NATION

PASSWORD

Treason in The Black Riders

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:06 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Why not fire the mods a GHR to find out

Yes sorry, that was off topic. I do apologise.

On with the thread.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:14 am

What exactly is the incentive to working with DoS players?
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Tigeria
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:05 am

HA! Treason in TBR of all places is glorious. :rofl:
The planet Trae is an ancient land with a sordid history of globalization, war, kings, and gods. We currently boast 8 Billion in total population with a fair government under checks and balances and a separation of powers.

The current year is 2,017 Post-Omega

Drakezia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drakezia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:48 am

Solorni wrote:What exactly is the incentive to working with DoS players?

As someone who almost worked with Frak, I can say this:

When I crashed the forum he came to me and offered to help me run a region, making a script for me and update tool, as well as stamps. I felt so rock bottom that I almost accepted.
If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
-Frederick Douglass

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:15 am

DoS players are virtually unlimited once they are deleted permanently. Nothing they do can get them in trouble. They no longer are bound by limits. Already they have the ultimate punishment, and what one might refuse from an active player may not seem so bad from a DoS player whose evidence is questioned by the moderators due to past forgery. IP-grabbing images are probably only the beginning of what may be produced for an advantage.

We had a case of someone who thought his reputation would be enough to nullify anything produced by Frak. That turned out marvelously for him.

Apparently Halcones believed Frak could be tamed and controlled by the right person. They think that if they can just keep on his good side, that their involvement with someone whose technical abilities surpass their own may go undiscovered. Surely all they have to do to escape retribution is keep on the good side of the DoS involved. It seems so simple, doesn't it.

There are many attractions, and from the looks of it, more people have been susceptible than had originally been estimated.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 am

Tigeria wrote:HA! Treason in TBR of all places is glorious. :rofl:

I don't appreciate the bully-like tone of your post. :blush:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:52 am

General Halcones wrote:I did not collude with Frak. Feuer was banned for working with him, against our wishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQl45ICzrDc

Furthermore, Feuer has leaked private information from The Black Riders board/chat, and lied about this activity, to my face. This is why he has been banned from The Black Riders.

Any further claims will be investigated. I urge all parties not to react with haste.

When you've been reported for working with a DOS player - including on illegal scripts, about the worse thing you can do is to then post a denial that contains a video taken by that DOS player. "I did not collude with Frak, but I'm happy to post a video on his behalf" does not tie up.

Halcones has had all of his nations *** deleted *** as punishment. The moderator team is currently considering declaring Halcones DOS and banning him from the site permanently. He is recommended to contact us immediately to explain his actions, and to also post a public apology for his rules violations, if he wants to avoid that fate.

If anyone was in any doubt as to how serious an offence it is to work with a DOS player, they should no longer be.

If you have questions, they may be asked in this thread. As always, gloating is prohibited and will result in warnings.

Shogun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogun » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:56 am

Noted.

Marshals Gest and Kknight are now Supreme Commanders of The Black Riders

- Secretary of TBR -
The publication Cyborg of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads