NATION

PASSWORD

A New Pantheon (Deity RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Illan wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Seriously, though. Finding an accurate picture of a Canaanite that actually looks like one is near impossible.

Most results look like this. Painters don't know what Middle Easterners look like, evidently.

Lol, what now? What's this about Canaanites outta nowhere?

Thinking about my goddess. I had to use mostly text for description because there's no remotely suitable pictures.
Last edited by The Ik Ka Ek Akai on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Ah, the glorious town of New Marker.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Nation/Faction name: The Grand Tempest
Race(s):Goblins, Dwavres, Humans, Wood Elves, Ents, Orcs
Patron God(s): Asum ben Garin, Charred Ones believe in the Lady of the Forest but in a minor respect
Current Leader(s): Asum ben Garin, the Thun'tenchu
Brief History: Made by Asum ben Garin in order to fullfill the prophecy after the chaining of Chaos to give the Goblins and the residence of the Mong Mountains and the Ashen Valley to be able to raid the world of their riches and rule them all in a sea of storms and chaos. The first one to recive the vision from Asum ben Garin were a Goblin tribe known as the Skyfishermen who were the first and only known of the Goblins in the world who ride the Mong Skyfish and are the most powerful storm mages in history. They used this magic to conquer the Mong Goblins when they went back to the Mong Mountains from escaping to the northern valley below as they had made contact with the Gron'lo or Bone Dwarves who had became the smiths and heavy warriors of the Tempest when they were starting in their infancy and they were the ones that started to make the first cities in the mountains and bridges between the mountain gorges.

The Gron'lo also were one of the peoples that help established the rules of military hierarchy in the Tempest as the Goblins were stupid yet pulled in the numbers for their military. The first city was known as the Seat of the Raider where Asum ben Garin sits on a throne and the Mong Skywhales roots and the lightingsmith magic came to the Gron'lo. This is also where they had started to teach a more reform teaching of the Storm Raider which also came with the acceptance of the Charred Ones and the expansion of control into the Ashen Valley to get the Wood Elves and Ents that have been " charred" by Asum ben Garin when Chaos was destroying creation.

They are known as the most passive of the Grand Tempest's member races but they are to be very aggressive and defensive against the Mong Mountains in the North of the Lady of the Forest as they are consider the " wards of thunder" against the forest and are not called into large-scale raids but served as priest and healers in the Tempest. They were also the ones who made the Thun'tenchu or Thundercloud Council for each of the member races can be represented by the eyes of the Storm Raider, which was the " Raidmaster" of the Tempest. Many settlements were built along the Mong Mountain Range but only a few cities were made until they had absorbed the Orcs of the Bazak Al' Cani and they were known as the most civilized and equal to the Gron'lo when it came to being builders and strong elite warriors of the Tempest.

Now they have grown large and the storms are gathering as they are about to have their season soon as they will do prophecy and take the world by lighting bolt and fury to make the world their playground
Geographical area and key features:http://i.imgur.com/20vWbpR.jpg
Other details: The Tempest is actually a mixture of a confederation and a horde with each contributing their own tech and culture so their is no constant tech but the Tempest does have access to a few cannons but most are high medieval. Many of the Tempest teaches both collective and individualistic means.

Among the Tempest, there are five member states. The Gron'lo, the Kan Humans, the Skyfishermen and the Mong Goblins, the Charred Ones, and the Bazak Al' Cani. Everyone but the Charred Ones contribute to the military of the Tempest but the Charred Ones do defend the forest that they claim and spread the message of ben Garin.

The Bazak are Orcs who live in Wastelands and Deserts and have a Tartar culture and pull in the cavalry that isn't a lighting beast or a Goblin riding one. Most citites and settlements were built by the Gron'lo when they had settled back the Mong Mountains. The largest of the member states of the Tempest are the Mong Goblins and Skyfisherman and they pull mostly horde tactics against their enemies.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:26 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Illan wrote:
Lol, what now? What's this about Canaanites outta nowhere?

Thinking about my goddess. I had to use mostly text for description because there's no remotely suitable pictures.

Ah, alrighty. I'll have to look for things about my god dude. Expect a guy with slightly stony skin.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Name: Katmija Elfkiller
Race:Orc
Allegiance:The Baga tribe
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance:I know, I know, she’s blue. I’m the OP, there’s blue orcs now!

Personality: Katmija is a proud and charismatic orc, angered and ashamed of the state which her people find themselves in – looked down upon by the world around them as they squabble amongst themselves. To her fellow Kai and followers she can be a kind a compassionate individual, truly caring and empathetic, however for her foes she is cruel and unforgiving – especially to those not of her own race. She believes that Kai’denn should once again be returned to its rightful place as a premier world power, firstly by strengthening its unity and take a firm stance against foreign aggression, reminding the world why stories of orc hordes are used to frighten young children.

Weaknesses:
Ultranationist – Katmija considers the Kai to be the rightful rulers of Drinda, and as such does not tend to mesh well with foreigners. While she is not stupid and knows when co-operation and a false smile may be required, sometimes her near-racism and jingoism can bubble to the surface.

Strong, but not too strong for an Orc – While still wielding the strength of an Orc, as a female Katmija is weaker than the average male Orc. She usually makes up for this with skill, speed, and manoeuvrability. But against a similarly capable opponent, this weakness can be a real hamper.

Strengths:
Adept warrior – Katmija has proven herself time and again to be gifted on the field of battle, especially at close quarters. She is especially gifted in terms of speed and maneuverability.

Master tactician – More than capable in the midst of a fight and having dedicated countless hours to training her hands with a blade, while Katmija is a highly capable strategist, she was born with a gift for military tactics, making her a formidable leader.

Inspiring presence – Katmija knows how to rally her forces and command the respect and loyalty of those beneath her. By treating her allies and people fairly and just, she has helped keep them together through thick and thin.

Special Skills and Defining Traits:
Pretty well covered in Strengths and Weaknesses I think.

Bio:
Born to the Chief of the Baga tribe, Katmija was raised to stories of past ages of greatness and groomed by her father who recognised his daughter’s immense potential. Even though her mother passed away when she was young, Katmija grew up with an extended tribal family – with the whole tribe dependent on one another in order to survive their nomadic existence. As she aged, Katmija showed exceptional talent with a blade and with tactics, organising hunting parties with flawless precision – it was inevitable that when she came of age she was taken on her first raid.

The party spent two weeks away from the tribe, raiding small farmhouses that had settled too close to the porous border. There was little in the way of opposition to the marauding warband, with her father and the other leaders of the group having arranged for the outing to be a simple one so as to ease in some of the younglings that were accompanying them. However, as they began to make their way back following a successful raid, they found themselves pursued and ambushed by a band of elven mercenaries hired to deter the Kai’denn tribes. Unprepared, the orcs suffered losses as the warband found itself split-up, with Katmija finding herself alone and hiding in an abandoned band. Hours crept by with the distant sound of fighting ringing in the young orc’s ears. She had felt terrified, uncertain whether she would ever return to the beautiful forests of her home.

Eventually, a figure entered the building. An elf clad in bloodied armour and wielding a red-stained sword. As he moved around the structure, convinced that it was empty of both friend and foe, Katmija watched him from where she hid. Anger, fear and adrenalin driving her, she crept slowly along the upper level of the building, her eyes never leaving the warrior beneath her whilst her hands clasped the small dagger that her father had gifted her. As she crouched above the elf, his gaze staring out into the fields beyond, she let out a determined cry – throwing herself onto him and plunging the blade into his back.

Later on she would discover that the elf had in fact been a member of a mercenary guild, out on a quest to try and prevent the incursions from the orcs following a number of particularly bloody raids from another clan. With their leader killed, the bandit clan found itself flailing and eventually routed by Katmija’s father. When they returned to the clan, Katmija was praised and hailed as a hero, christened ‘Elfkiller’ in honour of the deed. She wears the name to this day.

However, that encounter was but the first of many. Convinced that they were facing a terrifying orc menace, the neighbouring settlers continued to hire mercenary groups, even launching attacks into Kai’denn territory to try and drive the tribes back. In one of the final raids before the Baga left the area, Katmija’s father was mortally wounded and passed away not long after returning. With their chief gone, the clan elected to have Katmija as their new leader – a lack of any challenges sealed the deal and established her as chief.

Since that day, Katmija has had to lead her people inland in an attempt to escape the vengeful mercenaries. There she tried to help them re-establish themselves, but discovered how corrupt and divided their once-glorious nation had become. Constantly harassed and bullied by the larger clans, the Baga found themselves falling on hard times until the head of the Khorli clan allowed them to roam within their lands. Katmija felt like she owed the chieftain an immense debt, so when he proposed to her and a number of other tribal leaders the prospect of rising up in revolt against the depravity of the King and the shameful state of their nation, she was only too ready to agree. Now Katmija is fighting a war against her own people with the dream of seeing their glory restored. She has shown herself to be a formidable commander and already has rumours and tales of her deeds and victories being spread with whispered voices and – sometimes – cautious hope.

Nationality/Kingdom of Origin: Kai’denn

Edit: Righto, first mortal char app! Thoughts?
Last edited by Bentus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Ralnis wrote:Nation/Faction name: The Grand Tempest
Race(s):Goblins, Dwavres, Humans, Wood Elves, Ents, Orcs
Patron God(s): Asum ben Garin, Charred Ones believe in the Lady of the Forest but in a minor respect
Current Leader(s): Asum ben Garin, the Thun'tenchu
Brief History: Made by Asum ben Garin in order to fullfill the prophecy after the chaining of Chaos to give the Goblins and the residence of the Mong Mountains and the Ashen Valley to be able to raid the world of their riches and rule them all in a sea of storms and chaos. The first one to recive the vision from Asum ben Garin were a Goblin tribe known as the Skyfishermen who were the first and only known of the Goblins in the world who ride the Mong Skyfish and are the most powerful storm mages in history. They used this magic to conquer the Mong Goblins when they went back to the Mong Mountains from escaping to the northern valley below as they had made contact with the Gron'lo or Bone Dwarves who had became the smiths and heavy warriors of the Tempest when they were starting in their infancy and they were the ones that started to make the first cities in the mountains and bridges between the mountain gorges.

The Gron'lo also were one of the peoples that help established the rules of military hierarchy in the Tempest as the Goblins were stupid yet pulled in the numbers for their military. The first city was known as the Seat of the Raider where Asum ben Garin sits on a throne and the Mong Skywhales roots and the lightingsmith magic came to the Gron'lo. This is also where they had started to teach a more reform teaching of the Storm Raider which also came with the acceptance of the Charred Ones and the expansion of control into the Ashen Valley to get the Wood Elves and Ents that have been " charred" by Asum ben Garin when Chaos was destroying creation.

They are known as the most passive of the Grand Tempest's member races but they are to be very aggressive and defensive against the Mong Mountains in the North of the Lady of the Forest as they are consider the " wards of thunder" against the forest and are not called into large-scale raids but served as priest and healers in the Tempest. They were also the ones who made the Thun'tenchu or Thundercloud Council for each of the member races can be represented by the eyes of the Storm Raider, which was the " Raidmaster" of the Tempest. Many settlements were built along the Mong Mountain Range but only a few cities were made until they had absorbed the Orcs of the Bazak Al' Cani and they were known as the most civilized and equal to the Gron'lo when it came to being builders and strong elite warriors of the Tempest.

Now they have grown large and the storms are gathering as they are about to have their season soon as they will do prophecy and take the world by lighting bolt and fury to make the world their playground
Geographical area and key features:http://i.imgur.com/20vWbpR.jpg
Other details: The Tempest is actually a mixture of a confederation and a horde with each contributing their own tech and culture so their is no constant tech but the Tempest does have access to a few cannons but most are high medieval. Many of the Tempest teaches both collective and individualistic means.

Among the Tempest, there are five member states. The Gron'lo, the Kan Humans, the Skyfishermen and the Mong Goblins, the Charred Ones, and the Bazak Al' Cani. Everyone but the Charred Ones contribute to the military of the Tempest but the Charred Ones do defend the forest that they claim and spread the message of ben Garin.

The Bazak are Orcs who live in Wastelands and Deserts and have a Tartar culture and pull in the cavalry that isn't a lighting beast or a Goblin riding one. Most citites and settlements were built by the Gron'lo when they had settled back the Mong Mountains. The largest of the member states of the Tempest are the Mong Goblins and Skyfisherman and they pull mostly horde tactics against their enemies.

Accepted.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Bentus wrote:Name: Katmija Elfkiller

Personality: Katmija is a proud and charismatic orc, angered and ashamed of the state which her people find themselves in – looked down upon by the world around them as they squabble amongst themselves. To her fellow Kai and followers she can be a kind a compassionate individual, truly caring and empathetic, however for her foes she is cruel and unforgiving – especially to those not of her own race. She believes that Kai’denn should once again be returned to its rightful place as a premier world power, firstly by strengthening its unity and take a firm stance against foreign aggression, reminding the world why stories of orc hordes are used to frighten young children.

Weaknesses:
Ultranationist – Katmija considers the Kai to be the rightful rulers of Drinda, and as such does not tend to mesh well with foreigners. While she is not stupid and knows when co-operation and a false smile may be required, sometimes her near-racism and jingoism can bubble to the surface.

Strong, but not too strong for an Orc – While still wielding the strength of an Orc, as a female Katmija is weaker than the average male Orc. She usually makes up for this with skill, speed, and manoeuvrability. But against a similarly capable opponent, this weakness can be a real hamper.

Strengths:
Adept warrior – Katmija has proven herself time and again to be gifted on the field of battle, especially at close quarters. She is especially gifted in terms of speed and maneuverability.

Master tactician – More than capable in the midst of a fight and having dedicated countless hours to training her hands with a blade, while Katmija is a highly capable strategist, she was born with a gift for military tactics, making her a formidable leader.

Inspiring presence – Katmija knows how to rally her forces and command the respect and loyalty of those beneath her. By treating her allies and people fairly and just, she has helped keep them together through thick and thin.

Bio:
Born to the Chief of the Baga tribe, Katmija was raised to stories of past ages of greatness and groomed by her father who recognised his daughter’s immense potential. Even though her mother passed away when she was young, Katmija grew up with an extended tribal family – with the whole tribe dependent on one another in order to survive their nomadic existence. As she aged, Katmija showed exceptional talent with a blade and with tactics, organising hunting parties with flawless precision – it was inevitable that when she came of age she was taken on her first raid.

The party spent two weeks away from the tribe, raiding small farmhouses that had settled too close to the porous border. There was little in the way of opposition to the marauding warband, with her father and the other leaders of the group having arranged for the outing to be a simple one so as to ease in some of the younglings that were accompanying them. However, as they began to make their way back following a successful raid, they found themselves pursued and ambushed by a band of elven mercenaries hired to deter the Kai’denn tribes. Unprepared, the orcs suffered losses as the warband found itself split-up, with Katmija finding herself alone and hiding in an abandoned band. Hours crept by with the distant sound of fighting ringing in the young orc’s ears. She had felt terrified, uncertain whether she would ever return to the beautiful forests of her home.

Eventually, a figure entered the building. An elf clad in bloodied armour and wielding a red-stained sword. As he moved around the structure, convinced that it was empty of both friend and foe, Katmija watched him from where she hid. Anger, fear and adrenalin driving her, she crept slowly along the upper level of the building, her eyes never leaving the warrior beneath her whilst her hands clasped the small dagger that her father had gifted her. As she crouched above the elf, his gaze staring out into the fields beyond, she let out a determined cry – throwing herself onto him and plunging the blade into his back.

Later on she would discover that the elf had in fact been a member of a mercenary guild, out on a quest to try and prevent the incursions from the orcs following a number of particularly bloody raids from another clan. With their leader killed, the bandit clan found itself flailing and eventually routed by Katmija’s father. When they returned to the clan, Katmija was praised and hailed as a hero, christened ‘Elfkiller’ in honour of the deed. She wears the name to this day.

However, that encounter was but the first of many. Convinced that they were facing a terrifying orc menace, the neighbouring settlers continued to hire mercenary groups, even launching attacks into Kai’denn territory to try and drive the tribes back. In one of the final raids before the Baga left the area, Katmija’s father was mortally wounded and passed away not long after returning. With their chief gone, the clan elected to have Katmija as their new leader – a lack of any challenges sealed the deal and established her as chief.

Since that day, Katmija has had to lead her people inland in an attempt to escape the vengeful mercenaries. There she tried to help them re-establish themselves, but discovered how corrupt and divided their once-glorious nation had become. Constantly harassed and bullied by the larger clans, the Baga found themselves falling on hard times until the head of the Khorli clan allowed them to roam within their lands. Katmija felt like she owed the chieftain an immense debt, so when he proposed to her and a number of other tribal leaders the prospect of rising up in revolt against the depravity of the King and the shameful state of their nation, she was only too ready to agree. Now Katmija is fighting a war against her own people with the dream of seeing their glory restored. She has shown herself to be a formidable commander and already has rumours and tales of her deeds and victories being spread with whispered voices and – sometimes – cautious hope.

I never thought I'd say this, but that's a cute Orc.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 pm

As far as Orcs go, anyway :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:20 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:As far as Orcs go, anyway :P

Hah, wasn't much of a spectrum of choice if I'm honest. Options went from what you'd expect, to what you'd expect NSFW, and the above. Maybe picture her with some small tusks?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Nation/Faction name: The Federian Alliance
Race(s): Humans, Dwarves, and Elves
Patron God(s): Harren
Current Leader(s):
    Primary Leaders
      Consul Draden of the Alliance (dwarf)
      Councillor Relan of the Humans, elected by the Landsråd
      King Ironstone of the Dwarves
      Queen Alerina of the Elves
    Secondary Leaders
      The Senate, ruling legislative body of the Alliance. 300 members, 100 members for each race
      The Landsråd, ruling legislative body of the Humans. Each member is elected by and represents human cities
      The Stone Council, ruling legislative body of the Dwarves and advisory council to the Dwarven monarch. Made up of dwarven nobles.
      The Conclave, ruling legislative body of the Elves and advisory council to the Elven monarch. Made up of the wisest and elves
Brief History: The origins of the alliance can be traced to the trade agreements made between the early dwarves and the humans who lived close by. These agreements over the years evolved into a close economic and political relationship. Seeing a chance to create a powerful political entity, Harren disguised himself as a human mortal and with great effort, managed to create the foundations of the Alliance of today. A governing body, made up of both dwarves and humans was created. Over the years the Alliance expanded, bringing in more human and dwarven nations and eventually elves, into the fold. Prospering for centuries, the people of the Alliance are proud and progressive in both the sciences and politics.
Geographical area and key features: The Federian Alliance takes its name from the area they call Federian. The dwarves dwell in the area near the north and the east and the humans dwell in the south. The elves mostly live in the north.
Map Claim: http://i.imgur.com/MsumJA8.jpg
Other details:
Military:
The Alliance military is one of the most well trained and well equipped military in the world. Each race has its own militia force, to delay any enemy force until the Alliance military arrives
    Units/Organization
    A Formation consists of 8 soldier units, 3 archer units, and 5 Arqeubus units. A Battalion consists of 5 of these Formations, as well as 10 Calvary units and 5 artillery units. A Brigade consists of four battalions and a division consists of three brigades. Each Army has 20 divisions and each race is assigned three armies.
    Nine armies total
Navy
    The alliance navy is highly advanced. For each of the five major ports of the Alliance, Getali, Daelia, Evolin, Revila, and Poelin, 30 warships are stationed with Poelin holding 50 ships. Forty ships make up the Navy Patrol, which is split into four groups. One patrols the eastern shore of the alliance, one patrols, the western shore, and two patrols the south.
    Standard ship of the Alliance Navy
    http://brethrencoast.com/ship/manofwar.jpg
Culture:
    Although members of the Alliance view Harren as their patron deity, he does not wish to and is not vehemently worshiped. His temples are not great buildings filled with statues and prophets, but forums where public debates about the decisions of the alliance rulers are held. Outsiders who visit the cities of the Alliance often call Harren the invisible god, for the lack of his presence in the everyday lives of his followers in the Alliance. The forums and the debates themselves vary depending on which race built them. For the humans, the debates held in the forums are public events, where anyone in the public can way in his or her opinion. For this reason, human forums are open,and wide structures. For the elves, the debates are highly rigid and formal, so the forums are closed buildings with limited seats. For the dwarves, the debates quickly escalate into fistfights and in some cases, into rioting. Dwarven forums for this reason, is any place on the street where there is a box that a dwarf can climb on top of.
Political Structure:
    Each race that is part of the alliance has its own governing body that deals with issues that concern mostly their own race although these issues can become an alliance problem. The Alliance government deals with matters that concern the entire Alliance and their decisions can override the decisions of the human, dwarven, and elven governments. This system has angered some members of the Alliance, but the system is relatively stable. The Alliance Senate elects a Consul, who acts as the executive leader of the Alliance. Each member of the alliance has basic civil rights and all members regardless of race, are treated equally.
Notable places
    Great Wall
      The Great Wall runs along the alliance's northern border. It is particularly heavily fortified along the part where it crosses the mountains.
    Talason
      Talason is the capital of the Alliance, and is the largest city in Alliance territory, populated by all the races in the alliance.
    Thela
      Thela is the academic heart of the Alliance. It is said that Harren first walked in mortal form in this city, and this is the city which first worshiped him. The world's largest library is located in this city, and it is here where the Alliance first discovered gunpowder and cast the first cannon.
    Poelin
      Poelin is the naval heart of the alliance as well as its largest port
    Forgia
      Forgia is the Capital of the dwarven lands as well as the industrial heart of the Alliance
    Getali and Daelia
      Getali and Daelia are the alliance's west most port. Getali is a military city as well, built to withstand attack from any foe.
    Fildia
      Fildia is the military depo of the Alliance. Most soldiers are trained in this city.
    Winlia
      Winlia is the capitol of the elven lands. It is the cultural heart of the Alliance.
    Cenlia and Qwibin
      Cenlia and Qwibin are the north most military cities of the alliance
    Evolin
      Evolin is the elven lands largest port.
    Vilania
      Vilania is the capitol of the human lands as well as the agricultural heart of the Alliance
    Lindon and Revila
      Lindon and Revila are the south most cities of the alliance. Revelia is the largest port of the human lands and Lindon supplies most of the men in the Alliance military.
Last edited by Vicavian Empire on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Bentus wrote:Name: Katmija Elfkiller

Weaknesses:

Strengths:

Bio:

She's wearing anpilia

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Vicavian Empire wrote:Nation/Faction name: The Federian Alliance
Current Leader(s):
    Primary Leaders
    Secondary Leaders
      The Senate, ruling legislative body of the Alliance. 300 members, 100 members for each race
      The Landsråd, ruling legislative body of the Humans. Each member is elected by and represents human cities
      The Stone Council, ruling legislative body of the Dwarves and advisory council to the Dwarven monarch. Made up of dwarven nobles.
      The Conclave, ruling legislative body of the Elves and advisory council to the Elven monarch. Made up of the wisest and elves
Brief History: The origins of the alliance can be traced to the trade agreements made between the early dwarves and the humans who lived close by. These agreements over the years evolved into a close economic and political relationship. Seeing a chance to create a powerful political entity, Harren disguised himself as a human mortal and with great effort, managed to create the foundations of the Alliance of today. A governing body, made up of both dwarves and humans was created. Over the years the Alliance expanded, bringing in more human and dwarven nations and eventually elves, into the fold. Prospering for centuries, the people of the Alliance are proud and progressive in both the sciences and politics.
Geographical area and key features: The Federian Alliance takes its name from the area they call Federian. The dwarves dwell in the area near the north and the east and the humans dwell in the south. The elves mostly live in the north.
Map Claim: http://i.imgur.com/kD3qIAw.jpg
Other details:
Military:
The Alliance military is one of the most well trained and well equipped military in the world. Each race has its own militia force, to delay any enemy force until the Alliance military arrives
    Units/Organization
    A Formation consists of 8 soldier units, 3 archer units, and 5 Arqeubus units. A Battalion consists of 5 of these Formations, as well as 10 Calvary units and 5 artillery units. A Brigade consists of four battalions and a division consists of three brigades. Each Army has 20 brigades and each race is assigned three armies.
    Nine armies total
Navy
    The alliance navy is highly advanced. For each of the five major ports of the Alliance, Getali, Daelia, Evolin, Revila, and Poelin, 30 warships are stationed with Poelin holding 50 ships. Forty ships make up the Navy Patrol, which is split into four groups. One patrols the eastern shore of the alliance, one patrols, the western shore, and two patrols the south.
Culture:
    Although members of the Alliance view Harren as their patron deity, he does not wish to and is not vehemently worshiped. His temples are not great buildings filled with statues and prophets, but forums where public debates about the decisions of the alliance rulers are held. Outsiders who visit the cities of the Alliance often call Harren the invisible god, for the lack of his presence in the everyday lives of his followers in the Alliance. The forums and the debates themselves vary depending on which race built them. For the humans, the debates held in the forums are public events, where anyone in the public can way in his or her opinion. For this reason, human forums are open,and wide structures. For the elves, the debates are highly rigid and formal, so the forums are closed buildings with limited seats. For the dwarves, the debates quickly escalate into fistfights and in some cases, into rioting. Dwarven forums for this reason, is any place on the street where there is a box that a dwarf can climb on top of.
Political Structure:
    Each race that is part of the alliance has its own governing body that deals with issues that concern mostly their own race although these issues can become an alliance problem. The Alliance government deals with matters that concern the entire Alliance and their decisions can override the decisions of the human, dwarven, and elven governments. This system has angered some members of the Alliance, but the system is relatively stable. The Alliance Senate elects a Consul, who acts as the executive leader of the Alliance. Each member of the alliance has basic civil rights and all members regardless of race, are treated equally.
Notable places
    Great Wall
      The Great Wall runs along the alliance's northern border. It is particularly heavily fortified along the part where it crosses the mountains.
    Talason
      Talason is the capital of the Alliance, and is the largest city in Alliance territory, populated by all the races in the alliance.
    Poelin
    Forgia
      Forgia is the Capital of the dwarven lands as well as the industrial heart of the Alliance
    Getali and Daelia
      Getali and Daelia are the alliance's west most port. Getali is a military city as well, built to withstand attack from any foe.
    Fildia
      Fildia is the military depo of the Alliance. Most soldiers are trained in this city.
    Winlia
      Winlia is the capitol of the elven lands. It is the cultural heart of the Alliance.
    Cenlia and Qwibin
    Evolin
    Vilania
      Vilania is the capitol of the human lands as well as the agricultural heart of the Alliance
    Lindon and Revila
      Lindon and Revila are the south most cities of the alliance. Revelia is the largest port of the human lands and Lindon supplies most of the men in the Alliance military.

Very nice. Accepted, although expect negative events and what-not to act as a debuff for the large size. If I had to critique something, it'd be the Great Wall - I'd be more comfortable with such a massive border-wide defence in a smaller nation tbh. Not that I'm saying you have to get rid of it, love the detail in there.

@Akai, what's anpilia?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:49 pm

Bentus wrote:
Vicavian Empire wrote:Nation/Faction name: The Federian Alliance
Current Leader(s):
    Primary Leaders
    Secondary Leaders
Map Claim: http://i.imgur.com/kD3qIAw.jpg
Other details:
Military:
    Units/Organization
    A Formation consists of 8 soldier units, 3 archer units, and 5 Arqeubus units. A Battalion consists of 5 of these Formations, as well as 10 Calvary units and 5 artillery units. A Brigade consists of four battalions and a division consists of three brigades. Each Army has 20 brigades and each race is assigned three armies.
    Nine armies total
Navy
Culture:
Political Structure:
Notable places
    Great Wall
    Talason
    Poelin
    Forgia
    Getali and Daelia
    Fildia
    Winlia
    Cenlia and Qwibin
    Evolin
    Vilania
    Lindon and Revila

Very nice. Accepted, although expect negative events and what-not to act as a debuff for the large size. If I had to critique something, it'd be the Great Wall - I'd be more comfortable with such a massive border-wide defence in a smaller nation tbh. Not that I'm saying you have to get rid of it, love the detail in there.

@Akai, what's anpilia?

Essentially leather stockings mentioned in the Talmud. Mirayeset wears a pair.

Auropa
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auropa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Nation/Faction name: The Shogunate
Race(s): Man
Patron God(s): Ragnor
Current Leader(s): Emperor Shashiva
http://orig14.deviantart.net/21da/f/200 ... bliner.jpg

Brief History: The great empire of Shogunate spawned from a single tribe within a small valley. Stories date back to the formation, when a group of tribes under the leadership of a single prophet ended a war and united a people. It is said that during the first great conflict of the gods, all tribes banded together to survive and repel hordes of invading forces from beyond. Once order was restored however, the tribes rose as one beneath a new flag. The Shogunate went on to quickly expand beyond the valley and into the surrounding area. Soon enough the band of brothers turned into an empire reaching as far as the eye could see.

The empire itself follows the beliefs Ragnor, but allows for many cultures and beliefs within (with a few exceptions). This ideology of acceptance came during the empire’s time of expansion, people soon realized the need for every able man, conquered or not, to want to work for the empire’s greater good. As a result many traditions were forged in order to aid the expansion. Pillaging for anything other than food was banned, civilians were to be treated as equals regardless of race and allegiance, any surrender must be accepted and so on. Soon enough, just as many began to join the empire by choice as by the blade. As years past and the empire developed, its expansion and constant conflicts came to an end. It was said to be the dawn of a new era. The Shogunate had land, men and resources. Now it was time to develop what they had and finally take a more diplomatic role in the world.

Geographical area and key features: The Shogunate is a large empire backed by countless wars and skirmishes. As a result much of its geography varies on location, most of it however, still remains in the northern greenlands and icy tundra. At its centre lays “The Pearl of Shogunate” The capital of the empire. The city lies around a large valley almost crater like in appearance. Beyond the valley’s walls however lies two major structures. The palace and the shrine to Ragnor.

Map Claim: map

Other details: The Shogunate was built upon military conquests. As a result they had to learn to not only live with different cultures but befriend them so that progress can be made without fear from within. What’s more, the traditions first made eventually turned into rules and regulations. Unlike many others, the Shogunate follow a strict military and honour based code. As a result much of the Shogunate’s way of life and culture can be related to honour and combat.
Whilst not directly in control, almost all high up military and government positions are taken by the followers of Ragnor. Generally Ragnar’s followers first train at his temples as initiates so that they may learn to fight, strengthen themselves in body and resolve so that they might truly understand the laws of war. The most promising however are sent on a pilgrimage to the Shrine where they continue to train and study under Ragnar’s gaze. These people are made to become the greatest warriors the empire could ever need, they are Ragnor’s devout. For generations each emperor was sent on such a pilgrimage and each returned a member of the devout.

(No ones taken the samurai approach? DIBS DIBS DIBS!!!)
Last edited by Auropa on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Everybody's sitting here having entire kingdoms dedicated to them and I'm just sitting here with a batshit insane cult
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Auropa wrote:Nation/Faction name: The Shogunate
Race(s): Man
Patron God(s): Ragnor
Current Leader(s): Emperor Shashiva
http://orig14.deviantart.net/21da/f/200 ... bliner.jpg

Brief History: The great empire of Shogunate spawned from a single tribe within a small valley. Stories date back to the formation, when a group of tribes under the leadership of a single prophet ended a war and united a people. It is said that during the first great conflict of the gods, all tribes banded together to survive and repel hordes of invading forces from beyond. Once order was restored however, the tribes rose as one beneath a new flag. The Shogunate went on to quickly expand beyond the valley and into the surrounding area. Soon enough the band of brothers turned into an empire reaching as far as the eye could see.

The empire itself follows the beliefs Ragnor, but allows for many cultures and beliefs within (with a few exceptions). This ideology of acceptance came during the empire’s time of expansion, people soon realized the need for every able man, conquered or not, to want to work for the empire’s greater good. As a result many traditions were forged in order to aid the expansion. Pillaging for anything other than food was banned, civilians were to be treated as equals regardless of race and allegiance, any surrender must be accepted and so on. Soon enough, just as many began to join the empire by choice as by the blade. As years past and the empire developed, its expansion and constant conflicts came to an end. It was said to be the dawn of a new era. The Shogunate had land, men and resources. Now it was time to develop what they had and finally take a more diplomatic role in the world.

Geographical area and key features: The Shogunate is a large empire backed by countless wars and skirmishes. As a result much of its geography varies on location, most of it however, still remains in the northern greenlands and icy tundra. At its centre lays “The Pearl of Shogunate” The capital of the empire. The city lies around a large valley almost crater like in appearance. Beyond the valley’s walls however lies two major structures. The palace and the shrine to Ragnor.

Map Claim: Has anyone taken the northern coast? If so can I reserve a chunk? Maybe a bit of the icy part and the green lands?

Other details: The Shogunate was built upon military conquests. As a result they had to learn to not only live with different cultures but befriend them so that progress can be made without fear from within. What’s more, the traditions first made eventually turned into rules and regulations. Unlike many others, the Shogunate follow a strict military and honour based code. As a result much of the Shogunate’s way of life and culture can be related to honour and combat.
Whilst not directly in control, almost all high up military and government positions are taken by the followers of Ragnor. Generally Ragnar’s followers first train at his temples as initiates so that they may learn to fight, strengthen themselves in body and resolve so that they might truly understand the laws of war. The most promising however are sent on a pilgrimage to the Shrine where they continue to train and study under Ragnar’s gaze. These people are made to become the greatest warriors the empire could ever need, they are Ragnor’s devout. For generations each emperor was sent on such a pilgrimage and each returned a member of the devout.

(No ones taken the samurai approach? DIBS DIBS DIBS!!!)

Accepted. I don't think anyone's taken the north yet, although it'd be better if you lay out a claim in paint :P

Anyhow, I'm off to bed. Hopefully the IC will be up tomorrow. :)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:15 pm

'night, I'm heading off soon as well.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:20 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Everybody's sitting here having entire kingdoms dedicated to them and I'm just sitting here with a batshit insane cult

I only have a small kngdom of Viking/Nord-esque people who were tricked into believing an inhospitable icy waste is lovely and nice, and who constantly are killing and scheming on one another. Not a small cult but neither is it an empire.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:28 pm

I've now got an app for my queen saved as a draft for later.

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:34 pm

so i added one more city to my app
Last edited by Vicavian Empire on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:59 pm

I wont be able to post my app at the moment since i am using my phone but I'll take goddess of time and shadows. I'll have the app up soon hopefuly.

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Nation Name: Jorliefstreiken
Deity Name: Sorkhis
Generation: First
Domain of Power: Darkness and souls
Persona: a Chaotic evil charecter primarily worshipped by Orcs and Dark elves. He is the reaper of souls and can kill mortals simply by concentrating. He wants to see all of civilization ruined and his chosen races ruling all in a cult rule of the world. He can summon the souls of any dead being and has his own small dimension were damned souls are banished to serve him forever
Mortal Appearance: when manifesting in e mortal realm he either appears as an incredibly large black dragon or occasionally a dark elf. To other deity she looks like the classic image of the grim reaper only with a humanoid dragon figure instead of a skeleton under the robes
Symbol of Power: The sword of souls, his weapon which can kill weak mortals by simply drawing it.
Blessed Animal: Dragon
Divine weapon: the sword of souls mentioned above
Did you read the rules?: yes
Rp Example: Infinite Justice Beyond(I have been inactive since May)
Keep this for Tracking 713
Last edited by Jorliefstreiken on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I KILLED MUFASA

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Jorliefstreiken wrote:Nation Name: Jorliefstreiken
Deity Name: Sorkhis
Generation: First
Domain of Power: Darkness and Death
Persona: a Chaotic evil charecter primarily worshipped by Orcs and Dark elves. He is the reaper of souls and can kill mortals simply by concentrating. He wants to see all of civilization ruined and his chosen races ruling all in a cult rule of the world.
Mortal Appearance: when manifesting in e mortal realm he either appears as an incredibly large black dragon or occasionally a dark elf. To other deity she looks like the classic image of the grim reaper only with a humanoid dragon figure instead of a skeleton under the robes
Symbol of Power: The sword of souls, his weapon which can kill weak mortals by simply drawing it.
Blessed Animal: Dragon
Divine weapon: the sword of souls mentioned above
Did you read the rules?: yes
Rp Example: Infinite Justice Beyond(I have been inactive since May)
Keep this for Tracking 713

we already have a god of death

Jorliefstreiken
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorliefstreiken » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:03 pm

I'll change it to souls
I KILLED MUFASA

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 pm

bentus i forgot to ask you this, but what happened to the dragons from the original rp?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse