NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 2.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How fun is this RP?

The best, or nearly the best
22%
Among some of the much better ones
38%
Somewhere above average
16%
Pretty decent; not bad
No votes
Not so great; seen better
2%
Really not much
5%
Not at all, whatsoever
19%

Total votes : 64

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:08 pm

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
Baja California y Sonora wrote:That doesn't stop it from being a terrible name but I mean don't let my opinion dishearten you. Keep doin' yo thang.

It is miles better then llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

And still better than Taumata­whakatangihanga­koauau­o­tamatea­turi­pukakapiki­maunga­horo­nuku­pokai­whenua­kitanatahu.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:That doesn't stop it from being a terrible name but I mean don't let my opinion dishearten you. Keep doin' yo thang.

It is miles better then llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

that is such a great name, petition to make this a npc country

Mishmahig wrote:

And still better than Taumata­whakatangihanga­koauau­o­tamatea­turi­pukakapiki­maunga­horo­nuku­pokai­whenua­kitanatahu.

this should be a npc toooooooooooo

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Paketo wrote:
do you have any history lined up yet?

Something like Nestorians and the Church of the East merge in 450AD, followed by the formation of a Nestorian Kingdom in Armenia, followed by expansion north and south, until in 710 AD, large scale wars with Islam leads to a standstill in expansion, then in 1200, Nestorian Forces begin taking Eastern portions of Persia, followed by all of Persia in 1500's and pushing into Arabia in the 1600s.

good, i won't have to change any of my history then
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Alleniana wrote:Couldn't tell; Vicky 2 provinces in that region are annoying. :p And Hokkaido is... weird.

@ISC, sure, but not sure why you'd want to put the British there... why not put it in north America?

I don't want to be so small :(

You'd be industrialised, though.
Bujahla wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ZjpQ6kJ.png

Reserve this. Shouldn't conflict with anyone now.

Trinidad & Tobago are Colombian, not sure if the Guyanas are, Sakhalin is part of Russia (I assume), Chinese treaty ports are already taken by China, and I'd prefer for you to back out a bit from inland Africa.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Revised Mongoria app.

Ikh Mongol Uls/The Mongol Empire

Application
Name:
The Mongol Empire (Ikh Mongol Uls)
Symbols: Soyombo symbol, dragon, chrysanthemum, horse
Claims: Japan (minus Hokkaido and the Ryukyus), China, Korea, Mongolia, parts of North Vietnam and Laos, probably some chunks of southern Siberia (not much though), and a few of the Stans.
Basically, the Chagatai Khanate, the Yuan dynasty, Korea, Taiwan, and Japan.
Power: Somewhere between a secondary power and a great power
Government Structure: The Khagan is the absolute monarch of the empire, but he is assisted by a vice regent, a cabinet, and the kurultai, an assemblage of nobles, khans, and other personages of importance who act somewhat like a parliament. The government is divided into a number of ministries, overseen by the Grand Secretariat. The position of khagan is usually hereditary, but the kurultai has the power to elect a new khagan if they feel the heir is not suitable.
Ideology/Policy: The government spends almost all of its time just trying to hold its vast territories together and prevent foreign powers from encroaching on Mongol territories. However, in general, it tries to be fairly permissive about the lives of its citizens and grants them considerable freedom, while interfering more than some governments in the economy to help keep things running smoothly.
Leaders:
1. Kublai XI, Khagan of the Mongol Empire, King of Kings, Khan of Khans, the Son of Heaven, Emperor Qingyin of China, Emperor Showa of Japan, Great Khan of Mongolia, Beloved of Heaven, Supreme Lord of All Under the Blue Sky
2. Empress Cixi
3. Prince Zaichun
4. Vice-Regent Zhao Xian
5. Chancellor Silin Ayan

Capital City: Khanbaliq
Population: About 800 million.
Primary Ethnic Groups: Han Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Mongol
Minority Ethnic Groups: Jurchen, Hmong, Uighur, Uzbek, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tatar, Arab, Pushtun, Persian, Tibetan, Vietnamese, Lao, Isaan, Khmer
Description of Ethnicity: Ummm... All of the Asian people you can think of?
Language: The empire has a number of official languages- Mongolian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Korean, Uighur, Farsi, Tibetan, various Miao and Hmong languages, Manchu, some Khmer, Tatar
Religion: The Mongol Empire tolerates all religions, so long as all religious organizations pay their taxes and do not attempt to overthrow the Khagan or cause disorder in his realms.
Foreign Relations: The empire tries to maintain cordial relations with all nations around it (and within it :p ). Emphasis on the word "tries".
Military Information: The Khanate's military is humongoginormous and equipped with outdated weapons and tactics.
Army Size: ~2,150,000 troops, nearly that many horses, large (but outdated) artillery park
Navy Size: ~456,000 men on over a thousand ships (mainly smaller junks and transports)
Economic Policy: A strange mixture of laissez-faire capitalism and state capitalism. The government is very permissive of businesses, though it taxes all of them a fair amount, and allows merchants and salespeople to sell their goodsjust about anywhere, so long as they do not contravene any laws and they register themselves so they may pay tribute to the khagan. The government holds a monopoly on major industries, however, including silk production, tea plantations, salt production, and porcelain manufacturing, and interferes a great deal in fields like mining, the raising of horses, and the manufacture of ships and weapons.
Economic Situation: Dire. Tax revenues are low despite the best effort of often-brutal collectors thanks to mass evasion and outdated tax codes, meaning the government is chronically underfunded. Additionally, hyperinflation under the last khagan has caused economic difficulties across the empire, and combined with a major drought in the rich farming areas of the Chengdu Plain and parts of Northern China, the empire's economy is disintegrating.
Infrastructure: Mediocre at best. A road system connects the entire empire, but it is aging and poorly maintained thanks to the constant shortage of sufficient tax revenue.
Imports & Exports:
-Exports: silk, porcelain, tea, spices, luxury goods (jade, wood, and ivory carvings mainly)
-Imports: machinery, weaponry, opium
Currency: Chao
History: Following the conquest of Southern China and the final fall of the Song dynasty, Kublai Khan turned his eyes to the west, where his relatives ruled over the Chagatai Khanate, the Ilkhanate, and the Golden Horde- all nominally under his control, but not in reality. With the aid of his son, Prince Jingim (who in OTL died in 1286), Kublai managed to successfully bring the Chagatai Khanate under his direct control. In fact, Prince Jingim led and coordinated many of the military campaigns, embassies, and espionage missions that helped bring Chagatai under Khanbaliq's wing. This allowed Kublai to continue some of the campaigns he carried out in OTL- such as the invasion of Japan, which in this timeline was successful. The efforts to bring the Golden Horde and the Ilkhanate under Kublai's direct control, however, ultimately fail. While some of their territories are brought directly under Kublai's control, they remain largely autonomous and are essentially just tributary states. In 1294, Kublai dies as in OTL, but is succeeded by Jingim. It is Jingim who built much of the Mongol Empire as we know it today. His reign lasted from 1294-1327, and he made valuable contributions even before then. Jingim made a number of reforms to set up infrastructure and a Chinese-style bureaucracy, but continued to allow religious tolerance and relatively free trade. He also consolidated the Mongol hold on Japan- they had previously only controlled parts of northern Kyushu and southern Honshu, but Jingim's campaigns brought all of Japan besides Hokkaido under Mongol sway, as well as Taiwan and parts of Southeast Asia. He was responsible for the creation of the basic structure of the current Mongol government, and even created the original code of laws that has formed the basis for the Mongol justice system that exists today. Jingim also helped consolidate the empire and really, in a sense, forged the nation that exists today. However, Chinese-educated Jingim, despite his excellent leadership and charisma, alienated the leaders of the Golden Horde and the Ilkhanate. By the end of his reign, any chance of reuniting the three remaining pieces of Temujin's empire was gone forever, but the realms that were under Mongol control when Jingim died had their destinies far more closely intertwined than might otherwise be possible.
After Jingim, we had a lot of khagans, who did better or worse jobs and steadily sinicized. In 1403, however, the Han finally had had enough of their foreign rulers. The Ming rose, pushing Yuan out of most of Inner China, and ruled until 1577, while Yuan barely managed to hold onto Japan, Korea, Central Asia, and parts of Southeast Asia and Tibet. However, with the Yuan controlling the Silk Road, and an impoverished and war-scarred China, the Ming disintegrated into political infighting in the 1570s and 1580s. Several major kingdoms prevented the Yuan from regaining Inner China, however, until 1632, when Beijing (Khanbaliq), and China above the Huai fell to the armies of Kaidu IV- who, strictly speaking, was not Yuan, but rather the son of the previous military leader who had managed to seize control of the kurultai and the imperial court. South China endured until 1667, when Jingim II's armies overran the increasingly small, weak, and divided Chinese kingdoms, and reestablished the empire. Jingim II built on the work of his namesake to rebuild the mighty empire that had existed before Ming, better unifying the nation and working to find a balance for the Mongol people between sinicization and their ancient ways. As part of this, the kurultai was granted more power, and the Ministry of Rites was also changed to help enforce Mongol ways on the Mongol people. He basically built the modern empire, and things went uphill until around 1822 when there was a war with Britain and Portugal over the opium they were importing. The Mongols had stagnated a great deal, and so things didn't go so hot, and they've been getting worse. A lot worse. So now we have modern "Mongolia"- four years ago a huge and long-running rebellion in Japan was brutally put down, hyperinflation is running rampant, the government is ineffectual, and the empire seems to be positively bursting at the seams all of a sudden.

Miscellaneous: Mongoria stronk.
RP Example: -_-
Last edited by Senkaku on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Alleniana wrote:

Trinidad & Tobago are Colombian, not sure if the Guyanas are, Sakhalin is part of Russia (I assume), Chinese treaty ports are already taken by China, and I'd prefer for you to back out a bit from inland Africa.

Can I have airship passenger transit?
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Can I incorporate Portugese into the history of Gran Colombia?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Alleniana wrote:

Trinidad and Tobago are separate countries and Atillo only claimed w/o image "Colombia and Venezuela" so I assumed they didn't count. Guyanas haven't been any of the colonial powers and not by Atillo. Sakhalin wasn't owned by Russia at this time IIRC. Forgot to remove Macau and Hong Kong. But are you seriously accepting that china? I thought last time ours was too OP as it was...
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Senkaku wrote:Revised Mongoria app.

(Image)
Ikh Mongol Uls/The Mongol Empire

Application
Name:
The Mongol Empire (Ikh Mongol Uls)
Symbols: Soyombo symbol, dragon, chrysanthemum, horse
Claims: Japan (minus Hokkaido and the Ryukyus), China, Korea, Mongolia, parts of North Vietnam and Laos, probably some chunks of southern Siberia (not much though), and a few of the Stans.
Basically, the Chagatai Khanate, the Yuan dynasty, Korea, Taiwan, and Japan.
Power: Somewhere between a secondary power and a great power
Government Structure: The Khagan is the absolute monarch of the empire, but he is assisted by a vice regent, a cabinet, and the kurultai, an assemblage of nobles, khans, and other personages of importance who act somewhat like a parliament. The government is divided into a number of ministries, overseen by the Grand Secretariat. The position of khagan is usually hereditary, but the kurultai has the power to elect a new khagan if they feel the heir is not suitable.
Ideology/Policy: The government spends almost all of its time just trying to hold its vast territories together and prevent foreign powers from encroaching on Mongol territories. However, in general, it tries to be fairly permissive about the lives of its citizens and grants them considerable freedom, while interfering more than some governments in the economy to help keep things running smoothly.
Leaders:
1. Kublai XI, Khagan of the Mongol Empire, King of Kings, Khan of Khans, Emperor Qingyin of China, Emperor Showa of Japan, Great Khan of Mongolia, Supreme Lord of All Under the Blue Sky
2. Empress Cixi
3. Prince Zaichun
4. Vice-Regent Saburo
5. Chancellor Silin Ayan

Capital City: Khanbaliq
Population: About 800 million.
Primary Ethnic Groups: Han Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Mongol
Minority Ethnic Groups: Jurchen, Hmong, Uighur, Uzbek, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Tatar, Arab, Pushtun, Persian, Tibetan, Vietnamese, Lao, Isaan, Khmer
Description of Ethnicity: Ummm... All of the Asian people you can think of?
Language: The empire has a number of official languages- Mongolian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Korean, Uighur, Farsi, Tibetan, various Miao and Hmong languages, Manchu, some Khmer, Tatar
Religion: The Mongol Empire tolerates all religions, so long as all religious organizations pay their taxes and do not attempt to overthrow the Khagan or cause disorder in his realms.
Foreign Relations: The empire tries to maintain cordial relations with all nations around it (and within it :p ). Emphasis on the word "tries".
Military Information: The Khanate's military is humongoginormous and equipped with outdated weapons and tactics.
Army Size: ~2,150,000 troops, nearly that many horses, large (but outdated) artillery park
Navy Size: ~456,000 men on over a thousand ships (mainly smaller junks and transports)
Economic Policy: A strange mixture of laissez-faire capitalism and state capitalism. The government is very permissive of businesses, though it taxes all of them a fair amount, and allows merchants and salespeople to sell their goodsjust about anywhere, so long as they do not contravene any laws and they register themselves so they may pay tribute to the khagan. The government holds a monopoly on major industries, however, including silk production, tea plantations, salt production, and porcelain manufacturing, and interferes a great deal in fields like mining, the raising of horses, and the manufacture of ships and weapons.
Economic Situation: Dire. Tax revenues are low despite the best effort of often-brutal collectors thanks to mass evasion and outdated tax codes, meaning the government is chronically underfunded. Additionally, hyperinflation under the last khagan has caused economic difficulties across the empire, and combined with a major drought in the rich farming areas of the Chengdu Plain and parts of Northern China, the empire's economy is disintegrating.
Infrastructure: Mediocre at best. A road system connects the entire empire, but it is aging and poorly maintained thanks to the constant shortage of sufficient tax revenue.
Imports & Exports:
-Exports: silk, porcelain, tea, spices, luxury goods (jade, wood, and ivory carvings mainly)
-Imports: machinery, weaponry, opium
Currency: Chao
History: Following the conquest of Southern China and the final fall of the Song dynasty, Kublai Khan turned his eyes to the west, where his relatives ruled over the Chagatai Khanate, the Ilkhanate, and the Golden Horde- all nominally under his control, but not in reality. With the aid of his son, Prince Jingim (who in OTL died in 1286), Kublai managed to successfully bring the Chagatai Khanate under his direct control. In fact, Prince Jingim led and coordinated many of the military campaigns, embassies, and espionage missions that helped bring Chagatai under Khanbaliq's wing. This allowed Kublai to continue some of the campaigns he carried out in OTL- such as the invasion of Japan, which in this timeline was successful. The efforts to bring the Golden Horde and the Ilkhanate under Kublai's direct control, however, ultimately fail. While some of their territories are brought directly under Kublai's control, they remain largely autonomous and are essentially just tributary states. In 1294, Kublai dies as in OTL, but is succeeded by Jingim. It is Jingim who built much of the Mongol Empire as we know it today. His reign lasted from 1294-1327, and he made valuable contributions even before then. Jingim made a number of reforms to set up infrastructure and a Chinese-style bureaucracy, but continued to allow religious tolerance and relatively free trade. He also consolidated the Mongol hold on Japan- they had previously only controlled parts of northern Kyushu and southern Honshu, but Jingim's campaigns brought all of Japan besides Hokkaido under Mongol sway, as well as Taiwan and parts of Southeast Asia. He was responsible for the creation of the basic structure of the current Mongol government, and even created the original code of laws that has formed the basis for the Mongol justice system that exists today. Jingim also helped consolidate the empire and really, in a sense, forged the nation that exists today. However, Chinese-educated Jingim, despite his excellent leadership and charisma, alienated the leaders of the Golden Horde and the Ilkhanate. By the end of his reign, any chance of reuniting the three remaining pieces of Temujin's empire was gone forever.
After Jingim, we had a lot of khagans, who did better or worse jobs and steadily sinicized. In 1403, however, the Han finally had had enough of their foreign rulers. The Ming rose, pushing Yuan out of most of Inner China, and ruled until 1577, while Yuan barely managed to hold onto Japan, Korea, Central Asia, and parts of Southeast Asia and Tibet. However, with the Yuan controlling the Silk Road, and an impoverished and war-scarred China, the Ming disintegrated into political infighting in the 1570s and 1580s. Several major kingdoms prevented the Yuan from regaining Inner China, however, until 1632, when Beijing (Khanbaliq), and China above the Huai fell to the armies of Kaidu IV. South China endured until 1667, when Jingim II's armies overran the increasingly small, weak, and divided Chinese kingdoms, and reestablished the empire. Jingim II built on the work of his namesake to rebuild the mighty empire that had existed before Ming, better unifying the nation and working to find a balance for the Mongol people between sinicization and their ancient ways. As part of this, the kurultai was granted more power, and the Ministry of Rites was also changed to help enforce Mongol ways on the Mongol people. He basically built the modern empire, and things went uphill until around 1822 when there was a war with [insert Western power here] over the opium they were importing. The Mongols had stagnated a great deal, and so things didn't go so hot, and they've been getting worse. A lot worse. So now we have modern "Mongolia"- four years ago a huge and long-running rebellion in Japan was put down, hyperinflation is running rampant, the government is ineffectual, and the empire seems to be positively bursting at the seams all of a sudden.
Miscellaneous: Mongoria stronk.
RP Example: -_-
the japanese invasion is impossible to have succeeded though because of the divine wind, how did it succeed?
Last edited by Paketo on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Application

Name: La République de Francia | The Republic of Francia
Symbols: The Fasces, the Fleur-de-Lis
Claims: As seen here in red
Power: Great Power

Government Structure: The government currently within the republic is a representative monarchy. The people elect both a president and a sénateur, who would represent the people of the Republic (Mainland Francia and Franque Algérie) in the Sénat du Francia
Ideology/Policy: Conservatism, Civic Nationalism, Interventionism
Leaders: Président Louis Baptiste, Premier Ministre Felix Bault
Capital City: Paris

Population: 28,114,000 (I can't find a reliable source, so I'm guessing this would be the population)
Primary Ethnic Group: Frankish
Minority Ethnic Groups: English, German, Italian, Spanish, various ethnicities from colonial claims
Description of Ethnicity: The Frankish culture is similar to that of OTL French, just under a different name. The Frankish people are proud of their culture and produce fine wines, cheeses, and breads. While they are not inherently violent or militaristic, if they are under the right leader, they can be an unstoppable force.
Language: Frankish (French)
Religion: Roman Catholicism

Foreign Relations: The Republic has held good relations with all of the colonies that it has let go. It is suspicious of most European nations and is even mostly hostile towards the English. However, it views nations like Italy and Belgium as potential allies in the future.
Military Information: The equipment of the Frankish military is out-of-date, but it still works. The military is currently going through an upgrading phase, so many of the current warships and rifles are being replaced with more modern equipment. The primary weapon of the army currently is
Army Size: ~400,000 Soldiers
Navy Size: ~200,000 Sailors
Vessels of the Frankish Navy
  • 10 Battleships
  • 16 Monitors
  • 20 Man O' Wars
  • 7 Submarines

Economic Policy: Right now, Francia's economy is Laissez-Faire Capitalist, although the Senate might soon turn it into a Mixed-Market economy.
Economic Situation: Francia's economy is relatively stable and prosperous at the moment. The economy is working off of both industries in the Republic and whatever exports come from the colonies.
Infrastructure: The infrastructure in the Republic itself is good, as roads connect every major city and town together, although some hamlets are still only accessible through a dirt path. In the colonies, there is little infrastructure to speak of, although the government is working to change that.
Imports & Exports: The Republic exports foodstuffs and coal while it imports iron and other metals.
Currency: The Franc

History: The history of Francia is similar to that of OTL France up until the division of the Carolingian Empire. Rather than dividing into three states, the old empire broke up into two separate entities: The Kingdom of Francia and the Kingdom of Germania. Charlemagne's successors were largely content with their land. That was, until the 1274 A.D, when King Edward I of Brittany decided to attack the Kingdom of Francia. What ensued was a twenty year-long war that only ended once Brittany had become a part of the Kingdom.

From here, Francia plunged into a period of chaos and civil wars after various Breton lords demanded to be recognized as such by the government. This lead to the Nantes Rebellion, in which Breton royals wanted to reclaim their land and throne. In the east, the Lowlands viewed this turmoil as a chance to gain independence from the Franks. With fighting in the North-West and North-East, the King had to focus on one front and leave the other to gain independence. Since he did not want to start a war with the Low Countries, or to have fought the Breton War in vain, decided to relaunch an attack on Brittany once more. The Rebellion lasted for 3 years, and by the end of the conflict, the nation did not want to start another with the Low Countries. As such, Francia let the Low Countries go while still retaining Wallonie (Wallonia)

Nothing major occurred until the early 1600s, when word of the New World reached Francia. King Louis VI, wanting to get in on colonizing the new continent, sent out several ships to go west and south-west. The ships that went West landed in what we know as Quebec. They claimed the land for Francia and declared it Nouvelle Francia. In the South, the colonists reached what we know as Brazil. The colonists went on to name this land "Brésil". The colonies soon started expanding far across the continents, with Nouvelle Francia stretching from the Atlantic to Louisiana. Brésil, just like its fellow colony in the North, was beginning to stretch out across the continent.

However, this expansion did not come without a price. The French would have to almost constantly battle their competitors, whether it be the British or otherwise, for ownership of the land. This, however, did not come without a price. The state of constant war, while giving Francia an abundant amount of land in the West, left the homeland poor and famished. The people began to conspire against the monarchy, questioning its authority over the crown. The people, however, decided to wait until Nouvelle Francia declared independence from the Crown. After a long and futile war, the people realized that the monarchy was not as invincible as they believed it to be.

On July 17th, 1781, a riot broke out in Orleans as the peasants finally started to fight the Crown. Troops were sent to quell the revolt, but protests like it began to spring up all across the nation. King Philippe III, who was in power at the time, could not believe that the peasants were trying to overthrow him. But soon it would not just be peasants forcing him to step down; it would be the aristocracy. In late November, 1781, aristocrats from all of Francia gathered in Orleans to discuss the future of the Kingdom. All 87 nobles decided that, for the better of Francia, the King should step down and be executed for his crimes against the people.

From here, the revolution took off. Members of the military began to fight along side the peasants until February 2nd, 1782. On this day, a crowd overtook the guards at the King's palace and killed the royals inside, including Philippe. Now with a gap in power, the Aristocracy declared themselves rulers and instituted strict laws. Anyone who ignored them was to be executed. This began the Frankish Reign of Terror. This was a 17 year-long power gap in the Kingdom that caused tens of thousands of deaths along with several wars.

However, it was put an end to by a Breton general by the name of Napoleon Bonaparte. While being invaded by outside forces, Bonaparte eventually took charge of the army and managed to defend the homeland from foreign invaders. Once France was at peace with its neighbors, in 1799, the General lead a coup against the government and proclaimed himself the Emperor of the Franks.

He focused on rebuilding the nation to a become a respectable power once again. In order to do this, he had to let go of colonies that were draining money from the government. As a result, on August 1er, 1800, Brésil became an independent nation. After this, Napoleon decided that the only way that the Franks could get any respect now was by invading other nations. As a result, using the Franque Grande Armée, Napoleon invaded Spain in the fall of the same year. After the Madrid was captured by spring of 1801, Napoleon wanted more land. As such, he made a pact with the Prussians and other Central European countries in order to gain some allies for the upcoming war.

For the next 11 years, Napoleon would attempt to create a continental empire. He almost achieved this goal until 1812, when he invaded the Russians. This proved to be a fatal mistake as his Empire began to fall soon after. In 1814, after his Empire completely collapsed, Napoleon was banished to the island of Elba. He remained there for a hundred days until he escaped back to Francia, where he was accepted as their Emperor once again. He tried to reclaim his empire, but his hopes were quickly ended once he was defeated in the Low Countries in 1815.

From there, he was exiled to Saint Helena and a Republic was installed in Francia. Here, the people had representation and actually had a voice. This government has begun to focus on African colonization, starting with the Algerian coast in the 1820s. They also set up colonies along various points on the African coast as well as on Madagascar, southern Indochina, and New Zealand. (Sorry for the sloppiness towards the end, I'm getting tired and I can't come up with much more history)
Miscellaneous: N/A
RP Example: You know me by now, Allen. (Or do you? >:3)

I finished the app!
Last edited by Neo-Assyrian Empire on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Would it still be possible for Mexico to retain whats left of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona?

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 pm

And there goes my west african colonies.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Paketo wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Something like Nestorians and the Church of the East merge in 450AD, followed by the formation of a Nestorian Kingdom in Armenia, followed by expansion north and south, until in 710 AD, large scale wars with Islam leads to a standstill in expansion, then in 1200, Nestorian Forces begin taking Eastern portions of Persia, followed by all of Persia in 1500's and pushing into Arabia in the 1600s.

Crusades begin in 1000s-1100s, Crusader States are established. They get crushed when the Ottomans/equivalent conquer everything, retreating to a few small enclaves on the frontier and Cyprus. As the Ottomans/w/e weaken, a renewed Crusade allows for the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, followed by massive expansion throughout the late 1300s-1400s into Anatolia and the Levant, before finally meeting the Nestorians along the border of what is now Iraq and Iran.

Over the 1500s and 1600s, the Crusaders fought occasional border squabbles with Pontus, the Nestorians, Arabic tribes, etc, and expanded to sweep up the remaining nations in the Middle East. Late 1600s-1700s were a period of centralization, putting down a variety of revolutions and whatnot, before a large-scale war broke out in the early 1800s, leading to the Crusaders' defeat at the hands of the Nestorians, forcing them to cede eastern Iraq and southern Anatolia to them -- leading to the current borders.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Bolovia wrote:Would it still be possible for Mexico to retain whats left of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona?

those areas are already reserved
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Reserve this Chile in this map + some Pacific islands
There is a time when you must lead a former enemy into victory, and mine is now.
#Neverforget #Chilean-Charcanwar1900

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Crusades begin in 1000s-1100s, Crusader States are established. They get crushed when the Ottomans/equivalent conquer everything, retreating to a few small enclaves on the frontier and Cyprus. As the Ottomans/w/e weaken, a renewed Crusade allows for the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, followed by massive expansion throughout the late 1300s-1400s into Anatolia and the Levant, before finally meeting the Nestorians along the border of what is now Iraq and Iran.

Over the 1500s and 1600s, the Crusaders fought occasional border squabbles with Pontus, the Nestorians, Arabic tribes, etc, and expanded to sweep up the remaining nations in the Middle East. Late 1600s-1700s were a period of centralization, putting down a variety of revolutions and whatnot, before a large-scale war broke out in the early 1800s, leading to the Crusaders' defeat at the hands of the Nestorians, forcing them to cede eastern Iraq and southern Anatolia to them -- leading to the current borders.

i like it
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Bujahla wrote:And there goes my west african colonies.

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you had claimed that. Lemme edit the map quickly...
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:

Dw. I already fixed mine.

http://i.imgur.com/huGG3o7.png

EDIT: @Al, that inland africa is known as Zambesia and was colonized IRL by Portugal in the 1400's. The river bed or whatever has a lack of mosquitos that carry malaria so it's been an active site for trading posts for centuries.
Last edited by Bujahla on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Would this be an acceptable reservation?

http://i.imgur.com/r1W6BC9.png
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you had claimed that. Lemme edit the map quickly...

Dw. I already fixed mine.

http://i.imgur.com/huGG3o7.png

I just fixed mine and claimed the exact same spot. Look's like we'll have to fight for it... *Prepares the fleet*

I'll just swap back to the old map
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:

I mentioned how I intended the Crusader States to be French in origin; would this be acceptable/amenable to you? How would current relations be, if so?

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:Reserve this Chile in this map + some Pacific islands
There is a time when you must lead a former enemy into victory, and mine is now.
#Neverforget #Chilean-Charcanwar1900
Welcome to the neighborhood! =)
Also, maybe there should be an unofficial list of reservations, just to keep in order who reserved what

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Paketo wrote:the japanese invasion is impossible to have succeeded though because of the divine wind, how did it succeed?

No divine wind. Dur.

It was just a typhoon. The sort of thing that might not have happened in another timeline.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Paketo wrote:the japanese invasion is impossible to have succeeded though because of the divine wind, how did it succeed?

No divine wind. Dur.

It was just a typhoon. The sort of thing that might not have happened in another timeline.

*silently starts a riot about how OP the mongols are and that I can't wait to exploit that decentralized government or I hope their government is decentralized*
*Huzzah he lives!*

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Paketo wrote:

I like it too.
I'm really tired

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you had claimed that. Lemme edit the map quickly...

I mentioned how I intended the Crusader States to be French in origin; would this be acceptable/amenable to you? How would current relations be, if so?

That's fine, but I would have to see the app in order to see how relations would be today (I don't think they would be bad, but I want to see how good they would be)
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

PreviousNext