NATION

PASSWORD

The Red Tide: A WW3 Tactical RP(OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Alouite wrote:By support in support choppers do you mean Close Air Support?

By that I mean more transport oriented.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Alouite wrote:By support in support choppers do you mean Close Air Support?

By that I mean more transport oriented.

Then, no offense, expect those spots to be empty. I'll be signing on as a squad in the 1st platoon soon.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:10 pm

My first post when the IC is up will be delayed. Gonna be in Toronto tomorrow and I'll probably have no internet except for earlier in the morning
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Alouite wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:By that I mean more transport oriented.

Then, no offense, expect those spots to be empty. I'll be signing on as a squad in the 1st platoon soon.

I'm not saying they can't be armed and used as CAS, but their primary role will be transport, like the Huey or Blackhawk.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Alouite wrote:Then, no offense, expect those spots to be empty. I'll be signing on as a squad in the 1st platoon soon.

I'm not saying they can't be armed and used as CAS, but their primary role will be transport, like the Huey or Blackhawk.

That's fine. I'll app for a squad. I'm sure support won't be too hard to NPC control.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Alouite wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I'm not saying they can't be armed and used as CAS, but their primary role will be transport, like the Huey or Blackhawk.

That's fine. I'll app for a squad. I'm sure support won't be too hard to NPC control.

Naw, it's all good man.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Squad App:
Nation Name: Al
Squad Type: Combat Medical Corpsmen
Squad Nationality: American
Squad Leader: Lieutenant Jack T. McDaniel
Squad Members(Up to 12):
- Master Chief Petty Officer John K. Jackson
- Petty Officer 1st Class Kyle E. Davis
- Petty Officer 1st Class Donovan R. Jameson
- Petty Officer 2nd Class Eric V. Crimson
- Petty Officer 2nd Class Daniel J. Daily
- Petty Officer 3rd Class Ryan U. MacArthur
- Petty Officer 3rd Class Ethan F. Forest
- Seaman Samuel H. Hughes
- Seaman David C. Orion
- Seaman Wesley N. Macon
- Seaman Stanley C. Ford
RP Examples: Ya know meh.
Hyman Minsky

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Alouite wrote:Squad App:
Squad Members(Up to 12):
- Seaman David C. Orion
- Seaman Wesley N. Macon
- Seaman Stanley C. Ford

Not to be an arse, but this is not a naval/marine unit...and even if it were entire squads generally aren't made up of medics/corpsmen, there is only usually one to a platoon...
So, y'know, denied....

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Alouite wrote:Squad App:
Squad Members(Up to 12):
- Seaman David C. Orion
- Seaman Wesley N. Macon
- Seaman Stanley C. Ford

Not to be an arse, but this is not a naval/marine unit...and even if it were entire squads generally aren't made up of medics/corpsmen, there is only usually one to a platoon...
So, y'know, denied....

This is one squad to a platoon, and I wanted to have Navy troops be assigned to the task force, I wasn't assuming that it was an overall naval unit. But whatever. I really wanna play as Navy so I'll look elsewhere. I see the gap in realism and such, I just wanted to do something new, and since all the attack choppers are taken, I'll keep an eye on this for future openings. Sorry if I'm being picky, just the Alouitan way.
Hyman Minsky

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Alouite wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Not to be an arse, but this is not a naval/marine unit...and even if it were entire squads generally aren't made up of medics/corpsmen, there is only usually one to a platoon...
So, y'know, denied....

This is one squad to a platoon, and I wanted to have Navy troops be assigned to the task force, I wasn't assuming that it was an overall naval unit. But whatever. I really wanna play as Navy so I'll look elsewhere. I see the gap in realism and such, I just wanted to do something new, and since all the attack choppers are taken, I'll keep an eye on this for future openings. Sorry if I'm being picky, just the Alouitan way.

I'll compromise and either allow you to be a Marine Squad or an attack chopper, deal? In fact, you can be a Platoon Commander if you wish.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Alouite wrote:

I'll compromise and either allow you to be a Marine Squad or an attack chopper, deal? In fact, you can be a Platoon Commander if you wish.

Fair enough, Could I be an attack chopper? It's just that I've done Army so often in RP's that it's getting repetitive and have never Rped an attack chopper. Sorry for being a bit hard headed, that is the downside to the Alouitan way.
Hyman Minsky

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:56 pm

Alouite wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I'll compromise and either allow you to be a Marine Squad or an attack chopper, deal? In fact, you can be a Platoon Commander if you wish.

Fair enough, Could I be an attack chopper? It's just that I've done Army so often in RP's that it's getting repetitive and have never Rped an attack chopper. Sorry for being a bit hard headed, that is the downside to the Alouitan way.

Sure

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Alouite wrote:

Sure

I appreciate it.
Hyman Minsky

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Alouite wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sure

I appreciate it.

As you should, you are the exception.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:53 pm

I think I may just scrap the while Support Helicopter idea and open it to all types.

Totulga
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Totulga » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:I think I may just scrap the while Support Helicopter idea and open it to all types.

I would recommend scrapping the support Helos and reducing the number of Attack helicopters to a max of 4. Helicopters are already a very strong force with an Apache being able to destroy as many as 16 Tanks by itself. Too many and it would take a lot of the fun and desperation out of the RP.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Totulga wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I think I may just scrap the while Support Helicopter idea and open it to all types.

I would recommend scrapping the support Helos and reducing the number of Attack helicopters to a max of 4. Helicopters are already a very strong force with an Apache being able to destroy as many as 16 Tanks by itself. Too many and it would take a lot of the fun and desperation out of the RP.

Alright, but you realize the Soviets also have some pretty good Anti-Air and their own epic helicopters?

Totulga
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Totulga » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Totulga wrote:I would recommend scrapping the support Helos and reducing the number of Attack helicopters to a max of 4. Helicopters are already a very strong force with an Apache being able to destroy as many as 16 Tanks by itself. Too many and it would take a lot of the fun and desperation out of the RP.

Alright, but you realize the Soviets also have some pretty good Anti-Air and their own epic helicopters?

Soviet Havoks and MI-24s' are very good aircraft. However we need our own anti air assets to beet them not additional helicopters. Helicopters can defend themselves in a pinch with for example my Cobras 2 Sidewinder missile and chaingun but in the end they are not very good at it. I would also argue that despite the fantastic soviet technology a Havok and a Hind are no match for an Apache in terms of destructive capability. The Havok is the closest thing to it but even then its avionics and Anti Tank capabilities are lacking when compared to US attack helicopters. On the other hand the Hind is a brilliant mix of transport and Gunship. Problem is that it doesn't excel at any of those tasks.

The Hind can only carry a 9K114 Shturm which is no match for an ITOW and completely eclipsed by the Hellfire. After that it only has rocket pods that are good against infantry but hardly worth their weight against armor.
The Mil Mi-28 Havok on the other hand is more compatible with an Apache. The Havok carries the 9M120 Ataka- V ATGM that has 25% less range than the Hellfire, a less sophisticated and accurate guidance system, and a smaller payload. Its' one saving grace is its larger load of Air to Air missiles that again, as I stated earlier, are an emergency measure not the preferred method. In addition, the best Air to Air missile it can get which by the way is circa 1984, is the Vympel R-73 that has both a shorter range, less sophisticated guidance system, and smaller payload than the comparable and Cobra equipped Sidewinder.

I am not saying they will not be a concern or that they will be easy. I am just saying they need the numbers to balance out the technological differences.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Totulga wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Alright, but you realize the Soviets also have some pretty good Anti-Air and their own epic helicopters?

Soviet Havoks and MI-24s' are very good aircraft. However we need our own anti air assets to beet them not additional helicopters. Helicopters can defend themselves in a pinch with for example my Cobras 2 Sidewinder missile and chaingun but in the end they are not very good at it. I would also argue that despite the fantastic soviet technology a Havok and a Hind are no match for an Apache in terms of destructive capability. The Havok is the closest thing to it but even then its avionics and Anti Tank capabilities are lacking when compared to US attack helicopters. On the other hand the Hind is a brilliant mix of transport and Gunship. Problem is that it doesn't excel at any of those tasks.

The Hind can only carry a 9K114 Shturm which is no match for an ITOW and completely eclipsed by the Hellfire. After that it only has rocket pods that are good against infantry but hardly worth their weight against armor.
The Mil Mi-28 Havok on the other hand is more compatible with an Apache. The Havok carries the 9M120 Ataka- V ATGM that has 25% less range than the Hellfire, a less sophisticated and accurate guidance system, and a smaller payload. Its' one saving grace is its larger load of Air to Air missiles that again, as I stated earlier, are an emergency measure not the preferred method. In addition, the best Air to Air missile it can get which by the way is circa 1984, is the Vympel R-73 that has both a shorter range, less sophisticated guidance system, and smaller payload than the comparable and Cobra equipped Sidewinder.

I am not saying they will not be a concern or that they will be easy. I am just saying they need the numbers to balance out the technological differences.

True

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Nation Name:Cruxa
Squad Type:Infantry
Squad Nationality:American
Squad Leader: SSGT Oliver Queen
Squad Members(Up to 12):
TEAM 1:
SGT. Roy Harper
CPL. Miguel O'Hara
PVT1 Peter Parker
PVT Avery Johnson
TEAM 2:
SGT Laurel Lance
CPL Felicity Smoak
PVT. Johnny Storm
PVT. Rick Jones
RP Examples: The squad was moved in from a camp on the east side on the battlefield. Advancing into a fortified position, the team readied their guns. Quick as lightning, half the team split right and the other left. As the Soviets marched up the center, they were easy prey. As the assault weapons fired, SSGT Queen was on top of a bluff, taking out small groups of soldiers at a time on over watch. When no Soviets remained, the team moved a steady northwest, Queen keeping an eye on them. All was quiet. "We're done, camp," said Queen into his walkie.
Last edited by Cruxa on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Totulga
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Totulga » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Cruxa wrote:Nation Name:Cruxa
Squad Leader:Lt. Col. Oliver Queen
Squad Members(Up to 12):
2nd. Lt. Roy Harper
2nd. Lt. William Hyde
WO3 Miguel O'Hara
WO2 Peter Parker
MSGT Avery Johnson
SSGT Laurel Lance
SGT. Felicity Smoak
CPL. Johnny Storm
RP Examples: The squad was moved in from a camp on the east side on the battlefield. Advancing into a fortified position, the team readied their guns. Quick as lightning, half the team split right and the other left. As the Soviets marched up the center, they were easy prey. As the assault weapons fired, Lt. Col. Queen was on top of a bluff, taking out small groups of soldiers at a time on over watch. When no Soviets remained, the team moved a steady northwest, Queen keeping an eye on them. All was quiet. "We're done, camp," said Queen into his walkie.

A typical US Army squad consists of 9 men normally lead by a staff Sargent or E-6.
A squad would have 2 team leaders, normally sargents or corporals and then 6 privates and private first classes.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Totulga wrote:
Cruxa wrote:Nation Name:Cruxa
Squad Leader:Lt. Col. Oliver Queen
Squad Members(Up to 12):
2nd. Lt. Roy Harper
2nd. Lt. William Hyde
WO3 Miguel O'Hara
WO2 Peter Parker
MSGT Avery Johnson
SSGT Laurel Lance
SGT. Felicity Smoak
CPL. Johnny Storm
RP Examples: The squad was moved in from a camp on the east side on the battlefield. Advancing into a fortified position, the team readied their guns. Quick as lightning, half the team split right and the other left. As the Soviets marched up the center, they were easy prey. As the assault weapons fired, Lt. Col. Queen was on top of a bluff, taking out small groups of soldiers at a time on over watch. When no Soviets remained, the team moved a steady northwest, Queen keeping an eye on them. All was quiet. "We're done, camp," said Queen into his walkie.

A typical US Army squad consists of 9 men normally lead by a staff Sargent or E-6.
A squad would have 2 team leaders, normally sargents or corporals and then 6 privates and private first classes.

Exactly, therefore, denied.

Totulga
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Totulga » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:16 pm

For those who don’t know.
A United States Squad of 1982 would have the following organization:
Squad leader: E-6/ Staff Sargent armed with a M16A1 Assault rifle
Alpha Team leader: E-5 Sargent or E-4 Corporal armed with a M16A1 Assault rifle.
Grenadier: E-3 Private First Class or E-2 Private Armed with a M16A1 with a under barrel M203 single shot, breach loading grenade launcher.
Rifleman: E-3 Private First Class or E-2 Private Armed with a M16A1 and a M72 LAW (Light Antitank Weapon)
Machine Gunner: E-3 Private First Class or E-2 Private Armed with a M60 Machinegun
Bravo Team would be the exact same as Alpha team.

*Please note, there are no officers.
*There are no surface to air missiles or Anti-tank guided missiles. They belong to the weapons squad that would have a 9 man squad armed with 3 Dragon Antitank missiles along with 9 M16A1 rifles.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:07 am

Sure, Huey's are fine, but can a Huey do this?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Dubrovka
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dubrovka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:46 am

Squad App:2st Platoon, 1st Squad
Nation Name: Dubrovka
Squad Type:US Army Rifle Squad
Squad Leader: Staff Sergeant Micheal Dewalt
Squad Members(Up to 12):

Alpha: Corporal John Inga
-Specialist Douglas Smith(M16A1,Rifleman/Backup Team Lead)
-Private Second Class Robert Williams(M16A1,Rifleman)
-Private Second Class Scott Romero(M16A1,Rifleman)

Bravo: Sergeant Mack Mcdougal
-Private First Class Kelly Mirks(M16A1,Rifleman)
-Private First Class Kyle Cribb(M16A1, Rifleman)
-Private First Class James Housely(M16A1 w/ Grenade Launcher,Grenadier)

Charlie: Corporal Don Timo
-Private First Class William Delacruz(M60,Machine Gunner)
-Private Second Class Curtis Colvin(M16A1,Ammo Carrier)
-Private First Class Trevor Tlusty(M16A1, Ammo Carrier)

RP Examples:You know me dawg
Last edited by Dubrovka on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -0.67
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.52
http://imgur.com/y7QRuGi
Pro: SPACCEEEEE, Enviornment, LGBT Rights(Or general equality), Pro-Choice, Basic Human Niceness, Increased funding to arts programs in schools
Anti: Racism, Homophobia, Shark Finning, killing for sport
If anyone needs to talk about something or vent or whatever would make you feel better, I am here, just TG me.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse