NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 2.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How fun is this RP?

The best, or nearly the best
22%
Among some of the much better ones
38%
Somewhere above average
16%
Pretty decent; not bad
No votes
Not so great; seen better
2%
Really not much
5%
Not at all, whatsoever
19%

Total votes : 64

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:39 am

Epraria wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Why Megiko should be angry? It's Colombia's problem, not yours.

Egypt is now German's vassal. Sort of.

Because Slavery is a big no no for the Megikaaners now. They also don't like Colombia anyway. You just added fuel to the fire.

ICly you don't know.

OOCly I don't know whether to use slavery or not. Human rights issues vs workforce.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:43 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Epraria wrote:Because Slavery is a big no no for the Megikaaners now. They also don't like Colombia anyway. You just added fuel to the fire.

ICly you don't know.

OOCly I don't know whether to use slavery or not. Human rights issues vs workforce.

Well don't. You'll literally be even more of a pariah than the MCA because at least they don't have slavery. Also don't you dare make South America into even more of a political hellhole than it already is by bringing in Portugal.

Edit: do you really think you will be able to hide slavery if you institute it? The news will come out eventually one way or another.
Last edited by Epraria on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:19 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Epraria wrote:Because Slavery is a big no no for the Megikaaners now. They also don't like Colombia anyway. You just added fuel to the fire.

ICly you don't know.

Use corvee or indentured labour, which is technically free.

EDIT: Spoken like a true Khedive.
Last edited by The Khedive on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:29 am

Actually, having abolished slavery, your workforce will increase across the board as former slaves are integrated and can join up as white-collar workers, soldiers and blue-collar work in factories etc.
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!
Also a Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.
GODDAMN IT RP CORRECTLY OR ELSE

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:44 am

Slaves contribute less to aggregate demand (and national output) than free workers in the industrial era.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:49 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Factbook came up during roughly the same period, though, and it's gotten a lot more work in a much shorter time.

I suppose waiting can't hurt, but if the speed of wiki development continues at this level, there's no way it's going to be even vaguely useful.

I'll try make one.

Danke.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:50 am

Epraria wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
ICly you don't know.

Well don't. You'll literally be even more of a pariah than the MCA because at least they don't have slavery. Also don't you dare make South America into even more of a political hellhole than it already is by bringing in Portugal.

Edit: do you really think you will be able to hide slavery if you institute it? The news will come out eventually one way or another.

Portugal is a good friend and source of military assistance.

Sasutary Island wrote:Actually, having abolished slavery, your workforce will increase across the board as former slaves are integrated and can join up as white-collar workers, soldiers and blue-collar work in factories etc.

The New Lowlands wrote:Slaves contribute less to aggregate demand (and national output) than free workers in the industrial era.

The Khedive wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
ICly you don't know.

Use corvee or indentured labour, which is technically free.

EDIT: Spoken like a true Khedive.

I haven't post anything that includes slavery.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 am

If Afghanistan falls when everyone metagames, I would like to be an African Warlord in Portuguese Mozambique.
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:00 am

Sasutary Island wrote:If Afghanistan falls when everyone metagames, I would like to be an African Warlord in Portuguese Mozambique.

Within... ehh. Why not on the border of?

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:11 am

Alleniana wrote:
Sasutary Island wrote:If Afghanistan falls when everyone metagames, I would like to be an African Warlord in Portuguese Mozambique.

Within... ehh. Why not on the border of?

BECAUSE FAK PORTUUUGAAAAAAAYYY! VIVE LE MOZABIQUE! MON AMI, UP AND AT ZIS SPANISH-WANNABEES! ZU U TINK WE WILL ALLOW UR DIRTY PORTU-GEESE FINGURS ON PURE MOZAMBIQUE SOIL OUI OUI! BETTER REBEL MOVEMENT THAN ICD's!
Last edited by Sasutary Island on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:26 am

Sasutary Island wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Within... ehh. Why not on the border of?

BECAUSE FAK PORTUUUGAAAAAAAYYY! VIVE LE MOZABIQUE! MON AMI, UP AND AT ZIS SPANISH-WANNABEES! ZU U TINK WE WILL ALLOW UR DIRTY PORTU-GEESE FINGURS ON PURE MOZAMBIQUE SOIL OUI OUI! BETTER REBEL MOVEMENT THAN ICD's!

mkay wut
It depends on the administration of the region, I suppose.

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:48 am

I'd hate to let go of the Prussian part of my history, but should it be irreconcilable, I suppose it will be a Hohenzollern Brandenburg-Saxony that united North Germany. :'(

Thoughts?
Last edited by The Khedive on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:50 am

The Khedive wrote:I'd hate to let go of the Prussian part of my history, but should it be irreconcilable, I suppose it will be a Hohenzollern Brandenburg-Saxony that united North Germany. :'(

Thoughts?

Brandenburg Margraviate master German blob

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:55 am

Alleniana wrote:
Sasutary Island wrote:BECAUSE FAK PORTUUUGAAAAAAAYYY! VIVE LE MOZABIQUE! MON AMI, UP AND AT ZIS SPANISH-WANNABEES! ZU U TINK WE WILL ALLOW UR DIRTY PORTU-GEESE FINGURS ON PURE MOZAMBIQUE SOIL OUI OUI! BETTER REBEL MOVEMENT THAN ICD's!

mkay wut
It depends on the administration of the region, I suppose.

It's mostly a bunch of plantations run through the parados (or whatever those were called). Similar to IRL. But new policy will be to assimilate and make agreements with local war lords and stuff. Time to take British policy.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 am

Pretty broad accusation m8t
I'm really tired

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:05 am

Alleniana wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Well, it's still holidays where people went to relatives. And celebrate it. Wait until after New Year.

Factbook came up during roughly the same period, though, and it's gotten a lot more work in a much shorter time.

I suppose waiting can't hurt, but if the speed of wiki development continues at this level, there's no way it's going to be even vaguely useful.

To be perfectly honest, I have no interest in writing and coding a wiki page, so I'm not going to make one and I'll rarely check it out.

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:56 am

Is Gran Colombia Spanish or Portuguese?
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavlostani » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Application

Name: The Dominion of Unified Russia, Russia, Доминион Ондной России (Dominion Odnoi Rossii), Россия (Rossiya), Russian
Symbols:

Claims: The green Russia on the map
Power: Emerging Great Power

Government Structure: Cryptarchy. The definition of a cryptarchy is a government ruled by unknown powers. The leadership of Russia is reclusive and and operates through a series of middlemen and public figures. They have a public government in power that answers to the cryptarchs. While the Premier of Russia is considered the Head of State, the cryptarchs are the heads of government and control most of Russia's proceedings, through the Premier's mouth.
Ideology/Policy: A major ideology of the cryptarchs is expansionism and extend from Kiev to Kamchatka. The government also operates on nationalism; which is displayed through a number of policies favoring ethnic Russians and a desire to liberate Russians from land outside of Russian control.
Leaders: Premier Pavel Mirov, and cryptarchs Dmitri Yatsunov, Anatoliy Chekhenov, Fyodr Shelepin, and Georgi Zakharenko.
Capital City: Moscow

Population: 80,000,000
Primary Ethnic Group: Russian
Minority Ethnic Groups: Ukrainian, Moldavian, Turkic, Turkish, Kazakh, Tatar, Caucasus, Polish, unnumbered Siberian tribes.
Description of Ethnicity: West of the Urals, Russia is primarily Russian in ethnicity; while the farthest west sees Poles and Ukrainians. Southern Russia has the highest populations of Turks, Kazakhs, and men from the Caucasus. In the Far East, one might fine Russians colonizing Siberia, Poles in labor camps, and the Siberian tribes who live mostly untouched by the government.
Language: Russian
Religion: Russian Orthodox is the primary religion and the most adhered to by the majority of the population. Sunni Islam appears in southern oblasti and the Far East is characterized by shamanism.

Foreign Relations: Russia maintains a hostile stance towards Poland and an openly expressed desire to liberate Russian people in occupied lands. However, Russia has expressed an interest in strengthening relationships with the Nestorian Empire and the Mongol Empire for strategic interests. Russia also is allied with Germany.
Military Information:
Army Size: The Russian Army is approximately 800,000 strong. Most divisions are based in Saint Petersburg or other various bases along the western front. The Far East is mostly understaffed, with a handful of bases and forces with low morale throughout the year. With prisoners in the labor camps, military infrastructure is slowly improving in Siberia. The average soldier carries a bolt action Berdan rifle, although newer divisions are beginning to replace it with the magazine loaded Mosin-Nagant.
Navy Size: Russia, being landlocked has a much smaller navy. The Russian Navy's most advanced vessels are ironclads, of which the navy has five. The rest of the navy is mostly comprised of twenty three deckers and twenty frigates. The navy is based in the Sea of Okhost.

Economic Policy: The Russian economy is protectionist, with high tariffs on raw goods leaving the country and considerably lower tariffs on manufactured goods. With the discovery of crude oil in Siberia, oil exports are believed to become a major part of the economy.
Economic Situation: The Russian economy is slowly growing. With a dearth of goods exported due to tariffs, Russian traders have had difficulty finding international markets for their goods. However, the state has funded construction of factories throughout Russia and with the number of manufactured goods on the rise, the economy has begun to improve. Now, with oil discoveries in Siberia, the cryptarchs are expecting a new surge in exports.
Infrastructure: Moscow and Saint Petersburg both have highly developed infrastructure. The rest of the nation... less so. Most smaller cities and villages are mostly left alone by the government and lack appropriate funds to build railroads or public services. Siberia is the most egregious example; it's a mostly uncolonized wilderness.
Imports & Exports: Imports: Weapons, fruit, salt, textiles
Exports: Crude oil, lumber, precious metals, grain
Currency: Ruble. 1 ruble is 100 Kopecks, and approximately 40 rubles is 1 US dollar.

History: As history diverged, Russia was in the grips of the Scythian tribes. However, come the 3rd Century, Greek colonies in Russia ascended into the Bosporus Kingdom. After a number of centuries, a new nation succeeded the Bosporus Kingdom, in what would become known as the Volodian Empire. Based out of Muscovy, the Volodian Empire grew to encompass the Neva, some territory in the Caucasus and the Urals. The first Imperator of Volodia was named Vladimir Stepanovich, who held his power with a tight grip on the Russian Orthodoxy. Vladimir's successor, Pyotr was less suited to the task of running an empire, and the Volodian Empire collapsed after three years. In its place, the boyars created the Muscovite Consortium, an oligarchy by any other name. The squabbling boyars and princes proceeded to abandon a fair amount of territory in the Caucasus as ungovernable. The Consortium came to a swift end as the Golden Horde invaded the Rus'. Within two years, all of Russia was under the domination of the Khanate. Russia entered a dark period until the 1300s, when Prince Aleksandr Romanov threw off the Mongol yoke and declared that the liberated territory was the newly formed Russian Empire.

Romanov swiftly eliminated his political enemies and constructed a military intended to ward off Mongol retaliation. His prudence paid off in 1387 when the War of Mongol Reconquest began and the Russian Empire bravely beat back the Mongol invasion and seized choice territory around the Aral Sea. Following Aleksandr's death from an assassin's crossbow, the nation mourned and Aleksandr's son, Pavel, assumed leadership of the empire. Believing that Pavel lacked the strategic brilliance of his father, the city of Kazan attempted to revolt and form their own nation far from Moscow. Unfortunately for them, Pavel was every bit as cunning and wise as his father. In the swift War of Kazanian Sovereignty, Imperial forces brutally subjugated Kazan and relocated the population to labor in Siberia, where new cities were being built. Pax Rossiya began as a series of emperors built up the empire and extended deep into the far east. In the 1500s, eastern Siberian tribes realized the threat posed by the empire and unified into the Kingdom of Dolga. The First Dolgan War began as the Russian Army marched to Yakutsk and attempted to put down the Dolgan resistance. However, the Dolgans held off the Russian Army long enough that Emperor Yuri was forced to retreat as winter set on. The following spring, the Yakutsk Campaign began in new as Yuri's forces launched their second invasion. Under King Taimyr, the Dolgans bravely fought off the Russian Army and Yuri was forced to admit defeat at the Treaty of Novosibirsk.

The Dolgan Kingdom and Russian Empire entered a time of peace for thirty years and Yuri's successor, Emperor Anatoliy, signed an official alliance with the Dolgans. The peace came to an end when King Taimyr died without an heir. The Dolgans attempted to name Edzhan the new ruler, but Emperor Andrey in Russia did not recognize the new leadership and entered into the War of the Dolgan Succession. With a different strategy than Yuri, Andrey cut off the Dolgan Kingdom from any outside support and sent soldiers in only to destroy supplies, slaughter animals and burn crops. Within a year, the Dolgans surrendered, having lost almost sixty percent of their population. At the Treaty of Yakutsk, the Dolgans officially entered as a ten year protectorate of the Russian Empire and were promised status as a new province of the empire once the ten years were up. The task of rebuilding Dolgan territory was daunting, Andrey's troops had devastated most of the Dolgan infrastructure and shattered their means of production. By the time the Dolgans officially entered the empire, they were still producing less than 20% of their original crop output. Rebuilding Dolgan territory had cost the Russian military and treasury enough that when Poland seized a number of western provinces, Russia was powerless to stop them.

In the 1800s, a series of weak and foolish emperors sank the empire into stagnation and economic depression. The military was understaffed and underfunded and Russian trade output was a laughingstock in Europe. Many citizens longingly waited for an invasion for a new regime to take place. The new regime, however, came not from an invasion but from the Kremlin. In 1850, Moscow rose up against the Saint Petersburg government, naming itself as the Russian Dominion. The Dominion's named Boris Narmonov their first Premier, but Narmonov answered to a small cabal of cryptarchs that invested their power in him. The Dominion and Imperial armies clashed at the Battle of Neva where against all odds, the Russian Dominion's army smashed that of the Russian Empire, and scattered it across Russia. With the Dominion army closing on Saint Petersburg, Emperor Vitaliy surrendered his power and was publicly executed. The Russian Empire which had stood for hundreds of years sank into history's murks as the Russian Dominion took power. The first actions of the new order were to modernize the military and deport thousands of non-Russians to Siberia where they labored in building infrastructure and fortifications. The land between Moscow and the Urals was rapidly reformed from villages to farming settlements. Grain became a primary export, until explorers in Siberia discovered gold and oil. The oil was dismissed at first, until Russia learned of the rise of industry and new mechanized devices such as horseless carriages and ironclad vessels. Russia instantly diverted laborers in Siberia to extract the oil by any means. The discoveries of the industrializing west also convinced Russia to build factories and mechanize. Saint Petersburg became characterized with smokestacks and rapid urbanization. As the RP begins, Russia is looking optimistically at its future in the world.
Miscellaneous:
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=313590
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:06 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:Is Gran Colombia Spanish or Portuguese?

It's Portuguese.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Portuguese. There is no spanish, only Portuguese or Catalonian.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Epraria wrote:

It's Portuguese.

Bujahla wrote:

Portuguese. There is no spanish, only Portuguese or Catalonian.

Alright. Thanks!
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Anything important since like... Christmas?
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Caltarania wrote:Anything important since like... Christmas?

We got a Russia.
Myansaland wrote:

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Epraria wrote:
Caltarania wrote:Anything important since like... Christmas?

We got a Russia.

Anything else?

EDIT: Also, sorry for inactivity. The Egypt stuff went a bit sour out of the OOC, and it kinda put me off for a while.
Last edited by Caltarania on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Caltarania wrote:
Epraria wrote:We got a Russia.

Anything else?

Well I don't know when was the last time you looked here but Mongolia is about to have a revolt. New France and Megiko have invaded California and Egypt is in a civil war and made itself into a German protectorate or dominion.
Myansaland wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse