NATION

PASSWORD

Portal's Home for Imagined Threads: Find Your Next RP Here!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:17 am

Alleniana wrote:Gee, to be honest, I thought this'd be more popular.

Usually people make ideas for their own RP, not for the ideas to be OP'ed by other people.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:32 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Usually people make ideas for their own RP, not for the ideas to be OP'ed by other people.

I like the idea of people being able to use this thread, and often encourage players who like my RPs to carry on the RP even if I leave it. Thus I feel this thread is great.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:03 am

I think that I've actually passed that stage; first I RPed and had lots of ideas, but then began to run out of time and motivation to RP despite having ideas, but now I'm even a bit out of ideas.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:27 am

It's a bit difficult to get the ball rolling until we have a sufficient number of abandoned ideas to adopt off. That, of course, takes time because people have to see the thread first and dig up all those ideas they threw away because they didn't think they'd work and then sift through and determine the ones they're really not interested in and willing to give up.
First as tragedy, then as farce

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:30 am

Highfort wrote:

It's a bit difficult to get the ball rolling until we have a sufficient number of abandoned ideas to adopt off. That, of course, takes time because people have to see the thread first and dig up all those ideas they threw away because they didn't think they'd work and then sift through and determine the ones they're really not interested in and willing to give up.

I have 2 ideas (well, one idea, and one gimmick), but neither are fleshed out enough for the form.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:31 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Highfort wrote:

I have 2 ideas (well, one idea, and one gimmick), but neither are fleshed out enough for the form.

If you want to drop them here, you can always update your posts to reflect more detail.
Last edited by Highfort on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:36 am

Highfort wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I have 2 ideas (well, one idea, and one gimmick), but neither are fleshed out enough for the form.

If you want to drop them here, you can always update your posts to reflect more detail.

If I leave them here, I'm not coming back for them. They'd be public domain. Me leaving an idea here is akin to me not wanting to be involved anymore.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:40 am

The Templar High Council wrote:If I leave them here, I'm not coming back for them. They'd be public domain. Me leaving an idea here is akin to me not wanting to be involved anymore.

Fair enough. I just figured you could leave them here and, if you found any notes or remembered anything about them, you might add it to help out the person claiming your idea. You don't have to, of course.

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:48 am

I hereby, through filling out this application, give up all creative control of the following roleplay idea and concept to whoever is viewing this thread and desires to develop it. I will not, under any circumstances, attack, belittle, or attempt to punish anyone who claims the idea I have given up in this thread through methods including, but not limited to: threatening telegrams, using mods, spamming the person’s threads, or any such behavior unbefitting a friendly roleplayer. This is validated by me filling out the application below, beginning with my name.

Nation Name:
Empire of Gibraltar
Premise:
International Crime RP
Franchise:
Grand Theft Auto
Details about World:
World of GTA
Details about Possible Plots:
Trying to become the richest crime boss in the world.
Additional Details:
Would be a character/faction RP

Previous Incarnations:
None

Thanks for looking over my idea! If you do choose to develop it into a fully-fledged roleplay, please do give me credit by adding “Based on a concept by the Empire of Gibraltar” in your opening post somewhere that’s visible.
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:13 am

Highfort wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:If I leave them here, I'm not coming back for them. They'd be public domain. Me leaving an idea here is akin to me not wanting to be involved anymore.

Fair enough. I just figured you could leave them here and, if you found any notes or remembered anything about them, you might add it to help out the person claiming your idea. You don't have to, of course.

Nah, I have the ideas as done as they are, just no motivation to carry them further.

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:04 pm

I hereby, through filling out this application, give up all creative control of the following roleplay idea and concept to whoever is viewing this thread and desires to develop it. I will not, under any circumstances, attack, belittle, or attempt to punish anyone who claims the idea I have given up in this thread through methods including, but not limited to: threatening telegrams, using mods, spamming the person’s threads, or any such behavior unbefitting a friendly roleplayer. This is validated by me filling out the application below, beginning with my name.

Nation Name: Hornesia
Premise: Serial/Spree Killer or cult strikes in area affected by a natural disaster.
Franchise: Concept based off of comments made by Rust Cohle in True Detective, but not limited to that universe.
Details about World: Would likely take place in a rural environment in the Southeastern United states if using the hurricane idea from True Detective, or Midwestern US if tornadoes. It could also conceivably take place abroad or in an urban environment such as New Orleans or Mobile.
Details about Possible Plots: Law Enforcement attempting to apprehend killers
Local civilians trying to survive
Societal effects of natural disasters on public safety and societal order.
Additional Details: Left this intentionally vague. I have not had much success as an OP idea and structure wise and felt that someone else could use this idea to fuller potential.

Previous Incarnations: N/A

Thanks for looking over my idea! If you do choose to develop it into a fully-fledged roleplay, please do give me credit by adding “Based on a concept by Hornesia” in your opening post somewhere that’s visible.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Paedagog
Secretary

Founded: Jun 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Paedagog » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Okay, Agy your thoughts on this... I'm thinking ideas should contain something other than "normal things to do in an existing franchise".

For example, is this worth listing:

Nation Name: Swith Witherward
Premise: Ponies pick apples.
Franchise: MLP:FIM
Details about World: Equestria
Details about Possible Plots: picks lots of apples
Additional Details:
Previous Incarnations: None

Anyone could come up with that idea, and there isn't anything unique about it. It takes directly from a franchise, and is basically playing out things found in that franchise.

This is a bit more unique:

Premise: The Retinue - Ponyhammer 40K
Franchise: MLP:FIM/Warhammer 40K Crossover
Details about World: To be a Pony in such times is to be one amongst untold billions.
It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable.This is the tale of these times.
[And thus do I proceed to make 40K fans scream in agony as I bastardize the entire 40Kverse to fit my nefarious Pony plans, renaming everything to fit the Equestria theme.]
Details about Possible Plots: The light of the God-Princess Celestia stands between humanity and destruction. Against myriad enemies, the Ecclesiarchy defends the faith with bolt, chain, and friendship. You are playing as part of an Inquisitor's Retinue. Each Pony is expected to be loyal to Celestia and steadfast in their quest to purge the world of Chaos. The RP features the exploits of an Inquisitor and his retinue and they deal with heresy both in colonies and on board their own ship.
Additional Details: banner.
Last edited by Paedagog on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ flunky account - ℘ædagog

Highfort
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:15 pm

That's an excellent point. Gibraltar, I have nothing against the GTA franchise but having the premise of the RP be "international crime RP" and "Trying to become the richest crime boss in the world" isn't an original idea that shows creativity on your part. That's just the general premise of GTA, minus the whole "crime boss" part. Now, if you had a specific idea that took place in the GTA world, that would be different.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:58 am

Paedagog wrote:Okay, Agy your thoughts on this... I'm thinking ideas should contain something other than "normal things to do in an existing franchise".

Additional Details:

Anyone could come up with that idea, and there isn't anything unique about it. It takes directly from a franchise, and is basically playing out things found in that franchise.

:P Well, I mean, I doubt anyone has ever run an RP like that before, whereas a MLP/40K crossover actually exists...
But yes, I agree. Particularly generic things should be screened out; GTA crime boss, maybe not even, but something like "2015 pick a character" or "the year is x pick a country to play", yes.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:51 am

Nation Name: Altito Asmoro
Premise: The Golden Age of Piracy on 18th century with magic.
Franchise: Partially based on One Piece and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, with the other partial being historical setting.
Details about World: Black Flag
One Piece
-Flying Dutchman's letters.
-Native American's treasure.
Additional Details: Main setting in Caribbean, but the important plots will be set up in Bahamas, British colony at that time.

Previous Incarnations: IC and OOC

8 pages of OOC and 1 page of IC, it's a good RP.
Thanks for looking over my idea! If you do choose to develop it into a fully-fledged roleplay, please do give me credit by adding “Based on a concept by [nation name]” in your opening post somewhere that’s visible.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Badafar
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Badafar » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:12 am

Paedagog wrote:Okay, Agy your thoughts on this... I'm thinking ideas should contain something other than "normal things to do in an existing franchise".

Additional Details:

Details about World: To be a Pony in such times is to be one amongst untold billions.
It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable.This is the tale of these times.
[And thus do I proceed to make 40K fans scream in agony as I bastardize the entire 40Kverse to fit my nefarious Pony plans, renaming everything to fit the Equestria theme.]
Details about Possible Plots: The light of the God-Princess Celestia stands between humanity and destruction. Against myriad enemies, the Ecclesiarchy defends the faith with bolt, chain, and friendship. You are playing as part of an Inquisitor's Retinue. Each Pony is expected to be loyal to Celestia and steadfast in their quest to purge the world of Chaos. The RP features the exploits of an Inquisitor and his retinue and they deal with heresy both in colonies and on board their own ship.

My little pony and Warhammer 40k? Surely not.. no.. while it's interesting, I don't think it's a very good crossover. Also pretty sure watching MLP is heresy to begin with :p

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 am

Hornesia wrote:I hereby, through filling out this application, give up all creative control of the following roleplay idea and concept to whoever is viewing this thread and desires to develop it. I will not, under any circumstances, attack, belittle, or attempt to punish anyone who claims the idea I have given up in this thread through methods including, but not limited to: threatening telegrams, using mods, spamming the person’s threads, or any such behavior unbefitting a friendly roleplayer. This is validated by me filling out the application below, beginning with my name.

Premise: Serial/Spree Killer or cult strikes in area affected by a natural disaster.
Franchise: Concept based off of comments made by Rust Cohle in True Detective, but not limited to that universe.
Details about World: Would likely take place in a rural environment in the Southeastern United states if using the hurricane idea from True Detective, or Midwestern US if tornadoes. It could also conceivably take place abroad or in an urban environment such as New Orleans or Mobile.
Details about Possible Plots: Law Enforcement attempting to apprehend killers
Local civilians trying to survive
Societal effects of natural disasters on public safety and societal order.
Additional Details: Left this intentionally vague. I have not had much success as an OP idea and structure wise and felt that someone else could use this idea to fuller potential.

Thanks for looking over my idea! If you do choose to develop it into a fully-fledged roleplay, please do give me credit by adding “Based on a concept by Hornesia” in your opening post somewhere that’s visible.

Awesome, I had a similar idea a while back.

Badafar wrote:

Additional Details:

My little pony and Warhammer 40k? Surely not.. no.. while it's interesting, I don't think it's a very good crossover. Also pretty sure watching MLP is heresy to begin with :p

My blood starts to boil!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:46 am

My second RP...

Nation Name: The Starlight
Premise: Players enter a Virtual Reality game which can take them to any franchise world that they wish.
Franchise: Literally any franchise.
Details about World: Earth is a bit advanced, thanks to the creator of the VR game (Virtual Reality Online or VRO), called Dallen Thomsen.
Details about Possible Plots: Players have to defeat a person who has hacked into the VR game before the person finds a way to travel back to their world and use tech from franchises to conquer the world. That's just a potential one, take all liberties. Or it could be a sandbox RP where the RPers travel to any franchise world they like and do stuff.
Additional Details: I added classes such as defenders, rangers, swashbucklers, and the like, it's up to whoever, if anyone does take this. Also, you'll want to decide which worlds you'll be going to before you start the RP. And, for example, if you're visiting the world of Percy Jackson, perhaps the characters should become demigods.

Previous Incarnations: VRO OOC 1. VRO IC 1. VRO OOC 2. VRO IC 2.

Thanks for looking over my idea! If you do choose to develop it into a fully-fledged roleplay, please do give me credit by adding “Based on a concept by [nation name]” in your opening post somewhere that’s visible.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:47 am

Highfort wrote:That's an excellent point. Gibraltar, I have nothing against the GTA franchise but having the premise of the RP be "international crime RP" and "Trying to become the richest crime boss in the world" isn't an original idea that shows creativity on your part. That's just the general premise of GTA, minus the whole "crime boss" part. Now, if you had a specific idea that took place in the GTA world, that would be different.

Cylarn actually ran a GTA Universe RP without the "international" aspect, and it went pretty well.
Link
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Nation Name: Harbertia
Premise: A light fantasy RP set in a world of humanoid creatures whose society resembles the online gaming communities of Club Penguin and the adventure game Neopets: The Darkest Fairy.
Franchise: N/A
Details about World:
The Kingdom has it's roots in the Dark Era, a time when food was scarce, the land lay dying, and everyone struggled. Most of the rising Neelings of this era fought over the resources that existed; save a small group of hopefuls. The Pilgrims where a group who taught ways counter to the greed, and hate of those around them. They promoted the sharing of resources, and a sense of fellowship; "We are all in this together." on their journey they made many allies who joined them, and upon reaching this valley, a place with abundant nature, they established their home. Over the years, the Neeling's have established a monarchy to represent themselves. Along with a knightly council to defend the land, as outsiders, so use to taking what they want, occasionally make plans to steal from the Neelings by force. Technology wise the Kingdom has what we would consider a mixture of technology. It's primarily a land of medieval activity, however it's not unlikely to stumble upon a steam powered machine, a musket, or even a computer from time to time. It's also adopted something called a 'Token', a coin which can be used when dealing with outsiders, as a reward for effort, or even to trade when something of equal value is absent. Bakeries, Food Courts, and Gaming Centers all accept the Token, and it's introduction has allowed businesses to bloom.
  • Discopian Nightmare: The plot of this one is rather simple, you, and other Neelings have traveled to Discopia for a few weeks of entertainment. However, your fun will be short lived when the forces of Commander Croc strike from hiding, and claim the settlement for Crocodillia. What can a few party goers possible do about it?
Additional Details:
  • Neelings come in all kinds of shapes, and sizes; from definitively small, to towering. Neelings of the Kingdom are a diverse collection of species resembling animals of our own world; or even a combination of animals. Mostly mammals though a coldblooded minority exists.

Previous Incarnations: Neelings: Cute Fantasy RP

Thanks for looking over my idea! If you do choose to develop it into a fully-fledged roleplay, please do give me credit by adding “Based on a concept by Harbertia” in your opening post somewhere that’s visible.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:08 am

Badafar wrote:My little pony and Warhammer 40k? Surely not.. no.. while it's interesting, I don't think it's a very good crossover. Also pretty sure watching MLP is heresy to begin with :p

Pshaw! I've run a drunken dare Care Bear-40K crossover, ala Rogue Trader in setting. Great success. Some gaming companions and I did a 40K spoof of Toy Story - Naphammer 40K - whereby the figs in the box came to life and set out to kill Matt Ward. Spectacular! Slaanesh had a Barbie doll body with a Ken head, and Nurgle was a cat's coughed up hairball under the kid's bed. There is nothing so sweet and innocent that can't be bastardized into deliciously grimdark and crunchy for the sake of laughing on a weekday night.

Dibs on the Ponyhammer example. I might sit down one day and rape lore to cobble something comical together.

Also: updating the adoption lists momentarily.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:09 am

Heh, I remember reading something like NapHammer 40K once.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Cerillium wrote: deliciously grimdark and crunchy

I just pictured black Doritos
:blink:

It's only 8:34 am, I don't know what's going on.

Anyway, could we consider genre divisions for the idea list once it gets longer?

Badafar
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Badafar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am

Nation Name: Badafar
Premise: The roleplay focuses around characters as individual members of Venom Snake's Outer Heaven, a mercenary group leading an independent nation of soldiers.
Franchise: Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid
Details about World: http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Outer_Heaven_Uprising http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Events
Details about Possible Plots: Plot consists of the years up until 1995 within Outer Heaven.
Additional Details: People will be roleplaying mercenaries, either in a squad or not who are sent out to countries around the world, third and first world to act as things like VIP escorts, armed security, hired soldiers in armed conflict, hostage rescue etc.

Last edited by Badafar on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hornesia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Premise: Rescue party searching for lost hikers in the wilderness is attacked by El Chupacabra.
Franchise: N/A
Details about World: The scenario would be a person or group of people that went hiking went missing with little warning. A group of law enforcement, search and rescue, emergency medical service, and other officials would head out to find them, only to be attacked (and possibly killed off one by one) by El Chupacabra.
Arches National Park, Big Bend National Park, Death Valley National Park, Joshua Tree National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Dixie National Forrest, Santa Fe National Forrest, Rio Grande Valley, California Desert in general, etc.

Additional Details: Again, Idea I had that I do not have the skill to turn into an actual roleplay.

Last edited by Hornesia on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse