NATION

PASSWORD

Ærworuld (Dark Medieval RP, OOC) [Ended]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Name: Eleri Aderyn ferch Bran o Enfys (Eleri Aderyn, daughter of Bran, of the clan of rain)
Appearance (Pic prefered): Image
Birthplace (Old English town names preferable): Llanfairpwyllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Ardiske (anglicized Ardisce, and yes, it is probably mispronounced, "sc" being like "sh" in Old English and all...) Also known as Enfisingamære (The water of Enfys) or Enfishām (The stead of Enfys)

Biography (Must be at least 2 paragraphs): Born to a chieftain known by the name of Bran, Eleri grew up on his stead. There were songbirds, a quaint village, a gentle river with a nearby pond, and all the fruit one could desire. Of course, she grew within the castle, being a minor princess. Third in line for the throne, she grew learning valuable skills. It was not until she reached the ripe age of 13 that she realized her truly limited position, having seemingly no claim to the throne of the chiefdom and furthermore a desire to see what lay beyond the meager hamlet. Old enough to decide her own education, she began learning the trade of, well, trade. As it became more and more evident that she would lack any sort of notable inheritance, she decided it was time to make her own fortune. She studied long on minor smithing, on crafting and weaving, and bartering and speechcraft and even other languages. Finally, by 16, she was a grown woman, ready to leave her stead for new lands.

Travelling from the age of 16, she gained valuable street-skills as it were. She learned how dangerous roads could be, and realized her meager dagger training did not pay off. Of course, by making empty threats and flashing her knife, she could usually scare away the petty thieves, but she knew she was outmatched. She spent what money she had left on learning how to defend herself. More skills were, at least in part, gained through travel over 3 years. She's seen many places, learned the tongues she needed to, and become wise in the ways of trading.

RP Examples: She's basically an import of my Pictish character as seen here.
I've got a few of these.
probably shouldn't link everything
last one, I promise
granted, for that last one, there are multiple reboots.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:08 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Name: Eleri Aderyn ferch Bran o Enfys (Eleri Aderyn, daughter of Bran, of the clan of rain)
Appearance (Pic prefered): (Image)
Birthplace (Old English town names preferable): Llanfairpwyllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Ardiske (anglicized Ardisce, and yes, it is probably mispronounced, "sc" being like "sh" in Old English and all...) Also known as Enfisingamære (The water of Enfys) or Enfishām (The stead of Enfys)

Biography (Must be at least 2 paragraphs): Born to a chieftain known by the name of Bran, Eleri grew up on his stead. There were songbirds, a quaint village, a gentle river with a nearby pond, and all the fruit one could desire. Of course, she grew within the castle, being a minor princess. Third in line for the throne, she grew learning valuable skills. It was not until she reached the ripe age of 13 that she realized her truly limited position, having seemingly no claim to the throne of the chiefdom and furthermore a desire to see what lay beyond the meager hamlet. Old enough to decide her own education, she began learning the trade of, well, trade. As it became more and more evident that she would lack any sort of notable inheritance, she decided it was time to make her own fortune. She studied long on minor smithing, on crafting and weaving, and bartering and speechcraft and even other languages. Finally, by 16, she was a grown woman, ready to leave her stead for new lands.

Travelling from the age of 16, she gained valuable street-skills as it were. She learned how dangerous roads could be, and realized her meager dagger training did not pay off. Of course, by making empty threats and flashing her knife, she could usually scare away the petty thieves, but she knew she was outmatched. She spent what money she had left on learning how to defend herself. More skills were, at least in part, gained through travel over 3 years. She's seen many places, learned the tongues she needed to, and become wise in the ways of trading.

I've got a few of these.
last one, I promise

ACCEPTED.
Cheers mates.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Sarejo wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Appearance (Pic prefered): (Image)

I've got a few of these.
last one, I promise

ACCEPTED.

For the love of all the gods, you don't, and probably shouldn't, put " Eleri Aderyn ferch Bran o Enfys" as the app name.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:17 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
ACCEPTED.

For the love of all the gods, you don't, and probably shouldn't, put " Eleri Aderyn ferch Bran o Enfys" as the app name.

Ik. Pleasure to see you again.

Glad you could join us. I'm an assassin.

I'm very discreet, have no code of ethics. I will kill anyone anywhere. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love killing
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Ik. Pleasure to see you again.

I'm very discreet, have no code of ethics. I will kill anyone anywhere. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love killing

Ah, it is Bolshoy Tovarish Grestin!

Right, so I imported a Pictish princess I made (that rp is linked in the app), but she's Welsh now since the Picts aren't culturally around anymore (ethnically, they are the Scottish). She's a merchant, a seamstress, a jeweler, and she can play the lyre. The basic gist is that she makes stuff and then sells it, like many people do.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:25 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Ik. Pleasure to see you again.

Right, so I imported a Pictish princess I made (that rp is linked in the app), but she's Welsh now since the Picts aren't culturally around anymore (ethnically, they are the Scottish). She's a merchant, a seamstress, a jeweler, and she can play the lyre. The basic gist is that she makes stuff and then sells it, like many people do.

Cool. I'm currently representing the Commonwealth of the Holy Inquisition. We essentially worship a god created by a hallucinating madman, combined with a reverence for old-world objects. We recently discovered something called "The Library", which is possibly something containing old-world artifacts.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:29 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Cool. I'm currently representing the Commonwealth of the Holy Inquisition. We essentially worship a god created by a hallucinating madman, combined with a reverence for old-world objects. We recently discovered something called "The Library", which is possibly something containing old-world artifacts.

Nice. As a backwards Celtic tribal princess, I almost certainly follow some weird pagan faith.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:36 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Cool. I'm currently representing the Commonwealth of the Holy Inquisition. We essentially worship a god created by a hallucinating madman, combined with a reverence for old-world objects. We recently discovered something called "The Library", which is possibly something containing old-world artifacts.

Nice. As a backwards Celtic tribal princess, I almost certainly follow some weird pagan faith.

I think my pseudo-Cthulhu cultists and your group will get along just fine.

I've also got a witch-hunter to befriend and subsequently murder.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:37 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

I'm just a witch trying not to be horribly killed.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:38 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

So, should I pop by the inn for some excitement, then?

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:41 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
New Grestin wrote:I think my pseudo-Cthulhu cultists and your group will get along just fine.

Possibly. I'm working on an OP for a different RP right now. Gimme some time.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:43 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Possibly. I'm working on an OP for a different RP right now. Gimme some time.

Que? What's the rp?

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Possibly. I'm working on an OP for a different RP right now. Gimme some time.

Que? What's the rp?

Kinda difficult to explain, but the idea is that you're basically agents for a nebulous evil organization doing nebulously evil things.

Also Nazis and dinsoaurs.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Everyone out to stop me...

I have a feeling Ascium, Gres and I are all going to meet ip sometime soon. How it will end is difficult to tell.
Cheers mates.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Que? What's the rp?

Kinda difficult to explain, but the idea is that you're basically agents for a nebulous evil organization doing nebulously evil things.

Also Nazis and dinsoaurs.

By the Allfather...

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Sarejo wrote:Everyone out to stop me...

I have a feeling Ascium, Gres and I are all going to meet ip sometime soon. How it will end is difficult to tell.

Well, I have no intention of Lilith killing you immediately. In fact, I kinda want her to tag along for a while, just to make the betrayal even better.

Ascium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascium » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:49 pm

This should be good, haha since all my guys are doing is basically going to stop you from killing a witch.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:51 pm

New Grestin wrote:

Well, I have no intention of Lilith killing you immediately. In fact, I kinda want her to tag along for a while, just to make the betrayal even better.

Hey, want some rings? I got plenty of rings!

How about a new dress for the fine lady? Eh?

Or a pretty song? I'll give you a pretty song for two farthings!

Ascium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ascium » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:52 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Well, I have no intention of Lilith killing you immediately. In fact, I kinda want her to tag along for a while, just to make the betrayal even better.

The last time someone made tons of rings it all ended with a volcano eruption lol :p
Last edited by Ascium on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Ascium wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

The last time someone made tons of rings it all ended with a volcano eruption lol :p

This may be helpful for some.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:56 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Well, I have no intention of Lilith killing you immediately. In fact, I kinda want her to tag along for a while, just to make the betrayal even better.

If my intro post is any indication, I may end up needing a new sword.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:57 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

If my intro post is any indication, I may end up needing a new sword.

Well, I'm not trained with swords, but I think I can make it work...

Also, that was hilarious.
Last edited by The Ik Ka Ek Akai on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Might try composing original music to fit Eleri for the fun of it. Almost certainly not writing in Welsh, given that it's not my native language and it's not easy to rhyme like Romance languages are.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Posted. You're up Sar.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:35 pm

New Grestin wrote:Posted. You're up Sar.

*Faint "Ll" in the background*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse