NATION

PASSWORD

A Dying Traveller (Closed: Cornellia Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Novitera
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

A Dying Traveller (Closed: Cornellia Only)

Postby Novitera » Thu May 28, 2015 9:40 pm

This RP is centered around Gale Wiyrkomi as he travels the region. If you read my VIP and news post, Gale is a billionaire, the wealthiest Noviteran and credited as Novitera's greatest businessman/entrepreneur. To Noviterans he is virtually a national hero due to our praise of superb businessmen. He founded Wiyrkomi Corporation in the 1980s and the company is now a software titan developing operating systems for personal computers, peripheral programs (internet browsers, office tools etc.), search engines, gaming platform and a smartphone. He has his own charity called the Wiyrkomi Foundation well funded by his own personal wealth and the wealth of many other rich Noviteran executives (they donated for the tax breaks and to suck up to Gale). Gale is dying of pancreatic cancer which is why he stepped down from his position as CEO of Wiyrkomi Corp to travel the world in his last months of life.

As he travels around this is your opportunity to court his favor and get him to donate cash for various causes. Gale is known to be an avid philanthropist. You can play the government, a charity, university, or whatever looking to get a sizable donation. A state visit would be nice too. I'll have him travelling to each country (except maybe Urdnotia) with your permission and whoever is interested can approach him while he is there. If you are not interested, I'll still probably be going to your country and just RP solo.
Last edited by Novitera on Thu May 28, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novitera
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:15 am

Fineberg, New Edom

A private jet touched down at Fineberg Air Port. Gale was excited. It was recommended to him by his manager, who managed all the details of his life that he not go given the civil war. Gale laughed at the thought. "What are they going to do, kill me?" The manager was one of the few who knew about his condition. Today Gale wore slacks and a tucked in blue button up. Taking advantage of retirement was a priority. Not wearing a tie anymore achieved that. Accompanying him was his first son, a 25 year old analyst at Gideon Bank was content to find his own way in life taking a entry level salaried position. One that he was proud to say his son had earned. Unlike his other, older son who was content on using daddy's money to support his party lifestyle in San Crispiano. He took a leave of absence for the time being to make sure his father did not travel alone. Grant Wiyrkomi still had a full head of black hair unlike his father. Slim and lithe, he was a moderately comely man and a very eligible bachelor given how much he was set to inherit when Gale passed.

It had been quite the journey here. When Gale left the Wiyrkomi headquarters for his last day, employees had lined the hallways and lobby applauding as he walked by. There were technicians, engineers, marketing analysts, financiers, human resources and people from every imaginable department. Some of the faces were teary eyed as was his own by the time he stepped through the glass doors of their skyscraper in Downtown Avantine. Outside the press was waiting to take pictures and film the event which would probably be played on every news screen of every brokerage and trading floor of Novitera influencing the financial markets somehow. He hopped into an SUV and made his way to Avantine International Airport immediately wanting to get his trip underway.

Soldiers greeted their arrival. Not a common sight for the Wiyrkomi's who were fascinated by their gear and uniforms. Acquiring security and transportation details was done through his manager. The New Edomite government was willing enough to provide. Most likely something to do with Gale's very deep pockets he had a tendency to be generous with. After all, it was his money that had alleviated the food crisis in Saint Joseph. Gale eyed the low lying buildings of Fineberg admiring their charm and age. He noticed there was less traffic. Though certainly more military vehicles and personnel about. "Perhaps I should have had Wiyrkomi Tower built here." Gale mused jokingly with a smile.

"Then Lai Dai would have built theirs right next to it." Grant joked in return.

Their first destination was Betharan Palace. Gale did not expect to be able to enter himself as he would have liked. He was not sure if that was even possible for tourists. No matter, he was content to gaze upon it from the outside at a distance and take pictures with Grant having never seen a royal palace before. This adventure Gale had planned excited him and for the first time in a long time he felt happy, content and at peace. There was no more R&D to oversea, no more quarterly estimates that had to be met. Only himself, his son and an entire world to explore. "I should not have waited to do this." He said out loud.

"Grant, who is reigning monarch of New Edom?" Gale asked. He knew software and business but not so much about the royalty of the world.

"Queen Mara the First. Though I think Princess Jocasta rules in her stead for the time being. Along with Regent. Prince Shalmaneser." Grant explained, knowing a bit more.

"Mara...Mara....Ah that's right. The Queen of New Edom is pretty. I saw the news of her working the aquaponics plant in Harbourtown. Very respectable getting down to work like that." Gale said.

"Anyone with an honest job can hold their head high." Gale and Grant said together in unison. Grant had anticipated the words that his father had always said to him. Gale laughed at that. "I suppose I did not say it to Jack enough times." He said, referring to his older son.

Return to NationStates