NATION

PASSWORD

A New Pantheon (Deity RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:24 am

Nation Name:Vicavian Empire
Deity Name: Harren
Generation: First Generation
Domain of Power: Technology and Freedom
Persona: Harren is merciful, showing kindness to everyone. He despises those who seek to oppress others and helps those in need. He slightly favors the dwarves.
Mortal Appearance:

Symbol of Power: Torch
Blessed Animal: Two-headed Eagle
Divine weapon: Halberd
Did you read the rules?: Yes
Rp Example: You know me, but here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=339552
Keep this for Tracking 713
Last edited by Vicavian Empire on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:29 am

Vicavian Empire wrote:Nation Name:Vicavian Empire
Generation: Second Generation
Persona: Harren is merciful, showing kindness to everyone. He despises those who seek to oppress others and helps those in need. He slightly favors the dwarves.
Mortal Appearance:
Rp Example: You know me, but here https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=339552

Accepted.

New Strausberg wrote:
Bentus wrote:
*Smacks Faal's greedy mitts*

Back into your hole Void, think about what you've done. ;) Don't mind it Straus, it's a bit of a running joke that Void claims all because of Unknown and gets more powerful when you try to Destroy him. OOC banter more than anything else.

Also, the Demons in that case would be fine, but I'd caution against it - might be a tad on the narrow side. Go for 'Death', 'Mourning' or something more Hades'-esque I'd advise. I'm fine with people apping for sort-of 'servant' races - may end up having Jileli craft some Incubi and Succubi for instance. Although, you could extend 'Demons' to include certain undead monsters or monsters from the Underworld that can occasionally wander or what-not for instance. Maybe through in necromancy and demonic magic as being inclusive in his domain perhaps as well?

So what exactly would you recommend I call the domain to be accurate as i possible can, I sort of want to encompass things like what the undead so it would just be the God of the Underworld and Demonic magics?

Hmm, I'd go for the Dead as a domain right off the bat. I wouldn't grab 'Underworld' as a domain (although he could still be called 'God of the Underworld' by his followers) just since it's a separate Plane and that'd be equivalent to having a God of Drinda or a God of the Heavens. God of Death and Souls, perhaps? Maybe God of Death and Demons (now that you've explained it, it's fine to have 'Demons')? Although, just know that he won't have immediate control over ALL of those that die - as that'd be a tad too powerful. I usually run it so that particularly devout worshippers of a God (cultists, preists, demigods, etc) souls' belong to their patrons rather than the typical God of the Dead. Although the vast majority go through the usual motions.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:30 am

Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy
Deity Name: Boettan
Generation First Generation
Domain of Power: Trickery and Deceit
Persona: Boettan likes deliberately tricking people and misleading them, and enjoys watching people fail and suffer due to what he does. He is a cruel and calculating deity, with strains of madness and meglomania, a value he sometimes 'bestows' upon his follower. He particularily loves watching Men suffer, and he tricks them into doing things they otherwise wouldn't, often resulting in their death. He greatly enjoys death and destruction, often caused by him, and almost seems to be obssesed with being deceitful. However, he still can feel remorse and be moral, all it takes something spectacular to cause that.
Mortal Appearance: A bit like Loki (the Marvel version) but instead if green, gold and black he wears nearly all black, although little bits of gold can be seen on his clothes. He also wears a giant, black hood.
Symbol of Power: A sword with two sides, one blunt and the other incredibly sharp, to show the deceitful nature of Boettan; he can appear to be welcoming and friendly but then can instantly turn on you, often resulting in death.
Blessed Animal: A Fox, as a symbol of trickery and cunning
Divine weapon:He uses a hammer which, rather than harm his enemies unless he decides that it should, turns them against their allies or, in the case of lone mortals, their families. However, he can kill his enemy using the hammer when he wants, but instead often enjoys watching his enemies kill their friends and families before often killing themselves out of despair.
Did you read the rules?: Of course
Rp Example: You know me from the original.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:30 am

Figured I'd start out by making a small cult-ish group for myself, will probably do some NPC groups later on.

Faction name: The Daughters of the Forest
Race(s): Wood Elves, Humans
Patron God(s): Alerielle
Current Leader(s): Naalwen, Handmaiden of the Goddess as well as her chosen Prophetess.
Brief History: The Daughters of the Forest is the informal name given to the all-female cult of the Lady of the Forests, Alerielle, living in a place they have named the "Sacred Vale". The organisation started when the goddess herself summoned all of her priestesses and her prophet to the valley they live in to this day. There, she built a small shrine, and told her most faithful that they could always come there were they to require her aid. Over the generations, a small priesthood came to be that remained in the valley, dubbing it the Sacred Vale, swearing to protect it with their lives. Alerielle's prophet was appointed as their leader, and the most prominent, well known prophetess' of the Lady of the Forests have always been leaders of the Daughters of the Forest. Many rumors and legends have started throughout the years about the organisation, most dubbing it a cult, with the strangest of rituals...
Geographical area and key features: The Daughters of the Forest are centered completely around their Sacred Vale, a small valley surrounded by forests, with a small stream running through it, with a small shrine next to it, said to have been built by Alerielle herself.
Other details:
The Daughters of the Forest aren't very organized, the only authority being the Handmaiden of the Goddess, whom always has to be a Prophetess of Alerielle. It's only a small group, numbering roughly 300, compromised entirely of women that have left their respective communities for a life of dedication to their Goddess, living in the Sacred Vale. The group is known for it's strange and bizarre ways, including cannibalistic rituals. Better hide yer children!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:33 am

Normandy and Picardy wrote:Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy
Generation Second Generation
Persona: Boettan likes deliberately tricking people and misleading them, and enjoys watching people fail and suffer due to what he does. He is a cruel and calculating deity, with strains of madness and meglomania, a value he sometimes 'bestows' upon his follower. He particularily loves watching Men suffer, and he tricks them into doing things they otherwise wouldn't, often resulting in their death. He greatly enjoys death and destruction, often caused by him, and almost seems to be obssesed with being deceitful. However, he still can feel remorse and be moral, all it takes something spectacular to cause that.
Mortal Appearance: A bit like Loki (the Marvel version) but instead if green, gold and black he wears nearly all black, although little bits of gold can be seen on his clothes. He also wears a giant, black hood.
Symbol of Power: A sword with two sides, one blunt and the other incredibly sharp, to show the deceitful nature of Boettan; he can appear to be welcoming and friendly but then can instantly turn on you, often resulting in death.
Divine weapon:He uses a hammer which, rather than harm his enemies unless he decides that it should, turns them against their allies or, in the case of lone mortals, their families. However, he can kill his enemy using the hammer when he wants, but instead often enjoys watching his enemies kill their friends and families before often killing themselves out of despair.

Accepted. Just a head's up though, as a Second Generation you wouldn't have been involved in the events of the original RP. ;) I don't think that's a problem though tbh.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:33 am

Bentus wrote:
Normandy and Picardy wrote:Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy
Generation Second Generation

Accepted. Just a head's up though, as a Second Generation you wouldn't have been involved in the events of the original RP. ;) I don't think that's a problem though tbh.

so i never existed as well....
fair enough

EDIT: and no dragons?
Last edited by Vicavian Empire on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flamels Stone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Flamels Stone » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:34 am

Will we still be using the follower system from before, and will we post in turns aswell?
Ambassador and Prince Kenneth Flamel.
Representing Flamel's Stone in the WA.
[OOC: My nation is not religious, the symbol on the flag is Flamel's Cross representes the presence of alchemy on my contry's history.]
_[' ]_
(-_Q) I'm not a capilatist, I'm just really posh. Tally ho!

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:35 am

whats the technology level btw

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:36 am

Bentus wrote:
Vicavian Empire wrote:Nation Name:Vicavian Empire
Generation: Second Generation
Mortal Appearance:
Rp Example: You know me, but here https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=339552

Accepted.

New Strausberg wrote:
So what exactly would you recommend I call the domain to be accurate as i possible can, I sort of want to encompass things like what the undead so it would just be the God of the Underworld and Demonic magics?

Hmm, I'd go for the Dead as a domain right off the bat. I wouldn't grab 'Underworld' as a domain (although he could still be called 'God of the Underworld' by his followers) just since it's a separate Plane and that'd be equivalent to having a God of Drinda or a God of the Heavens. God of Death and Souls, perhaps? Maybe God of Death and Demons (now that you've explained it, it's fine to have 'Demons')? Although, just know that he won't have immediate control over ALL of those that die - as that'd be a tad too powerful. I usually run it so that particularly devout worshippers of a God (cultists, preists, demigods, etc) souls' belong to their patrons rather than the typical God of the Dead. Although the vast majority go through the usual motions.

I will be making a app very soon then for the God of Death and Demons

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:37 am

Bentus wrote:Accepted. Just a head's up though, as a Second Generation you wouldn't have been involved in the events of the original RP. ;) I don't think that's a problem though tbh.

It makes sense that I could have been a very early Second Generation (or mid-generation) as Trickery does tend to be a trait that people (and in this case, races) seem to have, but at the same time it's not a fundamental building block. There probably is a way to explain it though.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:37 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Figured I'd start out by making a small cult-ish group for myself, will probably do some NPC groups later on.

Current Leader(s): Naalwen, Handmaiden of the Goddess as well as her chosen Prophetess.
Brief History: The Daughters of the Forest is the informal name given to the all-female cult of the Lady of the Forests, Alerielle, living in a place they have named the "Sacred Vale". The organisation started when the goddess herself summoned all of her priestesses and her prophet to the valley they live in to this day. There, she built a small shrine, and told her most faithful that they could always come there were they to require her aid. Over the generations, a small priesthood came to be that remained in the valley, dubbing it the Sacred Vale, swearing to protect it with their lives. Alerielle's prophet was appointed as their leader, and the most prominent, well known prophetess' of the Lady of the Forests have always been leaders of the Daughters of the Forest. Many rumors and legends have started throughout the years about the organisation, most dubbing it a cult, with the strangest of rituals...
Geographical area and key features: The Daughters of the Forest are centered completely around their Sacred Vale, a small valley surrounded by forests, with a small stream running through it, with a small shrine next to it, said to have been built by Alerielle herself.
Other details:
The Daughters of the Forest aren't very organized, the only authority being the Handmaiden of the Goddess, whom always has to be a Prophetess of Alerielle. It's only a small group, numbering roughly 300, compromised entirely of women that have left their respective communities for a life of dedication to their Goddess, living in the Sacred Vale. The group is known for it's strange and bizarre ways, including cannibalistic rituals. Better hide yer children!

I like it. Accepted.
Now to figure out a place to put mortal faction apps...

@Flamels, no follower system and no turns at the moment. I could bring them back by popular demand, but tbh that brings up issues of balance and would need a fair amount more effort on my end to manage. Worshipper numbers are still the decider of power, but there won't be a given number of followers for anybody.

@Vic, mixed. I've put it from Classical to early Renaissance - although you could be tribal even if you wish (I'm going to make me some Orc nomads :D ). Although tech isn't the advantage it is irl, for the sake of balance. So a Roman-type faction could easily go toe-to-toe with a bunch of Dwarves with primitive firearms.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 am

New Strausberg wrote:
Bentus wrote:
Accepted.

I will be making a app very soon then for the God of Death and Demons

One last question would I be considered second or first generation?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 am

Dutch.... Can you mark an area on the map that belongs to your faction?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 am

New Strausberg wrote:

Entirely up to you. The Generations are there just so that if you want a more 'elder' or 'younger' feel for your character, then you could make that happen - the divisions are guidelines more than hard-set rules.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 am

Bentus wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Figured I'd start out by making a small cult-ish group for myself, will probably do some NPC groups later on.

Other details:

I like it. Accepted.
Now to figure out a place to put mortal faction apps...

@Flamels, no follower system and no turns at the moment. I could bring them back by popular demand, but tbh that brings up issues of balance and would need a fair amount more effort on my end to manage. Worshipper numbers are still the decider of power, but there won't be a given number of followers for anybody.

@Vic, mixed. I've put it from Classical to early Renaissance - although you could be tribal even if you wish (I'm going to make me some Orc nomads :D ). Although tech isn't the advantage it is irl, for the sake of balance. So a Roman-type faction could easily go toe-to-toe with a bunch of Dwarves with primitive firearms.

romans with firearms here we come!!!!

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:42 am

Bentus wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Entirely up to you. The Generations are there just so that if you want a more 'elder' or 'younger' feel for your character, then you could make that happen - the divisions are guidelines more than hard-set rules.

Awesome, I'll get started on my app right away.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:43 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Dutch.... Can you mark an area on the map that belongs to your faction?

http://i.imgur.com/ew24HDb.jpg
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:44 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Dutch.... Can you mark an area on the map that belongs to your faction?

http://i.imgur.com/ew24HDb.jpg

Circle the territory please...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:44 am

Flamels Stone wrote:
Illan wrote:OP, as opposed to a blessed animal for my Earth God, could he have a set of "blessed" minerals that have exceptional properties? That seems more suiting and relevant. If not, that's alright, I have it figured out :)

I also though of having a plant instead, but you could have a mole for a blessed animal?

A mole for a badass towering earth God sounds....rather wimpy, though.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:45 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ew24HDb.jpg

Oh, I thought I'd just mark the spot with an arrow - it's only a single Valley, really.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Oh, I thought I'd just mark the spot with an arrow - it's only a single Valley, really.

Just makes it easier for me to see...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 am

Illan wrote:
Flamels Stone wrote:I also though of having a plant instead, but you could have a mole for a blessed animal?

A mole for a badass towering earth God sounds....rather wimpy, though.

What about large, burrowing rock-worms that eat unwary travelers in the mountains? (Not TOO large mind you) Golems perhaps?

And you know what I've just realised? There's not a single river on my map - not one :3 *feels really self-conscious* Aw well, feel free to make up details like forests/valleys/rivers etc that you can't necessarily see on it.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:49 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Oh, I thought I'd just mark the spot with an arrow - it's only a single Valley, really.

Just makes it easier for me to see...

I drew a little circle :)

http://i.imgur.com/vFLmehE.jpg
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:50 am

Curses, Dutchy, I'm not even TRYING to find you.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:51 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Curses, Dutchy, I'm not even TRYING to find you.

stalker
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse