NATION

PASSWORD

A New Pantheon (Deity RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:30 am

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:34 am

Nation/Faction name: Lóndgrefenoffen (pronounced Loondgrevenohven)
Race(s): Men
Patron God(s): Boettan
Current Leader(s): Ralenfall II
Brief History: The Men of Lóndgrefenoffen were chosen by Boettan, who saved them afer a huge natural disaster nearly killed them. What the disaster was has been lost from knowledge, and is now only the subject of legend. Boettan pretended to show compassion for the men, and promised to lead them to a land of safety and shelter, instead leading them to one of the two icy islands of the north. However, Boettan tricked them into believing that the islands are green and fertile, and so they stayed and finally it became their home, so Boettan needed to trick them no more; indeed, in the language of these men, Piccan (pronounced Pishan), Lóndgrefenoffen means 'Land of Green'. The men have lived on the islands for countless generations, and have grown hardy due to the cold and rough. However, they are still and deceitful as always, and Boettan has often used to his advantage; 10 of the last 15 kings have been either murdered, executed or thrown in prison, with this many time being friends or brothers. These men see trickery as part of life, and expect to see it eveywhere. They envy the races to the south, who they have seen and met, but Boettan has kept them on Lóndgrefenoffen. However, his future plans are not known, and the future of these men is still uncertain. Boettan has been benevolent to them a few times though, saving them in times of need and providing them with a god to confide in, although he only helps if it benefits him. The Kings (if not murdered) rule for 15 years before a new one is elected, a rule imposed by the legendary King Ysgran, the supposed first ruler of these men. Since the 'Senmécroðiðin" (literally 'The Sailing', the journey to Lóndgrefenoffen), the men have worshiped Boettan and have lived in relative peace (other than the occasional murder or usurpation).
Geographical area and key features: The men live on the right island in the north (which they obviously call Lóndgrefenoffen. The main city, Lóndé (pronounced Loondee) is situated in the centre most bay in the south, which they call the Bal Ysgranoff. There are other, smaller towns and villages, mainly on the southern coastline where it is slightly warmer. However, the large city of Iccenðorn (pronounced Ishenthorn) sits near the centre of the island.
Other details: The Piccanmæms, as they call themselves, have learnt to grow incredibly hardy crops that can survive the harsh conditions, although on the southern coast more crops can be grown. This had led to the staple of the diet being oats, with fish provided from the sea also being a staple. The Piccanmæms have had to learn how to sail, considering they are on an island, and have become somewhat skilful at it, although not masters. They have a nordic style culture, which is apparent in most of what they do. However, they view raiding as dishonourable, which is strange considering there society is one of trickery, lies and cunning. Many of their folk songs and tales tell of either the usurping of countless kings by countless others or of the original 100, the first men and women to arrive on the island.

I'll be able to show where exactly everything is tomorrow (GMT) but I can't get onto a computer right now.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Flamels Stone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Flamels Stone » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:34 am

I'm planning on adding a community to the island that was the iberian peninsula and france, made up of wood elves and ents together.
But I don't know if I should be the patron god (maybe even share the position with Dutch) or leave them godless and then try to become their god in the IC.
Ambassador and Prince Kenneth Flamel.
Representing Flamel's Stone in the WA.
[OOC: My nation is not religious, the symbol on the flag is Flamel's Cross representes the presence of alchemy on my contry's history.]
_[' ]_
(-_Q) I'm not a capilatist, I'm just really posh. Tally ho!

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:35 am

http://i.imgur.com/prYFQDJ.jpg
full app and better map coming in soon

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 am

Normandy and Picardy wrote:Nation/Faction name: Lóndgrefenoffen (pronounced Loondgrevenohven)
Brief History: The Men of Lóndgrefenoffen were chosen by Boettan, who saved them afer a huge natural disaster nearly killed them. What the disaster was has been lost from knowledge, and is now only the subject of legend. Boettan pretended to show compassion for the men, and promised to lead them to a land of safety and shelter, instead leading them to one of the two icy islands of the north. However, Boettan tricked them into believing that the islands are green and fertile, and so they stayed and finally it became their home, so Boettan needed to trick them no more; indeed, in the language of these men, Piccan (pronounced Pishan), Lóndgrefenoffen means 'Land of Green'. The men have lived on the islands for countless generations, and have grown hardy due to the cold and rough. However, they are still and deceitful as always, and Boettan has often used to his advantage; 10 of the last 15 kings have been either murdered, executed or thrown in prison, with this many time being friends or brothers. These men see trickery as part of life, and expect to see it eveywhere. They envy the races to the south, who they have seen and met, but Boettan has kept them on Lóndgrefenoffen. However, his future plans are not known, and the future of these men is still uncertain. Boettan has been benevolent to them a few times though, saving them in times of need and providing them with a god to confide in, although he only helps if it benefits him. The Kings (if not murdered) rule for 15 years before a new one is elected, a rule imposed by the legendary King Ysgran, the supposed first ruler of these men. Since the 'Senmécroðiðin" (literally 'The Sailing', the journey to Lóndgrefenoffen), the men have worshiped Boettan and have lived in relative peace (other than the occasional murder or usurpation).
Geographical area and key features: The men live on the right island in the north (which they obviously call Lóndgrefenoffen. The main city, Lóndé (pronounced Loondee) is situated in the centre most bay in the south, which they call the Bal Ysgranoff. There are other, smaller towns and villages, mainly on the southern coastline where it is slightly warmer. However, the large city of Iccenðorn (pronounced Ishenforn) sits near the centre of the island.
Other details: The Piccanmæms, as they call themselves, have learnt to grow incredibly hardy crops that can survive the harsh conditions, although on the southern coast more crops can be grown. This had led to the staple of the diet being oats, with fish provided from the sea also being a staple. The Piccanmæms have had to learn how to sail, considering they are on an island, and have become somewhat skilful at it, although not masters. They have a nordic style culture, which is apparent in most of what they do. However, they few raiding as dishonourable, which is strange considering there society is one of trickery, lies and cunning. Many of their folk songs and tales tell of either the usurping of countless kings by countless others or of the original 100, the first men and women to arrive on the island.

I'll be able to show where exactly everything is tomorrow (GMT) but I can't get onto a computer right now.

Accepted.

Vicavian Empire wrote:http://i.imgur.com/prYFQDJ.jpg

Looking forward to it. Just note that the claim would be on the upper-end of Empire size, one of the largest in the world at the start of the RP most probably.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:44 am

Bentus wrote:
Normandy and Picardy wrote:Nation/Faction name: Lóndgrefenoffen (pronounced Loondgrevenohven)
Geographical area and key features: The men live on the right island in the north (which they obviously call Lóndgrefenoffen. The main city, Lóndé (pronounced Loondee) is situated in the centre most bay in the south, which they call the Bal Ysgranoff. There are other, smaller towns and villages, mainly on the southern coastline where it is slightly warmer. However, the large city of Iccenðorn (pronounced Ishenforn) sits near the centre of the island.
Other details: The Piccanmæms, as they call themselves, have learnt to grow incredibly hardy crops that can survive the harsh conditions, although on the southern coast more crops can be grown. This had led to the staple of the diet being oats, with fish provided from the sea also being a staple. The Piccanmæms have had to learn how to sail, considering they are on an island, and have become somewhat skilful at it, although not masters. They have a nordic style culture, which is apparent in most of what they do. However, they few raiding as dishonourable, which is strange considering there society is one of trickery, lies and cunning. Many of their folk songs and tales tell of either the usurping of countless kings by countless others or of the original 100, the first men and women to arrive on the island.

Accepted.

Looking forward to it. Just note that the claim would be on the upper-end of Empire size, one of the largest in the world at the start of the RP most probably.

its like the alliance from wow

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:45 am

>alliance
>ever
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:48 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:>alliance
>ever

?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am

Coming to raid you soon.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Importing, yay
Nation Name: Kasike Akuai U'akakota'i Yocatali Kari'i Xitekatopa Kalopo'i Ik' Ka' Ek' Akai

Deity Name: Mirayeset

Generation: First

Domain of Power: Ocean & serenity

Persona: Usually level-headed and neutral, she is less prone to emotional extremes, usually favoring tranquil peace and kindness over action and aggression

Mortal Appearance: Olive skin with dark brown, long, curly hair. Something like this.
A somewhat close-fitting dress, tyrian purple in color, which wraps around the body to bare one shoulder. It is belted securely at the waist with a plain, dark brown leather belt. A dark blue shawl is also present, though it is rather small. There is likewise a pair of simple soft leather boots and some leather hose known as anpilia. In terms of jewelry, there is little. When it is worn, it is mostly a silver necklace or bracelet.
(This is representative of ancient Canaanite attire)

This is more typical for colder climates

Symbol of Power: A crescent wave, a seashell

Blessed Animal: Squid

Divine weapon: Harpoon

Did you read the rules?: Yeah. If there was a password, I missed it.

Rp Example: You might be familiar with this one, Bentus

Keep this for Tracking 713

Nation/Faction name: Khena'en
Race(s): Human mostly, with notable Wood Elf minority. Some interbreeding.
Patron God(s): Mirayeset
Current Leader(s): Queen Marehanet
Brief History:Khena'en started as a series of coastal city-states. Living on the coastline, they naturally chose Mirayeset as their patron. There was a habit of peaceful coexistence for a time, with a great deal of trading in dyes, leathers, and crafts. Eventually, ambition met these people, and the city-states began to expand. Eventually there were three, Tseddin, Qaret, and Bilev. Of these three, Tseddin had an artistic tradition, Qaret a militaristic one, and Bilev a scientific, along with a stronger naval tradition. Through a careful negotiation, the king of Tseddin managed to craft an alliance to safely defend their homeland. Bilev would provide ships for all, and Qaret would provide weapons. Tseddin, in the deal, would promise the safety of the whole land if such was achieved. This was the start of the king's ambition, which would eventually become a confederation. He promised it to be in name alone, but slowly centralized. At his death, it was a consolidated state. With the name of Khena'en, Tseddin would be the capital since that time, with each city carrying their traditions for the benefit of the nation.
Geographical area and key features: One or two major rivers, Tsidden being on one. Mostly grasslands, with rolling hills evolving into mountains the more one leaves the coast. Along the coast and a fair distance inland, it is plains. There is a single volcano standing alone in a large plain, from which obsidian and basalt is collected for decorative use. The mountains allow excellent bronze production, with less iron. All 3 major cities lie on the coastline.

Other details: The government is a theocracy in a sense, the monarch holding special priestly status. The ruling dynasty claims blood relation to Mirayeset, but not inherently are her children. The military has adapted to a bronze surplus, though it is high quality and can fare decently with iron. The culture is similar to Canaanite/Hebraic/Phoenician culture. No preferred neighbors, but it should probably be more southern or equatorial.

Okay, that wasn't even a different app.

Can you mark on the map the location of your nation?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:57 am

By the way

It can be edited still.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:By the way

It can be edited still.

USE THIS NOWWWWW

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:01 am

Vicavian Empire wrote:

It can be edited still.

USE THIS NOWWWWW

Me likey. I'll put the link on the OP :)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:01 am

It can be edited still.

I have no idea how to mark territory.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:02 am

tag my i reserve mystic arts and balance

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:03 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

It can be edited still.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/6b00/f/201 ... 8f2v1i.jpg <--- use this as a base and use a photo editor to mark territory. Only I can edit the main map, as I made it with my account.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:03 am

BlackDeath27 wrote:tag my i reserve mystic arts and balance

Death! tackle hugs

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:04 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

http://orig15.deviantart.net/6b00/f/201 ... 8f2v1i.jpg <--- use this as a base and use a photo editor to mark territory. Only I can edit the main map, as I made it with my account.

Very cool website.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:05 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

It can be edited still.

You'll have to download the base map and edit it in paint or some-such, or alternatively describe the area (the former being preferred).

Mystic Arts may be a bit to broad, since 'demonic magic' is kind of included in the 'Demons' domain already. I'd need a bit of an explanation to help me wrap my head around it (do you mean all of magic?), but my gut is that it'll probably be alright. Either way, they're reserved ;)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 am

Nation/Faction name:
The Mahlaan
Race(s):
Humans, Dark Elves, Goblins
Patron God(s):
Void
Current Leader(s):
Vulmea Nilvro (Demigod and High Priestess of Void)
Brief History:
Founded at the beginning of time by a single tribe that was in a bad spot. They turned to Void for help, and he did, but turned them over time into the Mahlaan, the Fallen. The Mahlaan grow by converting others to follow Void as their patron. They live traditionally as a horde, but with the founding of civilizations, some of the Mahlaan live in secret in other nations, acting as agents of the Mahlaan.
Geographical area and key features:
They are a horde, as such they have only one permanent city. But they don't stay there often...

Their one permanent settlement is known as Diist Relahmik. They hold this territory (Very rough... Plan to add more to it, but that's the outline of their territory)
Other details:
The Mahlaan are a horde, their leader is Void and his priests, demigods and prophets. As a horde, all men and all women are trained to fight, to bring destruction. Children are taught from a young age how to fight. If one is 14 or older, they are considered an adult. The older warriors generally stay and care for the children while everyone fights. In fact, the Mahlaan time their women's pregnancy, and their travels, so that the pregnant women give birth at Diist Relahmik. Diist Relahmik is a fortified settlement, that's only reason for existing is to provide a safe haven for the young to be raised and to provide the elders a safe place to live their final years.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:08 am

Bentus wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

You'll have to download the base map and edit it in paint or some-such, or alternatively describe the area (the former being preferred).

NO... Please no paint.... anything but that..... :p
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:11 am

Bentus wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Mystic Arts may be a bit to broad, since 'demonic magic' is kind of included in the 'Demons' domain already. I'd need a bit of an explanation to help me wrap my head around it (do you mean all of magic?), but my gut is that it'll probably be alright. Either way, they're reserved ;)

I've described the area already.

This is the best I could do in finding a good area. Feel free to shrink borders if it's too large. It's rough estimate, anyway, showing the general area. Coastline is important though.
Last edited by The Ik Ka Ek Akai on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:18 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Nation/Faction name:
The Mahlaan
Race(s):
Humans, Dark Elves, Goblins
Patron God(s):
Void
Current Leader(s):
Vulmea Nilvro (Demigod and High Priestess of Void)
Brief History:
Founded at the beginning of time by a single tribe that was in a bad spot. They turned to Void for help, and he did, but turned them over time into the Mahlaan, the Fallen. The Mahlaan grow by converting others to follow Void as their patron. They live traditionally as a horde, but with the founding of civilizations, some of the Mahlaan live in secret in other nations, acting as agents of the Mahlaan.
Geographical area and key features:
They are a horde, as such they have only one permanent city. But they don't stay there often...

Their one permanent settlement is known as Diist Relahmik. They hold this territory (Very rough... Plan to add more to it, but that's the outline of their territory)
Other details:
The Mahlaan are a horde, their leader is Void and his priests, demigods and prophets. As a horde, all men and all women are trained to fight, to bring destruction. Children are taught from a young age how to fight. If one is 14 or older, they are considered an adult. The older warriors generally stay and care for the children while everyone fights. In fact, the Mahlaan time their women's pregnancy, and their travels, so that the pregnant women give birth at Diist Relahmik. Diist Relahmik is a fortified settlement, that's only reason for existing is to provide a safe haven for the young to be raised and to provide the elders a safe place to live their final years.

I'm finding it a bit difficult to pint-point the claim. If it's that eastern peninsula, then it's way too big - especially for a horde with a single city. Vic's claim, for instance, should be the upper-size for large Empires that are expected to suffer the problems associated with such (provincial revolts, long communication lines, etc).
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:19 am

Bentus wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

how about darkness ( like shadows and the darkess in others hearts.) and balence.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:20 am

New Strausberg wrote:

Death! tackle hugs

how you been strausberg

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads