NATION

PASSWORD

The Rejected Times

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:13 pm

So rather than answer EW, TSP is just going to let this discussion descend into another incredibly pointless argument with Moralist Cormac 2.0?

Kringalia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Consular wrote:So rather than answer EW, TSP is just going to let this discussion descend into another incredibly pointless argument with Moralist Cormac 2.0?

TSP doesn't answer to Evil Wolf, it answers to its People. ;)
Chief Justice of the South Pacific
Delegate of the South Pacific (Apr - Dec 2014)

Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper | Commended by WASC #422

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Consular wrote:So rather than answer EW, TSP is just going to let this discussion descend into another incredibly pointless argument with Moralist Cormac 2.0?

Cormac is a flame among moths. Gameplayers miraculously return from retirement and LoA to argue with Cormac. DOS players create new puppets just to flame him. Some people willingly risk a flame warning just to get in what they consider a clever dig at him. There is no one quite like Cormac. :p
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Nautarya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nautarya » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:09 pm

What would TSP say that it hasn't already said, repeatedly?
Hail the Revolution! Hail the People's Republic!
Hail the emancipation of the Lazarene people!
Comrade Ainin
Governor of Information (Ret.), Lazarus
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Rejected Realms

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Rejected Times: Belschaft declared "Security Threat"

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:15 pm

This is TRR's newspaper. TSP is going to go about its business. We've got other things coming up to do than engage in a pointless debate that won't change anybody's opinions.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Xoriet wrote:

Cormac is a flame among moths. Gameplayers miraculously return from retirement and LoA to argue with Cormac. DOS players create new puppets just to flame him. Some people willingly risk a flame warning just to get in what they consider a clever dig at him. There is no one quite like Cormac. :p

Excuse me while I sig this. :P

BadNewsBarrett
Political Columnist

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby BadNewsBarrett » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Kringalia wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Is he free to continue the legal actions he had begun before the removal of his citizenship?

If he keeps a nation in the region, absolutely. Our Bill of Rights covers all residents, regardless of their citizenship status.

If any one thought he was going to get a trial or is "absolutely" able continue legal action, then I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:23 pm

BadNewsBarrett wrote:If any one thought he was going to get a trial or is "absolutely" able continue legal action, then I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

You know, it didn't escape my notice that a full 1/3 of the Cabinet that declared Belschaft a "security threat" are on the list of individuals having defamation charges filed against them by Belschaft. This defamation being related to the claim that Belschaft committed "criminal conspiracy to commit electoral fraud and in doing so committed treason against The Coalition of The South Pacific" a crime he has yet to be charged with, never mind found guilty of.

How ironic that 1/3 of the Cabinet who voted to strip Belschaft of his citizen in relation to "criminal conspiracy" were, at the same time, being accused of defamation by Belschaft for their claims and how very, very convenient for that 1/3 that the case now might be thrown out because Belschaft was declared a "security threat" for the very same reasons that Belschaft have claimed constitute defamation.

I imagine it would be very embarrassing and quite the scandal if Belschaft's defamation case went to trial and the defendants were found guilty. It would also cast great suspicion and doubt on the "security threat" declaration, I would have to guess.

How very amusing.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Nevermind that 2/3 of the Cabinet aren't on that list, and had only the 1/3 on the list supported removing Belschaft's citizenship, it wouldn't have happened. These details are meaningless when raiders are trying to spin a narrative.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Yeah, I mean, 1/3, or two out of a pool of six, I mean, that's hardly anyone, right? Not like those two had a significant and vital hand in removing Belschaft's citizenship and thus possibly the charges against themselves.

Oh wait, what am I thinking? They absolutely did and this is a pretty huge detail that The Rejected Times conveniently left out.

However, thanks for pointing out that I'm a raider for the 100th time, Cormac. I'm sure that detail is already know by just about everyone by now (and is in fact even in my Commend) but your attempts to somehow discredit my viewpoint as invalid based solely on this well know fact are at least sorta cute. Pointless and child-like, but cute none the less.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 am

I thought EW was a defender :o
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Solorni wrote:I thought EW was a defender :o

I mean, he's like, commended by the Security Council, and stuff. The SC wouldn't commend a raider, right?!

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Rejected Times: Belschaft declared "Security Threat"

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:44 am

Unibot is the only senior Cabinet member who was a defendant in Belschaft's now-dismissed defamation suit. Who was the other one?

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:10 am

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Unibot is the only senior Cabinet member who was a defendant in Belschaft's now-dismissed defamation suit. Who was the other one?

Maybe they forgot that Escade is no longer Del?
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 am

Why are people still talking about me? My ego loves the attention but surely there's something more interesting going on.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:37 am

Belschaft wrote:Why are people still talking about me? My ego loves the attention but surely there's something more interesting going on.

Nope, apparently not. :p
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:Unibot is the only senior Cabinet member who was a defendant in Belschaft's now-dismissed defamation suit. Who was the other one?

Kringalia.

Kringalia
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

Kringalia.

Nope.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 pm

You're still one of the five members initially charged and still one of the six members who stripped Belschaft of his citizenship, without a trial, shortly thereafter.

My point still stands.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:You're still one of the five members initially charged and still one of the six members who stripped Belschaft of his citizenship, without a trial, shortly thereafter.

My point still stands.

It really doesn't, in that your point was to accuse the Cabinet of stripping Belschaft's citizenship to avoid "one-third" of the Cabinet being charged with defamation, when in reality only one Cabinet officer was still being charged with defamation.

You can't just be wrong and insist that your point still stands. It doesn't because the premise was completely wrong. Your point stands in the same way that a drunk stands after happy hour: it can't stand up, but it insists that it can.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:It really doesn't, in that your point was to accuse the Cabinet of stripping Belschaft's citizenship to avoid "one-third" of the Cabinet being charged with defamation, when in reality only one Cabinet officer was still being charged with defamation.

And Kringalia would still look very foolish if the Defamation charges were proven. He did echo the other defendants and Belschaft claimed he only revoked the charges against specifically Kringalia because Belschaft felt Kringalia was purposefully mislead. Tricked, if you will.

All the same, Kringalia and Unibot had a massive conflict of interest. They should have left the matter to the Court, but instead chose to go around that Court system and permanently ban the citizenship and remove the rights of the man who had charged the both of them with Defamation, even if Belschaft did revoke the charges against one of them just before being punished.

I'm curious, when the topic discussing the decision to remove Belschaft's rights was started in the Cabinet did it occur before or after Belschaft dropped the charges against Kringalia? I'm willing to bet good money it was before.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:You're still one of the five members initially charged and still one of the six members who stripped Belschaft of his citizenship, without a trial, shortly thereafter.

My point still stands.

It really doesn't, in that your point was to accuse the Cabinet of stripping Belschaft's citizenship to avoid "one-third" of the Cabinet being charged with defamation, when in reality only one Cabinet officer was still being charged with defamation.

You can't just be wrong and insist that your point still stands. It doesn't because the premise was completely wrong. Your point stands in the same way that a drunk stands after happy hour: it can't stand up, but it insists that it can.

Umm, drunk people until a point can still stand and it's kinda sad to be that drunk after happy hour given that happy hours generally end prior to 8 :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Kringalia
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Quite frankly, EW, TSP is none of your business. :)

KaelThas Quilor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby KaelThas Quilor » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:44 pm

It isn't Cormac's either, but it hasn't stopped you from letting him argue your case ('letting', because I'm not saying you sent him here). I didn't see any TSPers saying TSP wasn't his business.
The Main Nation of the Player also known as Cerian Quilor. I am still Cerian the player, just with a different Main.
The Bruce wrote:I sometimes suspect that Cerian Quilor is here to harvest the tears of young, ambitious nations.

Cormac Stark wrote:my opinion of me, as usual, is the only one that matters. :p
Attorney General, Republic of Europeia
Captain in the Europeian Republican Navy
Citizen, The New Inqusition

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Kringalia wrote:Quite frankly, EW, TSP is none of your business. :)

Last time I checked TSP is a GCR and Wolf isn't banned I think.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay