NATION

PASSWORD

The Raiders - The Beginning of The End

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Esternial wrote:
Sidewinder wrote:

"The spirit of The Black Rider never goes away, it comes back to haunt you"

Not very accurate though. Raiders rarely get wounded, do they?

Unless you include finger cramps.

Or carpal tunnel syndrome.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Esternial wrote:Not very accurate though. Raiders rarely get wounded, do they?

Unless you include finger cramps.

Or carpal tunnel syndrome.

Defenders are more known for their war wounds than raiders. Chips on shoulders are common, as are bruised egos.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Das Feuer Ritter wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:Also emo horses of the apocalypse go well with stolen metal lyrics.

You learned to google ey, bravo :clap: you are the best.

The funny thing is that a search query wasn't even necessary. It's a given that the average raider is not in the possession of genuine creativity.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Norselandur
Secretary

Founded: Aug 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norselandur » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Das Feuer Ritter wrote:You learned to google ey, bravo :clap: you are the best.

The funny thing is that a search query wasn't even necessary. It's a given that the average raider is not in the possession of genuine creativity.

Well, that's why there are RPers and Raiders, I'm raider, I lack creativity but I still have fun destroying what you create :P

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Norselandur wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:The funny thing is that a search query wasn't even necessary. It's a given that the average raider is not in the possession of genuine creativity.

Well, that's why there are RPers and Raiders, I'm raider, I lack creativity but I still have fun destroying what you create :P

What am I then? An uncreative rper?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Nerotysia
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nerotysia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Norselandur wrote:

What am I then? An uncreative rper?

You are the exception that proves the rule.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Nerotysia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:What am I then? An uncreative rper?

You are the exception that proves the rule.

I like to think of myself more as a trendsetter...the leader of a new age of raiding rp.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Norselandur wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:The funny thing is that a search query wasn't even necessary. It's a given that the average raider is not in the possession of genuine creativity.

That's one way to be worthless.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Norselandur
Secretary

Founded: Aug 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norselandur » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:34 pm

The difference is that we welcome RPers while RPers don't welcome raiders :P you discriminate us, that's why we are not creative.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

That's an unfair generalisation.

Norselandur wrote:The difference is that we welcome RPers while RPers don't welcome raiders :P you discriminate us, that's why we are not creative.

See my comment above.

Kaboomlandia wrote:Or carpal tunnel syndrome.

Defenders are more known for their war wounds than raiders. Chips on shoulders are common, as are bruised egos.

From my perspective that counts for both defenders and raiders.
Last edited by Esternial on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

*Looks at own post count. Confirms that majority of posts are still in P2TM.*
Clearly, I must be an exception :roll:
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Valrifell wrote:

To be fair, I used to raid. A long time ago, but hey, it happened.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:15 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

you should come back to the black ranks!
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Shogun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:42 am

Burned native circuitry in Zen

Minor Update, April 30th

Raiders wartech technicians' test/tool calibration mission. Extensive repairs and reboots. No defender saboteurs hindering some tag fixes and retags in a former TBR-Tagfield motherboard. 14 burned circuits, 3 hammered native WAD-Transistors (1e), 13 wartech/tool Crashes/collapses, 5 misses with monkeywrench, 0 successul sabots for fendas. Reed: 10 WFE fixes, Cora: 4 WFE Fixes

Wartech Testers/Tool Techs:
Engineering consulent/Tech advisory: Dr. X
Chief Techician: Cora
Calibration Technician: Reed
Mechanical Support: Mitsuko

Circuits Burned during Wartech Calibration: 14

>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=hu3s -Cora
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=nugget_biscuits -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_confederacy -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=nevermoor -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=dictators_united -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=septicdoom -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=unknown_region -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=auto ... _institute -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_anarchy -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=periphery -Cora
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=my_little_pony -Cora

Hammered native WAD-transistors: 3

>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_ ... as_sembley (WAD 1e, 1d) -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=breckenridge (WAD 1e, 26d) -Reed
>>> http://www.nationstates.net/region=zen (WAD 1e, 1d) -Cora
The publication Cyborg of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Norselandur wrote:The difference is that we welcome RPers while RPers don't welcome raiders :P you discriminate us, that's why we are not creative.

...If people wanted to play a football friendly or something like that, they could've just ask, you know. :p
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Northern Sunrise Islands wrote:

...If people wanted to play a football friendly or something like that, they could've just ask, you know. :p

Raiders Vs. Rpers.

First round: Football (no rankings.)
Second round: all out GP war.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Raiders Vs. Rpers.

We don't have time for the second round. Couldn't it just be both sides skill mod 0 and have a deal? :p

Also, good to see this is where you are after all, thought you had CTE'd or something.
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:15 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:

you should come back to the black ranks!

That's always struck me as odd, that a lot of raiders associate themselves with some kind of edgy dark/evil LOTR-inspired rider persona.

I wonder where it came from and why there isn't more diversity.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Esternial wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:you should come back to the black ranks!

That's always struck me as odd, that a lot of raiders associate themselves with some kind of edgy dark/evil LOTR-inspired rider persona.

Other popular themes include:

Assassins
Star Wars
Dragon Age

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Esternial wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:you should come back to the black ranks!

The films were quality, I'll give you that.
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Esternial wrote:That's always struck me as odd, that a lot of raiders associate themselves with some kind of edgy dark/evil LOTR-inspired rider persona.

Assassins
Star Wars
Dragon Age

So what side are raiders in those particular themes? The bad guys?

I mean, nothing wrong with wanting to be edgy but you could've gone for something more glorious and less "spawn of evil".

Esternial wrote:That's always struck me as odd, that a lot of raiders associate themselves with some kind of edgy dark/evil LOTR-inspired rider persona.

There's no denying that, of course.
Last edited by Esternial on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Raiders Vs. Rpers.

We don't have time for the second round. Couldn't it just be both sides skill mod 0 and have a deal? :p

Also, good to see this is where you are after all, thought you had CTE'd or something.

I got mod-deleted.

Unfortunately, I don't die.

Shogun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogun » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:34 pm

Heh. Good point/WA-kill ration from that Engineering run:

4 points/4 Tags and 2 Native WA-kills:

Native WA-kill: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=dubstepnia by Yrch DarkMind @ Zen
Native WA-kill: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=nascon by Yrch Darkmind @ Zen

These are Yrch Darkmind's 3rd and 4th confirmed WA-kills. CROM!
The publication Cyborg of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:34 pm

Esternial wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Assassins
Star Wars
Dragon Age

I mean, nothing wrong with wanting to be edgy but you could've gone for something more glorious and less "spawn of evil".

Raiders are generally depicted as the basic unit of the Game, along with Defenders, one is evil one is good. It probably derives from the frequently crossed line between raiding and trolling.
Imperialists and Independents, however, are more of a grey area because they do both. Most of the time, they have a plethora of themes beyond the stereotyped yin and yang.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Esternial wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Assassins
Star Wars
Dragon Age

There's no denying that, of course.

Not everyone.

I associate myself with me, for example.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay