NATION

PASSWORD

The Historical RP Group HQ 2

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have a sexual fetish?

Yes, more than one
23%
Yes, one
16%
Sort of/maybe/not sure
42%
No
19%

Total votes : 31

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:
Alternate histroy stuff form around the web inspired me :P

AH stuffs are better when the creators know what they are doing, and know the facts without trying to make it ridiculous and ASB.

I could imagine some of that happening :p

Better question is, are you interested in the rp?
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:46 pm

New Rnclave wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
AH stuffs are better when the creators know what they are doing, and know the facts without trying to make it ridiculous and ASB.

I could imagine some of that happening :p

Better question is, are you interested in the rp?

I never really make AH RP so I can't say I make things ridiculous, but I think I did made my historical 18th century piracy RP to included magic. :p

Sure, I am always interested in nation RP, as long as the app doesn't include the numbers of APCs, Jets, Weapons, and vehicles, because all of that are kind of...useless. Because in the end you may not wage war against other countries.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:07 pm

yee haw it's time for mass line

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Whatcha think of my rp idea?
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:20 pm

New Rnclave wrote:

Haven't read it all

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:27 pm

New Rnclave wrote:

It is an enemy of the Daleks. All enemies of the Daleks must be destroyed! EXTERMINATE!!!!!

Jk, 't looks awesome
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:04 pm

Oh I like the idea.

*coughcanibechinapl0xcough*

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:08 am

New Rnclave wrote:Fortunate Son : The Story of American Victory and Soviet Collapse: ( Rp Idea )

The United States' victories in Vietnam are more decisive, instilling in the North Vietnamese government a belief that the United States will attack again if they break the truce with South Vietnam. The election of Ronald Reagan, the staunch anti-communist, in 1976 after Richard Nixon sealed the deal for Hanoi. Reagan's policies of fighting the Soviets everywhere led to an ironic cooperation with the Chinese, who themselves invaded Vietnam in 1978. Although the war ended in a stalemate, it cemented the Sino-Soviet split forever. Both China and the United States gave large amounts of covert support to the Afghan mujahideen, who proved capable of resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and forcing the mighty superpower to retreat from Afghanistan, humiliated. Of course, the Soviets had greater problems on their hands. The Soviet economy was stagnating, and the old Party guard was dying out. There was a conflict between those who would reform the Soviet Union, and the hardliners who would stay the course. Initially, the reformer Mikhail Gorbachev took control and began to liberalize the Soviet Union, but opposition from hardliners prevented him from doing as much as he wanted. Eventually, this conflict turned violent. In 1990, as the Warsaw Pact collapsed, elements of the Soviet Army began to prop up the Warsaw Pact regimes without Moscow's authorization. When Gorbachev ordered them to stand down, they refused to listen, and Gorbachev himself became the TARGET of a botched coup. Gorbachev survived and escaped Moscow, and led elements loyal to him against those loyal to the military-KGB junta in Moscow. The situation deteriorated quickly, with some Soviet republics seceding from the USSR in the chaos. By November of 1990, the Soviet Union was in a state of civil war. The Soviet Civil War was a decade-long conflict, finally ending in 2000 as the remaining warring factions agreed to a ceasefire. Much of the Soviet Union's nuclear arsenal had been SECURED by the UN during the fighting, but some came under the control of the warring states, and some were used against Soviet cities and military installations. None of the belligerents dared to use them on foreign targets, knowing that the entire USSR would be turned to ash if they did. The use of nuclear weapons did bring the outside world, principally the United States, the European powers, and China into the conflict as UN peacekeepers. Unlike the Korean War, the UN forces did cooperate with one another and did not fight one another, even if they did back opposing factions.

Looks pretty cool. Would the post-Soviet nations be pre-determined or would it be up to the players to create them?
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:23 am

Historical RP Advertisement Form
RP name:1821: Napoleon's Victory
Link to RP:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=346685#p25141798
OP/co-OPs of RP:Of the Quendi

Genre:Post-Napoleonic Wars AH
Elaboration on RP:This RP is set in 1821 in an alternate universe where Napoleon won the Napoleonic Wars. Its emphasis will be Europe, but people can also RP other nations as well. The timeline is explained above (but it is still very much a work in progress), and within the frame laid out here there is a certain amount of freedom for players to establish their political system and country, as long as the player-created history adds up. The setting of this RP plays shortly after a French victory in the Napoleontic Wars, meaning that the ideas of Enlightenment have spread rapidly across the continent, though the reaction against them has been substantial as well.
Target RPer group:People who like Napoleonic period?
Other info:
429429 (marks this as an advertisement form)
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:46 am

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
Reatra wrote:YOU FOOCKIN WOOT MAITE.

IT WAS AS GENOVESE AS CAN BE NOW SHUT THE FRICKINFRACKINFRUCALUCK UP

*Ahem* Corsican is a Central Italian dialect similar to Tuscan, Not like Frank influenced Genovese

Yes; Corsica used to be much like Sardinia, until the Pisan rule caused mass immigration from Tuscany; the Genovese had comparatively little influence. The Italian spoken there, IIRC, still sounds more like Pisan than anything else.
Senkaku wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:Notice how I did say that you'd have to get really alternate with the alternate history.

However, while it may seem silly due to how different it is from RL, it's not entirely implausible if you don't have them going extinct in the Channel Islands (they even coexisted with humans for a while). If tamed during a period where people practiced agriculture, they could probably have been used as a beast of burden.

California = Volantis

*memories of colonising Canada as the North*
Aldelxane wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Why do we never do RPs set in the future? Could someone remind me?

Because this is the Historical RP group.
Also, what TNL said.

Edit: It's easier to realistically role-play a time period that we understand and can cross-examine in hindsight than a future that may never exist, and which none of us really understand.

Pfff, implying we care about going off topic. :P
The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:442299

I would like to be a member, please.

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda wrote:I remember back when there were 2 or 3 Kaiserreich-like (hey, that rhymes) RPs. Midnight in Moscow was probably the cream of that crop.

Indeed.
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Orrrrrrrrr you could have Magellia or whatever it's called be a large unstable country new to democracy that has all the House of Cards-y scheming... plus ambitious generals and ambassadors and shit. Just an idea.

Well, then it would not be an Australian analogue which will just require tweakings and shit but nothing that cannot be managed.

The main reasons we went for a :notAustralia: are the fact that it is an island and a first world (relevant) country with a lot going on internally and decent ties to the region.

Can all easily change tho, all depending upon feedback and such.

Mmm, how close would it follow Australia? One thing that has to be considered is that Australia is relatively tiny and young. IRL, Australia's politicians tend to act below Australia's weight, in the sense of not projecting and representing themselves nearly as much as any other power its size would or should, but it'll still be a problem.
also pls no first past the post please god no
Cieux wrote:Salutation ,my dear friends, I come here with a request to join this interesting forum about history.

Sure!
Reatra wrote:HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

I HAD AN AMAZING IDEA WHILE READING A FORUM ABOUT THE HISTORICAL POPULATIONS OF IRELAND.

Seeing as how Ireland in 1845 right before the famine had 10,000,000 people (about 9,500,000 but rounding up makes it sound better) and England+Wales only had 15 million... What if the great famine happens in England? Say starting in the 1700s the island becomes too reliant on one crop (maybe make it potatoes for such great irony) and it fails one year. Obviously it won't be the crazy thing that happened in Ireland, but there'd be tons of emigration and death. Maybe to the colonies or maybe to America.

Uh, sources I'm finding are saying more like 8 million for Ireland. So, England+Wales+Scotland would still dwarf Ireland, either way.
The New World Oceania wrote:I suppose I may as well throw in a 442299. None the less, I have a roleplay I suspected some of you may be interested in.

Historical RP Advertisement Form

RP name: If They Lived
Link to RP: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=345474
OP/co-OPs of RP: The New World Oceania (Head) | The Valen Empire (Associate)

Genre: AH (surprise!) | Law/Trial | Character | Drama | Crime
Elaboration on RP: This is a character roleplay that looks into alternate histories of five of the most wanted criminals in history — Dylan Klebold, Said Kouachi, Osama bin Laden, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, and Lee Harvey Oswald — asking what would happen in their trials if they had lived to see a courtroom. The series has a competitive structure, the prosecution and defense teams staying together for all five roleplays, with each trial designating a certain amount of points to the winner.
Target RPer group: Notably, anyone with at least some roleplay experience — legal knowledge is not necessary for this roleplay. We're able to teach you everything you need to know.
Other info: Planning on starting this week.

Appy noted.
Paketo wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:
I could see Mexico taking half of them back, reclaiming a good portion

If the Confederacy was able to get Mexico to agree to intervene for California and Nevada, it could lead to a successful campaign by Sibley back by Mecican forces. The entire civil war would be changed if the Confederacy won the west.

You would also get a stronger Mexico out of it

Uh, something something Golden Circle? Is that relevant? :P
The Jonathanian States wrote:"A discussion about the naming conventions of Sperm" - A play in three parts, as presented to you by the Historicals.

tfw my friend told me yesterday that her school was nicknamed "spermbank"
Reatra wrote:
Senkaku wrote:This tiny little thing called nuclear fallout. Hell, the detonation from just a few bombs in remote places made a whole bunch of atolls uninhabitable for the next few thousand years, wiped out Aborigine groups, and killed fishermen hundreds of miles away. The Trinity test (a small fission bomb) was nearly cancelled because there was just rain in the area and if they detonated it into the clouds radiation would literally rain down on the people around the test site.

If you detonate a few thousand thermonuclear weapons over major cities and military bases (where there's a lot more material that gets lofted- ash, dust, the usual radioactive isotopes), without any concern for weather conditions, around the world on every continent (and focusing a bit more on big population centers, and industrial centers and centers of wealth in the Northern Hemisphere) that might cause a few problems.

If you still don't get it I'll explain it another way. Trinity could have killed loads of people from radiation and it was a dinky little 20kt blast in the middle of nowhere. Now imagine detonating a few multiple-megaton or even "just" a few hundred kiloton weapons over, say, the Pearl River Delta as a rainstorm is moving in.
That's a whole lot of dead people all of a sudden, and a whole lot of industry and port facilities that could've been used to save the lives of others in poorer countries that are now unusable for the next 20,000 years.

There are several waves of deaths from an apocalyptic nuclear scenario. There's the people who get incinerated or smashed to pieces by shrapnel or ripped apart by the shockwave. After them there's the wounded who die later that day or in the next few days (as well as the sick people whose hospitals are suddenly in ruins without power). Then people start coming down with radiation sickness around the hypocenter and dying like flies. After that, especially in dense urban areas, or possibly concurrently with this, suddenly no one has food or water (at least that's safe to eat), because all the places that could have sent them food or water are having the exact same problem. So people start starving, fighting, dying of thirst (and even the rainwater isn't safe to drink, because it's all been infused with the delicious flavor of strontium-90 and cesium-137). People get sick for other reasons. If there's a second wave of nuclear attacks, this process may repeat, and if there's limited conventional fighting people are going to be slaughtered too.
Eventually the fallout from other cities will hit the few areas that are still habitable, carried on the wind, and then everyone dies, leaves the planet, or buries themselves real damn deep and waits for twenty or thirty thousand years until the surface stops glowing.

That would really only obliterate the northern hemisphere, though, and maybe Brasil and Austrailia or something. What I mean is how Africa and the Southern hemisphere would be bombed back to the stone age.

What I'm asking is how nobody seems to realize that even fallout and cancer everywhere

Pffft, who needs a reason to bomb Africa? :P
Seriously, though, I imagine it would be the shockwaves of global societal collapse, and floaty dust/radiation that would do away with Africa, which isn't all that well developed and equipped in the first place. This is assuming it doesn't get bombed; I can imagine that maybe the South Africa powerhouse, maybe major parts of north Africa and the oil producing regions might be hit.
Reatra wrote:
Sabara wrote:D:<

romajaaaaaa

#weeaboo

wut

#weeaboo

So, uh, I'm back...

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:33 am

So, uh, I guess I should drop the bomb.
I'm not really interested in RPing anymore.
It's been a good 2 years, and it's been great fun, but I think that at least for now, a few things are worn out.
I'll try and tie up loose ends on RPs I'm with at the moment, but from now on, it's fairly unlikely that I'll be joining any RPs at all. I'll definitely be sticking around, popping around this thread, writing for the P2TM Times, discussing on the Restaurant and Cafe, browsing around the forums in general, but it won't be the kind of activity that I used to have.
So, actually, it won't be too different from what I've been doing for maybe the last half-year or more, where I've drastically cut down; from the early days when 12 RPs at a time was the norm to one or two every once in a while.
That's about it; sorry for doublepost vanity, but I figured I should get it out. :P

Well, actually,
So, I've separated the reasons into two main chunks, but it's not quite so discrete; you could mix and match them into any number of points, but this is the general gist of it.

1. Disinterest
I just don't find RP to be as entertaining, enthralling and fun as it used to be. For what reason, I don't know why; I think my original draw to it was the novelty of not actually having any bounds or constraints, but, to be frank, I have some other outlets for that kind of thing as well now. Not only that, but as an inevitable result of having RPed with better RPers, my standards have kind of risen, and it is now harder to find stuff that is new, novel, and engrossing, while also being of a quality that I can be satisfied with. To put it simply, RP is a bit worn out for me, and I think a lot of older RPers might sort of see what I mean.

2. RL
Ah, real life, real life. In that strange world, I'm a year 10 student, and as we approach our year 12 exams, things are really getting stepped up. Not only that, but there are medical and personal matters which need attending to, all of which have contributed to me having reduced time and energy for NS, but also having changed my interests and desires to a degree. I haven't got any big problems, per se, but lots of things have changed; I'm happier than I ever have been year 6, which has driven social interaction, and there's more schoolwork and planning for uni/career, and I'm beginning to consider getting into other things, from online language courses to coding games. I hate to say it, but RL is pushing a lot against NS, and it's winning.

edit: this does mean that the History of RP is off, so sorry about that, especially for those who were waiting for it (Terminus Alpha? :( ). The Worldbuilding Competition is still on, however, and I officially opening entries to be submitted now; TG them to me while I work on a place for their presentation, judging and awards.
Last edited by Alleniana on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:53 am

What's the world building competition? Is it that you world build an Alternate history or do you create single nations and it's neighbours?
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:38 am

Alleniana wrote:edit: this does mean that the History of RP is off, so sorry about that, especially for those who were waiting for it

BLIAMBA
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:13 am

Alleniana wrote:I'm a year 10 student, and as we approach our year 12 exams,

WAT HAPEN 2 11!!

Anyways Al, sad to see you drop off. In my experience, though, I've done the same thing, and I've taken a few months off before I come back and enjoy the nostalgia of just one RP. In fact, I still do that. I'm also coming up to my senior year (the highest level of American public education before university), but my district allows us to take up to three hours off the schoolday (I'm taking two).

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:24 am

Alleniana wrote:So, uh, I guess I should drop the bomb.
It's been a good 2 years, and it's been great fun, but I think that at least for now, a few things are worn out.
I'll try and tie up loose ends on RPs I'm with at the moment, but from now on, it's fairly unlikely that I'll be joining any RPs at all. I'll definitely be sticking around, popping around this thread, writing for the P2TM Times, discussing on the Restaurant and Cafe, browsing around the forums in general, but it won't be the kind of activity that I used to have.
So, actually, it won't be too different from what I've been doing for maybe the last half-year or more, where I've drastically cut down; from the early days when 12 RPs at a time was the norm to one or two every once in a while.
That's about it; sorry for doublepost vanity, but I figured I should get it out. :P

Well, actually,
So, I've separated the reasons into two main chunks, but it's not quite so discrete; you could mix and match them into any number of points, but this is the general gist of it.

1. Disinterest
I just don't find RP to be as entertaining, enthralling and fun as it used to be. For what reason, I don't know why; I think my original draw to it was the novelty of not actually having any bounds or constraints, but, to be frank, I have some other outlets for that kind of thing as well now. Not only that, but as an inevitable result of having RPed with better RPers, my standards have kind of risen, and it is now harder to find stuff that is new, novel, and engrossing, while also being of a quality that I can be satisfied with. To put it simply, RP is a bit worn out for me, and I think a lot of older RPers might sort of see what I mean.

2. RL
Ah, real life, real life. In that strange world, I'm a year 10 student, and as we approach our year 12 exams, things are really getting stepped up. Not only that, but there are medical and personal matters which need attending to, all of which have contributed to me having reduced time and energy for NS, but also having changed my interests and desires to a degree. I haven't got any big problems, per se, but lots of things have changed; I'm happier than I ever have been year 6, which has driven social interaction, and there's more schoolwork and planning for uni/career, and I'm beginning to consider getting into other things, from online language courses to coding games. I hate to say it, but RL is pushing a lot against NS, and it's winning.

edit: this does mean that the History of RP is off, so sorry about that, especially for those who were waiting for it (Terminus Alpha? :( ). The Worldbuilding Competition is still on, however, and I officially opening entries to be submitted now; TG them to me while I work on a place for their presentation, judging and awards.

Goodbye friend. Good luck with the rest of high school.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:53 am

Kryskov wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I'm a year 10 student, and as we approach our year 12 exams,

WAT HAPEN 2 11!!

Anyways Al, sad to see you drop off. In my experience, though, I've done the same thing, and I've taken a few months off before I come back and enjoy the nostalgia of just one RP. In fact, I still do that. I'm also coming up to my senior year (the highest level of American public education before university), but my district allows us to take up to three hours off the schoolday (I'm taking two).

11 is harder than year 12, apparently :p

Yeah, thanks. I probably will join an RP here and there somewhere over the course of these few years, when time allows it, but that's in the distant future, now. I think we are able to take time off in year 12 as well, but I'm not sure of the extent of it.
Epraria wrote:What's the world building competition? Is it that you world build an Alternate history or do you create single nations and it's neighbours?

viewtopic.php?p=24686923#p24686923
Terminus Alpha wrote:

Well, actually,

1. Disinterest

2. RL

Goodbye friend. Good luck with the rest of high school.

Aww, thanks. :hug:

But don't say your goodbyes yet! I mean, I'll still be around doing OOC stuff. Just not IC stuff, especially since if I tried, I might disable the RP by being inactive.

So, yeah, I'm not dead, I'm just not RPing. :P I mean, also, who knows, maybe I'll make a comeback to full time RPing in university.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:54 am

Sorry to hear that you've worn out Al. Happens to the best of us :) Give it a few months break and you'll come back, never fear.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:58 am

Mmm, I'd like to return in a few months, but in a few months, it'll be time to enter that overdrive mode that is supposed to last until year 12. I suppose we can hope.

I have found that it can be easier to run an RP than to participate in one, though, so actually, while I probably won't join any RPs these 2 years, I might take a shot at running a low-maintenance one. But there I'm getting ahead of myself. :P

The worldbuilding competition is now open to entries, and I'll be accepting them for at least a few days, whereupon we'll work something out to create a thread where they can all be displayed. Just TG me with your entry for now, and I'll see how we go.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:01 am

Alleniana wrote:Mmm, I'd like to return in a few months, but in a few months, it'll be time to enter that overdrive mode that is supposed to last until year 12. I suppose we can hope.

I have found that it can be easier to run an RP than to participate in one, though, so actually, while I probably won't join any RPs these 2 years, I might take a shot at running a low-maintenance one. But there I'm getting ahead of myself. :P

The worldbuilding competition is now open to entries, and I'll be accepting them for at least a few days, whereupon we'll work something out to create a thread where they can all be displayed. Just TG me with your entry for now, and I'll see how we go.

If you running an RP you can always ask one of us, or two of us to be co-ops.

Helping you ease the load.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:02 am

Alleniana wrote:Mmm, I'd like to return in a few months, but in a few months, it'll be time to enter that overdrive mode that is supposed to last until year 12. I suppose we can hope.

Overdrive? In high school?

If you need to do that you're less smart than I give any P2TMer credit for :P

Don't worry, uni is great time to post too.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:15 am

>notices how allen is being like super prepared for GCSEs
>remembers that i have my A2 exams in less than a year's time

;-;
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:50 am

Can someone explain British/Commonwealth secondary school to me?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:52 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Overdrive? In high school?

If you need to do that you're less smart than I give any P2TMer credit for :P

Don't worry, uni is great time to post too.

Pressure and issues and things :P It would be nice to get straight A+ and an academic award for the ol' resume. I've also been offered extension Latin, but I haven't got into the higher maths class, which is a bummer. Well, that, and lots of extracurricular stuff that I am regretting I didn't leap at. Anyway, if it turns out overdrive isn't necessary, I can always switch off, but I can't make up for lost time.

I go to a private school, and I'm aiming to qualify for 2 VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) 3&4 units in year 11, which is basically the equivalent of god. We have to do 4 3&4s, but you get points from up to 6, so most are aiming for 6, some for 7 in case one is botched in which case they have a backup. Doing 2 in year 11 means that you can do either another 5 or 6 in year 12, which, y'know, bringing you up to a grand total of 8 is cray.

I can't blame it all on school though; I forgot to mention that a friend bought me EU4, which explains a lack of time far better :P I've finished a Scotland->UK and am doing a New Spain (1521 start) -> Mexico, and am up to mid 18th century, both with barely any savescum. All this in a handful of days, on speed 5.

Kryskov wrote:Can someone explain British/Commonwealth secondary school to me?

I'd try, but Australia's system is probably supremely irrelevant to the rest of the world, considering that even internally, we have Queensland (a.k.a. the Deep North, or the Bible Belt That Isn't Shaped Like A Belt) going off and doing its own totally weird thing, and localised versions of ATAR, such as in Victoria, which has VCE.

edit: yeah EU4 is actually probably the main culprit :P any tales? I'll start off with my 2 games so far, maybe
Last edited by Alleniana on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:56 am

Well, actually,

1. Disinterest

2. RL

o/
As I said on Steam, and whatnot.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:58 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:

Well, actually,

1. Disinterest

2. RL

o/
As I said on Steam, and whatnot.

:hug:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse