NATION

PASSWORD

Linaviar-Doppler Negotiations (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Tuernia
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Linaviar-Doppler Negotiations (Closed)

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:04 pm

[OOC: I think we can get right down to it, without bothering with RPing all the arrival and such. You may reference or RP your representatives arrival in Tuernia as you wish, but we will be beginning immediately with negotiations. Any similarities between this and any similar threads in the past are purely coincidental :p ]

Theveste, Tuernia

In the capital city of Theveste, negotiations between the nations of Linaviar, Randmar, Doppler, and possibly Polar Svalbard will be taking place under the auspices of Tuernian mediation. The negotiations will be taking place in the Executive Mansion, Minister of Foreign Affairs René Charrier, will be representing Tuernia. He has traveled back from the Sautero Conference, now that Prime Minister Roatta has taken over the proceedings there. If necessary, rooms will be provided at the Hotel Chassey.

Minister Charrier considers the last minute details of the conference room, as he awaits the arrival of the representatives from the four nations. A large round table occupies the center of the room, with four chairs around it, one for each representative. Additional seats are nearby for any aides. Pitchers of ice water and glasses occupy the center of the table. The windows are open, allowing a cool tropical breeze to float through the room.

He takes his seat, and waits.

Doppler
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:08 pm

The Doppler defense minister takes a seat down at the table and helps himself to a glass of water as he awaits the other representatives.
Proud member of The Western Isles
Please, call me Doppy

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Doppler wrote:The Doppler defense minister takes a seat down at the table and helps himself to a glass of water as he awaits the other representatives.

Apparently the Dopplerians are not much for pleasantries, thought Charrier as the man brushed past him.

"Hello sir. I'm René Charrier, Foreign Minister of Tuernia. I was informed the Dopplerian Defense Minister would be attending, but I didn't catch your name?"

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Tuernia wrote:
Doppler wrote:The Doppler defense minister takes a seat down at the table and helps himself to a glass of water as he awaits the other representatives.

Apparently the Dopplerians are not much for pleasantries, thought Charrier as the man brushed past him.

"Hello sir. I'm René Charrier, Foreign Minister of Tuernia. I was informed the Dopplerian Defense Minister would be attending, but I didn't catch your name?"

"Ah pardon me, my name is Davd Mar, Nice to meet you Mr.Charrier."
Please, call me Doppy

Linaviar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Linaviar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:18 pm

The Linavian ambassador walks into the conference room. Turning to the two already present, he extends his hand. "Hello there. Okinile Mishad, a pleasure. May I ask for you names?"
It's Linavian, not Linaviarian
Former Chief Justice and Proud Member of The Western Isles

Some fitting quotes...
"Despite being the flag master, you have an avant-garde TV test pattern hanging off every pole in the realm." - Miklania
"the lin-guist appears" - Ainslie

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Rakjor Needlei, walked into the room. He needed to protect the oil interests, and stop any more power being gained. He headed over to the others that were there. "Hello Charrier, I am Rakjor, leading military and economic diplomat of Polar Svalbard. We are very glad to be invited here." Rakjor smiled, please toy and friendly, as all Svalbardian diplomats are trained to do.
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:22 pm

Linaviar wrote:The Linavian ambassador walks into the conference room. Turning to the two already present, he extends his hand. "Hello there. Okinile Mishad, a pleasure. May I ask for you names?"

"Hello my name is David Mar glad to see that you have arrived," Shaking your hand pleasantly
Please, call me Doppy

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Doppler wrote:"Ah pardon me, my name is Davd Mar, Nice to meet you Mr.Charrier."

"Not a problem monsieur Mar, it's a pleasure to meet you as well." said Charrier.

Two more delegates walked in just after he finished speaking. He stood to shake Okinile's hand.

"Monsieur Mishad, welcome to Tuernia. I'm René Charrier, Minister of Foreign Affairs." he said, then he shook hands with the Svalbardian. "Welcome to you as well monsieur Rakjor. Please, everyone, have a seat."

Randmar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Randmar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Daren Cole walked into the room without a sound, he was a tall man standing nearly six foot but he was of an average build, mostly lean muscle with only a bit a flab which he had recently gained from his office. However Daren Cole was the President of Randmar and its highest authority in external matters and he could cut an imposing figure dressed in his high dollar suit which add some meticulously selected additions.

Those additions to the typical suit and tie was his traditional military kama, a half skirt made of leather that went around the back of ones legs. Which was done in his families colors of Red and brown with his crest, a coyote eating a snake. Along with this article of clothing he wore two tassels on his hip, one red and gold representing his exemplary service during his stint in the army and another grey and gold letting others know he was a master tradesmen.

The scars and burns that covered his hands would tip off most people that his trade before presidency was welding. As for his other features it was all fairly typical he had brown hair that was quickly greying, a clean shaven face that bore a permanently annoyed look and slate colored eyes.

The man he walked in with though was almost his polar opposite Alexander Sente was a shorter man who was heavier set than his companion. Sente also did not bear the tell tell signs of a man who worked all his life, easily marking his wealthy bringing. However unlike his companion who merely wore a suit, Sente's own drew people attention away from his bulk and made him appear the more diplomatic of the two. However he did match his president in one regard he wore is traditional tassels: one purple colored showing his philanthropy work, one blue and gold showing his exemplary performance in college, and anther merely red showing his required year of service in the military.

The two men were night and day, one represented Randmars working class and all its grittiness and the other its aristocracy and all its wealth. And this was exactly what they plan, The Aristocracies with their knowledge in these things lead while gaining consent from the people or in this case the President.

As soon as Sente was in the room he gave a pleasant smile and said hello to the other arrivals. Cole simply gave a simple nod and responded with his own.

Sente immediately started up introducing himself, "My name is Alexander Sente the chief diplomat of Randmar and this is our President, Mr Daren Cole. I hope we can work out a solution to this conflict in a preferable manor. "
Last edited by Randmar on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Where shall we start?
Please, call me Doppy

Randmar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Randmar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Sente and Cole took their seats, both of them going out of their way to not sit near the Linaviar Diplomat.

Sente nodded his head towards Mr. Mar, "We can begin with why you are claiming the islands, that seems like a good place. Work from the beginning and all that."

Cole glance over at the Svalbard delegate and motioned for him to sit next to the two randmarians.

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:40 pm

"I'd like to begin by thanking you all for bringing this matter to mediation. Tuernia is honored to serve in this capacity, which we hope to make more and more commonplace throughout the region. At this very table the conflict between Vancouvia and Jagellion was settled in a nonviolent way, and I hope that we can reach a similar outcome."

Charrier paused, to look about at the delegates, with a faint smile.

"A few things to remember as we go forward. The point of mediation is to reach a compromise that we can all live with. A compromise requires give and take, if you hope to get everything you want, you've come to the wrong place. We all have to be prepared to negotiate, to be as flexible as possible. Additionally, I'm sure I don't need to remind you that we should avoid insults and aspersions, they do nothing to further the point of these negotiations. A poorly placed slight can turn successful arbitration into war, and I'm sure none of you would like to see your own citizens die over something you could have avoided saying."

"Now, with that in mind, let us set out the facts of the current situation. As I understand it, the government of Doppler has seen fit to annex several islands to the south of that country. Doppler hopes to access the oil reserves there in order to improve its economy. Linaviar, as part of a general policy against imperialism, has taken exception to this annexation. The nation of Polar Svalbard also objects, as does Randmar. I invite any of you to correct me if I have something wrong, and to further explain your stances if you please."

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:49 pm

A Dopplerian oil company (Amulet oil co.) was doing prospecting off shore of Doppler. They then apparently found a large pocket of oil inbetween the islands. As the islands were uninhibated Amulet oil co. requested that Doppler secure the islands so that they could set up an off shore oil rig inbetween the two islands. The Parliment of Doppler thought that this would help improve the Dopplerian dollar as it was dropping due to the lack of oil comming out of the Doppler oil sands. (Note that Dopplers economy is based off of oil and the Doppler oil sands is where we get the majority of our oil). In an act to secure the islands, the Doppler government sent out 5 frigates, 1 destroyer, 5 apache attack helicopters, 10 sea stallion helicopters, 10 Chinook helicopters, 5 Osprey Transport Helicopters, and 1k Soiders (750 active forces, 250 reserve forces) in an act to secure the islands. Construction of the off shore oil rig is underway currently.
Please, call me Doppy

Randmar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Randmar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Before Sente could start, Cole cut in "Randmar interest in this matter is in honoring our military alliance with the Svalbards and honoring an agreement with Linaviar." Privately he thought to himself, keeping the price of oil high is only a bonus. When he heard the delegate from Doppler speak Cole smiled which for all intended purposes look friendly almost like he was agreeing with doppler's decision, nice of him to tell us the deployment.

Once his president was done Sente began "May I ask to the state of those islands. What else is on them and what exactly makes them yours and not, say, your neighbors?"

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Randmar wrote:Once his president was done Sente began "May I ask to the state of those islands. What else is on them and what exactly makes them yours and not, say, your neighbors?"

"If I may cut in, I think the claim arises from the geographic proximity and the lack of claim of anyone else. No neighboring nation has expressed any interest in them, to my knowledge. Is this correct Mr. Mar?"

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Rakjor took his seat next to the Randmarians before standing up and saying, "This land has been found to hold a coral reef near where they are extracting oil. As avid lovers of the environment, my government has told me that this can cause many species to go extinct. We therefore request that this land be turned in to a wildlife sanctuary for all nations to be able to go to and see the ecology of the environment. We feel as though the extraction of oil from here will disturb the environment there, and we are only acting for the region, and our children." Rakjor sat down, finished with his speech.
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Linaviar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Linaviar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:09 pm

"As far as we are aware, the Islands are uninhabited; a major factor in our decision to negotiate this acquisition. We are, however, extremely concerned about the unilateral and rather... lets say, aggressive nature of the action. With quite literally no warning, the nation deployed a significant military force upon the islands and began construction of oil platforms."

He paused for emphasis, and then continued. "Needless to say we are opposed to this blatant and unannounced expansion, and are here to work out a compromise with the Government of Doppler in order to ensure that no unfortunate precedents are set in the aftermath of this incident."
It's Linavian, not Linaviarian
Former Chief Justice and Proud Member of The Western Isles

Some fitting quotes...
"Despite being the flag master, you have an avant-garde TV test pattern hanging off every pole in the realm." - Miklania
"the lin-guist appears" - Ainslie

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Yes you are correct Mr.Charrier. Geography took a major role in this decision, the fact that the islands are very close to Doppler was a major factor, and the fact that our neighbours were not intrested in them Doppler could not pass this opportunity. As for you Mr.Cole, in the near future we hope to establish a town on the islands as a home for workers. The islands also show small pockets of oil scattered about.
Please, call me Doppy

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Linaviar wrote:"As far as we are aware, the Islands are uninhabited; a major factor in our decision to negotiate this acquisition. We are, however, extremely concerned about the unilateral and rather... lets say, aggressive nature of the action. With quite literally no warning, the nation deployed a significant military force upon the islands and began construction of oil platforms."

He paused for emphasis, and then continued. "Needless to say we are opposed to this blatant and unannounced expansion, and are here to work out a compromise with the Government of Doppler in order to ensure that no unfortunate precedents are set in the aftermath of this incident."

Mr.Mar stood from his seat, "We deployed a large number of troops there in an act to secure the islands from Polar as he was showing acts of aggression against us."
Please, call me Doppy

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Doppler wrote:Mr.Mar stood from his seat, "We deployed a large number of troops there in an act to secure the islands from Polar as he was showing acts of aggression against us."

"Let's all please remain calm." said Charrier, "There's no need to be getting excited and standing, we're all right here."

"Now, what acts of aggression are you referring to?"

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Doppler wrote:
Linaviar wrote:"As far as we are aware, the Islands are uninhabited; a major factor in our decision to negotiate this acquisition. We are, however, extremely concerned about the unilateral and rather... lets say, aggressive nature of the action. With quite literally no warning, the nation deployed a significant military force upon the islands and began construction of oil platforms."

Mr.Mar stood from his seat, "We deployed a large number of troops there in an act to secure the islands from Polar as he was showing acts of aggression against us."

"Sit down, we never lifted a finger against you." Rakjor said while sitting.

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:"Sit down, we never lifted a finger against you." Rakjor said while sitting.

Charrier fought the incredibly strong urge to roll his eyes at the delegate who had himself been standing only moments ago.

"Gentlemen, several of you seem to be getting a little excited. May I remind you of my opening words? We must all remain calm, as that is the only way negotiations can proceed effectively."

Randmar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Randmar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:29 pm

President cole leaned back in his chair and looked down, good greif.

Sente gave a polite cough "gentlemen may I ask once again, What else is on the islands? Forest, rocks, sand?

Tuernia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuernia » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:39 pm

"Mr. Mishad, from your comments I gather that Linaviar is most concerned about the possible use of these islands for military purposes? And/or the possibility of future expansions of a similar nature?"

"If that is the case, would Linaviar be willing to accept some level of demilitarization of these islands as well as some agreement about future expansions as a starting point for these negotiations."

Charrier turned to Mar.

"And would Doppler be willing to accept these starting points as well?"
Last edited by Tuernia on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Randmar wrote:President cole leaned back in his chair and looked down, good greif.

Sente gave a polite cough "gentlemen may I ask once again, What else is on the islands? Forest, rocks, sand?

Currently only rock and sandstone. on the second island there is a large deposit of sandstone that doppler may want to use for a quarry in the future
Please, call me Doppy

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents