NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris Fraternal Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:33 am

I like the shiny new thread with my name in the OP. I give my approval. o7
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:35 am

Solorni wrote:I think my biggest question about this, is that does everyone in NS talk in private like they are in the tv show DeadWood? :P

That is such a great show :P I'll try for Walking Dead next time: "Kooooooth" "Koooooth" "
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:39 am

Posting here purely so when i go to "view my posts" it appears... :hug:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:40 am

Rifty wrote:Posting here purely so when i go to "view my posts" it appears... :hug:

Ah, so this is, as Roleplayers call it, a 'tag'.

Of course, there is a bookmark feature you can use that shows threads you bookmarked, you can view this page through the User Control Panel. Kinda like subscriptions, but without giving you an email.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:43 am

Valrifell wrote:
Rifty wrote:Posting here purely so when i go to "view my posts" it appears... :hug:

Of course, there is a bookmark feature you can use that shows threads you bookmarked, you can view this page through the User Control Panel. Kinda like subscriptions, but without giving you an email.

Far too much effort when I can simply post :P

Not to mention the fact i'm a vocal bastard with an opinion on everything soooo i'm pretty sure since Osi is my "main" region that I'll be posting a lot here...
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 pm

Rifty wrote:Not to mention the fact i'm a vocal bastard with an opinion on everything soooo i'm pretty sure since Osi is my "main" region that I'll be posting a lot here...

You? Vocal? Nah :p

We so made the right move.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Seker
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seker » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:14 pm

[14:10] <TimAFK> omg seker
[14:10] <TimAFK> you god
[14:11] <TimAFK> (inb4 this leaks)

8)

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:16 pm

We need a deputy to file unlawful disclosure charges on his boss. :clap:
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Revall wrote:
Rifty wrote:Not to mention the fact i'm a vocal bastard with an opinion on everything soooo i'm pretty sure since Osi is my "main" region that I'll be posting a lot here...

You? Vocal? Nah :p

We so made the right move.

Damn straight!

Pro tip: if you're sick of the UCR lifestyle than bring you and your citizens WA nations to Osiris and endorse TimTim <3
Last edited by Rifty on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Rifty wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Far too much effort when I can simply post :P

Not to mention the fact i'm a vocal bastard with an opinion on everything soooo i'm pretty sure since Osi is my "main" region that I'll be posting a lot here...

Friendly reminder from the OSRS:
Euroslavia wrote:*Forum Spam: Off-topic, irrelevant and multi-posts that do not belong, such as smiley spam, meme spam, linkspam, and attempting to increase your post count.
-- Tagging is considered spam as well, since we have the "thread subscription" feature (it's in your Profile and a menu option on every thread).

-Mouse the Mod

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:42 pm

lol omg i'm on trial in osiris again

http://w11.zetaboards.com/OFO/topic/10995599/1/
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:lol omg i'm on trial in osiris again

I'm not sure what part you don't understand about that forum not being visible to the public. :P

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

I'm not sure what part you don't understand about that forum not being visible to the public. :P

Clearly, one needs to copy/paste Osiran content onto the NS forum so we all may enjoy.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

am i allowed to paraphrase?
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Better Call Saul
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Better Call Saul » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

I'm not sure what part you don't understand about the right to speak to a lawyer first. Come on buddy, you know the rules. What are you new around here or something?

Secondly, if my client and I'm not saying he did it but if he did quote from a forum that he thought was public and used to be public less than one year ago it is pretty harsh to condemn him for it. Even the most law abiding citizens gets tangled up in anal laws every so often.
Last edited by Better Call Saul on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:I'm not sure what part you don't understand about that forum not being visible to the public. :P

Clearly, one needs to copy/paste Osiran content onto the NS forum so we all may enjoy.

Yes pls.

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Jesus Lord. Go away for a nice break from drama and everything explodes while you're away. I need to stop going on vacation. The reading up is almost as bad as being here to witness it firsthand. :palm:

Leaking is so unfashionable. If anyone here claims to be innocent of saying unkind things behind closed doors, please stand up so you can receive your due share of disbelief. I am certainly not. People should be able to vent without all of NS witness, but not everyone believes that.

Never say anything behind closed doors that you wouldn't want to have to explain to the subject. Especially if you know the first thing that will come of exposure is legal action or a recall. Especially if you're in a position of power and it will cause harm to your region. Don't engage in behavior that will have to be explained to a region you have disappointed with what you felt safe saying elsewhere. Your audience may seem sympathetic at the time, but you never really know when this kind of thing will occur.

Just be nice, and keep in mind the setting in which you are saying things. This is not an isolated incident, and you can safely assume that it will not be the last.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Can we please stop making a new puppet for each off-color or just random comment to add here? Like, seriously, just say it straight, folks. Take responsibility for your words. Kthanksbye.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Better Call Saul
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Better Call Saul » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Can we please stop making a new puppet for each off-color or just random comment to add here? Like, seriously, just say it straight, folks. Take responsibility for your words. Kthanksbye.

Whoa, excuse me if my clients do not wish to be prosecuted. Take poor Durkadurkiranistan II for example, he makes one remark out of the goodness out of his heart and now the man is trying to stick it him. Durkadurkiranistan II should be sticking it to the man! Is it any wonder that my clients are now scared because they feel their rights are being trampled on?

Durkadurkiranistan IIs mother works long and hard to provide food and internet to him so that he may play NationStates. She never asks for any thanks or time off. Durkadurkiranistan IIs mother is just like all of our mothers, so you can imagine how upset she is because of Osiris sticking it to Durkadurkiranistan II because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Would you not try to save your own mother from getting upset?

Getti
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Getti » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:28 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/20/pat-martin-tight-underpants_n_6724750.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news
Politician misses vote due to tight underpants. What an interesting read...
Last edited by Getti on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I speak for the trees, and by trees, I mean raiders.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Getti wrote:Since when was there the right to counsel in Osiris? Your client must speak for himself.

Since 18 January 2014 (off-site):

(g) Citizens will have the right, during all criminal prosecutions, to be informed of the cause of the action against them, and will enjoy a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. They will have the right to represent themselves or to be represented by counsel in a speedy, impartial, and public trial. Trial may proceed notwithstanding a defendant's absence provided that due notice has been given and the defendant's absence is beyond justification.

Does anyone in Osiris actually read the laws? At least before commenting on them? :roll:
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Getti
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Getti » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Getti wrote:Since when was there the right to counsel in Osiris? Your client must speak for himself.

(g) Citizens will have the right, during all criminal prosecutions, to be informed of the cause of the action against them, and will enjoy a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. They will have the right to represent themselves or to be represented by counsel in a speedy, impartial, and public trial. Trial may proceed notwithstanding a defendant's absence provided that due notice has been given and the defendant's absence is beyond justification.

Does anyone in Osiris actually read the laws? At least before commenting on them? :roll:

Your just salty that you got banned from Osiris. :p
I speak for the trees, and by trees, I mean raiders.

Better Call Saul
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Better Call Saul » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

No they just call me :)
Getti wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:Since 18 January 2014 (off-site):

Your just salty that you got banned from Osiris. :p
S'all good man! I am more than willing to provide counsel for Cormac provided he sends me a money order to this company my friends own for tax purposes.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Getti wrote:Your just salty that you got banned from Osiris. :p

I was practically begging to get banned from Osiris so I don't know why I would be salty. :P

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Getti wrote:Your just salty that you got banned from Osiris. :p

I was practically begging to get banned from Osiris so I don't know why I would be salty. :P

Because no Cormac in Osiris makes Rifty go crazy? :'(

There's a reason to be salty cause my attention is priceless :p

EDIT: My name is not Rofty Steve Jobs...
Last edited by Rifty on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads