NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 2.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How fun is this RP?

The best, or nearly the best
22%
Among some of the much better ones
38%
Somewhere above average
16%
Pretty decent; not bad
No votes
Not so great; seen better
2%
Really not much
5%
Not at all, whatsoever
19%

Total votes : 64

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Paketo wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:The Bolded more or less skewers the concept for the nation. If Mongols did what they did IRL, then Nestoria is unfeasible. I'm afraid I will have withdraw the application.

Not totally as he says that the Mongol successor states formed and nothing else. They don't have to have conquered as far as they did in the ME and you could add conflicts with timur and his successors

The Mongol successor states that were established on Genghis and Ogodei's empire? The Ilkhanate, the Golden Horde, and the Chagatai Khanate?

I assumed that I didn't even have to say that the Mongol conquests went as IRL. My POD is Jingim I's survival, and had the Mongol conquests failed (like they have in practically all the Middle East people's apps), then a lot of my history would have to change.

Sorry to be so grumpy. I was just at rowing and I'm so tired my arms are literally shaking as I type.
Last edited by Senkaku on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Greater Mobile
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Capitalizt

Postby Greater Mobile » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:28 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Alleniana wrote:no kurwa we still missing GPs

jesus...Is it really necessary?

How are we supposed to start with all of the holes left by GP's?
This post made possible by a public-private partnership with the Greater Mobile Coalition of Big BusinessTM. GMCBB: It’s our Republic, you’re just living in it!

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:28 pm

Sasutary Island wrote:awww but I wanna asymmetrical-warfare Britain to its knees :c

I can help with some human wave attacks. 8)

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Not totally as he says that the Mongol successor states formed and nothing else. They don't have to have conquered as far as they did in the ME and you could add conflicts with timur and his successors

The Mongol successor states that were established on Genghis and Ogodei's empire? The Ilkhanate, the Golden Horde, and the Chagatai Khanate?

I assumed that I didn't even have to say that the Mongol conquests went as IRL. My POD is Jingim I's survival, and had the Mongol conquests failed (like they have in practically all the Middle East people's apps), then a lot of my history would have to change.

Sorry to be so grumpy. I was just at rowing and I'm so tired my arms are literally shaking as I type.

I am not really sure why it would affect you. The two states did exist that did not agree to come under you but eventually fell apart and were conquered. Isn't that in line with your history?
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Senkaku wrote:"The Ryukyuan Agency for Ryuko-Japanese security was formed in 1874 by order of the Council - in strict violation of a law that dictated that only the citizenry could order such a move. It's mission is to assist any Japanese or Ryukyuan Natives or Diaspora who wishes to help retake Japan from the Mongols."

Okay, I'm going to go on a little bit of a rant now.

This is just silly. First of all, the Mongols have been decent neighbors to the Ryukyuans for over six centuries, and have dominated Japan for that period. Japan is far less culturally distinct from the mainland and much more integrated, and Mongol Japan has been basically accepted fact for centuries. The rebellions in Japan weren't Japanese nationalism, they were just rebellions. Additionally, the Japanese diaspora was also six centuries ago. And why would Ryukyu risk pissing off the Mongols, who have mostly been nice to them, traded with them, not invaded them, and who still maintain an enormous navy and army Ryukyu cannot hope to defeat and that could easily cross from Japan or Eastern China? Six centuries. Mongol Japan has been the status quo for six centuries. That's a Long Fucking Time™.
This whole "Japanese independence/nationalism" thing is silly and has gone too far. Japan has been Mongol territory for six centuries, and even during the interregnum between Yuan and Zheng was dominated by Mongol princes. I realize I planted the seed in everyone's head by saying that Japan had recently put down a big rebellion, but that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was simply that there was a big rebellion, as there frequently are in disintegrating empires. This silliness is somewhat more understandable among the Great Powers like Portugal and Britain, because with them it's just an excuse for naked imperialism. But Ryukyu?

Please. Can we at least attempt a small measure of realism? :eyebrow:

I don't get what you mean. That's what he's supporting? There are frequently rebellions in disintegrating empires, and there are frequently foreign countries that will support them. Ryukyu is rightfully fearful of the Mongols, and the part they'd start by trying to push away from them would be Japan. It doesn't say anything about how successful movements are, nor how distinct Japan is from the mainland. It simply means that Ryukyu doesn't want a Mongol Japan, which is reasonable enough, no?

Paketo wrote:

@Fortytwoania, still more detail. Particularly government, ideology/policy, ethnicity, economic policy, economic situation. You might also want to synchronise your history with Paketo, if you haven't already. No other issues though.

We are pretty much synced, he did a great job keeping the histories consistent

I'd prefer if both of you could move the Ottoman (or whatever state it was) fall to a later point in history, but in that case, that's good.
Kryskov wrote:

jesus...Is it really necessary?

It's been 4 days since the RP came into existence, and less time since you were accepted. NI has been awaited for weeks, surely you can wait a couple of days more? :p

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:32 pm

Senkaku wrote:"The Ryukyuan Agency for Ryuko-Japanese security was formed in 1874 by order of the Council - in strict violation of a law that dictated that only the citizenry could order such a move. It's mission is to assist any Japanese or Ryukyuan Natives or Diaspora who wishes to help retake Japan from the Mongols."

This is just silly. First of all, the Mongols have been decent neighbors to the Ryukyuans for over six centuries, and have dominated Japan for that period. Japan is far less culturally distinct from the mainland and much more integrated, and Mongol Japan has been basically accepted fact for centuries. The rebellions in Japan weren't Japanese nationalism, they were just rebellions. Additionally, the Japanese diaspora was also six centuries ago. And why would Ryukyu risk pissing off the Mongols, who have mostly been nice to them, traded with them, not invaded them, and who still maintain an enormous navy and army Ryukyu cannot hope to defeat and that could easily cross from Japan or Eastern China? Six centuries. Mongol Japan has been the status quo for six centuries. That's a Long Fucking Time™.
This whole "Japanese independence/nationalism" thing is silly and has gone too far. Japan has been Mongol territory for six centuries, and even during the interregnum between Yuan and Zheng was dominated by Mongol princes. I realize I planted the seed in everyone's head by saying that Japan had recently put down a big rebellion, but that wasn't what I meant. What I meant was simply that there was a big rebellion, as there frequently are in disintegrating empires. This silliness is somewhat more understandable among the Great Powers like Portugal and Britain, because with them it's just an excuse for naked imperialism. But Ryukyu?

*Cough*

Ryukyu isn't planning on marching in, never was, never had.

It's helping by undermining you, not publicly and in amounts that would take a few years to cause you to decide Japan isn't worth it. There's a reason it was formed illegally.

Greater Mobile
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Greater Mobile » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Al, I have two questions:

1.) Would the gold rush in Alaska start by random event?
2.) When the gold rush happened IRL, Alaska's population jumped by by 98% - how much would my population rise when it happens in the RP?
This post made possible by a public-private partnership with the Greater Mobile Coalition of Big BusinessTM. GMCBB: It’s our Republic, you’re just living in it!

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Paketo wrote:
We are pretty much synced, he did a great job keeping the histories consistent

I'd prefer if both of you could move the Ottoman (or whatever state it was) fall to a later point in history, but in that case, that's good.

I have ottomans surviving till around 1600's in my app which is the only out of sync thing. I was going to discuss a date of their fall with him when he got back on
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Greater Mobile wrote:Al, I have two questions:

2.) When the gold rush happened IRL, Alaska's population jumped by by 98% - how much would my population rise when it happens in the RP?

1) Yes
2) Depends on how you manage it ;)
Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I'd prefer if both of you could move the Ottoman (or whatever state it was) fall to a later point in history, but in that case, that's good.

I have ottomans surviving till around 1600's in my app which is the only out of sync thing. I was going to discuss a date of their fall with him when he got back on

late 1600s would be good

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Alleniana wrote:

1) Yes

Charcas Gold Rush best gold rush :,)

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Alleniana wrote:

1) Yes
Paketo wrote:

late 1600s would be good

How about 1670's? from his app, he was planning on my failed conquest of Constantinople to be against me in 1712 and we probably need around 20 years for him to get good control of his territory at least
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
Alleniana wrote:1) Yes

Charcas Gold Rush best gold rush :,)

:lol2:
Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:1) Yes

late 1600s would be good

How about 1670's? from his app, he was planning on my failed conquest of Constantinople to be against me in 1712 and we probably need around 20 years for him to get good control of his territory at least

Works for me.

Greater Mobile
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Greater Mobile » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Alleniana wrote:

1) Yes

I think it'd be more in line with my nations ideology to give first preference to Russian migrants, so I don't think it'd be as drastic. We'll see how my relations are when it happens though :p

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Paketo wrote:
Senkaku wrote:...

I am not really sure why it would affect you. The two states did exist that did not agree to come under you but eventually fell apart and were conquered. Isn't that in line with your history?

If those conquests had failed, it could have led to Ogodei or Genghis's early deaths, the early collapse of the empire because of infighting spurred by the defeats, the death of Tolui or Kublai (and thus the stillbirth of Yuan), it could have meant Kublai was more focused on SE Asia than Central Asia, it might mean the Toluid Civil War didn't happen, it could have meant the empire stayed fully unified with less distance from the capital to the westernmost lands, it would almost certainly mean Kublai and Jingim would face far less opposition from, say, Kaidu, in their quest to unify the Yuan with the Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde... I could go on. Also, would you be okay if I went and radically changed your pre-POD history for the sake of my own? I don't think si.

My history is the same until my POD. That means the Mongol conquests were the same. Can we please not argue over this? Because I can make a comprehensive list of all the ways that limiting Genghis's conquests would change my history if you like, but I'm about to have dinner, I'm in a very bad mood, and I will be royally pissed off if I actually need to make a long-ass list to convince you I'm right about this. >:(

Like I said, I'm kinda grumpy right now.

The Emerald Dragon wrote:

*Cough*

Ryukyu isn't planning on marching in, never was, never had.

It's helping by undermining you, not publicly and in amounts that would take a few years to cause you to decide Japan isn't worth it. There's a reason it was formed illegally.

But its effectiveness will be minimal, it will be very risky (if the Mongols find out they will destroy the Ryukyuan people and reduce the islands to smoldering desert), and there's simply no one who would be all that interested in supporting it, at least who can ever get to the Ryukyus. Finally, Mongol authorities are already on high alert, especially in Japan, for exactly this sort of thing. Japan is the place where such an attempt to fuel a rebellion would be most likely to fail.

Alleniana wrote:

I don't get what you mean. That's what he's supporting? There are frequently rebellions in disintegrating empires, and there are frequently foreign countries that will support them. Ryukyu is rightfully fearful of the Mongols, and the part they'd start by trying to push away from them would be Japan. It doesn't say anything about how successful movements are, nor how distinct Japan is from the mainland. It simply means that Ryukyu doesn't want a Mongol Japan, which is reasonable enough, no?

My point is Ryukyu doesn't really have any reason to fear Mongolia. The empire is weak, it hasn't bothered them for six bloody centuries, and it's traded with them and been nice to them. No reason for fear there.
And on the subject of not wanting a Mongol Japan, there is no real alternative. Mongols have controlled Japan for six centuries. Unless they want white devils at the helm of the nation (who will either already have or proceed to eat Ryukyu), then their only real option is to have a Japan controlled by Mongols in some form. The ethnic-Mongol elite have controlled the country since Kublai's invasions six centuries ago and have already ridden out one dynastic collapse of the mainland. They can take another. And there has literally been no other Japan throughout the history of the Ryukyuan state.

Given how well the Mongols have treated them, I'd say better the devil you know...
Last edited by Senkaku on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Gtg I'm having dinner. We can talk about this later.

Fooooooooooooood.... :) :hug: :)

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Senkaku wrote:My point is Ryukyu doesn't really have any reason to fear Mongolia. The empire is weak, it hasn't bothered them for six bloody centuries, and it's traded with them and been nice to them. No reason for fear there.
And on the subject of not wanting a Mongol Japan, there is no real alternative. Mongols have controlled Japan for six centuries. Unless they want white devils at the helm of the nation (who will either already have or proceed to eat Ryukyu), then their only real option is to have a Japan controlled by Mongols in some form. The ethnic-Mongol elite have controlled the country since Kublai's invasions six centuries ago and have already ridden out one dynastic collapse of the mainland. They can take another. And there has literally been no other Japan throughout the history of the Ryukyuan state.

Given how well the Mongols have treated them, I'd say better the devil you know...

Their foreign policy is theirs. If you discover it, you go ahead and invade them. But in the meantime, they're allowed to do it; it's within the bounds of realism. Much stupider, stranger things have happened.

And ethnic Mongol elite? Considering that the idea of a landed elite did not exist in Mongol societies, I find it hard to believe one exists in Japan.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Alleniana wrote:It's been 4 days since the RP came into existence, and less time since you were accepted. NI has been awaited for weeks, surely you can wait a couple of days more? :p

no

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:01 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Alleniana wrote:It's been 4 days since the RP came into existence, and less time since you were accepted. NI has been awaited for weeks, surely you can wait a couple of days more? :p

no

seconded
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Paketo wrote:
seconded

offor kurwa

wat is kurwa?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Greater Mobile
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalizt

Postby Greater Mobile » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Paketo wrote:
Kryskov wrote:no

seconded

I don'y think we are capable of starting with such big holes, though.

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:03 pm

A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Application

Name: The United Kingdom of Bulgaria
Symbols: Flag, Coat of Arms
Claims: Modern day Bulgaria and Romania with Bessarabia
Power: Secondary Power

Government Structure: Bulgaria is a Constitutional Monarchy and has a Parliament, split into two parts, the Royal Congress, which is the upper house, and the House of Assemblymen, the lower house.
Ideology/Policy: Mostly libertarian but there is a sizable conservative element in the government. With all of the UK's aims in Europe mostly fulfilled in Europe by now, the government occasionally ponders expanding influence and territory beyond the continent. Education is held to a very high standard in Bulgaria with many universities and colleges across the nation emphasizing a good education for everybody.
Leaders: King Alexander I, Prime Minister Dragan Kolarov
Capital City: Sofia

Population: 13,587,900
Primary Ethnic Group: Bulgarians
Minority Ethnic Groups: Hungarians, Greeks
Description of Ethnicity: The Bulgarian people are a South Slavic ethnic group who speak Bulgarian and are native to Bulgaria and other territories in the United Kingdom. Most follow the Orthodox religion but there is a minority that follows the different types of Christianity.
Language: Bulgarian is spoken by nearly everybody in the United Kingdom except specific minorities or immigrants. As the Romanian language does not exist and Romanian culture has been assimilated into Bulgarian culture, Romania is Bulgarian.
Religion: The religion of most people who live in Bulgaria is Eastern Orthodox. Protestantism and Catholicism are the two other prominent religions, albeit significantly less. Even though this religiousness is present in Bulgaria, the government takes a secular stance on religion and accepts all religions in the country.

Foreign Relations: Typically Bulgaria has had the Dual Kingdom as an ally but due to their proximity to their territory proper has usually been instead with the Hussites.
Military Information: The overwhelming numerical superiority of rivaling states in Europe has forced the Bulgarian military to seek a tradition of excellence and extensive use of new military weaponry such as Gatling weaponry. Foreign designs are almost exclusively used in the military such as the Vetterli rifle. Also due to their disadvantage in naval combat, research is being put into unusual weaponry such as the submarine. Torpedos are equipped on all existing naval combat ships. A lack of industry to build ships for combat has resulted in the navy instead seeking a role supporting the land forces with a sizable transport ship fleet to project troop deploying ability across the world and a more unorthodox combat style.
Army Size: 130,000 both active and reserve (can be expanded during wartime), 50,000 active, 80,000 reserve
Navy Size: 14 Frigates (going to be phased out in favor of Destroyers), 10 Cruisers, 4 Monitors, 8 Torpedo boats, and 4 infantry transport craft

Economic Policy: The government doesn't generally take direct involvement in economics and takes a capitalist approach to the economy. This has usually worked since the 18th century, only encountering mass labor strikes in the mid-19th century.
Economic Situation: Industry is adequate considering the nation's quick industrialization in the 1820s. The major sectors of industry are military equipment, machinery, and agricultural products. Laws giving more freedom and greater wages for labor workers were passed in the 1850s, greatly appeasing the labor unions.
Infrastructure: Infrastructure is quite good, considering Bulgaria's relatively moderate size. Large railway networks and roads are present, making travel easy and shipping efficient. Ports are of okay condition and receive moderate shipping traffic from the Black Sea.
Imports & Exports:
Imports: Raw materials, cotton, coffee
Exports: Military weaponry, textiles, metal, foodstuffs
Currency: The Bulgarian Lev
History: In 683, the First Bulgarian Empire managed to conquer all of present-day Bulgaria from the Byzantine Empire and was forced to sign a treaty solidifying their borders after a bloody war that began soon after the Bulgars and Slavs' independence. Now not facing a dangerous enemy to the south, the Bulgar state looked northward for expansion, quickly taking the regions of Romania from the locals. Continually expanding northwards all the way to Bessarabia, they stopped as the Byzantines declared war on them again in 687. Bulgarian forces were engaged in a back-and-forth war with one side looking like it would win but the other side rebounding and turning the tide.

Finally Bulgaria won the war in 689, ensuring no further attacks from the south for a large period of time. Content with the territories they had at the time, a period of peace began that lasted for many years began. Unfortunately attacks from the Ottoman Empire some time later ended this period and the United Kingdom was forced to engage the Ottomans in a bloody war that almost resulted in Bulgaria being overrun by Ottoman forces. But, as always, the Bulgarian army rebounded and pushed them back. The series of wars that resulted between the Bulgarians and Ottomans had short ceasefires in between them, but for 200 years, war continued. After the Ottomans collapsed, the actual period of peace began and continues to this day.
Miscellaneous: Bulgarian uniform is best uniform
RP Example: You know me.
Last edited by Marsisian on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 pm

The Khedive wrote:Claims good?

Why is there so much purple?

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
The Khedive wrote:Claims good?

Why is there so much purple?

Those are reserved nations.
A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse