NATION

PASSWORD

A War in the Shadows (Cold War Espionage RP,OOC,Semi-Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Hey, can anyone here help me for a minute in finding pictures to use with the intel? I'll TG you what I need.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:Hey, can anyone here help me for a minute in finding pictures to use with the intel? I'll TG you what I need.

I'm willing to lend a hand.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Tayner wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Hey, can anyone here help me for a minute in finding pictures to use with the intel? I'll TG you what I need.

I'm willing to lend a hand.

Alright, I'll TG you the details.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Nation Name: Sanabel
Character Name: Carter Stancey Foucault
Appearance:
Image Carter stands at 6'2", and is of lean build. He has a slight stoop, making him seem around half an inch shorter.

Bio: Carter was born in 1927, to a wealthy family in Hartford, Connecticut. His father, Grayson Stancey Foucault was the proprietor of the family petroleum business, Stancey Oil, which had been founded by his maternal grandfather, William Stancey. From Carter's birth, he was educated in his family mansion, by tutors. His parents were cold and distant, focusing more on his older brother, Grayson Jr. Grayson would be the one to inherit the family business, after all. While this hurt Carter growing up, he grew close to his nanny, who was like a surrogate mother. In 1936, the family moved to Seattle, to be closer to the newly acquired oil fields in the Alaska territory. These years were the best in Carter's childhood. He spent as much time as he could in the family vacation home on Lake Mercer, and surrounded himself in books on nature, as well as growing conflicts in Europe and Asia. Oftentimes, he would sneak into the forest for hours on end, to read amongst the giant redwoods, and the damp, mossy forest, when he was supposed to be practicing piano, or football. Not liking this antisocial behavior, his parents sent him off in 1942, to Taft Prepatorial School, in rural Connecticut. Here, he studied hard, focusing on academics. Fairly social, he attended some games and parties, but never really had a steady girlfriend. After three years of hard work, in 1945, he enrolled in Brandeis University, where he earned a masters degree in sociology, and a bachelors degree in foreign language. Soon after, he got a job for the Swiss National Bank, as an investment banking analyst. He became a very good analyst, analyzing potential clients and investments. His work moved him from West Berlin, to Geneva, to Paris, to Tokyo, and across the United States. In 1955, he was picked up by Langley, for his information analysis skills. After joining, he received even more analytical training, plus firearms and data collection training.
Personality: A bit pretentious, Carter sees himself as above the dirty work. He's there to analyze data, not get his hands dirty in conflict. While often pessimistic, he is for the most part friendly. He isn't easily swayed by money due to his familial wealth. He tends to live by the "end justifies the means" motto.
Skills: Information analyses, foreign language(speaks Russian, German, Mandarin, and Vietnamese), firearms, gadgetry related to data collection, data collection.
ID Code: 1886 (DO NOT REMOVE)
RP Examples:
"It was all gone. Every last bit, torn to shreds, or thrown into the sparkling turquoise waters of the Mediterranean below. But I still feel her with me. The destruction of our trinkets, our collection of memorabilia from our time together, doesn't shake her icy grip on my heart, my soul. Like Icarus flying too close to the sun, I flew too close to her heart. Now I'm falling, spinning downward, escalating into insanity. Tonight is the night it ends. The Sauvignon Blanc is still crisp in my mouth, the Fougasse crust still laying on the table. It is so much like that one evening, my fondest memory of her. But she doesn't stand on the terrace, there is no sun dress blowing in the breeze, accenting her curves. Its just me. The doll I made to represent her is nothing! I throw the fake girl out the window. She is still in my, I cant shake her. Nothing I do will ever release me of this curse. I leave the note by the door, written in perfect script with her favorite blood red ink. Is it my blood I used? I forgot. I wrote that note soon after smashing a mirror; I couldn't stand the sight of myself. How dare you, you ugly bastard. You are nothing without her! The note explains my true, deep emotions for her. The deep hatred and love all at the same time. The sing songy alto, of the short days and nights spent with her, the deep baritone of the long hours without. Its going to end, now. I walk through my destroyed apartment, blood on the floor, sharp ax laying in a pile of destroyed goods. I have brought these emotions within and without. I see the rope, knot already tied. As the sun sets over the Riviera, I can feel its warmth reflecting off the sparkling water, but I do not feel it. Nothing warms the cold inside. Nothing. I secure the knot, and then put the noose to my neck, feeling its embrace, the way she used to wrap her slender forearms around my neck, her bosom against my chest. I shed one tear, picturing the moment one last time.

"Au revoir, Apolline."

I feel my body drop for a second, I see the sun in the sky. I feel her soft lips against mine for but a brief moment. The last moment.
Last edited by Sanabel on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Sanabel wrote:Nation Name: Sanabel
Character Name: Carter Stancey Foucault
Appearance:
Bio: Carter was born in 1927, to a wealthy family in Hartford, Connecticut. His father, Grayson Stancey Foucault was the proprietor of the family petroleum business, Stancey Oil, which had been founded by his maternal grandfather, William Stancey. From Carter's birth, he was educated in his family mansion, by tutors. His parents were cold and distant, focusing more on his older brother, Grayson Jr. Grayson would be the one to inherit the family business, after all. While this hurt Carter growing up, he grew close to his nanny, who was like a surrogate mother. In 1936, the family moved to Seattle, to be closer to the newly acquired oil fields in the Alaska territory. These years were the best in Carter's childhood. He spent as much time as he could in the family vacation home on Lake Mercer, and surrounded himself in books on nature, as well as growing conflicts in Europe and Asia. Oftentimes, he would sneak into the forest for hours on end, to read amongst the giant redwoods, and the damp, mossy forest, when he was supposed to be practicing piano, or football. Not liking this antisocial behavior, his parents sent him off in 1942, to Taft Prepatorial School, in rural Connecticut. Here, he studied hard, focusing on academics. Fairly social, he attended some games and parties, but never really had a steady girlfriend. After three years of hard work, in 1945, he enrolled in Brandeis University, where he earned a masters degree in sociology, and a bachelors degree in foreign language. Soon after, he got a job for the Swiss National Bank, as an investment banking analyst. He became a very good analyst, analyzing potential clients and investments. His work moved him from West Berlin, to Geneva, to Paris, to Tokyo, and across the United States. In 1955, he was picked up by Langley, for his information analysis skills. After joining, he received even more analytical training, plus firearms and data collection training.
Personality: A bit pretentious, Carter sees himself as above the dirty work. He's there to analyze data, not get his hands dirty in conflict. While often pessimistic, he is for the most part friendly. He isn't easily swayed by money due to his familial wealth. He tends to live by the "end justifies the means" motto.
Skills: Information analyses, foreign language(speaks Russian, German, Mandarin, and Vietnamese), firearms, gadgetry related to data collection, data collection.
ID Code: 1886 (DO NOT REMOVE)
RP Examples:
"It was all gone. Every last bit, torn to shreds, or thrown into the sparkling turquoise waters of the Mediterranean below. But I still feel her with me. The destruction of our trinkets, our collection of memorabilia from our time together, doesn't shake her icy grip on my heart, my soul. Like Icarus flying too close to the sun, I flew too close to her heart. Now I'm falling, spinning downward, escalating into insanity. Tonight is the night it ends. The Sauvignon Blanc is still crisp in my mouth, the Fougasse crust still laying on the table. It is so much like that one evening, my fondest memory of her. But she doesn't stand on the terrace, there is no sun dress blowing in the breeze, accenting her curves. Its just me. The doll I made to represent her is nothing! I throw the fake girl out the window. She is still in my, I cant shake her. Nothing I do will ever release me of this curse. I leave the note by the door, written in perfect script with her favorite blood red ink. Is it my blood I used? I forgot. I wrote that note soon after smashing a mirror; I couldn't stand the sight of myself. How dare you, you ugly bastard. You are nothing without her! The note explains my true, deep emotions for her. The deep hatred and love all at the same time. The sing songy alto, of the short days and nights spent with her, the deep baritone of the long hours without. Its going to end, now. I walk through my destroyed apartment, blood on the floor, sharp ax laying in a pile of destroyed goods. I have brought these emotions within and without. I see the rope, knot already tied. As the sun sets over the Riviera, I can feel its warmth reflecting off the sparkling water, but I do not feel it. Nothing warms the cold inside. Nothing. I secure the knot, and then put the noose to my neck, feeling its embrace, the way she used to wrap her slender forearms around my neck, her bosom against my chest. I shed one tear, picturing the moment one last time.

"Au revoir, Apolline."

I feel my body drop for a second, I see the sun in the sky. I feel her soft lips against mine for but a brief moment. The last moment.

Accepted

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Sanabel wrote:Thanks.

Good app.

Actually, Fantastic App!!! :clap:
Last edited by Australian Antarctica on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Thanks.

Good app.

*bows*
Thank you. That means a lot, considering my relative new-ness to the P2TM.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Good app.

*bows*

Really? You, at least from what I've seen, are better than a lot of old timers.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:11 pm

Sanabel wrote:*bows*

Really? You, at least from what I've seen, are better than a lot of old timers.

Yeah, ive been on NS a little while, rping here about a month now. Well, I wrote a long bio, and that is one of my best passages. I've been in a lot of small, light rps, zombies, super heroes, that stuff, and I'm not quit great yet, since its hard to really show off your writing skills in those. But this should improve my skills, along with the advice I've received, especially since this RP seems to be heavier faire.
Last edited by Sanabel on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Really? You, at least from what I've seen, are better than a lot of old timers.

Yeah, ive been on NS a little while, rping here about a month now. Well, I wrote a long bio, and that is one of my best passages. I've been in a lot of small, light rps, zombies, super heroes, that stuff, and I'm not quit great yet, since its hear to really show off your writing skills in those. But this should improve my skills, along with the advice I've received, especially since this RP seems to be heavier faire.

Just take your time and do good long posts. That's all we ask of you.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Sanabel wrote:Yeah, ive been on NS a little while, rping here about a month now. Well, I wrote a long bio, and that is one of my best passages. I've been in a lot of small, light rps, zombies, super heroes, that stuff, and I'm not quit great yet, since its hear to really show off your writing skills in those. But this should improve my skills, along with the advice I've received, especially since this RP seems to be heavier faire.

Just take your time and do good long posts. That's all we ask of you.

I will. Expect a depressing character, because that's what I'm good at. My posts should be slightly lighter than the sample, however.

Protestant England and Germany
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Protestant England and Germany » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:42 pm

I'll help if I can
After spending 19 years on this earth, I've learned one important thing. Life is a bitch, but its the way you roll with the punches and fight back that makes it wonderful.
I am a right leaning independent
Regulated Capitalism, Regulated Socialism, Democracy 2nd Amendment, Castle Doctrine, Increased Military Spending, Israel, Kurdistan, Allowing Illegal Immigrants to become citizens by either joining the military, earning a college degree, or joining the work force, Affordable Health Care
Communism, Fascism, Dictatorships, Racism (across the board), Sexism (across the board), Extremism, Iran, China, Russia, Palestine, ISIS, People who take advantage of the system

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Tagged.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:Tagged.

Well, if you're in it, I guess I'll tag it, even though I'll probably suck at it. (My grasp of history is truly terrible.)

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:Tagged.

Well, if you're in it, I guess I'll tag it, even though I'll probably suck at it. (My grasp of history is truly terrible.)

I'll try and help you as best as I can.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:45 pm

Charlia wrote:Well, if you're in it, I guess I'll tag it, even though I'll probably suck at it. (My grasp of history is truly terrible.)

I'll try and help you as best as I can.

Thanks.

Spies are fun. Spies I can do. History is not my forte whatsoever. I mean, don't get me wrong... I know history... I just get it all confused. Like the other day I found out something was only a few centuries ago, when I always thought it was BC...

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:46 pm

Charlia wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I'll try and help you as best as I can.

Thanks.

Spies are fun. Spies I can do. History is not my forte whatsoever. I mean, don't get me wrong... I know history... I just get it all confused. Like the other day I found out something was only a few centuries ago, when I always thought it was BC...

Everything about the cold war is relatively straight forward, just do a bit of reading about it and you should be in good shape.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:50 pm

*sigh*

Tentatively tagged, because all the cool kids are here.

I may or may not place an application. On one hand, the history nerd in me says go for it.

On the other hand, I really do want to get that Fascist America RP ready.

Ugh. Choices.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm

New Grestin wrote:*sigh*

I may or may not place an application. On one hand, the history nerd in me says go for it.

Ugh. Choices.

Fascist America? You mean the past 7 years? :p

Sounds interesting though, but you kinda had the main idea for this RP so It'd be cool if you joined. No pressure.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Charlia wrote:Thanks.

Everything about the cold war is relatively straight forward, just do a bit of reading about it and you should be in good shape.

Yeah, because most everything from the Cold War is declassified now. Back then when people were actually trying to find out opinion from fact is when the media was a clusterfuck. Kind of like nowadays.

Ugh. Choices.

The only right choice is what you believe in. So flip a coin like everyone else to find something to believe in. :p
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Tayner wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Everything about the cold war is relatively straight forward, just do a bit of reading about it and you should be in good shape.

Yeah, because most everything from the Cold War is declassified now. Back then when people were actually trying to find out opinion from fact is when the media was a clusterfuck. Kind of like nowadays.

Ugh. Choices.

The only right choice is what you believe in. So flip a coin like everyone else to find something to believe in. :p

That's why I like history, so straight forward and set in stone. Well, for the most part.

I call heads.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Tayner wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Everything about the cold war is relatively straight forward, just do a bit of reading about it and you should be in good shape.

Ugh. Choices.

Flip a coin?

Consider me interested, but I'll hold off until I see the IC thread.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:59 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:Yeah, because most everything from the Cold War is declassified now. Back then when people were actually trying to find out opinion from fact is when the media was a clusterfuck. Kind of like nowadays.

Flip a coin?

Hopefully it will be up by Wednesday, if we can get more people that is...

Hoping to have around 10 for the IC.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 pm

New Grestin wrote:Flip a coin?

Hopefully it will be up by Wednesday, if we can get more people that is...

Hoping to have around 10 for the IC.

Halfway there. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse