NATION

PASSWORD

Warhammer: Come The Storm [OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:59 am

Foamland wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:^ this.

Night Goblin is fine, though.

Why would the Night Goblin be in Hochland though? :eyebrow:

That's where the bio comes in :P

To be fair, there's Goblins all over the Old World.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Foamland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Foamland » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:00 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Foamland wrote:Why would the Night Goblin be in Hochland though? :eyebrow:

That's where the bio comes in :P

To be fair, there's Goblins all over the Old World.

Heh selling squigjuice or something :p
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Foamland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Foamland » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:00 pm

I'll get an app. up later.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Elicia Eisenstern

Race: Human
Gender/Sex: Female
Equipment: Short staff, leather and mail armour, amulet of Sigmar
Skills: Magic, intellectual pursuits, and art
Weaknesses: Physical combat
Bio: Born in the central provinces of the Empire to a merchant and his wife. With an affinity for learning discovered early in life, she grew up surrounded by books. Her merchant father, a doting man who supported her interests, acquired books from even faraway Cathay for her and sent them to her while she was at the College. Those books now hold a place of honor in her little home in Hergig.

At a young age, following the discovery of her magical talents, she was sent off to a College of Magic to be trained in the Lore, specifically that of Fire.

During her 17th year, her father disappeared while away to negotiate a trade deal in Reikland and her widowed mother followed soon after in sorrow.

Now in possession of quite an inheritance, and with prospective suitors starting to look her way, Elicia sold her family home, left the College, hired some mercenaries as guards, and moved herself and her meagre belongings to Hochland, where she set up a small pawn shop for old books and things that she gathered on her trips.

These days, nearly a decade later, she maintains her small shop, selling old trinkets and relics from ages past, and regularly goes adventuring in search of new ruins to explore and loot recover things from.
Familiarity: I'd say I'm fairly familiar with Warhammer.

RP Sample: Elicia raised her arm and thrust it forward, a wave of flame spilling from it and torching the undead, their parchment-dry flesh going up like... well, parchment. As the walking corpses rapidly burnt to ash, she turned around and brought the end of her short staff down on another undead, its skull folding in around the metal cap with a crunching of bone and a wet squelch. Pulling her staff out from the twitching zombie and waving it to get rid of the rotting grey matter, she spared a glance at her guards, who were currently dealing with the last few of the undead.

Unless she was mistaken, that should be the last of them in the castle, which meant the place was ripe for looti- no, not that word. Never that word. She was merely... redistributing the possessions of long-dead people to living people who had far more need of them. Yes.

She wasn't some lowly looter.

Personality: Introverted, prefers the company of books to people, rather prideful
Dislikes: People, dead things that refuse to stay dead, people who ruin books
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzMD065HEk

Done.
Last edited by Ardavia on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Accepted!

Still contemplating if I'll be rolling with a Witch Hunter or a cultist of some sort. Or both.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:47 pm

going with something new and different, which is probably a bad idea, but hey.
Lanya Riren

Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance: Like in the picture but slightly lighter skin tone.
Equipment: Leather Armour, Shortbow, Quiver with arrows, Spear
Skills: Archery, fighting with a spear, quite agile.
Weaknesses: The cold, doesn't work well with others, can be quite hotheaded, essentially useless in melee without a spear or staff, likely to run if outnumbered.
Bio:Born in Copher in Araby, Lanya had a fairly normal life as the daughter of a tanner. Choosing to enlist in the militia defending Copher Lanya received training in the weapons she still uses today. Become bored of her life and seeking something different and more fun Lanya quit the militia (as she puts it anyway, she'll never admit she deserted), hiding her gender she became a pirate, serving under one of the many pirate captains her city's known for. Lanya once again changed career when she was shipwrecked on the north coast of Bretonnia near L'anguille.

Surviving when most of her comrades did not, Lanya made her way to the city. Ignorant of Bretonnian culture Lanya tried, unsuccessfully, to get work as a mercenary in the city. Upon finding out more about the culture of the nation she was in Lanya decided to head for the Empire. Surviving with nothing more than the armour she was wearing and her spear, her bow having been lost in the ship wreck, and often resorting to thievery to keep herself alive, Lanya eventually made it to the Empire, after 'borrowing' a couple of houses and their supplies to help her clean up her image and make sure she was well eaten, Lanya started to work as a mercenary. Her last job ended near Bergsburg and as such she currently is looking for more work in the area, not minding how scrupulous it is.
Familiarity: More used to being 40,000 years in the future, but I've done some reading up on the original as well.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=194948

Personality:
Dislikes: the cold, forests, horses, Bretonnian's
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Dh3ftkRAs
Voice:
(feel free to add something else to this list yourself!)
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:44 pm

I was thinking of making a knight of the grail or a dog of war from tilea

The Unhallowed City
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unhallowed City » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Accepted!

Still contemplating if I'll be rolling with a Witch Hunter or a cultist of some sort. Or both.

I'm curious to see what the cultist-to-noncultist ratio will be.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:48 pm

Accepted!

The Unhallowed City wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Accepted!

I'm curious to see what the cultist-to-noncultist ratio will be.

:lol:
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:42 am

Well, here's my (first?) app.

Marius Wolff
Race: Human.
Gender/Sex: Male.
Appearance: image too big
He is tall, with short blond hair and grey eyes. Well-built, but tends to look rather tired most of the time.
Equipment: Outfit as pictured above, with a brace of pistols, a rapier, and several stakes. Has a flask of holy water with him as well.
Skills: Good with the sword and pistol, and able to rally a mob, combined with a strong will and a relatively high intelligence - all that a Brother of the Holy Order of the Templars of Sigmar requires.
Weaknesses: Harsh, stubborn, and extremely suspicious of everyone and everything. The enemy hides it agents well, and they are everywhere in the eyes of this particular Witch Hunter... Also knows hardly anything about magic, other than that it is a force of Chaos and that it henceforth should be expunged wherever possible.
Bio: Marius Wolff was born in the city of Salzenmund, capital of Nordland. As an orphan, he was taken care of by the priesthood of a small chapel to Sigmar, raised to worship the God-King that founded the Empire, rather than Ulric whom was worshiped in the Empire's northernmost province primarily. At the age of 12, Marius was sent away from his hometown, to the city of Altdorf and it's Grand Cathedral of Sigmar, to be inducted as an apprentice into the ranks of the Holy Order of the Templars of Sigmar, the Witch Hunters. The boy was keen of mind and strong, the priests back home had judged, and as such he would be sent to serve Sigmar in an, if not honorable, necessary way.

Marius' assigned master, Albert, would prove to be an excellent teacher, training his apprentice in all the skills that a Witch Hunter would need to know, and as such, the boy followed him blindly, picking up the older Witch Hunter's ways. Indeed, to this day Marius holds the very same beliefs as his former master; that magic is a force of corruption, and that the Empire would be better off rid of the wizards it currently harbors and uses. Years later, Marius' training all but fulfilled, the aging Albert died, killed in the depths of the Drakwald forest by a Beastmen Shaman, slaying the vile creature with a final pull of the trigger. The Witch Hunter's Apprentice gave his master an appropriate burial, making sure to take Albert's insignia with him before he returned to Altdorf. There, finding himself in the Grand Cathedral of Sigmar once more, Marius was pronounced a full-fledged Templar of the Holy Order by the Grand Theogonist himself along fellow Apprentices. Marius set about the Empire, traversing through all it's provinces on his hunt for Sigmar's enemies. Now, again years later, he finds himself in Hochland, this time to investigate rumors of a vampire near or even in the towns of Estorf, Stockse, and Hergig...
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:26 pm

I've put up a list of accepted apps/characters in the second post. The IC should be up either tomorrow or on Friday.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Warhammer RP? And no one told me? Heresy! I should have the lot of you burnt at the stake.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Exelia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Exelia » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:49 am

Brigund Sigismund

Gender/Sex: Male
Equipment: Two shortswords, blessed by Slaanesh to both slash and pierce with exceptional lethality. He wears soft, comfortable leather armor along with cosmetic clothing atop it to allow free movement and a good feeling of touch. He is also the carrier the pendulum given to him by Slaanesh, with which he can preform dark magic and summonings.
Skills:

Gifts of Slaanesh: In order to accentuate his senses and, Slaanesh has graced his faithful servant with a myriad of enhancements and magical abilities. The dark rituals he has enacted in the Dark Prince's name has granted him the ability to seduce, deceive, torture, and terrorize like few men can,and in combat, these spells can have devastating effects on any unfortunate soul who falls under Brigund's gaze.

Orgasmic Speed: Capable of sensing feelings few mortals can, Brigund has been gifted a perception of time that can be altered. Enemies move far slower than even the most veteran of soldiers, allowing Brigund to evade blows and strike weakpoints with insane speed and precision.

Depraved Soul: As with all followers of the Dark Prince, Brigund is immune to pain, as to him, it feel exquisite. While he can still be brought down by mortal means, wounds that would normally bring another man down in agony would instead cause Brigund to squeal in delight. Any attempt at imparting fear, pain, or other means of debilitation are futile.
Weaknesses:

The Curse of Addiction: The problem with the Cult of Ecstasy is that every follower is drawn to ever increasing acts of lunacy. It's never enough for them; every experience must be felt, and then felt again, but stronger, until only death provides the release from this crippling addiction. Food stops tasting so good, until greater amounts are eaten, or more fiery spices are added. Sexual acts lose their luster, until the Brigund is forced into increasingly extreme acts to satiate his lust.

Chaotic Rivalry: Brigund cannot stand those who worship Khorne, or who follow a lifestyle similar to Khorne's. This means that whenever a martial, brutish person is met, Brigund, rather than exploiting the, he instantly begins to seek the best way to derive enjoyment from their suffering. Chaotic allies must then be chosen from Tzeentch and Nurgle.

Bio: Brigund is a native of the Empire, born to a poor peasant family in Salkalten, in Ostland. There he lived a wretched life, wracked with poverty and crime. In his adolescence he soon joined a street gang, extorting money from people equally as poor as him, until he lucked out and got a job as guardsmen for a rich noble family. His own family had largely perished, with the exception of his mother, to disease, murder, and public execution, depending on their crime. So he threw himself entirely into the job, and abandoned his mother to the streets for his own good.

As guardsmen, he got to saw, but never engage, in vast, uncountable pleasures. Exquisite foods, delicious wines, and beautiful young maidens were a common sight within the decadent halls, but never was he, a lowly peasant, allowed to engage in them. So he sat back, intensely jealous, forced to devolve himself with the pathetic pay he received for his simple job.

That was until one night, when a feminine voice spoke to him in his sleep.It promised divine things, everything he ever wanted, so long as his soul was entirely dedicated to this voice. Brigund woke up, to see a Daemonette at the end of his bed, echoing her master's statements. Embrace Slaanesh, as the name was soon shouted, and every pleasure imaginable could be his.

Brigund eagerly accepted, and the Daemonette gave him a small pendulum, and asked him to rub it when he was in the palace and no one was looking.

The next day he eagerly went to his job, now fully aware of thee extent of his heresy. None of the guards noticed his excitement, and even if they did, they would write up as Brigund having too much to drink that morning. Eventually, Brigund found himself alone in a closet in the interior of the palace, where he rubbed the pendulum, and an orgasmic shriek, so loud he almost went deaf, emanated from it.

Exploding out of the closet, dozens of daemonettes appeared, and quickly began slaughtering the entire palace's inhabitants in an great show of art. Brigund was invited in on the fun, to which he eagerly accepted.

As the carnage ended, the dameonettes approached him, and offered the treasures of the entire palace. He, the servants of Slaanesh, and the treasures were all teleported into a small cave in Hochland, where he found new set of armor, a place for ritual sacrifices, and a place where he could enjoy himself. The Daemonttes told him not to fail the Dark Prince.

Now Brigund seeks fresh sacrifices, and to assist any elements of Chaos he can find.
Familiarity: Fluff lover.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=26592921#p26592921

Personality: Addictive and sadistic, Brigund cares only about he can make himself feel better.
Likes: Drugs, sex, music, food, wine, art, and other forms of sensual indulgence.
Dislikes: Hardship, self-sacrifice, chores and things that are generally boring.
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVNjcE_iaM
Voice: Very seductive and sensual.
Last edited by Exelia on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
The world is de jure American.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:47 am

App accepted!

Bone Fort wrote:Warhammer RP? And no one told me? Heresy! I should have the lot of you burnt at the stake.

P2TM Mentor
TG me!

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 am

Tag

Foamland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Foamland » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:38 pm

STIKNOB AND GITMUNCHA -WIP

Race: Night Goblin
Equipment: Stiknob carries a pair of rusted short-swords, which he calls the 'Gitcleavers'. He also carries a large bottle of Doc Numnum's Fungus Brew, and wears Night Goblin's robes.
Skills: He also is fairly good at swordfighting, and is very cunning and 'tricksy'. Skiknob also has night vision like other Night Goblins.
Weaknesses: Stiknob is barely 5 feet tall, and thus is not as physically strong as a human. Also, he has very little control over his pet squig, Gitmuncha,
Bio:
Familiarity: I'm more familiar with 40k, but yeah.... I'd consider my self pretty familiar with Age of Sigmar FANTASY.
RP Sample:

Personality:
Likes: Fights (preferably ones that he's not in), fungus brew, Gork, Mork, cleaving gits with his Gitcleavers, deep, dark places, caves.
Dislikes: Followers of Chaos (dey is too creepy!), skaven (dey is too chittery!), hardship, sunlight.
Theme song: -
Voice: Whiney and high pitched.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:10 am

Sorry for not getting the IC up yesterday, I'll try do it today!

Lots of stuff came up.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:27 am

Exelia, do you want to have our characters' backstories intertwine? I'm brewing noble's son who was sent off to war and developed a particular hatred of Slaanesh, and after reading yours I think they could mix pretty well. If you're not cool with this, no problem.
Last edited by Pan Asian Amercian Coalition on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
MT/Near Future. Mechs, Railguns, Jet VTOLs, Etc.
Factbook under construction. Nat'l Anthem
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
The End of Oil.------Tank otaku. Panzer is my passion!
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Nice to see that this is back.

You are impressively slow.

Exelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Exelia » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:45 am

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Exelia, do you want to have our characters' backstories intertwine? I'm brewing noble's son who was sent off to war and developed a particular hatred of Slaanesh, and after reading yours I think they could mix pretty well. If you're not cool with this, no problem.

I'm cool with it. Sounds awesome.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:17 am

Exelia wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Exelia, do you want to have our characters' backstories intertwine? I'm brewing noble's son who was sent off to war and developed a particular hatred of Slaanesh, and after reading yours I think they could mix pretty well. If you're not cool with this, no problem.

I'm cool with it. Sounds awesome.

Dynamite.

EDIT: Quick question. Did the slaughter at the mansion occur farther in the past or did he just recently teleport to Hochland?
Last edited by Pan Asian Amercian Coalition on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Scientia viam libertatis "...................................................................................... ///I take my realism with cream and sugar///
Humanist Demi-Socialist Technocractic Militant Democracy. Quite a mouthfull, ain't it?
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:

Exelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Exelia » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:34 am

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:
Exelia wrote:I'm cool with it. Sounds awesome.

Dynamite.

EDIT: Quick question. Did the slaughter at the mansion occur farther in the past or did he just recently teleport to Hochland?

Farther in the past, he has been terrorizing Hochland since.

You can change it though if that's what would work best.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan Asian Amercian Coalition » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:37 am

Exelia wrote:
Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:Dynamite.

Farther in the past, he has been terrorizing Hochland since.

No, the one you had was what I was hoping for. I just needed to clear that up. Otherwise my guy would have be going on a real fast horse to get from Ostland to Hochland in a day or so. I was confused is all.
Last edited by Pan Asian Amercian Coalition on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
XCOM Alphabet
Rupudska wrote:

Exelia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Exelia » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:55 am

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:
Exelia wrote:Farther in the past, he has been terrorizing Hochland since.

No, the one you had was what I was hoping for. I just needed to clear that up. Otherwise my guy would have be going on a real fast horse to get from Ostland to Hochland in a day or so. I was confused is all.

Alright then.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:42 am

im making an app
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:01 am

Kash, Son of Ross: Wandering Chaos Warrior

Appearance: http://img11.deviantart.net/3ac4/i/2012 ... 5inzih.jpg
Equipment: War Club, with a hand axe at his hip, satchel, water holder
Skills: Small unit tactics, he is also physically powerful, and he seems to have a natural charisma about him.
Weaknesses: His eyesight is a little poor, though he prays to the gods that his eyes will be fixed, hes horrible at archery.
Bio: Born in small somewhat remote village Kash grew up under imperial control. His family were proud barbarian warriors and builders and were respected, if somewhat poor. Some of his family and village turned to secret Chaos worship to better their lifes. In the process the Imperials occupied the village and beat and imprisoned suspected worshippers. While his father did not worship, he did in secret. His father was taken deep within Imperial territory and imprisoned. Kash dosn't know if his father lives, but he is on a quest to save him, and destroying anyone in his way. He sees the Chaos Gods as fiery beacons that can guide him to his father.

He also sees them as a way to prove his honor, much to Khornes delight. He uses the gods as an instrument and gives them the respect they deserve. He worships them all equally, instead of becoming blind to just one. With any luck he will find his father and destroy those whom are responsible for the dishonor of his house and village. He left his brother behind in the process, hoping he can take care of the house while he is gone. It should be noted that he has not run into other forces of Chaos and is more of a lone out lander on the move.

Gifts of the Chaos Gods: None yet, will be added when he earns them.

Familiarity: Don't know to much about fantasy, I love 40k however
RP Sample: Agustus had been the commanding officer for over three months now and his duty seemed boring and dull, that was until command had informed him of possible dissent in one of the the Empires newly aquired subjects. It hadn't been long before he had moved to his new home, a captured house of one of the former barbarian villages. These people were imposing and strong, but more simple than the Empire, they needed the Empire's help if they were to flourish under the light of sigmar. It hadn't been long before the smell of rebellion found it's way into the village. It was rather easy, some of the cultists had tatooes that gave them away, others didn't do a very good job at hiding their rituals. Some were killed on site, others taken away. Agustus couldn't help but notice an older man being taken away, and the stares of a strong younger man following him.

It mattered not, feelings were something that was to expensive for the Empire's treasure, if good order was to be kept then any sign of rebellion, chaos or otherwise, needed to be dealt with swiftly or else it would weaken the region and open for attacks. Be it by the wretched undead or savage orks....

Personality: Soft spoken, understanding but firm in his beliefs, loyal
Dislikes: Imperials mostly, thieves
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaEY7Z3QsOA
Voice:
(feel free to add something else to this list yourself!)
Last edited by North Calaveras on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse