NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life: EPIC (IC Thread XI) [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:30 pm

"I always have a few treats on me!" Giovenith answered cheerfully, pulling a few packaged cookie trays from her pockets. "They're not fresh, but they are still very yummy! I can pass out the drinks too."

Unconcerned about the possible alarm her hammerspace magic may have caused, the godling headed up just ahead toward one of the library's larger tables, tucking the precious books beneath the table to make way for the refreshments. Out from her pockets came a variety of packaged cookies and sweets, as well as paper plates, paper cups, napkins, and cartons of juice and milk. It wasn't quite the fanciest display, nor the homiest, but it would do for now.

"I can't really say for sure how we came to your home," Giovenith explained, pouring some milk in a cup and offering it to the mayor. "It just happened out of nowhere for us too, though just in the nick of time. We, like your town I suppose, are a community of variety coming together as one, working together for the sake of our greater living. We've faced many challenges along the way and beaten them all, so whatever oddities brought us all here together now, I'm sure won't be an issue."

Out of the corner of her eye, the painter girl caught someone fixing themselves a plate, and felt pleased that they were noticed.

"Have you always been here in this world, or were you dropped in at some point as well?" she asked the mayor.

--

"Oh." Willow paused a second too long. "How nice to know." Still trying to maintain professionalism, the pony passed one last comforting smile to the crowd before rising back into the air. "Well, she is right, I must go now children... back to your story and song!"

And with that he flew off, ears noticeably flipping this way and that erratically as he mentally mulled over the child's words, eyes glazing over much of the crowd as he began to fly in thoughtless circles. Skeptical thing he was, he searched his brain for a hundred other possible meanings for the child's words in case crippling disappointment sought to strike, but he could find none. There was only the obvious and the most shaking meaning, and the painter found himself gripped in a wash of many kinds of emotion.

It was then that Willow began to wage an inner argument as he slowly flew lower, keeping his eyes pealed.

No, no, no. Stop being selfish. Giovenith is low enough on help as it is, this is no time to be abandoning her for your own reasons. Well, he wasn't really abandoning her, he was still doing his job. If the other ponies were in the crowd, and his job was to work the crowd, he was still technically doing his job, right? Don't you try to look for loop holes in this, you know damn well that ain't doing your job. Look at these people. They need reassurance. But he had been reassuring them, for quite some time now, and they seemed to be calming down all on their own by now. Plus he was just one pony, would a few minutes really have all that much effect? It won't be a few minutes, you will get so very carried away by this. You don't need to search out these people just because they're ponies, stop having such a species bias. Everypony else here is nice and sentient enough, isn't that enough for you? No, it actually wasn't.

Oh sure he loved his new friends and all, they were great, but it'd been over a year since he'd spoken with a similar shape. Guilty as he felt to admit it, even internally, Willow still deeply craved familiarity just like anyone else, the ease of not having to cherry pick his own knowledge and experience just to fit in with his current social circumstances. Sterling had left, and although Willow logically knew that somehow it probably wasn't on purpose, there was still a part of him that felt angry and betrayed by that. Why did he get to be whisked home while Willow remained the forgotten face on a recycled 'Missing Ponies' junk mail card? He had a life and ponies he missed too. So perhaps these ponies wouldn't be those ponies, but after all this time didn't he deserve something?

He would just say hello very quickly, and then get straight back to work for Giovenith. Assuming he could find them at all... this wasn't quite like spotting out different people in a normal Earth crowd, whatever new place they'd fallen into was chocked full of different kinds of beings (not unlike Equestria, actually). And there were so many! Willow knew the Building could expand to accommodate, but this was just ridiculous. From what he could see high up, Giovenith (and Nick!) were already doing as well as they could to entertain, though Willow was starting to become a bit surprised they were expected to handle this much--still, things hadn't gotten out of order, and it was fair enough to ask everyone do their part. He could still do his own in a manageable way. It was considering the godling's hospitality that he caught something though, almost quick enough to miss, a very quick dash of purple snatching some of the cookies Giovenith had laid out, followed by a flick of what seemed like yellowish hair in a turning fashion. Gotcha.

Quickly but carefully so as not to hit anyone, Willow descended further and tried to follow the general direction of what he thought he saw. For a moment he thought he lost it, turning in circles, until he caught the flash again accompanied by the familiar four-step beat of a trotting. Landing on the floor himself with crescendoing excitement, the pegasus navigated his way this way and that through the citizens, scurrying behind backs and through face-to-face conversations until he caught- gasp!

She'd stopped to adjust a wrinkled lime green tie attached to a white collar around her neck while balancing the plate of cookies on the other hoof--it was a she. She wasn't very pretty, not that it mattered to Willow, as from what he could guess, she was about as young/old he was but had been put through a great deal by stress and general carelessness toward appearance. As he'd caught before, her coat was a nice shade of lavender and her mane and tail were a kind of dull yellowish/blonde, mane up-set in a practical but scruffy bun. Her eyes were violet to suit, though they looked very tired and critical, and were framed by thin glasses. She took a few turns upon satisfaction with her tie adjustment, beginning to walk off, unintentionally showing off her cutie mark: a simple call bell, not unlike you'd find at any white collar desk service.

Willow'd be the first to admit, he could have done better to contain himself. He didn't have to pounce on her completely out of nowhere without warning, he just couldn't help it at the moment.

"Oh my sweet Celestia, you really are another pony!" the artist practically squealed with glee, swooping in and grabbing the unprepared mare by her forelegs. Her face flashed through a series of shocked expressions, trying to quickly process who this grinning fool was. "Wow, wow! My gosh! I didn't think it was possible! How did you get here? Did you use the Liquid Ebony spell to get from Equestria too?" He jerked this way and that, as if taking in the details of appearance could yield answers to his questions. "I have so much to ask! My name is Wi-"

BAM! Before he could even get his name out, Willow suddenly found the left side of his face pressed into the floor and one of his forelegs twisted behind him, as the mare pressed her strength into him. It didn't take much to disable him--she was an Earth pony. While Earth ponies weren't technically strong as a rule (like how pegasi could fly as a rule), not unlike how certain demographics of humans could have average-but-not-hard-truth differing traits like height, speed, hair colors, etc. among them, the non-horned/non-winged pony race did have a running tendency to outdo their unicorn and pegasus brethren when it came to natural-born brute force. This one was certainly demonstrating it now, offering her benevolent-but-uncalled-for assailant no mercy or questions as she kept him down where she wanted him.

"Ow- OW! OW! I'm sorry! SORRY!" Willow struggled against the pinning, to little avail. "OW! I said sorry dammit, stop!"

Outside his vision, somepony came to his rescue, as he could hear frantic pleas in some other language before the mare's weight gently rose off of him. Quickly bringing his foreleg back front as he rolled to his back, Willow looked upward toward the slightly-shadowed faces of the mare and a newly arrived stallion, who was looking far more concerned as he offered a hoof to help the pegasus up.

The stallion was also an Earth pony, much older than the mare, with a much more sincere, innocent pleading in his eyes as he spilled a flurry of what sounded like questions to Willow.

"I don't..." Willow winced, still rubbing his shoulder. "Uh..."

"He says he's sorry about what I did," he heard the mare finally speak, revealing a raspy, unattractive voice. Willow could tell instantly she had a penchant for smoking more than her healthy share. "He can't speak English, but he can understand it." She wasn't very expressive, her raspiness only worsened by her blunt tone.

The stallion nodded and spoke words of fervent, more sincere agreement. He was a bit of a bigger guy, though he could tell the shape was more from practical hard work than any sloth, he was an old-fashioned kind of healthy. Like the younger mare he had violet eyes, but like previous cues, they were filled with much more kindness and sympathy than his companion. As if to compliment that as well as off-set his clear build, he was a comforting shade of pink, and his short-cropped mane consisted of a happy combination of green, blue, and yellow. The whole guy beamed a kind of sugar cookie niceness and gentility, Willow guessing you could probably punch the guy and not earn even a violent look back, and his striped apron and cutie mark of what appeared to be a small train next to two large cubes allowed the artist to guess at his position.

"So, I'm guessing you must be the toy maker?" Willow asked, giving a smile and polite point to the stallion. Spotting a name tag (decorated with teddy-shaped stickers) attached to the strap of his apron, Willow read aloud: "Mister Fortunato?"

Smiling back, Mr. Fortunato the pony toy maker said what sounded like fond greetings and gave Willow's hoof a strong, but genial, shake, as well as daring to smooth a few loose hairs on Willow's head in a fatherly fashion. Turning to the mare, he said something inquisitive, expecting her to translate.

"He says it's very nice to meet you, and that you look like a porcelain sailor boy doll," the mare translated, now busy picking up her spilled cookies from when Willow had jumped her. Feeling bad, he made a move to help her, but one look from her suggested he'd helped quite enough for one day. She gently set the plate aside on the floor once done, safe from any extra spill incidents.

"O... kay," Willow answered, smiling and nodding to Mr. Fortunato to indicate understanding, the latter of which returned the gesture with clear glee. "And, what's your name?"

"Alma," Mr. Fortunato answered, gesturing to the female pony himself. "Is eh... daw-tur."

"Daw-tur?" Willow raised an eye before understanding. "Oh, daughter! You're father and daughter?"

The mare, whose name was Alma, gave a beat. "... Yes."

Those were odd names for ponies. They sounded more human than Equestrian, the latter of which's tradition was based more in more blunt, literal language rather than the more complex etymology of humanity's naming process. No matter though!

"Well, my name is Willow Streaks," he finally managed to get out, smiling at them both. "But you can just call me Willow! I'm, uh, sorry to have taken you by surprise. It's just I haven't really seen any other ponies in a really long time. Some children told me about you guys and, well, I just wanted to say hi. How did you guys get here, from Equestria, I mean?"

Here, Alma slowly and critically raised an eye.

"From what?" she asked, giving Willow a sidelong glance.

"Equestria," Willow raised a hood and smiled in explanation, as if it were obvious. "You know, pony country. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna." His expression fell. "... Equestria?"

"We come from no pony's country," Alma stated bluntly, crossing her forelegs in front of her.

"But how is that possible?" Willow asked, bringing his hoof to his mouth with noticeable shock. Perhaps it was rude of him, but still. Giovenith and others had made it very clear in the past that they knew of no sentient ponies in their own world.

Still concerned, Mr. Fortunato asked Alma something in his own tongue, which Alma responded to him in as well fluently. This only further set off the confusion in Willow's head, as he only now just realized how strange it was that the toy maker wouldn't be able to speak English if were from Equestria, where it stood as the primary language.

"He wants to know if you would like to sit and talk for a short while," Alma translated, picking her plate of cookies.

"Oh," Willow took a quick sweep of the room and all it's refugees. He supposed if he was very quick it couldn't hurt, as it would be rude to say no. "Sure, yes, very fast. I'd love to get to know you, but I'm one of this Building's workers."

"I understand that," Alma said, and despite her bluntness, Willow felt she really did. Propping her plate between her teeth, she lead the way for the two stallions, stopping at a small spot they'd made for themselves with a blanket and a small box of first aid they'd probably acquired from one of Giovenith's paper dolls.

Flying over to settle at the edge of the blanket, Willow looked at the two. "You both seem well-adjusted despite the... chaos."

"Mhmm," Alma grumbled in response, apparently now more focused on her cookies than her guest.

"Hurt at all?" Willow inquired, giving a critical sidelong glance.

"Father got his back leg scraped, but he will be fine," she said, briefly flicking a look at the older pony, who confirmed his condition with a pleasant nod.

"But not you?" Willow asked.

Slowly, Alma raised her gaze to meet the pegasus', it seeming to sharpen despite the rest of her expression remaining still and blunt as a rock. "I'm fast."

Something about that very simple statement said, Don't ask more about it, and Willow caught on. "I can tell," he said, rubbing his shoulder again. "So, you guys are not from Equestria, huh?"

"Never heard of such a place," the daughter answered, handing her father a few cookies, as he was content to let her do the talking.

"I don't mean to be offensive, but I didn't think ponies could come from anywhere but Equestria."

"Ever been to a farm?"

"I mean like... people-ponies, like us, not the glassy-eyed animal-ponies."

"Hm."

They lapsed into another awkward silence as Alma busied herself with her treats, still with dry regard for the pegasus. As if expecting Willow's potential discomfort, Mr. Fortunato gently placed a hoof on his shoulder with reassurance, as if to say, It's okay, she is this way for everypony. Nothing personal. The artist smiled back, and asked, "Then where are you from?"

"As of from now on, here." The half-answer rang with a dark note much like her comment about being fast, and Willow grabbed onto THAT cue too. Alma clearly wasn't the auto-biographical type. He knew he was not obligated to her life story and would not push for it if she didn't want to share, but my oh my. And people thought Willow was dry and cynical. Other than the straight answers she gave him, there was little on her own part to build-upon the talk, so Willow just kept going.

"What's your store called?"

" 'Rainbow Bridge Toy Shop.' "

"That's cute. You two make all the toys yourself?"

"Father does."

"And you?"

"Desk. Translation."

"Right. If you're not from Equestria, does Celestia at least still protect you anyway?"

"Who?"

Dear lord! That was probably the most disturbing of all to Willow, ponies who were not aligned with Princess Celestia. Was... that even legal, or...? "Princess Celestia, along with her sister Princess Luna and her niece Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, they rule Equestria. I, guess you wouldn't know that though... they live and rule forever, and everypony loves and listens to them wholly, Celestia especially. She rules the day and controls the sun, and Luna controls the moon and night, and I think Mi Amore Cadenza specializes in love, but she also rules the Crys-"

"Politicians and gods?" Alma looked skeptical.

"... Yes?"

"Isn't that a cult of personality?"

"No," Willow protested, shaking his head. "Cults of personality are for when you're not a real god, just a narcissist figure. There's a difference."

Alma gave a look that intensified in it's critique, which may have been easier for anyone besides an Equestrian to decipher. Real god. The other Residents were eternal in their tolerance and deserved praise for such, but there was generally a reason why the rest of the world regarded those who viewed their Kings and Queens as God on Earth with a critical suspicion. Willow didn't seem like an insane fanatic, but you couldn't always immediately tell, could you?

"Are you the only other ponies here?" Willow asked, feeling a bit of hype again.

"Yes."

"Oh, well, did where you came from before also have more ponies?"

"Yes."

"Oh, that's... good!" And more strange than ever. "But none of them knew of Equestria or Celestia either?"

"No."

"Oh."

Mr. Fortunato broke in again upon sensing the awkward, circular nature of the conversation, handing Willow a cookie and saying more. Alma translated: "You can come over and talk any time, and do be sure to purchase something for any children you know and want to spoil."

"That is very kind of you," Willow nodded, deciding the father of the duo was his favorite. "And I just want to say please, don't worry about any of these mishaps, the people of the Building are some of the most experienced, and well-dedicated forces I know. If anypony is capable of helping and protecting your home, it's them. Even if they do seem strange from time to time..." He stood up and hopped into the air. "But now, I really must be off. It was nice... talking, and I do hope we can meet up again sometime. I have a feeling we'll be sticking around this place for a while."

Mr. Fortunato waved off pleasant partings to the pegasus, whereas Alma took the opportunity to seemingly forget about the exchange and curl up for a possible nap. Willow waved back, remarking on the fellow ponies' welcomed oddities the whole time, and flew back to his usual work.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Anais

“I don’t believe there is much I can do for the young one,” Anais gestured toward Kale, unaware of the girl’s actions outside the building. Her frown deepened in confusion as she stared from the small distance between them. There were no visible sign of serious injury, but the girl’s expression looked as though she was suffering regardless. Anais tilted her head slightly and moved away from Sandy for a moment to stand by the edge of the bathtub Kale had retreated herself into and stared at Kale with an impassive gaze. No visible wounds, no bruises, Anais re-confirmed, but the expression upon the girl’s face showed a particular torment that robbed her, or destroyed, a piece of her… being.

Innocence perhaps? Anais questioned herself. She almost smirked, the Ritualist was getting far too cynical to make leaps in logic with no ground explanation, but she had seen many like Kale in similar state. Half her guild still held notions of a better tomorrow for Ascalon; clinging to a simpler time where peace and naivete actually went hand-in-hand. How quickly such dreamy moments could be destroyed, painted over with ruin and despair.

“Child,” Anais said gently to get Kale’s attention, “I don’t presume to know what torments you, but should you feel the need to talk, find me after this and I’ll see what I can do for you. I hold no promises, I offer no resolution, but whatever it is you are going through a sounding board is better than nothing. Do not walk this alone; such a burden will only consume you. My name is Anais, and its likely you will find me later downstairs attending to the injured.”

Anais gave a nod to the girl and turned back to Sandy, gripping her staff lightly, she took a deep breath, “I have offered her counsel, though it isn’t my strength. Whatever grips her, she must come to terms. I don’t know of any other that deals with such internal afflictions, but I hope she takes the offer. Such conflict will trouble her later if she doesn’t come to terms with it.”

Looking out to the crowd, the ritualist gave a tight nod, “We have more pressing matters at hand, let’s get to work.”

--//\\--
Minutes had dragged on to what felt like hours, perhaps days, though the night sky had changed little to reflect Anais’ fatigue. Her muscles ached, her bones rang with a pleading cry for her to stop, and her head swam with the ritual songs and chantings that summoned the many ethereal beings and ancestor boons to mend the injured.

By the time she laid down the last summon, a spirit of Recuperation, Anais was gripping her staff tightly with both hands. Leaning hard against the ornamental bone staff. The wood creaked with her weight and Anais let a breath out she hadn’t realized she kept. She was tired, far too tired, but at least the injured were being mended slowly, enough for free hands to move them downstairs for further care. Some stayed on the roof, their injuries too serious to attempt a transfer and where most her potent restoration spells were focused. Anais’ only relief was not having to summon a more powerful spirit from the ether, the price at the Observatory was high enough.

She looked around, satisfied to see those huddled together looking better as the minutes passed by, though the terror of the night wouldn’t be washed away so quickly. Anais would take what she could get; at least a few would be spared the cold embrace of death. Moving away from her current group of injured, the ritualist spotted Sandy amid many more and ambled toward him, her staff supporting her as though she were many times older. The woman smiled to herself, that too, was a time long ago. Simpler days...

“I have done what I can for most… the worse will be stabilized but I do not recommend moving them them just yet. I have placed…” Anais stopped and let loose a small sigh through her lips, she struggled to find a better word for ‘weapon spells’ and found it, “enchantments, of a sort... They would be best left where they are while the spirits aid in their healing.

“And yourself?

Mab

Mab smirked, keeping her eyes gazed to the burned field that surrounded them. The smell of ozone and charred meat reminded her of simpler days when the burdens of being Queen had yet rested upon her shoulders. Such times were so fun, Mab mused inwardly, recalling particular moments from an age when humans were nothing more plodding chimpanzees. The fae turned to look at the mortal woman that tore her away from rosey memories; the human seemed a little put-off with Mab’s answer, not that it mattered to the queen.

“My name is hardly a secret, dear Amanda,” Mab lightly chastised with a shake of her slender finger for emphasis, the fae was too amused and in a good mood to take umbrage with Amanda, though the fae queen continued with a tilt of her head, “Seems to me everyone is familiar with everyone in our humble Building. At least by name or association.

“But no matter,” Mab continued with a nonchalant shrug. Her tri-colored storm grey eyes shimmered in the night as she smiled widely, catching Amanda’s last comment, “I act as I must.”

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Brit had left Rm's side temporarily. Gretta was busy herself, but the woman with her stomach slashed open was a priority. Brit stood over her, trying to get a look at just what was wrong. Still, when it came to gore, she wasn't much of a fan of it. Her knees were wobbling as she tried to see what the nature of the wound was. The blood ran off the table and dripped onto the floor. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. For now, there was nothing she could do. Sure, she could try and take a stab at surgery, but surgery was delicate and not something you could just learn by doing it yourself. She was afraid she'd kill her in the process, and that would weigh heavy on her for the rest of the week.

And yet, she couldn't do anything but stand there and watch this woman die. It was almost as bad. There must've been something, and there was. There was a lot she could do, but without proper knowledge and training she couldn't do anything. She felt powerless, and so she resolved to cleaning the blood away and putting pressure on the wound. Her hands and forearms quickly became bloody as well as she did her best to keep the wound from getting worse, but with each passing moment it was clear that she wasn't going to be able to do anything for her. At a point, she glanced over to see if she was still breathing, and after the two second assessment concluded that there was no pulse or breathing, she stepped back.

Brit's eyes locked forward as she went over to one of the stations by the wall where she saw a trash can, and emptied that morning's breakfast into it.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Rooftop
Mincaldenteans wrote:Anais gave a nod to the girl and turned back to Sandy, gripping her staff lightly, she took a deep breath, “I have offered her counsel, though it isn’t my strength. Whatever grips her, she must come to terms. I don’t know of any other that deals with such internal afflictions, but I hope she takes the offer. Such conflict will trouble her later if she doesn’t come to terms with it.”

Looking out to the crowd, the ritualist gave a tight nod, “We have more pressing matters at hand, let’s get to work.”

Sandy nodded, "Counsel is probaby all any of us can offer at the moment. Perhaps later today or tomorrow, she'll want to talk." Catching the ritualist's gaze, Sandy looked out over the remaining patients yet to be examined, and agreed again: "Yes, much more pressing. I'll see you in a few minutes."

It was a bit later than that when Anais and he finished their triage. Sandy merged the counts into a single list, which he copied onto a note for the healers in the kitchen: they should add their own counts to the page, then send the list down to the first floor. As the list came back up, they'd be able to send people where they were needed most. Sandy sent the note off with a runner. And when the final tally comes back, I'll make copies for Septimus and the village mayor, so they know what's happening.

Mincaldenteans wrote:“I have done what I can for most… the worse will be stabilized but I do not recommend moving them them just yet. I have placed…” Anais stopped and let loose a small sigh through her lips, she struggled to find a better word for ‘weapon spells’ and found it, “enchantments, of a sort... They would be best left where they are while the spirits aid in their healing.

“And yourself?

Sandy looked up at her and slowly rose from his squating position. An answer would take some reflection, and he looked across the roof towards the newly-lit eastern horizon. Physically, alchemy took almost no effort. He had to do little work: offering people sips of Ox Blood or packing Balm of Gilead in their wounds. The Balm worked from the inside out, and prevented infection -- the only reason he was willing to work bare-handed -- so it was easy to tell how much he needed. If the surface wound still gaped, stuff more in.

Emotionally? Sandy was drained; his face sagged a bit from the strain. Neither of his alchemetical cures did anything for pain. Closing wounds helped, of course, but the injuries would have to heal on their own; nothing he had could remedy the deep ache of damaged organs. The Ox Blood sped healing, but it was no more directed than aspirin: a patient with several injuries would find them all healed slightly, not the most serious treated first. Any improvement offered hope, but Sandy would rather have painkillers, sedatives, and a defter magic touch.

The number of injured exceeded anything he'd seen before. Patching up a few allies after combat was the limit of his experience. Never before has one person done so little for so many, he mused, inverting Churchill's quip. So many villagers looked to Sandy for salvation, and he felt he couldn't quite deliver for most of them.

"Doing what I can is about the best I can say for myself." Sandy had sometimes looked up to see Anais working around him, and those times he'd watched her magic with interest. He doubted such sophisticated healing magic existed on his Earth. And her spirits? He'd have to listen to one or simply ask her about it when there was less call for medical care. "Everybody I've treated is out of danger, but I wish I could do more for them." Sandy leaned close to her and whispered. "If you have magic to spare to reduce people's pain, there's a few patients I could point out to you."

In front of the Building
Mincaldenteans wrote:“My name is hardly a secret, dear Amanda,” Mab lightly chastised with a shake of her slender finger for emphasis, the fae was too amused and in a good mood to take umbrage with Amanda, though the fae queen continued with a tilt of her head, “Seems to me everyone is familiar with everyone in our humble Building. At least by name or association.

“But no matter,” Mab continued with a nonchalant shrug. Her tri-colored storm grey eyes shimmered in the night as she smiled widely, catching Amanda’s last comment, “I act as I must.”

Amanda continued to wonder who her puzzling passenger was, but her conclusion remained the same: she'd find out later. "If you're that well-known, I'll get somebody to tell me."

-=≣=-

It took Amanda the better part of a minute to make sense of the storm of activity that broke around her when Minvera appeared carrying an unfamiliar exo. "Thaddeus...", she whispered to herself, letting the word's terminal hiss trail off to silence. ...is the resident expert on Nifid and Drone technology. Mr. Itum looked like he'd seen a ghost, and the combination suggests that the exo is his girlfriend Neste. Is that the rest of her? She hardly looks the part of walking weapon, but perhaps that's the point.

Ocho's remark to her made the most sense. Without the teen drivers of the other two vehicles, the convoy wasn't going anywhere, and it seemed many of the would-be rescuers had now scurried after Neste. So in fact she might as well follow them inside.

Amanda opened the jeep's door, leaned in, and spoke to her passenger. "It seems the rescue mission has been cancelled. Or perhaps it just succeeded without us. You're free to stay in the jeep, but since it doesn't seem to be to your liking, perhaps you could join the rest of us inside." She scooped up her gun and spare clip, and holstered them. After awkwardly fumbling the keys from the ignition, she set the brake and closed the door. She waited a few moments for her passenger to emerge -- no reason to be rude to her, despite her oddness -- then walked the short distance to the Building's entrance.

Inside the lobby, she saw Septimus' back disappear as he raced off on some errand, and she decided that he wouldn't be back for a while. She slumped against the wall by the front door. She needed a breather. Holding her head in her hands, she realized the odor of gunpowder clung to them, and she amended her thought: "...and a shower." Hopefully, Minerva's return with Neste signaled the end of the fighting for now.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Hans' fists balled in rage, though the predominance of it came from Rache's unspent wrath. He didn't relish murdering the innocent. The decision was made to spare them from further suffering. Their death had been painless, a flash and then ash and then souls drifting towards their final destination. It was a mercy killing. The victims were too far gone to save, and thus faced agonizing final hours or, worse, continued excruciating torment as the grass continued to tear at them. But it was the animals that wounded him most. He could give Chaos the middle finger, sure, and turn his back on mercy for the weak, but he couldn't stand the thought of killing an animal. Never had been able to. It nauseated him.

His mind's eye saw their own brown or yellow eyes, such empathetic wells to their beasty souls! Their eyes looked at him, trusting and loving or trusting but fearful. Their eyes judged him and damned him and their mouths opened to issue throaty screams and ear piercing squeals. Rabbit screams. Dog screams. Cat screams. Chipmunk screams. The screams of creatures that couldn't comprehend their situation and only wanted to flee from the grasses. The horror of it clutched what lingered of his humanity, tearing it from his bones like nicely cooked meat falling from a bone. The screams became pan drippings that wetly absorbed the loose meat as it fell, miring it in grease and seasonings trapped in the pan. All the while, the innocent eyes peered into the pan, begging him to take it all back, to stop torturing them --- the trusting eyes of innocent animals caught up in his fire. The eyes a dog makes as its bastard owner raises a heavy metal rod to brutally bludgeon it for some minor infraction.

Hans screamed his rage, lashing out at the Building's wall. His fist drove forward with enough force to not only crack the brick exterior, but to shatter his own knuckles. He pulled his hand back and became dimly aware of flesh, neatly embedded in the jagged brickwork, pulling away from his bones. It didn't matter. He drove the crushed fist forward again to shatter his wrist. Yet the animal howls in his head only grew louder, and the excruciating pain wasn't atonement enough for his horrendous misdeeds.

He was mid-swing on his third violent strike when stars burst into his field of vision. The world spun. The howls dimmed. The ground seemed to rush towards him. Hans dropped to his knees then fell forward, and the brick connected with his cheek and tore rivets through his face as he slumped into momentary oblivion. Rache burst forth but checked himself before snapping his tether.

Grandfather did not look at all amused.

The daemon, always so ready to battle the cosmos, recoiled from the short Indian man. The silken material of his Sherwani jacket rustled softly as he raised the now-bent pipe to point at the Bloodthirster towering above him. To any observers, it looked as though he were pointing at a window or perhaps at the outdoor light.

"You do not want to tangle with me, sir," Ogoti's accent was whimsical in nature but Rache could easily sense the anger behind the lilting cadence. "If you can not control your host, I will take you from him and rip you apart with my dick. Now get back in there at once and do some damage control."

Rache's dog-like snout crinkled into a grimace. He had never encountered Ogoti's wrathful nature prior to now, but the wicked tales whispered by the avatars were enough to convince him that the Lord of Decay wasn't one to trifle with. Grandfather didn't fuck around with fashioning avatars. Rache briefly considered challenging him, but considered the fact that kindly old Ogoti could discard his fake form to fully manifest into a massive, necrotic carcass blistering with infection and decay. The mortals inside the Building were exuding despair, empowering him to levels unobtainable by the daemon.

The daemon's massive shoulders slumped. Defeated in spirit, Rache could only muster up a weak nod before withdrawing into his host. Hans' body jerked as Rache took possession of it, then it pushed itself off the ground with the uninjured hand. The damaged bones in the right hand would mend shortly, but Hans' mental state would require a more prolonged respite.

Ogoti lowered the pipe as daemon and host retreated into the parking garage. He followed them up the steps to make certain Hans crossed the lobby and descended into the Chaos Quarters. Satisfied, he set the pipe behind the reception desk.

His ears picked up Torii's lament and he paused in his tracks to address it.

"We are no longer in Kansas, Dorothy," a quirky smile was accompanied by a playful wink. "None of us know what is going on, but what goes on is what goes on. We go on, too. But I do not think you are ignored. I think everyone is very busy trying to cope with weird shit. If you drop all your bullets, you won't have time to apologize to each one as you scoop them up to load the weapon. Your thoughts are bent upon firing, not on individual bullets clustered in your fists, right?"

He tapped his chin with a fingertip. "Miss Tora, you are a bullet. You wished to fire yourself in order to kill the enemy. But this enemy requires a nuclear missile. You would have been wasted. It is better to keep you in reserve and use you in situations where a bullet is the best solution. It would be a grave disservice to your potential to waste you on something impervious to your damage. We would have lost you at a time when your friends most need your spirit and bravery."

His eyes closed to allow him to better see the situation. He sighed.

"In fact, Miss Tora, you are most needed now. Go to the roof. Comfort your friend, Kale. Her zeal gave way to rash decisions, and those decisions have harmed many people. Sometimes good intentions have bad results. That can not be helped. It is part of life. Perhaps you and Drova might help her recover more quickly?"

His brow furrowed as he studied Marcus. "What the hell are you standing there for? Go out to the trucks and radio that helicopter. Tell him that they need to sling load the remaining Nifid. But they will need help, and apparently Thaddeus has been called away. You could handle such a task. Bring the Nifid back to the Building and leave it by the back door. The priests will know what to do with it."

Myra blanched as Ogoti turned his attention towards her, but he was (thankfully) interrupted when the crowd parted enough for Septimus to collide with him.

He staggered forward two steps and sighed as he addressed him, the Hindi accent failing to miss a single syllable. "Septimus, listen and do not speak. My time is short. Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality. You can not have vision if you are running around blindly. Delegate so that you may have time to pause for tea and reflection. Like so-

"Malaise Abondante!" He tapped his foot impatiently as the clinic's nurse pushed her way through the crowd to present herself. "Good girl. Go downstairs. Kick open the laboratory door. Fetch the box marked 'carpule'. Thaddeus requires them. Tell Rodney to fuck off, if you encounter him. We needed him when this mess started."

Ogoti returned his patient stare to Septimus once the daemonette vanished. He interlaced his fingers and rested his hands on the small paunch of his belly. "Do you know Godling Giovenith? She speaks with the Mayor of the nearby village. They need to coordinate with you. Some of these people are merely shaken up. They must go home at once. Some of them have minor injuries. They must go home at once. Some are horrified because someone has sewn new limbs onto them, and some are severely injured. They must be gathered in one location. I will heal all that I can. Your own healers are weakened and need to rest, Septimus. Do not push them beyond their capacity. Primordial over by the door has the technology you need to gain better understanding of this dimensions properties, also. You might consider approaching him later. Now I must speak with Professor Bela. Good day."

Time was running short for him, and there was much work to be done. He didn't wait for Septimus to reply. Ogoti trusted him, and so he headed up the stairs in search of Sandy and his fabulous lists.

Marcus shuffled off, sparing a curious glance towards Amanda as he passed her by the door. Poor woman had been through hell, or so he believed. She was an extra set of hands though. He paused and then retraced a few steps.

"Amanda?" his head cocked. "Um, I need to get a hold of Bran and his helicopter. We have to use it to get the remaining Nifid back to the Building. Everyone looks really busy already. Maybe, if you don't mind a little dirt and whatever, you could ride along with me? Could use an extra spotter. But, um, if you're not up to it, that's cool. You're probably really tired. I know I am."

Damn, I'm rambling now.

He ducked out the door and to the truck. He wasn't certain what frequency Bran used, so he settled into the cab and began to scan the channels until he found one that had potential.

"Mr. Nikanor? You there? We need you."

"Dropped in?" Ayla Mercer was more confused by Giovenith's phrase than she was the treats pouring from the girl's pockets. (Magic wasn't all that odd where she came from.) It was an interesting choice of words although Ayla's mind immediately summoned up the image of an overturned cutlery drawer emptying onto the floor. Jingles, jangles, and mess. "No, my family has been here several generations. We hail from the Freywold, not too far from the village."

Villagers began helping themselves to the food, and the hag escorted the children over to sample the treats. Ayla pressed the heels of her palms to her eyes to rub away her fatigue.

"We'll need to get these people back to the village. There are families to reunite, and grave news to pass to the newly widowed and orphaned. Demens help them and bless them all."

Ayla might have understood Giovenith's words had she been present in the Lobby when the chandeliers began to tremble. A light bulb slowly unscrewed and then seemed to shrink until it was small enough to be sucked into the socket itself. An eye blinked from the exposed opening, and then a large dollop fell from the empty space. General Romulus Aphrodisiac was unceremoniously dropped on his head with a resounding crack! that started several villagers. The front desk cultist was at his side in a flash.

"Welcome, General," he wheezed in a heavy German accent as he pulled the suited man to his feet. (Luckily, there wasn't any damage to the person's skull.) "Mr. Demens said there'd be a few late arrivals, jah. Glad you made it."

He eased the man towards the desk, helping him prop up against it, then darted around to the opposite side. Fingers tugged the woolen Nazi uniform jacket into place (the swastikas had been replaced by an odd symbol). "Here is your apartment lease. You'll need to sign it before I issue a key. We have no idea where we are right now. Don't bother with the brochures! You've come at a bad time."

The Lobby..... The General, with his combat experience, would possibly recognized the aftermath of a battle.

Pandemonium! Things had settled down considerably but there were still odd people milling about. The Lobby took on whatever form Romulus was most comfortable with, appealing to his good senses, but it was constrained by several fixtures that never changed. The reception desk stood ready to welcome new arrivals. A comfortable seating area was tucked next to a large window overlooking ashed earth. There was an old-fashioned telephone booth in a corner, and stairs and lifts leading people towards upper levels. Several doors in the lobby bore plaques that labeled various areas such as "Indoor Pool", "Library", "Chaos Quarters", "Bomb Shelter", and "Maintenance." The front doors were bridged by a vestibule containing mail box rows embedded in the wall.

The cultist smiled at the new arrival as he pushed a clipboard bearing the lease towards him.

"Oof!"

It wasn't often that Minerva found herself subjected to the bum rush. The clinic door slammed in her face. Her eyes traveled between the cyclops and the minotaur. She shrugged. Hey, no sense sticking around when one was no longer needed. A polite thank you would have been nice, however.

Her ears caught Ogoti's voice. Good, at least he was still floating about. Where was Klaus? Bah, no time to fret over him. He was hard to kill and probably exactly where he was most needed. She followed Grandfather's words until she located him standing near Septimus. Once again, a twinge of anger flared. What, he couldn't include her in his plans? It wasn't as if she hadn't ever lifted a finger to help! But now? Now the big boys were meeting and she hadn't been included. Fuck that.

Minerva pushed through people until she reached the Library. Spotting Giovenith and the odd deer woman, she made her way over. Septimus could probably use some runners and her Lads would fit that purpose nicely.

"Hello Giovenith," the cultist leader tucked a few stray strands of red hair into place as she approached the pair. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything important."

Thaddeus and Ocho worked quickly to wash the film from the construct's body before settling her into a clean bed. Both held their tongues in check. Their thoughts rambled freely inside their heads.

Ocho spent most of his life attempting to slaughter as many of these lizards as possible. Now he raced to save one. It was an odd turn of events, and not necessarily one that he was enjoying. This lizard was different however, and had invested a good portion of her time in helping not only Septimus but also the Building inhabitants. She was still an Overseer, and thus worthy of slaughtering, but it didn't seem right to kill something already so crippled.

Neste was nothing but an experiment from Thaddeus' perspective, and he had relished the thought. Countless years of experimenting on her had allowed him to twist Nifid tech to his liking. Yet she had become something more during that time. It had pained him to wipe her memory. In fact, it was a situation such as this that had brought on the necessity the last time. But things had changed since then. She was no longer Rodney's tool. He suspected she had been granted a bit of liberty although he couldn't determine the purpose.

Rodney was most likely using her to gain something for himself. Yet there was more to it. There had to be. That bastard never hesitated to use people.

Thaddeus brushed damp veathers from Neste's forhead before pausing to caress her cheek with a cold, metallic thumb. Bittersweet, as always. She had rejected him for Septimus, or so he believed, and it was his own damn fault. Neste had eased his pain and helped him understand his addictions better, and had cared for him. He repaid her love and trust by fucking with her head. Omnissiah forbid he should have a heart or, worse, that she should blab his order's secrets to her damn Nifid keeper.

"Ocho, I have a spare carpule or two in what's left of my lab," he fished the keys from his pocket to hand to the thade. "We could use them right now."

He waited for the door latch to catch and then, once alone, he sat on the bed and pulled her towards him, cradling her to block out the noise from the lobby.

"Why'd you do it? What have I always told you? Fuck them. Do for yourself for a change."

His vision blurred as he forced his eyes to lose focus, a gesture that allowed him the same inner privacy as if he'd shut organic lids. Of course she wouldn't remember what he'd told her. Paranoia drove him to remove an entire portion from her library. He'd torn away all the independence she'd gained, leaving her exactly as Rodney had presented her -- an insecure and socially stunted creature with a penchant for tearing apart machines.

He sighed an unintelligible lament over his refusal of her offer to restore his tear ducts, and lowered his head to press a cheek against one of her cold horns.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Torii was surprised to be addressed by the strange man, but not angry. She nodded as he spoke, and chuckled when he mentioned how she was thinking. She was a bullet? Well, yes, she thought, and he helped put things into perspective for her. That, and the thoughts of her not being around for her friends, helped her decide that it was better that she didn't try and prove herself just yet. She didn't entirely get the firing and bullets metaphor, but she was sure that she got the gist of what he was saying, and as for being brave? Well, she was Russian. It was what they specialized in, being brave.

She bit her lip. She wanted to see Marcus, and Myra! They had a job, though, and the man said that Kale needed her. He also told her that Drova would be needed, too. That had her bite her lip harder.

"Will do, Sir.", She said, letting her rifle rest back on its strap, on her shoulder. "Let me just get ready, and I'll be up there for her. She's my friend."

Torii walked out, stepping by her injured comrades, and quickly made her way to the stairs, up to her apartment. All she did was change to her shorts again, getting rid of the dirty and bloody attire, and getting a clean, non-ripped tank top, before leaving. She was still going to carry her rifle, though. She never knew when she'd need it again, but while the enemy was away, it was important to get comfy and unwind. She stuffed spare ammo into her pockets again and ran up, around the strange people and other apartment dwellers, and up the stairway to the roof. She didn't try looking for Drova, but if he showed up, then she wouldn't complain. She shuffled around and called out to the group up there. "Hey, where's Kale?"
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Kayul. Wasn't that the girl Rmwtyliin had talked about a few days before? Nice, controlled plants... It felt like there was something she should realize...the grass. The grass. It had grown...and cut. It had been under someone's control...Had it? She didn't like to think that the girl she'd just seen the day before would have done that on purpose, or that anyone would have...

She had seen Kayul previously? Yes. Any identifying... Green hair. Did anyone... The girl in the tub. It had been dark, hadn't it? But... Green hair.

"It's all my fault...help them first..."
So.  The plants.  Kale found herself briefly on the receiving end of a scorching glare.

She had no right to be so mad.  She had done worse, with worse consequences.  Neverthless, there were people who could have been killed (such a close call), people who -

And that was why the girl felt so awful.  Kwa'a sagged.  Scolding the child would do no good. Figuring out who was asking for 'Kale', however, would... Easing herself into a kneeling position with less pain than she had anticipated, the woman glanced around.

It was the girl from the lobby. On their side, not that there was another side for a humanoid to be on, around the same age. Excellent. Kwa'a waved to catch Tora's attention.

"Is this Kale?" She hoped that her yell would be audible from her current position.

---

Nick neared the edge of the library, rather out of breath. He briefly considered heading towards Giovenith's little buffet as he heard her announcing it, but he then (thanks to some excited kids) realized that it was mostly cookies and similar sugary stuff that didn't sound good and, if what he had read was correct, would harm cats. Whether it would harm him was uncertain...

But I'm probably closer to the kitchen now anyway - and some roast beef actually sounds good. I can... Well, maybe getting milk from the fridge was rather ambitious.

---

As Nick slowly meandered out, Rmwtyliin walked in. Running was for when she actually had some energy. A window... Was that the sun? It seemed so. Time to get up, to be awake and alert.

...Maybe a nap later would be justifiable. Where had her group been? And then a bluish-yellow-orange blur. Wren the small winged woman! She thanked the spirits - after, of course, she had thanked the messenger. Most spirits didn't mind diplomacy.

As it turned out, 'her' group was doing rather well. Something had helped with the wounds - Wren's leg for example felt better, although she hadn't removed the splint - and Morwen and Joe had taken over the general medical stuff. She was welcome to come back, or to go elsewhere...

There were wounds which needed bandaging nearby. With a fast farewell and sending of best wishes to the others, Rmwtyliin bent down and set to work...

Only to realize that she had left her bundle of supplies with the others. A sigh. Lips pushed out. Should she run after Wren? The others were probably using...a smile.

Fabric suddenly appearing would be nice right now...nope, no fabric... Except for a few hangings on the walls. Rather nice - tapestry-intricate. She'd seen them earlier but hadn't really thought of them as aything but a wall. She was close to a wall - a step and she was touching it. Lighter, and smoother than some... It wasn't ideal. For one thing, how would she tear it? Nut-peelers were helpful at times to weaken fibers, but they would likely not work well on a tapestry.

Not to mention how costly it must be.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:25 am

"For what?"

Marcus would hear Bran's voice, exhausted as it clattered through the truck's radio. The helicopter was still hovering over the former battlefield, Bran sitting back in control at the pilot's seat. He quickly pounded out a few buttons, and regained control from the auto-hover function. His hands gripped around the controls, he gently steered the twinblade back towards the building, guiding it down onto the roof.

"Here, let me just land then, yeah?" He asked, holding the button on the radio for a moment.

A horrible screeching noise was heard for anyone on the roof as the landing gear struggled to deploy, flakes of rust falling out as the wheels dropped down into landing-position. Nevertheless, Bran winced at the clunking sound from the bowels of the chopper.

A minute or so later, a curious Bran was strolling in circles around the large craft, inspecting it for any damage. With the exception of the obvious age of the airframe, and general wear-and-tear, there wasn't really any serious damage to his baby. He was down a few pounds of bullets, and several rockets, but those could obviously be replaced. With a well-meaning smile, Bran swung the door open, and headed into the depths of the building, to find Marcus.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:06 pm

The oppressive atmosphere which had developed on the second floor due to the influx of wounded and hurt was a delightful narcotic to Primordial who smiled serenely as he walked passed those villagers who were present and being tended to. However he didn’t wait too long around the area to soak up the spiritual misery and mental residue which they were excreting although he considered bringing down the Elder Crystals in order to charge them for future obscene manipulations of reality. He continued down to the ground floor with a large wooden box of supplies and instruments which defined any sort of initial explanation and looked more like a collection of art pieces and semi-organic constructs that real technology.

He placed the box down near the front desk before walking over to the front door and checking to make sure that the wards he had placed on the front door where still holding up. They were simple in their structure because they were meant to fulfill a very simple function but that also meant they were easy to maintain and he wouldn't have to worry as much about them failing due to some sort of higher reality shift. He reached into his cane’s stores of mental excrement and touched the seals up by adding a layer of intrinsic properties. Afterwards he returned to the front desk and began pulling out various large sheets of weather paper which had sentient shourd maps of the surrounding area covering them. He needed a place to work while Aegis was running tests in the DEiMOS and he figured that putting up some information about their new surroundings for the other residents might be useful.

Primordial was incredibly restless. He was in his elements. He had trained his entire life to be a extra-dimensional explorer so anytime he was in a new location that he knew nothing about he was filled with desire to explore and a powerful drive that allowed him to do nearly anything. Some people felt safe at home among the familiar but Primordial was made to be stripped of familiarity and tossed into the unknown. Such an experience was to immerse oneself in the most primal and powerful horror of the human race. The unknown was mind shattering in a way that no there sensation was and Primordial didn't know if his sanity thrived or corroded under these conditions but it felt wonderful. The adrenaline brought on by this fear of the unknown surpassed any of Insidious’ tailor made cocktails or the bloodlust which Aegis could reach.

Primordial laid out the first of the maps on the desk. It gave a vague image of the surrounding area with the apartment in the center and the nearby village near one of the corners. The village was a vague amalgamation of buildings without any kind of real detail which was to be expected from the sentient shrouds after only a short reading but he was sure that given some more time and some boots on the ground he could make the entire map more exact. Further towards the edges there was the ocean which didn’t cast enough of a shadow to really register and so stood out as a blank section, Primordial had labeled. Beyond that their were a few areas he had highlighted that represented nearby rivers, interesting woods and even a few strange looking caves. The most heavily mark of these was a large sized pond on the edge of the apartment property that had some very interesting properties and also looked like a good source of fresh water.

There are many classic signs of witchcraft that are easy to spot. Pustulating blew spots are a common way to tell if a person has suckling their familiar or touched by some otherworldly creature as part of a sinister bargain. Poppets were similarly damning as the possession of such a powerful stand-in carried a very malevolent connotation. But perhaps the most simple of these classical devices was also one of the most damning which of course lay in the spirit trap, or as they were commonly referred to by the puritans “Devil Traps”.

Such things looked innocuous at first glance appearing as knots of sticks, bones or antlers, tied together with thread, grasses, and sinews then shaped into forms resembling nests, pyramids, humans, or animals. To a casual observer they may appear to be nothing more that a woodland arts as craft project created out of the natural worlds many remains and discard pieces. However to anyone versed in the dark arts of classical american witchcraft or metaphysical knowledge they could the subtle trails of power that were created by the interlocking hair and wood. The process of how such things worked relied on the always inexplicable science of Arcontech which drew upon rules of the cosmos which existed before matter, energy, space and time did.

So as Insidious hung these bundles of folkish horror and druidic beauty from the trees at the edge of the apartments perimeter she hummed a eerie tune about toads turning into tree’s under the the light of a full moon. She was trying to capture the ultimate feeling of nature in the moments in order to reach a aesthetical perfection in the real world that was usually only possible in totally controllable art. Humanoid pieces of twigs tied together with animal muscles hung from many of the trees she passed, and pyramids made of bones and her hair dotted the ground surrounding the buildings. Such things broke up the natural order of the world with a sudden a jarring sense of sentience and intelligence that made the woods seem more primal and inhumane by contrast. Most of these spirit traps were placed in the area where the apartments well tended yards met the temperate deciduous Forest surrounding it. She didn’t want her traps to be interfered with the look of the buildings yard so she made sure that a casual observer wouldn't notice them.

The purpose of these spirit traps was multifold beyond their mere appearance. They acted as intrinsically sensitive instruments that could alert her if a living person passed nearby one. She was concerned about potential intruders in this foreign lands and she felt safer knowing that she could tell if such intruders may become present. They also granted her an anchor back to the building since through some simple meditation she could sense their locations allowing her to make her way back to the building if she ever became lost.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Cerillium wrote:"Malaise Abondante!" He tapped his foot impatiently as the clinic's nurse pushed her way through the crowd to present herself. "Good girl. Go downstairs. Kick open the laboratory door. Fetch the box marked 'carpule'. Thaddeus requires them. Tell Rodney to fuck off, if you encounter him. We needed him when this mess started."

Amanda glanced up at the French-sounding name. The words' literal meanings were almost identical to their English counterparts, but that made little sense as a name. She must have misheard. The speaker, a small Indian man, was unfamiliar, but he seemed to have a forceful presence as he spoke to the curiously-named woman and then to Septimus.

Cerillium wrote:Ogoti returned his patient stare to Septimus once the daemonette vanished. He interlaced his fingers and rested his hands on the small paunch of his belly. "Do you know Godling Giovenith? She speaks with the Mayor of the nearby village. They need to coordinate with you. [...] Primordial over by the door has the technology you need to gain better understanding of this dimensions properties, also. You might consider approaching him later. Now I must speak with Professor Bela. Good day."

Amanda looked over in the direction Ogoti mentioned, and saw another man she didn't recognize spreading large sheets of paper on the front desk, and tacking up something that looked like a simple map. She was going to go see what he was doing when she caught mention of Sandy. Professor Bela? Nobody but his students calls him that, but... didn't he just say something about being a healer? I'll have to ask Sandy later.

Cerillium wrote:"Amanda?" his head cocked. "Um, I need to get a hold of Bran and his helicopter. We have to use it to get the remaining Nifid back to the Building. Everyone looks really busy already. Maybe, if you don't mind a little dirt and whatever, you could ride along with me? Could use an extra spotter. But, um, if you're not up to it, that's cool. You're probably really tired. I know I am."

Finally, somebody she knew! Amanda's brows furrowed, and she shook off some of her weariness to reply. "I'm more than a little confused, Marcus. If we still have somebody to go rescue, why did your father just order you in here? Why would we need a helicopter? Captain Blackwater just brought Neste back, yes? Neste seemed about human-sized, so your truck or my jeep would do for bringing her back. This doesn't make a lot of sense."

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Ogoti hadn't told Myra to do a thing - thanks Mr. Itum! - so the girl shuffled off to blend with the villagers, then spent some time skirting them to follow Torsii's path. The girl caught up with her on the roof.

Kale was somewhere in the crowd, and Myra spotted her moments after Rmwtyliin raised her voice.

She lifted a pale hand to flap at Rmw, and then poked Torii's shoulder. "She's over there! C'mon, Torii!"

Marcus gaze followed the helicopter as it descended. Excellent! His spirits became more buoyant as he slid from the truck's seat. This wouldn't be so bad. Ogoti had put him to a task he was capable of, plus he'd get to see what all the fuss was about regarding the exos. An oddly happy feeling bubbled up from deep inside, a sensation he hadn't felt since Dani and he had worked together in that weird alternate time. He supposed it had everything to do with encountering things beyond his scope of knowledge. Cool things, not ordinary and boring ones.

The young cyborg trotted up the steps and passed Primordial. Amanda was right where he'd left her and he veered to meet up with her.

He chose to overlook her questions about his dad. If Ogoti wanted him to go do something, he'd ignore his father's orders entirely. "Ogoti wants to sling load one of the exos. They're, um, big. Really, really big. Like bigger than FUBAR big. The truck could prop it up, I suppose, but it's quicker by air. I guess..."

True enough. They dwarfed the Drone. But Ogoti knew shit, and if he thought the helicopter was the best option, Marcus wasn't going to doubt him. Maybe he thought the Fiends were incapable of flying that high, and-

Wait. The Fiends. Marcus had been in such a hurry to get to the radio that he hadn't spared a glance towards the ice wall or noise beyond it. Now it struck him that it had been eerily silent outside. His ears picked up bits of conversation around him. The dawn had... banished the Fiends? It had to be true. One of the Residents was telling her shield men to go to breakfast in shifts.

An eyebrow lifted. "Amanda, did you say Neste?"

The strange sitar music had returned, the slow melody blanketing the air around Sandy as Ogoti spread healing across the roof. His focus was on the critically wounded although he spared some energy for those in dire pain. The despair within the Building was dissipating. Hope replaced it. The positive emotions weren't nearly as strong and presented themselves in drips and drabs for him to soak up. It would be enough, for now, but he didn't pause to speak with any of the suffering.

The short Indian man stopped before Sandy to offer a slight bow as he pressed his palms together in greeting. "You are Professor Sandy Bela. I am Ogotimatu. Please, call me Ogoti."

A warm smile parted his lips. Sandy had done well up here. Hopefully, the others would continue to carry out his instructions in his stead. "There is work to be done, Sandy. We must meet with Miss Giovenith and Brother Itum in the Library. Those who are not critically injured must return to the village. The rest should be brought to the dining room for me to tend to."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Torii followed her friend over to Kale, and gave the plant girl a few pokes to make sure she wasn't dead or anything. "So, do we take her home?", She asked, a little nervous about moving the girl. Kale had really done a number on them with that grass; Torii still had a little blood on her fingers from bandaging up Flint. Kale was a tough little conjurer when she wanted to be, even if things when awry, but Torii didn't hold anything against her too much.

She chuckled, making some small talk with Myra. "It's been forever since I've seen you. What's been happening? Marcus and Gio and are always smooching, I bet, and Drova and I have kind of been in a weird state lately."

She choked up. "Not that we're, like, going out or anything. Anyways, is Kale alright?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:38 pm

A squadron of attack helicopter gunships flew over the main advancing Imperium line to deliver a deadly payload on the Prismite defense line of their last temple. The payload was in the form of indiscriminate rocket pod, and chaingun fire. Cutting down the admirable, yet doomed defenders at their last line of defense against the unstoppable might of Wilhelm Imperium. The Prismites were helpless to stop the advance, even their best Warlocks couldn't do anything, and they were now down to their sole Arch-Warlock. The Gods and The Void had truly forsaken them.

The blitz was now over the ridge of the hill, the clouds had cleared finally, and sun was rising with them. The main blitz consisted of the grandest units Wilhelm XXIX could give to his General, General Romulus Aphrodisiac. The tanks and armored carriers stopped on top of ridge, and fired downwards at the Prismite barricades and emplacements, toppling over their Prism Pylon defenses, and wiping out the remaining Prismite Guardians that held from the strafing run in beautifully devastating cannon fire. An imposingly tall man, clad in power armor that gleamed in the sunlight, had climbed on top of a tank. And brandished with him in one hand, the Magnum Langschwert Madeleine, a sword that shined very brightly in the sunrise, and emitted rainbows that went in multiple directions. In his other hand was a pole that held the Wilhelm Imperium's banner of Wilhelm XXIX, showing his sewn on face in all his glory, alongside Wilhelm I, whose face was godly. This was the famed General of the current Regime, General Romulus Aphrodisiac.

Showing the banner proudly towards the Prismite temple to spite them, and raising his sword up high for eyes to catch it. Romulus spoke from the microphone in his helmet, that was linked to all the loudspeakers in his army, just one last speech for this campaign, before most of his men can go home finally. He turned to face the men that were present with him on the ridge and below it, all of them ready for the end to this months long campaign, and the eager for the destruction of the Prismites.

"My men of Wilhelms! This is where our history will remember a whole lot of you! As today this where we smite the Prismite menace once and for all, for Wilhelm XXIX and down to Wilhelm I! This will all be one of your major accomplishments! Those of you that die here shall be honor in The Halls, and even welcomed to Maccabees! Now lets show them the might and perseverance of the Wilhelm Imperium! Now go and slay them! For Wilhelm XXIX and for Gods and Imperium!"

Romulus lowered his sword at the Prismites, shining the bright light at the foes, showing them that they cannot escape their finale. His men cheered proudly, being inspired by their General. They then began to charged over the ridge into the temple with their halberds, ready to rid their world of the Prism scum forever. The General joined them in the charge downhill, putting himself in the vanguard of the final assault. They quickly broke through the bombed remains of the Prism barricades, and slaughtered the Guardians that were too slow to get the temple's interior. They did put up a fight though, shooting prism shards nonstop at their invaders, and getting a good couple before they were quickly overwhelmed by them.

They then broke into some kind of courtyard in the temple, the interior. Which had a big set of stairs that led to the top of the temple, where the Arch-Warlock is residing. All the Prism Guardians and activated Prism Behemoths were waiting for them, intent to fight to the bitter end. Romulus did always admired those foes that continuously fought the Imperium regardless, despite the bleakness in doing so. There was indeed honor in fighting a worthy foe.

The General gave out a loud yell to charge at the Prism defenders, and as if on cue, a tank burst out of one of the courtyard's wall and shot and toppled over one of the Behemoths. The fight was decided already. His men swarmed the Prism holdout, stabbing and shooting them at point blank in the ensuing melee. The Magnum Langschwert Madeleine sliced through Guardian bodies, and Behemoth legs like a hot and burning knife through butter. And it was just the more insulting to the Prismites that the sword was partly forged out of their corpses. Once his soldiers were almost done with the melee, after toppling over the last Behemoth, and almost killing the last defenders, Romulus rushed up the stairs alone to reach his nemesis to the campaign, the Last Arch-Warlock.

Once he reached the top, he was ready for anything his counterpart had to throw at him. But he was surprise to find that the Last Arch-Warlock was just simply making coffee on top of the temple while his people were getting slaughtered, and now having his temple burn. The Arch-Warlock just look at him briefly, and went back to making it's coffee with the coffee maker on the table. Romulus couldn't see any sort of traps the Warlock might try to pull here, and in fact they were the only beings up there. How very odd for it.

Romulus approached the Arch-Warlock, ready to just cut it down right there and leave. It didn't react to him doing so, and actually the coffee maker dinged. It pour the coffee into a mug and drank it, enjoying the taste, then turned around to see that Romulus was ready to swing his sword at him. "Wait my counterpart! Don't you want to at least try some of this first? It's good!" It exclaimed, offering a mug to The General. Who quickly smacked it out its hand, and put his sword to its body, but not through it quite yet. Romulus was curious. Also he preferred tea.

"So you are the one that was in charge here? The Last Arch-Warlock?"

"Well you slain the others, so I guess I must be."

"So this is it then? Some weak Prismite that's too busy making coffee while it's people were slaughtered by me?"

"Well there wasn't much of a point to it now was there? You would had kill them regardless of my actions. I guided them for as long as I could, try and make them at peace in their final moments, I can die happy knowing that I did what I could do that did something... Now if it's a fight you wanted from me, I can't give you that I'm afraid. No, I have something better in stored for you!"

Before Romulus could kill it, the Last Arch-Warlock quickly used all the magic it could muster, and even it's own life-force. Turning molten and red hot from all the energy it was using, sacrificing itself by going critical. It did the forbidden for it's people, which was tearing a thread of reality and space time. From where the last Arch-Warlock once was, was now a tear through reality, that sucked Romulus in. It's people may be lost, but they were going to get the man that preformed it one way or another.

"What in Wilheeeeeeeeeellllllllllmmmmmmmmmmm!!!" Romulus screamed as the tear enveloped and sucked him in. He was unknowing of what was to happen next.

On his way to his final destination, he had experienced complete and utter incomprehensible insanity that is all existence and reality. He screamed in terror, and narrowly avoided death from being stretched apart, all while seeing the unimaginable and being hurled and flung around all over the place. The madness finally came to an end when The General had reached his final destination of the PLverse. And naturally had the gravity turn back on for him after awhile. He then saw indoor light and a floor for a brief moment, then-

CRACK

Falling head first on the tiled floor of the lobby, Romulus would soon forget what exactly happened in his nightmarish time spent traveling to the PLverse, though he'll probably only recall that it wasn't very pleasant at all. His vision was very hazy and blurry from that, even though his helmet was on, but it was slowly regaining itself, but he was also feeling nauseous too. Luckily someone was there in an instant to help him up, and even prop him up at a desk. But who was this guy, and where was he even? Where exactly did the Last Arch-Warlock send him?

He think he heard the man referred to him by rank as he was helping him up, so maybe he was somewhere in the Wilhelm Imperium? But was this even the Imperium he knew of? For all he knew this could either be an Imperium from the past or future, or even just a backwater from his current Imperium. Whatever the case, this... lobby's decor and tastes appeared to Romulus as something fitting for an grand Imperium building, like a Governor's mansion, or a grand bank, or a grand hotel. He liked it, but something still didn't seem right.

He saw where he had fell, and saw the indentation marks he made with his body. But floor was reforming itself before his eyes! What in the fu-? Then he realized where he must have fallen from, and looked up, and saw the chandler with a missing bulb. No, that can't be! He then looked around and saw all the other... certain folk in this lobby, he didn't remember the Wilhelm Imperium subjugating some of these kinds of people and things. Something was definitely wrong here! He was feeling so overwhelmed, pandemonium indeed!

But he was calmed down a bit when he saw the pastel portrait of Wilhelm XVIII on a wall, that was beautifully done, it reassured him oddly. Unless this was all indeed the future, it had to have been, it's the only thing that would make sense to him. He noticed the man that helped him up was still talking to him, and had mentioned an apartment lease or something, and said "We have no idea where we are right now," and was now handing a clipboard to him. Well that definitely isn't reassuring at all, maybe this was all a weird scam. The man's uniform didn't look legit either, like why is a desk worker wearing an weird military get-up that didn't even bear Wilhelm's face? Oh he just couldn't be bothered anymore! He better answer some questions then after he signs this.

He took the clipboard, and took out a signing pen from an compartment in his power armor. And signed the lease in the special purple ink that was reserved for high ranking officers. It read simply in cursive as General Romulus Aphrodisiac. He handed it back to the man, and looked around for a moment. He saw that there had been some fighting, pretty fierce from the remains of it. Now he definitely had to asked the man at the desk.

"I have you reminded that I am General Romulus Aphrodisac, General of Wilhelm XXIX, of the Wilhelm Imperium. Tell me this, which Wilhelm Regime is it now (Wilhelm LVI as of the present, time dilation)? And what do you mean you don't know where we are? This is the Wilhelm Imperium right? You did after all addressed me correctly by rank. And what even happened here? Looks like there's been some heavy fighting here. What in Wilhelm is going on?" He asked the cultist the many questions,, that he would pray would deliver, he hoped for something.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Chedastan wrote:
A squadron of attack helicopter gunships flew over the main advancing Imperium line to deliver a deadly payload on the Prismite defense line of their last temple. The payload was in the form of indiscriminate rocket pod, and chaingun fire. Cutting down the admirable, yet doomed defenders at their last line of defense against the unstoppable might of Wilhelm Imperium. The Prismites were helpless to stop the advance, even their best Warlocks couldn't do anything, and they were now down to their sole Arch-Warlock. The Gods and The Void had truly forsaken them.

The blitz was now over the ridge of the hill, the clouds had cleared finally, and sun was rising with them. The main blitz consisted of the grandest units Wilhelm XXIX could give to his General, General Romulus Aphrodisiac. The tanks and armored carriers stopped on top of ridge, and fired downwards at the Prismite barricades and emplacements, toppling over their Prism Pylon defenses, and wiping out the remaining Prismite Guardians that held from the strafing run in beautifully devastating cannon fire. An imposingly tall man, clad in power armor that gleamed in the sunlight, had climbed on top of a tank. And brandished with him in one hand, the Magnum Langschwert Madeleine, a sword that shined very brightly in the sunrise, and emitted rainbows that went in multiple directions. In his other hand was a pole that held the Wilhelm Imperium's banner of Wilhelm XXIX, showing his sewn on face in all his glory, alongside Wilhelm I, whose face was godly. This was the famed General of the current Regime, General Romulus Aphrodisiac.

Showing the banner proudly towards the Prismite temple to spite them, and raising his sword up high for eyes to catch it. Romulus spoke from the microphone in his helmet, that was linked to all the loudspeakers in his army, just one last speech for this campaign, before most of his men can go home finally. He turned to face the men that were present with him on the ridge and below it, all of them ready for the end to this months long campaign, and the eager for the destruction of the Prismites.

"My men of Wilhelms! This is where our history will remember a whole lot of you! As today this where we smite the Prismite menace once and for all, for Wilhelm XXIX and down to Wilhelm I! This will all be one of your major accomplishments! Those of you that die here shall be honor in The Halls, and even welcomed to Maccabees! Now lets show them the might and perseverance of the Wilhelm Imperium! Now go and slay them! For Wilhelm XXIX and for Gods and Imperium!"

Romulus lowered his sword at the Prismites, shining the bright light at the foes, showing them that they cannot escape their finale. His men cheered proudly, being inspired by their General. They then began to charged over the ridge into the temple with their halberds, ready to rid their world of the Prism scum forever. The General joined them in the charge downhill, putting himself in the vanguard of the final assault. They quickly broke through the bombed remains of the Prism barricades, and slaughtered the Guardians that were too slow to get the temple's interior. They did put up a fight though, shooting prism shards nonstop at their invaders, and getting a good couple before they were quickly overwhelmed by them.

They then broke into some kind of courtyard in the temple, the interior. Which had a big set of stairs that led to the top of the temple, where the Arch-Warlock is residing. All the Prism Guardians and activated Prism Behemoths were waiting for them, intent to fight to the bitter end. Romulus did always admired those foes that continuously fought the Imperium regardless, despite the bleakness in doing so. There was indeed honor in fighting a worthy foe.

The General gave out a loud yell to charge at the Prism defenders, and as if on cue, a tank burst out of one of the courtyard's wall and shot and toppled over one of the Behemoths. The fight was decided already. His men swarmed the Prism holdout, stabbing and shooting them at point blank in the ensuing melee. The Magnum Langschwert Madeleine sliced through Guardian bodies, and Behemoth legs like a hot and burning knife through butter. And it was just the more insulting to the Prismites that the sword was partly forged out of their corpses. Once his soldiers were almost done with the melee, after toppling over the last Behemoth, and almost killing the last defenders, Romulus rushed up the stairs alone to reach his nemesis to the campaign, the Last Arch-Warlock.

Once he reached the top, he was ready for anything his counterpart had to throw at him. But he was surprise to find that the Last Arch-Warlock was just simply making coffee on top of the temple while his people were getting slaughtered, and now having his temple burn. The Arch-Warlock just look at him briefly, and went back to making it's coffee with the coffee maker on the table. Romulus couldn't see any sort of traps the Warlock might try to pull here, and in fact they were the only beings up there. How very odd for it.

Romulus approached the Arch-Warlock, ready to just cut it down right there and leave. It didn't react to him doing so, and actually the coffee maker dinged. It pour the coffee into a mug and drank it, enjoying the taste, then turned around to see that Romulus was ready to swing his sword at him. "Wait my counterpart! Don't you want to at least try some of this first? It's good!" It exclaimed, offering a mug to The General. Who quickly smacked it out its hand, and put his sword to its body, but not through it quite yet. Romulus was curious. Also he preferred tea.

"So you are the one that was in charge here? The Last Arch-Warlock?"

"Well you slain the others, so I guess I must be."

"So this is it then? Some weak Prismite that's too busy making coffee while it's people were slaughtered by me?"

"Well there wasn't much of a point to it now was there? You would had kill them regardless of my actions. I guided them for as long as I could, try and make them at peace in their final moments, I can die happy knowing that I did what I could do that did something... Now if it's a fight you wanted from me, I can't give you that I'm afraid. No, I have something better in stored for you!"

Before Romulus could kill it, the Last Arch-Warlock quickly used all the magic it could muster, and even it's own life-force. Turning molten and red hot from all the energy it was using, sacrificing itself by going critical. It did the forbidden for it's people, which was tearing a thread of reality and space time. From where the last Arch-Warlock once was, was now a tear through reality, that sucked Romulus in. It's people may be lost, but they were going to get the man that preformed it one way or another.

"What in Wilheeeeeeeeeellllllllllmmmmmmmmmmm!!!" Romulus screamed as the tear enveloped and sucked him in. He was unknowing of what was to happen next.

On his way to his final destination, he had experienced complete and utter incomprehensible insanity that is all existence and reality. He screamed in terror, and narrowly avoided death from being stretched apart, all while seeing the unimaginable and being hurled and flung around all over the place. The madness finally came to an end when The General had reached his final destination of the PLverse. And naturally had the gravity turn back on for him after awhile. He then saw indoor light and a floor for a brief moment, then-

CRACK

Falling head first on the tiled floor of the lobby, Romulus would soon forget what exactly happened in his nightmarish time spent traveling to the PLverse, though he'll probably only recall that it wasn't very pleasant at all. His vision was very hazy and blurry from that, even though his helmet was on, but it was slowly regaining itself, but he was also feeling nauseous too. Luckily someone was there in an instant to help him up, and even prop him up at a desk. But who was this guy, and where was he even? Where exactly did the Last Arch-Warlock send him?

He think he heard the man referred to him by rank as he was helping him up, so maybe he was somewhere in the Wilhelm Imperium? But was this even the Imperium he knew of? For all he knew this could either be an Imperium from the past or future, or even just a backwater from his current Imperium. Whatever the case, this... lobby's decor and tastes appeared to Romulus as something fitting for an grand Imperium building, like a Governor's mansion, or a grand bank, or a grand hotel. He liked it, but something still didn't seem right.

He saw where he had fell, and saw the indentation marks he made with his body. But floor was reforming itself before his eyes! What in the fu-? Then he realized where he must have fallen from, and looked up, and saw the chandler with a missing bulb. No, that can't be! He then looked around and saw all the other... certain folk in this lobby, he didn't remember the Wilhelm Imperium subjugating some of these kinds of people and things. Something was definitely wrong here! He was feeling so overwhelmed, pandemonium indeed!

But he was calmed down a bit when he saw the pastel portrait of Wilhelm XVIII on a wall, that was beautifully done, it reassured him oddly. Unless this was all indeed the future, it had to have been, it's the only thing that would make sense to him. He noticed the man that helped him up was still talking to him, and had mentioned an apartment lease or something, and said "We have no idea where we are right now," and was now handing a clipboard to him. Well that definitely isn't reassuring at all, maybe this was all a weird scam. The man's uniform didn't look legit either, like why is a desk worker wearing an weird military get-up that didn't even bear Wilhelm's face? Oh he just couldn't be bothered anymore! He better answer some questions then after he signs this.

He took the clipboard, and took out a signing pen from an compartment in his power armor. And signed the lease in the special purple ink that was reserved for high ranking officers. It read simply in cursive as General Romulus Aphrodisiac. He handed it back to the man, and looked around for a moment. He saw that there had been some fighting, pretty fierce from the remains of it. Now he definitely had to asked the man at the desk.

"I have you reminded that I am General Romulus Aphrodisac, General of Wilhelm XXIX, of the Wilhelm Imperium. Tell me this, which Wilhelm Regime is it now (Wilhelm LVI as of the present, time dilation)? And what do you mean you don't know where we are? This is the Wilhelm Imperium right? You did after all addressed me correctly by rank. And what even happened here? Looks like there's been some heavy fighting here. What in Wilhelm is going on?" He asked the cultist the many questions,, that he would pray would deliver, he hoped for something.

A pair of armor-clad hands fastened on crook of elbow and round of shoulder and hauled him smoothly to his feet. The plating stopped short, limiting itself to her forearms as gauntlets and showing the prim, low-collared tan and gray uniform underneath, complete with the hourglass-and-snake pins on each side of the collar.

"Please keep your voice down," the petite young-looking woman said. her own voice hushed and gentle. Her blue eyes looked slightly mournful - a hint of bitterness and some regret firmly buried under the concern. Standing opposite the cultist, she turned her head to make sure the villagers still present hadn't been over-startled by the sudden appearance of the general.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Septimus' eyes narrowed as the Indian man spoke, and the first thing that crossed his mind was contempt. Who was this man to tell him, a time-tested politician, what to do in a time of crisis? Septimus Alsius Itum had brought entire systems to their knees and struck fear into the hearts of billions across multiple worlds. If there was ever a man who could handle a rough situation, it was him. The cyborg prepared to brush past the man before he promptly demonstrated exactly why the representative ought to listen to him.

The foot he had raised to indicate he wished to leave fell back down and Septimus softened his gaze. As the daemonette departed to procure the require carpules for Neste and rightly tell Rodney to fuck off, he offered a grin and a nod at Ogoti's words. Perhaps he could be of use after all.

Before the cyborg could offer his thanks and a proper reply, the man was off to sort out other things. It only then occurred to Septimus that he was supposed to meet with Ogoti, the man running the clinic, and the Indian man's appearance seemed to fit the name. No matter, he would have plenty of time to sort out a proper introduction and meeting later. The man who had interrupted him was right - there was still work to be done and, much as it pained him, Neste was doing well enough as could be expected without him worrying over her. The villagers had to go home, and Mayor Mercer no-doubt desired an explanation as to why the Building had appeared in what were formerly mere ruins.

Upstairs he went, brushing past relieved Residents and villagers alike as he pushed through the crowded stairs and found himself in front of the Building's library, the focal point for all the uninjured villagers to stay and wait for their families. No doubt, as Ogoti had mentioned, most of these men, women, and children simply wanted to return home before night beset them yet again so they could alert their relatives who had shut themselves in the village that they were okay.

He found himself in front of not only Giovenith and Mayor Mercer, but Captain Blackwater as well. Excellent. He wouldn't have to go rooting around to fetch her for plans about the Building's defenses.

"Captain Blackwater," he waved at the trio as he ran over to them, the commotion of villagers grabbing for food and treats irking him somewhat as it meant the mass would only be more unruly and difficult to get sorted, "Giovenith, Mayor Mercer, good to see you. With daybreak, I think it's time we sorted out the refugees and planned for tonight's defense in case the Fiends that return come with renewed vigor and numbers."
First as tragedy, then as farce

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:11 pm

"Mister Demens? Why, that's the same name as our-"

Giovenith found herself caught off in surprise by the arrival of Minerva, briefly looking between the Captain and Mayor Ayla to quickly determine how to balance the two authorities.

"Oh, Miss Blackwater," the godling greeted respectfully, quickly piling a few cookies on a plate to politely offer to the cultist leader. "So good to see you! This is Mayor Ayla Mercer..." she introduced the mayor. "... the leader of the town that all these citizens came from. We were just discussing how she will soon need assistance in bringing many of these people back to their homes, to rebuild and deliver any bad news."

For good measure, Giovenith turned back to Ayla. "Mayor Mercer, this is Captain Minerva Blackwater, one of our leaders here in the Building. She has a great deal of experience with large organization and military," she then looked between the two. "Perhaps this is a good meeting? If I may humbly put my two cents in, I think the Captain could do exceptionally at helping safely escort your citizens back where ever they need to go. The rest of will help of course, but it is a suggestion. Maybe?"

The godling was definitely in quick-thinking business mode, a side that was easy to overlook but few who knew her forgot once exposed. She sought to seize the opportunity of having the two powerful females there, given it was easier to advice leaders than to personally cat-wrangle an entire group. Speaking of... Septimus!

"And the Rep too!" the godling exclaimed, gesturing. "Perfect! We were just talking about this, Mister Itum."
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Primordial looked up at Amanda with a slightly gleeful expression written upon his haggard face. Normally the lead Luxan wore an emotionless mask of cruel calculation and malevolent purpose that betrayed his instinctual desire for control and knowledge but it seemed that know this single minded hunger had been replaced with a kind of investigatory wonder.

He currently seemed slightly more aged than usual and looked like he could have been about thirty or forty judging by his discolored skin and emerging wrinkles. No doubt it was one of the cost of using some unknown force which teeters on the brink of the possible and impossible while defending building or perhaps it was the taxation that his own history had wrought upon his physiology.

“You” he said pointing towards Amanda with a hand covered in fat veins and then motioning for her to come towards her “come take a look at these and tell me what you think.” He gestures to a set of black and white maps which look like satellite images of the surrounding area and which displayed many interesting geographic features. In the center was the outline of the apartment and surrounding it was a patchwork of forests, rivers, hills, and other natural wildscape. To the north was a section labeled caves where part of the large hill they were all on had fallen away. To the south was cluster of buildings and dark splotches that looked vaguely like a village large enough for the refugee’s they had taken in.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Cerillium wrote:Marcus gaze followed the helicopter as it descended. Excellent! His spirits became more buoyant as he slid from the truck's seat. This wouldn't be so bad. Ogoti had put him to a task he was capable of, plus he'd get to see what all the fuss was about regarding the exos. An oddly happy feeling bubbled up from deep inside, a sensation he hadn't felt since Dani and he had worked together in that weird alternate time. He supposed it had everything to do with encountering things beyond his scope of knowledge. Cool things, not ordinary and boring ones.

The young cyborg trotted up the steps and passed Primordial. Amanda was right where he'd left her and he veered to meet up with her.

He chose to overlook her questions about his dad. If Ogoti wanted him to go do something, he'd ignore his father's orders entirely. "Ogoti wants to sling load one of the exos. They're, um, big. Really, really big. Like bigger than FUBAR big. The truck could prop it up, I suppose, but it's quicker by air. I guess..."

True enough. They dwarfed the Drone. But Ogoti knew shit, and if he thought the helicopter was the best option, Marcus wasn't going to doubt him. Maybe he thought the Fiends were incapable of flying that high, and-

Wait. The Fiends. Marcus had been in such a hurry to get to the radio that he hadn't spared a glance towards the ice wall or noise beyond it. Now it struck him that it had been eerily silent outside. His ears picked up bits of conversation around him. The dawn had... banished the Fiends? It had to be true. One of the Residents was telling her shield men to go to breakfast in shifts.

An eyebrow lifted. "Amanda, did you say Neste?"

"Marcus?" A feminine voice sounded as Rylli began to walk down the stairs from up on the roof, some footsteps following her down, vibrating the stairs. Bran's wife stepped out of the way of the staircase, and her eyes shifted between Marcus, and Amanda Bela. She hadn't been introduced to the Bela's yet, having been either shut in for the past few days, or out fighting the fiends like she'd been during the battle. Her rifle was still slung over her shoulder, a few mags sticking from the pockets of her leather flight-jacket.

Following her by a few footsteps, was Bran, staring somewhat as his wife walked down the stairs in front of him, after a few years, he was thankful that he was still able to see the beauty in her. "Yeah, he's the one that called me, I think." The pilot scratched the back of his head, entering the room as well.

He was a sight for sore eyes, in some respect, carefully lugging the empty weapon's pods from his helicopter had taken it's toll, and Bran seemed a little exhausted.

"You called, yeah? Been a while, but I don't think you called for a conversation, did you need something?" He asked, his wife leaning into his side, a smile on her face.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Lobby
Cerillium wrote:"Ogoti wants to sling load one of the exos. They're, um, big. Really, really big. Like bigger than FUBAR big. The truck could prop it up, I suppose, but it's quicker by air. I guess..."

Oh. Amanda spoke just above a whisper, repeating what Marcus said as it sank in. "Bigger than FUBAR big, and we're going to go by air, in a military helicopter." She slowly turned to face Marcus, shaking her head. She raised her voice almost to normal conversational volume. "I think that's a bit much for me today. Fighting the Fiends was already more excitement as I needed."

Amanda paused for a second, as a thought slowly bubbled up in her mind. "I'm not at all sure how I'll be able to help you. I'm not very strong. Manhandling something that size is going to take some work." Her gaze wandered over to where there'd been a bit of commotion a moment ago as a new Resident arrived rather strangely. Amanda nodded in his direction. "Try him, after... ah, what's her name? It's on the tip of my tongue. I'll doubtless remember later today, when I'm more awake. After she answers his burning questions. Anyway, his armor seems to have some sort of machinery built in to it; perhaps it makes him stronger. I didn't quite catch his name, but he calls himself a general."

Amanda was about to say something else, but she was cut off by an older man wanting her attention. She excused herself from Marcus, apologizing for having to beg off.

Primordial Luxa wrote:“You” he said pointing towards Amanda with a hand covered in fat veins and then motioning for her to come towards her “come take a look at these and tell me what you think.”

Amanda drifted over, curious about what he had on display, but put off by his approach. "A little politeness goes a long way; a 'please' wouldn't hurt", she gently said to him, then turned towards the pictures. She studied them with interest, but not focus: she was too worn out to get much more than that they were maps of a small area around the Building. "How did you get these images? They're quite good for us just having arrived."

Rooftop
Cerillium wrote:A warm smile parted his lips. Sandy had done well up here. Hopefully, the others would continue to carry out his instructions in his stead. "There is work to be done, Sandy. We must meet with Miss Giovenith and Brother Itum in the Library. Those who are not critically injured must return to the village. The rest should be brought to the dining room for me to tend to."

Sandy nodded, a bit dully. Fatigue was setting in, and Sandy was distracted by what looked like a dribbling counterflow to Ogoti's magic, and sounded what like tiny fragments of other melodies under it. He couldn't quite get the sense of it, and even fully awake, he expected he'd need Pegasus' hearing to understand it.

"Let me give some orders and get a little cleaned up first." Sandy handed off the teapot containing what was left of the Ox Blood to Anias, along with all but two of the paper cups; those two he slipped into a pocket, expecting they'd get a little crushed. He showed Anais the proper dosing for the Ox Blood, and described its limitations, then thanked her for her help with the injured.

Sandy called to the stretcher bearers next. "Change in plans: take the badly injured down to the dining room, please, and send the uninjured and slightly injured back to their village after that. Commandeer both elevators for moving injured people down; they should be moved quickly and gently."

As Sandy led Ogoti to the stairs, he passed by Kwa'a, who was still with the green-haired girl. He thanked Kwa'a for keeping her company. He spared a quick hello for Torii, then took the stairs down to the sixth floor, explaining to Ogoti that he wanted to try scrubbing some of the blood off his hand and arm. Sandy took a minute to do that, and concluded the results would just have to do, despite there still being flecks of blood on his arm and shirt, and a reddish cast even to the cleaned parts of hand and forearm.

The second floor hall was crowded with villagers and Residents, and Sandy Ogoti threaded their way through them to the library. Sandy was surprised that to see that it looked like somebody had called a departmental staff meeting during a faculty luncheon, and Sandy greeted the other people trying to meet as he made his way to a chair. "Mayor, hello. Captain Blackwater, Giovenith, Representative, good morning." Sandy pulled the paper cups from his pocket, unrumpled them to something like their normal shape, and sat down, a bit heavily. That was a mistake, as now that he'd sat down, he felt as though much of his remaining energy drained away; all that had been keeping him going was tension and activity. He sagged a bit in the chair, and looked a touch haggard, especially around the eyes.

Two afterthoughts slowly registered, and Sandy pulled the complete casualty list out of his pocket along with the pad it had been torn from. They'd almost certainly need that; that was probably why he was here. Then he stacked the paper cups one inside the other and conjured the inner one full of mocha. That might perk him up; he took a small sip while looking expectantly at the others. Fortunately, this wasn't his meeting to run.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:“You” he said pointing towards Amanda with a hand covered in fat veins and then motioning for her to come towards her “come take a look at these and tell me what you think.”

Amanda drifted over, curious about what he had on display, but put off by his approach. "A little politeness goes a long way; a 'please' wouldn't hurt", she gently said to him, then turned towards the pictures. She studied them with interest, but not focus: she was too worn out to get much more than that they were maps of a small area around the Building. "How did you get these images? They're quite good for us just having arrived."

"Forgive me" He said "I'm used to working with people on a much more formal style. I don't believe we've met, i'm Primordial" He extended a hand while pointing to the pictures with the other. "I got these pictures by using some powerful light manipulators to map the shadows of everything nearby. From the shadows I was able to extrapolate these features as well as some small anomalies in the intrinsic fields and higher realities of this planet which could be interesting. Several of them are incredibly interesting and I'm planning on launching an expedition or two very soon so we can gain and understanding of our surroundings first hand. Namely this village here. We should scout it out before we send any of the villagers back to make sure that its safe, as well as these rock formations over here they look like they could be a grave site or perhaps of loci of something else."

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Until Morale Improves
After a while, Brit stopped over at the sink and began washing her hands and rinsing her mouth out. Today was not a day she would call for a personal victory. Only two of the five people she tried to help were still alive, and that weighed on her. She felt inadequate, useless, and weak. She considered herself dead weight at this point and walked out of the clinic. Everything, as this far, was under control. She walked out into the lobby, as slowly as she wanted to. Her neck was still red with blood as well as her shirt and pants. For now, she wanted to get something in her system. She needed to eat, but her appetite was about gone.

Brit refused to not eat and went into the dining room. The villagers were helping themselves to the stock. Well, that was good at least. She moved in aside and made herself an old staple from back home. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich with potato chips and a coke, only she also added on a shot of whiskey. She took the shot down first, letting it burn it's way down. It tasted like something she'd compare with gasoline or kerosene. One was enough for her, and she went about eating her small meal. She felt homesick along with everything else. So many emotions were spinning around in her head, and she just couldn't hold onto them. For now, she tended to her meal, and put resting at the bottom of her things on her to do list. Time stops for no one, at least that's what she believed, and as much as she'd like to slow down she knew it wouldn't happen. She could only go along with it like everyone else. Perhaps the others were getting along better than her. At least, that's what she hoped.

The world around her seemed to drown out, and all that really was in her bubble was herself and her food. Maybe one shot wasn't going to be enough, but she didn't want to solve her problem with alcohol. That would lead her down a long and winding road that she wished not to go down. Still, it was enough to drive her to drink. She took her hat off and let her head lean over to one side as she put her hand over her eyes. As far as she was concerned, this was the worst day yet.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Marcus understood where Amanda was coming from. He watched her walk away, conceding to the fact that she had a good point, and not overlooking the fact that she had failed to address his question about the lizard girl. If the other exo was down, how would they even strap it to Bran's helicopter. Things would be much easier if they could just rig something that would instantly lift stuff, like with balloons or something. Maybe from afar? Sorta like aiming artillery downrange and poont! and you whack them with it, and off they go.

Of course, they'd have to go somewhere besides drifting with the wind. His own thoughts drifted with the wind for a few seconds, and then he conceded another point: he wasn't knowledgeable enough to make Minerva spheres or cause things to vanish into shadows. Asking his father for help would probably result in a cuff to his ears and stern words about getting underfoot. Asking Adrastus or the priests would mean that he didn't have enough work to do already. A frown furrowed his face and he would have given up on the idea completely had a crumpled up paper near the desk not caught his attention.

The old campaign flyer was too wadded to read, but he had seen enough around Bielefeld to recognize that it belonged to Septimus' campaign. Hey, the Rep was a tech priest... er, sorta? Maybe? He went by the title "Brother", so he surely belonged to some order somewhere. Plus his election bio said something about him inventing important shit. Maybe he'd indulge the awkward teen by offering to give advice, or lend some tools, or just point him towards someone that wouldn't mock the living fuck out of him.

A soft voice interrupted Marcus' creative musings and he turned his head to find Rylli and Bran standing nearby.

"Oh, hullo," he rubbed his neck to cover his nervousness. Bran looked a little worn out. Adults. When they looked that way, they were usually too tired to do much. After all, Amanda had also looked frazzled, and he hadn't been too successful there.

"Hey, Mr. Nikanor, Ogoti wants us to lift the exo and bring it back to the Building. He said to ask you. Helicopter and all, you know. I've never been close to one, so I don't know how heavy they are. I'm guessing your aircraft would be able to, or else Ogoti wouldn't have suggested it."

The front desk cultist coughed. Ah, why did new arrivals always have to be so lost?

"This isn't any Wilhelm Regime," he shrugged at the General. "This isn't anything like the Wilhelm Imperium, meaning it doesn't exist here. Not that I'm aware of. It doesn't exist back in Bielefeld, either. But you're here, and there's that."

He smiled at Chrys and added a polite, "Evening, Ma'am." Wouldn't do to be rude to Hans' Battlemaiden.

"To summarize it," his attention returned to the General, "We were all minding our own business when the Building jumped out of its dimension. We landed here. Don't know where we are, yet. But there were Fiends, and they were attacking villagers, and everyone sort of took refuge here. The Fiends turned to ash when the sun rose, and now we're trying to make sense of everything."

The cultist took the clipboard back and passed a key over the counter. "You're in apartment 6D. Just take the stairs up to the 6th floor. Skip the elevators. We've been using them to transport the wounded."

Myra nodded at Sandy and the others before slipping under Kale's arm to help her to her apartment.

"I never get out much," she replied to Torii. "Mostly because my father has kept me busy. It hasn't been fun."

Well that was the understatement of the year! Myra's life had become a seemingly endless drudgery. She wasn't confident enough to proclaim the other teens her friends. In fact, she doubted hey even saw her as more than just some girl that occasionally removed her head from her books long enough to interact.

"Marcus and Giovenith are dating?"

Woah. Cool. But damn. She had a slight crush on the boy. And when the hell did the plant girl get so heavy? Myra grunted as she adjusted her position under Kale's arm and began to shamble towards the door.

"Whaddya mean by a weird state? With Drova, I mean. He's nice and all, but I always thought he was kinda stuck up. Or maybe he just didn't like hanging with us lowly peasants. What happened to Kale? She's all limp and stuff."

Ayla and Minerva exchanged a polite handshake and salutations. The woman's presence certainly alleviated some of Ayla's concerns. Surely the new people had some sense of military protocols. Not only had they moved quickly to rescue villagers, but their triage was above board. Minerva was then one of their higher ranking officers. This was good. It meant they have a command structure in place.

"I would be delighted to see your villagers safely home," Minerva nodded in agreement with Giovenith's suggestion, then offered a wink to Septimus as he made his way over. "My forces are still sorting themselves after the jump. Time is a pain, really."

"Say no more," Ayla's back hooves clopped as she rotated her body to address the Hag. "Dear, as nice as it is to have a free snack, these people have things they must tend to. Organize the minotaurs to serve as escorts. Let's get people gathered up. The wounded-"

"Are my responsibility," a kindly voice interjected. Ogoti and Sandy arrived in the nick of time, and Minerva took a moment to introduce everyone.

Twenty minutes later...

The villagers capable of moving under their own power spent a few last minutes thanking Residents as they shuffled through the Lobby and out the front door. Most were aghast to see nothing but ash ("Oh my god, where are my sheep?!") but the thought of returning home was enough to spur them onward.

The critically wounded had been sent to the dining room where Ogoti made rounds (he'd sent Sandy to the kitchen to see about tea, although this was simply his way of making sure the man took a minute to rest after his magical efforts). These people would leave last, most likely escorted by Residents curious about the village. A call had been put out, and some Residents (such as Myra and Torii who, having seen Kale safely to her apartment, had taken to haunting the Lobby) had gathered in anticipation of it. Everyone had been advised that a Residents Meeting would occur later in the afternoon.

And so it was that the last of the villagers found themselves preparing to move out - those with foreign limbs now had limbs that resembled their own parts, plus a bit of a memory wipe - and a table was cleared so that Ayla, Giovenith, Sandy, Septimus, Minerva and Ogoti could have a nice chat.

Minerva had caught Ayla up to speed, providing what little information she had concerning their arrival. The cervataur was dutifully impressed by the Building's properties, as well as by the efforts of its inhabitants, and had repeatedly thanked Sandy and Giovenith for their good care of her people. But now the conversation had turned to the important matters at hand.

"... on Gallimaurfy Mundi," Ayla accepted a cup of tea from Minerva with a sigh. "It's a small planet fashioned by a quiet-yet-resourceful god named Demens. Er, I suppose he's the same Demens as your landlord? Praise, him, but wonders never cease here! We rely upon Urbem Ascalon, the largest city on the planet, for our protection and most of the goods we can't grow or make on our own. The majority of our citizens hail from either there or else the Freywold. The Frey is thick with creatures that hail from fantastical settings. Unicorns, minotaurs, hags, fairies, witches - magical things. It's a rather deadly place to explore."

She added a lump of sugar to her cup before passing the bowl to Septimus. "Unfortunately, we don't know where the Fiends come from, nor who we pissed off - pardon my language - to deserve their attention. While I'm very glad that you were able to come to our aid, I'm afraid we're now sans our sheep. We rely upon them for wool, which we trade to the market in the Brood of Alessio. (That's another place. Very Greek, or so I've been told, and housed in an old crashed spaceship in the middle of a volcanic area.) The sheep were magical. You could shear them once a week and their wool would always grow back."

The mayor eyed the assembled Residents and chuckled. "You know, when people turn up here, it's usually one or two at a time. It's not often that an entire structure suddenly materializes. I can see your no stranger to magic. I can only hope that Demens - may he bless us all - has a reason for it."

Ocho had returned with the spare carpules, and Thaddeus administered them to Neste. The thade didn't stick around however. He had chosen to hunt Marcus down in order to see about bringing Nila back.

Neste didn't respond, nor had Thaddeus expected her to. He gently tucked her into the bed and opened the window blinds to allow in warm sunshine, then took up his post in a vacant chair.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:18 pm

"Thanks," Kwa'a said, smiling gratefully at the teens and... Huh, that was the Mr. Bela who she had discussed Sharlut with? Her leg felt alright; her neck, the same. She didn't wish to test that by removing bandages... She could make it downstairs. Now how to exit the roof? She wandered around for a few moments, carefully going around the worse injured, waving to Euphemia and her father... Finally a stairwell came into view. Carefully, she stepped on the old-looking wood; it held her weight easily.

Soon, she had reached the ninth floor. Home, or the elevator? Trying the button for the latter, she found it crammed full of injured people. "Sorry!" Stepping back, she limped to 9A. (If she had to deal with more than a few more flights of stairs, she needed to sit and rest first.) Her key was on a necklace as well. Opening the door, she dashed to the kitchen and grabbed her sack, some bread, and the leftovers from the previous day's breakfast, which she ate while using a spare bottle of clove oil to disinfect her wounds. They were smaller, less concerning; it still smarted. Perhaps she should research modern antiseptics.

Now, grimacing, she prepared for her trek. A nut-butter sandwich for Rmwtyliin, one for herself, bottled water, perhaps Rmwtyliin's phone so that they could stay in contact more easily... The easiest method of finding a phone was to call it. Hers was in the sack, wrapped in cloth.

Navigating to the keypad, she hit the '5' speed dial. (1-4 she was saving for emergency contacts.) [Call Rimwitileen?] Yes. Nothing? Nothing? Not hearing the phone, Kwa'a considered skipping it. It would need charging, it seemed... Wait, wouldn't other realities be out of the coverage area? Of course this wouldn't work.

The chair was certainly comfy. If hours or however long it had been out of touch hadn't hurt... Would thirty minutes? Finishing off her breakfast, she headed to her room and crawled into bed.

---

At long last, Nick had exited the library. Almost there... In instants he was in the kitchen. A few more - the brown blur had the fridge open and was trying to talk himself out of eating the beef straight out of the bag.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:29 pm

"Yeah, Kale is heavy.", Torii chuckled, observing Myra. "I expected her to be a little lighter, being so tiny."

The way down to the lobby was slow and tiring, but it did give Torii time to talk with the other girl, and to think over what a meeting could entail for them. She wanted some answers. She also wanted sleep, but that could wait.

"Your dad? Have you tried asking for some time off or something?", she asked Myra. "I mean, sorry if I'm wrong about something, but Teens usually can get their parents to let them off sometimes, right? I, uh, don't really have parents, to I'm not super knowledgeable here."

She nodded back to Myra's questions. "Yeah. they've been going out or something for, like, a year I think. Marcus had a big crush on Gio, and, uh...well, I didn't think I had a chance or anything, or I decided to help him out. I don't regret that, I guess, since Marcus and Gio are awesome, but it does get kind of lonely now sometimes, since they work at their observatory. I'm stuck here, and I work for the raptors."

"Drova is nice, I guess. I wanted him to hang out more. He was actually all bent out of shape at my birthday last year because he used to hang out with Octavian, that other prince? And, well, Octavian...", Torii stopped talking. She actually had to take a moment to think that incident over, and stuttered. "He wasn't a very cool guy. Anyways, I like Drova, but...can I ask you something? I asked Tsu last night, and her sister, and they gave me advice, but I just don't know."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:14 pm

"Hey, Mr. Nikanor, Ogoti wants us to lift the exo and bring it back to the Building. He said to ask you. Helicopter and all, you know. I've never been close to one, so I don't know how heavy they are. I'm guessing your aircraft would be able to, or else Ogoti wouldn't have suggested it."

Bran's eyebrows raised slightly, standing in front of Marcus. He hadn't really bothered with anyone else in the room, considering Marcus was the one who might as well have said his name 3 times in a row. That brought a slight chuckle to the man as he listened to the requisition for his helicopter. "The Exo? Probably saw it while I was out there, but what is the Exo again?" He asked. He stopped talking for a moment, both waiting for Marcus' answer, and cracking his jaw, moving it from side to side.

"It's that huge thing, Bran, fell over I think." Rylli pointed out, a concerned look on his face. "Was anyone in it?" She asked, turning to Marcus, her rifle jingling as it brushed over her coat, the barrel still smoking somewhat. "Bran, I think the Twinblade can take it, yeah?"

Bran nodded, but still waited for a response.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse