NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 2.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How fun is this RP?

The best, or nearly the best
22%
Among some of the much better ones
38%
Somewhere above average
16%
Pretty decent; not bad
No votes
Not so great; seen better
2%
Really not much
5%
Not at all, whatsoever
19%

Total votes : 64

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:18 am

Alleniana wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Would the French/British players mind if I posted that they, at least financially, supported the CSA through the Civil War?

Not sure if there'd be a civil war; ask Columbia about Pallasia. BTW, you know New France right?

Pallasia? What do you want with it?

Yes, I'm Gran Colombia.

Alleniana wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Doesn't make much sense? Why?

How did the Amerindians manage to take over? Without colonisation, it wouldn't be a modern nation, but with colonisation, most of them would die and be replace by immigrant Europeans.
@Altito, more government detail, as well as in some other fields if possible, and I think it might be Minor Power.

Other fields? Such as? Although I think I already detailed it very much. I'll expand it with the government one.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Not sure if there'd be a civil war; ask Columbia about Pallasia. BTW, you know New France right?

Yes, I'm Gran Colombia.

Alleniana wrote:How did the Amerindians manage to take over? Without colonisation, it wouldn't be a modern nation, but with colonisation, most of them would die and be replace by immigrant Europeans.
@Altito, more government detail, as well as in some other fields if possible, and I think it might be Minor Power.

Other fields? Such as? Although I think I already detailed it very much. I'll expand it with the government one.

Most other apps tend to have longer entries.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:22 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Application

Name: Gran Colombia
Symbols:
Flag: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ia.svg.png
Coat of Arms: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 29.svg.png
Claims: Colombia and Venezuela
Power: Minor Power

Government Structure: Republic. Rafael Nunez is the First President of Gran Colombia, however he has no vice president currently, although he's looking for the one from military to take interest of the Militarists.
Ideology/Policy: Pro-Military, Nationalism, Expansionist, National Stability
Leaders: Rafael Nunez (President)
Capital City: Caracas

Population: 15,300,000
Primary Ethnic Group: Portugese.
Minority Ethnic Groups: African immigrants, European immigrants, Amerindians.
Description of Ethnicity: Amerindians are the natives of Colombia and Venezuela, though by now there are mixed of ethnicity due to cross-ethnic marriages. Immigrants from Africa and European are all there, with African being brought as slaves, and Europeans as either foreign experts or labor workers. Portugese, however, had became the primary ones over the colonization, and now become its primary ethnic group in Colombia and Venezuela.
Language: Portugese language as the national language, with Amerindians and other European and African languages as minor ones.
Religion: Catholic is the national religion with Musica mythology being kept in several far-flung areas and in the woods, while Islam, Protestant, and Jewish as minority ones.

Foreign Relations: Not in a very good relations with its neighbors, although Gran Colombia has a normal relations with Brazil and a somewhat good relations with Argentina. Mexico is a hostile enemy and must be destroyed for eternity and for Colombia. Good relations with Europe.
Military Information: The Gran Colombia National Military is comprised of Gran Colombia Army and Gran Colombia Navy, with an outdated equipments and ships but otherwise well-trained and well-funded. Its size is medium and well-trained. Gran Colombia has a growing military industry to achieve self-sufficient, although for now still only able to manufacture licensed small arms and produce munitions and still depend on foreign powers for military arms and aids.
Army Size: 35,000 (active 30,000, reserves 5,000)
Navy Size: 2 battleships with 20 small ships, outdated and seeking replacement. 20,000 sailors.

Economic Policy: State-owned enterprises with limited free market system. The state practically has its controls in production and manufacturing and the price of the goods inside their own nations. Private businesses are encouraged to invest more of it in economy.
Economic Situation: Gran Colombia is rising with its agricultural exports and the growing industrialization in Gran Colombia.
Infrastructure: Gran Colombia is well-built in large cities and ports, but with very minimal infrastructures in far-flung villages and towns. Healthcare and education are being the important ones so hospitals, clinics, and schools are being built in the nation of Gran Colombia. Its ports have good-supported infrastructures and the paved roads.
Imports & Exports: Exports being agricultural products and small arms and mining products, with imports being luxury goods, manufactured goods, and other finished products as well as military equipments.
Currency: Peso

History: On 1499, Portugese colonists arrived at the modern Colombia territories, and started colonized Colombia, gained territories and established colonial government of Portugese Colombia in Colombia. At the same time, resistance started activated and just not enough to attacked Portugese. With time, they began to married themselves with the Amerindian and then also brought in their African slaves to Colombia to grew the economy's rate. In addition they also installed military bases and infrastructures which will be useful for the future. Portugese enslaved Amerindian to the degree where they are became low in population.

On the mid 18th century, however, Portugese was kicked out from Colombia following efforts from local natives and mixed races, as well as the Colombian War of Independence led by Portugese-Amerindian figure and a national symbol of resistance Simon Bolivar, eventually culminated in the establishment of Gran Colombia, which was followed with Colombian-Venezuelan War where Venezuelan resistance failed to secured independence from Gran Colombia and was subsequently crushed. In the end, Simon Bolivar had established a strong republic with strong Portugese influence. Although it is quite modernized, it is weaker compared to Brazil and now seeking more lands for expansions.
Miscellaneous: Focusing on strengthen the stability and military of Gran Colombia, while also expanding.
RP Example: NI the first.

Alleniana wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Yes, I'm Gran Colombia.

Most other apps tend to have longer entries.

When you said it...yes, yes they are.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:24 am

Accepted I suppose. Though, do you claim the little islands close to your coast? It would be preferable, since they'd be quite annoying to keep track of, and I asked Calt specifically to let go of T&T for a future Colombian nation because of it.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:25 am

Remember still under construction.
Application

Name: The United Provinces of Megiko(Mexico) (De Verenigde Provinciën van Megiko)
Symbols:
Claims: Well Mexico, Arizona, what remains of New Mexico and Texas, and Central America up to Panama.
Power: Secondary power but probably a minor power.

Government Structure: Presidential confederal republic
Ideology/Policy: Republicanism.
Leaders: Stadtholder Jan-Pieter Holstege
Capital City: Megiko city

Population: 15 millions (rough estimation)
Primary Ethnic Group: Megikaaners
Minority Ethnic Groups: The Native American people's like the maya and the European immigrants. Most European immigrants come from the Netherlands, Britain and Germany.
Description of Ethnicity: Megikaaners are the love child of Dutch colonists and native Americans and also what happens when Dutch people sunbath to much. The Megikaaners culture and language has become different over time and the Megikaaners accent is distinct from the normal Dutch.
Language: Megikaaners dutch.
Religion: Christianity and native religions.

Foreign Relations: Megiko is on friendly terms with the Nouvelle Français to the east but has a rivalry with the Colombians to the south and the Californians to the west. Relations with Brazil and Argentina are however on friendly terms. Relations with Europe are for the most part friendly with special attention to the relations with the Netherlands and the commonwealth.
Military Information: The Megikaaners military is a small force and professional force that is known to be bolstered by militia groups who are known to harass the enemy with guerrilla warfare. The military is trying to use home produced arms but are dependent on foreign powers for getting weaponry. The militias however are varied and use whatever they can get.
Army Size: 70,000
Navy Size:

Economic Policy:
Economic Situation: Decent. Industrialization and urbanization have taken a start but most people still live in the rural areas as farmers. Megiko city is a rapidly growing city however with the coming of the industrialization.
Infrastructure: There are some railroads here and there. Mostly to connect the major cities and the coasts.
Imports & Exports:
Currency: Gulder

History:
Miscellaneous:
RP Example:
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:25 am

Kryskov wrote:
The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:Slavery would've probably not been legal in Pallasia far longer than that, one of the few sensible things the Stuarts did whilst in charge

Well, like, would you say that it'd be outlawed in the states you own, but you'd allow it in the CSA for a while longer, considering that their economy depended on slaves?

Pallasia doesn't have States. It would have been one federal state until the reformation of 1870, when it was divided into senatorial districts. With my pod being likely set round the end of the English Civil war, The colonies save those in New England would have been the homeland of the crown, who had to take anyone he could to be able to even hope to stand against the Commonwealth. (Hence no slaves)
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:27 am

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Well, like, would you say that it'd be outlawed in the states you own, but you'd allow it in the CSA for a while longer, considering that their economy depended on slaves?

Pallasia doesn't have States. It would have been one federal state until the reformation of 1870, when it was divided into senatorial districts. With my pod being likely set round the end of the English Civil war, The colonies save those in New England would have been the homeland of the crown, who had to take anyone he could to be able to even hope to stand against the Commonwealth. (Hence no slaves)

K... so I'll just have a normal revolution sans-slavery, that'd be better for my industrial wealth at least.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:38 am

:/ Actually, I think the Dutch and the Portuguese still have a lot of conflicts, and I have no idea who claimed stuff first.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:50 am

Application

Name: The Judeo-Slavic Kingdom
Symbols: Star of David, Menorah, The White Eagle, the Teutonic Cross (Modified to fit the nation)
Claims: Poland, Kalingrad, Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia.
Power: Regional

Government Structure: Absolute Monarchy
Ideology/Policy: Pan-Jewish Nationalism, Capitalism, Anti-Federalism
Leaders: King Roman II
Capital City: Gdansk

Population: 10,200,000

Primary Ethnic Group: Slavic

Minority Ethnic Groups: Lithuanians, Estonians, Germans, Russians, Latvians.

Description of Ethnicity: The country is a melting point of Nordic and Slavic cultures and years of intermixing. The North and East have populations with up to 80% having blond hair and blue eyes, the South is almost homogeneously Slavic, with less than 3% having these characteristics. Many in the more Jewish areas tend to exhibit higher levels of intelligence when compared to the non ethnically Jewish.

Language: Polish, Yiddish, Lithuanian, Estonian and Latvian are all official languages.

Religion: Jewish majority (70%) Catholic and Orthodox minority (25%) Protestantism (5%)

Foreign Relations:
Military Information: The Knighted Legions (Land force) The Knighted Armada (Navy)
Army Size: 105,000 regulars, 200,000 reserves.
Navy Size: 10,000 Sailors and 30 Merchant vessels, and two destroyers.

Economic Policy: Strongly capitalistic, has moderate import tariffs on goods such as coal and iron. Vital businesses are controlled by the Government and other businesses such as fishing and logging equipment are freely available for the savvy merchant.

Economic Situation: The economy is experiencing growth of around 1.4% a year, with industries such as logging, mining and banking propping up the economy. Some areas, such as the fishing and tourist industries are quite weak and prone to going over budget.

Infrastructure: Infrastructure between the settlements is good, with paved roads and a railway network running from Gdansk to Warsaw. Then Warsaw to Lodz, inside the cities and towns varies, with the citizenry of Gdansk living relatively prosperous lives, in comparison to Warsaw where conditions are poor and 30% of the citizenry live in slums. Efforts are being made to improve that however. Outside of the Polish part of the country, it's more rural with a weekly railway from Warsaw to Tallinn which also stops in Vilnius and Riga.

Imports & Exports: Wheat, grain, livestock, coal, silver and copper (exports) Diamonds, Tea, Spices, and Rum (imports)

Currency: The Eastern European Shekel (EES)

History:

The vast Jewish migration to Eastern Europe for over eight centuries gave rise to a Jewish state in Eastern Europe. 1 and a half million Jews would settle in the territory of Poland, erecting Synagogues and teaching Yiddish and Hebrew to their communities. Then in the 1850s, a mass migration from the Jewish dominated areas began, with many Christian Poles refusing to live so close to a group they considered alien. By the 1860, with immigration from Ukraine and Russia, the Jewish population numbered 2.1 million.

It was these Jews who helped place King Roman II in power, it was them who elected him. They also gave him the privileges of being an absolute monarch, which allowed him to oversee a vast building scheme and attempts to attract more Jews to the country. No Jews arrived at the time, but in a surprisingly and desperate move, King Roman II sent Rabbis to educate and hopefully convert the nearby Baltic. It worked well, with around 90% of the area's inhabitants converting to Judaism. After some stern warnings, King Roman halted any further conversions - and after a plebiscite the areas agreed to unify with the Polish Realm as it was then known.

As 1881 rolls around, the country seems well; it contains 7.1 million Jews many of whom employed as craftsmen and bankers. (no racism or stereotyping intended) These are following in their parents' and grandparents footsteps, who often bought over considerable assets once they immigrated to the Kingdom. It's armed forces are strong and the economy seems to be handling itself quite well.

Miscellaneous: N/A

RP Example:
DPRK, Pyongyang, January 1969

Hard boots stomped on the concrete ground in unison as the formally dressed KPA units marched down the wide street, the crowds next to them were forming the North Korean flag and various communist insignia with pieces of card. Above them was Kim Il Sung, the Great Leader, Generalissimo and anything else you could think of. Next to him were the usual - generals, admirals, high ranking politicians etc, they thought of power and he thought of reform; because a small gap was slowly widening between North and South. Unfortunately these reforms couldn't be too obvious, the Chinese would see to that. Although despite his stormy rhetoric it was dawning on him that economic and social reforms were a needed reality.

First would be the implementation of a system allowing the citizens of Pyongyang to trade goods at stalls for North Korean Won, or U.S dollars if they were the richer political class. This would also be trialled on the North Korean-Chinese border where the citizenry often ended up considerably wealthier than the citizenry of Pyongyang. But before that, the basics would require fertiliser for crops, and there was one place where this could be obtained rather... well with difficulty but a letter or two could sweeten it hopefully.

Done, considering I did reserve the Baltic and Poland first...

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Application

Name: Gran Colombia
Symbols:
Flag: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ia.svg.png
Coat of Arms: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 29.svg.png
Claims: Colombia and Venezuela
Power: Minor Power

Government Structure: Republic. Rafael Nunez is the First President of Gran Colombia, however he has no vice president currently, although he's looking for the one from military to take interest of the Militarists.
Ideology/Policy: Pro-Military, Nationalism, Expansionist, National Stability
Leaders: Rafael Nunez (President)
Capital City: Caracas

Population: 15,300,000
Primary Ethnic Group: Portugese.
Minority Ethnic Groups: African immigrants, European immigrants, Amerindians.
Description of Ethnicity: Amerindians are the natives of Colombia and Venezuela, though by now there are mixed of ethnicity due to cross-ethnic marriages. Immigrants from Africa and European are all there, with African being brought as slaves, and Europeans as either foreign experts or labor workers. Portugese, however, had became the primary ones over the colonization, and now become its primary ethnic group in Colombia and Venezuela.
Language: Portugese language as the national language, with Amerindians and other European and African languages as minor ones.
Religion: Catholic is the national religion with Musica mythology being kept in several far-flung areas and in the woods, while Islam, Protestant, and Jewish as minority ones.

Foreign Relations: Not in a very good relations with its neighbors, although Gran Colombia has a normal relations with Brazil and a somewhat good relations with Argentina. Mexico is a hostile enemy and must be destroyed for eternity and for Colombia. Good relations with Europe.
Military Information: The Gran Colombia National Military is comprised of Gran Colombia Army and Gran Colombia Navy, with an outdated equipments and ships but otherwise well-trained and well-funded. Its size is medium and well-trained. Gran Colombia has a growing military industry to achieve self-sufficient, although for now still only able to manufacture licensed small arms and produce munitions and still depend on foreign powers for military arms and aids.
Army Size: 35,000 (active 30,000, reserves 5,000)
Navy Size: 2 battleships with 20 small ships, outdated and seeking replacement. 20,000 sailors.

Economic Policy: State-owned enterprises with limited free market system. The state practically has its controls in production and manufacturing and the price of the goods inside their own nations. Private businesses are encouraged to invest more of it in economy.
Economic Situation: Gran Colombia is rising with its agricultural exports and the growing industrialization in Gran Colombia.
Infrastructure: Gran Colombia is well-built in large cities and ports, but with very minimal infrastructures in far-flung villages and towns. Healthcare and education are being the important ones so hospitals, clinics, and schools are being built in the nation of Gran Colombia. Its ports have good-supported infrastructures and the paved roads.
Imports & Exports: Exports being agricultural products and small arms and mining products, with imports being luxury goods, manufactured goods, and other finished products as well as military equipments.
Currency: Peso

History: On 1499, Portugese colonists arrived at the modern Colombia territories, and started colonized Colombia, gained territories and established colonial government of Portugese Colombia in Colombia. At the same time, resistance started activated and just not enough to attacked Portugese. With time, they began to married themselves with the Amerindian and then also brought in their African slaves to Colombia to grew the economy's rate. In addition they also installed military bases and infrastructures which will be useful for the future. Portugese enslaved Amerindian to the degree where they are became low in population.

On the mid 18th century, however, Portugese was kicked out from Colombia following efforts from local natives and mixed races, as well as the Colombian War of Independence led by Portugese-Amerindian figure and a national symbol of resistance Simon Bolivar, eventually culminated in the establishment of Gran Colombia, which was followed with Colombian-Venezuelan War where Venezuelan resistance failed to secured independence from Gran Colombia and was subsequently crushed. In the end, Simon Bolivar had established a strong republic with strong Portugese influence. Although it is quite modernized, it is weaker compared to Brazil and now seeking more lands for expansions.
Miscellaneous: Focusing on strengthen the stability and military of Gran Colombia, while also expanding.
RP Example: NI the first.

Alleniana wrote:Most other apps tend to have longer entries.

When you said it...yes, yes they are.
Checking populstat, Colombia+Venezuela had around 5 million people in 1881. Unless in this AH something changed in which case never mind me xD
Last edited by Greater Mid West on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:00 am

The Emerald Dragon wrote:Application

I believe I said it was implausible, both in pan-Slavic, Jewish and other aspects.

A note to everyone; can you please read the explanation of the app in the OP? The majority of people seem not to have taken much notice of what it says, e.g. to explain how your currency is pegged, to detail both homeland and colonial populations, to have demonyms, etc.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:04 am

Alleniana wrote::/ Actually, I think the Dutch and the Portuguese still have a lot of conflicts, and I have no idea who claimed stuff first.

Lol, what?

The only problem I see is Guyana, which I'm willing to split.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:07 am

Alleniana wrote:

I believe I said it was implausible, both in pan-Slavic, Jewish and other aspects.

A note to everyone; can you please read the explanation of the app in the OP? The majority of people seem not to have taken much notice of what it says, e.g. to explain how your currency is pegged, to detail both homeland and colonial populations, to have demonyms, etc.

And what's implausible about it?

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:11 am

Just noticed I was recommended to lower pop a bit.
Will edit when at home
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:13 am

Valentir wrote:
Alleniana wrote::/ Actually, I think the Dutch and the Portuguese still have a lot of conflicts, and I have no idea who claimed stuff first.

Lol, what?

The only problem I see is Guyana, which I'm willing to split.

What about Philippines?

Alleniana wrote:

I'll try to make changes.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:19 am

Are Goymany and/or France still open?
A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:25 am

The Emerald Dragon wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I believe I said it was implausible, both in pan-Slavic, Jewish and other aspects.

And what's implausible about it?

First of all, "Slavic" is not an ethnicity. It's a group of them, and having it boiled down to a single one doesn't make very much sense.
Secondly, Gdansk doesn't make much sense as capital. Sure, it's a decent sized city, but there are other ones, more centrally located and better suited for purposes as capital.
The Jews, furthermore, have no reason to move. The only thing they share is religion, and so only a minority would move, others wanting to stay with cultural brethren. This minority is not nearly enough to create Jewish dominated areas, and there's no reason why they would move to those specific regions anyway, especially one that's just as prone as any other to expel them as they become a threat.
Poland and the other countries in the area appear to have simply vanished, which is obviously unrealistic, especially when they are fighting a minority they are able to contain, not another sovereign state.

There's generally a plethora of issues with the plot, and though it's a novel idea, it's not plausible, simply. If you want to go with it, try it on a much smaller scale.
The Khedive wrote:Are Goymany and/or France still open?

Neither, though the German reservation is probably too big, so it'll probably be shaved, releasing lots of nice space around, contiguous with Hungary, Slovakia, Poland(?), etc.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:32 am

So, I come back after... Eh, 8 hours and the OOC decided to grow 16-ish pages.

Urgh. Since I can't be arsed to read through all of them, someone sum up everything I've missed and what land has been nommed.

Also, Allen, I dropped my German reservation since I was considering going for Holland instead.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:36 am

Lunas Legion wrote:So, I come back after... Eh, 8 hours and the OOC decided to grow 16-ish pages.

Urgh. Since I can't be arsed to read through all of them, someone sum up everything I've missed and what land has been nommed.

Also, Allen, I dropped my German reservation since I was considering going for Holland instead.

Netherlands are taken.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:37 am

Alleniana wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:So, I come back after... Eh, 8 hours and the OOC decided to grow 16-ish pages.

Netherlands are taken.

Fuck. Do we have a map?

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:39 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Netherlands are taken.

Fuck. Do we have a map?

See the OP, but only accepted nations are marked. Reservations aren't.

What are you interested in at all, then?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:39 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Netherlands are taken.

Fuck. Do we have a map?

No, sorry.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:40 am

Alleniana wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Fuck. Do we have a map?

See the OP, but only accepted nations are marked. Reservations aren't.

Pre-WW1 Germany, now that Holland's gone. Anything else I get within the HRE's borders is a bonus.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:42 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Alleniana wrote:See the OP, but only accepted nations are marked. Reservations aren't.

Pre-WW1 Germany, now that Holland's gone. Anything else I get within the HRE's borders is a bonus.

http://i.imgur.com/t5YL0xe.png is gone, you can have the rest of pre-WWI Germany?

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:42 am

Application

Name: The Confederate States of America | Unofficial: The Confederacy/CSA | Demonym: American/Confederate
Symbols: Flag Great Seal Anthem
Claims: This (Overlapping with other reservations are claimed areas by CSA, but are not subject to be under de facto control)
Power: Secondary Power

Government Structure: Confederal Constitutional Republic (w/ White Male Suffrage, Slavery) | President is elected by an electoral college, Reps are elected by popular vote, and senators are elected by state legislature. States are given considerable power in regards to their own economies and domestic affairs, therefore, the policy of the federal government cannot be anything more than Interventionist.
Ideology/Policy: Southern Conservatism, Federalism, Imperialism, Interventionism
Leaders: President: Wade Hampton III | Vice President: John Henninger Reagan
Capital City: Richmond, VA

Population: 12.4 million
Primary Ethnic Group: Americans of European descent
Minority Ethnic Groups: African-Americans, Hispanics
Description of Ethnicity: Based on a hierarchical system, wherein the white populace is described as being superior to those who are not white. Life is built around agrarianism, though major cities are industrializing. The slaves, and even free blacks, have developed distinct vernaculars in some regions, such as simplified English, Gullah, etc. The accomplishments of Judah P. Benjamin have allowed increased toleration of Jews.
Language: English (The Better Kind-Pure Murican)
Religion: Mostly Baptist-Methodist, with some Episcopal here and there. Very largely Protestant. Roman Catholics have a presence in the coastal areas, and Jews in the cities. Although, both of these face considerable non-gov discrimination.

Foreign Relations: The Confederacy seeks to be generally amicable with Britain, Mexico, and New France. Conflicting claims with Pallasia, along with a general tension about the war, have made reconciliation between the two nations rough and unreliable. The Confederacy has seen itself become increasingly more isolated because of its slavery, something that President Hampton sees as too much of a nuisance to avoid.
Military Information: The Military is headed by President Hampton, Commander-in-Chief. Generally, the Congress may levy the states for volunteers and, in times of dire need, conscripts. Arms manufacturing is usually done through licensing with Britain or France. Most of the Army and Navy are consolidated into one solid branch, the CS Army and the CS Navy, respectively, with other branches being paramilitary groups under the President's control. A glorious view of war is being undertaken now by the maturing sons of the revolution.
Army Size: CS Army:100,000 | The Presidential Guard: 500
Active: 50,000 | Reserve: 50,000
I Corps - Lt. Gen. Edwin Perry - Fort Lee (Richmond, VA) - 18,000
II Corps - Lt. Gen. John Bowen - Fort Franklin (Franklin, TN) - 16,000
III Corps - Lt. Gen. Robert Anderson - Fort Garrott (Vicksburg, MS) - 10,000
1st Defense Regiment - Brigadier Francis Cockrell - Fort Lauderdale (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - 6,000
2nd Defense Regiment - Col. Robert Kirkpatrick - Port-Au-Prince, Hispaniola - 1,500
3rd Defense Regiment - Col. John Moore - Fort Providence (San Juan, PR) - 500

The Presidential Guard - Col. DeWitt Alexander - Richmond, VA - 500
Navy Size: CS Navy: 20,000 | CS Marines: 2,000
Regiment of Marines - Col. J.W. Bachman - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba - 2,000
1st Fleet - Adm. John Taylor Wood - Charleston, SC - 8 ironclads, 10 wooden cruisers, 10 gunboats
2nd Fleet - Adm. Andrew J. Fuller - Biloxi, MS - 5 ironclads, 12 wooden cruisers, 6 gunboats
3rd Fleet- V.Adm. Joseph L. Huckabee - Norfolk, VA - 3 ironclads, 9 wooden cruisers, 14 gunboats
1st Gunboat Squadron - Comm. Robert L. Marston - Tallahassee, FL - 6 gunboats
2nd Gunboat Squadron - Comm. Peter Andrew - Wilmington, NC - 6 gunboats

Economic Policy: Free Trade, Interventionism | Government leaves a lot of local economic decisions to the states. However, the government may intervene in businesses should they see fit. However, the government maintains relatively low tariffs in order to stimulate trade and foreign capital. The federal government is trying to industrialize the nation, which may come at the expense of farmers.
Economic Situation: A big push was undergone, beginning with President Lee's presidency, to reduce taxes for industrialists. Industrial centers have been growing in Charleston, Nashville, and Atlanta. An economic depression occurred after the war, when Confederate money couldn't be backed quickly enough to reduce inflation, and a panic caused money to be withdrawn from the banks, known as the Panic of 1866. However, the nation is seeing a steady rise to surplus due to the paying off on debts acquired during the Panic and the Civil War
Infrastructure: Buildings generally built in the Beaux-Arts style. Efforts to increase the interests of industrialists and capitalists have culminated in the extensive construction of railroads since the end of the war, though with limited funds and slave labor. More and more mines are being constructed in the Appalachians, with plantations spreading in the less mountainous states of Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia.
Imports & Exports: Imports: Steel, Chemicals, Other Metals | Exports: Cotton, Wheat, Coal
Currency: Confederate Dollar

History: The South had been some of the first English colonies settled. Over time, growing senses and sympathies for democracy and states rights made the South a hotbed for discontent and unrest with England and, later, Pallasia. As the issue of sectional favoritism and anti-monarchism grew, the South became more militant.. Following secession in 1861, the Confederate Army organized itself under the command of General Joseph Johnston and marched north, defeating their opponents at the First Battle of Bull Run. As Johnston pulled back into Virginia to defend Richmond, however, he became wounded while attacking the Yankee invaders. As he was incapacitate at the time, Robert E. Lee was appointed commander of the Army of Northern Virginia over Johnston. Lee went on to have significant success early on in the war, crushing successively incompetent enemy generals. In 1863, President Jefferson Davis ordered Lee to go on the offensive to destroy the Northern will. Lee met his opportunity at the Battle of Gettysburg. After two days of intense fighting, Lee had encircled the enemy army and had effectively crushed it. Following the monstrous victory, Secretary of State Judah P. Benjamin secured funding for the army, and Lee defeated several Northern forages into Tennessee and, on September 22, 1864, the Confederate States of America signed the Treaty of Nashville, granting the nation its independence. Jefferson Davis declined reelection, with Lee winning unanimously and General James Longstreet as Vice President. Wade Hampton III was appointed Senior Commander of the Army in Lee's place. When the financial panic hit, Lee used his popularity to influence Congress and the states to pass the Central Banking Act, creating a government-run advisory structure to maintain and direct the banks. This was a compromise between the staunch fiscal conservatives and the industrialist-moderates. This, and several of Lee's other non-partisan resolutions, drew a wedge in between the two factions. Although the Lee-Longstreet ticket was reelected again unanimously in 1868, conservatives in Congress formed one faction, creating the Conservative Party. The opposing liberal-moderates created the Democratic Party. Lee spent half of his term trying to fight this sectionalism. However, Lee suffered a stroke and, two weeks later, died in 1870. Longstreet was sworn in as President and spent a good while trying to increase the industrial capacity of the nation, including the navy. Longstreet, in 1872, was the first president to be elected as a party candidate, being a representative of the Democratic Party. In 1873, Longstreet sent Adm. John Taylor Wood, a grandson of Zachary Taylor, along with soldiers under the command of Edwin Perry to seize control of Cuba, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico. Skirmishes broke out between the old colonial troops and the new, but eventually, the Confederacy agreed to pay for the purchase of the lands and an ironclad ship. Longstreet continued his reforms, but faced considerable criticism due to his involvement in the Leclerc Affair, where Longstreet allegedly paid for inside information for land speculation. The Conservative Party candidate in 1876, Wade Hampton III, was elected President due to this affair, pursuing a more global foreign policy, military increases, and aggressive stances on domestic issues.
Miscellaneous: gooby pls
RP Example: Not as much fluff as the others, I mind you.
Last edited by Kryskov on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse