NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:17 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:The Delegation from Zunkwentania, although probably out of order (but who isn't?) is quite correct.

On a point of Parliamentary privilege, we would like to have this debated on post haste:

Libraria and Ausitoria
His Grace Alexias Stella

Parliamentary Procedures Act

[Resolution Number: 45]

Concerned at the immense delay imposed by the cumbersome regulations passed from Resolution no. 43,

Observing that the resolution is far too cumbersome to be easily amended, and lacks any sort of division into subsections,

Hereby repeals Resolution no. 43 and decides:

Section 1: Basic Parliamentary Principles
a) The council has legislative supremacy and sovereignty over the coalition.
b) Any decision by a majority of the Council is the decision of Parliament, wherever or however it may be reached; and any past decision contrary to the most recent decision is invalid.
c) The Council may set whatever conditions it likes for membership of the Council; and all nations in the Coalition shall continue to automatically be granted membership.
d) The Council may not bind a future majority under any conditions whatever.
e) Councils are advised to be sensible.

Section 2: The Conduct of Members
a) Members, subject to future limitations, have the right to communicate with other Council members whenever someone else finishes and may communicate on any subject they like or however they like except for personal remarks.
b) Members are advised to be sensible.

Section 3: The Conduct of Meetings
a) Members may from time to time elect a Speaker. Should there be no speaker, the Prime Minister shall function in that capacity.
b) Elections shall be held by the Secretary-General or any other person demanded by the Senate, whenever more than three Senators demand such an election. During the period of an election, which should be long enough for grievances to be aired; the Secretary-General or any other person demanded shall maintain order.
c) The Speaker may maintain order by any measures he regards as necessary, including formulating rules pursuant to this Resolution.
d) The Speaker is advised to consult with the Council and revise such measures frequently according to popular demand.

Signed,

[His Grace Alexias Stella, Libraria and Ausitoria]

I apologize, but the previous bill offers amendment privileges. There is no need to repeal the legislation to which this bill tries. Your legislation is struck down as null Mr. Vice President. The bill entitled 44 is now up for vote.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:42 pm

On a point of order, Mr. Speaker, whether we should repeal a resolution is a question for the Council and not you to decide.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:43 pm

"Point of order. I must voice my own concern. Before the establishment of the Rules, not once, but twice was a Resolution looked over by the Chair, and I am speaking of Resolution #41. With all respect, it only makes sense that the question asked by the New Roman Delegation is answered by the Chair, considering the circumstances."
Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:45 pm

"On a point of information, Mr. Speaker; how should we go about replacing you? You are perfectly good as Prime Minister but we are no longer convinced you are any good at running the legislature according to the wishes of the majority."

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:46 pm

"I can't believe I am saying this, but I must second the Librarian delegation's thoughts."
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Zunkwentania
Minister

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:55 pm

"And I must third these sentiments."

Namayapata
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Namayapata » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:02 pm

"I must point out that I still have faith in the delegation from Elemental North, however I think that Mr. Speaker must remember that this is a fully democratic alliance, rather than a "Hong Kong-style democracy", where there are votes, but what's on the ballot is up to the Government. Mr. Speaker, regardless of your personal opinion on an issue, if it does not violate any rule it must be brought for this council to vote on." Josie sat down, looking rather satisfied. She looked over at the delegate from Elemental North, whom she'd spoken to a couple of days ago. "Still want that coffee?" she asked in a whisper.
Signed,
The office of The President of Namayapata

Liberty, Freedom, Peace

LEADER: President James Mickelson
REGION: Commonwealth of Free Nations
TV NETWORK: Namayapata News Network
EMBASSY PROGRAM: Namayapatan Embassy Program
MORE INFORMATION: IIWiki

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Namayapata wrote:"I must point out that I still have faith in the delegation from Elemental North, however I think that Mr. Speaker must remember that this is a fully democratic alliance, rather than a "Hong Kong-style democracy", where there are votes, but what's on the ballot is up to the Government. Mr. Speaker, regardless of your personal opinion on an issue, if it does not violate any rule it must be brought for this council to vote on." Josie sat down, looking rather satisfied. She looked over at the delegate from Elemental North, whom she'd spoken to a couple of days ago. "Still want that coffee?" she asked in a whisper.

The delegate from Wagondia also places faith in the aptitude of the delegation from Elemental North, and advises we do not rise up against their power until elections can be held at the end of a set speaker's term. However, the delegate would like to voice his agreement with the Namayapatan delegation in that the ballot should be free and open to any relevant and lawful resolution.
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

New Hayabusa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayabusa » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm

"I would like to express my support for Resolution #45 and the point that the Librarian delegation is making. At first, I liked Resolution 44, but now that I see it actually being put into action, the process is much more choppy and as the Wagondian delegation pointed out, a rather excessive amount of formal minutia."

Andrew took a sip of tea, and then put a piece of paper out on the table.

"This is a resolution on the creation of an IFC humanitarian force. Tell me what you guys think."

The Great Kingdom of Hayabusa 
Lord Andrew Peroutka

The Blue Cross Act

[Resolution Number: 46]

Noting that there are nations world-wide suffering from both man-made and natural disasters, widespread hunger and thirst, poverty, and the effects of a war that struck their homeland

Acknowledging the fact that nations like these need support from established and advanced nations in order to maintain existence as an entity in this world

Predicting that the implementation and operation of a humanitarian force by the governments of the International Freedom Coalition would highly raise our international likability and status, which is something that could positively affect diplomatic relations with outside nations and alliances in the future

Further Noting that IFC is an organization of highly advanced nations, fully economically capable of withholding a humanitarian force and distributing resources to nations in need

Knowing the fact that we are a larger alliance and we should take it upon ourselves to take steps to improve the world in a peaceful way

HEREBY ESTABLISHES the Blue Cross Humanitarian Guard, sanctioned and funded by the governments of the International Freedom Coalition

Urging ALL nations in the IFC to contribute supplies and/or men and women of their choice to the organisation

Requiring the following items/workers to be donated into the force:
- Transportation Aircraft
- Transportation Ground Vehicles
- Medics/Medical Supplies
- Food Suppliers/Food
- Engineers or Construction Experts
- Therapists or Emotional Support Workers
- Military Guards/Standard Equipment
- Outpost Tents

Signed,

Lord Andrew Peroutka, The Great Kingdom of Hayabusa
The Great Kingdom
Dayashina
◤19 | Centre-Right◥

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:44 pm

OOC: Good God there are too many resolutions on the floor!

IC: The representative of Aigéantir wishes to be recognized by the chair.
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:43 pm

You know what. I'm going to go American on this.

By order of the Speaker:

"I, Preston Seward, Delegate of the United Democracies of Elemental North, do hereby resign all rights and privileges associated with the position of Speaker of Council, and do so re-assign them to the Vice President of the Coalition, the Delegation from Libraira and Ausitoria, Lord Matthew Whittengray. Who, if he chooses not to accept this post, may order that an election be called-thus separating the office of Speaker from the control of Cabinet, by proxy-that anyone may run in, so long as they are a G.M., and that will be exclusive to Council, be held in Council, and shall be reserved to the singular position of Speaker. However, those are the Speaker's only two choices on this issue.

It is so ordered.

As a parting word of advice..." said the Prime Minister as he set down the gabble for the last time,

"I would say to this Council that it needs to learn how to commit to something. Simply because legislation has kinks, does not mean the entire piece of legislation must be overturned. This Council has fallen into an ideal where things must either be passed or repealed. It apparently needs to learn how to speak the word 'amend'. Until then, I fear this Council does not have the confidence to do anything of meaning, and it, in my honest opinion, will be quite useless. Take that where you will."

He then, without saying another word, left a stunned chamber, and walked out the door, and back to his office.
Last edited by Elemental North on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Elemental North wrote:You know what. I'm going to go American on this.

By order of the Speaker:

"I, Preston Seward, Delegate of the United Democracies of Elemental North, do hereby resign all rights and privileges associated with the position of Speaker of Council, and do so re-assign them to the Vice President of the Coalition, the Delegation from Libraira and Ausitoria, Lord Matthew Whittengray. Who, if he chooses not to accept this post, may order that an election be called-thus separating the office of Speaker from the control of Cabinet, by proxy-that anyone may run in, so long as they are a G.M., and that will be exclusive to Council, be held in Council, and shall be reserved to the singular position of Speaker. However, those are the Speaker's only two choices on this issue.

It is so ordered.

As a parting word of advice..." said the Prime Minister as he set down the gabble for the last time,

"I would say to this Council that it needs to learn how to commit to something. Simply because legislation has kinks, does not mean the entire piece of legislation must be overturned. This Council has fallen into an ideal where things must either be passed or repealed. It apparently needs to learn how to speak the word 'amend'. Until then, I fear this Council does not have the confidence to do anything of meaning, and it, in my honest opinion, will be quite useless. Take that where you will."

He then, without saying another word, left a stunned chamber, and walked out the door, and back to his office.

OCC: Since I wasn't recognized, and our chair has left the room, I'll assume I can speak and say my piece on the matter. The fact that I used the proper system and EN didn't acknowledge me kinda has me leaning towards being in favour of Resolution 45 if it helps to cut down on the extraneous and pointless postings, not because of the house rules, but because of all the bickering over not liking the rules. Honestly guys, you're all not helping the situation, and if it brings you all back to the table, I'd rather vote aye for resolution 45, so we can get on with life!

IC: "First of all, the fact that the President has walked out of the meeting, says something about the current problems with the procedures around the IFC Council meetings. I would like to put forth either that we accept Resolution 45, if it will help alleviate some of my fellow delegates' issues with the current set of procedures, or suggest that we strike an Ad-Hoc Committee on Democratic Reform to pursue a way to more successfully hold IFC Council meetings. I agree with the statements made by our speaker Mr. Seward, that some of my fellow delegates are unable to grasp the concept of amendments, as Resolution 43 could easily have been amended, rather than a full overhaul of legislation. But I will vote Aye for Resolution 45, if no one else has an interest in striking an ad-hoc committee. I would like to see us get back to dealing with the task at hand, rather than see a breakdown in this council due to squabbling over how many times one gets to speak. Perhaps my fellow delegates should try speaking only when they have something worth saying, as things would go a lot faster." Ambassador Caomh sat down, hoping that her comments struck a chord with the other delegates.
Last edited by Aigeantir on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 am

"Thank you, Ambassador," said Alexias, who was confident that he would have no trouble at all with the job, and had used the time to assume the gabble. "We can consider an ad-hoc committee after we have got through some of the paperwork before us. Similarly we can consider a movement for an election for Speaker if Resolution no. 45 is passed.

Let us proceed then directly to the first order of business: or rather; four orders of business.

Resolution no. 41: We have had masses of time to discuss it and clearly there is an objection to the idea of postponing it indefinitely; therefore let us vote on it forthwith. I shall start by casting a vote AYE. This is the Cyber-division one.

Votes cast for Resolution no. 41*

4 AYES
0 ABSTENTIONS
0 NAY

*Note the proposer is automatically considered to have cast a vote for unless other directions are given.

For Resolutions no. 44 to 46, let us have a little time to debate them: Ausitoria itself would like to make comments, so I give way to all. I recognize all."

Alexias put down the gavel, and resumed his earlier position.

"On Resolution no. 44, Ausitoria is concerned that forcing nations to break of diplomatic relations makes official negotiations impossible, and as an alliance of peace we would urge that the proposer re-proposes the proposal without that clause.

On Resolution no. 45, we quite understand that amendments are the preferred way to do things; but we simply consider Resolution 43 far too cumbersome a base to work from; and clearly not designed to be easily amended.

On Resolution no. 46, we heartily applaud the imaginative idea."

Alexias resumed the gavel.

"As a general note, I will be ignoring the typical and normal suggestions from Resolution no. 43 except where such suggestions are clearly obvious and have been previously practised. I should state that as Speaker I intend to adopt parts of Resolution no. 43 as convention should Resolution no. 45 be passed. In practice this means I shall ignore Section 2, Section 3 A, C, E, F, J, Section 4 A, C, E; Section 5 A will be assumed, and the application of Section 9 B shall be considered rescindable by any majority. However I would prefer to see the remainder removed from the law books as there will undoubtedly be times when there is no need for so much bureaucracy.

I recognize anyone on any sensible subject."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:03 am

West Aurelia votes AYE to Resolution 41.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:22 am

"It has been brought to my attention (by Ausitorian advisors) that the cumbersome rules of resolution no. 43 require me to invent the legal fictions that (a) my proposal to discuss all matters at once constitutes a main motion, (b) that the main motion ended after I finished speaking so that I could resume the chair, and (c) my resumption of the chair coincides with a new main motion which is identical to the one ended. It also leads me to the conclusion that it is a good thing that resolution no. 43 has so many loopholes."

"Voting for Resolution no. 41 now stands at 3-0."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:36 am

We vote AYE on Res. #41.
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:45 am

"Thank you.

To further general discussion for Resolution no. 45; and to borrow the concept of forward guidance for legal plans; in the event of the passage of Resolution 45 we have been considering what parts of Resolution no. 43 are sufficiently general in principle and sufficiently principled in practice to be widely adopted; and have concluded that we would institute only the following, which we submit for your perusal and comment. In addition we are still discussing resolutions no. 44 and 46.

Abbreviated Floor Rules

(Based on work by Prime Minister Seward; Planned for Introduction in the event of the Passage of Resolution 45)

The General Procedure for Handling a Motion or Debate or Point shall be:

A. Member makes an orderly motion or statement.
B. Members discuss motion or statement in an orderly manner.
C. If a motion, and if proposed and upheld, the motion shall be voted on when considered suitable by either (i) speaker or (ii) members.
D. All remarks must be addressed to the chair, who can maintain order in any appropriate manner.

Dictionary of Concepts:
A. Methods of Voting

1. Voice vote - method normally used
2. Show of hands or rising vote - used to verify an inconclusive voice vote or on motions requiring a two-thirds vote
3. Ballot - normally used for election of officers and when ordered by a majority vote
4. Roll call vote - used when it is desired to have a record of how each member voted. Can be ordered by a majority vote unless the organization’s bylaws specify otherwise.
B. Types of Statement/Debate
1. Points of Order - raised regarding suspected inappropriate behaviour by a member.
2. Points of Information - providing or requesting information.
3. Points of Personal Privelege - a point of order raised if a delegate thinks he/she has been inappropriately behaved to.
C. Convention
Anything that has been done by the Council for enough time to be widely assumed to be equivalent to law.
D. Tyranny by the Council
1. A majority of the Council can legally do anything.
2. As representative (and while representing) the Council, the Speaker can do anything in the Council except from stop the majority of the Council.
E. Obvious
Anything obvious - e.g. Disorderly conduct is not orderly conduct - is obvious.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Chilokver
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby New Chilokver » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:37 am

From somewhere among the rows of seats, Neil Pakes yelled out suddenly, breaking the silence left by Prime Minister Seward's shock announcement.

"Chilokver shall vote AYE on all current resolutions!"
Last edited by New Chilokver on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

About User
Hong Kong-Australian Male
Pro: Yeah
Neutral: Meh
Con: Nah
| [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] |
[HOI I - Peacetime conditions]
Head of Government: President Sohum Jain
Population: 195.10 million
GDP (nominal): $6.39 trillion
Military personnel: 523.5k
IIWiki
| There is no news. |
Other Stuff
Lingria wrote:Just realized I'm better at roleplaying then talking to another human being.
Fck.
WARNING: This nation represents my RL views.

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:27 am

Mr. Emilio waited for an opportunity to speak before standing and addressing his fellow delegates. "If the chair would smile upon the opening of voting for Resolution 45, the Constitutional Empire of Wagondia votes AYE, in favor of the abbreviated rules. Additionally, we would like the Chair to record our votes in favor of Resolution 44 and Resolution 46."
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:26 am

Seward walked back in, and resumed his place in the gallery. He settled back into the spot so many influential Acerian Delegates had sat before him. He felt the leather sigh as he sat down in the chair. He listened to the Speaker give directions, and make comments, and he smiled. He would do well, hopefully.

Seward stood up, and assumed the floor.

"Mr. Speaker, we thank you for the organization of this Assembly, and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

On the Resolution 41, the Acerian Delegation votes AYE.

On the Resolution 44, the Acerian Delegation ABSTAINS.

On the Resolution 45, the Acerian Delegation ABSTAINS.

On the Resolution 46, the Acerian Delegation votes AYE, and we implore our fellow Delegates to do the same.

Thank you Mr. Speaker, I yield the balance of my time back to the Floor."

And with that, Preston sat down, continuing to watch events unfold.
Last edited by Elemental North on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:46 am

Ambassador Caomh stood, seeing that apparently more than one resolution was on the floor at the same time, and though seemingly sloppy, she would not bring about the chagrin of the speaker by pointing it out. "I want you all to consider what you vote in favour for before you do. I have seen many people vote in favour of motions because they are feel-good motions, and do not take the time to look carefully at the wording. On the flip side, sometimes a motion may be debated indefinitely only because someone has a problem with the semantics.

We vote to Abstain from Resolution 41 due to the lack of specifics that this resolution entails. It is a feel-good resolution, but ultimately without any particular teeth. It requests that we make a cyber-warfare department for the RRF, however there is no framework to suggest how this would be accomplished, who would oversee this department, and how we would be sure that this department would not be misused as an offensive weapon, as such power has the potential to be misused against other nations and organizations.

As for Resolution 44, we must Abstain as we are not directly influenced by the events occurring in Atlas, and we do not have a quarrel with the Republic of Ordia.

In light of reviewing Resolution 45, and seeing that it is a seriously gutted version of procedure found in Resolution 43, we will vote to Abstain.

Resolution 46 is something we fully support, as this has been our first and foremost stress in times of crisis. You cannot win hearts and minds as easily with guns as you can with humanitarian aid, and it is our hope that this is a sign of a more peaceful approach to the IFC in the future; one that stresses helping the victims first. We vote Aye for resolution 46."

Ambassador Caomh returned to her seat.
Last edited by Aigeantir on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:10 am

After the A.G.K.F got reinstated in the I.F.C, Junko Yamada walked into the chamber. She stood at the doorway and notice her office was still there and the only difference being where her chamber seating was. She went over trying to avoid attention and sat down shaking her head at the mess,

"Flardania votes Abstain on Resolution 41 due to lack of specifics, and with the advisement of F.I.P.A [Flardania Internet Protection Agency]. Is quite dangerous."

"Flardania votes Abstain on Resolution 42 & 43 due to our lack of knowledge and unwillingness to sort though this chaos. And urges the council to keep this organized as a high school student council is much more organized than this!!"

"Flardania vote Abstain on Resolution 44 due to Ordia being far from the Pacific and we have nothing to due with the dealings of the Atlas region."

"Flardania votes Abstain on Resolution 45."

"And Flardania thanks the Chamber for finally being a more responsible and less gun hoe. We fully support Resolution 46 and by the Grace of the Goddess Ilias and the Dirigeant Arata Kasuga, I Junko Yamada votes AYE, in favor of Resolution 46."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:11 am

"The Bratislavian Delegation votes as such on the previous resolutions:

41 - A Resolution to create a Cyber Division of the RRF - AYE
44 - SANCTION ACT ON THE REPUBLIC OF ORDIA - AYE
45 - Parliamentary Procedures Act - ABSTAIN
46 - The Blue Cross Act - AYE

We thank the council for their work and yield the floor to our next colleague."
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Namayapata
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Namayapata » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:51 pm

"Namayapata is appalled at the resignation of the delegation from Elemental North, and the passing of the position of Speaker to someone undemocratically. We are evaluating our position on this Council." Josie leant over to whisper to the delegate from Elemental North. "Where's your backbone? Why did you resign?"
Signed,
The office of The President of Namayapata

Liberty, Freedom, Peace

LEADER: President James Mickelson
REGION: Commonwealth of Free Nations
TV NETWORK: Namayapata News Network
EMBASSY PROGRAM: Namayapatan Embassy Program
MORE INFORMATION: IIWiki

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

"We would like to thank the delegate from Namayapata for their comments. In the event of the passage of our proposed resolution no. 45, there will be an established mechanism for changing the speaker; should this Council desire it.

Moving swiftly forwards, given that there are still no votes against Resolution no. 41, we shall close voting early at 7-0 with 2 abstentions.

Resolutions no. 44 to 46 are clearly at vote by popular demand.

Votes cast for Resolution no. 44

2 AYES
3 ABSTENTIONS
1 NAY

Votes cast for Resolution no. 45

2 AYES
4 ABSTENTIONS
0 NAY

Votes cast for Resolution no. 46

7 AYES
0 ABSTENTIONS
0 NAY
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates