NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 2.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How fun is this RP?

The best, or nearly the best
22%
Among some of the much better ones
38%
Somewhere above average
16%
Pretty decent; not bad
No votes
Not so great; seen better
2%
Really not much
5%
Not at all, whatsoever
19%

Total votes : 64

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:47 am

The Nation of Hay wrote:
Sasutary Island wrote:The Curse of the Pyramid Mummies

Curse the of Pyramid the Mummies.

Did I do it right?

No. Think about all the sequels if we named it,

"Undead Mummies of Ancient Egypt take on Invaders in epic Micheal-Bay-esque Battle where 99% of the Invaders die and their Private Parts get cut off, but then the Government of Egypt is toppled by the Mummies who then call on the Mayan gods to rain hell on the earth before the Chinese Dragon Emperor steps in and kills all the Mummies Single Handedly; The Trilogy of Afghanistan"

Sounds good eh?

or

"Battlefield Bad Mummies 2"
Last edited by Sasutary Island on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!
Also a Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.
GODDAMN IT RP CORRECTLY OR ELSE

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:48 am

The Nation of Hay wrote:
Sasutary Island wrote:The Curse of the Pyramid Mummies

Curse the of Pyramid the Mummies.

Did I do it right?

pyramid triangle point up like 3 eye see everyone stonemason make pyramid freemason conspiracy

illuminati prov'd

The Nation of Hay
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Hay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:51 am

Alleniana wrote:pyramid triangle point up like 3 eye see everyone stonemason make pyramid freemason conspiracy

illuminati prov'd

Yes.

Sasutary Island wrote:No. Think about all the sequels if we named it,

"Undead Mummies of Ancient Egypt take on Invaders in epic Micheal-Bay-esque Battle where 99% of the Invaders die and their Private Parts get cut off, but then the Government of Egypt is toppled by the Mummies who then call on the Mayan gods to rain hell on the earth before the Chinese Dragon Emperor steps in and kills all the Mummies Single Handedly; The Trilogy of Afghanistan"

Sounds good eh?

Yes.
sig rework in progress

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:59 am

guys
wiki ploss
I'll try and get wiki pages up for all NPCs, but it would be good if you guys could do your own nation pages. It's so much easier to work things out when info is laid out clearly as on there.

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:03 am

Alleniana wrote:guys
wiki ploss
I'll try and get wiki pages up for all NPCs, but it would be good if you guys could do your own nation pages. It's so much easier to work things out when info is laid out clearly as on there.

Wiki Mummies Return.
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:04 am

Sasutary Island wrote:
Alleniana wrote:guys
wiki ploss

Wiki Mummies Return.

okurwina
gooooodnight everibodies

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:05 am

Alleniana wrote:
Sasutary Island wrote:Wiki Mummies Return.

okurwina
gooooodnight everibodies

k, hoping 4 randum event where everyone dies k thx bai.

or the allen mummies will get you

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:04 am

What should I add to the wiki?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:09 am

Alleniana wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:What should I add to the wiki?

Check the Making a Nation Page page.

I'm checking in it.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:55 am

If you'd like to request the creation of a nation page, just tell me and I'll see if I can do it in my spare time. Please only do this if you don't have the info or time yourself, though.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:29 am

Alleniana wrote:If you'd like to request the creation of a nation page, just tell me and I'll see if I can do it in my spare time. Please only do this if you don't have the info or time yourself, though.

Well I don't have capacity of doing a wiki page right now so help would be appreciated. :)
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:42 am

Epraria wrote:
Alleniana wrote:If you'd like to request the creation of a nation page, just tell me and I'll see if I can do it in my spare time. Please only do this if you don't have the info or time yourself, though.

Well I don't have capacity of doing a wiki page right now so help would be appreciated. :)

Me too please :)
A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:48 am

aiya
2 posts in from my offer and we've got 2 takers
:P
I'll see what I can do. I do warn you that if the volume of pages to do gets too large, stuff may get pretty inaccurate though.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:56 am

Alleniana wrote:aiya
I'll see what I can do. I do warn you that if the volume of pages to do gets too large, stuff may get pretty inaccurate though.

Eh take your time.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:56 am

Epraria wrote:

Eh take your time.

time is preciose

The Khedive
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:03 am

Just copy the OTL Wikipedia page on Prussia for now. In that case nevermind. I'll do it tonight.

Could I convince you to either a. Retroactively include Bavaria and the Badens into my nation or b. Keeping each little Germany independent? Looking through the histories of other nations, most notably Bohemia (I shouldn't have to edit my history as he applied after me, and thus contradicts my established history rather than the other way round), I have come to the conclusion that these are the only options that make sense.
Last edited by The Khedive on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:08 am

The Khedive wrote:

Just copy the OTL Wikipedia page on Prussia for now. In that case nevermind. I'll do it tonight.

Could I convince you to either a. Retroactively include Bavaria and the Badens into my nation or b. Keeping each little Germany independent? Looking through the histories of other nations, most notably Bohemia (I shouldn't have to edit my history as he applied after me, and thus contradicts my established history rather than the other way round), I have come to the conclusion that these are the only options that make sense.

Would including Baden-Wurttttttttttemburg but leaving Bavaria aside be fine?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:19 am

If I need for help, I'll ask you Allen :)
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:20 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

No prob.
On that note, goodnight all.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:25 am

Alleniana wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

No prob.
On that note, goodnight all.

G'night
Myansaland wrote:

The Khedive
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:40 am

Alleniana wrote:
The Khedive wrote:

Would including Baden-Wurttttttttttemburg but leaving Bavaria aside be fine?

Not really, no. Besides ugly borders, it would not be historically possible.

Auchterland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auchterland » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:29 am

Alleniana wrote:Few things; no colonies, minor power, more detail on language, navy and currency. Oh, and you're Dwartzur? Hello! :D

Yes, it's a-me! :D
Is it better now?

Auchterland wrote:
Application

Name: The Kingdom of Tuscany-Lombardy
Symbols: The flag depicting the Florence Lily, the Marzocco and the Biscione.
Claims: That piece of northern Italy.
Power: Minor.

Government Structure: The kingdom is a federal constitutional monarchy, divided into three provinces: Tuscany, Emilia, and Lombardy. Men with 21/+ years of age may vote to elect representants for the national legislative body, which is divided into the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate, and for regional assemblies and governors. Executive power, on a national level, is held by the king, who is advised by a prime minister elected by the Senate.
Ideology/Policy: Monarchism, federalism, nationalism, economic protecionism, imperialism, welfare state, religious tolerance.
Leaders: Lorenzo III de' Medici.
Capital City: Florence.

Population: 6,907,800.
Primary Ethnic Group: Tuscan-Lombard.
Minority Ethnic Groups: Other italian groups, south german, french, spanish.
Description of Ethnicity: Name given to the aglomeration of peoples native to the territories that compose the Kingdom of Tuscany-Lombardy. They are very diverse in their opinions, and trying to fit them all in one description would be impossible. In general, they are proud of their culture, seeing how it has influenced many others, and many look back to the days in which Florence was a greater power in the Mediterranean, wishing for their return.
Language: The fiorentino dialect of the tuscan language, which was dissiminated through trade and the works of tuscan writers of great renown, such as Dante Alighieri and Niccolò Machiavelli, was established as the official language of the Kingdom of Tuscany-Lombardy when the kingdom was founded.
Religion: Roman catholic majority, with small pockets of jews and protestants. The government is secular and attempts to mediate tensions between the different religious groups in order to maintain national unity.

Foreign Relations: The kingdom attempts to maintain good relations with its neighbours, as it sees the presence of strong allies necessary in order to survive in the middle of greater european powers. It mostly keeps neutral in conflicts, since a wrong move in the game of politics might mean its extinction.
Military Information: The tuscan-lombard army may be small in comparison to others, especially with its volunteering system, though it may grow in times of war through the conscription method. Since the Napolean Wars, the kings of Tuscany-Lombardy have given the military extra attention, investing in its instruction, better equipments and the creation of new forts. They attempt to compensate for their small size through mobility and use of the artillery, and of diplomacy in order to earn strong allies to back them up. The tuscan-lombard navy receives special care, as they are in charge of protecting their maritime trade routes.
Army Size: 86,350.
Navy Size: 40 frigates, 30 corvettes, 25 torpedo boats, 12 cruisers, 9 monitors and 4 battleships.

Economic Policy: The government focuses on stimulating the national industry, giving preference to national products, raising the tariffs for importing certain manufactured products and lowering them for importing machinery and necessary raw materials such as coal, and granting a few subsidies. It has also sought to explore new resources and establish trade with the natives in Africa and Asia, seeking new markets for their goods.
Economic Situation: After having faced problems in the beginning of the 19th century with the Napolean Wars, and having been left behind by other european powers in the run for industrialization and the scramble for colonies, the tuscan-lombards attempt to recover the former prosperity of their economy, having met reasonable success in their industrialization and rebuilding of commercial networks. It can be seen as an emergent economy.
Infrastructure: Railroads connect the major cities such as Livorno, Florence, Parma, Modena and Milan with each other, and with the major cities of neighbouring nations. Paved roads connect most other cities.
Imports & Exports: The Kingdom of Tuscany-Lombardy imports mainly machinery, manufactured products it can't produce on its own yet, weaponry, coal, precious metals, sugar, coffee, tea, cocoa, spices and tobacco. It exports cloth and textiles, cosmetics and perfumes, copper, iron/steel, salt, art, cereals, chocolate and other foodstuff.
Currency: The tuscan florin was established as the official currency of the kingdom after its re-establishment following the end of the Napolean Wars.

History: In the decade of 1530, as Milan and Genoa turned their attentions to the war against Switzerland, the Dukes of Florence took the opportunity to seize genoan commercial routes, establishing Livorno as a great portuary city, making the Duchy rise in importance in the Mediterranean. It was during this golden age that the Duchy of Florence was renamed the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. In 1587, Franceso I de' Medici unmasked a conspiration to poison him and his wife by his brother Ferdinando, imprisoning him. Francesco's child, Philip, would survive to succeed him, ensuring the survival of the Medici dynasty. The wealth accumulated by the House of Medici during this time was invested in varied sectors, including the military.

Soon, Francesco would set his eyes on the smaller territories around Tuscany, and the war against the Duchy of Modena and Reggio began in 1602, ending with the Siege of Modena, in which the House of Este was subjugated and put into service of the House of Medici. In 1630, a plague hit their territories, taking a high toll on the population, despite the government's efforts to contain it. After a period of recovery, the Medici would turn their attention towards their expansion once more. In 1658, the Medici engaged in a war against Milan. Slowly, they made progress, and in 1664, the Medici and the Sforza signed the Treaty of Florence, in which the two houses merged through marriage, thus handing over the control over Milan to the former. In the early 18th century, the Medici consolidated their rule over their new acquisitions, founding the Kingdom of Tuscany-Lombardy, reorganizing the administration over the lands and suppressing small revolts.

In the late 18th century, though, the French Revolution inspired workers to perform strikes and riots, demanding a series of rights, in a movement that became known as the Richiesta. Soon after, Napoleon's advance over northern Italy crushed the weakened kingdom's defenses, forcing the Medici into exile in their villas. The kingdom would later be re-established in 1815 with the Congress of Vienna. In 1816, the government saw the need to attend to the some of the workers' demands in order to prevent events like those promoted by the Richiesta from happening again. Thus, the Constitution of 1816 was written, reforming the government, separating it into three powers, granting some privileges to the working class, abolishing conservative practices such as slavery and physical punishment, etc

Now, though, the kingdom had to focus on the recovery of its economy, as other european nations had left it behind. Soon, the government started to adopt protecionist measures regarding its economy. Expeditions have headed towards Africa and Asia, trying to establish some trade with the natives to help fuel the growing tuscan-lombard industry. This way, the tuscan-lombard people hope to regain the glory from their past.

Miscellaneous: Florence stronk.
RP Example: Some of you know me as Dwartzur.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:38 am

What is Yemen's strength?
I'm really tired

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:42 am

I will make post today (finally) concerning Egypt.

EDIT: Will do second post where the CC asks to lead the charge on the nile due to having multiple military bases in Morocco and experience in desert terrain.
Last edited by Bujahla on Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse