NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: The Fall of Hoenn (OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:34 am

Qart chadast wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Do you know what the classic D&D alignment grid is? Lawful-Chaotic, Good-Evil? Just google it, there are thousands of examples using fictional (or real) people.

Is it This?

That is, in fact, an example. It basically dictates how your character would usually solve a problem or engage with other players. Chaotic good characters would joke around and make light of everything, while lawful neutral would be opposed to that and would take everything seriously, but also neutrally. Keep in mind that this doesn't set your character in stone, it's just a generalization of how they act.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:40 am

Hey Temp; should have an age limit? According to the original series, Pokemon Trainers started their journey at 10. But that seems a bit ludicrous. How about 14 as an Age Limit?
Illan wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:We'll consider that.

I will be allied with N in that case, as it was my plan originally for my fella to be part of that small sect of Plasma that still followed N's ideals of treating pokemon right that you find in B2/W2.

Alright.

Be warned, however, that N doesn't have all that much power anymore. Most of Plasma defected to Ghetsis, or whatever his name is, and the remaining team tends to release Pokemon rather than keep them.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:43 am

New Jordslag wrote:Hey Temp; should have an age limit? According to the original series, Pokemon Trainers started their journey at 10. But that seems a bit ludicrous. How about 14 as an Age Limit?
Illan wrote:
I will be allied with N in that case, as it was my plan originally for my fella to be part of that small sect of Plasma that still followed N's ideals of treating pokemon right that you find in B2/W2.

Alright.

Be warned, however, that N doesn't have all that much power anymore. Most of Plasma defected to Ghetsis, or whatever his name is, and the remaining team tends to release Pokemon rather than keep them.

I think 10 is fine, though I don't think everyone has to start at that age. I personally would go to school, maybe get a job, then consider Pokemon training.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 am

New Jordslag wrote:Hey Temp; should have an age limit? According to the original series, Pokemon Trainers started their journey at 10. But that seems a bit ludicrous. How about 14 as an Age Limit?
Illan wrote:

Alright.

I am aware. He would be following N out of principle, instead of power. He would likely just be a regular trainer in the Resistance, just an ex-Plasma one.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Qart chadast
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Qart chadast » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:46 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Qart chadast wrote:
Is it This?

That is, in fact, an example. It basically dictates how your character would usually solve a problem or engage with other players. Chaotic good characters would joke around and make light of everything, while lawful neutral would be opposed to that and would take everything seriously, but also neutrally. Keep in mind that this doesn't set your character in stone, it's just a generalization of how they act.

I see, thanks!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 am

Alright.

I think 10 is fine, though I don't think everyone has to start at that age. I personally would go to school, maybe get a job, then consider Pokemon training.

Alright. Sounds good.

By the way, I'm writing my Ranger App as we speak. Want to be partners?

Illan wrote:
Alright.

I am aware. He would be following N out of principle, instead of power. He would likely just be a regular trainer in the Resistance, just an ex-Plasma one.

Alright. Feel free then.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:07 am

New Jordslag wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I think 10 is fine, though I don't think everyone has to start at that age. I personally would go to school, maybe get a job, then consider Pokemon training.

Alright. Sounds good.

I guess so.

Qart chadast
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Qart chadast » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:13 am

Just finished my app, any comments or suggestions?
Last edited by Qart chadast on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:17 am

So, what's the verdict on Mega Evolution, Mega Stones, and Mega Bracelets/Rings/Whatever?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:18 am

New Jordslag wrote:Alright. Sounds good.

I guess so.

I wanna partner!
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:19 am

Illan wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I guess so.

I wanna partner!

Aren't you going to be a Trainer?
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So, what's the verdict on Mega Evolution, Mega Stones, and Mega Bracelets/Rings/Whatever?

Mega Bracelets are allowed at start, Mega Stones are not. You have to find/earn those yourself.

Qart chadast wrote:Just finished my app, any comments or suggestions?

Wonderfully done app. Accepted unless the Anime God says otherwise.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:30 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Illan wrote:
I wanna partner!

Aren't you going to be a Trainer?

Yeah, why?
Above even The Boss

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:39 am

Illan wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Aren't you going to be a Trainer?

Yeah, why?

Temp and I are talking about Ranger Partners.

But if you want to form a duo with another Trainer, that's perfectly fine.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Qart chadast
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Qart chadast » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:39 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Qart chadast wrote:Just finished my app, any comments or suggestions?

Wonderfully done app. Accepted unless the Anime God says otherwise.

Yay :)

Btw. I noticed that i had forgotten about the bio, have added it in now though.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:46 am

Can we have fully evolved Pokémon, because if your trainer has been around for a couple years, their Pokémon would have evolved no doubt.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Can we have fully evolved Pokémon, because if your trainer has been around for a couple years, their Pokémon would have evolved no doubt.

No. You may have partially evolved Pokemon (For example, Mudkip to Marshtomp), but not fully evolved ones (For example, Marshtomp to Swampert).

Ranger App
Name: Alice Royal
Appearance: Image
Sex: Female
Birthplace: Hoenn Region, Rustboro City
Moral alignment: Chaotic Good

Biography: Distantly related to the Kings of Old Hoenn, Alice grew up a silly little girl living a silly little life. She was a childhood friend of Steven Stone, though she hardly remembers him. One day, however, her Father, a Scientist at the Mossdeep Space Center, was kidnapped by Team Aqua to work on a piece of marvelous technology called the Aqua Suit, which could theoretically withstand blows from Kyogre itself. He refused, loyal only to the Champion Steven Stone. So then they kidnapped his Daughter, threatening her. Still, he refused, thinking that they wouldn't dare harm a little girl. Annoyed, Team Aqua killed him. Moments after dispatching him, however, and before they could get to Alice, a Pokemon Ranger arrived, crashing through the walls of Team Aqua's Hideout on the back of a Wailord. Though he quickly cleaned up that section of Team Aqua, he could not bring back her Father. Alice grieved over her dead Father, yet at the same time, was amazed by the immense power of this Pokemon Ranger. It was at that point that she became determined to become a Pokemon Ranger and avenge her Father.

She passed through the Ranger School with flying colors, because while Alice wasn't exactly a Genius, she was very willing to learn, and learn she did. After graduating, she was assigned to Mossdeep in Hoenn, as recent incidents with Team Magma and Team Aqua were worrying her superiors. Although she wanted to see some fighting, things were quiet from then on, and as she learned, soon after her posting, some random kids had smashed Team Aqua and Team Magma. They retreated from Hoenn, and many hoped they would never be seen again.

But be seen again they would. Team Magma and Aqua invaded Hoenn as part of the Rule Coalition, and Mossdeep, her hometown, was attacked by Team Galactic. Although she put up resistance, with the rest of the Rangers on the island, briefly, they eventually lost due to having no support from Trainers, whose Pokemon were locked inside their Pokeballs, and she fled, along with a large chunk of the island's population, to Dewford. Now she waits there with her longtime Partner, waiting to get revenge on those who killed her Father and took her hometown away.

Partner Pokemon:
  • Skitty "Cheshire".
  • Male.
  • Moveset:
    • Fake Out
    • Attract
    • Sing
    • Tackle
  • Alice had met Cheshire even before she became a Ranger. Back even before her Father had been Killed, she found a wet miserable Skitty wading onto the beaches of Mossdeep from the Ocean. This was unusual, as Skitty usually couldn't be seen anywhere on Mossdeep. One was more likely to find them near Rustboro and Lilycove. As it turns out, the story of the Skitty was amazing; abandoned by his Trainer for unknown reasons in the Lilycove waters, he had floated and then paddled from there to Mossdeep, taking breaks on islets along the way. By the time Alice found him, Cheshire was starving and dehydrated. Taking it in, she quickly nursed it back to health with her father's help, and it stayed by her from then on. When she went to become a Ranger, Cheshire followed her, and she decided to make it her Partner Pokemon, knowing that Cheshire wouldn't let her pick any other.

Optional Section:

Personality: Alice is enthusiastic and highly motivated to cleanse the world of what she deems 'Bad Guys'. Although formerly derided by her superiors in the Ranger Union as 'Naive', after the collapse of the Union, she became determined to prove them wrong. A Stubborn, easily irritated girl, her heart is in the right place and she cares deeply about the well-being of Pokemon.
Dislikes: Team members, Pokemon abuse, blood
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Can we have fully evolved Pokémon, because if your trainer has been around for a couple years, their Pokémon would have evolved no doubt.

No. You may have partially evolved Pokemon (For example, Mudkip to Marshtomp), but not fully evolved ones (For example, Marshtomp to Swampert).

What about Pokemon which evolve via stones, or are single-stage evolutions?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Camicon wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:No. You may have partially evolved Pokemon (For example, Mudkip to Marshtomp), but not fully evolved ones (For example, Marshtomp to Swampert).

What about Pokemon which evolve via stones, or are single-stage evolutions?

Pokemon that evolve via stones are allowed. Meanwhile, if a Pokemon has a singlestage evolution, then you simply start out with it's first form.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:38 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
Camicon wrote:What about Pokemon which evolve via stones, or are single-stage evolutions?

Pokemon that evolve via stones are allowed. Meanwhile, if a Pokemon has a singlestage evolution, then you simply start out with it's first form.

Ok, so Pokemon that reach their final evolution via stones are allowed at the start, but not pokemon that evolve regularly, how is that logical?

IE you can have a Raichu, but not say a Charizard.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:41 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Pokemon that evolve via stones are allowed. Meanwhile, if a Pokemon has a singlestage evolution, then you simply start out with it's first form.

Ok, so Pokemon that reach their final evolution via stones are allowed at the start, but not pokemon that evolve regularly, how is that logical?

Stones can be bought or found and used. Evolution that is reached via other means takes effort.
Last edited by Camicon on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Camicon wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Stones can be bought or found and used. Evolution that is reached via other means takes effort.

Yes, but say your character has been a trainer for multiple years, then their pokemon would have likely reached their final evolutionary stage.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Camicon wrote:Stones can be bought or found and used. Evolution that is reached via other means takes effort.

Yes, but say your character has been a trainer for multiple years, then their pokemon would have likely reached their final evolutionary stage.

Regular pokemon evolution is very much linked to the maturity of the individual. From an OOC standpoint, allowing us to start with pokemon that are fully evolved, or mature, leaves very little room for growth throughout the RP; the implication is that such pokemon are fully grown, fully self-actualized. There's also the issue of pokemon which have a two-stage regular evolutionary path tend to be more powerful than those that use stones, or have a single-stage evolutionary path.
From an IC standpoint, few pokemon are going to become fully mature within a handful of years, even under the tutelage of a trainer. Little bitty Charmander turning into a Charizard in five years is somewhat unrealistic.

Of course, I'm not a thread (co-)OP, so these are simply my own thoughts.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Camicon wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Regular pokemon evolution is very much linked to the maturity of the individual. From an OOC standpoint, allowing us to start with pokemon that are fully evolved, or mature, leaves very little room for growth throughout the RP; the implication is that such pokemon are fully grown, fully self-actualized. There's also the issue of pokemon which have a two-stage regular evolutionary path tend to be more powerful than those that use stones, or have a single-stage evolutionary path.
From an IC standpoint, few pokemon are going to become fully mature within a handful of years, even under the tutelage of a trainer. Little bitty Charmander turning into a Charizard in five years is somewhat unrealistic.

I disagree, under enough training (seeing as training increases both strength and discipline, which in turn leads to greater maturity) it is logical for a Pokemon to reach it's final evolutionary stage within five years.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Camicon wrote:Regular pokemon evolution is very much linked to the maturity of the individual. From an OOC standpoint, allowing us to start with pokemon that are fully evolved, or mature, leaves very little room for growth throughout the RP; the implication is that such pokemon are fully grown, fully self-actualized. There's also the issue of pokemon which have a two-stage regular evolutionary path tend to be more powerful than those that use stones, or have a single-stage evolutionary path.

I disagree, under enough training (seeing as training increases both strength and discipline, which in turn leads to greater maturity) it is logical for a Pokemon to reach it's final evolutionary stage within five years.

And this is why we have the Pokejammer.

Your Old Pokemon have been locked inside their Pokeballs and will likely starve to death. That's what the Pokejammer does. Now, the only Pokeball that works is the Rule Ball- a Ball crafted by the Rule Coalition when they invaded only a few months back- maybe even less time.

So no, you cannot have a fully evolved Pokemon, because any trainer that has been a trainer for five years will have probably wasted those Pokemon.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse