 2015 7:14 pm

"Hello everybody, I'm TV's Nate Gunderson and it is Late Tonight!"

"We got a great show for you tonight, we have award winning actress Sophia Gearheart talking about her upcoming show 'IQ', renowned news anchorman Paul Foster and we have The Reverend Eli Finnegan performing their new hit single 'That Girl'."

"Paul's gonna talk about what he thinks of the latest revelations from the Willows administration; I tell you, the last time I heard of a secret war was when my wife hid the remote and told me it was stolen. After a week of no TV, I almost started an insurgency of my own, if you catch my drift..."

Muted laughter

"Yeah, that was bad, I know. But back to the president; the hero, the legend, started a war and didn't tell anyone apparently. I know he was in the army and all, gung-ho and everything, but he has to know there's a rule book right? I mean... hold on, that's right, there's no rulebook. The guy promised a constitution and here we are four years later without one... and then he declares a secret war... hey, he's a smart one our president. H made himself just popular enough so he can just do whatever, man I wish I did that, then I could do nothing but sit around and talk all night."

Silence

"Oh, wait..."

Mild Laughter

"As lame as I might be, I'm no where near as lame as the excuse the President gave for keeping everything on the down low today. I mean really? Keeping the families from worrying? Um, when the people didn't come home and hadn't called for days, you think they might've figured it out then, do you? Who does he think he was fooling? I've had better excuses for being naked and drunk in an interns roo... never mind."

Chuckling

"I do respect the fella, he did great things in the War, but c'mon, you gotta admit he's slipping; he seems to be letting himself go, look for yourself, here's a recent picture of President Willows,"

Hysterical laughter

"Ah, actually that might not be the right one, ugh, I hope not, do we have another one? There you go, this is the president after hearing Governor Stuart's critiques,"

More Laughter

"I think the pressure of the office my be getting to him, can't think why... Odyssey Rise? More like Willows Smash..."

"In all seriousness people, I might kid, I might jest, but our government lied to us. Something like this hasn't happened since the Monarchy, and we all now how that went,"

Cheering

"Well, that's enough hard-hitting news; after the break the beautiful and talented Sophia Gearheart..."

This broadcast has been brought to you by Turner Comedy Channel, A Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:15 am

NEWS FLASH

Statehood Bill Passed
Congress has passed the New Klent Statehood Act (Capitol Building pictured).

Today, November 9, 2014, the New Klent Statehood Act (H.R. 2678) has been passed by all three houses of Congress. This is a major leap forward in the Colony's three decade journey towards statehood. The movement started in 1992 only to be interrupted by the invasion of Western Cuba, and in order to protect New Klent, the Williams administration ordered all documents relating to the Colony destroyed. It was also kept secret from the Mostrovites after they invaded in 2002. Interest in statehood was renewed in 2011 following the victorious outcome of the Independence War. The Willows administration has seemed hesitant to fully support the action, while being careful to not come outright against it. The Democratic plurality failed to defeat the bill as the Republicans and Unionists, along with a few Democratic defectors out voted them in Parliament, the House and the Senate.

The bill now goes to President Willows for his signature or veto. With the looming 2015 presidential election and the Brasilistanian affair, all eyes will be on the Executive house today.

This message has been broadcasted to you by News Flash, A Paper Corps. Channel.
All rights reserved.
©2014
Last edited by East Klent on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:36 am

Excerpt from;

ISSUE 314-E
MONDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2014
VOLUME XXX

EXTRA: VETO

Pundits consider the President's Veto the latest shot fired in the war of words between Williamsburg and McCurterton.

WRITTEN BY:
Frank Georgeson

WILLIAMSBURG, D.K. - It would appear that we are not adding a 31st state to our union. President Cash Willows (D-WB) vetoed the New Klent Statehood Act (H.R. 2678) this morning after it had been passed by congress in a special Sunday vote with tripartisian support. This move is certain to further strain the president's relationship with congress and is nothing short of a shot off the bow towards Governor Nathan Stuart (R-NK). The two have been lashing out at each other in the press over the issue of statehood shortly after Willows entered office in 2012. The Brasilistani War fanned the flames of their war of words with Stuart vehemently condemning the president's secretiveness about the conflict.

Several high profile Republicans, such as Speaker of the House Suzanne Randolph of Erain, Governor Robert Dockard, and Senator William Jones of South Island came out against the veto with Dockard going so far as to call it "...tantamount to treason!". Former President Ramon Jupoi (U-CA) also opposed Willows' decision citing his record of welcoming three new states during almost four years in office. While a few Democrats did vote in favor of H.R. 2678, none have yet to go on record against the president.

It seemed only a year ago that President Willows would be nigh invincible going into 2015, but with Brasilistan and the veto, his political armor is beginning to crack.

Governor Stuart provided feedback of his own in another one of his famous press conferences outside of his residence, "This veto... this insult to the people of this great land that I and many of you came to in the hopes of a fresh start almost thirty years ago, is further evidence that President Willows is establishing himself as an imperial president, bent on keeping his power. He has yet again ignored the voice of the people is is charged with serving to the best of his ability. He's a liar and a tyrant. If he's reelected... well, we may just have to up and leave."

Many have interpreted Stuart's words as allusions to succeeding from the United Republic. Such action would inevitably lead to civil war, a war that the Klentian people can not afford, physically or emotionally...
Last edited by East Klent on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:50 am

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Jones Speaks

Capitol Building, Williamsburg, D.K. 11/12/2014 - "Good day, I'm Paul Foster and this is TNN. We have some breaking news for you this afternoon; in a statement released to the press just a few minutes ago, Senator William Jones will be holding a press conference in front of the Senate Chamber in just a few moments. We are told by the Senator's staff that he will be joined by fellow Senator George Blackwood of Erain, Congressman Duke Larringsight of Franklin and Unionist Congresswoman Shauna Kemper of Hark.

We are also told that the Senator will be responding to his former running-mate Governor Dockard's bid for president and the ongoing political turmoil caused by the Brasilistan intervention and the Statehood Veto. Since Governor Dockard was the Senator's running-mate in the 2011 election, we expect him to voice his support and may go so far as to even endorse the Governor...

We are being told that Senator Jones is walking out now..."

Sen. Jones (R-SI, center) speaks while he's flanked by Sen. Blackwood (R-ER, right), and Rep. Larringsight (R-FK, left)

"Good afternoon. As many of you are aware, my former running-mate Governor Robert Dockard announced his intention to run for president in next year's election. He's a capable man and he is firm in his convictions, and as such I believe he would make a perfectly acceptable president... in the past."

"Governor Dockard is holding on to the values of the past, and in government we must look forward the future. In 2011, I ran opposing the right of same-sex couples to marry. It may surprise many of you that I did not personally believe in that position. I was forced to adhere to the party's platform, and in the process, damaged many friendships, friendships with members of the LGBTQ community. I believe that the government has no say in the institution of marriage, just as President Henry McCurter did when he declared that all people of all walks of life shall be treated equal under the law. The Republican Party has taken issue with a topic that has been dealt with decades ago. Same-sex couples all over the country have been performing the full measure of devotion with those they hold most dear for years; my message to the Republicans, deal with it."

"Denying people fundamental rights is the very reason Morris Williams lead the overthrow against the Badinian Monarchy. To do so is unpatriotic, and to use the Governor's words, 'tantamount to treason.'"

"Governor Dockard has also criticized the president over his handling of Klent's response to the Brasilistani atrocities. Now, I have no problem with advocating for government transparency, but when doing so puts lives at risk and threatens national security, that is too high a price. Also, the president was well within his rights to use military intervention, and unlike my colleague has asserted, President Willows did not in fact bypass the democratic process, he did seek the consul of the Gang of Six, I being a member. All of us, elected members of Congress, agreed with the intervention."

"Also, while I agree the president should respect the result of the referendum regarding New Klent's status, Governor Nathan Stuart's threat of secession is an over reaction, for such action would be detrimental to all of us."

"There are many areas, however, that I believe the president is making the wrong choices and putting our country down a bad path. I also believe that he and those in his administration have been negligent is some of their duties. Our embassy program for instance; we used to have one of the best and most prolific diplomatic services in the world, but Secretary Rienburg has closed the ambassadorial exchange indefinitely, seriously harming our international relations. Meanwhile the administration has not deemed it necessary to formally pull out of the many inactive alliances and organizations that Klent has been a member of over the years. Many having flamed out of existence before President Willows took office. Still being bound by some of these treaties subject us to fees that in all good sense should not be being paid, contributing to the unprecedentedly high tax rates."

"Yet, the president himself is guilty of the worst negligence; he has ignored the promise of the Treaty of Williamsburg, and has done nothing to bring about a constitution for Klent. Yes, the majority of Congress is also partially responsible and that is why I along with many of my fellow legislators from all three parties have banded together to form a new political party. For too long have the Klentian people suffered from inaction and bickering, too long have we endured the hostility and complacence of those in power, to long has the system that should be to the benefit of all Klentians has just benefited the few, too long has government been inefficient."

"That is why today, ladies and gentlemen I announce to you that I am running for president, based on the ideals of liberty and security that our great nation was built on. I and our new party, the New Republicans, will make government responsible and efficient, smart and accountable, for the people and by the people."

"Governor Dockard and those like him are blinded by the old ways of a bygone era, today we bring you a new vision for a new era; an era of prosperity, unity and honesty."

"Now being a new party, it'll be an uphill battle, but I know the spirit of the Klentian people, and such battles are no stranger to us, we can and we will do it, and come election day we shall be victorious! God bless you and God bless the United Republic of Klent!"

"Wow. If you're just joining us, Senator William Jones, the Republican nominee for president in the 2011 election has just announced the creation of a new political party, the New Republicans, condemning supposed stagnation caused by the current parties. He also announced his candidacy for president and apparently has support from members of the other parties. This is certainly a shock to all of us, and will undeniably change the landscape of the emerging 2015 race.

We here at TNN shall continue to bring you the latest coverage on all the issues facing Klent..."

This broadcast has been brought to you by Turner News Network, A Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014
Last edited by East Klent on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 pm

I know they're the wrong animals, that's not the point, just read.

Editor's note: Nancy Shepard is a political commentator, author and comedian who formerly worked for the newspaper The Klent Tribune. The views expressed are her own.

Well, if you're a political junkie-nerd-for-hire like I am, you probably heard that history was made yesterday. We got a new party! YAY! Not excited? Maybe the name will get you roused; the New Republicans. Yeah... not exactly innovative, I grant you, but it was created by Williams Jones, a 70 year-old Senator from South Island, how creative do you think he was gonna be, really?

But what was creative was the new logo for the infant party. I also happen to be a history buff and have a fetish for graphic art, so I figured it would be prudent to explain to you the history behind each of the parties' symbols, and if that sound boring to you then you can just go... to another article.

1. The Newcomers

I might as well start off with the newbies. Considered to be Centre-Right, the New Republic Party chose for their symbol a simplistic, two-dimensional orange buck. When asked about it, Senator George Blackwood of Erain they chose the color orange because it has historically symbolized enthusiasm, creativity, success and freedom, all values that the new party wants to promote. It also represents a sense of general wellness and emotional energy that is shared, representing the new bond between the former Unionists, Democrats and Republicans that formed the party.

The choice to have the buck looking forward is said to symbolize the New Republicans vision of the future that Senator Jones professed in is announcement speech yesterday. In a comic turn, when asked why a buck of all things, Blackwood chuckled, "A few of us were at lunch trying think of something when Senator Jones said 'we need something that says we buck against the establishment... a-ha!'" He continued laughing for several minutes, so the interview kinda ended there. It is also worth noting that the buck and the bull, the symbol of the Republican Party, are not entirely dissimilar, visually speaking.

So it would appear that the new part is flying by the seat of its pants. Nothing new for Klent.

Currently Running: Senator William Jones of South Island

2. The Old Guard

The party that has recently been called 'socially backward' and is firmly Right-Wing, has been around since just after the birth of the Republic. The conservative wing of the Unionist party broke away soon after the first presidential election in 1980. They chose the bull in reference to the bull market. Their focus at their time of inception was building the Klentian economy with free-market capitalism and fiscal conservatism. Needless to say, the party's focus has... shifted, to say the least.

The color red was chosen because it represents leadership, prosperity and self-preservation, the last being a major concern during the Republic's youth.

To date, the Republican Party has had only one president, Andrew Terris in 1993 during the invasion of Western Cuba, following the death of President Morris Williams (1981-1993). However, he was soon killed himself and succeeded by democrat Henry McCurter (1993-2008).

Currently Running: Governor Robert Dockard of South Island

3. The Dominators

The Centre-Left Democratic Party has dominated the political landscape since the 1994 Mid-Term elections after the Articles of Occupation were signed. They've had majorities in all three houses of Congress, uninterrupted for the most part, since then. Founded by the liberals and libertarians of the Unionist Party, such as Benjamin Mason and future President McCurter shortly after the conservative exodus.

The symbolic animal chosen was the lion, because it symbolizes wisdom and the might of thunder and lightning. This was evidently a clairvoyant choice on the founding members' part seeing as how both their presidents, McCurter and incumbent President Cash Willows (2012-), are widely regarded as sage statesmen and have brought the almighty force of the Klentian military upon our enemies when necessary.

Blue was the color of choice for the Democrats because it was the color of wisdom, inspiration and expansion, the last being a cornerstone in the Democratic platform from the get-go, whether is was territorial, economical or something else. Needless to say, they seem to be spot on with regard to their goals.

Currently Running: President Cash Willows from Williamsburg (presumed)

4. The Founders

In the dead Center, we have the Unionist Party. The etymology of the party is rooted in the Revolution that lead to the Overthrow of the Badinian Monarchy. Supporters of the Revolution and then General Morris Williams called themselves Unionists for mostly two reasons. The first being that the event that sparked the Revolution was the massacre of hundred of striking steelworkers in Hark City January 10, 1978. The revolutionaries called themselves Unionists as a tribute to those who died. The second reason was that they campaigned across the country, attempting to unify the people behind the movement; their promotion of unity added to the Unionist moniker. They remained as a political group after the Overthrow and while President Williams himself was opposed to partisan politics, they claimed him as their president and he ran on their ticket.

Their symbol has been the national animal, the Qua Tiger, ever since the Revolution. The party formally made the image of a Qua Tiger leaping forward their official emblem, the one currently featured on the national flag. Its transference to the flag happened in 2008 when President Ramon Jupoi (2008-2012) took power after the death of McCurter in 2008. Since it became the symbol of the nation, the leaping tiger was swapped for the current prowling tiger as the face of the Unionist Party.

The party swapped maroon for green, for after the Republicans and Democrats gutted their ranks, they were no longer the national party, and felt that as such, they could no longer claim the national color, which maroon was at the time. For them, green meant renewal, hope and ambition, qualities they desperately needed in order to recover from the partisan schism.

Currently Running: TBA

If you've made it this far into the article and are still awake, great! Thanks for being one of the few other people in this world interested in this kind of stuff. If you didn't make it this far, then you wouldn't be reading this part, and so it's pointless to continue talking about it.

A four way race for the presidency will certainly make the election intensely competitive and will surely set numerous precedents. Oh, and before we go, let's look at just one more;

Bonus: The Holdouts

That's right ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Monarchists are still here, for whatever deranged reason. They, unfortunately, did not go quietly into the night after their disastrous revolt in 2007. They are apparently lead by the brother of High Adviser Justinian Cathos, Julius. The former died in prison in 2009, where he was sentenced by the Jupoi administration on charges of treason. Justinian became the leader of the Monarchists after pretender King Lethos died in battle.

The still use the colors of the Badinian flag, with the black Klentite Steed has their symbol. The black is used to represent the power of the King, the fear he struck in the hearts of enemies and the aggression that any enemy force would face if they dared challenged the King's power. The Steed was the epiphany of the nobility, grace and strength that the Badinians coveted.

Its not much of a stretch to assume that they don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of gaining any ground in the election, or any election for that matter; not a single member has ever held any kind of office since the Overthrow.

Currently Running: 'King' Julius Cathos of Hark

This essay has been posted for you by National People News, A Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Excerpt from;

ISSUE 328
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2014
VOLUME X

The Two Willows'

Willows the candidate and Willows the President certainly have their differences.

WRITTEN BY:
Guest Editorialist Paul Foster

...Over the past several days, we have seen the vast differences between the promises of a candidate and the policies of a president. While on the campaign trail in 2011, then nominee Cash Willows ran against the death penalty and for gun control. His administration, however, has been growing ever more libertarian on guns and have completely ignored the death penalty issue altogether as bluntly pointed out by Governor Robert Dockard in his announcement speech Tuesday. Also, the great orator has seem to have lost some of his charm as of late, with his defense of the secrecy of Operation Odyssey Rise seeming lackluster and pained. No where could the man who told us to follow the "desire to succeed" be found at last Thursday's press conference.

During the 2011 election, Williows was the darling of the Democratic Party's liberal wing, yet his policies have quite the libertarian streak. For example, he let the Automatic Gun Registration Act expire, much to the dismay of gun control advocates. And while he oversaw the final transition of western cities from Prussian control, he is in obvious opposition to the admittance of New Klent to the republic. Why is this? The economic advantages of keeping it a colony pale in comparison to those of statehood. The move would add billions of Klentos in taxes, and the citizens of New Klent would have full representation in Congress. This being said, the alleged threats of succession being made by Governor Nathan Stuart are uncalled for and pose an unnecessary threat to national security and unity.

The disparity between Willows' campaign promises and his actions as president are what are now known as 'the Two Willows'. The term originally coined early in the president's term, at first meant his appearance as an academic preferring diplomacy for the most part, and the shrewd military strategist who was not afraid to use force when necessary. Now it serves as a reminder of the perplexing disappointment caused by the president's recent decisions.

Will the old Willows show himself again as we head into the next election cycle? Only time will tell...
Last edited by East Klent on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Original artwork by AMOM.
The Embassy Program has been reopened by Foreign Affairs Secretary Rienburg.

Klent's 'Fact of the Week' has been brought to you by Turner News Network, A Turner & Warren Corporation.
All rights reserved.
©2014
Last edited by East Klent on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:11 am

Willows Runs Again

Saunders, Williamsburg 11/16/2014 - "Good afternoon, I'm Stacy Cromwell filling in for Paul Foster who's out on a story. This is a TNN special broadcast as we bring you breaking news. In just a few moments, President Willows shall speak live from the the Saunders City Hall in Williamsburg state. Saunders is the president's hometown, so many speculate that this coupled with the recent announcements of Governor Dockard and Senator Jones, that the president will announce that he will be seeking reelection in 2015. This has been long assumed since early on in his first term.

With the recent criticism coming from all ends of the political spectrum, it will be interesting to see how the president will address these issues... We're getting word now from our local affiliate that President Willows is coming out..."

President Cash Willows makes his announcement from the steps of City Hall in Saunders, WB.

"Thank you, all of you, for coming out today. Many of you, just like Maria and I, just came out of church on this Sabbath day, and seeing how this is supposed to be a day of rest, I promise I won't take too long."

"Today's service caused me to reflect on these past four years. I was sort of coaxed in to running the first time, I mean, I barely had any political experience and after the, frankly frustrating, process of getting the Treaty of Williamsburg written and signed and two years of war, getting into politics was the last thing I wanted. Yet, you, the Klentian people, convinced me otherwise."

"Together we pulled ourselves out of the rubble of the Independence War and transformed into a global power within two years. Two years; if that is not a testament to the will of this nation, then I don't know what is. Our economy has grown exponentially in these past four years, and continues to do so, creating more and more jobs and cementing our place on the international stage. Together we have built one of the world's strongest militaries, ensuring our future security and that we shall never answer to a foreign oppressor again!"

"Despite these achievements, there is still plenty of more work to be done, for this Republic that we built shall forever be unfinished, ever growing into a more perfect union, as our founders envisioned. There are those, however, who seem perfectly content to just point out our country's flaws instead of proposing ways to fix those flaws. Well, my administration feels that the Klentian people deserve action and not just words. This past week Secretary Rienburg reopened our prolific embassy program to the world's nations, instantly receiving applicants. I have signed executive orders pulling us out of unnecessary and inactive foreign entanglements whereas Congress merely ignored the issue. I have signed into law restrictions on the death penalty making sure that only convicted serial killers, rapists and child predators may be executed, for the simple truth is that there are certain daemons that should not be allowed to walk this Earth."

"And then there's Brasilistan. I know that many of you felt betrayed when it was revealed that I had sent troops into a two week war without seemingly telling anyone. I understand that feeling, and in all honesty, if I were in your shoes, I would have felt the same way. But when you take on the responsibilities and duties of the presidency, you quickly learn that there are actions that must be taken and that no matter what, there will always be consequences to be paid. I could not just sit idly by as millions of innocents were abused and terrorized. I felt it was necessary to keep Operation Odyssey Rise a secret so as to not endanger the lives of our brave troops, and our courageous citizens waiting to be rescued from the tyranny of the Brasilistani government, and the Gang of Six agreed with me. You, the people, elected me to be the Commander-in-Chief of the Klentian Armed Forces because you trusted my experience as a soldier. I'm asking you to trust me again, for I have served and trained with many of the soldiers that served in Odyssey. I suffer right along with their families."

"The weight that falls onto the shoulders of the person in this office is not one I would wish on anyone and is one that not anyone can bare. For four years you have entrusted me with that weight and I hope I have done so to your satisfaction. My family have been your servants for as long as I can remember, and I'm not ready to stop. As I have said, our country has come far and we have farther to go for we are on the horizon of an ever promising future. Together we have risen out of the ashes and, now, I ask you to stand with me and take a leap toward the future as I tell you that I am running yet again for the presidency of this great nation!"

"May God bless you all on this Sabbath day, and may he bless the United Republic of Klent!"

"Hello, if you're just joining us, President Cash Willows has announced that he is indeed seeking reelection. In his speech, he invoked his faith several times and he directly addressed the complaints of South Island Governor Robert Dockard and Senator Williams Jones, promoting the reopening of the embassy program and and announced that he had placed restrictions on the death penalty. He listed off his accomplishments since taking office in 2012, saying that he was not about to quit. He also gave a clearer explanation as to why he had kept Operation Odyssey Rise top secret, saying that it was to keep our troops and expats within Brasilistan safe.

However, the President did not mention the issue of New Klentian statehood at all. We shall see how his opponents react to this.

Despite this, it would appear that the old Willows that had disappeared in recent months has returned."

All rights reserved.
©2014

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:27 am

Williamsburg, D.K. November 17, 2014 - "Afternoon, I'm Reed Forrester and welcome to the Reed Factor. Today we'll be discussing President Willow's announcement yesterday that he'll be seeking a second term with a noted opponent of his, Governor Robert Dockard of South Island. I'll be asking him what he thinks of the President's speech and get his reaction to the fact that the president omitted the topic of New Klent's statehood altogether. What do you think of that? Tweet your answer with the hashtag #stategate, and we might feature it on the show.

I'll also talk about the recent capture of serial killer Becca Westen, better known as the Street Ripper, who has allegedly murdered twenty people over the past two years. But before that, let's talk with Governor Dockard who's meeting with us via satellite from his election HQ in Freeson, South Island..."

Governor Robert Dockard (R-SI) tells us his reaction to the president's announcement.

FORRESTER: "Hello Governor, thank you for talking with us today."
DOCKARD: "Hey Reed, it's my pleasure."
FORRESTER: "So Governor, as I'm sure you're aware, the president announced that he's running."
DOCKARD: "Oh, I'm well aware, Reed."
FORRESTER: "So you are also aware of Senator William Jones, your former running mate, is also running... with a new party."
DOCKARD: "Yes, Reed, I am, I don't live under a rock, after all."
FORRESTER: "Both the Senator and the President made statements in their announcements that seem to directly attack your statements."
DOCKARD: "I expected as much; when confronted with the truth, many attack instead of coming back down to earth to be reasonable."
FORRESTER: "The truth, Governor?"
DOCKARD: "The President is indeed a coward and Klent is not a country where homosexuals should be allowed to tarnish the sanctity of marriage."
FORRESTER: "Governor, you are aware that same-sex marriages have been performed in this country since its very inception."
DOCKARD: 'We had just shook off the shackles of tyranny and the founders didn't want to put many restrictions on the people. That's understandable, but in doing so, they left the door open to such immorality."
FORRESTER: "Governor, you do realize that supposedly the vast majority of gays are law-abiding, caring, generous people, don't you?"
DOCKARD: "Yes, I'm sure they are. I'm not saying we should ban the people themselves, just the institution that God had intended to be between a man and a woman exclusively."
FORRESTER: "What do you say to people who ask why should people be denied the right to marry the person that they love, just because they happen to be the same gender?"
DOCKARD: "I tell them that there are alternatives to marriage Reed, such as civil unions, which serve the same purpose."
FORRESTER: Due to time constraints, I'm going to change the subject Governor; do you agree with those who have called Governor Nathan Stuart's threats of succession an act of war?"
DOCKARD: "I wouldn't be that dramatic. The Governor is a close friend of mine and I know he wouldn't do anything to put the security of the nation at risk. That being said, Governor Stuart and his people have lived without representation in the central government, a fact that is not dissimilar to the one that started our revolution in 1978. He's only doing what he thinks is best for his people."
FORRESTER: "So would you support such a move?"
DOCKARD: "To be perfectly honest, I don't know. I certainly believe that the Governor has the right to secede should he wish; we'll just have to see what happens.
FORRESTER: "And we will. Governor, while I have you here, what's your reaction to Willows' sudden policy changes that he announced?"
DOCKARD: "I think it makes him look foolish, I mean, he finally resolves some of the issues he should've dealt with ages ago only after Senator Jones points them out? Was he unaware of the problems beforehand? The problem Willows has is a complete lack of experience. Yes, he's a war hero and he should be respected for that, but that does not make him a leader. We just can't afford on the job training with the Presidency, and the Willows administration is the perfect example."
FORRESTER: "While we're on the topic of Senator Jones, what do you make of his break with the Republican party?"
DOCKARD: *Chuckles* "I think attempting to start a new party in the current political climate is misguided and foolhardy."
FORRESTER: "What about those who say that Jones' New Republicans will give a voice to the moderates of the three main parties, those who say the extremists of their parties won't let them speak?"
DOCKARD: "Reed, I'm no extremist, I'm a realist and I merely want to bring values back to the leadership of our beloved country."
FORRESTER: "And that's all the time we have, thanks again Governor Dockard for coming onto the show."
DOCKARD: "Always a pleasure, Reed."

"That was Governor Robert Dockard of South Island who is never afraid to give his opinion. You're watching the Reed Factor and when we come back, we'll shed some light on Becca Westen, better known as the Street Ripper."

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:20 pm

Excerpt from;

ISSUE 181
TUESDAY JUNE 30, 2015
VOLUME XXIII

Talks To Begin Today

President Cash Willows (left) shall be attending the talks; King Martin von Cartenberg-Utreck of Carlsvad (right) will be represented by the Minister of Defense, Mary Anne Kazinsky.

WRITTEN BY:
Bill Tanner

...Talks over the proposed Carlsvadian-Klentian Defence Agreement, or CKDA, will begin today at the McCurter Business Center. Delegates from the Klentian government and the Carlsvad Union shall meet to discuss the defense agreement. In attendance, President Cash Willows, Defense & Security Secretary Franklin Gerrald, Foreign Affairs Secretary Joseph Rienburg, Carlsvadian Defense Minister Mary Kazinsky, Lieutenant Colonel Hariette Radetzky, amongst others.

The upcoming talks have added some minor controversy to the already charged political climate of this election cycle. The Carlsvadian regime is the successor state to the Prussians who in turn succeeded the Centaurians, who invaded and occupied West Klent - now the state of Occidens Klentia - during the Annexation War in 2002.

As such, many Klentians are angered by the presence of the Carlsvadians; they feel it is a return of foreign influence in the country, something we have fought long and hard to be rid of. This anger has been voiced by republican presidential candidate Governor Robert Dockard who called the talks, "...an insult to the memories of those who lost their lives during our fight for freedom."

However, the Prussian and Carlsvad regimes have been allies on previous occasions, so such an agreement could have its benefits. It has also become a welcome and peaceful distraction to the hectic and ever negative campaign trail for some. It is hard to gauge the the affect any agreement will have of the race, but in the past such acts of diplomacy has given President Willows a bump in his approval ratings, so this could be a much needed victory for the president.

Diplomacy has so far gone nowhere in New Klent, our own colony, which begs the question, how could it work with our former rivals?...
Last edited by East Klent on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Amid protests, talks have commenced between Carlsvadian and Klentian delegations over a proposed defense agreement.

All rights reserved.
©2015

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:28 am

Coverage of the 2015 Presidential Election is underway.

All rights reserved.
©2015

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Excerpt from;

ISSUE 182
WEDNESDAY JULY 1, 2015
VOLUME X

Survivor's Guilt

An artist's impression of the fateful crash.

EDITORIAL WRITTEN BY:
Willard Games

...Death; that undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveler returns.

Death is final and it takes the ones we love away from us forever. Death is cruel but much too usual.

Death took my friends Ben and Matilda Mason away from me yesterday as they crashed into the North Founder Ocean. They had been vacationing in Grays Harbor, the first holiday that they had taken since their honeymoon, Ben had told me. They had been too busy serving the people of world, to busy changing the lives of millions for the better, to take time for themselves. It seems this one indulgence was enough for Death to punish them.

The plane they were using crashed due to faulty engines that cut out at 37,000 feet. That plane, that death trap that they spent their last moments in, was my plane. I didn't occur to me that when Ben asked me if they could use my jet that I was lending him the instrument of his demise.

I can't help but think that I contributed to the death of my friends. They were more than friends; they were a second set of parents. My father had served alongside Mason during the Overthrow. After Dad dies of cancer when was 13, the Mason's helped Mom look after me. They even helped me get through graduate school. My life could have turned for the worse had it not been for the Masons. Ben once told me that it didn't matter if I succeeded or failed, as long as I believed in what I was doing. Their devotion to public service inspired me to go into journalism and they were my first investors when I started this paper.

Now they're dead, and my plane caused that. I could have... I should have had it checked out, but I was too busy. I was too busy to have a simple task completed that could have saved my friends' lives.

To my readers, I plead that you don't become too busy to pay attention to the things in life that matter. Now is the time to talk to your parents. Now is the time to play with your kids or reconcile with an estranged friend or family member. Do not waste the precious time you have on this Earth, because you never know when Death will take it away from you.

I have learned this lesson all too soon, and far too late.
Last edited by East Klent on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information