NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:03 pm

"[Playback of unit feed active. Magnifying video to target. Target identification confirmed. Human male. Xandarian Nova Centurion.]" A robotic voice said. Several cybernetic organisms filled a small room. Some of them sat in a square, facing the walls of the room and monitoring computers through which they controlled and coordinated the Kree Sentries. A few more were situated in the middle of the room around a circular table of sorts that had an interface system through which they controlled the technology of the city itself.

"[Query: They were reported extinct, were they not?]" A second one asked.

"[Available evidence suggests target is last remaining Nova. Target helped lead resistance against subject: Annihilus. Threat must be immediately neutralized.]"

"Agreed. I will personally deal with him." A heavy and deep, though slightly distorted so that it was somewhat robotic, said. The individual said voice belonged to entered the room a moment later and revealed himself to be none other than Ronan the Accuser.

"[Jamal. Jamal. Jamal!]" Jamal's eyes shot open and he quickly sat up, causing him to feel intense pain, well, everywhere. He grimaced as he looked around the room. He wasn't exactly familiar with alien medical technology, but he could quite easily gather that he was in some sort of medical facility. Strangely though, there was no indication that he was actually operated upon. He was still in uniform, even his helmet remaining on his head.

Suddenly a Kree woman entered the room. She turned around and called out of the door "He's awake!" She rushed over to him and began scanning him with a device that sort of resembled an iPad, but he assumed was some sort of X-Ray machine. "Incredible! I didn't even operate on you and yet your bones, muscles, organs, everything has repaired itself substantially in such a short time."

"W...Where am I?" Jamal asked as he began to stand up.

"Woah, I wouldn't recommend that. You're still not fully healed. I'm Mala-Kull." A group of people then entered the room organized in a formation that made Jamal assume they were probably military. Mala-Kull pointed at the man in the center leading the group. "This is General Dan-Lar."

"And you," Dan-Lar said, "are on Aladon Prime in the Kree fringe system."

"How did I get here?" Jamal asked, trying to recollect what happened after he hit the energy barrier surrounding the Kree Empire.

"If you are asking how you got on this planet, you crashed here. To be honest, we thought you were dead. You looked like a corpse that simply got caught in the planet's gravity. Doctor Mala-Kull attempted to operate on you, but you were encased in a protective shield that prevented it. You also appeared to be rapidly healing yourself."

"[You're welcome.]"

"Shut up." Jamal said.

"Excuse me?" Dan-Lar said, frowning slightly.

"Not you. Sorry, just... continue."

"Well, we simply decided to let you go through this healing process of yours and not interfere. It seems everything turned out for the better. How soon can you get back into the field? We could definitely use assistance from a Nova to combat the threat."

"What exactly is this thr-" Jamal began before being cut off by Worldmind.

"[I have already determined the identity of the enemy. I studied the data obtained from the Kree Sentries and the viral program that was attempting to invade us. I identified the presence of a transmode technophage. The Kree are under attack by the Phalanx.]"

"The hell is the 'Phalanx'"? Jamal asked.

"Um, I haven't told you that the Phalanx is the enemy yet." Dan-Lar said, obviously confused.

"Not you. Worldmind, keep going."

"[The Phalanx are a cybernetic species -- an aggressive techo-organic life form. They care the 'transmode virus,' a technophagic viral strain that is capable of infecting anything mechanical or organic. They not only infect hosts or entire worlds, but transform them, and make them a part of the Phalanx. They then feed off of anything from which they can draw power and nutrition until all resources are exhausted. However, the most worrying part is that they appear to have received an upgrade.]"

"Holy shit, that's scary. So then, what do we do n-"

Suddenly the wall behind Jamal exploded. Thankfully, he managed to set up a shield around the doctor and the General and his men. "That is a simple question to answer. Now, you join the Phalanx." Ronan said as he entered the facility through the large hole in the wall.

"No... Ronan. Don't tell me they got you too." Ronan charged forward and brought his hammer down on Jamal. Jamal barely managed to dodge it by rolling to the side.

"[Jamal, it is critical that you pay attention at this moment. You are at a severe disadvantage. Not only are you not fully healed, but your power is reduced because I am being forced to use a significant portion to hold back the virus. You were infected when you first came across the Kree Sentries, though I held it back successfully. However I had to reduce the defense in order to save your life and heal you. You are operating at less than 40% capabilities. You cannot win.]"

"Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence, Worldmind." Jamal said, sidestepping another strike and punching Ronan square in the face. Ronan was sent stumbling backwards, however he recovered quickly and simply scowled. Jamal didn't give him the chance to continue attacking again and instead charged him. Jamal grabbed Ronan and flew through the hole in the wall.

"Trying to take the fight away from the fodder, huh?" Ronan said and punched Jamal in the side of the head. Jamal lost his grip and the two plummeted to the ground at a sharp angle and tore up the ground for a good mile or so. "A foolish decision." Ronan stated as he walked towards Jamal.

"What do you mean?" Jamal asked, as he stood up."I'd say it worked out perfectly."

"Are you sure?" Ronan held out his hand. In it was a metallic disk. A hologram emerged above the disk showing Dan-Lar and his men engaged in combat with other Kree soldiers, presumably under the control of the Phalanx, and losing.

"No!" Jamal shouted as Dan-Lar was gunned down. "Damn it, Ronan!" He charged towards Ronan, however he flew right past Ronan and to the building that housed the medical facility he was in. He crashed through the ceiling and began taking out the infected Kree soldiers in a fit of rage, knowing that Ronan was on his way.

"[Jamal, stop. You must flee.]"

"But-" Jamal began, as he flew through the building, taking out soldiers left and right.

"[Don't you understand? This fight is now pointless. The rest are dead, and fighting for the sake of revenge is foolish. We must find a way to escape the Kree system. Do not throw away your life for something so petty and make their sacrifices in vain.]"

Jamal scowled as he realized Worldmind was right. He was about to flee, but he saw a group of the solders running down a hallway to the East. He didn't know why, but he ended up followed them, despite knowing that Ronan would soon be there. He followed them into a room and barged in, taking them by surprise. He easily dispatched of them before they could react. Then he saw it, and was left speechless. In front of him was a giant, well, cocoon about 7 feet tall. "Worldmind, any idea what this is?"

"[No. It is giving off faint energies. Ones that are cosmic in nature.]"

Jamal approached it and placed a hand on it. "They were actively going to this room. They knew this was here and most likely what it is. And if they want it, that means we can't let them have it." Jamal encased the cocoon in a gravity field and flew through the ceiling,heading towards the barrier surrounding the galaxy with the cocoon trailing behind him.. He stopped at the barrier and watched as a bunch of data and information was being processed on his visor.

"[This is indeed troubling. We might as well be on a different plane of existence separate from the rest of the universe. It will be difficult to escape. But not impossible. I have a plan.]"

"Just in time, too." Jamal said. A dozen or so Kree ships became visible in the distance.

"[Jamal, we must head to these coordinates. Computing course and stargate exit match.]" Jamal flew into the stargate in front of him and a moment later found himself in front of a light blue ball of energy that resembled the sun.

"Is that...?"

"[Yes. It is a neutron star. A neutron stars is the remnants of a collapsed massive star. It is extremely compact and dense with an extremely high gravity. For all intents and purposes it is a gravimetric anomaly -- something you have the ability to manipulate to your needs.]"

Jamal's eyes widened as he realized the implications of what Worldmind was saying. "You... you want me to make a wormhole to the other side."

"[Correct. And quickly, they have caught up.]" Jamal turned and saw the ships gaining on him. He rocketed to the neutron star. "[Calibrating trajectory. Entering the star's gravity well. Accelerating...]"

"AGH! This is crazy! I can feel the gravity compressing me!" Jamal shouted.

"[Do not worry. The pain will only last but a moment.]" Sure enough, a second later he ejected from the wormhole, "[We have successfully escaped, Jamal. We are no longer in Kree space.]"

Jamal exhaled, just then realizing that he was holding his breath. "Alright, Worldmind, send out a message to all neighboring systems warning them of what's happened to the Kree. Time to get some reinforcements." He opened a stargate leading back to Earth and entered it, not noticing the slight stirring of the cocoon he was carrying with him.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:10 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:"Those little... things." He said referring to the bio-androids. "We're designed to combat the Speedster, were they not? And here's a little nugget of truth for you. Killian allows you to keep those powers. Why? Because he doesn't think you're a threat. He's fought you before, according to your memories, you only last until he gets sick of hearing your voice. And then he wins in a blink. Attempting to use those powers against him is... Stupid. That sense works both ways. He knows where you are as well. You barely have scratched the surface of what that power can do. Killian lives and breaths it. He knows it to." Asumar asked how come the earth was still standing. To which Nightmare actually laughed for the first time in his life. A hard deep laughter that actually made him fall over. "Are you serious? Asumar. You're an ant. Your invasion was smashed by a Kryptonian, and you were defeated by Killian, rendered helpless until he let you out. You're alive because of him. He LET you live."

Asumar didn't even turn back towards Nightmare as he continued walking towards Ryuichi "Those Bio-Androids were created far before Kilian had killed me , It was a project in the works for fifteen years, and after he defeated me on Earth, I designed a contingency plan called the Discarded Star that would give the Bio Androids an order to go after Kilian and destroy him on the day that I would suffer a Near-Death Injury, and that was before the Multiverse had been destroyed, after I was brought back to life, I disabled the Discarded Star Contingency Plan, which effectively ordered them to stand down from attacking Killian, their memories of their orders to attack Kilian were erased, allowing them to do whatever they wished." Asumar stood by his son, who also stared towards Nightmare "I already said before, I'm no longer interested in attacking much less provoking him, I just want to raise my son and lead the Dynasty's army to the best of my ability, now I'm asking to be left alone." Asumar said as he sat down on the ground with his legs crossed, looking away from Nightmare, not even acknowledging Nightmare's taunts.

The Alpha and Omega Brothers heard Asumar's words, while Alpha-Prime was annoyed by this revelation, Omega-Prime nodded as he walked towards Asumar "So you're one of my creators huh?" Omega-Prime said as he sat next to Asumar "And you were the one who designed to contingency that made me feel hostility towards Kilian, but considering that you no longer care for him and you decided to leave myself and my brother alone, I have to thank you for doing such a thing." Omega-Prime turned towards his brother, who looked angry "Oh come on Brother, don't be so mad about a simple thing, I know you have a very small temper, but getting mad over such a simple thing can't be helped, so why don't you just relax and see if Nightmare here will come to a decision of atomizing Sigma Galli Prime, If we die then we die, It's not like I care." Omega-Prime stated, falling to the ground and laying down on the ground as If he were bored by the whole situation.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:38 pm

"Maybe you should have thought of your son first. Even your weapons no longer care for your existence. Which only solidifies that fact that you don't have any purpose left in this reality. But. Julie has touched... My equivalent of a heart. I don't actually have one, but it's the expression that counts. Explain to me why I should bother letting to live. And I'll leave if I agree with it. If I don't I'll just Crack it open." He said having emerged from the ground. "The choice is yours. Of course you can decline... But I guess you'll know what happens then."

Alex, who was quite literally buried in Nightmare's darkness broke free enough to hear the bargain. He had no idea what Julie said to actually make the monster talk things out rather than just killing right from the get go. But at the same time he wasn't complaining. It wasn't like they were winning or had much of a chance. A brief scan of the layers of the planet revealed that Nightmare was embedded from virtually every angle and was wrapped around the core. "He's not bluffing. He more embedded in the foundation of this rock than anything else."

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:51 pm

GRAVITY

SAN FRANCISCO
13:22

I wake with a painful back and a burning chest. I groan and prop myself up on my arm, which is also badly bruised. Every part of me feels damaged in some way.

Note to self: Do not fight the Hulk under any circumstances.

I flick on the T.V I have rigged to the solar panels that were on the roof. Seems like I made... An impression. Everybody has different opinions on me. I'm being called "Gravity", which I guess makes sense. I like it. The overall response is... Positive. Some people think the costume is dumb, and I agree. There's also a lot of questions about the Hulk and why he went on a rampage. SHIELD has made no comment but reports that the situation is now under control.

Also, Starbucks is raising the price of a Venti size coffee.

I spend the rest of the day buying stuff for a new costume. I look up a few basic tutorials online and set to work. I start with another simple black and blue wetsuit. I fit a lot of extra padding inside the chest, back and shoulders, finishing off with light steel plates on the top, making them look like kind of hardpoints. I also take care in sewing a light blue logo, a cross with the points ending in arrows in each direction. I'm happy with it. I also buy some black running shoes (velcro straps) and a new pair of cycling gloves. I finish off with another motorcycle helmet. For now, it's the best I got. Maybe some hero team will pick up on me some time and recruit me (if that's how it works), but for now I'm on my own. I flick on the news again and drift off to sleep. Tomorrow I'll get to business with defending this town. I don't know anything about investigating crime, but I'll find out.

Tomorrow.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:56 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:- Snip -

Asumar stared at Nightmare for what seemed to be the longest time, Asumar was killed by Killian because it was that he wanted to show Ryuichi that no matter what odds they had to face, but that really didn't do anything but show Ryuichi that the Masaki's would almost always be weak against people such as Kilian "I guess that I really don't have a reason left in this reality than to just raise my son right, as his mother would have wanted me to, my love for my son is greater than my hatred for Kilian, which is nonexistent by this point, if you're going to at least destroy this planet, then let everyone else live and just kill me." Asumar said, offering his life in exchange for Nightmare to allow everyone else to life. Asumar was surprised when Alt-Asumar walked in front of him and stared at Nightmare.

"No, Asumar, you still have a son to watch after and you shouldn't be separated from him so soon, so..." Alt-Asumar fell to his knees as if bowing to Nightmare "If you're going to kill someone, it should be me, my existance here should have never happened before, I've been forced to live with the burden of killing everyone I knew in my Universe, I only came here when I realized that I could have had my vengeance against Kilian, and It was me who corrupted Asumar's mind to the point of making his hatred towards Kilian surface once more, and besides..." Alt-Asumar looked back to Ryuichi and his Counterpart "My existence here should have ended a long time ago."

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:00 pm

"Hmmm... Well. I do hate you the most. You know what. I'm going to give Julie's idea a try... Right after..." He said shooting a bolt of black lightning at the Alternate Asumar. "I make no promises. But Julie was nice enough to save all of your asses. When you're done thanking her for how good of a person she is, I'm leaving." He said retracting his mess from the planet. "If this doesn't work out, then I'll be back to blow up your world!" He finished in an oddly cheery voice not typical of him.

Alex didn't know what to make of the situation. Julie somehow managed to talk down a creature seemingly made of pure malevolence and actual darkness. Yet somehow, it seemed she actually befriended him. Julie was his friend and Nightmare was well... His arch enemy. But Julie had more luck in dealing with him in the last ten minutes than he did for the most of his life. Which wasn't all that long. He floated over to his Martian friend, avoiding eye contact with Nightmare. "Julie... I have no freaking clue how you did what you did. But just be careful okay? If things get out of hand, you know where to find me." He said and took off.

Killian

The fastest man alive was lonely. Since the fight with Cul, he spent his time just running laps around the planet wondering if it was time he hung up Speed Demon for good. He could have pretty much any job he wanted and live more comfortable than most. The debate went back and forth in his mind for a bit until he came across a building that clearly wasn't there on his previous few laps named the Devil's Den. "Great. More space time stuff. I hate space time stuff. Oh God please don't be magic. Magic is SO much worse." He said shivering as he entered the building. "Hello? Anybody home? If Magic is a thing in this place, let me know now and I'll be gone yesterday."

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:19 pm

As the lightining struck Alt-Asumer, he fell down to the ground, having felt the Black Lightning impact him for a moment before all of his nerves were severed, but he still remained alive even after all that. Seeing his counterpart rush to him, Alt-Asumar smiled "Ah... yes..." Alt-Asumar said with a smile as he looked up into the sky "This was a fitting end for someone such as myself..." Alt-Asumar looked and saw the expression of shock and sorrow on many of the group's faces, but chuckled as he brought his hand out to his Counterpart's Kazuko, who took his hand as well "I know you can sense that my heart was once evil, my evil was responsible for your brother's hatred towards Kilian, but I only sealed the deal when I killed you in my universe..." Alt-Asumar's eyes began to slowly close as he continued to smile "I...only wish that I had made second thoughts in my home, but now... I've atoned for my sins..." Alt-Asumar smiled as the light in his eyes faded away, his eyes closing for the final time.

Kazuko held onto Alt-Asumar's hand, his head hung low as he payed his respects for his now deceased Alternate Brother "You may have been evil before..." Kazuko whispered as he placed Alt-Asumar's hand over his (Alt-Asumar's) heart "... But to make a sacrifice for the sake of many, you've proven that even the worst people could be redeemed, and for that, may you rest in peace... brother." Kazuko slowly rose, looking towards Julie "Thank you..." Kazuko said as his hair fell over his eyes "... For everything you've done Julie, If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask whatsoever, and I shall do everything in my power to help you." Kazuko said blankly as he sullenly walked towards his temple, with Asumar, Ryuichi, and the Alpha Omega Brother's in tow. While the Masaki Guardians carried the deceased Alt-Asumar towards the Grand Warlord's Temple, with Alastir and Spera departing as soon as Nightmare's mass had retracted itself.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:09 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:-snip-

"Sounds like a good plan to me, a mixture of Vibranium, Saunders and S.H.I.E.L.D should be plenty of money. So yep, I'm in favor of a highrise. I can take care of floral decorations. If we were really desperate, I would start making fruit trees and sell it, but we're not that desperate." Val said, chuckling to herself, munching on her doughnuts before taking a sip. She did wonder how far they'd go, and if they might expand, but the future looked bright at least. She looked down at her phone, seeing the name and saying to the others, "SHIELD."

Accepting the call, she said, "Hello, Director."

Valka Silverhand
Asgard Reborn

The home of the Aesir was now reborn, restored to its formal glory. It was a mix of both magic and technology, the minds and hands of Valka and Craig had come together once again, the All-Mother contacting the newest Friend of Asgard to enlist his help. She had grown tired of the golden chrome, which, while magnificent, was tiring on the eyes, being the only color there was to see. Asgard was now rebuilt, with both gold and silver chrome metals, with technological enhancements and pieces, and also more greenery.

With her architecture complete, the All-Mother had turned her mind to war. They would not, could not wait for another attack from Olympus. The momentum was hers, and she intended to take full advantage of it. A sound victory would signal to the other realms that Asgard's power had not decreased. If Olympus wanted war, that was exactly what they would get.

And with that thought, she boarded Skipbladnir, putting on her Valkyrie helmet, Mjolnir lying on the deck, Gungnir in hand. She was surrounded by the Valkyrior, the group of Valkyries that Valka had reformed and reordered. As there were no longer any need nor wish to find worthy souls and bring them to Valhalla, she had changed the group into an elite team of war goddesses, protectors of Asgard and her personal bodyguards in times of war. Their captains were the Lady Sif and Brunnhilde, and the warrior goddesses now set forth upon Skipbladnir, leading the new fleet of Asgardian flying ships, carrying 2,00 Einherjar.

The only entrance into Olympus was via Paradise Island, guarded by the Amazonians. She could teleport her entire fleet to the doors of Olympus, but the power of the Valka-Force was not infinite, and she did not want it to run out. Already she had expended a good amount of it on rebuilding Asgard and fighting Alexander. So, they sailed, to Paradise Island to gain entry to the home of the Greek Gods, to wage war. If the Amazonians refused them access, they would fight, and unfortunately, the Amazonians would die, or they would draw their gods to their defense.

She admired the common spirit and will of the Amazonians, but she would do what needed to be done.

A mere hour later, the fleet, landing in the sea, sailed directly towards Paradise Island. There was no doubt that her fleet had been spotted, and already she heard the warning cries as Amazonians prepared themselves.

She stopped Skipbladnir, and stepped onto the hot sand of the home of the Amazonians, removing her helmet as a legion of Amazonians, dressed in full regalia and battle armor stopped right before her. She nodded, impressed by their battle readiness and waited, flanked by her captains Sif and Brunnhilde.
The legion of Amazonians soon parted for Queen Hippolyta and Wonder Woman. The queen spoke, "What brings you here, Asgardians?"

Valka stepped forward. "I am Valka Silverhand, All-Mother of Asgard. Two fortnights ago, the Olympians newly reborn, attacked Asgard, led by Zeus. We drove them back, and your Olympians fled the field. They issued no declaration of war, and their attack was full of dishonor. Olympus wishes to reassert its dominance in both the Nine Realms and the Universe, especially Midgard. As the sworn protectors of the Nine Realms, I cannot allow that, and the Olympians must be taught that the might of Asgard has not waned with the years, nor with the passing of Odin Borson."

Hippolyta responded, frowning, "We did not know of any of this, for the Gods tell us little."

Valka muttered, "Some gods," disgusted with Zeus, before raising her voice to respond. "I know of the portal to Olympus that dwells on Paradise Island. And I would have access to it. Zeus has declared war, by his actions, and I shall respond in time. It is high time that he was put in his place. This is not your struggle, Amazonians. Stand aside, and no harm shall come to you."

"That cannot be done." Hippolyta responded. "For we cannot abandon our Gods."

The All-Mother sighed. "So war it is then. I admire thee, Amazonians, and I would wish it had not come to this. But this is inevitable, you cannot win this. And I doubt that the cowardly Zeus will come to your rescue, Hippolyta." The Amazonians, looking shocked, looked to the sky, and sure enough, a lightning bolt streaked down upon Valka.

The All-Mother, casting aside Gungnir for a moment, waited, and just before it connected, reached out a hand, grabbing Zeus' bolt, and breaking it, tossing the twain bolt before Hippolyta's feet. "Zeus is Master of the Skies no longer. I shall give you until next dawn, and after that, we shall attack. Fare thee well, Hippolyta, and I pray that we shall not meet on the battlefield." Summoning Gungnir, she sighed, put on her helmet once more and turned, preparing to reboard Skipbladnir.

"Wait!" a voice cried out, the voice of Wonder Woman. "By the old rites of combat, which you still abide by, I challenge you, All-Mother, to single-combat. It will last until one of us can no longer rise, or until one of us yields. If you win, the Amazonians will stand aside and if I win, you will not attack the island." Valka turning and smiling, mused on it for a second, and then spoke up. "Agreed. At high noon, tomorrow. All and any methods of attack are allowed besides interference. Cutting her palm, Valka held out her hand, Wonder Woman doing the same, and the two women shook, their blood mixing, forming the blood oath that could not be broken.

Nodding to the Amazonians, Valka boarded Skipbladnir, and departed, back to Asgard, with the rest of the fleet.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Charmera wrote:---

Her voice was stolen? But she's a singer! That's just awful.

As time seemed to stop completely around them, or more accurately, around Chorus, so too Gilbert stopped. Had this been actual tampering with the flow of time, it would have had no effect on him whatsoever, but as it was merely Chorus' consciousness speeding up to an incomprehensible velocity, there was nothing he could do. Perhaps, had he been conscious and known about the ability before, he would've been able to compensate, but this wasn't the case.

Let's see. I'm going to try to punch you again- So predictable- which means you can dodge to the side and behead me or stab me or whatever you wish. That'll take care of the first time, but I can come back as you've seen plenty of times now. So you'll have to stab me again as soon as I twitch.

And so, the blood-drenched Westerner somehow made it to the inn while at the same time staying out of sight of the villagers.

After showering, Garnet stepped out of the bathroom, using a towel to finish drying her hair. Her old clothes had been discarded earlier, drenched in red and stinking of blood and sweat, though thankfully she was able to erase that scent from herself. She now wore some clothing provided by the locals that Masami had procured for her. She wasn't quite used to the style, but she had to admit those clothes were comfortable.

"Did I miss anything interesting?" The blonde woman asked Masami as she put aside the towel, picking up the black glove that was the dormant gauntlet Agony, as well as her two bracelets, Despair and Longing, though she had left the rest of her equipment back with the Phantom Horse, who was outside the village, in order to avoid drawing attention to herself. "If not, we should get going, or Shadow will get impatient."

On a distant world, a figure streaked across the sky above a glacial wasteland, leaving a fleeting, ephemeral trail of light in the sky that gave away its trajectory, even as the figure crashed violently into an ice formation, completely shattering it, causing it to collapse on top of it.

Not too long after, a pillar of white fired off into the sky from the very same spot where the figure crashed, its light causing the swirling clouds above to part as its heat caused all of the ice around to melt away, releasing the figure that was being held prisoner under the frozen mountain.

With a groan, Etla stood up, regenerating her arms, which had been shattered from blocking the impact that had sent her flying. First came the thin semi-transparent membrane that constituted her Coreways, spreading through the space meant to be occupied by her arms and then branching out to cover her soon to be hand as well. Then came the black, reflective stone-like mineral that she was made of beneath her skin, the dark material weaving itself back into gears and all sorts of mechanisms which granted her arms their mobility. Finally, once the black stone had reformed, a thin layer of clear, smooth skin spread out over it, thus concluding her regeneration process and making her whole once again, giving her back her usual appearance, that of an unusually fair human.

Having reformed herself, the Rainborn turned her shining eyes towards the sky to look for any signs of her enemy. Much to her dismay, however, he was nowhere to be seen, and so, she decided to fly high into the air in order to continue looking for him. Surely he wouldn't take her by surprise in the air?

However, when she tried to take off, she found herself unable to do so.

"You should pay more attention to your surroundings, my dear." Said a jovial voice behind and beneath her, and then, the man that this voice belonged to took her leg and began spinning very fast, swinging her around at the same time, the speed of his spin causing the winds to begin swirling around him, causing a vortex to emerge, sweeping away all the fallen ice from the shattered monument, though this hardly did anything to change the landscape, as it soon became apparent that the ground itself was made of ice in that distant, ancient world.

Finally, the man released Etla, causing her to go flying off into the air once again. He took off after her immediately, chasing her through the skies of the barren ice planet, drawing closer and closer even as the dazed Etla continued to fly away from the sheer force of the throw.

However, just as the man was about to catch up to her, she managed to recover and began spinning very quickly before delivering a descending kick to his head, which elicited a comical-sounding "Ay!" as the man now descended to the ground like a meteor, crashing into the ice with such force that the entire planet seemed to shake, the crater left by the impact likely visible from outer space.

Swiftly, Etla flew down to the crater, while mending her leg at the same time. She still had to learn to control her output, it seemed. Her strength was greater than it was with the Star Core, but in return, her body was not quite as durable.

As she descended, she could hear the same cheerful old voice from before. "Ooh, that tickled! My actual body, I mean." The man said as he lifted himself off the ground. Etla giggled at this, but he quickly seized the opportunity, flying up and roundhouse kicking her while she was distracted.

"Quit laughing!" He admonished, his jovial voice bearing but a parody of severity.

Once again, Etla shot through the sky, crashing through several ice mountains before coming to rest in the last one, which almost broke from the hit.

Landing next to her, the old man chuckled. "I am starting to reconsider having you train in this place. If we keep this up I'll continue feeling tickled and I might just wake up." He stated, to which Etla started giggling again. "Young lady, you should learn not to laugh in the middle of a battle."

Still giggling, Etla stood up, quickly regenerating all the damage done from the kick, and smiled up at the old man. "Sorry, Mr. Dragon." She muttered between laughs.

"I told you, it's not Mr. Dragon, it's Kazayannú." The man chided, though once again his voice was not truly stern, merely amused.

Kazayannú, as he called himself, wore the guise of an elderly man with short white hair and thick eyebrows of the same color over his creased crimson eyes. He was tall and wore a gilded dark blue robe over black clothes, which gave him an air of regality.

His elderly appearance, however, was by no means an accurate measure of his strength, as indicated by the battle that had just taken place.

"Sorry, Mr. Kazayannú." Etla repeated, having finally calmed down, though she still wore a big smile on her face.

"I told you, no mister!" Kazayannú insisted, making a parody of frustration, before smiling. "Anyway, shall we continue your training, young lady?"

Etla nodded, falling back into a battle stance, now sporting an excited grin.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:34 pm

The Fallen Jedi wrote:

As the lightining struck Alt-Asumer, he fell down to the ground, having felt the Black Lightning impact him for a moment before all of his nerves were severed, but he still remained alive even after all that. Seeing his counterpart rush to him, Alt-Asumar smiled "Ah... yes..." Alt-Asumar said with a smile as he looked up into the sky "This was a fitting end for someone such as myself..." Alt-Asumar looked and saw the expression of shock and sorrow on many of the group's faces, but chuckled as he brought his hand out to his Counterpart's Kazuko, who took his hand as well "I know you can sense that my heart was once evil, my evil was responsible for your brother's hatred towards Kilian, but I only sealed the deal when I killed you in my universe..." Alt-Asumar's eyes began to slowly close as he continued to smile "I...only wish that I had made second thoughts in my home, but now... I've atoned for my sins..." Alt-Asumar smiled as the light in his eyes faded away, his eyes closing for the final time.

Kazuko held onto Alt-Asumar's hand, his head hung low as he payed his respects for his now deceased Alternate Brother "You may have been evil before..." Kazuko whispered as he placed Alt-Asumar's hand over his (Alt-Asumar's) heart "... But to make a sacrifice for the sake of many, you've proven that even the worst people could be redeemed, and for that, may you rest in peace... brother." Kazuko slowly rose, looking towards Julie "Thank you..." Kazuko said as his hair fell over his eyes "... For everything you've done Julie, If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask whatsoever, and I shall do everything in my power to help you." Kazuko said blankly as he sullenly walked towards his temple, with Asumar, Ryuichi, and the Alpha Omega Brother's in tow. While the Masaki Guardians carried the deceased Alt-Asumar towards the Grand Warlord's Temple, with Alastir and Spera departing as soon as Nightmare's mass had retracted itself.

Julie smiled slightly, glad this was solved on the least bloody way. "Your welcome. I just wish I had tried this sooner. Perhaps we could have avoided a lot of trouble by talking." She explained.

The Republic of Atria wrote:"Hmmm... Well. I do hate you the most. You know what. I'm going to give Julie's idea a try... Right after..." He said shooting a bolt of black lightning at the Alternate Asumar. "I make no promises. But Julie was nice enough to save all of your asses. When you're done thanking her for how good of a person she is, I'm leaving." He said retracting his mess from the planet. "If this doesn't work out, then I'll be back to blow up your world!" He finished in an oddly cheery voice not typical of him.

Alex didn't know what to make of the situation. Julie somehow managed to talk down a creature seemingly made of pure malevolence and actual darkness. Yet somehow, it seemed she actually befriended him. Julie was his friend and Nightmare was well... His arch enemy. But Julie had more luck in dealing with him in the last ten minutes than he did for the most of his life. Which wasn't all that long. He floated over to his Martian friend, avoiding eye contact with Nightmare. "Julie... I have no freaking clue how you did what you did. But just be careful okay? If things get out of hand, you know where to find me." He said and took off.

Julie suddenly and unexpectedly wrapped her arms around Nightmare in a hug. She reasoned he deserved it. "If there's anyone who should be thanked. It's you. You resolved this in the best way possible. I really appreciate that." She explained to nightmare. "We should keep in touch. We're both telepaths. You should be able to reach me if you want to talk at any time."

Then when Alex spoke, she turned to face him. "Simple. I talked to him." She spoke with a smile. "I'll be fine. I can always reach you after all."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:45 pm

The Starlight wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:-snip-

"Sounds like a good plan to me, a mixture of Vibranium, Saunders and S.H.I.E.L.D should be plenty of money. So yep, I'm in favor of a highrise. I can take care of floral decorations. If we were really desperate, I would start making fruit trees and sell it, but we're not that desperate." Val said, chuckling to herself, munching on her doughnuts before taking a sip. She did wonder how far they'd go, and if they might expand, but the future looked bright at least. She looked down at her phone, seeing the name and saying to the others, "SHIELD."

Accepting the call, she said, "Hello, Director."

Cora nodded to the others as they seem to finalize their plans about their headquaters. Cora didn't know much about architecture or fashion, well she had an academic understanding of both, but not a practical one so she mostly sat in silence while the others talked. Then Valancy got a phone call and said it was Shield. Cora was curious, everyone seemed to talk about about this organization but she didn't really know what it was, however it seemed to some kind of government agency, probably one involved in defense if they were interested in their group.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Charmera wrote:-snip
The Rebel Alliances wrote:-snip

Emerald Crusade
Enter: Mobius

Max's face burned a shade of red as Ash referred to Val as his girlfriend. She wasn't wrong, but something just felt so strange about it since Val lacked much of their memories together. The Mad God didn't turn to see the confusion on Val's face, he pressed on to the teleportation chambers. "She...she wouldn't do very well where we're going." Max said, talking to Mir and Ash instead of thinking it. "Not only that - but I feel there are things wrong with Val that even I don't know about that will be fixed by our actions. Her past, for example, even the one I know, seems to be 'wrong' and plagued with meddling."

"Soo...what you're telling us," Mir said, placing a hand on a large metal construct as he looked around Max's old teleportation room - the circular pad ushering back a memory of Mir's mission with Otto to gain Odin's Eye prior to the Secret Wars. "Is that the 'correct' version of Val may not be the one you knew originally?"

"Perhaps. When the time comes to fix the universe, I think Val will be able to choose her own path. If it involves me at all, then well, that's her choice to make."

"You shouldn't be such a downer, damn." Mir said, Max narrowing his eyes and looking at his compatriot. "What? She likes you, loves you, all that jazz. You were ready to punch Doom's metal face off just for her - even if she doesn't remember, it looked like her love for you didn't change. You know she's going to stay with you through hell itself, right?" Mir asked, Max turning his head to the side as if he didn't know the answer. "For someone with super intelligence, you're not that bright when it comes to ladies." He said with a gracious smirk.

"Yeah, yeah." Max said, placing his hands on a control station, punching in coordinates, typing various things and numbers into a number of fields. "Mobius will seem familiar - to me, at least. It is Earth many, many years in the future. I'm not sure if you - Mir - or Ash have been to that world or remember it as fondly as I. Regardless, I didn't choose it for that reason, that's just where the Chaos Emeralds are." Max had been carrying around his helmet for some time now, but finally found the appropriate moment to put it back on as he set foot on the teleportation circle. "Let's be off. I get the feeling that just getting the Emeralds will not be as easy as it sounds."

"Right." Mir said, jumping onto the platform and crossing his arms, looking at Max as he placed his helmet over his head and face - the faceless helm clicking and locking onto his armor. He snickered a bit, Max glancing at him as if he asked 'what's so funny', "Oh, c'mon, you don't have to try and look so bad ass for me. Or Ash..." Max shook his head as Mir smiled on, their bodies seemingly evaporate in little flashes of light as the duo and their mental friend left this world and very timeline, advancing years and years into the future, their destination not simply Earth, but Mobius.

The air stung with an unfamiliar taste and fragrance unknown to both Mir and Max, their body's unaccustomed to the different nature and biosphere that instantly surrounded them. It was a deep jungle that they managed to appear in. It was calm and serene, save for the appearance of an ancient monolith surrounding by trees, vines, and vegetation as mother Mobius attempted to reclaim the structure. Life existed here, as far as Max knew, but he was not sure where. Mir too looked upon it's brevity, a certain sense of wonder captivating Max and Mir as the new world firmly took them into it's grasp with such a simple, yet unknown sight.

A distant boom alerted the duo to a more pressing concern, or at least, the possibility of encountering someone, or something, from this lush world. The two jogged a slight distance into a clearing, finding that they were on the side of a large mountain face. Max and Mir floated onto a rocky outcrop that peered over the trees and gave them a breath-taking view over the forested valley, as it was consumed by both large trees and vegetation yet dotted with stones and complexes like they had just seen. It was clear, this was an ancient city of some sort, but their stares were not directed at the historical wonders, but the monster that terrorized the natural wealth. A form unseen by either of the two, but Max could feel it's energetic presence.

Mir noticed that Max tightened his fist and body in response to the laying eyes on the monster, and quizzed, "Well? What is it, Max?"

"Whatever that thing is, it holds the power of the Chaos Emeralds." Max narrowed his eyes behind his mask, scanning the surroundings and finding that the beast was not alone, but at war with other creatures humanoid in form, but different from what Max had ever encountered. Mir too focused with his telescopic vision, watching as the small group tried valiantly, time after time, to attack this rampaging juggernaut to little if any effect. "Mir, I can feel different energies that resonate with the Chaos Emeralds. A light side and a dark side, if you will." At that moment, Max and Mir watched as one of the anthropomorphic humanoids was consumed by an energy blast from the being known as Perfect Chaos, their faces remaining rather stoic, but their emotions conflicted on intervening.

As a golden aura'd hero began to enter into the next phase of the battle, Max raised his hand at Mir. "Fight this beast, make an ally. Gain whatever information you can on him, that rodent, and this planet." He said, but gesturing toward where the rat had come from. "I feel a powerful source of energy where that Mobian had come from. I'll go investigate and then join you, hopefully. Ensure our rat-like ally does not succumb to this chaotic beast like his friend did." Max finally ordered, Mir nodding his consent at the directive, and surrounded himself with a faint hum of yellow solar energy to empower his Daxamite physiology even further. Blasting off towards Perfect Chaos like a bullet, Maz leisurely floated down towards the remaining Chaos Emeralds, wearily watching the fight as it progressed.

Dodging one of those mouth-blasted that toasted Scourge, Mir delivered a solid, beautifully laid punch to the side jaw of the creature. A sly confident smirk on the Daxamite's face quickly became one of concern as the strike did nothing more than create a ripple through Perfect Chaos' watery body. The creature's gigantic eye swiveled and stared directly at Mir - the green hue almost drowning out Mir's yellow aura. He grit his teeth in response, rearing back to punch Chaos even harder, but was slapped from the side by a gigantic tentacle - sending the Daxamite hard against the ground, but surprisingly, still on his feet. "Man..." He said with an exhale, "Not too bad for a big monster, huh?" He yelled at his would-be companion.

Hollering to the Ralph the Rat in his Super State, Mir introduced himself. "My name's Mir, Czar-Mir. Why I'm here isn't too important, but just know that right now, I'm on your side, little man." Mir assumed a modified combat stance and flexed his muscles to warm them up. "Just tell me where I need to be or where I need to hit, and I'll hit it with everything I have."
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:24 pm

"I doubt the outcome would've changed that..." He stopped when he saw the Martian hugging him. "What... What are you doing? I demand an explanation!" This was quite literally the first time someone grabbed with with intentions that didn't involve attempting to cause him pain. Jarring, but at the same time it wasn't bad.

Alex flew across space, but this time it was less rushed. There was no hurry. At least not to the best of his knowledge. Julie handled Nightmare better than he ever did. He was lost in thought when he suddenly hit what felt like a forcefield like a big bug. "What the shit..." Smacking into it going well above light speed hurt. "Did I just get cut off by a goddamned galaxy?" He struck it a few times but it wasn't budging. "Hmph. I have a friend who's good at this. You just wait and I'm gonna get through you one way or another. Great. Now I'm talking to myself. Turing into Killian. Hopefully with less relationship problems." He did feel bad for his friend, and it was high time they worked together on something. Take his mind off things.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:46 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:"I doubt the outcome would've changed that..." He stopped when he saw the Martian hugging him. "What... What are you doing? I demand an explanation!" This was quite literally the first time someone grabbed with with intentions that didn't involve attempting to cause him pain. Jarring, but at the same time it wasn't bad.

"It's a hug." Spoke Julie. A small frown appeared on her face. "The universal sign of affection and compassion. "You've never been hugged before?" She suddenly looked concerned, then wrapped her arms around him again. "Thats horrible..." She spoke. "It explains a lot but still... Every sentient deserves to be hugged. The people who made you really were heartless..."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:04 pm

A single knock on the door became two knocks. Then three. Then four. Suddenly, everything escalated to frantic and repeated knocks mixed with some rings of the doorbell. "Alright, already!" A woman with short white hair and wearing a simple tank top and shorts rushed out of her room and stormed to the front door of her apartment. "Damn it, what is it with people trying to get someone to answer the door in the most annoying ways possible?" She opened the door and a wide small was then plastered on her face. "Jamal!"

"Hey, Phyla. I need to ask for a favor."

"Sure! Come in and I can put something together so we can eat and catch up." She said, grabbing his arm and pulling him in through the door, closing it behind him.

"Actually, I can't. The favor is...time sensitive. To tell you the truth, I don't even know how to put this, especially since I know how much you care about the Kree empire."

Phyla frowned. "Wait, what's happening to the Kree?"

"They've been invaded by something called the 'Phalanx'. They're a tehno-organic species and have basically taken over the system."

Phyla was silent for a few seconds, staring at him in disbelief. "I'll go get dressed." A couple of minutes later, she came out of her bedroom in her costume. "Let's go. By the way, do you really think just the two of us is enough to take on something that's conquered the Kree?"

"Of course not. We're going to get some others to join us." Jamal said, walking to the front door, with Phyla behind him. "First up is another one of my frie-" He started as he opened the door, to find Ruby standing in front of him. "Ruby?" He said in bewilderment. "What... how..."

"That doesn't matter. Let's get going. We need to hurry, don't we?" Ruby said.

"Uh, yeah. You have a point." Jamal walked out of the apartment, followed by Phyla.

Phyla immediately jumped and shouted "What the-!?" upon turning her head to the right. Next to her front door was a giant, 7 foot cocoon. She put her right hand to her chest and took a couple of deep breaths. "Das't it, give me a warning! What is that?"

"Yeah, I don't really know either. All I really know is that it's important. For some reason, the Phalanx were after it." Jamal explained. Suddenly Ruby walked up to the cocoon and placed a hand on it.

"It's the solution." Ruby said.

Phyla and Jamal stared at her for a few seconds and then Phyla turned to Jamal. "What is she-"

"Don't ask. I don't understand her either. In any case, at least we don't have to waste time hunting her down. We have one more stop to make." Roughly a minute later, the group, with Ruby and the cocoon being carried in gravity fields, landed down in front of a set of large gates.

"Why did we land here? We can simply go over the gates." Phyla pointed out.

"No, we can't. We can't get in unless we're allowed in through this gate. Trust me, I've tried." Jamal walked up to the gates and stood in front of a panel with a screen and keypad on it. Jamal pressed some buttons and then spoke his name. The gates then opened, and he gestured for Ruby and Phyla to follow. He led them on foot to the front door of a mansion. He pressed the doorbell and a few seconds later, the door opened.

"Hello, Jamal. What can I do for you?" Karnilla asked.

A bright yellow light soared through the vacuum of space towards where the Kree Empire should have resided. Encased within this yellow light was a Tamaranian Yellow Lantern. For hours now, his ring had driven him to this part of the sector.

This Yellow Lantern, named K'Ragnar, had no idea what drew him to this region. Well, to be clear, he knew that fear is what was driving him there. His ring detected an immense amount of fear coming from the region and it compelled him to seek out the source. He had no idea that the galaxy was housed away from the rest of the universe, and if he did, he would find that amazing, as it would imply an unbelievably large amount of fear concentrated in the area.

"That fool took us with him." Ronan said, standing in the bridge of the leading ship that had followed Jamal.

"[Do not say that with such a prideful tone.]" One of the Phalanx aboard the ship he was riding in said. "[You have failed to capture the target. Wait. Energy signature detected. Signature is that of a Yellow Lantern.]"

Suddenly, a voice rang out throughout the bridge of the ship. It was mechanical, cold, and devoid of any sense of humanity. "Ronan. How goes it? Have you obtained the Nova?"

"No, unfortunately. But I assure y-"

"I do not want assurances, Ronan. I care only for results. Failure is not an option..." A large holographic image at least 18 feet tall emerged in the center of the bridge, revealing the true mastermind behind the Phalanx. "...for the great Ultron!"

Ronan immediately fell to his knees and bowed. "Yes, Great Ultron. Forgive me, I have indeed failed you. However, we have just detected the energy signature of a Yellow Lantern. Such a being would make a valuable asset to our forces."

"If you are successful in capturing it. See that you are successful, Ronan." Ultron simply stated, before the holographic image disappeared.

"[Warning, we are under attack.]" K'Ragnar's ring said.

"What are you talking ab- AGH!" He howled in pain as he was blasted by the guns of the multiple ships. He scowled and constructed a giant gun that fired explosive rounds at the ships. The ships effortly dodged the attacks. K'Ragnar quickly realized something was wrong. Not only was the formation of his constructs slower than normal, but the construct itself was less effective and more difficult to maintain and use. "Ring, what is happening?" He asked, as he blocked more attacks from the ships with a shield construct.

"[Something... is attempting to invade... my systems.]" The ring stammered. K'Ragnar cursed as his shield weakened more and more. Eventually it buckled and shattered. He was hit by blasts from all directions, knocking him out. The lead ship then flew to his side and mechanical tendrils emerged from it and took him in.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:21 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:

Her voice was stolen? But she's a singer! That's just awful.

As time seemed to stop completely around them, or more accurately, around Chorus, so too Gilbert stopped. Had this been actual tampering with the flow of time, it would have had no effect on him whatsoever, but as it was merely Chorus' consciousness speeding up to an incomprehensible velocity, there was nothing he could do. Perhaps, had he been conscious and known about the ability before, he would've been able to compensate, but this wasn't the case.

Let's see. I'm going to try to punch you again- So predictable- which means you can dodge to the side and behead me or stab me or whatever you wish. That'll take care of the first time, but I can come back as you've seen plenty of times now. So you'll have to stab me again as soon as I twitch.

That sounds good.

Yeah... We'll have to hit him twice... though... I have something a little more... cool in mind. She quickly shared her idea with the others. Then she put her plan into action.

As was suggested, Chorus dodged to the side, moving so that Gilberts charge would take him strait in front of her. Using that split second, she slammed upwards with the blunt end of Verse, to send him flying into the air. While she bought some time with him in the air, quickly she spun a weblike net below, using wires to create a web structure where her would land. Then, as he reached the end of his fall, she would turn verse and slash upwards, hopefully decapitating her foe. Either way, she hopped off the web and would let Gilbert fall onto it. Once he showed he was alive again, she would force the web to contract, crushing and slicing him to death. It wouldn't be pretty, but at least she wouldn't die. Once he was inteligent again, she would let him out.

And so, the blood-drenched Westerner somehow made it to the inn while at the same time staying out of sight of the villagers.

After showering, Garnet stepped out of the bathroom, using a towel to finish drying her hair. Her old clothes had been discarded earlier, drenched in red and stinking of blood and sweat, though thankfully she was able to erase that scent from herself. She now wore some clothing provided by the locals that Masami had procured for her. She wasn't quite used to the style, but she had to admit those clothes were comfortable.

"Did I miss anything interesting?" The blonde woman asked Masami as she put aside the towel, picking up the black glove that was the dormant gauntlet Agony, as well as her two bracelets, Despair and Longing, though she had left the rest of her equipment back with the Phantom Horse, who was outside the village, in order to avoid drawing attention to herself. "If not, we should get going, or Shadow will get impatient."

"Not really." The Kitsune spoke, staring at the Inn. She seemed concerned. A hood over her head covered her ears and she was now in no tail form. She sniffed. "Somethings wrong with that inn... or maybe I'm just going crazy..." She frowned, hopping onto shadow. "Eh, Whatever it is I can come back later. For now let's see what your path holds Garnet." She continued.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Charmera wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:"I doubt the outcome would've changed that..." He stopped when he saw the Martian hugging him. "What... What are you doing? I demand an explanation!" This was quite literally the first time someone grabbed with with intentions that didn't involve attempting to cause him pain. Jarring, but at the same time it wasn't bad.

"It's a hug." Spoke Julie. A small frown appeared on her face. "The universal sign of affection and compassion. "You've never been hugged before?" She suddenly looked concerned, then wrapped her arms around him again. "Thats horrible..." She spoke. "It explains a lot but still... Every sentient deserves to be hugged. The people who made you really were heartless..."

"No... It's not entirely true that I've never been shown affection. I had a puppy." He said creating a little construct of a baby black Labrador. "I loved the puppy. They took it away if I didn't do what they wanted. I played along until one day they killed it. I admit I may or may not have overreacted and may or may not have killed most of them. Which is where I got the name. So they built a fancy trash can and tricked me into it. I wasn't as smart or as powerful then. I was freed by Ultron. Who I promptly... Played with. Alex met me for the first time and I kill Ultron in front of him." He explained unaware of Ultron's seemingly limitless backup bodies. "You know the rest. That's my life story." Why he decided to open up to the Martian? Why was he feeling affection when previously there was no room in his mind for such a thing? The most obvious answer was that he felt for her past. It wasn't too different than his.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:55 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Charmera wrote:"It's a hug." Spoke Julie. A small frown appeared on her face. "The universal sign of affection and compassion. "You've never been hugged before?" She suddenly looked concerned, then wrapped her arms around him again. "Thats horrible..." She spoke. "It explains a lot but still... Every sentient deserves to be hugged. The people who made you really were heartless..."

"No... It's not entirely true that I've never been shown affection. I had a puppy." He said creating a little construct of a baby black Labrador. "I loved the puppy. They took it away if I didn't do what they wanted. I played along until one day they killed it. I admit I may or may not have overreacted and may or may not have killed most of them. Which is where I got the name. So they built a fancy trash can and tricked me into it. I wasn't as smart or as powerful then. I was freed by Ultron. Who I promptly... Played with. Alex met me for the first time and I kill Ultron in front of him." He explained unaware of Ultron's seemingly limitless backup bodies. "You know the rest. That's my life story." Why he decided to open up to the Martian? Why was he feeling affection when previously there was no room in his mind for such a thing? The most obvious answer was that he felt for her past. It wasn't too different than his.

"That is cruel... I wasn't aware of how horrible Fury and Walker were treating you. They took away your only friend..." The Martian replied, tightening her hug slightly. Not so it would be uncomfortable. "Thats not fair. No one deserves to be treated like that. Used like that and punished like that." She supposed it was only fair if she shared something."When I was a slave... they used to just beat me if I didn't do as I was told. Sometimes if they were in a bad mood they'd torture me with a lighter or an open flame." She related. "I had one friend too. A kryptonian. Alara. Younger than me." She spoke. Julie was reluctant to say what happened to her. The Kryptonian's fate was not one she liked to bring up. "We were tossed into an isolation cell together with a large piece of kryptonite. I tried to save her, but... she died slowly and painfully and there was nothing I could do." She shared.

"I'm so sorry I misjudged you." She spoke, letting go of him. "I didn't think I could talk like this,,, to you. Of all people I should know to look beyond the surface..."

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:26 am

"I can't imagine that. Great. Now I have to find them and kill them. Kryptonians are rare. That's like killing a unicorn." He said and went quiet for a moment. "So this is what it's like to talk to someone without killing them... Wait. Are they even still alive? And another... I shapeshift very often. To the degree where I don't even know what I really look like..." Questions flooded his mind for the second time in his life. What did he look like? Where was he supposed to go? What was he supposed to do? Why was he starting to feel things for Julie that he never felt before in his life?

It wasn't hard to find the Speedster. Always moving. Invisible to the naked human eye. But not to his. "How long have you been running?" He asked as Killian ran across the Atlantic, with Alex flying just above him.

"I don't know. Couple hours. Life is a mess right now and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it." He said. "I've thought about just hanging up the metaphorical cape and getting a real job. The Superhero stuff is finally starting to catch up to me. And that's the problem. Nothing catches me. I can't outrun myself. Believe me, I've tried."

"Why don't you just take some time off? Away from Earth? Space is always there. We could always just go explore. I need some time away from this planet. Naja can cover for me. The Flash can cover for you. Come on man. This whole thing is going to drive us crazy. We need some time to ourselves. Plus we need to get you out of that sulk and into that smartass part of you that was much more tolerable."

"That's not a terrible idea. Take up shop somewhere... Away. I've heard cool things about the Shi'ar."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:"I can't imagine that. Great. Now I have to find them and kill them. Kryptonians are rare. That's like killing a unicorn." He said and went quiet for a moment. "So this is what it's like to talk to someone without killing them... Wait. Are they even still alive? And another... I shapeshift very often. To the degree where I don't even know what I really look like..." Questions flooded his mind for the second time in his life. What did he look like? Where was he supposed to go? What was he supposed to do? Why was he starting to feel things for Julie that he never felt before in his life?

"Oh. Most of them are already dead." She explained. "Died in prison or during the last battle. When the GLs tore their warfleet apart many of them simply commited suicide rather than be captured. And some did so in jail." She sighed after she said that. "There are probably some remnants floating about in the stars, but no ones head from the Reavers in years..."

Although, there are rumours a new Reavers fleet is being assembled. I should probably investigate...

She smiled when he made that observation. "Yeah. Isn't it nice?" She asked. "I mean, fightings fun but talking to someone is a lot nicer. No one trying to set you on fire..." She paused. "As for what you really look like... I might be able to help. Though your shapeshifting is different from mine I could at least try."

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:23 pm

"Huh." Odysseus said, staring at how effortlessly Magnus dispatched the entire Red Ribbon-HYDRA Attack force by caving them into a massive cave system he created.

At that moment, Myosai had descend from the sky, a serious look on her face. "Oh no." Magnus said. "Myosai, who's it now?"

"Mr. Dabra was nice, but I had to leave him." She gestured to the sky. "Something big is over there." She pointed directly to an abandoned city, not far from where Magnus had dropped the Red Ribbon Army and Hydra into.

"Something tells me that they are still alive." Magnus sighed. Myosai nodded. "Myosai senses lots of weak powers and a group of strong powers." Odysseus perked up. "Don't tell me Agent Hades and Agent Zeus survived.

"Myosai senses two strong power sources." She declared, touching the ground.

"Damn." Odysseus sighed. "Just as I suspected. They're using Androids." Magnus looked over at the mercenary. "How do you know?" He asked. "Shouldn't we be able to sense their power as well?" Odysseus shook his head. "Nope. Android power signatures are hidden. That's why they can't be sensed by people like you or Myosai."

Magnus clapped his massive metal-rock hands. "This is absolutely, positively, fucking GREAT." He said, sarcastically. "First, we have to deal with Odysseus's scary ass and indestructible friend, and now we have to deal with androids that can kick our Asses?"

Odysseus nodded. "Pretty much." He flipped up a small computer mounted on the wrist. "Magnus, you have fucked up, badly."

Magnus folded his arms. "Why?"

Odysseus closed the scanner. "Directly below where you sent those guys is an abandoned subway system. They're probably in the abandoned city right now, waiting for us.. Baiting us.."

Myosai balled her fist. "Why can't Myosai just blow up the city?!" She demanded, anger increasing.

"Because, if you guys haven't been looking at the map, we are close to an EXTREMELY heavily populated area: Dubai."

Magnus placed his hands on his head, sighing loudly. "I have fucked up beyond repair. What do we do?" He asked.

"Most likely, they're preparing to fight us." Odysseus guessed. "What they won't expect is if we attack them. We sneak into that Abandoned city and take them by surprise. Myosai, being the most powerful, I automatically nominate you to go up against Android 13."

Myosai raised an eyebrow. Magnus stopped Odysseus. "Woah whah, who the fuck is Android 13?"

Odysseus folded their arms. "Red Ribbon and HYDRA have employed not only my Rivals, but also have sent some of their toughest androids to take us down. Do you want me explain to you ALL of the guys we'll likely be fighting?" Asked Odysseus, rubbing his temples.

Magnus leaned down on a rocky chair formation he created. "Enlighten me."

Odysseus sighed, looking down the list. "First up, we have my 'friends': Agent Hades, also known as Leo Flowers and my worst nightmare. Specializes in psychological warfare and has some nasty sharp Robotic spider legs that can come out of his back. He regenerates, and has an elephant gun that is able to turn tanks into swiss cheese. Then we have Agent Zeus, also known as Gregory the Giant. At a base he's 300 pounds of muscle and dumb, but in his adapting, re-assembling exosuit linked to his mind, he's basically indestructible. He has a BFG (try to guess what that acronym means) which fires, yes. NUKES. I have had a pain fighting him."

Odysseus then began swiping down on the list. "Next, the androids. There's three of
Them. 13, 14, and 15. Not much is known about them, but what I know is that they're powerful. They look powerful, so they should be tough."

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:33 pm

GRAVITY

SAN FRANCISCO
23:06

It's my first night out in the new suit. I've spent most of the day checking around the city, researching on some big gang in charge of a huge drug -and human- trafficking organisation. I've been looking into them for weeks. Three days ago, a young girl named Madison Ivy disappeared. She wast last seen near Mission Bay. Another girl, four days earlier, also disappeared near Mission Bay. Looking back, there's been a lot of cases of missing people, almost exclusively young women in the area. Nineteen in the past two months. I've been trying to find somebody who knows about this for a while, but up until now I've had no luck. I'm worried the police are being payed off too, so I'm on my own.

The first thing I looked into was reports of gang violence or shootings around Mission Bay. Nothing. So next I look into any big warehouses or buildings that could be used for human trafficking in the area. Turns out that last year a large abandoned warehouse was purchased on the pier right next to mission park. A few weeks later the first disappearances were reported. I checked it myself a week ago and the place seems to be guarded 24/7. Luckily they don't expect anybody to fly in from above.

The wind chills me to the bone and my suit sticks to me, soaked through. raindrops spatter my visor. I'm crouched down on the roof of an old derelict building, the warehouse being used by the gang. I've been here for at least five hours, just waiting. Next time I need to bring an umbrella. I sigh. What if this place has nothing to do with the gang after all? What if I'm wasting my time while people are stolen off the streets? What if-
There's a scream of pain. Female. It's followed by a gunshot. I twist around and quickly run over the top of the building to the other side. There's a shipping container filled with women of varying ages. Some look as young as twelve. They're all being held at gunpoint by a group of at least twenty men. One man stands in front of all the others, a pistol in his hand. Before him lies, a woman of about twenty. There's a bullet in her head. A pool of blood is forming and mixing with the rain. The man gestures and two of the other men come forwards and drag away the body.
"That," yelled the man. "Is what happen if you do not comply with our rules. I want no screaming, no misbehaving and no talking back. You are property. I don't care who you were before now. You are nothing. Is that understood?"

Silence.

"Good. Now I want you all to move, single file onto the boat. Anybody talks, and I kill you. Anybody hesitates, and I kill you. If I hear you breathe wrong, I kill you. Move."

All of the girls start to move, but stop shocked when I call from the roof.

"You guys are such bad guy stereotypes, geez."

All the guns swivel towards me in tandem. The guy in charge stares at me, his expression hidden under a hood. I wave. I've got to keep them distracted while I get the girls out of the way.

"Hi, I'm Gravity."

Behind the group of men the container all the women are being held in begins to silently rise off the ground.

"Give me one reason not to kill you right now." The man says. His voice is slightly shaky. He appears tough and cold-blooded, but I know he's terrified. Behind him the container continues to float away. I twist it so the girls are no longer facing the group. Just a little further and I can set them down and deal with these gu-

"HEY!" One of the men yells. He's turned around and looking at the now floating container.

Shit.

I quickly lower the container facing away from the group and duck just before bullets pepper the spot I was just standing. This'll be a tough fight. I've never fought this many people before, and definitely not armed with machine guns and also dealing with keeping hostages safe.

This is gonna be a tough fight.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-Mystic Ruins, Mobius

New Neros wrote:
Emerald Crusade
Enter: Mobius
*Snip*

I had hardly had time to adjust to the feeling of the power that I now wield, power like this however, cannot be channeled for long. But it almost seemed natural, how my telekinetic energies are now vastly amplified. Just as I was about to turn this new power against Perfect Chaos, another being, seemingly from nowhere, blitzed into the mighty creature and sent what would normally be a devastating punch into the jaw of the creature. As he learned however, one does not simply battle a waterfall. The man, or alien as sent spiraling downward into a section of the jungle which had not been flooded with water. As the overall landscape, the once beautiful forest and wildlife was being flooded out by the monster. Only the highest of alters and mountain faces rose above it. It was strange though, no human held powers like this...Czar Mir, and certainly no overlander. Using the powers of Chaos Control, I teleported next to the new ally. As I attempted to bring him up to speed. My smaller golden form contrasting with the far larger being.

"Listen closely, I dont have much time to brief you. This monster is what is called Perfect Chaos, a personification of rage and torment. Harnessing the negative energies of the Chaos Emeralds to inflict the pain it feels on the world. We cannot seal this monster in the Master Emerald, how it was defeated the first time. Even if we could, it would do nothing to prevent this from occurring in the future. The only chance we have is to deplete the negative Chaos energy within it, and once cleansed of their influence, Chaos will reform back into his original self. That of a gentle guardian."

Right at that moment, Chaos fired a spike from it's own back at us, with enough power to wipe out a skyscraper easily. Projecting my arms forward, I created a easily visible shield of psychic energy, as the attack rained on us to no affect.

"In simple terms, defeat it. The weak spot is the brain, exposed by the watery body. Striking it will cause Chaos tremendous pain, and force it to dissipate, and it will reform itself elsewhere. I am not sure how hard it needs to be hit or how many times. But attacking its body is pointless, as it is nothing but simple water. There is nothing to hurt. I am Ralph, guardian of the Chaos Emeralds. We can speak more after we conclude this battle."

As I finished informing the stranger of the situation, I once more teleported but this time over a mountain top, and testing the extent of the Chaos Emeralds power, I began to pull upon the rock formation beneath me, separating a football field sized chunk of it and hurling it at Perfect Chaos, as expected the beast simply blasted forth with the same energy attack from it's mouth which killed Scourge, and blasted through the rock piece. But in a blinding speed of light I directed myself just into the wake of the attack, and with enormous speed, penetrated the watery body of Chaos. Feeling as if I was trapped in a ocean where currents had no idea which way they wanted to go, I had guessed that Chaos would be unable to defend itself from an attack from within.

Where I had entered was near the base of the creature, and I looked further up, and could make out the brain of the beast. With energy provided form the Chaos Emeralds, I blasted through the watery body as if I was in air, and delivered a fierce punch to the brain of the creature, proving my theory correct, it did, hurt the beast.

It howled out in agony and pain and it's body quickly shot out in all directions. Rejoining the sea of water it had formed beneath it. I hovered above the battlefield, my eyes still darting around the broken landscape, and the sight of the few temples still rising above the waves. And the one my friends were currently at. Chaos emerged before them, towering over the structure as I looked down upon there terrified faces, to which Chaos responded by summoning a cyclone with no equal in size and sent it spiraling at them. With speed surpassing light, I blasted in front of the attack and used telekinetic force to forge a wall of water, reinforced by my own telekinetic power. The two forces collided, and what happened is what could be expected when a unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

A sort of stalemate occurred as I had succeeded in drawing Chaos' attention away from Mir. As I awaited to see exactly how my new ally would exploit the situation.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Charmera wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:"I can't imagine that. Great. Now I have to find them and kill them. Kryptonians are rare. That's like killing a unicorn." He said and went quiet for a moment. "So this is what it's like to talk to someone without killing them... Wait. Are they even still alive? And another... I shapeshift very often. To the degree where I don't even know what I really look like..." Questions flooded his mind for the second time in his life. What did he look like? Where was he supposed to go? What was he supposed to do? Why was he starting to feel things for Julie that he never felt before in his life?

"Oh. Most of them are already dead." She explained. "Died in prison or during the last battle. When the GLs tore their warfleet apart many of them simply commited suicide rather than be captured. And some did so in jail." She sighed after she said that. "There are probably some remnants floating about in the stars, but no ones head from the Reavers in years..."

Although, there are rumours a new Reavers fleet is being assembled. I should probably investigate...

She smiled when he made that observation. "Yeah. Isn't it nice?" She asked. "I mean, fightings fun but talking to someone is a lot nicer. No one trying to set you on fire..." She paused. "As for what you really look like... I might be able to help. Though your shapeshifting is different from mine I could at least try."

"You got me excited for nothing. Oh well. We could go around and take care of as many slavers as we come across." He suggested. Sure it gave him an excuse to hit something, but this time it was justified. "We can do good cop, bad cop. I've watched too many TV shows. Namely by reading it from people's minds." He wondered how she would be able to help him with his shapeshifting issue. "As far as I know, I was just a blob of sentient darkness. I control what I look like down to the molecular level. It's not what I do look like. Which isn't much. It's what I SHOULD look like. From my experience. People relate darkness to bad. And in most cases, it's true. But without it. You can't have light. That's enough philosophical nonsense for one day. What do you think I should look like? I can be anything. And real me... Mostly just a puddle."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:16 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Charmera wrote:"Oh. Most of them are already dead." She explained. "Died in prison or during the last battle. When the GLs tore their warfleet apart many of them simply commited suicide rather than be captured. And some did so in jail." She sighed after she said that. "There are probably some remnants floating about in the stars, but no ones head from the Reavers in years..."

"You got me excited for nothing. Oh well. We could go around and take care of as many slavers as we come across." He suggested. Sure it gave him an excuse to hit something, but this time it was justified. "We can do good cop, bad cop. I've watched too many TV shows. Namely by reading it from people's minds." He wondered how she would be able to help him with his shapeshifting issue. "As far as I know, I was just a blob of sentient darkness. I control what I look like down to the molecular level. It's not what I do look like. Which isn't much. It's what I SHOULD look like. From my experience. People relate darkness to bad. And in most cases, it's true. But without it. You can't have light. That's enough philosophical nonsense for one day. What do you think I should look like? I can be anything. And real me... Mostly just a puddle."

"Maybe we could. Though you would have to promise not to kill anyone." She replied. "I watch a lot of TV too. It's actually been pretty useful in learning earth culture and adapting myself." Julie explained. Then she cocked her head slightly to the side when nightmare asked what he should look like. "I honestly don't mind the silloutte look that much. Or the tentacles really. I actually kinda like them..." She said. "You can look whatever you want to look like." She then paused. "Though... I suppose the same offer is up for you. I could look like most anything too. Of course I have more restrictions than you in my shapeshifting, but I can turn into most anything."

"Also, apart from hunting down pirates and slavers... What else would you want to do? I don't have much going on right now so I'll be free for a while."
Last edited by Charmera on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse